• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Besieged(ALWAYS OPEN)

Kabboom

very explody
Roleplay Availability
BESIEGED
Greetings fellow roleplayers! I'd like to present something I've been working on for a while. It will be a realistic / modern warfare RP with drops of fictional elements.

What I mean here is that we'll have access to real life technology, weapons and such. Other elements such as physics, etc. will be realistic as well. Really, the only fictional thing here will be the factions and countries.

*Whisper*: I understand politics can be somewhat a sensitive topic.

***AN OBVIOUS FACT:***
War is bad. It is haunting, terrible and it brings out the worst of humanity. It's always the men, women who serve and the civilians that suffer the most.

I'd like to make this an experience.​

So, now I'd like to summarise this for you guys. The premise of this RP will be the story of a military unit encircled, besieged by hostile forces. This will be their story of survival, decisions and bonds. I try the best in my ability to make this a realistic besieged experience. Food, water and other supplies will be crucial. Human emotions and stress in such situation is encouraged to be expressed in the RP.

If you've heard of the bloody siege of Sarajevo, or seen the film "The Siege of Jadotville", you get the idea. "Besieged" will be loosely based on these two events.

So if you're a fan of combat, modern-warfare and survival RP, hop aboard! I'll do my best to make this experience worthwhile.

Everyone is free to help and give contributions!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity."

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower​

The world had always been unstable. It's the basic principle of man, the very first instinct every animal was born with since the dawn of life. Humans just happened to take it too far. Though many of them attempt to deny it or justify it, it is still an undeniable fact that warfare is an integral part in what makes humans... well, humans. So why would it stop now?

It is the year 2018, and the Republic of Ambria has become stronger than ever. Despite being only a fledgling colonial territory belonging to the Beranese Kingdom about 200 years ago, it has become a world power, the dominating force on this earth. And it has no intention of ceasing.

The continent of Femos, a recently discovered continent, is under a state of constant war. Countless warlords and violent nobles have gone all-out on each other, each proclaiming to be the ultimate power on the continent, in a brewing soup stew of conflict. And it is only natural that someone would intervene.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
AMBRIA AIDS OUR FEMOS BROTHERS!
As the conflicts in the unstable continent of Femos escalates, the Republic of Ambria has taken upon itself to intervene in the matters and has mobilized troops and lend-lease aid to friendly nations in the continent, namely the People's Republic of Colegria, who have agreed to an alliance with the Republic of Ambria and its allies. The president himself has addressed the matters at hand, stating that 'no longer will men oppress and kill each other senselessly, for by God, we, the Republic of Ambria, will put and end to this for good, starting with Femos. More on page 3.

MERCENARIES ON THE RISE
Over the past few years the usage of mercenaries in armed conflicts across the world has tripled tenfold. This is due to a decrease in military equipment costs and

Within only a few months, the Republic of Ambria, along with a few other allied nations, have established multiple bases and establishments on the continent, moving in hundreds of thousands of troops in the name of "maintaining peace" and "ensuring freedom", though they are merely just fronts for the true purpose: exploiting the natural resources of the region, most notably oil and rare minerals.

One of the many military units sent to Femos is the 22nd Combined Arms Division, known as the Division of the Damned for its staggering amount of casualties during its time of service with all of Ambria's previous conflicts, the oldest military unit in Ambrian history. Sent to a key position to defend the Republic's interests within it, they are dispersed across a wide area to establish security. The 3rd Battalion is assigned to the city itself, and its inhabitants expect little fighting.

How wrong they were.

Bumpppppppp~

We're having some technical issues regarding our internet, but CS thread will be up soon :D

So the unit is much like the Highlanders in WWI's Arras campaign? I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back