• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 「Dawn Rising」(CLOSED)

Foxstar yawned, as she emerged from her den and stretched, flexing her claws out and in. She padded over to the small stream that ran through Dawn Clan's camp and took a moment to drink from it.
She scanned the camp quickly, twitching her whiskers in amusement at the sight of kits playing outside the nursery.
"Today marks a good day for the clan..." she mused, before standing and making her way back to the High Stones. Quickly, she bound up to the highest stone and let out a loud call.
"Let all those old enough gather around the High Stones!"
Ellie Miller Ellie Miller NynaNinja NynaNinja M MajesticWarMoose

Dewstone pushed the herbs into piles, counting each part with intent. They were almost all in order for the day. StarClan knew with new apprentices you had to be well stocked. The call of the clan's leader brought the medicine cat from his thoughts and he hurried to push through the lichen screen of his den to the camp center and hopped over the stream before waiting for the rest of the cats to arrive by the High Stones.

Goldenmist lifted her head gently as her whiskers twitched at Foxstar's call. Rising quickly from her spot in the sun, she shook the grass from her fur, fluffing herself up to an astronomical size. She always enjoyed welcoming the newly-named apprentices into the clan, and though she found herself too busy to have one of her own, would occasionally sit in on their training sessions. Looking back fondly on her own apprentice ceremony, Goldenmist trotted over to the High Stones and took her place, waiting eagerly for her clanmates to gather.

Falconkit, rolling around in the softer soil outside of the nursery, grumbled at the clan leader's call. He never enjoyed these kinds of ceremonies, and often spent them daydreaming of pouncing on mice or battling an enemy from Duskclan. As much as he would've liked to sneak out of camp while everyone was distracted, he begrudgingly padded over to the High Stones, hoping today would be the day that he got a mentor. A dash of hope sparked in his eyes as he glanced at Emberclaw, hoping that he would be placed with him. Falconkit always idolized Emberclaw, and his standoffish, war-torn attitude. Though Emberclaw always shoved Falconkit off, or called him 'annoying', he knew that the warrior was just trying to push him in the right direction.

Fennelkit and Mistkit, his best friend, were over at the edge of the camp, or at least as close to the edge as kits were allowed to go. "This is a juniper bush," he explained with softness in his voice. "It fixes bellyaches." He knew Mistkit wasn't really interested in what he was talking about, but she was kind enough to listen along anyways. After hearing the leader's call, the kits headed to the High Stones, but Fennelkit was less than excited. He didn't want to be a warrior, and was sure that he would be a poor fighter. If a warrior can't fight, what use are they to the clan?

Emberclaw slowly blinked open his eyes as his ear twitched at the sound of Foxstar's voice. With a small yawn, he rose to his paws and stretched out, arching his back and kneading the soft dirt before him. As he made his way to sit amongst the growing pool of cats, he couldn't help but quickly glance at Goldenmist as she made her way to sit near Foxstar, where he had once sat before. He shook his head, swiftly clearing the thought from his mind and scolding himself silently for thinking such foolish things. Letting out a small sigh he sat down near the back of the group, his eyes flicking to Falconkit as he saw the young tom's head turned his way. He stiffened slightly as he remembered that this was most likely the three kit's apprentice ceremony, Oh please StarClan, he thought, looking up to the sky. Any kit but Falconkit.

Mistkit nodded earnestly as she listened to Fennelkit, looking at the juniper berries with wide eyes. "Do they taste good?" she inquired cheerily, turning to him and tilting her head. Before she could get a response she heard the leader's cry and hopped up excitedly. Nudging Fennelkit, she followed him to sit near the High Stones, whiskers trembling in anticipation. "Fennelkit, do you think we're about to become apprentices?" She whispered, leaning towards him and struggling to keep her voice down because of her excitement. "I'm so excited!"

Last edited:
"I suppose so," Fennelkit replied gently to the she-cat. He kept his eyes down, but could tell she was excited by the tone in her voice. Perking back up, he flicked his tail on her shoulder. "I hope you get someone good, Mistkit! You and Falconkit are gonna make great warriors, I can tell. Cedarkit, too!" he chirped brightly, tilting his head.

Cedarkit blinked lazily as she heard Foxstar's cry. As she emerged from the nursery, tilting her head in an attempt to figure out just why there was a clan meeting. "Oh!" She mewed softly, flicking her ears. We're becoming apprentices! She thought happily to herself. She slowly padded over to the gathering, taking a seat behind Falconkit.

"Cedarkit!" Falconkit whipped his head around excitedly, puffing out his chest. "Aren't you excited? Who do you think you're going to get? I'm hoping to get Emberclaw as my mentor - I saw him looking at me earlier!" Falconkit rattled off, glancing at the warrior. "I bet he's hoping to get me as an apprentice!" The antsy kit kneaded his paws as his tail swished back and forth over the ground, further dirtying his already quite grimy fur.

Cedarkit's fur fluffed up as Falconkit turned quickly, slightly startled. "A-ah, yes, I'm quite excited..." she murmured. She twitched her nose in amusement as he continued to talk about Emberclaw. "Poor Emberclaw, if that's the case..." she said softly, eyes narrowing slightly. Her attention switched back to the High Stones as Foxstar began to speak. She flicked her tail over Falconkit's shoulder in an attempt to get his attention.

Silvermane sat towards the edge of the half-circle around the High Stones, purring softly as he chatted with a she-cat beside him. He caught sight of his sister, Goldenmist, as she made her way to sit near Foxstar. He flicked his ear towards her, noting the likelihood that she was also thinking of their own apprentice ceremony. Starclan, that seemed both so recent, yet far away.

Foxstar dipped her head to Goldenmist as she sat, and waited a few moments for the clan to gather. When everyone had settled, she stood, and let out a short chirp to get the clan's attention.
"Dawnclan, today we welcome a large group of apprentices to our ranks! Will Falconkit, Fennelkit, Cedarkit, and Mistkit step forward?"
She called, tail flicking behind her.
"Today begins your separate paths to your part in this clan's future. Mistkit, from this day, you will be known as Mistpaw. Your mentor will be Silvermane.

Cedarkit, from this day, you will be known as Cedarpaw. Your mentor will be Goldenmist.

Falconkit, from this day, you will be known as Falconpaw. You will be mentored by Emberclaw.

Fennelkit..."
She paused.
"It seems you've caught the attention of our medicine cat. If you so choose, you may instead take the path of a medicine cat yourself, under the mentorship of Dewstone."

Goldenmist drew her ears back in surprise at the mention of her name, shifting her eyes to Foxstar. She hadn't expected to receive an apprentice so young, but again, she hadn't exactly expected to make deputy so young, either. Rising from her haunches, she happily approached the brindle apprentice and lightly touched Cedarpaw's nose to her own, before quickly pulling away to sneeze. "Sorry," she chuckled, "allergies! I've never had an apprentice before, I'm excited to work with you!"

Falconpaw jumped up from where he was sitting, perking up his ears and shaking the dust and dirt out of his fur. He bounded up to Emberclaw, sitting in front of him and raising his nose as far as he could, unable to reach his mentor's.

Fennelkit raised his brow, looking up to the clan's leader. "I wouldn't want to impose on anyone," he muttered, "but I don't think I want to be a warrior." He shuffled his paws together softly, curling his tail around him. "I didn't hear that Dewstone wanted an apprentice...if he doesn't, thats okay. I could just stay a kit awhile longer! I don't mind."

Emberclaw snapped his head to where Falconpaw was sitting, pulling back in disgust as the young tom shook out the dirt that had collected on his fur. Letting out a loud groan, he flashed Foxstar a pleading look before standing up and looking down at his new apprentice. StarClan is testing me... that's all, he thought as he studied the young tom. I'll turn this meddling kit into a fine warrior... I hope. Flicking his tail in annoyance, he bent down and gingerly touched his nose to Falconpaw's, quickly straightening back up and taking a step back. "I hope you are ready to work hard," he remarked harshly, "I'm not going to go easy on you."

Mistpaw nudged Fennelkit encouragingly, flashing him a small smile before running off to Silvermane. She looked up in awe at the larger cat, stretching up as best she could to lightly touch his nose. Whiskers trembling in excitement, she stared at him with wide eyes, excited as to what she might learn under his mentorship.

Last edited:
Foxstar purred in amusement as she looked down at Fennelkit. "Its alright young one, you're not imposing on anyone. A clan cannot survive without a skilled medicine cat, and we believe you're up to the challenge." She nodded.

Cedarpaw blinked, surprised that the deputy of the clan would be her mentor. She rose and quickly touched noses with Goldenmist. She jumped slightly at the sneeze, but couldn't help dipping her head and laughing quietly in response. "I'm excited to work with you as well!" She said softly, eyes shining.

Silvermane's ears perked when he heard his own name. Finally! He got an apprentice! And Goldenmist got one too! He gave his chest a few quick licks as Mistpaw trotted over to him.
"So you're gonna be my apprentice, huh? You reasy to be the best warrior you can be?" He smiled, before stooping to touch his nose with hers. "We can get started today if you'd like!"

Foxstar lept down from the High Stones, and made her way over to Falconpaw and Emberclaw. "I figured you'd might like a challenge, Emberclaw. Needed somebody to take charge of this little one." She joked softly, rubbing the top of Falconpaw's head with her paw, and running her tail along Emberclaw's flank.

Fennelkit grinned, thrilled at the prospect of never having to maim another cat, and healing instead. "Thank you so much, Foxstar!" he pipped, "I won't let you down!" Seeing the new apprentices flock to their mentors, Fennelkit watched Mistpaw as she touched noses with Silvermane, hoping their different paths wouldn't pull them apart too much.

After happily nuzzling his head into Foxstar's paw, Falconpaw turned to his mentor"Yes, sir!" Falconpaw enthused, nodding justly at Emberclaw. "I'm so glad you got picked as my mentor! What are we gonna do first? Go hunting? Fishing? Train to fight? Spy on another clan? I bet I'm gonna be a warrior in no time!" Falconpaw spun around quickly, trotting off to the edge of camp.

Goldenmist glanced at her brother with a smile, looking forward to the times they would have training their apprentices together. "What do you wanna do first?" Goldenmist asked, returning to her conversation with Cedarpaw. "I'll let you pick! It's a long road to becoming a warrior, but I can already tell you'll be great!"

Emberclaw rolled his eyes and sighed, bowing his head slightly at Foxstar, "Yes, he will most certainly be a challenge, but nothing I can't handle." He turned and followed Falconpaw slowly, shaking his head in exasperation. "Now, now... don't get ahead of yourself, apprentice," he chided, bounding in front of Falconpaw and barring his path. "To do any of those things, you must first learn your Clan's territory, commit it to memory, and know it by heart. We will be spending the day walking around DawnClan territory so that you can get a feel for the different hunting spots and best fighting locations within our borders."

Mistpaw nodded eagerly, her eyes wide and sparkling with excitement. "Yes, I'll try my very hardest! We can start today? I would love to!" She glanced towards Fennelkit and smiled, "Ah, one moment, please!" Bowing her head to Silvermane, she quickly bounded over to Fennelkit, touching her nose to his cheek, "Medicine cat apprentice, huh? That's amazing! Be sure to fix me up if I ever get injured, okay?"

Falconpaw skidded to a stop, slamming into Emberclaws chest and bouncing off onto the ground. "We're going to...walk around?" He sighed, disappointment in his voice. "And...look at stuff? Do I get to kill anything?" Falconpaw furrowed his brow sadly, wanting to respect his mentor, but feeling a smidge let down. "Okay!" he perked back up, "where to first?"

Fennelkit chuckled, nuzzling Mistpaw. "Heh, as long as you try not to get hurt too often, I'll be here. Though I'm not sure how good of a medicine cat I'll be, but I'm glad I won't have to kill anything!"

Dewstone looked fondly at his uncle's frustration with his new apprentice before turning to walk to Fennelkit. The scene of the two friends was so touching Dewstone almost didn't interupt them and motion for Fennelkit to follow him to the medicine cat den. He was excited to finally give him an official lesson on herbs and healing.

Emberclaw narrowed his eyes, flicking his ear in annoyance, "A warrior's first thought should not be to kill, his first thought should be his Clan. We kill only when necessary and at no other time, understand?" Flashing the young tom an annoyed glare, he turned and padded towards the camp entrance. Without turning his head, he spoke to Falconpaw sharply, "We will start by walking along the Clan's borders, it is important to establish your Clan's territory as well as the other Clan's respective territories. I will show you DawnClan's shared border with StoneClan first and, if you behave, perhaps I will tell you a bit about the cats that live there." With a heavy sigh, Emberclaw ducked through the camp entrance and quickened his pace as he headed for the border.

Mistpaw nudged Fennelkit lightly, smiling wide, "I'm sure you'll make a great medicine cat, though I hope I still get to see you often..." He words trailed off into a murmur and she looked away quickly, licking shyly at the fur on her chest. She looked up and frowned slightly as Dewstone called for his new apprentice, her tail drooping slightly. "Oh, looks like Dewstone is eager to teach you, hehe.." Quickly dismissing her lonely thoughts, she shook her head and grinned turning and flicking Fennelkit's nose with her tail as she giggled softly, "I should be getting back to Silvermane. Have fun Fennelkit, I'll see you around!" Without waiting for a reply, the young she-cat bounded back to Silvermane, bowing her head apologetically as she stopped before him.

"Yes sir," Falconpaw nodded. He raised his chin and trod lightly after his mentor, as opposed to what he was doing to Emberclaw's patience. "How do you know about the cats in Stoneclan? Have you been there?" Falconpaw questioned, struggling to keep up with the warrior.

Fennelpaw swished his stubby tail lightly as he watched Mistpaw bounce away, in all her effervescence. He pawed gently at his nose and wished her luck in her training before turning to dash to Dewstone's den.

Cedarpaw ducked her head shyly. "Ah, I-I dunno... whatever you'd like to teach me I guess...? Im sorry..." she said, avoiding looking Goldenmist in the eye. She rolled a pebble around in the dirt with her paw, unsure of what to do.

Silvermane smiled as Mistpaw approached. "Aw, don't worry too much, you two are still gonna see plenty of each other! After all, its not like he's getting sent to Duskclan or something! The life of a warrior just isn't for everyone." He said, at an attempt of being reassuring.
"Ahem! Anyways, today we can start off with whatever you want! We could learn some fighting basics, hunting, fishing, patrolling routes? What sparks your interest?"

Goldenmist smiled fondly at the young cat, nudging her forehead gently with her nose. "How about we start by exploring the forest, looking around the borders? Maybe we'll see cats from the other clans, or stumble upon some mice! It's something easy to start with, get you used to to your surroundings, yeah?" She tilted her head, waiting for the apprentice's response.

Emberclaw slowed down as they approached a large fallen tree, crouching down and bunching up his muscles before effortlessly leaping onto the log and turning to look down at Falconpaw. "Have I been to StoneClan..? No, I'm sure I would have been killed for trespassing, though StoneClan's land is fairly flat and it is easy to see most of it from the border. I have also had to defend DawnClan from their warriors many times and I have studied the way they fight and how they act." He flicked his tail past the log, motioning for his apprentice to follow him, and turned his head, "Perhaps I'll share with you some of my secrets, should you prove to be promising..."

Mistpaw let out a soft sigh and nodded her head slowly, "Yeah, you're right! He'll still be in the camp, I'm just being minnow-brained, hehe!" She lifted her head quickly and perked up her ears, looking at Silvermane with excitement. "Fishing? Oh, could you please teach how to fish? I'd love to learn and be the best swimmer and hunter in the clan!"

Cedarpaw's ears pricked slightly at the thought of seeing cats from other clans. She dipped her head, rising to her feet. "A-alright! Sounds good." She smiled, her tail flicking and fluffing up slightly behind her. Hesitantly, she looked towards the clan entrance where Emberclaw and Falconpaw had already left. "If... if its alright... could we also do s-some fighting training soon? I wanna be good at fighting." She asked, barely above a whisper.

Silvermane twitched his whiskers with a smile. "Best hunter and swimmer in the clan, huh? I'd be more than happy to pass the title onto you, should you be worthy, heh!" He joked. He stood up proudly. "Alright, we'll go to this side of the river, across from the training field! We can fish some and practice swimming, that way you can show the others off by swimming to the training area, rather than using the crossing stones!" He nodded, before beckoning Mistpaw to follow him as he slowly began to move towards the clan entrance.

god i'm in psychology and on my laptop trying to post this incognito so forgive my mistakes lolol//
Goldenmist nodded towards the littler cat gently, nudging her shoulder. "I bet you'll be great at it! We can start tomorrow, if you'd like!" She exclaimed, before bounding after Emberclaw and his new apprentice, who she could see faintly through the trees. "Emberclaw! I see you're showing your apprentice the rounds! Mind if we tag along?" She questioned, checking to make sure Cedarpaw was close behind her. "Might be cool for them to have two deputies on the job!"

Falconpaw followed Emberclaw in awe, eyes wide. "So you've battled Stoneclan cats?" he gasped, clawing up the log and slipping off much less than gracefully in an embarrassing attempt to mimic his mentor. His long fur somehow already dirtied again, he struggled slightly to keep up, but was fueled with adrenaline nonetheless. "I don't think I've ever been this far outside of camp before!" He commented, trying to remember if he had hunted mice in this area before. Hearing Goldenmist's shout, he turned to Emberclaw. "Hey, what does she mean two - oh! I forgot that you used to be deputy!"

"Of course I have, that's a fox-brained question to ask," Emberclaw scoffed, slowing down and turning to look over his shoulder at the young tom. He flicked his ear as he heard Goldenmist's call, frowning and sitting himself down to wait for them. "Ah, Goldenmist... I suppose you can tag along, but do try to keep up... we're training warriors and I won't make Falconpaw's first day his easiest." He lifted his paw and lazily dragged his tongue along his fur, his eyes drifting slowly to the large she-cat as she came closer. He looked back to his apprentice and narrowed his eyes, "Hm..? Forgot? What, the Queens and elders don't talk about my time as deputy anymore?"

Mistpaw hopped up and scurried to follow Silvermane, bouncing happily behind him, "Ah, they'll be so impressed! Wait, are you the best hunter and swimmer in the Clan..? Wow, I got so lucky!" She smiled wide as she padded alongside him, glancing up at him from time to time in awe. "I'll try my best, I promise!"

Ratstep paced back and forth at the edge of Stoneclan territory, occasionally scratching at the roughened flagstone against his feet. He normally dreaded border patrol, but lately, Jaggedstar had been very quick to dole out punishments. So, though he wasn't hunting, the young warrior at least thought that maybe on the border he would see other clan’s cats. Being from Stoneclan, Ratstep was trained for combat from a young age, yet hadn’t yet faced it. The tom sighed with boredom and sat down near a taller stone, examining his furless black skin for thorns or dirt.

Dewstone quietly approached Fennelpaw in his den, as he didn’t want to interrupt the apprentice, who was perusing Dewstone’s corner of neatly stacked, but quickly diminishing herbs. “Fennelpaw,” he nudged his shoulder lightly, “how about we follow the other new apprentices down to the border? Even if you aren’t going to be a warrior, you should still see it, and we shouldn’t officially begin your training until your Starclan dream.”

Fennelpaw looked up at Dewstone and nodded gently, standing up quickly to follow his mentor to the border.

Goldenmist laughed. “I wouldn’t say I’m the one who needs to keep up!” She pipped, winking at Falconpaw. “Say, is that a grey hair?” She asked, leaning forward to closely examine his pelt before she playfully nipped at his ear, chuckling a “gotcha!” before being pounced on by Falconpaw.

“Hey! You can't do that to him!”

Goldenmist turned her head to face the red furball clinging onto her back with a smile, crouching down. “Oh yeah?” She encouraged him, about to say something before her thoughts were interrupted. “Hey, that's your brother!” She commented, seeing Dewstone approach with his apprentice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back