• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฌ๐’…๐’ˆ๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘ฌ๐’™๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ โˆ† Out of Character

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Good question!

So the natural disasters began around 2012, but humanity was convinced that it was just global warming. Between 2012-2020 the disasters only got worse, with repairs being incredibly expensive in industrialized areas. Money that a lot of government's didn't really have. Going from occasional to consistent, people felt hopeless, some even dared to riot even though it was pointless. To add onto this, people slowly found out that there are beings that exist alongside them that weren't necessarily human. Rumor has it that it's hard to say that they were extraterrestrial or celestial beings. Around the year 2031-2033 these creatures have started to attack human beings. There is no telling if the government has known about them or not. There's no record that states that they have as far as your character's are concerned. This makes things awfully difficult for the diplomatic and historian roles. There's rarely a single person who is still alive from the generations that existed during the years 2012-2033 because mortality rates are declining due to the natural disasters which does include viruses that require medicine people are currently lacking.

The current year is 2077 which indicates that the generation born between 2059-2077 only have information that they need to know to survive. Everything about Earth back then passes through word of mouth the same way religion did in the Mesopotamian Era. In fact, you could say that this dystopian era is a bit similar to the Mesopotamian Era. There's nothing that is urban that is functioning. Gasoline? Gone. The chances of having gasoline is 30-40% out of 100 and declining.

So it's not likely for your character to travel around on a motorcycle, yet, and at the moment we're not aware of any other 'gang's. There are thieves, but not really gangs or groups of bandits yet. We've recently decided that we're going to be starting this off with a small group of people traveling together with the intent to settle down somewhere after struggling to come across other humans and essential resources. We don't really know how high in demand gasoline is either because your characters do not know of any cities or towns or villages that could possibly have access to gasoline. Should your character(s) be accepted, and there are some things that contradict what was mentioned, in the CS we've accepted, then we can definitely discuss that and merge these details into the plans that we have for the RP.

ebb ebb Storme Storme Feyrie Feyrie @birth of venus Sereda Sereda Fred Colon Fred Colon @NotinthisUniverse @anderswo Wondertainment Wondertainment BenjaminAaron BenjaminAaron ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Semblance Semblance Widget Widget

This has been edited:

To add onto this there isn't a currency. This has yet to be determined - put into place - in the world of the RP itself. Right now there is only one known settlement that you're all aware of and that is the main characters. If you want to make it so they know of other settlements that's also fine, but that's how we're starting things off. None of the NPC's that neon reverie neon reverie and I will be controlling will know of any other settlement.

Also, it hasn't been very long - i'd say a half a year since the natural disasters have ceased from chaotic to neutral. A trauma that your characters would most definitely have is an unsettling fear for storms that do come and go naturally, every so often if nature wills it. If this helps.
Thank you for this very informative and helpful answer!

Still interested! Sorry, I've been super hecking busy with school this week, but will try to get a CS up by the 11th.

Still interested! Sorry, I've been super hecking busy with school this week, but will try to get a CS up by the 11th.
Can I ask which role you're planning on applying for?

Also I'm almost done with my character- I just have to do his background which I'll finish tomorrow evening (EST). Lmk if there's anything I should change!

My CS is all finished! I'm digging what everyone is creating - can't wait to see the characters come to life (even if I'm not selected) <3

Just posted my CS! Will add the backstory shortly!

Edit: Completely finished!

Last edited:
Officially done with my character! I've created my character to fit The Compass role but I can also accommodate my character to fit The Thief as well. If possible, I'd like to apply for The Thief with the same character as a back-up. After a couple personality and background tweaks, I could adapt my current character for The Thief role too.

Last edited:
Edited to fix some lore inconsistencies regarding the winged beasts. Also, I'm loving all of the character sheets, and am so excited to see where the rp goes! I'll definitely be following the thread even if my character isn't accepted (provided that is cool with the GMs, of course XD)

following the thread is always welcome~ ebb ebb Widget Widget besides the thread will be reopen in the near future with more characters so following will definitely be helpful if you plan on applying again ๐Ÿ‘€โœจ

Semblance Semblance Yes that's fine! I'll let you know if there'll be an extended deadline to give you time to reapply again should you not be accepted this go around ๐ŸŒธ

Lol, I really donโ€™t know if I got the setting right close to what you guys envisioned it lmao hahaahah
nice to know sign ups will reopen considering our characters can die even if you get accepted xD

xDDD right?? agh the death sceeness.. and we never expected you guys to get the setting of the RP A1 in your CS it's more along the lines of a test to see where your mind is and how creative you are seeing as we purposefully withheld information c';

Ah well thatโ€™s technically the whole point of CS in my opinion lol. Itโ€™s for getting a feel of the other roleplayersโ€™ style of writing, ideas and their own perception in respond to your roleplay idea xD

ANNOUNCEMENT
first things first, we would like to thank you all for expressing your interest in edge of extinction!
It was not an easy feat to decide which characters we'd liked best for the roleplay since you all put up wonderful applications. We were really amazed by the creativity and effort, knowing very well that it must not have been easy given the limited information we could give you at the time, but me and quadratis quadratis are very happy that this roleplay has attracted such a talented crowd of writers.
Nevertheless, we have come to the selection of the official cast and those accepted will be receiving an invite to the discord channel shortly.
Please don't be discouraged if your character was not chosen: the majority of the decision came down just to who we found slightly more creative in terms of backstory and how well the personality and qualities of the character would fit the role we had in mind.
Also, i'd like to note that this roleplay will open again sometime with new roles, so even though your character has not been chosen now, you will still have a chance to join this roleplay later on!
again, thank you all for the lovely applications and we hope to roleplay with you in the future as well c:
[tags: Feyrie Feyrie Semblance Semblance Widget Widget ebb ebb Fred Colon Fred Colon BenjaminAaron BenjaminAaron ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Sereda Sereda Storme Storme Wondertainment Wondertainment ]

hey everyone! sorry i got busy with work/life but i'm back from my hiatus (and currently recruiting players for an RP of my own - check out the link in my signature if you're interested). is this still happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back