• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ฒ โ€” ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐œ๐ค

lame rp idea

pastelog

๐™จ๐™˜๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ข๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™จโ„ข

WITTMANSVILLE PARK CLOSES HALLOWEEN ATTRACTION AFTER MAN FOUND DEAD INSIDE HAUNTED HOUSE
August 22nd, 1982

Wittmansvilleโ€™s Amusement Park has closed its Halloween-themed haunted house after an seventeen-year-old man was discovered dead inside of it.

Police received an alert from the amusement park at 3:13 pm Saturday and confirmed a man surnamed Williams had been certified dead at Wittmansville Hospital.

Williams was a friend of an employee working at the site, co-workers confirm. Witnesses say he volunteered to be a tester for the haunted house before its opening in October.

Wittmansville Park CEO Matthew Roberts said that Williams was found unconscious a few minutes after he had entered the haunted house. The area where he was found was supposed to be โ€œa place for our staff to carry out maintenance workโ€, according to Eva Escapan, the parkโ€™s director of events and entertainment.

Called Buried Alive, the attraction consists of a slide and haunted house. Guests take the slide to enter the haunted house alone as a part of a โ€œsingle-playerโ€ experience.

A park spokeswoman said that Williams ventured โ€œby mistakeโ€ into a backstage area open only to staff after he had finished the slide and entered the haunted house.

Greg Henderson, a registered structural engineer, said such an area should normally be locked to prevent guests from inadvertently entering it.

โ€œA haunted house should be designed to offer a single way out for visitors,โ€ the former staff member claimed. โ€œIf an emergency exit is required, a sign should be posted.โ€

Priscilla Marks, chairwoman of the Legislative Councilโ€™s justice and legal services panel, believed the park had more to answer for than saying Williams entered the area โ€œby mistakeโ€.

Marks said it would be a point of legal contention whether signs provided by the park were clear and effective inside the haunted house, a place she described as dark and leaving visitors in a fearful state.

โ€œUnder such circumstances, shouldnโ€™t an area closed to guests simply be locked or equipped with automatic lighting?โ€ the barrister asked.

Matthew Roberts said medics at the park had administered first aid to Williams and called an ambulance as soon as they found him.

The park and its employees offer their โ€œdeepest condolencesโ€ to the victim and his family. Roberts added that the needs of Williamsโ€™ family would be appropriately addressed.

The death marked the first fatal accident at the attraction since it was introduced in 1980.

Marks said the case is under investigation.

The park has closed the attraction to facilitate an investigation into the incident by the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department.

The department believed Williams was hit by โ€œmoving parts of the slideโ€ in an area normally closed off to visitors and that the accident did not involve mechanical failure.

The slide, measuring 15 feet long and 8 feet high, was approved by the department on Thursday after passing a comprehensive examination by independent inspectors, it added.

The park is not allowed to reopen the attraction until the department lifts its suspension order.

The park says that despite this, the Halloween festival will still be open to the public from October 5th.

HOMICIDE OR ACCIDENTAL DEATH? CORONERโ€™S REPORT ON WITTMANSVILLE DEATH INCONCLUSIVE
September 30th, 1982

Wittmansville County coronerโ€™s officals were unable to determine what caused the death of young man who was found inside the maintenance room of a haunted house located in Wittmansville Amusement Park, according to Matthew Roberts, CEO of WAP.

Martin Alexander Williamsโ€™ body showed signs of traumatic injuriesโ€”including mutiple abrasions and contusions to his rib cage, back, arms, and legs (ones that were once believed to be self-inflicted due to his location)โ€”when friend of the man, an employee of the park, discovered him on the floor of the maintence room after learning that someone had gained enterance to an employee-only area.

A portion of Williamsโ€™ rib cartilage in his chest was fractured, the surrounding muscle tissue darkened from hemorrhaging, noted the forensic pathologist who conducted his autopsy.

But Williams, 17, also had a large amount of methamphetamine in his bloodstream, a level considered between toxic and lethal, along with low to normal amounts of mutiple prescription drugs used to treat bipolar disorders, epilepsy, and Parkinsonโ€™s disease. The autopsy also revealed symptoms of some sort of heart diease.

โ€œIn his case, thereโ€™s just a lot of stuff going on, and our pathologist couldnโ€™t pinpoint any one particular thing caused his death,โ€ Wittmansville County Chief Deputy Coroner Gina Moya said. โ€œItโ€™s one of those cases where thereโ€™s no smoking gun.โ€

As a result, Williamsโ€™ manner of death has been listed as โ€œundeterminedโ€, with factors pointing towards both homicide and an accidental death, the coronerโ€™s report states.

The injuries to Williamsโ€™ rib cage area โ€œcould be from more than one thing,โ€ Moya added, with foul play neither confirmed nor ruled out.

Williamsโ€™ mother described her son to coronerโ€™s investigators as a happy-go-lucky boy with a few problems, but who was โ€œfriendly, and always happy.โ€ This was all a period of sobriety, she stated, because his had began to decline due to an oddly sudden relapse the month before his death.

His younger brother, Ricky Williams, told us that his brother was tired the rampant drug use surrounding him at their Wittmansville complex and made imminent plans to move to Woodland, the next town over, but never got the chance.

WAPโ€™S HAUNTED HOUSE IS REALLY HAUNTED?
November 15th, 1983

Wittmansville Amusement Park, notorious for their thrill-inducing rides and deliciously greasy finger food, stands out in the middle of a small town. As the most expensive plot of land, itโ€™s been hailed over the years as one of the stupider discussions of the city counsel. But, in the past few months, talk of the amusement park has become increasingly... strange. and, all clues point to it being because of its haunted haunted house. With complaints from children and adult alike, some see it as a scary house, and that itโ€™s probably haunted.

Itโ€™s understandable that the house became the subject of rumors. A man was possibly murdered there and several cemeteries are located near that area. And it doesnโ€™t help matters much that a man with long white hair and a Dutch colonial hat can sometimes be seen wielding an axe and hatchet exiting from the maintence room on occasion.

But the man in the hat is more affable than terrifying. His name is Arthur Kirmss, and he is the 61-year-old maintenance-in-residence at WAP.

Mr. Kirmss uses the axe and the hatchet to carve objects like the mascots seen around the amusement park. But given all the creepy rumors that swirl around the house, it was hardly surprising on a recent afternoon, employees saw children sneaking into the amusement park at midnight, which is typically open from 8 am - 11 pm, where a curator found the front door mysteriously unlocked.

As it turned out, a group of eleven-year-olds had been slithering through the broken fence that surrounds the park, then making their way toward the garden in running through it, where fallen mulberries stain the brick walkway blood-red.

One night late last month, Kirmss, who is also the caretaker of the grounds, caught a group of middle-school boys in the amusement park and called the police. โ€œThey said they had heard some rumors in school that the haunted house attraction was actually haunted,โ€ he explained. โ€œThey called it the murder house.โ€

The boys were realeased with a warning, and the fence has since been repaired.

Still, the rumors persist. An eleven-year-old girl who lives nearby said her friends that the attraction was spooky.

โ€œThey be like, โ€˜Donโ€™t you be going near that houseโ€,โ€ she said. โ€œI ainโ€™t afraid though. Yolo.โ€

But according to Mr. Kirmss, the childrenโ€™s suspicions are not entirely unmerited. In his three years of living on the bottom floor of Buried Alive!, he said, heโ€™s heard strange sounds with unexplained origins, among them heavy footsteps and slamming doors. โ€œItโ€™s pretty creepy,โ€ he admitted.

Visiting the house that afternoon was Mr. Kirmss fiancรฉe, a fellow teacher named Tyiba Rashid. Ms. Rashid was more direct. โ€œItโ€™s completely haunted,โ€ she declared.

ghostly

the eighties had always been a more controversial time in life. from the scandals of our president reagan to the realease of the rubikโ€™s cube, itโ€™s no doubt that the decade to follow would be nothing more than... absolutely irrelevant. especially to the town of wittmansville, a place located off the coast of lake erie, where the mayor of the city is an infamous widowed gambler with nothing left to lose but the loose shreds of dignity remaining.

as for the rest of the town, the people are relatively normal and choose to lead relatively normal lives. but sometimes, lives can be changed at a flip of a dime.

but sometimes, the outcome can have... ghostly results.

IN WHICH โ€” four teenagers choose to sneak into an amusement park at night without realizing the others did the same. and all for the same reason. to find out who.. or what killed Martin Williams.

eventually, this ragtag group of teens are forced to come together, and after finding common ground (sort of), set apart their differences for the greater good of wittmansville.

tldr โ€” a group of ragtag teens being mischievous go all sherlock to solve a possible murder, and become friends along the way;

hey! this whole rp idea was inspired by stranger things season three (steve and robin are a comedic duo ok), the umbrella academy, and sherlock holmes lol

roles

the golden boy/girl โ€” [open]

the class clown โ€” [open]

the mom/dad friend โ€” [open]

the insomniac โ€” [reserved โ€” pastelog pastelog ]

rules

i. there will be no reservations for roles. basically, you can post a sheet for the specific role youโ€™re interested in, and once the deadline iโ€™ve created passes, the roles will be filled (the deadline is july 21st).

ii. i expect for you to post at least once or twice a week. i mean, you can do more, but please please donโ€™t drop out last second. thanks so much!!

iii. one paragraph is minimum for posting. no simple sentences, but feel free to write a miniature novel lol

iiii. please please let me know youโ€™ve read the rules by posting your favorite carnival ride and letting me know youโ€™re interested! once thereโ€™s enough interest, iโ€™ll post a cs and ooc thread :-)

ยฉsocial
PATONE
ยฎ

14-5711
Process
Ghost Bros

Last edited:
Ooh, this looks really cool! One question, though: can the golden boy be a golden girl?

Also, my favorite carnival ride are the giant swings. Terrifying, but they make you feel like you're flying.

i would love to join, but my birthday is the 22nd so all my time is being spent on preparing for that :-(
best of luck though! and my favorite carnival ride is something that we call the "hold onto your skittles" whenever the carnival comes into town, its a big spinning thingy that they strap you into, but its all on an arm that lifts up, so you're being spun very fast while being lifted up vertically and its so much fun!

I would be very interested. Just binged Stranger Things and this gives me the good vibes!

love all the interest! iโ€™ll be posting the cs thread soon!!

cs

โ€” itโ€™s up!! โ€”

ooc

and an ooc!!​

interested!! personally my favorite carnival ride is the carnival games.... i don't really like rides...

interested!! personally my favorite carnival ride is the carnival games.... i don't really like rides...
I feel that lol

decided to bump this before i head off for the night :-)

just woke up rip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back