• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 『a silent voice』(OPEN)

Lunar

now i know how joan of arc felt
[class=Gif]
background-color:White;
Border-radius:5px;
margin: 10px auto;
text-align: center;
width: 300px;
padding:10px;
font-family:Courier New;
color:black;]
[/class][div class=Gif]
Shoya
full

'Why am I even here?' You thought to yourself. She stood in front of you, obviously shocked at your presence; was it fear or hatred that she felt? After what you put her through you couldn't blame her for feeling either of the two.

~~~~~~

???
full

"...?"

~~~~~~

Shoya
full

"Nishimiya...do you remember me...?" You say with a nervous stutter in your voice. Its been nearly six years since you've seen her. Your victim.

~~~~~~

Nishimiya
full

The girl's face goes grim as she looks to the ground. The atmosphere is depressing, it seems you've awoken her repressed memories of elementary school.

full

Nishimiya quickly turns on her heels and runs away from you; tears rolling down her cheeks. You once again wonder why you came here, why you came to see her.

~~~~~~

Shoya
full

"Nishimiya wait! Don't run, please...!" You scream out even though you know its hopeless.

She is deaf after all.
[/div]
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
Six Years Earlier...
full

Three young boys gather on a bridge, taunting and daring one another to take the leap of faith into the river below.

~~~~~~

full

~~~~~~

Kazuki
full

"Why don't you jump Shoya? Unless you're scared..." Kazuki, your yellow-haired best friend teases you.

[/div]
.​

[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
CHOOSE

"Geronimo!!" (Jump)

or

"That's a pretty long way down..." (Don't jump)

[/div]

Rabih90 Rabih90 mahoutsukai mahoutsukai
(tagging all that might be interested.)

Last edited:
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
(Dont Jump)

full

"I-i dont know...it looks like a pretty f-far drop...!" You stumble over your words, trying to sound as brave as possible.

~~~~~~

Kazuki
full

"Tch, you're such a baby! But all I think you need is a little...PUSH!" Kazuki yells as he pushes you over the edge, sending you tumbling into the creek below.

full

"Haha! See? Wasn't so bad was it? So stop being such a whiner!" He follows up before jumping in next to you.

~~~~

After about thirty-minutes of murky river swimming, the three of you decide to head back to your place.

'HAIR MAKE ISHIDA'

full

Your mom was the town's hairdresser, and local heartthrob amongst all the boys...and their fathers.

'Ding ding!' The doorbell rings as they enter the salon.

~~~~~~

Shoya
full

"Hey ma', Kazuki and Keisuke are here! We're gonna go to my room, bye!" You stammer quickly, trying to sneak your wet asses upstairs.

Miyako Ishida
full

She seemed distracted with a customer the perfect opportunity to sneak by...

"Okay hun', thats fine! Oh, by the way, there is food in the fridg--"

Shit.

She stops mid-sentence as she turns her head and notices the three of you tracking mud into the house.

full

Your moms runs over to you and squeezes your cheeks. "Sho-sho! What am I going to do with you...get upstairs and take a shower! All of you!"

You puff out your cheeks as the three of you run upstairs; before you ascend, you turn back.

full

"I told you to stop calling me that you old hag! Drop dead!" Then you clamber upstairs.

[/div]
.​
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
The Next Day...
full

"W-where are my shoes?! I put em' out to dry overnight now theyre gone! MOOOOM!"
You quickly rush inside, asking if your mom took them.

Naoka Ueno
full

"Ha! You're pretty absent-minded Sho-Sho, someone probably stole them when you weren't paying attention~☆"

A girl getting her hair cut says mockingly; It was Naoka Ueno, that annoying chick who hands around you and Kazuki all day. Why does she have to butt in all the time!!

Shoya
full

"Shut up! Whaddya think you're doing at my place anyway. Naoka? Why don't you go to that prissy fancy salon down by the station?!" You yell back at her angrily.

Naoka Ueno
full

"Hmph! Is that any way to talk to a valued customer?! I'm helping your mom pay her bills, so be a little grateful for once!" She says back in responce. After that tangent, she puffs her cheeks and walks out in a hurry.

~~~~~~

Kazuki runs up to the entrance of the shop and yells at you. "Hey Shoya! Come look at this!"

full

"Aren't these your shoes? I saw this fatty wearing them so I snapped a pic! Hes just down the road at 2nd Elementary if you wanna go get em' back..."
He says menacingly with a smirk.

General Shoya, the Destroyer
full

"I see...thank you for your report, Sergaent Kazuki." You say as dark plans flood into your head.

Private Keisuke
full

"Shall we commence operation: 'Sneaker Rescue 3000!' sir?" Keisuke shouts at attention.

full

"We will launch our assault on 2nd Elementary once we identify the target!" You bark back at him!

Sergeant Kazuki
full

"Sir, he is an imposing man! Standing at 5'11 in stature! Our odds our slim but I think we can win this war!" Kazuki draws out the target with a stick in the sand.

full

"I-impossible! Can a creature like this even exist?! What is this monsters name?"
You sarcastically reply.

Sergeant Kazuki
full

"I dont know sir...but if I were to give him a name; It would be this: D-E-L-U-X-E." Kazui reports with a grim look on his face.

full

"De..! No! We must not be afraid, men! We march to 2nd Elementary at once!" You yell out with confidence as the three of you run down the street towards the school.

[/div]
.​
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
DELUXE

full

"There he is!"
You say to Kazuki as you hide around a corner, spying on the enemy. "Alright its go time!" Kazuki says as he shoves you out, causing you to be face-to-face with Deluxe.

Shoya
full

The boy stares at you with a blank face. "You know why I'm here, why don't you say something tubby?!"

Shoya----Deluxe
full

"Those shoes, we need to talk about em'!"
You grit your teeth at the boy's continuous silence.

Deluxe----Shoya
full

"What about my shoes?" Deluxe says with a slight squint.

"Don't play dumb! You know what happens when you steal people's stuff, don't you?" You snap back, sizing this 'creature' down. Your friends stare around the corner, urging you to fight the boy.

[/div]
.​
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
CHOOSE

"Give me my damn shoes!" (Punch him. +Respect)

or

"Y-you can keep them." (Walk away; -Respect.)

[/div]

Rabih90 Rabih90 mahoutsukai mahoutsukai

[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
PUNCH HIM
full

"Give me back my damn shoes you insect!" You scream out in a rage and your fist connects to the side of the boy's head, sending him reeling onto the ground.
full

full

"I did it! FInally, I have defeated evil!" You shout out victoriously. Your friends cheer you on as you thrust your fists in the air and pick up your shoes. You spit on the ground next to the unconscious boy and walk away.

full

~~~~~

full

"Can we come over Shoya?" Keisuke says happily. "Yeah yeah! Can we?" Naoka follows up with a giggle. You smirk at them and say. "Yeah sure sure, just don't mess with Ma's customers!"

Upon returning home, you see an old face!

Genki
full

"'Sup, Shoya." The man says. It's Genki! He is an upperclassman that you've always looked up to. He has always inspired your ruthless side, he is a total badass after all.

Shoya----Genki
full

Before you can respond, he quickly asks;
"Hey do you know where the Solar Plexus is?"

"ITS RIGHT HERE!"
full

The older man shoves his fist into your stomach, flinging you in the air; You try desperately to not throw up!

full

You hit the ground with a hard 'PLAP' and your nose starts to ooze blood.

full

Naoka and Keisuke turn on their heels and run away screaming. Kazuki just glares down at you and mouths "What a baby..." before turning around and casually walking away.

full

"G-guys wait..." You manage to mumble out of your mouth, though it is a futile effort...they're gone.

Genki
full

"Who the FUCK do you think you are, beating on my little brother?!" Genki yells as he lands a kick into your stomach before walking away. "What a baby..." is the last thing you hear before blacking out...

~~~~

full

"Whaddya mean I got my ass beat? Taking a hit from an upperclassman gets you so much cred!" You say to your friends, it seems Naoka convinced Kazuki and Keisuke to carry you back home. The four of you talked about it all night.

full

You see back then, that's all I cared about; winning the fight against boredom! I thought that if I lived every day fighting boredom then I'd be happy. But now I really understand.
[/div]
.​
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
Back to School...
full

It is quiet today. The leaves are just beggining to fall, the new semester is starting. Kinda poetic right?

full

Anyways, being in school isn't the right way to fight boredom but Ma' keeps making me go. We're getting a new student today; apparently, they moved here over the summer from up north but no one knows why. Who cares? It's just one more kid in this already boring town.

full

"She's here!" One student says. "Do you think shes cute?" A couple of boys bicker in the corner. The classroom falls completely silent when the new girl walks through the door.

????
full

The girl walks in and stands in the front of the classroom wearing a faint smile.

full

"All right, introduce yourself." The teacher says. The girl just continues staring straight ahead, as if she hadn't heard him.

full

"Introduce yourself...oh." He says once more but quickly changes his reaction as a realization came to him.

full

full

She pulls out a notebook from her bag; A note is already written on it.

"My name is Shoko Nishimiya. It is nice to meet you."

"What is with this girl?"
You hear Naoka say confused.

full

"I would like to get to know everyone through this notebook."

full

"When you want to talk to me, please use this notebook."

full

Ba-dum

full

BA-DUM

full

Your chest hurts....what is this feeling...?

full

"Y-Youre a weirdo!" You scream out as you jump from your chair. Your teacher glares over at you and Naoka looks at you in disbelief at what you just said.

full

"What...?" You say looking back at Naoka. The new girl looks on confused, not knowing what you just said.

"Let's see...where should you sit? Why dont you scoot your desk back a bit, Mr. Ishida." The teacher says, gritting his teeth.

full

"You will sit over there, go sit down." The teacher sends her off to her seat.

Shouko makes her way down the isle, bowing to everyone she passes. What is this girl?!

Your heart rate picks up as she turns to you.

full

full

Ba-dum.

[/div]
.​
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
Shoya VS Boredom

full

full

'Well...so what? You cant hear? It's not like that interests me or anything.' You think to yourself. You then roll up a piece of paper from your notebook; Boredom is about to lose another battle.

~~~~

CHOOSE

Spitball (Ptooh!)

or

Scream (WAH!)

[/div]

Last edited:
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
SPITBALL

You chew up a small piece of paper and aim at your target; Shoko's head. FIRE!

"PTOOH!"
full

As soon as the spitball hits the girl, she lets out a loud 'EEP!'. Her face is immediately flushed and she turns her head around to you, looking confused and embarrassed. You quickly slam your head down on your desk, hiding your laughter from the teacher.

full

"What do you think you're doing Mr. Ishida"? We're in the middle of class." He says, it seems the entire class turned their attention to the two of you after Shoko screamed; She is such an idiot!

~~~~

After class...
full

Keisuke and you are laughing about your spitball stunt on the way to your next class. "What are you, stupid?!" Keisuke chuckles, throwing a ball at you.

"What?? I whispered that I was about to spit at her! It's her fault she didn't hear me!" You reply with a laugh.

"I wonder how bad her hearing really is..." Kazuki says as you enter the classroom and take your seats once more, Shoko was already seated with her notebook out.

"I think I can figure it out....you know?" You say before smirking.

full

full

"Wah!" You say in a normal speaking tone. "WAH!" You scream a bit louder, still no indications from Shoko. "Level two clear...WAAAH!" You shout very loudly, drawing Naoka's attention. "Level three clear!"

"Having fun, are we?"
Naoka says with a giggle. The three of you explain your experiment to Naoka.

"Oh I love science experiments~ WAH!" She joins in.

full

The four of you take turns yelling at the deaf girl, Keisuke seemed a little unmotivated, but you promptly kicked him into gear!

"Alright time for the final level, maximum volume!" You say before taking a deep breath.

"WAAAAAH!!!" You scream at the top of your lungs, not realizing that your teacher has snuck up behind you.

"MR. ISHIDA!!" He screams as he grabs your shoulders and ushers you to his office.

~~~~

Mr. Teacher's Office
full

You tilt your head to the ground, faking your own guilt.

"I realize you've never met anyone who couldn't hear before but you can't make fun of Nishimiya because of her disability." Your teacher says, his eyes boring into your head. "You hear me?" He follows up.

You smirk and whisper under your breath. "She can't." But before the teacher can respond you speak up; "Oh pipe down old man, I was just seeing if she actually couldn't hear!"

"Then you can ask her directly, don't be a bully."
He replies, ushering you back into class.

full

'Huh? But thats so boring! Plus...'

full

'I don't wanna talk to someone I barely know.' You think to yourself. You then walk over to Naoka, hopefully, she can get some juicy info out of the weirdo.

"Go talk to her Naoka!" You command.

full

"Hey, do you speak japanese Shoko?" Naoka waves over to her and gives an innocent smile.

Shoko responds by quickly scribbling down on her notebook, then she hops over to the group.

full

"Could you please repeat that?"

"Aha..."
Naoko mumbles before writing in the notebook.

full

"Do you have a nickname?" Naoka writes.

Shoko perks up a little, seemingly happy that someone put some amount of interest in her.

"Sho!"

full

"Her nickname is Sho!"
Naoka says, starting to laugh hysterically.

"That's what your mom calls you!" Keisuke says.

"Sho-Sho!" Kazuki follows up.

'Damn! How embarrassing...' You think, it disgusts you that you're being compared to this creature.

full

You lean back in your chair, annoyed at the rest of the class. 'Well whatever. I must thank god for sending another deluxe-class life form my way." You think.

full

You gulp down your anxiety and manage to say something.

full

"H-hey uh...why'd you come to this school, anyway?"
You say as loud as possible, hoping she can maybe hear you.

Shoko turns around and tilts her head with a confused expression on her face. She then begins writing in her notebook.

full

"Did you say something?"

You feel frustration boiling up inside of you. "Nuh...never-freaking-mind!" You shout before running off, leaving Shoko behind.

~~~~

The next day...

full

"Louder, Ueno! How do you expect to get the feelings across like that?" Your teacher yells at Naoka, it is chorus time.

"Alright next! Nishimiya!" He screams, pointing towards Shoyo.

full

"Anh doh I gan't waid...noo see gramba again."
She mumbles, sweat runs down her face as she tries her best to speak; her voice is very off key.

The teacher nods his head in acceptance.

full

"Good. Next! That's you, Mr. Ishida."
He says.

"Are you serious?!" Naoka yells out angrily.

You stand up, look around the room and clear your throat...

full

"Argle! Bargle! Uwah Uwoh!" You mock Shoyo's singing as the class erupts with laughter, the teacher looks very displeased.

full

"I did it!! I spoke Nishimiya-nese!!" You scream out, causing more laughter.

Your teacher stands up and waves you over to his office.

Shit not again...

full

"I know the way Nishimiya speaks is unusual, but that's no reason to mock her. You hear me?" The teacher says, looking even more fed up than the previous day.

full

"I don't think its unusual, she's just speaking her mother tongue." You reply

"Shut up and listen to what I tell you. We're having a conversation about morality." He says back.

"What-ality?" You respond with a hint of sarcasm.

"You're in sixth grade and don't know what morality is? I guess that explains why you act like this. What kind of parents raises an idiot like you?" He yells back coldly before physically pushing you back into the classroom.

~~~~

Chorus Competition
full

"Hi, I'm Ms. Kita from the hearing classroom! Shoko is a little tone dead because of her disability."

full

"What're we gonna do about the choir competition? Lose?"
Naoko says, rolling her eyes.

"She'll do her best, just like everyone else, so won't you please let her participate in the choir with you? Everyone who thinks thats a good idea, clap your hands!!" The entire class then hesitantly claps, minus you and Naoko.

full

"Now, let's do our best to prepare for the choir competition!"
Ms. Kita, yells out.

full

Kazuki begins playing the piano as Ms. Kita leads the class in song.

full

As soon as Shoyo starts to sing, the entire class covers their ears, she sounds terrible! 'We're going to lose...' You think.

After class ends and you've finished clean-up, you run up to Shoko.

full

"..." She turns around and begins to write something in her notebook.

full

"Gimme that!" You say, snatching it out of her hands.

[/div]
.​
[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
CHOOSE

Throw the book in the river

or

Write about how you feel.

[/div]

[class=Gif]
[/class][div class=Gif]
Write how you feel!

You grip your pencil roughly and begin to scribble away.

full

"You're tone deaf, so just pretend like you're singing!"

You write before throwing the notebook back at her.

Nishimiya looks down at the paper, then up at you; she wears a sad smile and just mouths out the words.

"I'm sorry."

full

Ms. Kita oversees the confrontation and as you walk away grumbling, she places her hands on Nishimiya's shoulders.

"Oh, don't pay any attention to him!"

Nishimiya doesn't respond, her eyes stay fixated to the page.

~~~~

One week later...

full

'I think I've figured out Shoko Nishimiya's true identity...'

full

'She isn't just an alien raised in a different culture. She is an intruder sent to bring harm to our class..."

'Because of her, the choir competition was a total bust, and our normal routine was destroyed...'

full

'But is Nishimiya aware of this fact...? No matter the method, I must inform her of the truth.'

Your group gathers in the classroom before class, all working together on a blackboard experiment.

"Man this is really stupid, Shoya." Keisuke says nervously.

"Sounds like fun!" Miki Kawai squeaks.

"When you get in trouble, I had nothing to do with this!" Kazuki says, leaning back in his chair yawning.

"Let me help!" Naoko butts in!

After you all finish your masterpiece, you leave the room and wait for class to start.

Shoko Nishimiya is the first to enter the room, early as usual...

full

"..."

full

"..."

The bell rings and people begin pouring into the classroom, but Shoko seems frozen in time; motionless.

full

"Whoa! What happened to the blackboard?!" You smirk as you enter.

"It's awful, isn't it? I mean really..." Miki Kawai innocently comments.

"Boy that IS mean, right Kazu?" You sympathize.

"Let's erase it for her." Kazuki says as he closes his eyes and sits down.

full

You drag the eraser haphazardly across the board, clearing it of the chalk.

full

"There. All gone." You say as you toss the eraser aside.

Shoko immediately goes to her notebook, writing quickly.

full

"Thank you, everyone."

full

You all stare at her in disbelief.

full

'What's with this chick?'

full

'Is that all she's got? I thought she'd flip out like that! Or cry...or get pissed off...'

'Well now she's got my attention! I wonder what'll happen if I keep this up...'

~~~~

full

"Whoa! Sorry Nishimiya, I didn't know you were down there." You say, having "accidentally" poured a full dust pan on her head.

full

"..."

Still nothing, she just continues sweeping.

You suddenly feel yourself being lifted by your collar, shit!

full

"Say you're sorry." Your teacher commands.

"I already did, didn't I Nishimiya?" You mockingly say towards her, knowing she can't hear you.

full

"Apologize to her later." Your teacher sighs as he lets you down.

~~~~

full

'When I see a slug, I pour salt on it. When I see a pigeon, I chase it. I throw off ant trails and doodle on cats! So i'll pour water on her, chase her, throw her off track, and doodle on her stuff!'

full

'This is what Nishimiya's meant for!! This is her only purpose!'

~~~~

Later in class...

"Hey Naoko, I have a job for you..." You whisper to Naoko, then walk over to the window.

full

Naoko sneaks up to Nishimiya and pulls something out of her ear; its a hearing aid!

"Hey. Lemme see this for a minute." She says codly.

full

"This is it right? Thats a hearing aid? Then she can hear after all! Here you go!" She asks tossing you the aid.

"I know right?" Miki says giggling.

"So she doesnt need any special treatment!" You laugh, glaring at Nishimiya.

full

Your smirk grows slowly as she starts to realize whats happening.

"Ew! Theres something on it! Sick!" You yell as you toss it out of the window and into the void, causing the class to erupt in laughter.

full

Nishimiya looks down at her desk as you sit back down, though you notice something in her other ear...

full

"Oh hey, she's got another one!" You say, roughly jerking on the thing until...

full

'SNAP'

Blood trickles down Nishimiya's ear.

full

"Whoa!" Keisuke screams.

"Uh-oh! You went too far, Shoya!" Kazuki comments.

"You're gonna get in trouble." Naoko states.

"See? I told you to knock it off!" Miki follows up.

full

"Whoa! Are you alright Shoko? Lets go to the nurse's office!" Miki innocently asks.

Nishimiya's face is that of pain, it must've really hurt thinking back on it,; it did leave a scar.

~~~~

After school...

Kazuki, Keisuke, and you decide to go home and play video games, unfortunaely there seems to be an obstacle in your path.

full

Nishimiya stands in the pathway, wearing that same old smile. She then begins to write something down.

full

"Whaddya want? Get outta our way." You command, sneering at her.

You then realize that she is writing something down, uh oh.

full

'Was she waiting for me? Whats she writing? "Please apologize" or something?'

full

'Yeah, right. Like I'd apologize to the likes of--'

"I'm sorry."

full

"...?"

full

You angrily jerk the notebook out of her hands, hate filling your eyes.

full

'I dont get it. What's with this chick?'

"Doesnt this piss you off?! C'mon, say something!"
You scream at her, causing her to whimper slightly.

full

Her face turns dark as she looks to the ground.

full

"I don't think she gets it, Shoya." Kazuki says

"No?" You reply,

full

full

Ba-dum

full

"Wha?!"

Ba-dum

full

She squeezes your hand tighter, you can feel the desperation flowing out of her; her helplessness.

I was too young to realize what that feeling was back then, I was afraid.

full

"..."

Your face flushes red, and you begin to sweat profusely.

full

"What's your problem?!" You scream and jerk your hand away, knocking her back into a shelf of flowers.

full

Nishimiya winces but stares on at you with that sad smile.

full

Your friends begin to laugh as you try to piece together what is happening.

full

Your frustration gets the best of you.

"Let's just go. She's creepin' me out." You growl.

full

As you turn away, you toss the book over your shoulder; it lands in the wishing well.

full

As the three of you walk away, you hear a splash.

full

Nishimiya pulls up her skirt and steps into the dirty well, fishing around for her notebook.

full

"Whoa! Are you serious?!" You laugh at her as she struggles, getting soaked in the process.

full

"Dude, that is nasty!" You shout again as the three of you walk away laughing.

~~~~
Several weeks later...

The class continues to push Shoko Nishimiya further, breaking and taking up to eight of her hearing aids.

full

"Class, there is something we'd like to discuss with you furing today's general studies period. First, a few words from the principal." Your teacher says, eerily staring at you the entire time.

full

The principal clears his throught before beggining.

"This is about Shoko Nishimiya, who you may have notices is absent today. The fact is, yesterday we recieved a call from Miss Nishimiya's mother."

You roll your eyes and scoff under your breath.

"What a bother..."

full

"It seems that in just under five short months, eight of Miss Nishimiya's hearing aids have gone missing or been damaged. Miss Nishimiya's mother believes she may be getting bullied at school. If any of you know anything about this, please raise your hand.

The classroom remains silent, a few snickers can be heard amongst the crowd.

"Apparently, the damages ammount to nearly 1,700,000 yen."

With that, the class erupts into many hushed whispers and gasps.

full

"Of course, we are well aware that you are only children and that you cannot afford to replace the lost hearing-aids, so if you come forward now, the school can handle this matter internally. So before you cause trouble for your mothers and fathers, I advise you to confess." The principal threatens.

full

"On the other hand, if the culprit is not found, I am afraid we will be forced to turn this matter over to the police..."

You start sweating buckets as your heart rate picks up. Police??! 1,700,000 yen?! There is no good choice in this...

You begin to raise your hand, but stop before anyone notices.

'Shit! What do I do?' You nervously think to yourself.

CHOOSE

Raise your hand.

or

Remain silent.

[/div]

(((Hey Lunar here! Let me know what you think so far, I'm trying to get more people on board and I recommend that you tell your friends. We are reaching the halfway point of VOL. 1 so that's exciting! To address some concerns; As a child, the choices are pretty linear, though after this flashback phase, you will have more variety and whole new scenes to traverse through, along with more fast-paced dialogue...don't worry you won't have to be Bully Shoya for much longer! While this is a fairly narrative-driven quest, I am actively trying to find ways to liven it up if slugging through it becomes somewhat monotonous.)))
Rabih90 Rabih90

Last edited:
Raise my hand
(Hello! I’m loving it so far and pretty excited about how the story would develop. Well I don’t really have much friends around here tbh, but I want to see this grow too so I’ll try!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back