• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲'𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

Characters
Here
Guk Tae-won

A soft, warm smile formed upon Tae’s face as he felt his best friend’s head plant itself firmly on his shoulder. As much as he wanted to tell her that he wanted to wait out the front of the meet up point – you know, just in case her loving boyfriend took things the wrong way – he still had to respect her wants or needs. After all, Sung-Mi was an adult. She could technically fight her own battles. But sometimes it was just nicer to have someone by your side, helping you fight your battles.

So, upon hearing the new plan, and squirming slightly as his best friend used her Devil claws to poke his side, Tae slowly nodded before placing the side of his cheek upon the top of Sung-Mi’s head. “I suppose I can’t change your mind” he said in a soft voice, followed by an overdramatic, exaggerated sigh. Hearing her thank you only caused his chest to swell and the smile on his face to grow. “I’ve always got your back, booger breath” he responded, shifting his head to press a kiss upon the top of her head before resting his cheek against it once more.

Ah… This was what he loved about their friendship. Unconditional love. Supporting each other through every storm. Well, thankfully Sung-Mi was by his side because this next storm was about to unpredictably make an appearance. The doorbell began to ring violently causing Tae to sit up straight, his curious eyes gazing over towards the hallway leading to the front door. “What the heck… You didn’t order any delivery food, did you?” he asked, turning to Sung-Mi with a confused complexion.

And then something else happened that caused Tae’s eyes to widen. The sound of his keypad beeping, indicating that someone was trying to enter his pin number to come into the house. “Wh-” he began, about to push himself off the couch to go and have a look – and that’s when he heard it.

Guk Tae-Won!

Oh, Jesus. It was Nari.

The girl stormed into the apartment, not even bothering to take her shoes off, in search of her boyfriend. After all, you either suspect two things when your boyfriend hasn’t answered any of your calls or texts in the last twelve hours. He was either dead in his apartment, rotting away. Or worse; he was cheating. And so, as Nari walked – well, more like she stomped – down the hallway and found herself standing at the entrance to the living area, she paused.

There was her boyfriend – healthy and alive. But there was also Sung-Mi. Why the heck was Sung-Mi still here? Why the heck was Sung-Mi sitting on the couch with Tae next to her? Let me rephrase that. Why was she sitting on the couch next to Tae who was only wearing sports shorts? And knowing her boyfriend, he was probably free balling too. Never in her dreams would she think that Tae would ever get physical with Sung-Mi. But seeing them together like this, and knowing that Tae had neglected to answer his phone for the last twelve hours, her brain went into overdrive.

You’re kidding, right?” Nari exhaled, throwing her hand over to the direction of Sung-Mi without even looking at the girl. “With her?!

I don’t know what you-” Tae began, but was cut off by his darling girlfriend.

You said to me on our first date that sleeping with her would be like sleeping with your sister. What is this Tae? You’re finally into this whole incest kink?

Tae’s eyes widened in complete shock, finally understanding what Nari was trying to say. “Nari – no. It’s not like that at all. We didn’t-” He paused, looking at Sung-Mi in complete horror and confusion. His eyes were screaming please help me. He couldn’t say that they had never had sex together because… well… they… had? But that was before Nari. And they were drunk. Right? But Nari didn’t need to know that. Tae barely even knew about it as his brain was still trying to put together the pieces of that night. “We… we… Uh…” Oh Lord, he was stuttering over his words.

mood: people just want to kill me apparently | location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

A blissful smile on her face, Sung-Mi felt her heart warm as Tae pressed a kiss onto her head. Just like always. Something about the action, though, felt different now. It felt familiar, because it was. Tae had kissed her head more times than her own mother. But this was a different familiar. Like something she was just remembering for the first time. Which, now, she had come to know, was a bad feeling. Not that the feeling in its self was bad, it felt nice, but it was the memories that followed that she tried to avoid.

Well, lucky for her, they wouldn't surface. As the doorbell's violent sound screaming overhead knocked any deja vu from her skull. Confused, she looked over at the door at almost the same time as her best friend. Who the heck was ringing the doorbell at this time. Wait. What time was it exactly? At Tae's question and shook her head. "No....?" She gave him a strange look before she heard the beeps of his keypad being used. In that moment her mind went to burglar. They were about the get killed by a robber weren't they?

Honestly, a burglar would be better than who's voice Sung-Mi heard. A very annoyed Nari stood in the doorway and looked over at her and Tae in absolute disgust. As she began to talk, Sung-Mi blinked a few times at her first accusative statement and finger pointed at her. She wasn't actually implying that they had slept together? Was she? And just as that thought came into her mind, so did Nari's next sentence. Oh, she really did think that Tae would go and cheat on her. Her eyes widened in horror as soon as the words left the other girl's mouth. How were they supposed to explain to Nari that nothing had happened between them? Well, something had happened, just not last night. The thought of it made her skin crawl.

Tae's pleading eyes connected with her's as she looked at him in just as much panic. If being worried about Eun-Sang wasn't enough, may as well add the fact that her best friend's girlfriend was accusing her of being some sort of mistress. Looks like she knew what Nari thought of her. Sung-Mi was just some backstabbing whore to her, wasn't she? Who would pounce on her boyfriend the first chance she got. If she was trying to force herself to like Nari before, she wasn't going to any more. She didn't like her at all.

She was about to speak up and say something about Eun-Sang. Just as she did, Sung-Mi realized the irony in using her own boyfriend in defense. It didn't stop you before. Her mind taunted. But she was drunk, it was a mistake, and to her, it never happened. She wasn't a cheater.....right? Right. She could barley remember that night, so it didn't count as cheating.... She needed to focus at the problem at hand rather than question her loyalty to her boyfriend. "I'm nothing more than a cheating slut, who wants to ruin my friend's relationship, right?" was what she wanted to say. But Sung-Mi didn't have the guts to say that. "Nothing happened last night Nari. I barely even saw him and I was in the apartment. He went to the emergency room and got stitches. His phone was dead too. I only stayed because I was worried." Which was the truth. Sung-Mi was hoping that was enough to get her to stop asking questions. She worried that if Nari asked more questions, she might become more and more suspicious. She had no reason to feel threatened by Sung-Mi. Tae was nothing more than her friend. That's all she ever wanted him to be to her. Though, that explanation may just put them in more hot water.

location: Tae's Apartment |Mood: What a wonderful girlfriend you have Tae.
tags: weldherwings weldherwings |outfit

An Sung-Mi

Guk Tae-won

Nari’s eyes widened as she heard Sung-Mi’s explanation, snapping her gaze over to her boyfriend and zeroing on him. The poor boy looked like a child who was getting into trouble and trying to weasel his way out of it. Well, in all honesty, he did nothing wrong. But not in Nari’s mind. All Nari could see was that Tae and Sung-Mi somehow planned all of this. Planned for her mother to call to ask her to come home and then to spend the romantic night that her and Tae were meant to spend together. The most she thought about it, the more it was burning her up on the inside.

But now they were tossing into the fact that apparently Tae went to the hospital? No, not just the hospital – the emergency room. Had his phone seriously been that dead that he didn’t even consider telling her? They had texted to each other last night until around ten; when Tae told her that she should get some beauty sleep because she had a show to work on later today. The whole time they had been talking, he didn’t mention once about going to the hospital.

You went to the emergency room?” Nari scoffed, looking at her boyfriend with disbelief.

I only got a couple of stitches. It’s f-” Tae began, pushing himself off the couch to a standing position. He shifted his weight onto his good foot, trying to not put any pressure on the other.

You went while we were texting and you didn’t even tell me?!

I didn’t want to stress you out! You have a big day today and I knew if I told you, you’d want to come and see me in the emergency room. And then you wouldn’t get enough sleep

So now you get to pick what’s good for me and what’s not good for me? Are you trying to control my life or something?

Nari, no – It’s not that. I ju-

Forget it Tae.

With an eye-roll and a flick of her hair, Nari turned on her heels and began to make her exit. “Nari!” Tae called out, hobbling as quick as possible after his girlfriend. Jesus Christ. This was a side of Nari he had never really seen before. Sure, he knew that she was competitive and basically just a girl version of him. But he didn’t know that she was so… jealous. And that she just jumped to conclusions without actually asking him what had happened or what was going on.

She continued to storm out of the apartment, sparing no time to slam the door open and to quickly be on her way. Poor Tae was struggling to keep up with her movements as he hobbled down the hallway (trying his absolute best to remain off his stitched up foot) and out the door. However, as he stood out in the apartment complex corridor in nothing but his sport shorts and standing on one foot, it was clear to see that Nari had already stormed down the corridor and down the stairs.

Placing his hands upon his head, Tae released a frustrated sigh. Why did he always pick the girls who end up crazy? He knew he was unlucky with love, but he didn’t expect things with Nari to go so sour so quickly. Exhaling roughly through his nostrils, Tae couldn’t help put slapping an open palmed hand against the wall. Goddammit. If only he had texted Nari last night instead of thinking about not worrying her, then none of this shit would’ve happened. Why the hell did he have to screw things up? Why was it always him that destroyed relationships?

mood: god dammit.| location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

Sung-Mi saw the shift. The movement of blame from her shoulders to her best friends. The woman had half expected Nari to start cooing and asking if he was alright. For the annoying aegyo to come out again and for everything to just blow over. That was not what happened, much to her and Tae's dismay. It seemed that both of them now learned how much of a green monster Tae's new girlfriend could be. She watched as her friend moved to stand. Her first reaction was to reach out and grab him so he stayed seated. Somehow, she was able to stop herself. Any little motion felt like it could trigger the already fuming woman across the room into a new stage of rage.

That wasn't something Sung-Mi particularly wanted to do.

The yelling was really starting to get to her. Her nerves were already shot. It was almost like she could see Eun-Sang and herself in the same spot as Nari and Tae. Except the theoretical argument she kept playing over and over again in her head was a lot heavier than one over a text message. Sung-Mi and her boyfriend didn't argue all the time. You had to speak to each other in order to argue. But whenever they did, it was never over trivial things. Sung-Mi was not the jealous type when it came to her boyfriend. Eun-Sang had eyes for one thing and one thing only. And it wasn't women, or even her. It was his education and his job.

To her this argument was idiotic. Nari was overreacting. She didn't need to constantly know where Tae was, he wasn't some child or her pet. He was a grown man who could, somewhat, take care of himself. He wasn't a cheater. He never held ill will against anyone. So to hear her yell at him for doing nothing wrong made her frustrated. She wasn't the one being screamed at either. She couldn't imagine what her best friend was feeling as he was trying to fight a battle he could never win.

She watched as Nari stormed out and Tae attempted to hobble after her. It was when the shouting all stopped that she realized the pace of her own breath. How fast it was. That her mind was rushing at a thousand miles per second. She needed to calm down. Sung-Mi tried taking deep breaths. In and out. In and out. Eyes shut, concentrated on her breathing. She couldn't go into panic right now. She needed to help her friend. The one in the hallway uselessly calling after his hot headed girlfriend. After a few more seconds past and the racing of her heart has slowed to a more steady thud and she wasn't gasping for air, she looked up.

Without another second going by, Sung-Mi grabbed the pair of crutches by the couch that her friend needed but neglected to use up until this point. She slowly poked her head out into the hall to see Tae leaned up against the wall. Her face turned to a solemn frown. She knew that feeling. The one of hopelessness after an argument. The questions about what went wrong. Wondering if things will get better. Nari didn't deserve things to get better, that was the new conclusion that she had come to. Her best friend deserved to be respected, and that scene was anything but respect.

Coming up quietly beside him, one hand went out to pull at his arm gently. "Hey," She almost whispered. After setting the crutches up against the wall, she pulled her best friend into a hug. "You didn't do anything wrong, okay?" She told him in a gentle tone. Tae needed to know that. It was something he told her often, whenever her and Eun-Sang had a fight. She just hoped he was better at believing that phrase than she was. "First fights are always rough."

location: Tae's Apartment |Mood: I would say lets get drinks but....that's bad for a lot of reasons

An Sung-Mi

Guk Tae-won

His hand began to ache from the smack against the wall. Dammit – was he going to have to go to the hospital again but this time for his damn hand? Allowing another frustrated groan to fall from his lips, Tae leant his back against the wall and ran his fingers through his hair, combing it. He allowed his hands to rest in his hair for a moment, closing his eyes as he silently counted to himself as he distracted himself from the coldness of the wall against his bare skin. He was pissed. Pissed and annoyed. With Nari? No. With himself. Because, really, he should’ve told her. He shouldn’t of kept secrets from her – especially with him going to the hospital. That was a huge secret that he should’ve told her.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, he dropped his hand and curiously gazed over to Sung-Mi. Ah, man… he felt horrible that she just had to witness all of that. He went to open his mouth to say something – anything – to his best friend but it seemed as if he couldn’t find the words. Instead, she knew exactly what he needed to feel better; physical touch. A hand on his arm, and then that hug. He wrapped his arms around her and enveloped her and the warmth that was Sung-Mi. Allowing a soft sigh of relief to slip through his lips, he listened carefully to what she had to say to him.

That he didn’t do anything wrong. And that first fights were always rough. Slowly, he pulled away from Sung-Mi, gazing down at the floor. “No… she’s right… I should’ve texted her. I mean… I was in hospital. If she was in the hospital and I didn’t text her, I’d be really mad too… And…” he wanted to continue. He wanted to reveal to Sung-Mi that this wasn’t technically their first fight. I mean, it was their first fight where she huffed and ran away. But this wasn’t the first time that Nari made a big deal out of nothing. He was just too scared to say anything against it because… well, he really liked Nari. And he didn’t want to screw things up as he had done in the past.

A groan escaped him as he brought his hands up back to his hair, combing through the bleached locks. “I always find a way to fuck up and good thing, don’t I?” he grumbled to himself, turning around to look at the stairs. Half expecting Nari to pop back up again and to say ‘surprise’ or something. But alas, there was no girlfriend. “Dropping glasses… Losing girlfriends…” he sighed before turning back to Sung-Mi “I’m starting to think I’m cursed to make stupid decisions for the rest of my life…

Reaching out for the crutches, he finally placed them under his armpits and rested into them. I mean, there was a first for everything, right? And he was finally using them like he had been instructed by his doctors. Heck, he was meant to be on total bed rest today to ensure his stitches would be okay for tomorrow. He really did know how to listen to instructions, didn’t he? “Come on…” he grumbled, using the crutches to move himself towards the door. “Let’s have some of that leftover chicken from last night

mood: lets drown our sorrow in chicken.| location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

She knew how important just a simple hug was to Tae, so when he pulled her just as close and sighed quietly, it made her feel like she had helped in some way. Sung-Mi watched him carefully as he looked down at the floor. Her frown remained. Yup, just as stubborn as she thought he would be. This was one thing that the two had in common. It was always their fault, wasn't it? Whenever anything went wrong they blamed themselves. Maybe that's what kept them this close for this long. Ready to apologize because they knew they did wrong.

But in this case he wasn't in the wrong. He could have texted Nari and worried the hell out of her before her big event, or whatever he had mentioned. That could have landed them right in another argument. She could have been hurt that he didn't text her, but her reaction was out of hand. Where was the worry? If she had heard her boyfriend had been in the emergency room she would have immediately asked if he was alright. She didn't even ask what had happened.

Sung-Mi pulled her eyebrows together to shoot her friend a stern look at his next statement. She knew about his troubles with girls, sometimes it was his fault, but a lot of the time it had nothing to do with Tae. The girls he dated tended to show their true colors and they weren't always pretty. "Hey hey hey," She soothed, "Don't talk like that. Maybe you should have texted her, but did she have to blow it out of proportion like that? She didn't even seem to care that you were hurt. That's not okay." She gave him a small smile. "Not all your decisions are stupid. You chose to come to the roof that day when we were kids, and now you have me! I'm literally the bestest friend anyone could ever ask for," Sung-Mi blinked up at him innocently at her attempted humor.

At the mention of chicken, the woman nodded her head happily. Leftover chicken sounded great. Pulling both hands up on her face, she squished her cheeks as she smiled as wide as possible, eyes closing in glee. "YAY! Chicken!!" Her voice was high and excited. She may hate aegyo herself, but honestly she just wanted to see Tae smile. She could usually get a giggle out of him when she pulled the 'I'm a cutie' card. "See, I even do aegyo for you when it makes me want to die inside. How great am I?" At that, she moved to open the door to his apartment with a quick few taps onto the keypad to let him in. She may of had to witness an argument between her best friend and his girlfriend, but she could tell that spending the afternoon "drowning their sorrows in chicken" would be better than sitting at home in a constant worry about the evening to come.

location: Tae's Apartment |Mood: She doesn't deserve to make you upset.

An Sung-Mi

Guk Tae-won

I seriously can’t believe you would do this to me Tae. You know how I feel about cheating especially after finding out my last boyfriend was MARRIED. I would’ve thought that you out of all people would’ve understood considering you’ve been cheated on in the past too. I trusted you so much and what do you do in return? You don’t answer my messages or my calls, and I come over to find you in nothing but sport shorts, sitting on the couch with some other GIRL.

Nari, I swear. I'd never cheat on you

You know what – I just think it’s funny how you always say you would never ever EVER sleep with her and yet she’s always there. You’re always texting her or talking about her or trying to figure out how to spend time with her. You’re dating ME not HER. And it feels like you put in more effort to see and talk about HER. Honestly, it makes me doubt that you even love me and if this relationship is worth keeping. You haven’t even spoken to me or my parents about what your plans are for marriage and a family.

The relationship you have with her is just weird. I have never in my life been that close to any guy before. Put yourself in my position. How would you feel if I had a close guy friend that I texted and talked and hung out with all the time? You’d be pissed, wouldn’t you? You’d want me to stop talking to them. How would you feel if you saw me walking side by side with him or holding his hands? Now you know how I feel. I don’t want her to be around anymore. I don’t care if she’s pregnant. She has her own boyfriend. Why doesn’t he look after her? Why do you always have to be to the one to come to her aid? It’s weird.

Can we please catch up to talk?

I don't want to see you.

Come on please. Let's be mature adults and talk it out face to face.

Tae released a frustrated sigh, chucking his phone beside him on the couch. It had been nice and peaceful when his phone had been dead. But after finally charging it while they ate their chicken, it all the sudden began to go off like crazy. The culprit? Well, of course, it was his darling girlfriend who was blowing up his phone. At first, it was all the old notifications she had sent last night and this morning as she was in a panic to figure out where he was. Once he had been through all those messages, he had then left his phone alone. Only for it to begin to go crazy once again. This time, it was Nari in real-time.

Reading those messages, he could see Nari right now. She was probably pacing around in her bedroom, typing up the message and then throwing her phone onto her bed – and then picking up her phone again to send yet another message before throwing it back onto the bed. And over, and over, and over again. Tae had witnessed Nari in a texting feud frenzy before and it wouldn’t surprise him if he was bang on correct. I mean, he had even told her in the past that she was overreacting (which then lead to her crying and him to freak out because she was crying so much). So, when Sung-Mi told him that Nari had blown things out of proportion, all he could think was Nari sobbing.

His dark eyes gazed aimlessly at the television. Music Bank was on with various new bands and songs. But it was nothing but white noise to him. All he could think about was Nari. Was she safe? Did she make it home okay? What if she dumped him over this? Why did he always screw things up? His eyes drifted from the screen to the plate of chicken that was in his lap. Even drowning his sorrow in chicken wasn’t helping and chicken always helped. He had barely touched the food. His stomach was flying around in waves, making him feel seasick. Ugh…

Ding!

His phone chimed again.

Slowly, he looked at his phone that laid on the couch. His heart began to quicken its beat. Should he look at it? Something in the pit of his stomach told him not to. To give Nari time to cool off. But he just couldn’t help himself. He reached over and looked at the screen to see that it was, in fact, Nari who had texted him. He opened up the screen and he actually completely and utterly regretted that decision. Before him was one of Nari’s classic essay text message. Slipping everything and anything that Tae had ever done wrong in their short-lived relationship.

He felt like he had been punched in the nose. Why the hell was this making him so sad? They had only known each other for two months?! So… why was it hurting to much? Tae inhaled deeply through his nose, accidentally letting out a sniffle in the process. He didn’t want Sung-Mi to know that he was sad. But at the same time, he didn’t know what to do. And then also, at the same time, he didn’t know what to say back to Nari or how to even describe the situation to his best friend. So, instead, he extended his arm and handed his phone to Sung-Mi, waiting for her to take it into her own hands. She could see for herself what he was dealing with right now. And in all honesty, he didn’t know how to fix it.

So what you’re saying is that I’m not mature?! The boy who spent a quarter of his paychecks on gaming consoles and games?! The boy who doesn’t even bother to talk with his girlfriend’s parents about his future plan?! Screw you Tae-Won! I can’t believe what a selfish, immature dickhead you are. I thought you were different but I was wrong. I trusted you so much. I gave so much of myself to you. You know my past and you know how hard it is for me to emotionally and physically open up to anyone. I let you in and you fucked up. You fucked up big time. No wonder you haven’t been able to get a proper long-term relationship. You fuck everything up. I don’t want to talk to you anymore. I’m blocking your number until you finally come to your senses over how much of an asshole you’ve been.

mood: I really did screw up, didn't i? | location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

Sung-Mi wasn't blind or dumb. She noticed all the little things going on with the boy who sat next to her. She had known Tae longer than anyone else. The fact he left his chicken in his lap and was staring down at his phone with that look on his face. She knew that Nari was texting him. That and the buzzing sounds. She was trying not to seem like a helicopter friend, the ones that read messages over their friend's shoulders. So for now she was half focused on the performance on the screen.

Eating chicken quietly to herself, Sung-Mi wanted to know so badly what she was saying. It hurt her heart to see Tae like this. He was such a passionate person who gave his all to every girl he was ever in a relationship with. She was sure that his current girlfriend was no different. She was surprised that he hadn't lost that hopeless romantic inside of him. If it was her, she would have definitely been more guarded. Well, she was already more guarded, but that was unrelated to her love life.

Her attention was pulled to the noise of Tae's phone buzzing once again. She paused while chewing for a moment. Sung-Mi gave her friend a quick side glance, but she really wished she hadn't. How much sadder could he get? She wasn't sure. Just about to return to her chicken, she noticed Tae offering his phone over to her. She turned to look at him, then at the phone, before setting down the piece of chicken in her hands and licking her fingers quickly. She wiped one hand on the pair of sweatpants she was wearing and took the phone from her friend.

As soon as she looked down at the phone screen, she knew this woman was crazy. There was basically a whole essay here. Her frown got more intense as she read what his girlfriend had wrote. That frown was beginning to turn to a scowl. 'This bitch,' Sung-Mi's internal monologue was furious. How could she treat someone that she loved like this? And obviously she had never played Mario Party if she was insulting Tae for liking games. That game was dope. There was a second feeling rising within her, however. Sung-Mi was becoming more and more worried. Nari was basically telling Tae that she didn't want him spending time with her. At all. Would he choose Nari over her? Would he leave her all alone? She'd never dream of that happening, but she couldn't help herself from traveling down that path. It was terrifying.

Also, they barely knew each other and she was talking about marriage. That so wasn't normal. Sung-Mi was seeing so many red flags and alerts right now. Ones that told her that her friendship, as well as her best friend's well being, was at stake. How dare Nari treat the person Sung-Mi loved the most like this? She wanted her gone. But something told her that would be harder to do than she thought. And her friend really liked her. Dang, no sabotage today.

Sung-Mi decided to take things into her own hands for a moment. She couldn't text her, she didn't have the guts to do that. Confrontation was the scariest thing in the world, well not really, but it was very scary. So, she put her friend's phone on mute and stuck it in the pocket of the sweatshirt she was wearing. "You aren't replying to her. Just give her a bit of time to cool off," She told him. They were at a stand still right now, and the only thing trying to talk to her would do was hurt her friend more. "You aren't an asshole either. She's blowing this way out of proportion. You don't deserve to be disrespected like this. She's saying things just to make you upset and that's something girlfriends shouldn't do," She added. Might as well be somewhat honest. She held back a few choice words she would like to say about her. Sung-Mi was quiet for a moment, trying to decide which of the million questions would be best to asking in this situation. She finally decided on one, "Does she talk to you like this often?"

location: Tae's Apartment |Mood: Oh no she didn't. I will end her.

An Sung-Mi

Guk Tae-won

As Sung-Mi took the phone from his hands, he felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders. However, even though the world had been risen off his body, he still felt the pangs in the pits of his stomach. The dull, aching feeling that resinated deep in his organs. Even after all the horrible things Nari had texted to him, he was still worried as hell for her wellbeing. Still wondering if she made it home safely, and if she had eaten any food today. Why the hell was he like this? This girl was basically saying he was trash and he was begging for her love and affection like some love-sick puppy.

Resting his elbow upon the armrest, Tae planted his hand upon the top of his head and allowed his fingers to comb through the bleached locks as he watched the television screen. He really didn’t understand how he was going to be able to come back from this. Sure, there had been times in their short-lived relationship where Nari would get offended by something he had done or said. But often that would lead her to rant to him and educate him on what he had done wrong. But never had she called him an asshole or told him that he had fucked up. Never had she texted her classic revenge essays that he knew she was so good at conquering up having watched her from afar as she would lay it into some girl that got on her bad side.

You aren’t replying to her-

Wait – what?

Tae’s eyes snapped away from the performance, looking over at his friends with wide, panicked eyes. He spotted her placing his phone into her pocket and in that moment, he thought he was going to be sick. He could feel that anxiety that was harbouring in his stomach trying to rise up and force it’s way up to his throat and past his lips. Surely Sung-Mi was joking, right? She was going to hand him his phone and let him text her back because… well… It was Nari. And him not responding was going to make her twice as crazy. Right?

Well, according to Sung-Mi, Nari just needed some time to cool off. I mean, Sung-Mi was a girl. She knew things about girls that he didn’t know. Surely she would know how to respond a girl on a rampage like that… right? A frown formed upon his face as he tried to think of all the possible outcomes that could happen because of this. As quickly as his brows furrowed, they softened as he heard his best friend beginning to tell him that what Nari was saying wasn’t true; that he wasn’t an asshole and that he was being disrespected by her.

Sure, Sung-Mi knew everything about him. She had been his best friend from a very young age. But she had never been his girlfriend. She had never experienced what it was like to actually date him. What if friendship Tae was completely different from boyfriend Tae – and he didn’t even know it? Oh, man… this was making his head sore. Dropping his hand from his hair, Tae released a soft sigh before hearing Sung-Mi’s question.

Had Nari done this before? Had she talked to him this way often? Well… in all honesty… “No…” he simply responded, shaking his head slightly “I mean… not to me. I’ve seen her talk this way to other people who she might be having beef with… I mean like… you know I say stupid things sometimes or just… do stupid stuff. She’s picked me up on it a couple of times but… she’s never called me an asshole before…” Tae brought his gaze away from his friend to look at his chicken. He felt like the taste of the chicken had been poisoned by his girlfriend’s words. “I dunno… She sort of has a point though like… She’s accidentally been in a cheating relationship and like… she was really hurt by it. And she opened up to me emotionally about it and like… I really should think things through more before I go ahead with my actions.

mood: loool i screwed up | location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

As soon as she heard him talk, Sung-Mi felt her heart drop. She immediately felt....threatened by Tae saying he should think about things before he did them. He realized what he was talking about, right? The thing that Nari and him were fighting over was her. His girlfriend believed he was cheating on her with Sung-Mi. If things were going to change in Nari's viewpoint, it would have to be between them. There was no way that could happen.

She could feel her anxiety rising as she thought about it. She could see it all playing in her head. Sung-Mi could see her self completely alone. Eun-Sang would leave her because he wasn't sure about being a father. Her mother would tell her off and disown her for being a single mother. And Tae. Her support over all these years. The only person she had relied on, would choose his girlfriend over her every single time she needed him. She would be left utterly alone trying to raise a child she wasn't in any way, shape, or form prepared for. And oh god that vision terrified her. There was no way she could survive without him.

Sung-Mi didn't want to believe that he would chose his girlfriend of a few weeks over his friendship with her for almost their whole lives. Her mind, however, wanted to taunt her over and over with that possibility. There was nothing worse to her than feeling like her sense of stability was crumbling. That was exactly how she was feeling in that moment. All she knew was that Nari was the cause of those feelings. She couldn't let her poison her friend's thinking with her toxic belief that he was destined to cheat on her if he remained friends with Sung-Mi.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she tried to formulate some sort of sentence other that "break up with her, she's no good for you." Because that was all she really wanted to say. It was mean, selfish, and Tae probably wouldn't take that well at all either. Ok Sung-Mi just be a good friend and give him advice. "Bad experiences can affect us all. But you really haven't given her any reason to distrust you, even if you have said or done dumb stuff. Everyone says dumb stuff, especially you. That's part of your charm. Don't let her change the things that make you, you and that you love and enjoy. Compromises are good, but full on giving up something you love on a baseless assumptions isn't," She finally explained, trying to remain as neutral as possible. Should she be the one telling him this? Probably not. Sung-Mi wasn't one to stand up for herself in her own relationship. She compromised her own feelings and ideas all the time. But she didn't care that she should take her own advice. She just couldn't let him be torn away from her.

Part of her wanted to get his assurance. Sung-Mi had to hold herself back from asking one more question, even if it burned her up inside. "You won't ever leave me, right?"

location: Tae's Apartment |Mood: She can't take you away from me.

An Sung-Mi

Guk Tae-won

A soft smile formed on his face as he gazed at his best friend. Did she really think he would leave? “Never, boogerbreath” he said, his grin shining upon his face as he hooked an arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a side hug. “I’m like herpes. You’re stuck with me for forever, and there’s nothing you can do about it. Some might see it as a curse but, realistically, it’s a blessing.

He was going to continue on his metaphor, anticipating on telling his best friend how he would be like the scum between her toes that would just keep growing back. However, someone caught his attention. An odd… sound. He froze, his eyes narrowing for a moment as he tried to listen carefully to the sound… Wait. Wait! “Is that my house phone ringing?” he asked out loud. Not only was he asking Sung-Mi about the phone, but also himself. He couldn’t remember the last time someone had called his damn house phone. Maybe it was his Umma when his phone was flat a couple of months back? But no one ever called his house phone.

Hold on…” he said under his breath to Sung-Mi, unlatching his arm from around her shoulder and reaching over for his crutches. Once up on his feet, with the aid of the crutches, he made his way over to the base of where the house phone sat. A frown formed on his face as he looked down at the number on the screen. Okay… he didn’t know that number at all. He cautiously took hold of the phone, pressed the answer button and brought it up to his ear. “Hello, Guk Tae-Won speaking.” he answered.

Are you being serious?

He paused. The voice sounded familiar but… not at the same time? “I’m sorry… Uh… do you have the wrong number?

You don’t even know your own girlfriend’s voice?!

Tae’s eyes widened. His blood went cold. He had stuffed up. Oh boy, there it was. She was going to dump him for sure. Wait – when the hell did she get his house number? He was pretty sure the only people who knew it were his parents, his manager and Sung-Mi. His mouth hung open, unsure of what to say to all of this.

Why won’t you respond to my messages?” she snapped down the line before changing the subject before he could even respond “I can’t believe you don’t know your own girlfriend’s number too! I know both your mobile and house numbers by heart, and you don’t even bother with my mobile?!

Okay. He couldn’t talk to her over the phone with Sung-Mi within earshot. But he also knew that if he hung up on Nari, it would only get worse. “Jagi… Just… wait a moment,” he said to his girlfriend, covering the mouthpiece with his hand and looking over at Sung-Mi. “I’m just… going to the bedroom for this.” He said slowly, raising the phone in his hand to indicate that he was talking about bringing the call into the bedroom. “It’s… Nari… She wants to know why I’m not answering her text messages on my phone…

mood: ah yes. i love batshit crazy gfs | location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

“Never, boogerbreath” His answer had been swift, without a second thought. With the addition of the forever endearing nickname she had, Sung-Mi was initially relieved. Hearing Tae say that he would never leave her felt...better? His next explanation, how he was like herpes, made her huff in amusement. Oh, he was so stupid. Some days she wondered what went on inside his head. It must have been incredibly amusing. Then there were days where she didn't want to know anything. "Since when is herpes a good thing?" She asked in amusement.

Even with his stupid analogy, there was still this feeling of anxiety within her. How could he say never? Things happened. Even if the past 24ish hours had been better, things still weren't great. What if when she left here today, their relationship would go back to being awkward? Or what if Nari said something that would trick him into pushing her aside? Sung-Mi wanted to believe him, she really did, but she just couldn't get the unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach to go away.

It was just then when a sound interrupted their conversation. Sung-Mi looked at Tae in just as much confusion as he looked at her with. In all the time she had spent with him, she had only heard that noise a handful of times. Not even a handful. His question posed seemed to mirror the same thought she had, who the hell would be calling his home phone? She watched him as he moved over to the phone. Was everything ok? If someone was calling the house phone, something could be very wrong. Did something happen to his parents?

When Sung-Mi saw the look on his face when he found out who it was, she immediately assumed she was right, that something was very wrong. His skin pales, eyes widened. Another emergency was not what they needed right now. Her nerves were shot already. Then she heard it. Jagi. Her anxiety turned to shock, and then to frustration. She had literally left not even an hour ago. What was wrong with her? Her obsessive nature was not only getting on Sung-Mi's nerves but it was incredibly concerning for her. Nothing about this situation felt right. This was not the way a normal girlfriend should act.

Tae turned to her, covering the mouthpiece to explain to her the situation, and tell her he was moving to his bedroom. Nari's concern? The reason she urgently called his home phone? Because he wasn't answering her messages. What gave her the right for her to demand he talk to her constantly, especially when she was doing nothing but hurling insults at him. Sung-Mi pulled her friend's phone out of her pocket. She saw the numerous notifications that he had on the screen. All of them more angry rambling from his supposedly loving girlfriend. That was it. This woman was crazy. Tae had dated some interesting girls before, but Nari took the cake for being an actual psycho.

Even if it was bad, she hoped that the lunatic would break up with him. He didn't deserve someone like this. Her best friend deserved so much better. Still, Sung-Mi being...well...Sung-Mi, she handed his phone over to him and gave him a reassuring smile. Trying to eliminate the nervousness in her face. "Just tell her you thought she needed time and apologize. You've got this," She told him, internally cursing herself for being the people pleaser that she was. She knew that Tae didn't want to hear her say that he should end it with her, that would only drive them apart wouldn't it? So instead she told him what Tae probably wanted to hear. A terrible decision really.

location: Tae's Apartment |Mood: This woman is actually crazy.
tags: weldherwings weldherwings | outfit

An Sung-Mi

Guk Tae-won

Oh, God. He was freaking nervous.

And he had full right to be. Nari wasn’t acting like herself at all. As Sung-Mi handed over his phone, he quickly caught just how many damn messages his girlfriend had sent him in that small space of time. Damn. He really was in trouble, wasn’t he? Hearing his best friend’s voice, he slowly looked up with raised brows and listened carefully to her advice. He nodded to the sentence, trying to even pump himself up for this all. Well, it was the truth. He thought she did need time. After all, she told him that she didn’t want to talk to him. So… that meant to give her space, right? Man, girls were so confusing.

He mouthed a ‘thank you’ to his friend before bringing the house phone to his ear once more. “Jagi… I’ll call you on my mobile. Wait a moment.” he told his girlfriend before hanging up the phone. He turned to Sung-Mi, releasing the breath he had been holding. “Wish me luck” he said in a deflated tone, offering his friend a half-smile before making his way towards his bedroom. Even before he could hobble to the bedroom door, his mobile phone was ringing in his hands. To which he answered with a ‘I’m here, Jagi’.

Tae thought it was going to be a simple ten-minute conversation or something. Oh, no. Ten minutes would’ve been amazing. Nari had other plans on her mind. She decided she wanted to talk for close to two hours. In those two hours, she called him out on all the things he did wrong as a boyfriend and if he wanted to be with her, then he was going to have to change. Like, she didn’t like it how he played so many video games. So, she told him that he would have to sell his console games. She also told him that she didn’t like it when he wore a certain brand of cologne (one which Sung-Mi had bought for him a couple of years back, and he continued to buy because he loved it so much), and told him that he needed to wear the brand that she would buy him.

Half an hour into the conversation (we shall call it a conversation, even though we all know it was Nari doing all the talking), Sung-Mi had popped her head in to apologise and tell him that she needed to head off. He silently waved to her, telling her through hand movements that it was all good and he would call her later. And then went back to Nari continuing to name all the different things that needed to change.

Now, Tae was a hopeless romantic. He had been in too many relationships to count. Each and every single one of them ended up with them breaking up with him, but never really telling him what he had done wrong. So, as Nari listed all these things, he started to think that maybe these were the same reasons all those girls broke up with him. Was it so wrong of him that he wanted to find the love of his life, get married and have children and a future with them? And so… maybe Nari was right. Maybe it was time for him to change.

After the almost two-hour phone call, Nari told him to meet him at a shopping centre nearby so they could pick him up some new things. He agreed before hanging up and lying back down on the bed. Oh, man. Sung-Mi. He was meant to be like… her wingman tonight. With a sour puss face, Tae picked up his phone once more and typed out a message to his friend explaining the situation. With a long, exaggerated and frustrated sigh, he pressed the send button before lying his arms flat onto the bed. What a freaking day it had been.

Hey. Nari wants to catch up to talk. I'm sorry, I won't be able to help you out tonight. I'm a phone call away. Fighting!

mood: girls are complicated | location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

An Sung-Mi

Sung-Mi had thoroughly intended to be a wonderful friend and wait for Tae to be done with his phone call. She watched him disappear into his bedroom and shut the door fully expecting to see him come out 15 minutes later at the very longest. She sat back down on the couch, getting comfortable with food digesting...somewhat peacefully in her stomach. It was unclear to her if the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach was due to pregnancy or to nerves. As time ticked on, it was getting closer and closer to telling Eun-sang the truth.

Tae's whole insane girlfriend situation wasn't helping either. She was just one person, well...two now. She didn't have the brain power or the ability to worry about everyone else's problems when she had others much larger herself. Attempting to keep her mind occupied while the phone conversation continued, she scrolled through Instagram and twitter. She started looking at pinterest once again at baby things. That had always put a smile on her face this past week, but even tiny baby shoes and adorable onesies were not helping.

It had been 30 minutes. Thirty! Tae showed no signs of returning to the living area any time soon. Sung-Mi had a few things to finish up with work before going out tonight, and she wouldn't have the time to do it later. So, even if she hated to do it, she poked her head into her friend's bedroom and told him she was leaving. She'd see him later, so it wasn't like it'd be long.

----​

Sung-Mi was wrong. She wouldn't be seeing Tae later. She was going to do this on her own. Though it shouldn't have scared her as much as it did, it terrified her. She had gotten home and done a few edits on her latest batch of line art by the time she had gotten his text message. It would be a lie to say that it didn't hurt to read that text. He supposedly knew how anxious she was to do this. He knew how important this was. He knew how much she needed him. But he picked Nari instead. It felt incredibly selfish to expect him to be there for her whenever she asked. In the past that was the case. It just seemed that now things were different. Sung-Mi hated how much it upset her.

Hey. Nari wants to catch up to talk. I'm sorry, I won't be able to help you out tonight. I'm a phone call away. Fighting!

ok~ I hope it goes well

Now there wasn't any way that she could finish her work. Her mind was going haywire at the moment. All the what if questions swirling around in a nerve fraying storm. Could she even do this? She had gone over in her mind what she was going to say. It wasn't much. There was no way to sugar coat what she was about to tell her boyfriend. There was also no way for her to tell how he was going to react. That would make things so much easier.

----​

The restaurant was nice. Not like 5 star $100 plates but it wasn't like kim's barbecue or a burger place. Mid expense, with a nice atmosphere as gentle acoustic music played over head. The soft tunes did absolutely nothing to ease her nerves. Sung-Mi was thoroughly convinced that nothing could at this point. It didn't help that she stopped taking her meds as soon as she found out about the baby.

Eun-Sang looked nice, hair done in a side part with a button down shirt and a pair of dress pants. The couple didn't go out together often, but they tried to make it nice when they did. By they, I mean Sung-Mi, who had called to make reservations and set everything all up. It had been awhile since her boyfriend had planned a date. When they first got together he had been sweep you off your feet romantic. Now he was just too busy. Prepping for his upcoming internship and studying for the bar had left him exhausted. She didn't want to add to his stress, yet here she was about to drop the baby bomb on him.

But not here. "You look nice. Is that new?" A sudden voice pulled her from her scattered thoughts. Wide eyes paired with a gentle hum brought Sung-Mi's attention to her boyfriend. They had just finished ordering. Even talking to the waiter was proving difficult. Her boyfriend stared back at her expectantly. Oh God just looking at his face made her feel sick.

"Oh, thank you," Her voice was shaky. Sung-Mi nervously tucked her hair behind her ear. The dress she was wearing wasn't new. She had bought it a month or two prior. It was new to Eun-Sang. He had never seen it on her even if she wore it to work for presentations with a blazer a few times. That's how little they saw of each other. "Yeah, it's new," She added with a nod and a smile. There wasn't any use in telling him that he hadn't been paying enough attention to notice. Clammy hands fiddled with the end of the fabric at her knees. She couldn't stop fidgeting.

Eun-Sang was looking at the small menu left on the table. "How about wine? We could get a bottle. I know you like white, but I'm really in the mood for a nice zin right now." She swallowed hard. Sung-Mi felt her stomach drop. She couldn't drink, but wouldn't telling him that make him suspicious? Telling him in the middle of the restaurant while people quietly dined around them was a nightmare. They should have just stayed in. She never should have agreed to go out.

"Um, I think I'll pass..." She spoke slowly, "I'm still not, you know, feeling great. I don't think alcohol will go over very well." Sung-Mi watched him closely, trying very hard to keep her own face and tone neutral. She didn't want to tip him off. Eun-Sang met her gaze for a moment. She could see his face screw up into confusion, followed by him pressing her for answers, and then causing a terrible scene in front of everyone. Her heart sped up along with the pace of her breath waiting for his reaction.

A small nod of understanding was the first good sign. "Right right. More for me then," He said with a laugh. Sung-Mi attempted a smile, nervously chuckling along with him. Perfect reaction, even if he didn't acknowledge her feeling unwell or asking if she was really alright. For the moment she was glad for Eun-Sang's calloused nature.

----​

The rest of the night had gone as she had expected. Eun-Sang droning on about some case that he had learned about, or ranted about another student that didn't pull their weight. Like always, she smiled and nodded her head. Feigning understanding because not a single word of his entered into her mind. Sung-Mi was too busy dreading the end of their date. Which was finally here as they walked back to her apartment which was down the street. They walked in silence. She couldn't bear to hold a conversation since she was afraid that as soon as she opened her mouth, she would just vomit everywhere. Not the word kind, but the nice soup and salad that she just ate coming back up kind. The kind she was way too familiar with this past week.

Her boyfriend had agreed to come up with her for a little bit. Sung-Mi stepped into her apartment and turned to face Eun-Sang. Before he could get any bright ideas, she spoke up, "Can we talk?" Her hands fiddling with the sleeves of her dress as he closed the door behind him and looked her in the eyes. Very obvious confusion washed over him for a moment. That expression slowly turned from confused to annoyed.

"Sung-Mi, if this is about moving in together again, I-"

Her eyes widened as she shook her head. "No no, I understand, it's um, something else," She interrupted him, reminding her once again about how he wasn't ready for a step like moving in together. This further pushed her into the verge of panic. Because this was way more commitment than just renting an apartment together. This was a baby. A whole human to raise. "Why don't we sit." She could tell he knew something was up, the wary look on his face told her everything she needed to know. Asking someone to sit down was never a good sign. That normally didn't illicit good news. Not that a baby was bad news.

Well, to her it wasn't. The same wasn't true for Eun-Sang.

He watched her with anticipation, a look of preparation on his face. Sung-Mi was unsure if any amount of preparation could make him ready to hear what she had to say. No amount of preparation could make her ready to share it. But she had to. There wasn't any way around it. If she waited any longer, she'd probably never say it at this point. "I...I got some news, about...me...well...us I guess...um," Damn this was terrifying, she could hardly get words out. Sung-Mi couldn't even look him in the eyes, but she finally met his gaze as she swallowed hard. She willed herself forward. She was calling upon every ounce of courage she had in her body to get these words out of her mouth. "Eun-Sang...I found out that I'm...I'm pregnant."

And there it was, out in the open. Eun-Sang's eyebrows furrowed as his face turned back to annoyed. "Sung-Mi, if this is a joke, it isn't funny," He scoffed. He thought that she'd joke about this sort of thing? That this was some elaborate plan to prank him? She didn't have words. She just stared at him in response. Her silence was enough to tell him that she was, in fact, serious. As that realization dawned on him, he lent back in his chair and looked up at the ceiling. His hand went to rub his eyes. An aggravated sigh left his body, just before he spoke, "Fuck!"

Already she knew that this wasn't going to go well. The look on his face said it all. He wasn't happy. Not in the slightest. "I fucking told you that you shouldn't have come off birth control. This is exactly what I knew would happen." So now it was her fault. Never mind the fact her doctor recommended that she stop taking for her health. Sung-Mi felt her eyes sting as they filled with tears. Her nightmare was coming to fruition. Eun-Sang stood up and started pacing in front of her. "Well, what are you going to do about it?" His voice was intense as he started down at her.

What are you going to do about it? As in, just her? Like this wasn't partly his doing at all. Her boyfriend was talking about their baby like it was a problem. "What are you-" She started, not before he cut her off.

"You aren't seriously thinking of keeping it are you?" Oh that tone. It killed her. So accusatory, so aggravated. Silently she shook her head. Yes. She was keeping it. His jaw clenched in frustration. "Dammit Sung-Mi!" She flinched as he raised his voice. This was worse. She didn't know how, but this was worse than she could have predicted. She hated every single second of this conversation. Tears started making their way down her cheeks. She didn't know how much more she could take.

Eun-Sang ran an angry hand through his hair. The air was tense. The silence that fell between them was unbearably heavy. They just sat there for a moment. She didn't know what to do. She had no clue what to say. Until finally he broke it, but it wasn't what she wanted to hear. "You know what, I need some time. I can't do this right now." He couldn't leave. Not right now. What if he walked right out the door and never came back? Sung-Mi's eyes widened as she looked up at him as he started making his way towards the door.

"Eun-Sang, please don't leave, please," She pleaded, her voice incredibly desperate.

"Don't do this, don't make me stay. I'll say something I'll really regret," Her boyfriend warned, staring her down as he stood in the doorway. There was a pause before he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Just like that she was alone. Utterly. Completely. Alone. It was horrifying. She replayed the scene back in her mind until it started to jumble into a mess of incoherent thoughts. Her breath came fast, rapid and hiccupy. She was basically gasping for air at this point. Sung-Mi felt like she couldn't breath. Her heart raced at a million miles a hour. It felt like it could break right out of her chest. All she could see was doing this on her own. How could she raise a child by herself? She pretended 95% of the time that she was brave. There was no possible way.

The woman grabbed onto the side of the couch as she crouched down on the floor. Her tears were almost hysterical. It had been a while since she had a panic attack. She had almost forgotten how painful they were. It felt like the world was closing in on her. Her sides burned. She was surprised she hadn't thrown up yet. In a moment of desperation, she realized that she needed to call someone. Not just anyone. But her best friend. Sung-Mi fumbled with her phone in her hands as she called him in panic. Tae-Won. She didn't care if he was with his girlfriend. She needed him.

Pulling her phone up to her ear, it felt like forever for the tone to even begin ringing. "Pick up...pickup..pickuppickup" She chanted as she waited. Even if he did, all he'd hear were garbled words and frantic crying. There was no way that she could form a normal sentence as her mind continued to spiral into anxious choas. How was she going to fix this? She had absolutely no clue. And that uncertainty might just kill her.

coded by hanthesunbeam

Guk Tae-won

The sound of Sung-Mi’s allocated ringtone rang through out the apartment. At first, Tae almost didn’t hear it. The boy was far more preoccupied with… someone else. That someone else happened to be his girlfriend whom he had caught up with a couple of hours prior to discuss about their relationship. Well, as you could probably tell from their intimate embracing and their little naked dance underneath his blanket, the discussion had gone quite well.

They met up at their favourite coffee shop; Nari sobbed and told him that she was afraid that she would lose him. That he was the best thing that had happened to her in a very long time and she was petrified that she wouldn’t be able to go on without him. Jesus, way to make it look like he was dumping her in the middle of the shop. He held onto her tightly and insisted that he wasn’t going to leave her. That he was sticking around even if she liked it or not. And then she said something so wild;

If you mean that, then lets move in together

The statement had taught him by complete surprise. Were they moving too quickly? He wanted to ask her that, but at the same time… he didn’t want her to think that he was just saying that he was going to stick around. She wanted to see some proof that he was willing to fight for her and willing to stick around with her. I suppose agreeing to be by her side, and moving into his apartment together, would be a sure sign that he was being completely serious about being together. It took him a hot few second to process what she had said to him, and he was almost about to take a couple more seconds – but Nari looked like he had just kicked a stray puppy with that look on her face. The sheer horror that he didn’t say yes straight away.

So, he rambled on a million different ways to say yes, of course to her. Anything to keep her in his life, and anything to make her stop crying. Because, well, she really was bringing in an audience with her tears. Did he think it through clearly? Of course not. He didn’t have the damn time to. But this is what couples did, right? They start dating, and then when they thought that they were a perfect pair and should be together for a very long time, they move in with each other. Right?

Well, of course, he was getting rewarded for saying exactly what she wanted to hear. After the coffee shop, they went out to dinner before heading back to his – ah, well, their – apartment, and celebrated their new advancement in their relationship by having someone on one intimate time together. In fact, he had really only started to get it going as the phone started ringing. At that moment in time, he thought that he should just leave it. And he almost did. Until he recognised the sound of the ring tone – it was Sung-Mi’s ring tone. After all, he told her that if anything went wrong that he would be a phone call away.

Now, he had two options – we could just finish off as quick as he could. Two or three more thrusts and he would’ve been done. And Nari would’ve screamed at him for it because she didn’t get her happy ending. Or, he could get up and move for the phone now without any of them finishing. Okay, well, that seemed like a better option. At least he wouldn’t get into any trouble. He quickly scrambled to his feet, hearing Nari complain to him to just leave the phone to go to voice message.

It’s uh… It’s my Umma” he lied to Nari as he quickly moved towards his phone that was located in the living room. The sounds of his bare feet hitting against the timber flooring grew as he practically ended up running to the phone, taking hold of it and seeing it was, in fact, his dear friend. He unlocked the phone, bringing it to his ear and panting like a mad man. “Ah, yes, Umma. I love you! How are you?” he said loud enough into the phone so Nari could hear him from the bedroom.

mood: these girls will be the death of me | location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

An Sung-Mi

Why did each ring of the phone feel like eternity? Every boring tone that came across the speakers felt like it would never end. Seconds felt like hours. Minutes felt like years. As it continued the fear in Sung-Mi only escalated. What if Tae didn't pick up? Would he leave her too? She couldn't bear to stomach that reality. Wasn't it irrational to think like that? The phone had barely started to ring and here she was, becoming even more stressed over the fact he didn't pick up immediately. Though within her terrified mind, everything was warped.

And finally, she heard a voice on the other end of the line. If she had her senses at all she would have recognized that she had just been called Umma by her best friend. If she was able to process any information she would have picked up on Tae's heavy breathing. In her current state of panic, however, none of that was picked up. All these random, odd nuances of the start of this conversation flew right over Sung-Mi's head. She did know one thing. She was damn glad to hear his voice.

"I don't know-" She sobbed into the microphone, the sound of a gasping breath stopping her sentence half-way. "He..." Another forced shaky breath, "I can't..." She felt lightheaded. This really couldn't have been good for her baby at all. Sung-Mi couldn't help it. Her mind had continued to spiral, making her panic even worse. If Eun-Sang left her she would have to raise a child on her own. Her job wasn't enough to support a baby. It could barely support her student loans. Would she even have a job if she was a single mother? How could she split her time between a baby and a job?

Should she try to explain what was happening? She could try. How could she if she was barely even able to get 6 words out of her mouth already. "Left...he-he left." She knew she needed to calm down, take deep breaths, do what her councilor had told her to do when she felt like this. But that voice telling her to relax wasn't even heard. It was like a whisper among the anxious screaming that was filling her mind.

coded by hanthesunbeam

Guk Tae-won

Something was wrong.

He had already known that something was wrong from the moment he had heard the phone ringing. After all, he had told her to call if there were any problems. But from the way her breathing was staggered and the silence on the other end of the phone, he could tell that she was having a hard time trying to talk. He had been friends with her long enough to know when she was upset or about to cry. A frown formed upon his face as he waited to hear her speak.

Finally, she spoke. And he felt like his heart was ripping into two. He wanted to cry hearing her voice as she sobbed and gasped for breath. Slowly, his bare naked form sat on the couch, resting his elbows onto his knees and leaning forward as he waited in anticipation to hear her explanation. He wanted her to take her time, to breathe and to try and relax. But at the same time, he wanted her to tell him everything that happened. Tell him all the things that the dickhead of a boyfriend had done so he could try and make her feel better.

Finally, they fell out of her mouth. “Left… he-he left.”. And boy, did the rage begin to build inside of Tae. How dare someone just leave their girlfriend after impregnating them?! Did this dickhead have no soul?! Tae grinded down his teeth, holding back with all his energy not to cuss and make a scene about it all. It wasn’t what Sung-Mi needed right now. And plus, Nari had decided to make her way into the room, with her body wrapped in his bedsheet.

Okay… Don’t worry. I’ll be there soon.” he said slowly and calmly to Sung-Mi before hanging up on the phone.

You can’t be serious?” Nari gasped, her mouth wide and her face in sheer horror “It’s the middle of the night!

Tae slowly stood from the couch, gazing over at his girlfriend. “It’s my Umma,” he lied so casually to her “Appa isn’t feeling well.” And so began a thousand questions. Nari began to follow Tae around the house as he searched for clothes, asking all these different questions about what’s wrong with him? Why can’t she look after him? It’s the middle of the night – just call for a doctor! With each passing question, it was getting harder to lie to his girlfriend. Not to mention he felt absolutely horrible that he was having to cover up that he was actually seeing his best friend to Nari. But he knew that if he told her that he was going to see Sung-Mi, that she would absolutely explode. Especially after their chat tonight at dinner.

I’ll be back soon, don’t worry.” he said to her before swooping in for a kiss as he placed his jacket on. “Don’t wait up. And I’m only phone call away, okay?

Nari pouted with her large puppy dog eyes before letting out a frustrated sigh. “Fine! Just… hurry back, okay? I wanna pick up from where we left off, ok?

Tae offered her a warm smile and nodded before planting another kiss on her lips. And just like that, he was on his way to his best friend’s place.

mood: why are girls so hard? | location: his apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

back

mood

outfit

interactions

An Sung-Mi

If there was anyone in this world who could get Sung-Mi out of this panic, than it was her best friend. Her mother, while caring, wasn't the most patient woman. She also wasn't the most empathetic. She had to be strong and brave to raise her daughter and kick her husband out of her house. Her eomma was rational, a problem-solver, but she never quite understood how anxious her daughter was. Sung-Mi never faulted her for that, but she was just aware that she wasn't the person she'd go to when she was in crisis mode.

However, Tae had been there through everything. From the very beginning. When she was terrified that her mother would kick her out for going into art rather than science. When she had failed her first exam and cried for hours about possibly failing the class. When she got radio silence from Eun-Sang and she about had a break down over the possibility he was dead or something. Even if they were irrational, or rational, he was always able to get her to a state of peace. Sung-Mi could even count on him now as she sat on her couch, on the brink of hyperventilating.

“Okay… Don’t worry. I’ll be there soon.” His voice was so calm. Just knowing Tae would be ok his way made her racing thoughts slow just a little bit.

"Thank you," She breathed, just before he hung up the phone. She sat there for a moment, alone in her living room, staring down at her phone. Her eyes unfocused as they stared down at her phone screen. What would she do if Tae wasn't in her life? Without him she felt so lost.

Her mind replayed the last few minutes with Eun-Sang. She tried not to play it over in her mind. Despite her protest, it unfolded once again in her memory. What did she do wrong? Could she fix this? Once again she wondered the same thing that she always did after a fight with her boyfriend, what is wrong with me? Was he unhappy that there was a baby at all? Or was he upset that he was stuck having a child with her? Sung-Mi felt sick, sick from emotion. Everything was so overwhelming. She hoped that Tae would hurry so that things didn't feel so heavy. Where would she be with out her best friend?

coded by hanthesunbeam

Guk Tae-won

His dark eyes darted over the collection of chocolate and lollies that were on display in the store. Of course, he had said to his best friend that he was on his way over. But, like always, he wasn’t going to come over empty handed. Whenever she was in need, upset, or just needed to let off some steam, Tae always found it a way to declare it was his cheat day and bring an abundance of chocolate and alcohol for the pair of them to delight in. He took hold of a block of Sung-Mi’s favourite chocolate and chucked into the shopping basket he was carrying with him. Finally, he brought the basket up to the counter and began to pay for his items.

At that moment, as the cashier scanned the soju, his mind was brought to two places. The first being: dammit, he forgot that Sung-Mi was pregnant for a moment. Well, it looked like he was the one that was going to have to do all the drinking tonight. That didn’t seem like a bad idea – however, he wasn’t sure if Nari was going to be too pleased if he came home smelling like alcohol. Especially if he had claimed that he was helping his Umma with his Appa. And then secondly, his mind landed on the last time the pair of them shared a drink and chocolate. That dickhead had made Sung-Mi upset again and Tae was doing what he always did. He was swooping in to save the day. Sure, Eun-Sang might’ve been Sung-Mi’s boyfriend, but he didn’t know how to care for her emotional and mental needs. That’s where Tae came in. He would kill for his best friend.

And then his mind landed on another memory. The pair of them sitting together on the couch. Him holding her as she sobbed in his arms. Trying to make her happy by placing an abundance of annoying kisses upon her face as she giggled and squirmed. Her face lighting up and the worries and cares that her asshole boyfriend placed upon her shoulders were melting away. There was a fire in his belly and something just felt right. And then…

That’ll be $40

Huh?

Earth to Tae. It was time to pay. Coming back from his little trip down memory lane, Tae nodded at the cashier before pulling out his phone to use payWave. The machine beeped and chimed, indicating that it had indeed worked and Tae was allowed to go on his merry little way. Thanking the cashier, he took hold of the two plastic bags – filled with chocolate and alcohol – and began walking with brisk steps. The convenient store was only two buildings away from Sung-Mi’s apartment complex which was, well, convenient. So, it was only a matter of minutes before he was up the elevator and making his way to his best friend’s apartment. As he reached her door, he didn’t even knock. They were family after all. He punched in the code to unlock the door and let himself in. With no words, he entered into the apartment, slipped off his shoes and made his way in.

And there she was. Tear stained cheeks and an expression on her face that broke his heart. Silent, and feeling his body beginning to fill with rage, Tae carefully and hastily placed the plastic bags onto the coffee table and made his way to his best friend. In a swift movement, he pulled her up from her seat position and dragged her into a loving, warm embrace. He placed one hand upon her back and the other upon the back of her head, encouraging her to nuzzle in as close as possible as he placed his cheek on top of her head. There was no need for words right now. Actions spoke so much louder, anyways.

mood: im going to murder this guy | location: sungmi's apartment | outfit: click here | tag: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

Users who are viewing this thread

Back