• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic 「 R E A P E R 」

Intro

vRH

eck
「 R E A P E R 」

In the year [DATA REDACTED], a private corporation named [DATA REDACTED] was founded. While its name wasn't known by many, it had a very good reputation in the shadows of society. The corporation is known for giving top notch services and high-grade products to its clients, that even [DATA REDACTED] has considered it to be one of the most powerful companies in the world - especially when factoring in the corporation's field of expertise.

Team REAPER is a group of highly-skilled individuals, registered under [DATA REDACTED]'s services. The team is sent on various operations, both discreet and non-discreet, and has found no failures on its track record. Considered to be one of the best out there, Team REAPER is not a force to be reckoned with.

You are __________. The leader of Team REAPER.

>Input name and gender.

Makoto Honami, Neutral ( let's fucking multiverse this shit! XD )

New Orders
「 R E A P E R 」

You are Mari Honoka, the leader of Team REAPER. You have a very interesting background - you served in the [DATA REDACTED] for several years, got promoted and transferred into [DATA REDACTED] as one of the high-ranking officials. Needless to say, your skill and out of the field is, without a doubt, top-notch.

You have been working for [DATA REDACTED] for about three years now, and you have no qualms about it - the benefits it provides you and the duties you have with it are completely within your interest and capability.

However, your time with Team REAPER isn't as long as one would expect - after all, it was formed just about a year ago. Even so, it has gained a pretty good reputation.

The date is [DATA REDACTED]. You have just received new orders from the higher-ups - a new mission has been assigned to you and your team. It had just been a week since your last mission, but that's just how it goes in this field. You leave your house, and headed off to your current base of operations.

About thirty or so minutes later, you arrived at your destination - a closed down, one-story building. It resembles any other warehouse you can find all around the world.

You knocked on the door, and a small slit on it opened, where a pair of eyes gazed on you - and you gazed back to it without hesitation. A second after, the slit was closed and the door was opened. You entered it, then shut the door by yourself.

The building was quite spacious, compared to a warehouse. There were no stack of crates, nor piles of barrels. There was just various makeshift furniture, such as a bunch of boxes to form desks and tables, a somewhat-aged sofa, and a bunch of wires connected to several devices, which laid on top of a large, rectangular crate. There were other things scattered around, like several discarded magazines, crushed soda cans, and more.

You scanned the area, and a familiar face caught your eye.

To the far left of your peripheral vision, was a somewhat young man dressed for winter - he wore a coat, a beanie, gloves, and even trench boots. He also had a handkerchief on his face as a face mask. This guy was a recent addition to the team, but he had been showing his worth, both to you and the rest of the team.

"Captain!", he stood from the small box he sat on top on.

You nodded. He sat back down, took a phone out of his pocket and got himself busy.

You walked onward. Eventually, you sat down on the sofa.

As far as you know, the team had 5 five members. Including you. So why is it that there are only two of you here?

WHAT IS THE MAN'S NAME?

> Input name.

WHAT NEXT?

[1] Ask <NAME> if it's only him in here.
[2] Ask <NAME> where the rest of the team is.
[3] Order <NAME> to recall the team.
[4] Order <NAME> to help you in gathering the team.

His name is clearly Norwin Grube - I mean, look at him...

And I don't think we need to give him orders, he'll get the general idea when we just ask him why the others overslept - [2] it is.

> Jorge Spinse (I dunno random name)
[2] Ask <NAME> where the rest of the team is.

Well since I don't really think we'll get anywhere if we just keep suggesting names I'll vote for one instead!
>Ardon Lichendorff
[2] Ask <Ardon Lichendorff> where the rest of the team is.

New Orders II
「 R E A P E R 」

That man is Ardon Lichendorff, a recent addition to Team REAPER. According to his profile, he graduated top of his class, and got hired by [DATA REDACTED], and worked for them for about two years before he left and migrated to [DATA REDACTED]. There, he was passed on from one company to another, his service often only lasting for about three to five months. Eventually, [DATA REDACTED] caught sight of him due to his excellent performance, and endorsed him to be hired by [DATA REDATED].

After several months of re-orientation and training, Ardon Lichendorff was finally added into [DATA REDACTED]'s ever-growing list of service personnel. It wasn't long until he was endorsed to be added into Team REAPER, and got you and [DATA REDACTED]'s approval. From what you've seen on his profile, and what he has shown so far - he definitely is one skilled individual.

"Lichendorff.", you called out. You didn't want to call him by his first name, given that he still isn't part of the team that long and you've been used to calling people by their surnames since your time in [DATA REDACTED].

He turned sideways and looked at you. "Yes, Captain?"

"Where are the others?"

You looked at the ground for one second, then to his phone. And finally, back at you. "I have no idea, Captain.", he said with slight hesitation. "After we finished last week, they just left."

"I see."

Ardon turned his attention back to his phone, and started to press buttons quickly.

"What are you doing? Sending a report?", you asked.

"No, Captain.", he responded. "I'm messaging them to head over here."

"Hm. Good work."

Ardon looked at you. "Thank you, Captain.", he then, returned his attention back to his phone.

IT MIGHT TAKE A WHILE BEFORE THE OTHERS ARRIVE.

[1] Prepare you materials for briefing. It pays off to be ready.
[2] Take a quick nap. You need as much rest as you can before this all starts.
[3] Converse with Lichendorff. He's part of the team now, he needs to trust you, as you need to trust him.
[4] Write-in.

[3] Gotta make sure that we know more about our squad - might save us one day. Also, we probably improvised the last few meetings anyway, one more without any preparation really doesn't make a difference.

[1] Prepare you materials for briefing. It pays off to be ready.

New Orders III
「 R E A P E R 」

"So, Lichendorff.", you said. "How's the team been treating you so far?"

He glanced at you for a second, then chuckled softly. "I'm fine, Captain. You don't need to worry about me."

"I'm genuinely curious, Lichendorff." You didn't retract your gaze from him.

"They've been good to me.", he spoke without looking at you.

Of course, after the experience you've got in this job, and several others, you know that it wasn't the truth. "That's a lie.", you bluntly said, with your gaze still fixated on him.

Ardon chuckled softly again.

"Just tell me, Lichendorff."

He remained silent for a short moment. "Can you keep what I'm about to say secret, Captain?"

You didn't answer.

"Please, Captain.", he pleaded. "I don't want them to treat me differently just because of some outside factor. I want to earn my place genuinely."

"Very well." You took a deep breath. "You have my word."

"Alright.", Ardon said. He, then began to talk about how the rest of the team treated him - distant, but not cold. They often participate in small talks with him, but generally don't engage in conversations like you did. He told you about several instances about how they ordered him around, and that one incident wherein they ganged up on him during a game of dares. There was a lot more that he spoke about, but none of them sounded too drastic for you to act upon.

While this may sound terrible, it was a common occurrence in the military - a new recruit getting treated harshly by older members, and justify it as 'toughening them up'. Ardon doesn't seem to be disturbed by this, however, and seems to be used to it. In fact, he spoke of it as if they were unforgettable memories to him.

Still, for a team like this, you'd need as much team coordination as you could get. So, you kept what he said in mind - noting to yourself to concoct some team-building activities to shorten the gap between Lichendorff and the rest of the team.

"I see.", you said.

"Don't worry about me, Captain.", he responded. "I'll get to their good side soon enough."

Your conversation was put to a hold when you and Lichendorff heard someone knocking on the door.

[1] You open the door.
[2] Tell Lichendorff to open the door.

BONUS
Who is knocking the door?

[1] A male.
[2] A female.

[1] Open the door - pretty certain that we have the capabilities to do that after years of training, no need to ask for help.

[2] If it's a coworker, we gotta make sure to satisfy the female quota or we're in for trouble in the long run. If it's not - well, damn...

[1] Open the door - pretty certain that we have the capabilities to do that after years of training, no need to ask for help.

[2] If it's a coworker, we gotta make sure to satisfy the female quota or we're in for trouble in the long run. If it's not - well, damn...
I’m with this option tbh

[1] You open the door.
[2] A female.

New Orders IV
「 R E A P E R 」

Ardon was about to rise from his seat when you gestured him that it wasn't necessary. Instead, you stood and approached the door. The knocking continued for about a few seconds, until you opened the slit from the inside, and gazed at who was out there.

It was one of your team - Helene Bjerg. You closed the slit and opened the door, allowing her to enter the building. Upon doing so, she nodded at you, and spoke with a firm tone. "Captain.", She, then, continued all the way in and went to the dark corners of the area. You closed the door and returned to your seat. Helene came back dragging a plastic chair to the center and sat down there.

Once she was sitting down, she acknowledged Ardon's presence with a quick nod. Then, she turned her gaze towards you.

"New mission, captain?", she asked. To a common folk, her gaze was intimidating. Not to mention the was she speaks and presents herself. While that you too were somewhat intimidated by her in the early days, that eventually faded off as you realized that is was how she actually was, and not just her trying for a good first impression.

You nodded at her, not averting your gaze.

She began to close and open her right fist, and turned her attention to it.

"How's your arm?", you asked her.

In one of your past mission, way back before Ardon got in, certain complications arose and you and your team had to improvise as the challenges grew harder and harder. Eventually, during that time, the team got into a situation that seemed impossible to get out of, but Helene's unrelenting personality helped you push through it and come out on top. However, it came with a price - she was badly injured, and got most of her upper right torso badly damaged.

She miraculously survived that, with the help of [DATA REDACTED], who provided for her health services and rehabilitation. Now, near half of her chest, including her right arm, is comprised of various bionic parts. While she was offered a more human look for her 'new parts', she declined the offer and kept them as they are - in its base metallic color. Recently, it had to be sent to repair, after the damages it sustained during the last mission.

Helene turned her gaze back to you again.

"Good so far.", she answered. "It's feels lighter, but I'll get used to it soon enough."

All of a sudden, you felt vibrations on the pocket of your coat - your phone was ringing. You took it out, and gazed on the screen as a message was shown on it.

NO CALLER ID

Apparently, someone was calling you.

From an unknown number.

[1] Answer the phone.
[2] Don't answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back