• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝓐𝓷𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓻 𝓑𝓪𝔂(open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
original.gif

Max had just finished cleaning up when he heard the banging on his door. He already knew who it was, and he wasn’t surprised in the least bit. Knowing his sister her anger was fair. He had only left her a letter and no other way of contacting him. He kept his phone on always but he never responded when she called, he occasionally responded to a text but for the most part her had fully pulled away from Anchor Bay and he didn’t regret that choice. He regretted the fact that he left his sister behind and probably left her with a million questions. She didn’t have the same pressure as him and he needed to leave with his sanity intact.

He opened the door and there she stood in her anger. He moved out of her way so she could storm into the room, “It’s good to see you too, Dahl.” He tried to lighten the mood a little, but he knew he was failing. If the roles had been reversed, he would’ve been angrier and would’ve kicked in the door. Him and Dahlia were different, and they always had been, and he never cared, he just felt bad that he had hurt his sister because of his choice.

He sat down on the bed before she could even begin to yell at him. If she was going to yell then he wanted to be comfortable, “I’m sorry I left you.” Were the only words he had to say. He couldn’t explain it to her because he knew it would hurt her more, more than him leaving because he had known he was going to leave and never told her. He had been close with Dahlia and told her everything except that he was leaving.

geminiy geminiy

original.jpg

Rihana
Interactions: Jaellagirl Jaellagirl peachpuff peachpuff

Rihana couldn't help but roll her eyes playfully at Adi. "Hey don't you get nippy with me cutie." She teased. "Ive been across the world for the past like 3 months." She said with another giggle. Her look grew slightly worried at Adi's pause, But when she continued on Rihana let her smile slip back onto her lips. When Adi asked about her various death defying adventures around the globe it brought a little chuckle from Rihana as she zoned off into her various memories. Even look back on it all all she saw was pure bliss and joy. Running the world while dancing on the edge between life and death. It truly was what she was meant to do in her eyes.

Rihana got so zoned out she didn't even answer Adi's question. It wasn't until Adi said something about Rihana's sister that she came out of her adrenaline filled day dream. Blinking a little to wash the dream away she looked to Adi then forward to see her sister hopping around like the goof she was. Her smile grew wide as she looked back to Adi. "Come on!" She said as she grabbed onto Adikia's hand and practically tore her off down the side walk to her sister. It wasn't long before Rihana was on Loky. Letting go of Adikia she wrapped her arms around her sister mid hop and squeezed her into the hug.​

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 300px; height: 100%; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/989f3c696cf93dbe03b52b18f3170b96/tumblr_pkz2mbcw7V1xno8b4o3_250.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/baecc8ad48ed2583d1bae6fa502a490a/tumblr_nqwgisRcJ01qbq2ano1_250.gifv')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Dahlia Li[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] anchor bay
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] max
[div class=tag]mentions[/div] n/a
[div class=tag]tags[/div] Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
[div class=tag]outfit[/div] x

[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Rage couldn't describe what Dahlia felt as her brother opened the door. She wanted to punch him as hard as she could, wanted to scream and yell in his face. She had repressed the anger and sadness that came with her brother's departure for a long time but now, seeing him after so long, it all bubbled back to the surface.

Dahlia pushed her way inside and closed the door, hoping to muffle some of the yelling that she was about to do from the poor other residents of the inn. If looks could kill, Max would have been killed where he sat on the bed. She opened her mouth to yell, to let out everything that she had been feeling, but nothing came out. No words, not even a squeak of anger. Nothing.

Instead, she just stood there, looking him over. In all of the scenarios that she had made up in her head of their reunion, meeting back up in a room in the inn was not one of them. Dahlia had just accepted that she was probably not going to see her brother again, or that they'd meet again by chance. Or worse, with her brother in a coffin. He never told her where he was or what he was doing, never answered calls or texts. For all Dahlia knew, he was dead in a ditch somewhere.

"You're sorry?" Dahlia questioned through gritted teeth. "Max, you left without any warning. Fuck, you left me a note and that was it. You ignored my calls and my texts, you refused to see me. You weren't there when my accident happened at Juilliard, you weren't there when everyone else left me. But you're sorry?" Dahlia began yelling. She couldn't physically cry. Too many tears had been shed over this situation already.

Dahlia stormed over to her brother. "I'm the one who is sorry for you. I'm sorry you came back to a town that you clearly hated so much, to a family that you had no problem abandoning." She growled. Dahlia paced back and forth in front of her older brother, seething in her anger. "So why did you come back? Why did you leave? I think I deserve to know at least that much."

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

Clayton Moore
tumblr_inline_nye75sCY6C1szaa83_500.gif

Clay didn't get the answers he was looking for. What had he really expected after being away from home for so long? That things weren't going to change, that hims and Mags would still be best friends. That was the plan right, they would still be friends after all this. Clayton hadn't found his sister during the tree lighting, and Graham had ran off with his friends after dropping Lucy with him without another word.

Clayton headed home to drop off the wimpy pit bull who was shivering in her boots and sweater. She was not the hardiest of dogs and Clayton needed sometime time to think about what he was going to say to Mags when he saw her later that night. There had to be a reason that she kept this all from him, they were best friends after all, weren't they? Clayton knew that things had been different and Mags had been distant, but that was Magnolia.

He wished that he hadn't stayed away so long, taking a seat on the couch at home he starred at the clock, he didn't want to do anything. He wasn't in the mood to catch up with anyone else now. Lucy situated herself next to Clayton laying her head in his lap and starring up at him with her puppy dog eyes begging to be patted. It didn't take much to get Clayton to begin stroking the grey pit, she had the look down. It was probably how she was always allowed into all of the stores around town, no one could tell her no.

His parents came home, on a 'tree lighting' high, a bit buzzed and happy. "Hi honey" his mom smiled coming over and wrapping an arm around him kissing his temple. "We're so glad you're home." Lucy lifted her head from Clayton's lap to lick Miranda's hand. Clayton wrapped his hand around his mothers, he thought coming home would make him realize he truly hadn't left anything behind. It would be all the same like he had never left, but that wasn't the case. "Me too mom.." He said softly as she released him from her embrace and made her way back upstairs with his father.

Clayton had been so deep in thought he hadn't realized the time that had passed, it was almost time for him to meet up with Mags. To Lucy's dismay Clayton got up from the couch, receiving a small grumble of dismay from her. "Come on Lucy, you know I wouldn't leave you without good reason." She didn't seem to believe him as Clayton walked into the kitchen to get the dog a bone tossing it to her. That seemed to satisfy her enough to let him leave without giving him more problems.
-----
Clayton got in his old car that he hadn't driven for at least a year. He was sure that his parents were going to give it to Graham once he passed his licensing test, but of course Graham was taking his sweet time with that. He turned the key within the ignition as the car felt like it just might stall out, trying once more the old car came to life. Clayton put the car in drive making his way down familiar roads that he used to drive daily. He remembered the old times. Where him and Mags used to drive aimlessly around town, there wasn't much else to do within the town once you had lived their your whole life. Especially when you had a girlfriend that didn't enjoy the company of many other people.

It wasn't a far drive to the bookstore, Clayton made it their quickly with the lack of cars on the road. Most of everyone had either turned in for the night or headed to the bar or after parties. The town was quiet now, but still felt lively as the streets were lit up and the few that wandered aimlessly through the town.

Clayton pulled up in front of Magnolia's Mother's bookstore, he could see her through the windows organizing some un-shelved books, even with everything she had going on she was still deep within her own work. Clayton turned off his car and made his way to the front door quietly opening it. The bell of the door softly jingled as he made his way into the store the door closed behind him. He leaned back against the door, resting his head against the wall. "It's like nothing changed." The store was still set up the same way as it was when they were kids, every thing still in the same place it had been when Vic had been running the store.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Harper Anderson
tumblr_inline_n86sjndst81s8dmco.gif

Harper had been one of the few who didn't get the day off for the tree lighting. She had pretty much asked to work, knowing the holiday meant a lot more to others than it did to her. She would rather make the money from all the drinkers of the holiday than be out there herself. The holiday was something that she should love, but her heart just never fell in love with the way the rest of her family did. But yet, she still never left. Leaving her brother behind was something she could never consider, he was her only friend in reality and that may have been sad to others but he was the only one she could ever trust.

Harper was wiping down her counter, now that the lighting ceremony was over people had started to drift away from town and the older residents went home and to bed, while the younger residents headed to parties. Normally she would close down the bar early, there wasn't much money to be made after the town festivities had ended but she wasn't yet able to lock the doors it being so early in the night.

She turned her back to the door and began to restock the cabinets for the next shift. Waiting for the last few stragglers of the night to come through, she figured even if she made an extra $20 that night she'd still be better off. Slowly getting closer to renting their own apartment so that she could help her brother with his dreams of making it big one day. Staying in their parents home wasn't going to work for much longer, even through they loved both Harper and Hayden so much, they didn't support Hayden's dreams of being famous. Whereas they didn't love that Harper had never shared any other aspirations other than to work at the bar even if she hoped for more for herself.

Natalie Dwyer
giphy.gif

It had been a long night cold night, and now Natalie was packing up shop for the evening, completely sucked dry of coco. She was tired and her toes felt frozen and her fingertips numb. It took here on a short bit of time to gather everything she needed together, it was just the wandering back and forth to her car to put everything away that would take sometime. She picked up the giant tub that now was much lighter as it was now empty. Natalie wandered to her car struggling to grab her keys from her back pocket to unlock the trunk.

Eventually she got her keys out without dropping the tub. Realizing it may have been a lot easier and she would have looked less ridiculous if she had placed the container on the ground to open her trunk but it was too late for that. She placed the tub in the back of her vehicle before walking back into the park to retrieve the rest of her supplies. For the first time she took in her surroundings, realizing how beautiful the town looked after they light up the center. This view never would get old.

giphy.gif

Magnolia had only motioned for Elowen to follow her and her family. The girl was nice enough and as much as Mags thought about pushing the girl away, the tree lighting ceremony was something be enjoyed with others. Mags had found a good spot and she could hear her mother making idle chit chat with Elowen and Remi. Of course, this time of year always hit a sore spot in her, and she was always a little more silent as they set the tree to its beautiful glory full of lights. It was something out of a movie and it was one of the few times were Mags would let a small smile slip. She spent a little more time with Elowen not wanting to let the girl be alone. She had offered to take her mother home and left Remmick and Elowen alone. She needed some time with her mother. As they got out of downtown her mother grabbed her attention, “Magpie, my beautiful Magpie. I wish nothing more than for you to be happy. I can see it in your eyes, the pain. Please be happy for me.” Magnolia could do nothing but sigh. She wanted nothing more than to be happy, but she had ruined that years ago, “Mom, you know I’m happy. I’m just stressed. It’s been a hard year for the both of us. I wish you hadn’t relapsed.” Her mother could only shrug and try to reassure her daughter.

She had dropped off her mother and grabbed some paperwork for the store. She had chosen to continue her walk. She didn’t need the car to get around, the night air was crisp, but it gave her time to think. The walk to the store reminded her of her younger years, when life was easier but now everything was complicated. The walk was short, and she saw Remmick and Elowen still hanging out and she was happy that Remmick was finding another friend. She unlocked the store and her the small jingle of the bell. Sometimes she hated that bell, but it had made her mother happy and that reason alone she left it. She had turned her back to put the books back that a few onlookers had been interested in and that was when she heard the jingle once more.

She looked over and there he was, and he hadn’t changed in all the years he had left. Of course, it hurt her more than anything, “What do you want, Clayton?” she crossed her arms before walking closer to him, “You wanted to talk, so talk. Don’t forget you left.” Mags couldn’t let him know anything.

Dazzle Dazzle
--
tenor.gif

Remmick had watched as his cousin walked off with his aunt and he was left alone with Elowen, “Elowen, do you mind if I call you El?” he questioned. The young girl seemed nice and had a light in her eye that he hadn’t seen in anyone at least not in a long time. He smiled at her, “Would you like to show me around? I haven’t been here long I came to take care of my aunt. She’s sick. I can assume that you know Magnolia can be…difficult.” He loved his cousin but that didn’t mean he ignored her biggest flaw. He had always wondered about how she had managed to date someone. His aunt had always updated his family, so he knew more about Magnolia’s life than he wanted.

He liked Elowen and the fact that she wanted to be friendly with everyone and he needed to be out of the house for a little. He hated how sad it made him feel and he also wanted to avoid Mags even if it was for a little longer. “Tell me about yourself Elowen.” He smiled, he needed to get to know people and she seemed like a good option.

floral floral
--
tenor.gif

Max listened to the anger coming from his sister and it was justified, he had left her, and he deserved nothing less than her anger. He let her pace back and forth and he let her finish her words before he even attempted to defend himself. He had lost the right to defend himself to her and he loved his sister more than the world, but she was right. He had abandoned her, and he hadn’t looked back when he made that choice. When she finished yelling, he motioned for her to sit down. Not forcing her if she didn’t want, “Dahlia, you never saw how father was. You act like our life was picture perfect and for you it was. He was never happy with anything I did, you didn’t see the fights, you didn’t hear the fights. I left for me.” He felt bad about how he had heart Dahlia, “I always wanted to come back. I wanted to see you when you had your accident. But I couldn’t. Life was not the same for me as it was for you. I’m sorry I hurt you. I wish I could take it back.” He really felt for Dahlia. He could still sense her anger at him, “I don’t expect forgiveness. I came back because I missed you. I needed time to heal Dahlia.” He knew his return was not done in the way he wanted. He walked over and reached into his jacket. He pulled out a packet of letters, wrapped in string, “I wanted to write to you. I did. I wanted to send them. Instead I sent money. I’m sorry I failed as your big brother.” He set the letters down on the table as he waited for Dahlia’s reaction.

geminiy geminiy

5f95325fed646a9238d939c745fc9234.jpg

Elowen Reed
Outfit: (in picture, just with her glasses on and a pair tights underneath her skirt.)
Interactions: Magnolia(Briefly)/Remmick/Magnolia's Mother (Briefly)( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler )
Mentioned: N/A
<><><><><><><><><>
Elowen was ecstatic about being able to spend the event with Magnolia and her family. The girl excitedly kept conversation going with Mag’s mother and Remmick. She did note Mags distance, but made no comment on it. She let the girl be not wanting to upset her worse as she seemed to have things on her mind. Troubling things. So Elowen let her be, happy when Mags did make small talk with her though.

After the tree lighting, which ELowen thoroughly enjoyed, Mag’s took her mother home and Elowen said her goodbyes. Waving as the two went their own way. That left her and Remmick. Not that she minded, she enjoyed meeting new people. She smiled at him and nodded. “I would prefer Wren, but El is just fine.” She stated as she looked around, turning back to him. “I’m not sure I can be much help showing you around...i’m kinda get lost myself despite living here for a year…” She trailed off during her little confession. It was true though, she was horrible when it came to directions or remembering how to get to where. “But I can show you around to places I know” She added quickly, not wanting to seem totally helpless or useless.

He mentioned his aunt being sick and Elowen had to refrain herself from asking more. Curiosity killed the cat. Though it certainly hadn’t killed her actual cats, she didn’t want to ruin her chance of possible friendship. Elowen also didn’t really get what he meant by Magnolia being difficult. She didn’t see it that way. Difficult would be used to describe her sister, if Elowen had it in her to say such a thing.

When asked to talk about herself, her smile fell just the tiniest bit. Her eyes looking away from Remmick. She didn’t like talking about herself. Often when people ask, they wanted to know how she ended up in Anchor Bay. Not something she liked to talk about. Ignoring the growing thoughts of her family, she resumed her smile. “Well what do you want to know about me? Afraid I don’t have any interesting stories. Just a girl studying to be a teacher.” She said, meeting his eyes.

33807F18-FB39-409D-89C6-FC681F92DB9D.jpeg
Ethan
Interactions: open

6A48309E-21BA-46A0-9C32-E8B0E99BD416.jpeg

Deep strained breaths fought there way through his lungs. Forcing the air in and out of Ethans lungs as he ran through the cold of Anchor bay. His muscles burned and ached from his last fight but he still pushed through it. The fact that he was pretty beaten up didn’t help either but that he didn’t mind. He was used to being bruised and beaten, but right now was worse than usual. His left eye blackened and a Still pretty fresh cut adorned his right eye brow, bandages with a normal butterfly bandage. It was obvious he took a few good hits but the joy that he won made his wounds feel like nothing. As he hit town he slowed from his good paced run into a casual jog to make sure he didn’t run into people.

He continued on this pace for a while before he hit the last stretch. A small straight side walk that lead to where the tree lighting was and lucky for him it was empty. It brought a small smile as he picked up his speed. Swinging his arms more as he pushed harder into a dead sprint to the finish. He was pleased with his run as he passed his self appointed finish line and slowed. Panting heavily as he came to a stop and leaned over, resting his hands on his knees as he worked on slowing his breaths to calm down. Standing up straight after a moment and sliding his hands onto his head, locking his fingers on the back of his head and pushing the hood he wore off his head and onto his shoulders. Seeing as he made it to the lighting in time brought a smile to his face as his hard breaths slowly started to return to normal.

Last edited:
Jessica Chloe

Jessica had a relatively quiet night, spending most of it sitting under one of the may trees in the park sketching in the margins of one of her journals. She enjoyed the brisk air, even if she was beginning to no longer be able to feel her finger tips. Eventually she noticed that people had begun to disperse off into their own celebrations for the night. Putting her hand up against the tree to support herself as she stood. She slid her journal back into her bag, slinging it over her shoulder bending down once more to pick up cup of spiked coco.

Jessica knew that everyone would be on their way to Rich's house, his parents were gone every weekend and the holidays were no exception. It tended to be a ritual for all the teens to head to his house after the lighting ceremony. Jessica was already a head of most, bringing a flask of vodka in her bag, that she had stolen from the Inn's cellar. Her parents would never notice as it was, so she might as well take advantage of what she could.

She adjusted her bag on her shoulder, pulling her hair out from underneath the strap. Making her way across the park when she noticed that Sean was still there. A part of her wanted to keep going, get to the party, and keep drinking. But something in her wanted to stop, maybe see if he was going to head that way as well. Jessica didn't really ever see Sean now that he had graduated from Anchor Bay. She only knew him because she was at one point so close to Ellie, but that went up in flames pretty fast.

Jessica made the decision to at least stop and ask Sean if he was going, he had barely graduated in the last year or two, and Rich realistically wouldn't care who showed up. Rich would likely be too crossed to know his right from his left. "Hey!" Jessica picked up a bit of speed, making her way over to Sean. "How was the rest of the tree lighting." She smiled, clutching her bag close to keep it from swinging.. "Did you hear? Rich is having his annual party, you should come." She said, making a statement rather than asking.

geminiy geminiy

Graham Moore

Things had become a bit weird between him Sterling and Cassie as the night went on. They didn't find Ellie much to Sterling's disappointment and Graham's glee of running off after handing off Lucy to Clayton may have set things off on the wrong skate. Cassie had been slightly distracted by her phone since she had gotten a text early in the night. Graham wondered if it had something to do with her sister, but he kept quiet as Cassie hadn't brought it up in front of Sterling quite yet. Even so the three of them made their way to Rich's party, which luckily wasn't a far walk from the park.

Graham, Cassie and Sterling were met with an insane amount of energy, a few of Sterling's teammates came up chanting his name. While Cassie and Graham were surrounded by the rest of the cheer team. It was safe to say that they were some of the favorites of the school. Even though they kept to themselves for the most part, Graham would say that they were popular around Anchor Bay. "Hi!!!" Graham yelled ecstatically. He loved all of his friends from school, however Cassie and Sterling were his favorites. Sharing them with others never came easy to him. "Is Rich still keeping the drinks in the kitchen?" Graham made fingerguns pointing towards the kitchen as he made his way through the crowd, reaching back he grasped Cassie's hand to guide her through after him.

He opened a cooler pulling out a spiked seltzer(because what else would graham really drink) and cracking it open he took a long swig. "Have you heard from you know who?" Graham raised his eyebrows nodding towards the phone in Cassie's hand. "Has she told you when she's coming to town?" He whispered.

KingofAesir KingofAesir LittleWolfie LittleWolfie

Lokna Harrow

Her giddiness was one of her main driving forces. The snow at this point was packed into a dence slush or as much as it could be. The crowd sure was giving her enough space to live out her excitement. Her locks of hair bounced around her and the final shred of cold.

She felt strong arms wrapping around her from the back a loud scream escaped her mouth. Who ever was holding her squeezed a bit because of it. She tried her best to turn her head and see past her head of hair. The struggle was getting a bit to her but it was not too hard.

Once she had had a good view of her captor her wide smile grew even wider.
"RIHANA! YOU BASTARD OF A PERSON! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME WHEN YOU GOT HERE"

Her joy was almost sickening and she felt almost extatic. Those bursts of happiness were rare but unlike any normal member of society she had always worn her heart on the sleeve. Her sadness and joy, her anger and passion all of that was open to the world.

She turned and hugged her sister back and let all of her body to lean on Ria. Unfortunately that shifted the center of mass causing the pair to stumble a little.

Mention:
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Sorry this post ain't much

Hayden Anderson

Hayden was cold and his clothes were slightly damp, maybe joining a vicious snowball fight before he was supposed to head to Rich's house for the night wasn't his best idea. Hayden had spent the past year in Anchor Bay attempting to make a music career for himself, he may not have been a rapper but he was always looking up to his music inspiration, Jaxson Reyes. Making it big even when he came from nothing. He had been asked by Rich and a few others to bring his guitar to the party but he had unfortunately forgotten it by the door at home.

Even so Hayden was excited, his friends were home for the holidays and he couldn't wait to spend time with them tonight. Hayden pushed the door open and headed towards the pool room, a game had already begun. "I call playing the winner." He smirked, his eyes drifted across the room, taking count of who had shown up so far. A cooler caught his eye in the corner of the room, this was a party and a time for all of them to let go. Hayden knew his sister wouldn't approve much of his decisions but she wasn't here to stop him. He grabbed out a can of miller light and leaned back against the window sill cracking the can open.

Hayden caught a few eyes from old class mates across the room, he raised his can up as to say hi to them without uttering a word. Hayden was caught off guard when someone came up beside him. Jumping slightly he noticed it was only Rich. "Hey Rich, hows the party going?" He smiled returning a fist bump. "Hey bud, I see you found the goods." Rich wavered slightly, bumping his shoulder into Hayden's, which could of been a complete accident but he couldn't be sure. It was obvious that he had been drinking much longer than the rest of them, his eyes slightly red also showed that he may have been smoking a bit too. "Looks like you started a bit early." He smirked.

"Yeaaa man..." He drawled on. "Come find me if you want to join." He patted Hayden's chest with the back of fist before he stumbled off into the crowds. Rich was sure interesting, but Hayden considered taking him up on his offer later.

Open​

Clayton Moore

Clayton pushed back against the wall and made his way into the store, stopping to pick a book up off the counter. He smiled looking at Mags. "You know, nothing has changed in here, at all." He placed the book back down on the counter. "This store seems like the only thing that didn't change while I was gone." Clayton sighed, his smile faded from his lips. "Mags." Clayton said under his breath. "I wish you would of told me." He was still so in shock by how much Viv had changed in the 4 years. He never expected something like this to happen so close to home for him.

Clayton rubbed the back of his neck. "Mags, I would of been on the first flight home. You shouldn't have gone through this alone." Clayton wanted to say so much, but he wasn't even sure what he should be saying. He reached out placing a hand gently on Mags forearm. "Mags, what happened?" Clayton raised his eyebrows, he wanted to pull Mags in close. He wanted to take away all the hurt that he knew she had to be going through. But he didn't, he didn't want her to run. He finally had her in front of him for the first time in 4 years. She couldn't avoid him for once, ignoring his texts or calls. "What happened to her?"

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

It was so quiet in the prep room that could could hear a pin drop. Ryann was super focused on finishing reconstructing a man's face who had gotten into a car crash. It was her apprenticeship assignment for the day. The good thing about growing up in the Funeral Business is an apprenticeship while you're getting your degree is pretty much a formality. She has been embalming bodies since she was 15. She was truly blessed that her parents gave her a paid apprentice which allowed her to move out on her own in a cute small apartment off of Main Street. She loved living on her own, it was so freeing. Once she finished reconstructing the mans face and finished him up she took off all of her lab gear. She wondered where Loky and JC were.

Ryann got changed and closed up the funeral home before leaving. She couldn't help but think how sad it was to die so close to Christmas. That family would likely have a hard Christmas this year. She made a mental note to get a nice card for that family for the viewing tomorrow evening. It was weird locking up the Funeral Home and not just going upstairs, where her parents lived, thought her apartment was right off of main street and few blocks down so it was still pretty close. As Ryan was walking she pulled out her phone and texted JC and Loky in a group text "What are you guys up tonight, anything interesting? I need to get out and do something. x " She smiled and pressed send. She started crossing over the town square.

She saw someone bent over and almost went up to them to see if they were okay but she realized it was Ethan. She halfway panicked and started speed walking down the walkway towards her apartment. 'You're such a chicken shit.' she said softly to herself. 'Fuck' she mumbled. She looked back briefly and continued walking. She wasn't necessarily friends with him but she's seen him around and she felt like he was way out of her league and could never find the courage to talk to him.

Mentions:
Dazzle Dazzle Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Jaellagirl Jaellagirl

original (1).jpg

Rihana Harrow
Interactions: Jaellagirl Jaellagirl peachpuff peachpuff

IMG-3241.JPGIMG-3240.JPGIMG-3182.JPG

Rihana couldn't help but burst in laughter at her sisters little freak out when she was hugged from behind. Hearing Loky's choice words she fake pouted. "Her now no need for that language sis. I was gonna surprise you but you weren't home." She said laughing a little as she braced her sisters weight to keep both of them out of the snow. Her sisters over excitement was needless to say a little contagious as Rihana squeezed her tighter before finally letting go of Loky. Coopa of course was trying to join in the whole time. softly groaning and howling at the two as he pranced around the sisters, his tail waging happily as he tried to get into the hug.

When Rihana let go he took his chance and forced himself between the two groaning happily as he curled his head up at them letting out happy groans and little howls of want for attention from them. Rihana was so excited to see her sister again she forgot about Adikia for a mere moment. Quickly remembering she looked over her shoulder to Adi and waved her over. "Adikia come here! Loky you remember Adi right?" Rihana asked her sister with a happy smile as she reached down and pet Coopa a little to calm him down. He was always a rather stoic and calm dog until he got around Loky, for some reason she always excited him more than he normally got. Not that Rihana was complaining, She loved that Coopa loved Loky. It was just something that came to mind as she looked between Loky and Adikia.

Grayson had been home with his Dad for holiday break for a couple weeks now, not that his dorm was very far but it was nice to see him more often when he wasn't working. t was starting to get later and his Dad was getting ready to go out on patrol for the evening . "See ya Pops." he said as his dad left. After his dad left he put on some nicer and warmer clothes and got ready to go out for the night. Rich was throwing a party and he was definitely going to be there. He was gonna live it up while he was still in school. He brushed out his hair in the mirror and fixed the collar on his black button up shirt. he threw a flannel and lather jacket over it and made sure he had his wallet before he walked out of the door.

Grayson walked for awhile passing through the square, he saw quite a few familiar faces. He saw some red locks bouncing and he caught of glimpse of Loky. He smiled to himself when he saw her he waved as he passed by on his way to the party. Hopefully she would make an appearance at the party. He dodged a couple snowballs as he kept walking. He would have to catch up with everyone during break. His mind was on a keg at Rich's party. Once he got there he said hello to a few of his friends and had a couple beers before he ran into Hayden "Heeeeey man!" he said bumping Hayden with his elbow lightly. "How you been?" he asked happily.

Mentions:
Jaellagirl Jaellagirl Dazzle Dazzle

90344A58-69F2-4C16-9965-BC44B36C0E5F.jpeg

Ethan
Interaction: AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal

344DA252-6F94-4D81-8E25-80162CDC8E17.jpeg

Ethan let out a reliever sigh as he finally calmed his breathing to a normal state. Slowly dropping his arms down before bringing them up. Bringing his hands to his chest he stuck his elbows out twisting jt to the left he groaned as his back popped before he twisted to the right. As he did his eyes fell on a gurl hastily walking away from him. Watching her look back for a moment he gave a curious look before he called out after her. She seemed like she might have needed something so of course Ethan wanted to make sure. “Excuse me miss?” He called you the black haired girl. “Did you need something?” He asked as he dropped his arms and strolled over to where she was. Curious as to what she wanted.​

d990e46411e1f25569c83f84326a10c3.gif

Aiden had enjoyed the tree lighting ceremony and though he still didn’t know Cassidy all that well she seemed extremely friendly. He waved goodbye to his parents, “Alright, I hope you enjoy the party. I hope you get to meet some more people.” He led the pink girl behind him on the way to the house, luckily his parents had taken Cassidy’s luggage back with them to the house. He wanted his new exchange sister to enjoy Anchor Bay, it had some points of enjoyment and she had come at a good time. As they walked to the house, he kept making sure his pace was the same as hers, “I hope you’re liking it so far. The party is going to be fun. I’ll try and introduce you to some people.”

The walk wasn’t a long one and the music could be heard as they neared the house, “Welcome to your first Anchor Bay party.” Really Aiden was looking for Cassie he really wanted to talk with her. She was the only girl at Anchor Bay that he had been interested in and he could only hope that she felt the same way. She was always so friendly to everyone and that was what drew him to her. She was the nicest person and he wanted to at least try and see if maybe she felt the same way about him. And if she didn’t well then, he would just have to accept being her friend, even though Graham and Sterling both had Cassie as their best friend.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
--
source.gif

Mags had quickly pulled away when Clay had tried to touch her, she didn’t want to be reminded of what she had let go, what she had forced to leave. She had crossed her arms and turned away from him. Of course, he would’ve come back, she couldn’t risk him losing everything. Though she had tried once before to go and tell him. She had tried and then she saw what made him happy and it wasn’t her anymore. Her heart had shattered more and from then on, she had basically ignored Clay. She couldn’t face him and see the hurt on his face, the hurt she had caused.

She shook her head a couple times, “A lot happened Clay. A lot. I couldn’t ask you to come back. You were happy, you had your future planned and I couldn’t tell you. So, I asked everyone to stay silent and not tell you. She’s dying Clay. Like she’s really dying. It doesn’t matter what I do, or that I tried to spare you but she’s dying” How could Mags explain that she had known her mother was dying and didn’t tell him. How could she tell him that she had known for a while?

She turned back to face him, trying to keep her emotions in check, “Not long after we broke up and you left, she had a hard time breathing and we didn’t think much of it. She went to the doctors and we waited for the news. She had cancer, it was early, so we went through all the chemo and treatments and it went in remission. Yay.” She did a small of excitement before continuing, “But about a year ago it came back and it’s in her heart. She doesn’t have much time left. She’s living longer than the doctors expected but she won’t make it to the next tree lighting” Mags could feel her words lumped in her throat. “You left, Clay and I wasn’t letting you come back. This is my issue to take care of. Not yours. I don’t need or want your help, I’m a big girl and I’ve been handling everything just fine. Without you. I never needed you.” She wasn’t going to regret keeping him away, she wasn’t going to let herself feel sorry, and she sure as hell wasn’t going to let him find out she still loved him and always had. “I did try once, to tell you and I failed because you didn’t deserve to be have to be stuck here. You never wanted that.” She may have told him she didn’t love him but that didn’t mean she didn’t listen when he spoke to her all those years ago.

Dazzle Dazzle
--
source.gif

Remmick liked Elowen she was honest, and he enjoyed that, she was a breath of fresh air to him. He only shrugged at her comment, “Wren it is. It’s ok that you don’t know your way, it’s a confusing town.” He remembered the years when he used to visit his aunt and the amount of times that he got lost in the town, “It’s a beautiful town. I used to visit when I was younger, but life happened, and I stopped.” He didn’t mind being open with her, it wasn’t like visiting was a huge secret but talking was always something he had struggled with when it came to new people. He continued to walk with her, “You seem really nice, so I think you’d make a great teacher. Any reason you want to be teacher? Do you know what ages you’d want to teach?” He knew he was asking a lot of questions and he hoped he wasn’t crossing any boundaries. He stopped and faced her for only a second, “If I’m prying too much please let me know.”

He wasn’t like this with everyone but Wren had a different attitude and so he went with a much calmer and nicer demeanor than he would with others. He just wanted to get to know people outside of his family and he didn’t care if that meant he had to be extra nice because in the end he would still have at least a friend outside of his aunt and cousin.

floral floral

62c56615de3d700211a6c8d84f64af07.jpg
As Ryann was walking away she heard a voice call after her, her heart dropped into her stomach. She turned to see Ethan coming towards her. 'Why? why did it have to be him? On all days?' she thought to herself. She had make-u on but not her usual amount. Then again her toned down make-up may not scare him away. As he approached her she froze and didn't really know what to say. "Uh..I..." she said softly, her light Irish accent peeking through. 'shit...talk.' she thought to herself. "You were bent over I was just gonna...uh..make sure you were okay." she said adjusting her leather jacket. Without trying to be obvious she smelled her jacket and of course it smelled like funeral home. "But I uh see you're okay" she said. She stopped talking and was frozen again. She was so bad at talking to guys. She always got so nervous.

Mentions: Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

JULIAN TANNER || Interactions: Nat & Justice || Dazzle Dazzle | Location: Anchor Bay, Nat's Car
5d94b00e2a14469b126bce420a7032bf.jpg

Julian was full of relief once the snowball fight was over, the younger Tanner's stopping once their parent's came into view. The family got to enjoy the tree lighting in peace after that, thankfully no more snowballs thrown. Well except for one, Jasper decided to get brave and nail their father and ended up in the snow. Everyone laughing at how quick it ended. After the lighting was over and everyone started doing their own thing, Julian and Justice decided to stay out longer while their parent's went home with the younger siblings. Much to Julian's relief. He had enough babysitting for the day.

As him and Justice talked and walked around, he spotted Natalie packing up stuff into her car. It seemed she had just finished. Walking over, Justice following behind him, he grinned. "Hey Nat. You need any help there?" He asked looking at her. Justice on the other hand gave him a pat on the back and a wave to them both before leaving., causing him to roll his eyes at her. Of course his sister would ditch him. Nothing new. "How have you been?" To be honest he was quite surprised to see her here. Last he heard she had wanted to go off to college and had plenty of choices to choose. He had thought she would be busy studying up at some grand university, not packing what had looked like cafe gear into her car.

JUSTICE TANNER || Interactions: Julian & Nat & Micki || Myself, briefly Dazzle Dazzle , and Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler || Location: Somewhere in Anchor Bay (idk)
10355fb6d5da491d370ab66e1779ad17.jpg
Justice was left alone. She of course could have stayed and awkwardly third wheeled Julian and Natalie, but that wasn't going to happen. As much as she and Julian clung to each other, she was not about to stand to the side quietly and awkwardly watch the two hang out. So she waved goodbye to the two and dismissed herself. A small goodbye to the two as she began to wander around the town. Justice considered going home, but then she would have had to deal with the little hyper demons that were there. (little did she know Jasper snuck out to go to a party and the two girls were actually behaving.) Besides she wasn't ready to go home just yet. Maybe the bar? She wasn't in the mood for it, surprisingly. She used to try to sneak into the bar alot during highschool.

Justice sighed, quite bored already with no where to go and no idea who was in town. The reasonable choice would to text and see, but where is the fun in that? She turned around and made way to the bar, out of ideas. That was until she spotted the girl from early she had been introduced to. Was it Mickey or Micki? Micki sounded more fitting to her so she rolled with it. "Yo! Micki? Have any plans?" She called out trying to get the girls attention as she approached.

tumblr_p50rpuyzgC1tppbmpo1_500.gif
9e01aec0a59c4bb8ad72020c1598fa3e.jpg
tumblr_p4zhdyU5c21rfl2e1o1_500.gif

Maura Rose Anderson
"How quickly do they sell their souls for the feast and the promise of Gold"

The cosy heat inside her grandfather's shop was a thing to be missed as the brunette stood outside its blue painted door. The winter months were beautiful, the glittering frost that decorated cars and the snow that settled on the ground like a blanket was something out of a story book. But as Maura struggled to lock the shop with shaking hands, she couldn't help but miss the warmth that summer brought, after a little bit of begging and a frustrated huff she finally heard the click of the door locking, sliding the key safely away inside her pocket she wrapped the patterned coat tightly around her shaking body and braved the firm winds, carefully stepping over any lumps of snow that hadn't been cleared away from the popular path.

Most people would know that wearing high heels was not the brightest choice when the ground was covered in shards of ice, but Maura didn't second guess her decision to pick the only shoes that matched her little skirt, so its no surprise that one wrong step made her dance like Bambi. Grabbing on to the first solid thing her hand could grasp, she felt a warmth that no inanimate object would be able to project, once both of her feet were firmly planted on the ground, Maura looked up to face the darling Micki, and another girl, though she could not recall her name. With a bright smile dancing across her lips she offered an apology "I am so sorry, Micki, I didn't hurt you did I?" she pulled her hand back from the girl's arms and let it drop to her side, curling her fingers in an unknown rhythm. Only then did she question her choice of footwear, but even after coming close to breaking her delicate neck, she still couldn't find a good enough reason to have left them at home. Twirling a strand of hair around her pale fingers she ever so politely studied both girls, the name of the other brunette was on the tip of her tongue but the word just wouldn't form.

390325wa.jpg

Aurora Taylor: Moonlight by The Sea
"That'll be twelve dollars." Aurora smiled. Her white teeth lit up the room as she stood behind the counter. She watched as the customer took their things and walked out, the bell atop the door ringing as yet another satisfied customer went about their day. Her brown eyes moved to the wall clock, and she sighed for it was only an hour till closing time.

The shop's interior was clean, something she saw to herself twice daily as the wooden floors and carpet covering them looked just as fresh as the day Aurora had bought the place. The walls, ocean blue were decorated with various paintings. Some nighttime portraits of Anchor Bay, basking in moonlight while others were of animals or of the night sky as the woman painted the stars. One that hung with the others, although without a price tag depicted the Northern Lights.

The ceiling was one painting in of itself, that of a constellation that she had lights hanging from in the shape of stars, and a large one of the moon. However, given the season she'd placed her fair share of festive decorations and paintings around the shop. A painting of a reindeer, of a flying sled piloted by a large, jolly man in red and even two paintings depicting Victorian England full of Muppets.
Seeing one of the stars slightly out of place, Aurora stood tall on a stool and adjusted it. Even if she wasn't expecting another customer until closing time the shop had to be in one piece.

Sitting back behind the counter, she checked her phone to pass the time. No new messages, no new updates. It had been quiet for the past half hour, and that just made the last hour drag in for longer. Resting her elbows on the counter, her smile remained, albeit smaller than before. She was counting down the minutes now, her mind half-focused on the door while also basking in a daydream.

F849CE1D-34E6-4BDE-8642-890F3484292A.jpeg

Cassidy
Interaction: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

D0B9F07B-E7B4-4792-BF7F-5491DAD7B4B0.pngA5E4FD49-37B7-4427-A536-59A5C92DA89A.jpegC78B4DBA-AFEB-4F90-806A-AF34DDFB45D0.jpeg
Cassidy enjoyed the tree lighting greatly. Taking at least a few hundred pictures of the tree and other random things she found amazing. She made sure to stay close to Aiden and not wander to far on her quest to see things she found amazing in America. When it was time to go to the party she waved bye to her guardians “Grazie! I will!” She said happily to them before she followed after Aiden. Listening to him with a big smile she immediately responded. “Oh I love it here! I’ve always wanted to come to America and see this place!” She said almost with childlike excitement before she remembered something important. “May I ask you something later Aiden?” She asked softly as they neared the house. Hearing the music she listened in to try and see if she could pick out the words and understand the music. Not able to really hear it at this distance she brought her hands up to her ears and gently started messing with the dials on her hearing aids. She was glad Aiden hadn’t asked about them yet but then again. Her hair had been covering them pretty well. Still she knew how she didn’t like talking about them so it was nice. Mostly though she was excited to meet all the new people!
As they walked along she continued to fiddle with her hearing aids to try and hear the song better but frowned as it didn’t seem to be working. Glancing over to Aiden she reached over and gently grabbed onto his jacket. Tugging at it a little to get his attention before asking him. “Hey Aiden. Could you tell me what song is playing?” She asked him in a slightly embarrassed tone.

Last edited:
DCD54CE5-0822-4988-A021-71E5498D3F59.jpeg
Ethan
Interactions: AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal
90504ABB-6181-4A2A-94F1-4CAF459803BB.jpeg

Ethan let out a smile trying to look friendly to her. He could tell she was nervous around him but didn’t know why? Could it have just been his size, he was a big dude to say the least. Maybe she was just one of those girls that got nervous around guys so he did his best to seem like he didn’t notice her nervousness. “Oh that? Yeah I just finished a hard run so....” he said with a slightly embarrassed chuckle at it. Running a hand over his hair before gently running it over his bruised cheek then slipping his hands into his pockets as he smiled more at her. He couldn’t help but subtly note that she was rather cute if he had to admit it. When he noticed that she kind of froze he gave her a somewhat puzzled look. “Hey uh you ok?” He asked softly to her​

Ethan being this close allowed her to get a better look at him, when she was able to occasionally look him in the face. Once he asked if she was okay she mentally slapped herself to snap out of it. She had all the confidence in the world (sometimes) and could surely handle talking to the guy she occasionally saw around town. The only reason she knew his name was because a grocery clerk had mentioned it one day when he was in line a few rows down from her. She straightened up a bit and actually fully looked at him. She smiled at him "Yeah, just a little cold." she said pulling her black coat a bit more firmly around her. She got a really good look at his face and noticed the bruising. "Looks like you got into a nasty scrap as well." she said touching the part of her cheek where his bruise was. She couldn't really talk because she got into a bit of a scrap last week during field hockey herself. Her makeup covered the bruise on her jaw though.

Mentions: Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

troian-gif_tunv0i.gif

Micki had been about to head home seeing as everything had died down and most everyone had dispersed after the lighting. She didn’t mind she wasn’t well known around town so going home was seeming like her best option and then she had heard her name being called. She turned to see Justice calling her and she smiled at the girl. Honestly, she liked Justice she just didn’t know the girl all that well, hell she didn’t know most anyone all that well but hell it was better than being alone for now. She shook her head towards the question, “Not really, was thinking of maybe going for some tea. It’s the only other place still open.” Her attention was distracted as she felt her arm go down. She quickly reacted and turned her whole body to catch whoever was falling.

She looked towards Maura and helped the girl get balanced again, “I’m fine, are you okay? That could’ve been a bad fall.” She looked back towards Justice, “This is Justice, I don’t know if either of you have met but her and I were going to go for some tea. Did you want to join?” Micki loved having the company of others and she hoped that Justice didn’t mind.
DarlingPersephone DarlingPersephone q r o w q r o w

Users who are viewing this thread

Back