• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฌ๐’…๐’ˆ๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘ฌ๐’™๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ โˆ† Out of Character

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Thanks for the question and response! Just to follow up from that, did the natural disasters devastate society pretty much at the get-go, or was a more gradual process at the beginning (kind of like what we're seeing with the climate crisis? I'm just trying to figure out if our characters may have known a world that was "almost" like ours, and could have led relatively normal lives before shit really hit the fan?

I'm also leaning towards applying for the Historian, but there are so many fascinating roles that it's hard to choose arhgghghgghghgh
Apply for as many as you can/want. Creating the characters and deciding who we were going to rp was just as difficult for us as well c; xD

ebb ebb i'm looking forward to seeing your completed cs in the meantime~ don't fret we have until the 11th!

HELLO!
I'm thinking of applying for the medic and/or the compass. But i have a question, since it's fantasy is there potions, alchemy, or anything of that assortment? Or is it more natural or scientific remedies and creations?

late gm popping in only to say that i am absolutely excited to see the characters you can come up with !! <3

As for your question ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi , I would say that if potions & alchemy exists in the world - the humans would not know about it. Their world, as post-apocalyptic as it may be, is still earth to them. And while some may have crafted theories about a presence of unexplainable power, their knowledge is still based on what they have always known before; which is information from science and nature studies.
It is also to note that due to the consistent natural disasters, it has become difficult, if not improbable, for the humans to even progress in these studies. So they are, essentially, almost back to zero in terms of (scientific) development.

so short answer: they only have natural and scientific remedies/creations.

hope this helps c: !

Sereda Sereda I am so sorry, I had pasted the wrong CS code in the CS Thread, so you're missing the Appearance. I hate to inconvenience you, but if you wouldn't mind adding the basics: height, weight, hair color, eye color, body type, facial features, and distinguishable features to your CS that would be wonderful.

Sereda Sereda I am so sorry, I had pasted the wrong CS code in the CS Thread, so you're missing the Appearance. I hate to inconvenience you, but if you wouldn't mind adding the basics: height, weight, hair color, eye color, body type, facial features, and distinguishable features to your CS that would be wonderful.
Yo, no problemo~ Iโ€™ll edit the thing after work ^~^

I'm sooo dumb, I totally forgot to hit watch on this thread so I wasn't getting any notifications :-_-lines: Anywhooo hi guys I'm Storme, nice to meet ya. I'm about to start the hunt for a good fc in the morning , can't wait to see everyones characters!

quadratis quadratis neon reverie neon reverie Hi, sorry to bother you again lol. I wanted to ask information about the winged beasts and how they affect humans now. Like how frequently are they sighted? Have they engaged contact with current human beings? In friendly or hostile terms? I understand you don't want to share too much information but i wanted to at least have the basic understanding of human's perspective regarding them.

Feyrie Feyrie You're not bothering us lol so to answer your question there are sightings, but for right now there's only tales of them. Nobody for sure knows what they look like up close because they don't kindly approach them. In the off chance that they were to be approached by one then they wouldn't have lived to tell the tale. So right now, the human's perspective is that they're just as mysterious as a big foot or moth man sighting. Rumored, difficult to make out, distant, and dangerous.

Iโ€™m still interested! But I probably wonโ€™t be able to get a CS up until the 11th. I got back from overseas 2 weeks ago and Iโ€™m heading home from my place of quarantine tomorrow so Iโ€™ll be on the road for a couple days

Just to clarify- for the background / history, youโ€™re mainly looking for our characterโ€™s life during normal times right? Like before shit hit the fan and the earth turned to shambles? Then maybe a little about how they reacted to the end of the world since we donโ€™t know much about the lore / history of this world?

Last edited:
If you need an extension let us know so we can work alongside you through this. I completely understand seeing as I have family who're also dealing with a similar situation at the moment..

And yes. More along the lines of how they lived and survived during the time the world was ending. An origin of family ancestry before the world ended, and how they tried to survive during the world ending.

During this apocalypse people aren't focusing too much on how wealthy people are because currency hardly matters as much as just surviving does. During the RP the noble and governing are only noble and governing because of their imposing strength, dominance, and influence when it comes to leading; they're the best at the craft. At the moment there isn't a currency or trade that's structured enough to distinguish others via class, so unless the character's a diplomatic role, or maybe even a historian role, I don't expect anyone to have a lot to say about their character's family history before the world ended. In fact, it's understandable if they hardly know anything at all seeing as humanity has been drastically thinned out. Semblance Semblance

If you need an extension let us know so we can work alongside you through this. I completely understand seeing as I have family who're also dealing with a similar situation at the moment..

And yes. More along the lines of how they lived and survived during the time the world was ending. An origin of family ancestry before the world ended, and how they tried to survive during the world ending.

During this apocalypse people aren't focusing too much on how wealthy people are because currency hardly matters as much as just surviving does. During the RP the noble and governing are only noble and governing because of their imposing strength, dominance, and influence when it comes to leading; they're the best at the craft. At the moment there isn't a currency or trade that's structured enough to distinguish others via class, so unless the character's a diplomatic role, or maybe even a historian role, I don't expect anyone to have a lot to say about their character's family history before the world ended. In fact, it's understandable if they hardly know anything at all seeing as humanity has been drastically thinned out. Semblance Semblance
Thanks! I'll try to get one up by the night of the 11th but I'll let you know if I need more time

Gotcha! Around how many years ago did the natural disasters/world ending start to happen? And how long did it take for the world to get from "everything is fine and dandy" to absolute shit?

Also, how practical would it be for my character to travel around on a motorcycle? I'm assuming gasoline would be very high in demand and powerful gangs would try to monopolize them

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll try to get one up by the night of the 11th but I'll let you know if I need more time

Gotcha! Around how many years ago did the natural disasters/world ending start to happen? And how long did it take for the world to get from "everything is fine and dandy" to absolute shit?

Also, how practical would it be for my character to travel around on a motorcycle? I'm assuming gasoline would be very high in demand and powerful gangs would try to monopolize them
Good question!

So the natural disasters began around 2012, but humanity was convinced that it was just global warming. Between 2012-2020 the disasters only got worse, with repairs being incredibly expensive in industrialized areas. Money that a lot of government's didn't really have. Going from occasional to consistent, people felt hopeless, some even dared to riot even though it was pointless. To add onto this, people slowly found out that there are beings that exist alongside them that weren't necessarily human. Rumor has it that it's hard to say that they were extraterrestrial or celestial beings. Around the year 2031-2033 these creatures have started to attack human beings. There is no telling if the government has known about them or not. There's no record that states that they have as far as your character's are concerned. This makes things awfully difficult for the diplomatic and historian roles. There's rarely a single person who is still alive from the generations that existed during the years 2012-2033 because mortality rates are declining due to the natural disasters which does include viruses that require medicine people are currently lacking.

The current year is 2077 which indicates that the generation born between 2059-2077 only have information that they need to know to survive. Everything about Earth back then passes through word of mouth the same way religion did in the Mesopotamian Era. In fact, you could say that this dystopian era is a bit similar to the Mesopotamian Era. There's nothing that is urban that is functioning. Gasoline? Gone. The chances of having gasoline is 30-40% out of 100 and declining.

So it's not likely for your character to travel around on a motorcycle, yet, and at the moment we're not aware of any other 'gang's. There are thieves, but not really gangs or groups of bandits yet. We've recently decided that we're going to be starting this off with a small group of people traveling together with the intent to settle down somewhere after struggling to come across other humans and essential resources. We don't really know how high in demand gasoline is either because your characters do not know of any cities or towns or villages that could possibly have access to gasoline. Should your character(s) be accepted, and there are some things that contradict what was mentioned, in the CS we've accepted, then we can definitely discuss that and merge these details into the plans that we have for the RP.

ebb ebb Storme Storme Feyrie Feyrie low fidelity low fidelity Sereda Sereda Fred Colon Fred Colon N NotinthisUniverse anderswo anderswo Wondertainment Wondertainment BenjaminAaron BenjaminAaron ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Semblance Semblance Widget Widget

This has been edited:

To add onto this there isn't a currency. This has yet to be determined - put into place - in the world of the RP itself. Right now there is only one known settlement that you're all aware of and that is the main characters. If you want to make it so they know of other settlements that's also fine, but that's how we're starting things off. None of the NPC's that neon reverie neon reverie and I will be controlling will know of any other settlement.

Also, it hasn't been very long - i'd say a half a year since the natural disasters have ceased from chaotic to neutral. A trauma that your characters would most definitely have is an unsettling fear for storms that do come and go naturally, every so often if nature wills it. If this helps.

Last edited:
Ahh I'm loving all this! I'm definitely still interested and will have my character sheet done before the 11th.

Ahh I'm loving all this! I'm definitely still interested and will have my character sheet done before the 11th.
I'm glad that you are! I'm honestly looking forward to reviewing all the Character Sheets this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back