• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐‡๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐‚๐„๐๐„ | ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜บ๐˜ฑ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ

timshel

๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ
[div class="tab selectedTab tab1"]introduction
[div class="tab tab2"]information
[div class="tab tab3"]roles
[div class="tab tab4"]relationships
[/div][/div]
holocene
[div class="tabContents tabContents01 show"]
The television warps with sudden bursts of static and noise, struggling to maintain a perfectly clear broadcast. A blond woman wearing too much makeup beams at the cameraโ€”the gut feeling is that such a gleeful expression is very out of place during times like these.

My name is [UNINTELLIGIBLE, static] with Channel News 28, where we pride ourselves with providing the truth and nothing but the truth. Iโ€™m here today reporting on the ongoing research for the novel lyssavirus. Iโ€™m at Stanford Medical School about to talk to the chief virologist spearheading the international effort to find a cure.

The entire screen is reduced to static for a few seconds. By the time it clears, cliche shots of a laboratory and scientists pipetting are rolling as the virologist speaks.

What people donโ€™t understand is the severity of this thing. Heโ€™s middle aged and looks exhausted, but something in his voice sounds desperate. Typically, neurotropic viruses like these take ages to establish an infection in a patient and cause symptoms. That isnโ€™t what weโ€™ve seen with the cases in New York City or our mouse modelโ€”they enter the furious phase within days of an exposure. I havenโ€™t seen anything like this in my career.

The newscaster begins speaking again as a clip of the two of them walking down a hallway rolls. Neurotropic viruses have the ability to infect nerve cells. Closely related to the rabies virus, this new lyssavirus is known for its dramatic aggressive symptoms, but like many things, it begins with nonspecific symptoms of fever, aches, and chills. Then come headaches, and the excessive salivation, followed by neurological symptoms.

Confusion, anxiety, and paranoia beyond the normal are common, the researcher explains. This then turns into aggression, which as weโ€™ve seen with the subway attacksโ€ฆ [FADE TO SILENCE, WHITE NOISE TAKES OVER]

โ€ฆ But our research has shown this can be transmitted by most bodily fluids and fomites, or inanimate objects that an infected individual has coughed or sneezed on. We donโ€™t know how long the virus can survive but [LOUD BLIP]

The television goes black and silent. Seconds later, all color and sound return, and the researcher and newscaster are siting across each other at his desk.

We need to be careful. If this lyssavirus gets out of control, it can send humanity back to the stone age.
[div class="tabContents tabContents02"]
Novel Lyssavirus Fact Sheet
Information courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention & the World Health Organization
This lyssavirus, unlike its relative, rabies, is highly contagious. Transmission of this virus can be achieved in multiple ways:
  • Infected saliva entering the bloodstream (ex: bite of an infected individual)
  • Infected bodily fluids entering the body through mucous membranes: airborne droplets from the cough or sneeze of an infected individual can cause disease if inhaled
  • It is not known whether or not this virus can be transmitted via sexual contact.
  • Contact with items that an infected individual has had contact with (fomites) have resulted in disease in laboratory studies

Progression of symptoms in an infected individual:
  • 1-3 days following exposure: fever, chills, body aches, chills, coughing, sneezing
  • 4-5 days: headache, excessive salivation, insomnia
  • 5-7 days: anxiety, paranoia, aggression, and other behavioral abnormalities
  • 7-21 days: demonstration of aggressive, often deadly, behavior towards others, extreme, insatiable hunger
  • 21-??? days: paralysis, coma, death

Note that the facts provided above may be incomplete or proven inaccurate later on, as vital research on the pathogen is still in progress. For the latest information on the novel lyssavirus, be sure to check the CDC and WHO official websites regularly.
[div class="tabContents tabContents03"]
[div class=tag]rule one

Be sure to follow all of RPNโ€™s listed rules of conduct. In addition, do your part to make this roleplay a fun, safe, and inclusive space for all the identities our members may hold. Treat one another with respect and take care of this community.

[div class=tag]rule two

This is a strictly advanced roleplayโ€”your writing needs to be compelling and interesting, and correct grammar and spelling are an expectation. I expect at least five to eight hundred words per response at the very least. Please assess your strengths and limitations as a writer as you decide whether or not this is the best environment for you.

[div class=tag]rule three[/div]
Due to the mature themes in this roleplay, I am asking that each applicant be over eighteen years of age. I will not be making any exceptions (please do not private message me to ask). This is to ensure that each member is comfortable discussing more sensitive aspects of the plot without the presence of a minor.

[div class=tag]rule four[/div]
Roleplay planning and general discourse will take place on Discord once the member list is finalized. This is a mandatory part of the roleplay, as it is a convenient platform to quickly share information and collaborate with each other. [/div][/div] [div class="tabContents tabContents04"]
the family
A rare nuclear family in the midst of this chaos, they have managed to stay together despite all odds, holding out in a remote rural ranch that was previously owned by an elder member of the family. This group consists of two parental figures and two children. The parents have seen the entirety of the lyssavirus situation from its inception, and their children may have some childhood memories of the first major events. Of course, no family is ever perfect, especially with the stress of post-apocalyptic life manifesting all too often, but they would quite literally do anything for each other.

the trio
This best friend trio assembled in the years following the collapse of government, and the bond they share is unbreakably deep: constantly relying on each other for survival has a way of forming lasting, trusting relationships. These three have helped each other with illness and injury, grief and heartbreak, and, most importantly, they've found ways to keep the air light despite all that's happened.

the pair
A stranger in desperate need and an exceptionally compassionate stranger coincidentally crossed paths and have remained together for only a short amount of time. One feels a tremendous debt towards the other. The other simply had the desire to help. That being said though, there is still much to be discovered, and the trust between the two is low while suspicion and doubt remain high.
[/div] [/div]
[div class=doodle]
[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/members/natasha.78204/[/div] [class=doodle] height: 100%; width: 100%; background: url(https://i.ya-webdesign.com/images/hand-drawn-branch-png-1.png); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; padding: 5px; background: #6e7a73; color: #fff; font-family: Playfair Display; font-size: 15px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=slab] position: relative; width: 100px; background: #fff; border: 1px solid #eee; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 4px 7px 3px 7px; font-size: 10px; color: #000; text-align: center; opacity: 0; transition: 1s all ease-in-out; [/class] [script class=doodle on=mouseleave] removeClass show slab [/script] [script class=doodle on=mouseenter] addClass show slab [/script] [class=tab] width: 100%; padding: 20px; text-align: center; font-family: Playfair Display; font-size: 15px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #fff; background: #333; transition: 1s all ease-in-out; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] letter-spacing: 2px; color: #d4ae83; transition: 1s all ease-in-out; [/class] [class=selectedTab] letter-spacing: 2px; color: #333; background: #6e7a73; transition: 1s all ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=selectedTab state=hover] letter-spacing: 2px; color: #333; background: #6e7a73; transition: 1s all ease-in-out; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; font-family: Oxygen; transition: all 1s; width: 580px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 26px; color: #000; height: 500px; box-sizing: border-box; border: 1px solid #eee; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents02 removeClass show tabContents03 removeClass show tabContents04 addClass selectedTab tab1 removeClass selectedTab tab2 removeClass selectedTab tab3 removeClass selectedTab tab4 [/script] [script class=tab2 on=click] addClass show tabContents02 removeClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents03 removeClass show tabContents04 addClass selectedTab tab2 removeClass selectedTab tab1 removeClass selectedTab tab3 removeClass selectedTab tab4 [/script] [script class=tab3 on=click] addClass show tabContents03 removeClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents02 removeClass show tabContents04 addClass selectedTab tab3 removeClass selectedTab tab1 removeClass selectedTab tab2 removeClass selectedTab tab4 [/script] [script class=tab4 on=click] addClass show tabContents04 removeClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents02 removeClass show tabContents03 addClass selectedTab tab4 removeClass selectedTab tab1 removeClass selectedTab tab2 removeClass selectedTab tab3 [/script] [class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; font-size: 10px; font-family: Avenir; color: #999; [/class]

Last edited:
yesssssssss you know im here 4 it

Ah! Love the way you've set up the roles for this.
I'm pretty interested. ^^

crying because the last of us absolutely ruined me.
i am absolutely interested!

An advanced post-apocalypse RP stemming from a viral infection?
Count me hella interested.

also please note that i have added two more roles to include two additional people in this roleplay! i've added one more person to the family group and created an entire new group, the loner! i would also read all of the information in the 'considerations' tab carefully.

(a bump for the nighttime people!)

just gonna. take a look at this ol' pot and stirrrrr it up! let's go night crowd, gimme something!
although there are lots of works in progress and temporary placeholders on the joining page, there is still a lot of space for interested applicants! the regular application deadline is 9pm PST on april first, but if you need an extension, please contact me.

buuuuuump. interested people, please donโ€™t be shy!!

yesโ€”see above for the deadline and lots of other relevant information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back