• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic 「 R E A P E R 」

Intro
  • vRH

eck
    「 R E A P E R 」

In the year [DATA REDACTED], a private corporation named [DATA REDACTED] was founded. While its name wasn't known by many, it had a very good reputation in the shadows of society. The corporation is known for giving top notch services and high-grade products to its clients, that even [DATA REDACTED] has considered it to be one of the most powerful companies in the world - especially when factoring in the corporation's field of expertise.

Team REAPER is a group of highly-skilled individuals, registered under [DATA REDACTED]'s services. The team is sent on various operations, both discreet and non-discreet, and has found no failures on its track record. Considered to be one of the best out there, Team REAPER is not a force to be reckoned with.

You are __________. The leader of Team REAPER.

>Input name and gender.

New Orders
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You are Mari Honoka, the leader of Team REAPER. You have a very interesting background - you served in the [DATA REDACTED] for several years, got promoted and transferred into [DATA REDACTED] as one of the high-ranking officials. Needless to say, your skill and out of the field is, without a doubt, top-notch.

You have been working for [DATA REDACTED] for about three years now, and you have no qualms about it - the benefits it provides you and the duties you have with it are completely within your interest and capability.

However, your time with Team REAPER isn't as long as one would expect - after all, it was formed just about a year ago. Even so, it has gained a pretty good reputation.

The date is [DATA REDACTED]. You have just received new orders from the higher-ups - a new mission has been assigned to you and your team. It had just been a week since your last mission, but that's just how it goes in this field. You leave your house, and headed off to your current base of operations.

About thirty or so minutes later, you arrived at your destination - a closed down, one-story building. It resembles any other warehouse you can find all around the world.

You knocked on the door, and a small slit on it opened, where a pair of eyes gazed on you - and you gazed back to it without hesitation. A second after, the slit was closed and the door was opened. You entered it, then shut the door by yourself.

The building was quite spacious, compared to a warehouse. There were no stack of crates, nor piles of barrels. There was just various makeshift furniture, such as a bunch of boxes to form desks and tables, a somewhat-aged sofa, and a bunch of wires connected to several devices, which laid on top of a large, rectangular crate. There were other things scattered around, like several discarded magazines, crushed soda cans, and more.

You scanned the area, and a familiar face caught your eye.

To the far left of your peripheral vision, was a somewhat young man dressed for winter - he wore a coat, a beanie, gloves, and even trench boots. He also had a handkerchief on his face as a face mask. This guy was a recent addition to the team, but he had been showing his worth, both to you and the rest of the team.

"Captain!", he stood from the small box he sat on top on.

You nodded. He sat back down, took a phone out of his pocket and got himself busy.

You walked onward. Eventually, you sat down on the sofa.

As far as you know, the team had 5 five members. Including you. So why is it that there are only two of you here?

WHAT IS THE MAN'S NAME?

> Input name.

WHAT NEXT?

[1] Ask <NAME> if it's only him in here.
    [2] Ask <NAME> where the rest of the team is.
    [3] Order <NAME> to recall the team.
    [4] Order <NAME> to help you in gathering the team.

New Orders II
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

That man is Ardon Lichendorff, a recent addition to Team REAPER. According to his profile, he graduated top of his class, and got hired by [DATA REDACTED], and worked for them for about two years before he left and migrated to [DATA REDACTED]. There, he was passed on from one company to another, his service often only lasting for about three to five months. Eventually, [DATA REDACTED] caught sight of him due to his excellent performance, and endorsed him to be hired by [DATA REDATED].

After several months of re-orientation and training, Ardon Lichendorff was finally added into [DATA REDACTED]'s ever-growing list of service personnel. It wasn't long until he was endorsed to be added into Team REAPER, and got you and [DATA REDACTED]'s approval. From what you've seen on his profile, and what he has shown so far - he definitely is one skilled individual.

"Lichendorff.", you called out. You didn't want to call him by his first name, given that he still isn't part of the team that long and you've been used to calling people by their surnames since your time in [DATA REDACTED].

He turned sideways and looked at you. "Yes, Captain?"

"Where are the others?"

You looked at the ground for one second, then to his phone. And finally, back at you. "I have no idea, Captain.", he said with slight hesitation. "After we finished last week, they just left."

"I see."

Ardon turned his attention back to his phone, and started to press buttons quickly.

"What are you doing? Sending a report?", you asked.

"No, Captain.", he responded. "I'm messaging them to head over here."

"Hm. Good work."

Ardon looked at you. "Thank you, Captain.", he then, returned his attention back to his phone.

IT MIGHT TAKE A WHILE BEFORE THE OTHERS ARRIVE.

[1] Prepare you materials for briefing. It pays off to be ready.
    [2] Take a quick nap. You need as much rest as you can before this all starts.
    [3] Converse with Lichendorff. He's part of the team now, he needs to trust you, as you need to trust him.
    [4] Write-in.

New Orders III
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

"So, Lichendorff.", you said. "How's the team been treating you so far?"

He glanced at you for a second, then chuckled softly. "I'm fine, Captain. You don't need to worry about me."

"I'm genuinely curious, Lichendorff." You didn't retract your gaze from him.

"They've been good to me.", he spoke without looking at you.

Of course, after the experience you've got in this job, and several others, you know that it wasn't the truth. "That's a lie.", you bluntly said, with your gaze still fixated on him.

Ardon chuckled softly again.

"Just tell me, Lichendorff."

He remained silent for a short moment. "Can you keep what I'm about to say secret, Captain?"

You didn't answer.

"Please, Captain.", he pleaded. "I don't want them to treat me differently just because of some outside factor. I want to earn my place genuinely."

"Very well." You took a deep breath. "You have my word."

"Alright.", Ardon said. He, then began to talk about how the rest of the team treated him - distant, but not cold. They often participate in small talks with him, but generally don't engage in conversations like you did. He told you about several instances about how they ordered him around, and that one incident wherein they ganged up on him during a game of dares. There was a lot more that he spoke about, but none of them sounded too drastic for you to act upon.

While this may sound terrible, it was a common occurrence in the military - a new recruit getting treated harshly by older members, and justify it as 'toughening them up'. Ardon doesn't seem to be disturbed by this, however, and seems to be used to it. In fact, he spoke of it as if they were unforgettable memories to him.

Still, for a team like this, you'd need as much team coordination as you could get. So, you kept what he said in mind - noting to yourself to concoct some team-building activities to shorten the gap between Lichendorff and the rest of the team.

"I see.", you said.

"Don't worry about me, Captain.", he responded. "I'll get to their good side soon enough."

Your conversation was put to a hold when you and Lichendorff heard someone knocking on the door.

[1] You open the door.
    [2] Tell Lichendorff to open the door.

BONUS
    Who is knocking the door?

[1] A male.
    [2] A female.

New Orders IV
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

Ardon was about to rise from his seat when you gestured him that it wasn't necessary. Instead, you stood and approached the door. The knocking continued for about a few seconds, until you opened the slit from the inside, and gazed at who was out there.

It was one of your team - Helene Bjerg. You closed the slit and opened the door, allowing her to enter the building. Upon doing so, she nodded at you, and spoke with a firm tone. "Captain.", She, then, continued all the way in and went to the dark corners of the area. You closed the door and returned to your seat. Helene came back dragging a plastic chair to the center and sat down there.

Once she was sitting down, she acknowledged Ardon's presence with a quick nod. Then, she turned her gaze towards you.

"New mission, captain?", she asked. To a common folk, her gaze was intimidating. Not to mention the was she speaks and presents herself. While that you too were somewhat intimidated by her in the early days, that eventually faded off as you realized that is was how she actually was, and not just her trying for a good first impression.

You nodded at her, not averting your gaze.

She began to close and open her right fist, and turned her attention to it.

"How's your arm?", you asked her.

In one of your past mission, way back before Ardon got in, certain complications arose and you and your team had to improvise as the challenges grew harder and harder. Eventually, during that time, the team got into a situation that seemed impossible to get out of, but Helene's unrelenting personality helped you push through it and come out on top. However, it came with a price - she was badly injured, and got most of her upper right torso badly damaged.

She miraculously survived that, with the help of [DATA REDACTED], who provided for her health services and rehabilitation. Now, near half of her chest, including her right arm, is comprised of various bionic parts. While she was offered a more human look for her 'new parts', she declined the offer and kept them as they are - in its base metallic color. Recently, it had to be sent to repair, after the damages it sustained during the last mission.

Helene turned her gaze back to you again.

"Good so far.", she answered. "It's feels lighter, but I'll get used to it soon enough."

All of a sudden, you felt vibrations on the pocket of your coat - your phone was ringing. You took it out, and gazed on the screen as a message was shown on it.

NO CALLER ID

Apparently, someone was calling you.

From an unknown number.

[1] Answer the phone.
    [2] Don't answer.

New Orders V
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You answered the call.

"Who is this?", you immediately said.

A rather familiar voice answered back. "Guess who~"

Your brows furrowed and your eyes closed as you sighed deeply. You knew who this was exactly. The very voice alone was unmistakable for you.

It was Beatrice Baker. The one who came up with the team's name. Compared to the rest of the team, she is the one who stands out. Not because she is better, but because she is just too carefree and uncontrolled. While Helene may show some recklessness, and Ardon might be hesitant in some situations, Beatrice was straight up unpredictable - you could never tell what was going on in that hyper-active mind of hers.

You may have been friends with her for a long time, starting way back since the two of you graduated from [DATA REDACTED], but that does not necessarily mean you understand her fully. Sometimes, you just wished she'd act normal for once, and stopped being the eccentric person that she is.

"Why are you calling from a different number?", you asked.

"Why not?", she replied. You could easily picture her with a smirk as you heard this. "I've got plenty of phones. Might as well use them."

"Do I need to remind you that this network we're using needs to be kept secure?"

You heard her grumble, but before you were able to comment, she dropped the call. You sighed deeply as you placed the phone back on your pocket. "Seriously...", you muttered as you massaged your forehead.

"Was it Baker?", Helene said.

"Yes."

"What did she do now?"

"She called from a different line."

"Hm.", Helene said nonchalantly.

With Beatrice's call, your network might have been compromised by outsiders. While this doesn't necessarily affect you right now, it might hit you in the back later. Ardon's expertise in the field of intelligence might be able to patch this up, but it's not necessary as you could all simply discard your current phones and ask the higher-ups for a network change.

Seeing your thinking look, Ardon turned to you. "Should I do something about it, captain?"

[1] Yes.
    [2] No.

New Orders VI
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You told Ardon to do his thing. He stood up, grabbed a bag on the side, and took out a small tablet from it. He, then plugged in a cable, connecting the tablet to a system of several wires that led to the group of devices on top of the crate. After a few seconds, he began to work on the job - checking for any breaches in your network and fixing them.

Knocking noises resonate from the door once more, but Helene doesn't even let you act - she immediately opens it without checking through the slit. A large man enters through, who hurriedly goes in, grabs a chair, then sits down.

"Apologies, captain.", he greeted you with a nod. "I had to take care of some personal business."

You nod back at him in silence.

Helene closes the door and returns to her seat.

This large man is Calvin Merrill. Originally, he was designated to be the muscle of the team, but Helene's presence overshadows him. He was recommended by [DATA REDACTED], and got the fastest approval from the higher ups compared to the rest of the team. Surprisingly, he is a rather gentle giant when you're not on the job.

The two idle in silence as Ardon does his job, and you wait for the last member, Beatrice Baker, to arrive.

After several minutes, Ardon get finished on his job, and reports back to you.

"It should be fine now, captain.", he said. "There were no breaches, but I added another layer of security measures just in case."

"Good job."

As Ardon returned to his seat, knocking came from the door again. Without any hesitation, Ardon rushed towards the door, checked through the slit, and opened it.

Beatrice has finally arrived in the building. But something was odd.

"Uh...captain?", Ardon commented as he closed the door.

Beatrice walked further in. She looked the same, except for one thing - her hair which originally was brunette, was now dyed neon pink. What was worse was that she flaunted it to the entire team. While normally this isn't really something of big impact, but in your field, this is most certainly one terrible thing. In fact, it might prove to be quite a hindrance to your performance.

"What the fuck.", Helene shouted, holding back her laughter.

"Woah.", Calvin said.

"Amazing, isn't it?", Beatrice said, clearly proud of what she had done.

HOW DO YOU REACT?

[1] Disappointed.
    [2] Angry.
    [3] Confused.
    [4] Indifferent.

New Orders VII
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

"Why?", you sighed. Clearly, just from her call earlier, you expected something from Beatrice, but not this. Sure, changing hair color isn't really an atrocious thing, but why did she have to choose a color that would stand out in most environments? Just why? You didn't know.

This right here, is one of the reasons you simply cannot understand about her. You've known her for years, and yet she still does these kind of things that you simply cannot find a logical reason for.

"Why?", Beatrice replied. "Well, because-"

"You know what? It doesn't matter.", you stopped her. "Let's just get this done."

The next moments that followed were you and Ardon working on the devices, preparing to relay the orders that have been given to you. You dragged a whiteboard from the dark corners of the room, as Ardon inserted a memory stick on a module connected to the grouped-up devices, and worked on them.

The others, in the background, caught up with each other.

After a few minutes, Ardon gave you the 'OK' signal and returned to his former seat.

Finally, it was time for what you gathered your team here for - to be briefed on the new orders your team has been given. They were all sitting down on each of their respective seats, doing their own thing.

"Alright.", you started. They immediately faced you and turned their attention to you. "You already know why you got called here."

"New mission.", Helene commented.

"New orders.", Ardon and Calvin simultaneously spoke.

And of course, Beatrice just had to give a very different comment. "To party, yeah!", she said, her hands up in the air.

You stared at her for a few seconds before she put her hands back down, cleared her throat, and answered again. "I mean, we got new orders."

LOOKS LIKE BEATRICE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM TODAY

[1] Warn her that if she continues, she's going to get punished.
    [2] Give her a direct order to stop her shenanigans.
    [3] Ignore her, and continue with the briefing.

New Orders VIII
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You warned Beatrice with an intimidating glare, which she understood and finally nodded. You could even see her mouth the word 'alright'. With that settled, you continued the briefing - hopefully this time, without Beatrice's shenanigans.

"We've been given new orders.", you said. "As you already know, the details about the client is kept private for security reasons."

You moved towards the grouped-up devices on top of the crate, and pressed a button. After a second, a screen was projected onto the whiteboard. It showed satellite images of a building - it seemed like any average building you could find in an industrial area, but it is somewhat isolated from the actual cities. It was located on the snow-covered terrains of Russia, somewhere near the edges of a rural forestry in one of the nation's provinces.

One could easily think of it as just another abandoned building, but with a deeper look, one would see that it is something else entirely. There are a bunch of disposed supply crates stacked near its premises, as well as several vehicles that appear to be frequently coming and going. What's more was that those weren't mere vehicles, they appeared to be military-esque ones.

"Somewhere in this building, is a package that we need to retrieve.", you continued. "Now, we still have no confirmation if this is property of the Russian government or just some other private company. I don't need to tell you to be extra careful on this mission - we don't want to grab attention, especially from a nation with a strong military."

"So it's just a plain retrieval mission?", Helene asked.

"With the info I've been handed, that is what it seems to be.", you replied. "But I will try to see if I can find out more about it."

Helene nodded.

"Any other questions?"

Nobody answered.

"Alright.", you continued. "This is what you've been waiting for."

You cleared your throat for a short moment, then finally spoke once more. "If we pull this through, we'll be getting...at least a hundred grand each."

Each one of them had different reactions. Some were surprised, some got hyped up. Immediately, you could see that their spirits got lifted and they were all starting to get pumped up, even though their break had just been cut short.

FOR THIS MISSION, WHO WILL YOU BRING TO THE FIELD WITH YOU?
    *Maximum of three.

[1] Helene - Her brute force will be of great use, and her combat skills aren't something to underestimate. She can, at the very least, beat an entire squad on her own. Granted, she's a bit difficult to control as she often goes around relying on her instincts.

[2] Calvin - While not as hard-hitting as the former, Calvin offers a well-rounded set of skills that can be utilized in various situations. His size and mannerisms might be a problem in rare cases, but he's shown a consistent performance so far.

[3] Ardon - Though he may be more inclined with recon and intelligence, he isn't slacking in the field either. He has shown his skills in infiltration and stealth, but still have to prove more. A lack of experience might make him a liability, unfortunately.

[4] Beatrice - You have forged a seemingly unbreakable bond with her, and know for sure that she can do anything, and she does it in excellent executions, too. But her unpredictability has more often, than not, made things a bit more complex than you expected them, or wanted them to be.

New Orders IX
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

"Any questions?", you asked. None of them answered, which only means that they had none. After all, from the time you've all been together, none of these people were hesitant in voicing their opinions. "Very well."

You turned pressed a button on one of the devices, and the projected screen on the whiteboard disappeared after a second. Then, you turned your gaze back to them.

"Lichendorff. Bjerg. Beatrice.", you called to them. "You're coming with me to Russia. Pack up your things, we leave by tomorrow evening."

The two nodded, and Beatriced pointed towards you with her finger gun. Calvin, on the other hand, looked at you, as if asking what he was to do.

"You'll be supporting us from here, Merrill."

"Understood, captain.", the big man responded with a gentle nod.

"That is all. Dismissed.", you marked the end of the briefing.

Helene was the first to stand and leave, then Ardon. Beatrice continued to bother you for a short moment before she finally left to get ready. Calvin decided to stay, saying that he wanted to be familiarized with Ardon's gadgets in the building.

You took a deep breath, and sat down on the sofa. You drew your phone from your pocket, and opened a file entitled 'Mission77_Prep'.

In it, is a list of several tasks that will help the mission to run as smooth as possible. And while you have enough time to accomplish them all, there's no knowing there'll be no complications in doing any of them.

WHICH ONE WILL YOU PRIORITIZE?

[1] Arrange transportation.
    [2] Obtain more info on the mission.
    [3] Prepare your things.
    [4] <<ALTERNATIVE>> Request the higher ups in [DATA REDACTED] to do all the prep work and hope it's done accordingly.

New Orders X
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You decided to prioritize preparing your things first. It won't take long enough, you might as well do it now.

So, you rose from your seat. Before you left the building, you tapped Merrill on the shoulder, and told him to lock the place up when he's done. He responds with an affirmative nod. Once that was done, you were off.

You rode a cab back to your current residence. It was a simple, two-story house, somewhere near the city outskirts - not too blended in the crowds, but not too isolated either. You only bought it to serve its purpose after all, should there be any changes that would force you to leave it and change location, you'd do it without hesitation.

Inside the house, you wasted no time. You immediately packed up your necessities in an ordinary briefcase, and closed it. The necessities were done, but your gear was next.

You grabbed another briefcase from under the bed - this time, it was decorated with a bunch of stickers. Well, they were more of tiny badges and emblem, rather than stickers. You opened it, and inside were your equipment - a bulletproof vest, some communication devices, a set of plain but purposeful clothing, and some weapons - the ones you've been using since you got placed in team REAPER.

WHAT IS YOUR PRIMARY WEAPON?

[1] An assault rifle - balanced, and easily adaptable. It has a consistent performance, but nothing makes it shine too much.

[2] A sniper rifle - powerful, but difficult. It can easily bring devastation from afar, but finds big difficulty on shorter ranges.

[3] A sub machine gun - raw firepower, though difficult to control. The inconsistency of its aim and spread tend to be a hindrance on prolonged fights.

[4] A shotgun - strong, but slow. Shines the most on close range fights, but once the target gets further, you might as well use a secondary.

WHAT IS YOUR SECONDARY WEAPON?

[1] A handgun - while it doesn't have the same impact as a primary weapon, it can serve the same purpose if used correctly.

[2] A dagger - a staple in close range fights, capable to rending flesh and piercing through leather.

[3] A baton - unlike the former, it can't incise, but can definitely give some blunt force and trauma.

[4] A stun gun - mainly used to restrain and tranquilize targets, but aside from that, it doesn't get much use.

[5] None - you don't use any secondaries.

New Orders XI
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

In there was a sniper rifle, disassembled into three separate parts to fit the briefcase. You can easily reassemble it when the time for its use arrives, as you have done so many times now. Beside these parts, was a dagger, sheathed within a dark, leather scabbard - it was your sidearm, a trusty tool you've used in close combat.

You closed the briefcase shortly after inspecting its contents, and placed it beside the other one that contained your ordinary necessities.

And thus, your preparation was done. Granted, it took a few minutes or so, but you didn't even break a sweat in doing it.

You turned your gaze towards the wall clock. There's still plenty of time to do everything.

WHAT WILL YOU DO NEXT?

[1] Arrange transportation.
    [2] Obtain more info on the mission.
    [3] <<ALTERNATIVE>> Request the higher ups in [DATA REDACTED] to do the prep work and hope it's done accordingly.

New Orders XII
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

Now that you're finished with the preparations of your things, you decided to try if you can obtain more details about the mission. It's not that you don't trust your team, or don't trust the higher-ups, you just know that things would run smoother if you had more info.

Granted, you've done missions with way less info before and came out on top, but you simply couldn't shake off the urge to do it. Your thoughts were on that as you brought the two briefcases near the front door, and dropped them down on the ground.

Then, you took your phone, and opened it. After tapping a few buttons, a list of contacts showed up on the screen, and after yet another set of pressed buttons, the list was trimmed down to a few entries.

These were your contacts for information.

With your mind set on getting more insight on the mission, you decided to call one of them.

WHO WILL YOU CALL?

[1] Douglas Fields - An old friend. A really old one. His long life has been prolonged by various bionic projects he had gotten access to from his service in the old days. He has always guaranteed results, though it takes quite a while for him to fetch it for you.

[2] Pertra Holland - A colleague of yours, back when you worked for [DATA REDACTED]. She's very professional and is steadily rising to the top ranks. She gives you good results, but her schedule has a tendency of becoming a hindrance to aiding you.

[3] The Nameless - An acquaintance you have not yet met in person. He is said to be working for a secret organization. His results are always super detailed, but he rarely answers back.

[4] Lucas Hartmann - Your current superior. He's very tactful opportunist, always asking for a return when doing favors. He'll bring you what you need, but for a price.

New Orders - XIII
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You decided to call Petra Holland. You pressed her name, and then the call button that followed after. The phone ringed for about a few minutes, until you hear it getting picked up.

"Mari.", the voice of a female spoke through it. "It's been a while."

"It has been, indeed, Holland.", you responded.

"What is it this time?", Petra asked.

"Hm?"

"You don't call for no reason."

"I called you to chat with me."

"You and I both know we don't have time for that.", Petra softly chuckled. "And if we did, we'd rather spend it on something more constructive."

"That is true.", a small smile formed on your face for a short moment.

"So?", she asked once more. "What is it?"

"Yes.", you "I need some more info on a mission I've got."

"You got a code for it?"

"Yes. It's 242-809-077."

"Got it. When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"I see.", she paused for a second or two. You could hear voices in the background calling for Petra. "It might take a while for me to bring it to you, but I'll try to get done with it as soon as possible."

"Understood.", you responded. "Thanks, Holland."

"I'm gonna add this to my pile of unclaimed favors."

You chuckled softy. "You can claim them anytime."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Alright. I have to go, there's still quite a lot for me to prep for."

"Likewise. See you when I see you."

The call was finally dropped. Though you will have to wait for Petra's results, that matter should count as resolved for now. What's left was arranging your team's transportation.

Fortunately, you have a few ideas ready.

[1] Travel by ship. Takes a while, but cheap.
    [2] Travel by public plane. A bit faster than by naval travel, though it might be quite conspicuous for your team.
    [3] Travel by private plane. Very costly, but more discreet compared to the former options.
    [4] Military drop-off. Requires the usage of favors and connections, but most efficient.

New Orders XIV
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You decided to travel by ship. Sure, the travel might take a while, but it shouldn't really matter that much. Besides, it's a lot cheaper compared to the other options you had in mind. So, using your phone, you went ahead and booked three tickets to a ship - one which leaves by tomorrow evening, just as you planned.

After that you did the other preparations, which took quite a while, but you were finished by the end of the day - which led you to taking your well-deserved rest at your home. You flop down onto the bed, not even bothering to change clothes. As your head was enveloped by the soft pillow, and your body slowly sunk onto the somewhat-worn mattress, you doze off without even knowing it.

You woke up the following morning with a grunt. You opened your eyes slowly, your vision still somewhat blurry - the sight of a plain ceiling with the light on welcomed you. This led to you moving your right arm and covering your eyes from the unexpected brilliance, as you let out yet another grunt. With effort, you managed to sit upright, and take a short, but good look at yourself.

You gazed at your disheveled clothes with no reaction. One of your shoes has fallen to the ground, whilst the other was still worn by your left foot.

You let out a yawn, as you tilted your head and cracked your knuckles.

Then, you took your phone out of your pocket, which was miraculously still there, and checked the time.

09:14

"Hm.", you muttered. You dropped the phone on the mattress and stood up.

Today is the day.

[1] Prepare some quick breakfast for yourself.
    [2] Refresh yourself - bathe and clean up.
    [3] Idle around for a little bit longer.

New Orders XV
  • 「 R E A P E R 」

You took a bath shortly after you rose from the bed - not only cleaning yourself, but also refreshing yourself. You exit the bath with a clear mind and renewed vigor. After such, you grabbed a quick breakfast from outside and returned back to your house.

It was still hours away before your departure, so you did what you would do with you free time as usual - prepping yourself up by going to a training facility and honing your skill set through using the various features of the facility - shooting ranges, obstacle courses, and the like. You finished in more or less 4 hours, and returned back home.

When the time came, you picked up your gear and departed your home - heading towards the pier via a cab. The rest followed suit smoothly - the arrival of your teammates, your entry to the ship, and the naval vessel's departure from the docks. It didn't take a while before you were sailing the seas.

You and your companions have taken care of what must be taken care of - the room you would have slept in, setting up your things, making sure of your privacy, etc. Helene immediately dropped onto the bed with a loud sigh and slept, while Ardon brought out a small tablet from his pack and began to fiddle with it. Beatrice, on the other hand, went out of the room hastily, saying that she's going to "enjoy the trip".

The trip will take for about a day before you reach your destination.

[1] Rest for the night.
    [2] Head out and join Beatrice.
    [3] Talk with Lichendorff.
    [4] Head out and investigate the ship, and those who are on it.

Back