• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic γ€Š CU4O4 - A Cyberpunk RP 》

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

4O4

β™• β€’ ❝ R e i - H i m e ❞ β€’ β™•
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ γ€Š CU4O4 - A Cyberpunk RP 》 πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ

2085, a year where the people from the past hoped to find peace and technological Advancements for everybody. And, while the advancements came rushing in, the world could not be less peaceful, without breaking out in a war. Crime, for many, was as much of a part of life as the daily coffee for others. The underground scene has grown beyond governmental control causing them to become part of the scheme as well, though all the higher class people like to pretend the world is perfect...

A mysterious girl, known as CU4O4 was part of the crimes that happened day in and day out. Her identity was a mystery to everyone, though she even met with clients. Nobody knew who she really was, even though almost every day news would tell of the sites, and companies she hacked, the firewalls she broke and the newest body parts that were found with her name engraved on them. She was a genius when it came to being a complete mystery and the only living being that ever saw her face and lived beyond that point was her dog Pho; a caramel chow chow who was the face of many of her public stunts.

Yet, even though people began to suspect that CU4O4 couldn’t possibly be just one human, the person behind it all was just an ordinary girl. Rei was her name, given to her by her mother 16 years ago when things seemed to be much better, and when namely said mother was still alive. After her death, Rei shut herself in, to never been seen again. And with just a dog and loads of money as your best friends, things did get lonely, even when having business meetings then and again. That loneliness, unbeknownst to her, would soon be gone…

γ€Š Find out more, and most importantly, how you can join, below! 》

β™‘β—‹β™‘

γ€Š Details 》

Anyone that is literate can join.
If you are interested in the plot, simply reply in the character thread with the role you want and, if you have that, your character that you will use and I will happily roleplay with you.
I don't care about the gender of your character and I am completely LGBTQ+-friendly. The roleplay can get romantic if you want it to, whenever the transition would be natural and fitting.
The first one to join gets to choose which starter is the one the roleplay starts with.
Multiple people can be in the roles, but please ask the ones that are already in/also want to join the role if they are okay with it. I don't mind!
If the roleplay already is going, and you want to join in send a reply in the separate thread and we'll all figure out how to get you into the roleplay!
If you have role suggestions hit me up in the privates
Inspirations for this RP are: Detroit: Become Human, Cyberpunk 2077, Watchdogs, Akira and Ghost in the Shell. You don't need to know any of these to participate!

β™‘β—‹β™‘

γ€Š Your Character is: The Bodyguard 》

Rei opened her eyes to stare at her perfectly white ceiling with a star-shaped lamp shining soft yellow light onto her body that was spread across the floor. She turned her head, her face now buried in the soft fur of her dog that let her use him as a pillow most of the time.
For an hour she had been thinking about it now, and finally, she made a decision; She needed a bodyguard for certain jobs. Her hand trailed over her thigh where multiple blue-ish purple bruises rested since her last client accused her of frying his neurochip after not following her instructions. And there are no laws in underground business.
Reaching for her phone she entered an URL she noted down earlier and, with a few simple taps, ordered herself a trustworthy looking bodyguard and completed the payment after entering the time and place they would meet at.

This was two days ago, and today was the day. Rei slipped her stockings on, which showed the bruises through the sheer white fabric. And fixed her skirt, before slipping her glasses and her mask on.
She pat Pho on his large head and kissed his nose, keeping him away from the door. "I know you want to come but it's too dangerous baby... I'll be back!" She slipped her shoes on, grabbed her bag and left, going to where she would meet her chosen protector.

After taking a rather shady cab Rei walked toward a bench near a hot dog stand that advertised itself with flashy colors and an excited salesman. It was hot out and Rei moved her sunhat a little so that the glaring sun would burn her retinas out. She stretched patiently waiting for her bodyguard to arrive.

β™‘β—‹β™‘

γ€Š Your Character is: The Enemy 》

Rei had done it again. She hacked and effectively ruined the network of one of her biggest enemies. Joyous of her victory, knowing the digital turf would be hers alone for a while, she leaned back and closed her laptop. Her vision focused on the artificially living park before her. She sighed, raised her body from the bench she had been on and walked right past it into an alleyway to deliver a small package that contained one of her self made artificial eyes.

Reaching the door, the girl sat the small brown box down at the doorstep, watching as smaller dots appeared on it. It had started to rain.

Walking out of the alleyway with a partially transparent, pink umbrella in her hands she strolled along the streets, eyes and ears on everyone and everything that could be a threat. What she didn't assume, however, is that the men of her enemy were right around the corner, ready to strike at any moment, should their boss not do it themselves. And as Rei strolled down the street, as per usual walking a completely random pattern until she reached her house, the eyes of many followed her, like shadows in the night, as her biggest threat so far was just behind her.

β™‘β—‹β™‘

γ€Š Your Character is: The Detective 》

Being assigned to find and arrest a worldwide famous hacker, is both a serious challenge and a huge honor, and that was a chance that should not be passed up on. And for sure this very detective didn't. Their research had brought them all the way to this giant city, where the contrast between extreme luxury and pain striking poverty was humongous. Even though no more hints had surfaced in the last few days, they could not stop just yet. And like a miracle, a very particular masked girl sat on a bench just in front of the detective's office, moments before their computer displayed a message. β€œLEAVE ME ALONE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY”

Was the girl the one who had done it? After all she did just eye the building and put her phone away. The detective chose to follow, leaving their computer as is, while the girl got up and walked away.

Rei sighed, hoping the detective would get her warning and walked off. To mingle with someone like her not only put her livelihood in danger but also theirs. She walked off, soon enough arriving at a rather lonely corner of the city, where natural trees still stood and sat down on a broken set of stairways that led absolutely nowhere, as the top had broken off.

Of course, the detective would soon arrive. But would he also take action?

I've been looking for a new rp for a long time and this seemed really cool so here I am. I already had a scifi detective character so it seems like the one to go with. His name's Thomas Rellekin, but everyone calls him Tom, he's been on the hunt for criminals his entire life and he's not going to stop now. He has coats and connections but isn't as good with machines as the rest of the force. As a self proclaimed naturalist he doesn't like much about catching criminals using computers. Of course when they finally called for a physical investigation of hacking incidents he was more than happy to agree.

I've been looking for a new rp for a long time and this seemed really cool so here I am. I already had a scifi detective character so it seems like the one to go with. His name's Thomas Rellekin, but everyone calls him Tom, he's been on the hunt for criminals his entire life and he's not going to stop now. He has coats and connections but isn't as good with machines as the rest of the force. As a self proclaimed naturalist he doesn't like much about catching criminals using computers. Of course when they finally called for a physical investigation of hacking incidents he was more than happy to agree.
Great! :bishiesparklesr: Since you've got your character down already, I'd be more then happy to have you join! As soon as you are ready simply reply to this thread with your roleplay reply for the starter I provided! :bishiesparklesr:

I know this is a bad idea, I mean of course it was a bad idea, my life is a bad idea. Here I am trying to hunt down the most notorious hacker in the city as she walks down the street. She's got guts, I'll give her that, but as long as it's my job to catch her I'm going to do it. To be honest I don't understand the technical stuff at all, but finding someone the old fashioned way I can do. We all know what she looks like even though we really don't. We all know what she does even though we really don't. The most elusive person in this city and I'm after her.

She doesn't seem to notice I'm tracing her, or maybe she does and just doesn't care. Issue is we can't really peg any crimes on her yet without physical evidence and she's good at covering up. I don't know where she is going or what she will do once she gets there, but that doesn't matter. I've got the tech guys back at the precinct with cameras all over her, I know that she knows about them. What's she stopping for? Oh I see, she's waiting for me, the smug girl. No reason to delay this much further then. " Hey you, the lady standing there like she's waiting for something. I've got a couple questions."

"I suggest you ask them another time" The girl replied, her voice sounding tinny and robotic as it had clearly been used with a voice-changer. Her cheeks showed a hint of what could be assumed to be a smug smile. Slowly she raised up and walked toward the male, her small and stocky body clothed in nothing but pastels and cute attire seeming out of place for the situation. The cameras, they were gone, and so were all recordings of nearby surveillance tapes. She walked the streets like a ghost; known but never seen, living in the security of only having the people see of her what she wants them to see. She stopped, right in front of the detective and looked up at him, a pair of natural deep blue eyes - a rarity these days - attempting to make contact with his.

"Unless, of course, it's urgent. Or were you warned perhaps?" She asked, clearly referencing the message she had left earlier.
Something about this detective seemed vaguely threatening to Rei, yet she still wanted to try and win him over. The law enforcement was a lacklustre set of failures in her eyes, wasting their time on her, whereas day in and day out people die in every nook and cranny of the streets, whether it be of an overdose, a murder or simply lack of care for medical issues. The laws and their enforcement were broken, and Rei wanted to prove it, more than anything else in her life.

"Look, if I had even the least shred of proof I would have had you detained 20 minutes ago during our little conversation at the police department. Fortunately for you though you're just a concerned civilian at the moment. I suggest you stay that way." I say, bending my head down to look her in the eyes. " The fact is that no matter who you really are or what you really do you will have me, and the entire department after you. If I don't catch you than the next wannabe hero with a badge will come after your sorry behind. If he doesn't get you, well, then they'll take drastic measures. I suggest you don't let it get to that point."

She may be a smug smartaleck but I can tell that she's a realist, she knows that things can go wrong pretty easily if she's not careful. " I just have to let you know that if you make one mistake, leave any evidence, it won't just be me politely asking questions." I break eye contact and move alongside her and whisper in her ear, "Give us something , otherwise you're never getting out of this. Good job though." At which point I walk a bit further away, draw a canteen from my jacket pocket and take a long swig.

"You don't know how fast you basically ruined your own wellbeing. This is more than just me having fun with some code. There are lives on the line and now yours is just as much under my watch." The girl said, anger audible in her voice despite the tinny sound. She huffed and took a photo of Tom taking a swig that she usually was only used to from the drunkards in the bars and clubs she would pass. Showing him the photo on her mobile device, she then spoke up once more. "Your job, your potential family and your safety are in my hands. It would be an act of seconds and it's all gone." She started, her tone now moving to a concerned one, as she moved her other hand's pinky closer to a button labelled "REMOVE TARGET". "All you have to do, to make me not press that little button is to work with me. I'm not the danger, everyone else is. Your little police friends won't care if someone who wants my life for themselves removes you, a mere obstacle, and said friends will find you dead in a ditch."

She once again tried to make eye contact. Her voice was firm, yet it was obvious that it wasn't her. "I'm sorry I have to do this but I don't want any more deaths because of me." She added, much quieter and much more softly now. Her eyes had gotten glossy, as she tried to blink away a tear. Something about all of this seemed to be important to her, and for some reason, this random detectives wellbeing was incredibly important to her. Her smug demeanour was but a veil to hide behind so that she would remain safe and sound. After all, nobody would want to listen to a shy and softspoken girl.

(im sorry i took so long to reply!)

"You sound scared, well don't be. I told you when I first started talking that I have no way of arresting you. I just figured it was fair to give you a "warning" too. Frankly, I don't want you arrested and I definitely don't want you dead, sounds like a waste to me. Just don't give us anything to use against you like you have been and you won't be anything more than a precocious young lady with a death-wish."

I walk back towards you and hold out my canteen. " I don't care who you are or what you do, that button is meaningless. I die, next week there's a new guy and he's not going to adhere to due process and he's going to be a hero for it. I'm your best bet right now, don't waste it."

"Just.. let me do this for you!!" The girl shakily exclaimed, her voice now sounding more like a normal human voice, as her voicechanger only could go so far. She had begun to tear up, angry at how a human could simply disregard themselves like this and then crossed her arms, shaking her head at the canteen. "Im not old enough." She simply replied as she shook her head and then listened intently to the detective. Her eyebrows furrowed.

This wasn't about her and the detective just wouldn't understand. He was in too deep. Was he just not aware of how scary death can be? Has he never seen a murder up close?? And why of all things did he spare her despite knowing what she did. His words would easily overpower hers. Rei sighed and pulled out her wallet quickly counting how much cash she had left. For any normal person the small stack of money that presented itself to her was a lot but to her it was barely some change. Enough for a proper meal however.

"Listen, if you want to be one of the good guys you should join me. The police only is there for those who pay, however you are a loyal and dedicated man. You can be a detective, but also you can help me out. I have a lot to offer in exchange." The girls voice went back to her almost smug, business voice, having walked closer to the man again. She needed him to join her, as he could provide vital information. "Im serious, Mister. I can give you everything you could wish for. A home, money, drugs, fame... or even just the sense of being worth something and the knowledge to be doing good things... whatever you desire! Want to discuss discuss over some food?"

" Very tempting, Blue. I am just going to call you blue for now because of those eyes. Look, you and I have the same problems with this world but while you were terrorizing these people I was getting to know them. Doing private jobs for them and collecting what I need to go after them, you are not my top priority. So how about this as a plan, you don't give me any evidence against you, and I don't press any evidence that we may actually find. In exchange for that I will go after these people through the proper channels and you through your own methods. Just like we can't pin any crimes on you the corporations legal teams cover things up very well."

" If I were to receive an anonymous tip once in a while or you were to receive a warning of police raids in the area that would be just fine. This is important to me though, I don't work for you. This is entirely out of my own interests and personal reasons. So let me start this over, my name is Tom Rellekin, I'm a detective, you, Blue, are a wanted criminal. But I will never pass up a free meal."

With a satisfied smile, the girl then finally turned off her voice changer, took off her hospital style mask and gave a nod. In the background she made her glasses check for some closeby resterauts and then held her hand out. "So, from now on you will know me as Blue and your will be Tom. Let's hope this companionship lasts for a long time. I trust you."

Rei, now also known as Blue, then pointed in a direction that was behind Tom. She smiled and spoke up once more. "Down the road is a really well rated Japanese place... want to go there?"

While now being seemingly all too trusting, the girl knew what she was doing. Having her face be known wouldn't be her death, yet building the trust between them was important, so that they could partner up. She wanted this alliance to last!
She also made selectively no comment on the part of terrorising others. She only was a bit of a bother to governmental people and a much bigger one to those that deserved it. She, especially using her dog as a mascot, often times did public stunts in hopes to raise awareness for certain issues across the globe.

" You really are a pain in the butt you know, but whatever works I suppose. I will take the Japanese food." I quickly flip out my phone take a picture of your face and slide it back in my pocket. "That is what we call leverage, you seem very trusting but the fact is that if I am caught I am selling you out. If you are caught I expect that you would do the same to me, in fact I would encourage you to do the same to me. Now let me tell the department that I'm leaving early so they don't start tracking me too."
I step a few feet away and contact the department. (you can only hear my part) " Hey Tom where did you go?" the precinct clerk said in his nasally voice. " I went out to do my job and handle crime while you sat behind a desk answering calls. Either way, I'm going to have lunch and go home, if the boss has a problem with it he can take it up with me tomorrow." I end the call and walk back towards you, " I think I have a favor for you already after lunch. Do it however you like but I can't help either of us when the paid off chief is breathing down my neck. " I smile and turn my phone around to show you the picture I took of you. "You're actually pretty cute, if I were 15 years younger I would date you." I chuckle to myself and begin walking in the direction you pointed.

(This is probably going to be my last post for tonight)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back