• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ⭺Of Blood and Gold⭼

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Mattias H. Gladstone

Looking to her glass, the realization on just how parched he'd become in this climate hit him. While his cousin began to speak, he'd bring his own glass up and wet his lips for a moment or two; the near empty glass quietly clicking against the wooden table they sat at and a content but hushed sigh leaving the man. "Secret passages?" He asked with his voice suppressed low enough as to not draw in attention, yet the smile he wore proved well enough that the sort of antiques she'd been up to were well within his interest. "You never bore, Camille." Giving a light scoff after the compliment, he'd lean back further in the sturdy chair and let out a deep breath.

Unbeknownst to himself, Mattias had been rather stressed ever since his arrival. He wasn't the type to set out and enjoy the company of others, especially considering how awry this whole ordeal could go should something bad happened. He was far from his comfort zone, and considering he was one of the only introverts in the family, these sort of gatherings were still slow to adjust into. That being said, now that someone he was more familiar with was around it seemed this whole meeting was all the more positive. "What's in my satchel? Well, you know--" About to deflect, he'd be saved by the bell.

"Well, if it isn't my most handsome cousin." Mattias spoke out upon noticing the approach of Andrew, the familiar voice not only immediately alerting him but also acting as a perfect scapegoat given the current situation. He'd stand momentarily to greet Andrew, his right arm extending to clasp at the wrist of his younger yet now larger family member. He remembered well when both Andrew and Camille were still young. Andrew was close enough in age where they'd actually gotten into quite a few 'boyish troubles', as their parents would refer to them as. Certain damages, or dangers to themselves, but nothing too extreme. As the elder Mattias was expected to set an example, but he was also the type to try and trick his cousins into believing whimsical tales such as Dragons existing in their neighboring forests, and things of that nature. Needless to say, he wasn't an ideal prospect for leading by example.

Finding his seat again after shaking hands in the typical fashion, Mattias would simply roll his eyes at the comment from his own blood. "Oh come now, Andrew. I already feel guilty enough from mention of my presence by Camille. If Tenebris comes in here saying the same I just may have to move to Astrya myself as to avoid anymore discussion on my absence." He spoke with a slight pout and clear sass in his tone, feeling bad enough already. "As for seeing me in a local tavern, I wouldn't rule it out. Though you know me, I also can't exactly say it's true either. Hence the sticking to water for now." Mattias added with a pained chuckle, his headache still slightly there and now clearly present upon his attempt to recall the night prior. Damned if he could, Mattias was beginning to think he'd attempted a drowning in a cask with how foggy the past few nights are. Lifting the glass, he'd take his final drink of what remained.

It's as he now finished his glass of water he'd set his eyes on a servant to get their attention for another glass. Not quite up for eating a sugary treat like Andrew, he'd focus on hydrating, requesting a cup of mint tea from the woman as she approached while also getting his glass filled with the still cool water. After which, it just began to set in how quickly the chamber was filling. The Queen seemed ready to go, like himself she looked out into the room. Most others engaged in conversation just as he'd previously been. "Say, you two. Where is the king?" He asked of his cousins, wondering if he'd been out of the loop and missed an important announcement.

Looking to the two again after his question, now seeking an answer, he then saw how Andrew was sitting. The casual posture and relaxed demenor wasn't something he didin't approve of, it was simply where and when it was acceptable. Raising an eyebrow as he looked then to Andrews foot hooked into the table, Mattias began to speak in a faux polite tone. "Camille, for my Aunt Lilli and your mother would you be a dear and please kick his feet out and make him sit as the crown prince should be before anyone notices him acting like a vagrant among all the ruling figures of this continent?" He spoke with a slight snap at the end of his sentence, almost trying to subtly scold and remind Andrew himself that this was definitely not the place for such an outward image. They could later on go and be crude at the taverns together, but Mattias wasn't going to let down the Giroux family and not speak up. Though realistically, Mattias himself wished he could feel as relaxed in this company as Andrew seems to be.

Interactions w/: kibou kibou
Mentioned: Never Never

Alena had spent most of her time thinking about Andrew, and how their first encounter went. It was the first time in her life that she had actually taken notice of a man. Alena all her life had been oblivious when people were making moves on her, even if its the most subtle of moves that were directed towards her. As a child, she never really dreamt of having a soulmate, like the other girls in her village. She spent most of her time reading or being surrounded by nature, and half her life running away from the invaders that took her land captive. Alena had wished that she was able to go back home, but she didn't know whether it was a safe option for her or not. Maybe one day, she will sail over there and watch from afar, the land that she once knew. Alena had snapped out of her thoughts when she heard footsteps approaching.

Alena picked the last flower, which was a beautiful bright yellow daisy and admired it for a moment. She looked up when the stranger finally reached her and saw who it was.

Solomon.

An interesting man, he mostly kept to himself whenever she saw him around. Always alone too, which Alena began to see a part of herself in him. He was a lone wolf, who liked to focus on the small things, and she heard that he was into healing. Alena even though she has some knowledge of healing, isn't a wizard at the practice. She can mend small scars, scrapes, cuts, rashes, and etc. Though bigger battle scars are not in her skill set, she wishes to learn, but she is too afraid to ask Solomon. She has never really talked to the man unless it is to ask for medicine or to appoint him to where the victim is hurt. Alena had forgotten that he spoke to her so she looked up and tried to remember what his lips bad said before. He is saying it's a good day to have a break. She thought to herself as she remembered.

"Ah, yes I suppose it is. Though I do not like doing anything, so I might as well pick some flowers and overgrown plants and weeds to decorate the palace with. It is looking a bit dull inside," Alena had said to him as she looked away from Solomon and back at the daisy that she had in her hand with the other flowers.

"May I ask what you are doing on this lovely day?" She said as she gently touched the petal of the daisy.

Solomon had stopped next to the servant and waited as she finished plucking her flowers, taking the moment to appreciate the vibrant expanse before them. Lavender, roses, hypericum, lilies and so much more; a lovely mix of local and imported color-coordinated flowers. Their careful curation was clear, and made for a beautiful sight.

As she eventually spoke up from her activity, he turned his drifting attention back to Alena, his eyebrows raising slightly at her words.

“I’m on my way to the herb gardens to do some up-keeping.”

He paused for a second to give some more thought towards how to phrase his next response, gently tapping his fingers against his thigh. It was unusual that there’d be nothing for her this early in the day, especially with all their extra guests, and seemingly being out here had not been not her first choice.

“If you wish, you could accompany me. Griselda not need much help today?” Leaning over, he offered her a hand in standing back up.
sprouhtt sprouhtt

1zv78go.jpg

Upon her elder brother entering the room, Camille remained seated and unostentatiously observed as the two cousins greeted each other earnestly. The interaction curled the princess' lips into a soft smile. Though it had been years since they were all in the same room, Mattias and Andrew acted as if no time had passed. To Camille, the sight was refreshing. Her family has, and always will be, one of the most significant parts of her life. Her smile, however, faded gradually. At that moment, Camille remembered that her elder brother had left her and Tenebris at the banquette, while he trotted off into two doing God knows what or who.

Though her thoughts spoiled her mood, she raised her hand to squeeze Andrew's, acknowledging his greeting. Eventually, the two men sat on either side of her. Mattias' question was one Camille was asking herself. Turning to her right and facing Mattias, her face portrayed apparent disturbance with creased eyebrows and a glint of worry in her eyes. "I'm not quite sure. It is rather weird that the King has not made an appearance," Camille stated. Though the woman was absolutely ingenious, it did not take someone with a brain to make that conclusion. "You did never answer my question about your satchel, though," She remarked, jerking her head towards the back of his chair.

Before Mattias was able to address her concern, he mentioned Andrew's lackadaisy posture. Camille immediately shifted her posture to face her brother. He was, indeed, sitting like an absolute brute. All around, noise filled the meeting hall. Glasses clinking, servant's feet shuffling, the hushed and not so hushed conversations around them. Because of all the commotion, Camille felt confident that no one would hear her next words to Andrew. So, she leaned into her older brother, placing a hand on his shoulder, and bringing her mouth close to his ear to whisper the words. "Brother, I am already disappointed that you would leave Tenebris and me at the banquette while you paraded around town, doing Heaven knows what while we were forced to converse for Astrya. The next time I see Alena, I'll be sure to let her know you miss her. This meeting is remarkably important for Astrya and the wellbeing of our country. You will do well to act like it," Her words were firm, but not harsh. With the last sentence, she would hook her foot around the foot supporting Andrew's weight and expertly release it from the underside of the table. Of course, it was up to her brother whether or not he was quick enough to regain balance in time.

After devising her revenge, Camille would turn to look at Mattias and give a sly wink. Acting as if she had no part in his balancing act, she took hold of her goblet, her palm instantly becoming saturated with condensation. Thankfully, the cup was still cool from the chilled liquid inside, giving some relief from the thick air in the room. As more bodied joined, the more heat flowed. While sipping, she took notice of the two just joining the other nobles. From their creamy pale skin and matching hair, Camille deduced the two most be accompanying them from Fairhaven. She studied the two closely, her eyebrows raising in amusement at the man boorishly chewing on ice - loudly. Although they were a few seats away, Camille leaned over the table in their direction. She cleared her throat to get their attention and proceeded to speak. "Excuse me," She began with a soft smile. "Although the sound of ice being chewed will certainly be more entertaining than whatever matters will be spoken of today, I would suggest not doing it once the meeting starts," Again, even with a smile, her words were firm.

Camille was certain her statement would prove to be true; the meeting was sure to be boring, and she would much rather be out doing anything but this. However, she knew what this meeting meant for her country and people. That is why, Camille regarded the meeting, though monotonous, with the highest regard. Because of this, she would ensure Andrew and herself would properly represent Astrya. If the man chewing ice was part of her own family, she would have discarded the rest of the ice in her own cup. "My name is Camille. Princess of Astrya," Not wanting to come off rude, Camille introduced herself to the man and the woman sitting next to him. When her eyes landed on the woman, she placed her hand over her heart in a traditional Astryan greeting. "This is my brother, Andrew, Crown Prince of Astrya," She signaled towards her brother and then to her cousin. "And this is my cousin, Mattias, Crown Prince of Summerage."

Interactions: Early Early Never Never aergie aergie Wert Wert
Mentions: N/A

Tenebris Giroux
Tenebris entered the throne room as quietly as possible, albeit being the slowest person to ever make it there. Much to his surprise, people were in the room already. He looked around in search for Freland’s royal adviser. A person who should be older than his father. Tenebris saw his siblings in the room as well, reminding him to avoid them as much as possible. Keeping that rule in mind, he casually walked away from their general direction. It embarrassed him that he was late one instead of his siblings.

It’s been a few days since the boy was inside the room. His eyes couldn’t help but lustfully gaze upon the king’s throne. One day, he would snatch this land’s throne for himself… and probably give it a better style. Shaking his thoughts away, he noticed a man sitting by the thrones, speaking to an acquaintance. Initially, he believed the man was rude for sitting so close to the thrones. Tenebris walked towards the man to give him a piece of his mind.

As he got closer, Tenebris realized his error. The man was indeed a Freland royal, handsome yet aged. He recalls at least glancing at him amongst the others during the party. His looks alone convinced Tenebris to believe he was the man he was looking for.

A Freland royal? Check. The handsome looks of a royal? Check. The ideal age I’m looking for? Check. I might as well confirm these questions by asking the man himself. Tenebris confirmed.

Tenebris straighten up and looked at the man. “Ahem, excuse me sir?” he started out. “I apologize if I seem ill-informed but, are you Freland’s royal advisor?”

Interacting: Wert Wert

28mlnwp.gif

The night of the banquet went as planned according to the Queen. As with any public event, Adelaide was sure to portray the role of the loving wife. While Berwin, the King of Freland, spoke to their 'honored' guests, Adelaide held onto his arm and, though her piercing cerulean eyes were void of any real sentiment, she smiled towards the hushed audience. Not many would be able to detect that smile did not quite reach her eyes. Once Berwin finished his address, Adelaide concluded and the two, thankfully, went their separate ways. She was no longer keeping up the loving wife facade. The room was boisterous and invigorating, but insignificant to Adelaide. In truth, she felt threatened by the presence of so many nobles. Freland was known for being lax with alliances, giving out their soldiers readily to those in need. While aiding other countries, Freland was weakening their own defense. Berwin, of course, did not see it as such. The two rarely agreed on anything political even though it was clear Adelaide possessed a mind more suitable for ruling Freland. At least, that is how she viewed it.

Not wishing to interact with any of the nobility, Adelaide pursued her son, searching for the blonde within the crowd. She stopped just short of him, though, after observing him with the Queen of Setlain and her ladies in waiting. An aching feeling bubbled deep within her intestines. Had it been something she ingested earlier in the day? Knowing it was best to not intervene, she approached one of the servants instead. The young boy's posture instantly stiffened at the approaching Queen.

"Y-y-your Majesty," He fumbled his words.

Adelaide narrowed her eyes at the quivering boy, taking a goblet of wine and immediately downing half of it. The boy stood, rooted to the cobblestone ground, unsure of what to do.

"If you don't make yourself useful, I'll have you thrown to the streets," She barked at the boy.

"O-of course, your Majesty. My apologies."

And with that, the boy was off, nearly knocking over his tray of wine. Adelaide exhaled forcefully, rolling her eyes. Thankfully, most of the night was uneventful. Adelaide chose to speak only when spoken too and was certain to cut any unnecessary conversation short. Her unwelcoming aura and her guards kept most of the guests at bay. Once the night concluded, Adelaide visited Guinevere's chambers to ensure her daughter was doing well. Upon seeing her awake, she scolded the young Princess for staying up too late, worried that it would affect her health further. Still, she was awake, and though she was too sick to enjoy the event, Adelaide recounted the events that took place, overexaggerating some parts to keep the little girl entertained. Once she was through, she kissed her dearest daughter on the forehead and returned to the private chambers she shared with Berwin. He had already stripped down to his nightwear.

"You have a big day hunting tomorrow, shouldn't you be asleep?"

"I wanted to make sure our guests were taken care of before I did."

Berwin made his way over to his wife, attempting to plant a kiss on her lips. However, the blonde turned her face so his lips made contact with her cheek instead. As if this was a normal occurrence, Berwin said nothing and entered their bed, seeming to fall asleep as soon as his head hit his pillow. Adelaide followed suit and changed into her nightwear before sitting on the edge of the bed. Hunching her back, she placed her face into her palms, and forcefully rubbed at her face. After a few moments in this position, she turned to her sleeping husband's form. With a blank expression, she watched as his abdomen rose and fell with each breath. A couple of minutes passed before she laid down next to him facing the wall.

Tomorrow would be a new day.

And, it was. Berwin had left with his hunting group and Adelaide was left to prepare for the upcoming meeting. One day passed without event. It was not until the night before the meeting was to take place that whispers bounced off Hoellan's walls. Adelaide was collected when pressed with where Berwin could be.

"Are you doubting the King?" She would respond frigidly. Those five words, accompanied with a slight head tilt that begged for defiance, silenced the person asking the question. The day of the meeting, Berwin was nowhere to be found, and yet, Adelaide remained untroubled. As the sun ascended the horizon, peaking through the massive windows of her chambers, she stirred in bed, rising promptly. After rising, two servants began preparing her for the day. They carefully (and nervously) undid the twin braids they had done in her hair the night before, taking extra precaution not to pull the Queen's hair (they had heard what happened to the last lady who accidentally pulled her hair).

Unfortunately, Adelaide was growing impatient, drumming her slender fingers along her vanity. "Hurry," She instructed. "If I am late for this meeting because of you, I'll be sure to take one finger for each minute I am late."

The two women became visibly unhinged, working faster. "Y-yes, of course. My apologies."

The Queen rolled her eyes but allowed the two to work without speaking up again.

A cacophonous of cicadas, the sound of summer, echoed in harmony with the chirping birds outside. The morning heat, although dull, seeped into the room and produced a humid environment. Because of the nearly unbearable temperature, Adelaide's servants helped her into a stunning slate blue dress with sheer sleeves. She left the room with her hair down in elegant waves, a rather unusual hairstyle for a married woman in Freland. Guards were waiting attentively outside, silently following behind as they made their way to the meeting hall. Two guards stationed at the entrance opened the doors as the group joined the rest of the nobles.

A sudden shift in the room rifted through the air. Though the heat of summer prevailed, an unexpected chill impregnated the air. Adelaide glanced around before her view was obstructed by a servant. "Water, your Majesty?"

"I'll take wine."

The servant visibly swallowed hard. "I'm sorry, but we were told by the King not to serve wine."

"Well, do you see the King? Now fetch some wine before the meeting begins."

"Right away!"

The servant ushered for two others to follow them, most likely going to stock the room with wine. Adelaide resumed her survey around the room. It seemed as though everyone who was expected to join was in attendance. While bouncing from each person, her face remained stoic, eyes revealing... nothing. They lacked anything, really. Bottomless abysses disguised as oceans. That is until they landed on her son, Gwilym, towards the back of the room next to their royal advisor, Perceus, and someone else she assumed to be another noble. Her face noticeable softened as she strode towards her son.

"Perceus," She acknowledged the advisor. With a smile not quite reaching her eyes, she also acknowledged the unknown royal questioning who Perceus was. "Son, can I speak with you before the meeting?" Though it was a question, Adelaide guided Gwilym to the side just outside of ear's reach from anyone else. "Your father has yet to return," She spoke in a hushed tone, leaning into her son. "Your father would want this meeting to continue without him, so to not upset anyone. That means you will need to conduct this meeting." She placed her hands on both of Gwilym's shoulders, squeezing them affectionately. "I trust in you and so does your father, but try not to make any rash decisions. Your father and I have spoken on this numerous times and we do not want to leave Freland defenseless. Just remember that." With a smile, Adelaide cupped Gwilym's cheek with one hand. "I love you and I know you can do this. If you get stuck or do not know what to do, I will be right beside you helping."

Interactions: Pine Pine Wert Wert
Mentions: @ everyone

Andrew had the right mind to further guilty trip his cousin into moving to Astrya, even if it was a notion for humour he wouldn't mind it at all. It was always fun hearing the tales Matthias spun to keep him and his sibling's entertained, like magic on the mind it was a nonsensical thing. Maybe it was Matthias he saw, maybe it wasn't - though unconfirmed the idea that they had both been messing around in town was amusing to him, a smile painting his lips as he tried to recall as much as he could. All he really remembered was that he had a lot of fun, and there were a few lovely freland ladies to suit as well. Though there was something he noticed when out in Freland that he didn't really have trouble with Astrya and that's how the people saw him, it seemed that the citizens of Freland had a bit of a disconnect with it's nobles and their attitude towards each other was probably quite negative. Not that Andrew minded too much, it was all just a bit foreign to him to not be welcomed into a tavern so easily, though he proved his worth and held his own especially with the company of his crew.

The crown prince then snapped out of his thoughts and was draw to the attention of the missing King by his cousin, Camille answered him pretty quickly whilst Andrew registered the whole drama of the situation. Now that they mentioned it, it was really strange that he would not be here - late to his own meeting. The Prince of Freland was probably having a wail of a time over there, talking to his adviser; Andrew would not want to be in his shoes right now.

Camille eventually turned her attention to her darling brother and he smiled in response, no real clue what kind of situation he was in at the moment. He listened closely, it sounded like he was being scolded by his sister, pretty normal to him all things considered. Though as she spoke to him, he took it all in and realised that maybe it was a bit harsh leaving her with Tenebris - he can be quite intense, while fake Andrew was apparently hitting on a very beautiful girl that evening too. Camille was probably just annoyed that she was alone, Andrew placed a lot of confidence in her ability to socialise however so was not too worried. Wait... "Who is Alen...AH!??!" Too caught up in thought the Prince's confident grip was a shambles as he fell onto the floor with a loud clack. He lay there for a moment, still sat in his chair yet on the floor looking up at the ceiling. The Crown Prince of Astrya could appreciate a good ceiling. This was one of those moments where he should probably be quick to act and witty to keep up his appearance, but laying here was seemed like the more decent option. He grumbled a sigh and moved eventually, a handful of servants were trying to aid him, but he was fine on his own and shooed them away to not cause more of a scene.

"Camille I'll throw you overboard I swear to Go..." Andrew held his tongue before he blasphemed in front of a a large majority of religious nobles and dusted himself off with a few pats of his tunic, turning around to face the representatives of Fairhaven that his sister had decided to fork her tongue at. "Princess Osmund, it's a pleasure to finally lay eyes on the true beauty that Fairhaven boasts." The prince bowed deeply in respect, pulling his chair in and sitting properly beside his sister this time. There was a dramatic entrance from the Queen of Freland herself, attention was drawn to her naturally but the question stilled remained as there was still no King in sight. This glorious woman of power made her way over to her son and adviser... Oh... and Tenebris was there, when did he arrive? Andrew tapped Camille on her shoulder with his index finger and gestured over towards their little brother.

"What on earth is our little brother doing over there?" Andrew was quite nosy to this fact, though was also relieved as it provided a distraction from his sister-caused-blunder earlier, albeit not to everyone.

Interactions; FoldedPages FoldedPages Early Early aergie aergie

Mentions; NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer Pine Pine

Percy
The man's rear end had grown rather sore while awaiting Gwilym's further muttering, the hard wooden seat as unwelcoming as ever. It creaked slightly when his attention was pulled to a young man who approached the two and he shifted slightly to look at him. The young man was dressed in lavishly jeweled and embroidered attire, making it obvious that he was from Astrya. The prince cleared his throat and questioned the adviser about his position in Freland's court. He couldn't help noticing how stiffly the boy held himself, and how his manner of speaking didn't seem to match how young he appeared to be. After all, he had heard that the youngest was quite intelligent and held himself as such. Percy slightly smiled as he spoke, "I'd say you're well informed, your grace. Perceus Eliade, Royal Adviser to Freland," He gave a seated neck bow to show respect to both the Queen as she acknowledged him and the young man. His hazel eyes followed the queen for a second whilst she whisked Gwilym away before he returned his gaze.
"Is there anything you need, Prince Tenebris?" Percy inquired, holding still a welcoming tone.

Mentions: NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer

Inga was absently imagining herself wading fully clothed into the river near Limmeadow when she was interrupted by an (admittedly beautiful) girl in an uncomfortable looking red dress. Though the girl seemed to be trying to be friendly, Inga did not appreciate the advice, especially since it was aimed at her cousin. Inga herself had been growing a bit irritated by Egill’s crunching but that fact was irrelevant.

She responded by staring blankly at the girl with a blank stare before smirking and turning to Egill and speaking to him in their native language.

“This [translation note: too vulgar to translate] thinks a pretty dress entitles her to order us around, do you see?”

Inga leaned back towards the girl and smiled sweetly. “Thank you for the advice, it is appreciated for sure.” Her voice was slightly husky and her English accented--though she was more fluent than most in Fairhaven, this meant she did not get the chance to practice as much as she would have liked.

As the girl (Camille, she soon learned) introduced herself and her (equally beautiful) relatives, Inga crunched on a chunk of ice she’d plucked from her own goblet. She nodded before introducing herself-
“I am Inga, Crown Princess of Fairhaven,” she jerked her head (in a rather unladylike manner) towards Egill, “and my cousin, Egill, the Dog of Fairhaven.”

As Camille’s brother (Andrew, the man who she’d seen lying on the floor when she’d entered the room) greeted her, Inga’s fair skin betrayed her by turning a bright red at the compliment that she knew was just a pleasantry. Due to her status, she wasn’t accustomed to receiving compliments of that nature from people her own age.

Inga bowed her head awkwardly at her three new acquaintances, and turned casually (she hoped) away to eye the woman who had just entered--based on her clothing and age, Inga came to the conclusion that it was the Frelandian queen herself. She’d been hearing whispers about the whereabouts of the king, and she noted that the queen had entered alone, no kingly-looking man to be found.
Wert Wert FoldedPages FoldedPages Never Never

Gwilym's attention was drawn when a younger royal approached them by the throne. Even with plenty of space between them, Gwilym automatically shuffled to the side to make room for him. To his relief, the stranger addressed Perceus directly without even acknowledging him.

Looking over his shoulder, he saw his mother enter the throne room. He allowed himself to be guided away from the rest. What the queen, his mother, had to say, however, was anything but what he wanted to hear.

Logically, he knew she was right about his father. This meeting was official business, so he wouldn't want to leave a bad impression on so many different country representatives. Still, that didn't make her confirming his worst fears any less terrifying.

He hardly registered anything of what Adelaide was saying regarding Freland's positions. His focus was solely on the image of him making an embarrassment of Freland before all the most important nobles of every country.

"Mother," Gwilym began, taking the hand cupping his cheek into his own hands. He wished his hands were shaking with nerves. If they were, she might see his distress for what it was and take pity on him. Alas, his hands held steady. "I appreciate your faith, and you know I love you dearly, but can't we wait a little longer? Perceus said he could arrange a search party. We should at least have that set out for my father."

Feeling his argument may be weak, he released her hand before again trying to entreat her, "And if we can't wait any longer-" Gwilym sucked his teeth, tossing a quick glance across the room to survey the occupants. "Then have Em do it. He's much more experienced than I am in these matters."

Despite his words, he already knew a meeting run by a bastard would not be received favorably. His desperate pleas were futile.

Egill
Egill's left brow rose when the foreign royalty directed a stern suggestion his way, pulling his attention from the scene she had just previously caused herself. He stopped chewing the ice to listen to her, swallowing what was left in his mouth when Inga turned her attention to the woman. His cousin then turned and insulted the other royal, causing Egill to give a half smile, stifling a chuckle as he responded in their language, "T:careful, Inga, we don't know if they speak the same." A part of him knew well that Inga probably wouldn't care either way, but he had to put some effort in to keeping her tame enough. Though, it seemed Inga was quite controlled on her own for now. His smile faded when the beautiful foreign royal introduced herself and her company, tilting his head ever so slightly to see passed Inga's blonde hair. Of course, his slouching position didn't help this, but his leg didn't allow him to sit straight up at all times. Calloused fingers brought the cool goblet of ice close to his face when Inga introduced them to the Royals in return. "Woof, woof," he muttered at them in sour amusement.

His attention was brought back to the others when Andrew stood and introduced himself to Inga, the hound coming to grab a larger piece of ice from his cup to chew on. Egill's eyes bounced between the two, noticing his cousin's reaction and settling on Andrew whilst he loudly bit down on the ice between his jaws. Of course, it was none of his business if his cousin was flirted with, but he couldn't help the protective feeling rising. As if to try to ignore it, he put the goblet down on the table and followed Inga's gaze to the older woman who had just arrived. She was dressed in the same oddly pompous clothing as most of the people here. To him, many of the styles looked the same aside from obvious changes, so he couldn't quite tell them apart. However, the crown on her head accompanied with the way she held herself and how people reacted to her presence, told him she was important.

Egill shifted in his seat, fingers coming to softly tug on the collar of his top due to the spring heat. He looked away from the woman when she took the attention of the blonde boy, and came to study the other people attending the room instead. A redheaded royal was talking to another young woman who had a darker skinned girl sitting quietly at her side with a worried expression. A few of the servants who were previously there were now gone, and those who remained were fiddling uncomfortably where they stood. His head tilted slightly whilst he peered at the environment, whispering something under his breath. If he had known there would be this much waiting before the meeting would begin, he would've been outside training, or still asleep. Egill huffed and looked over to his cousin, "Are we waiting on the king?" His accent was thick, and his voice deeper when speaking this language than when he used Fairhaven's own.

Interactions: Astryan royals, previously. Inga aergie aergie

Mattias H. Gladstone

Stifling laughter as Mattias watched his cousin Andrew topple to the ground, he was certainly given more than he asked for from Camille. It's as some made move to come over and lend a hand that Mattias spoke up, waving servants off and making it known to the room that Andrew was fine - Clumsy - but fine. "No, please, he doesn't des- need any help. Thank you, though." Mattias could be heard saying to some of the help who was quick in their attempts to arrive and lend aid. Of course once Andrew stopped playing architect with eyes to the roof, he'd get up to see and hear the smug laughter Mattias was letting out into his own goblet of ice water. He'd always been the influencer, especially when they were younger. Meant to lead as a good example, sometimes his games in those days lead to a good scolding by both their families. It was nice to still see they could maintain trouble even now, yet perhaps this wasn't the right setting for them to cause a stir. Maybe when Tenebris decides to show up they can...

His eyes found just whom was on his mind nearly the moment Andrew took notice. The Queens presence was hard to not look unto, but it was a surprise seeing his youngest cousin with the Queen and the royal adviser. What in the nine Hells was he doing over there? Whatever it is, if anything Mattias was a bit relieved. For once family wasn't approaching to guilt trip him. On the other hand, now he just felt ignored with how there was no greeting. For the time being, Mattias was torn between which to feel.

With his attention soon drawn to the present moment again, now aware of his immediate family and now strangers approach, Mattias would offer a wide smile warmer than the harvest sun of Summerage while Camille introduced both Andrew and himself for them. Of course, he wouldn't stand to greet nor bow as Andrew had, though he'd still speak out politely in introduction. Even if he did think they were rather awkward, especially for royalty. Leaning close to his nearest cousin, he'd quietly whisper immediately after Andrew spoke out his compliment. "Looks like he's as charming as he thinks he is." His quiet whisper to Camille was on noticing how Andrews compliment seemed to be appreciated by the fair Igna. "Oh, and stop asking about my bag. You're freaking me out, now." He gave an odd look to Camille before leaning away to his own space, his smile faltering for a moment before looking again to the Dog and Princess of Fairhaven.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both. I insist you sit among us during this meeting so we may get to know one another further." Mattias' voice came out like warm honey, a tone he'd mastered in his many years putting aside his normally hesitant demeanor in order to play his part as nobility. Gesturing then to the chairs at the table the three were at, he'd make a point to start with his gesture nearest his Cousin Andrew."Besides, I'm oh so interested in hearing just why you're known as the Dog of Fairhaven." The Prince of Summerage specifically looked to Egill with a slight grin, his friendly interest as bold as ever. To the Princess and her protection it may not be clear, though to Andrew and Camille it may be obvious. Mattias was making an attempt have the two join their table to converse further until this meeting begins. The Dog known as Egill was invited to join Mattias at his side, an attempt to get in conversation as to avoid having to explain Camille what was in his satchel and ruin the fun. Then of course, splitting the Hound from its post would leave the foreign beauty to engage with the crown prince Andrew on the other end of the table, a chat without someone angrily chewing ice over them.

If anything, this proved how good, and poor a cousin Mattias really was. That, and how his mischievous behavior didn't end with his youth.

Mentions: aergie aergie Wert Wert FoldedPages FoldedPages Never Never

Emerson meandered across the room greeting various nobles and wishing them look in the meeting and with their various endeavors as he listened in on the conversations. His grasp of the Fairhaven tongue wasn't great, but he understood enough of Inga's comment to her cousin to stifle a chuckle. Eventually he made his way towards his brother and the Queen, and was in time to hear Gwilym's suggestion.

"You flatter me, Your Highness," he said with a bit of a laugh. In front of the Queen- and especially in front of foreign royalty whose respect Gwilym should command- Emerson was careful to use his brother's title instead of his name. "Or perhaps you make sport of me! I would fumble and mumble over my words, and our guests would be unsure if I spoke of boats or of moats," he smiled. It was as subtle a reminder to enunciate clearly as Emerson could manage given the circumstances.

"Besides, my presence has been requested elsewhere," he told the pair. "The Princess Guinevere wishes to be entertained, and I am happy to oblige. I shall be sure she has her check up with Solomon," he promised Adelaide, before bowing slightly as he said, "Your Highness, Your Majesty," and took his leave.

Interacting with: Pine Pine FoldedPages FoldedPages
Reference to: Wert Wert aergie aergie

He moved quickly to get to Guinevere's room, where she was waiting impatiently.

"I thought you had forgotten," she accused and Emerson gasped in shock.

"I would never," he swore, pretending to be gravely hurt by the accusation. He moped theatrically for a few moments until she giggled, and he poked her in the nose, which made her laugh more.

"I am feeling very well today," she announced primly. "You should take me on a horse ride!"

"Oh, perhaps you are feeling well, but I have been dancing and entertaining and talking and dancing and I am simply exhausted! Let's stay in your rooms today, and have one of your tutors go over some mathematics, doesn't that sound like good fun?"

The expression she leveled at him could have soured cream in a moment, and he laughed.

"Perhaps a board game or a story," he suggested, and her frown didn't ease.

"All right, all right, I suppose my legs are strong enough to support a walk in the gardens," he allowed after a short stare down, and she nodded in agreement.

Having a little sister was excellent training in the art of managing other people's expectations, and getting them to agree to what you wanted the whole time while still letting them think they were getting a good deal.

He carried her through the castle for more efficiency, flanked by two guardsmen, her head on his shoulder as she told him about some nonsense dream she'd had recently.

At one point he began carrying her on his back, and at another point they may have raced one of the guards down an empty hall, but if that happened, everyone involved was sworn to secrecy. By the time Merrick had pointed them in Solomon's direction though, though, Guinevere's manic giggling had subsided, and her breath and heartbeat were mostly even against Emerson's back. Which was good, as Emerson could do without the healer knowing they'd been elevated in the first place.

"Solly," she shouted excitedly when they saw the man, right in Emerson's ear. Ow.

"Emerson won't take me riding so instead he is being a pony for me," she told Solomon solemnly.

"Neigh," Emerson deadpanned.

"What does that one do," she asked, pointing at the flower in Alena's hand, assuming the servant girl was helping Sol gather medicinal flowers.

"Perhaps," Emerson said, glancing over at Alena with a slight smile. "It gets people out of awkward situations."

"Emers says that you need help with that, Solly, because the Duchess Cecily-" Guinevere piped up, but Emerson shushed her.

"Oh, hush you," he chastised. "We don't tell people when we've been gossiping about them," he scolded her lightly. He'd actually been advising her on ways to help Solomon avoid the Duchess in question, but he hardly wanted people to know that. He had a reputation to maintain after all, and being helpful to servants was not one of the characteristics he was supposed to be known for.

Interacting with: kibou kibou sprouhtt sprouhtt

Interactions w/: kibou kibou jones573 jones573
Mentioned: N/A

Alena had licked her cut once more, before placing the flowers in the small basket that was beside her. She had brought it out with her when she came out to the garden that was filled with people in the garden. Many different people had roamed these gardens and yet Alena still decides to tune them out. She didn't want the flowers to get all bruised up by her hands, no matter how gentle her hands may seem. Flowers are delicate and sensitive plants that can hurt easily. Alena hesitantly brought her opposite hand up to take him up on the offer of helping her up. After a few seconds, she took his hand and gave a light smile, though she did blush when she noticed she was staring too much. So she quickly looked away and began to walk forward, moving pasting people who made it seem like she wasn’t even there. Even though she is short, she’s so quiet that people hardly notice her.

When Solomon spoke of the name Griselda , she froze for a second in her path, "No, she told me I was not needed for today." Alena said to him, though her punishment could be worse, she could have been kicked out of the palace or even worse, thrown in jail for impersonating someone else. Alena began to keep on walking through the small crowd. She even saw the gardener showing and telling people of the different variety of flowers in the garden and what each one is capable of doing. Whether it may be poison, irritating itches, nice perfume like smells and much more.

"I do not believe I have ever seen you in the gardens, or at least when I am around. But then again I keep to myself." Alena told him as she looked down at the basket the was around her arm and counted how many flowers she had taken.

As they were walking, Alena could have sworn she heard a child giggle. "I think i am hearing things. Do you hear someone giggling or is that just me?" Alena questioned just a bit, but looked around to put a face to the voice that there growing closer. As they turned around the bush, they were met with the faces of Emerson and Guinevere. Alena's heart sunk, and she felt her whole body become cold. This is just great. She thought to herself.

Alena stepped back a bit as she looked at Emerson and then at the girl. Alena watched as the girl named Guinevere to tell her troubles of how Emerson is not complying with her and the response from Emerson's Neigh, had her chuckling just a bit. But she soon became quiet when he hinted over the fact that he threw some shade at Alena and her whole situation. Alena cleared her throat and looked at the girl, never making eye contact with Emerson. "He is wrong, only two of these flowers are fit for medicinal practices and the others are just to catch the attention of other people with their beauty, just like you," Alena said with a soft smile.

Last edited:
Inga rolled her eyes at Egills’ warning--if anyone understood them, it frankly wasn’t in her nature to worry about it. She turned back to the Prince of Summarage--Mattias, and quirked an eyebrow at his suggestion. This Mattias was acting friendlier than she was used to--even with people she was familiar with...she wasn’t accustomed to warmth shown by this man and his Astryan cousins. Inga wasn’t honestly sure if she really wanted to ‘get to know’ these strange and foreign people, but that was the purpose of her visit. Besides, Fairhaven had no trade relationship with Astrya...if she was able to secure an alliance with them, her mother would surely be impressed.

Inga rose from her seat, carefully avoiding Egills gaze, though she was unable to stifle her laugher at hearing him be called a dog. She often teased her cousin about the moniker, but only around those who would already be familiar with their antics. As she settled into the empty seat next to Prince Andrew, Inga wracked her brain, trying to remember Astyras main exports. As soon as one came to mind, her brow furrowed and she leaned towards the prince to speak quietly to him. She was consciously trying to be as polite as possible when she said,

“I’m not interested in your jewels.’

// Wert Wert Early Early Never Never

Egill
Egill’s left brow rose when the royal known as Mattias spoke up, “It is Hound, not dog,” He said in response, his tone holding a bit of both amusement and annoyance. It wasn’t the first time he had to correct someone because of Inga, and her laughter after him being called ‘dog’ by a foreign royal made him huff. Although he wasn’t keen on leaving Inga’s side so soon, he didn’t mind the offer for conversation while they wait. Inga complied to the suggestion without complaint and he watched her for a moment as she stood, before he pulled himself up from the seat. He walked with a limp, which was rather short lived as the tables weren’t too far apart, taking the seat near Mattias.

Once seated, he adjusted his position to lean on his elbow as he spoke, “You want to know how I got the name..” He paused for a moment, thinking of how to phrase it, “It started at the battle of Snærheimr. I joined my second uncle and a band of warriors, to go into a keep taken over by rebels. Many, many thought I was unworthy, and they did not trust me.But they were right to- I was told by the king to find out who was working with the rebels within that group of warriors if I could.”

Egill spoke while moving his hands slightly, a habit he hadn’t quite tamed,” When we made it to the keep, they ambushed us. Those of us who tried to fight were killed, and those who didn’t were kept as hostages. Must have known we were coming because their reinforcements left after a few days. They took my metal, and tied me tied like a dog,” he tapped the metal brace on his left leg with a slight smile,” After one full moon had passed they were getting lazy. I escaped my binds one night and killed the man they had watching me when he fell asleep. And took his weapon. I had to crawl to free the other three hostages, they helped me get my metal, and we killed as many of them as we could before setting fire to the keep. After that I lead the others in hunting down the ones who fled, and killing them. Including my second uncle, who betrayed the king.”

“Since then, I have been called the Hound.” While speaking his accent never wavered, though he struggled with some words more than others. The Hound grazed a thumb over the empty loop on his belt where his axe once was, a partial smile on his face. He wasn’t sure if he should go into too much detail about it, considering the setting. In Fairhaven he wouldn’t have hesitated, but he’d heard that other countries aren’t as fond of battle stories.

Interactions: Mattias Early Early

29dbltx.jpg

Knowing her son, Adelaide knew he would not take well to her suggestion. Still, she nodded solemnly to his suggestion, glancing at Perceus. "Yes, we will have a search party sent out," She continued to speak in a hushed tone. Her hand promptly dropped from his cheek to her side at the proposal of Emerson leading the meeting. It took nearly every ounce of self-control the Queen had to not contort her face into a look of disgust at the thought. Over the course of the bastard's life, Adelaide had managed to conceal her loathing and repulsion at the result of her dear husband's infidelity. Her face remained perfectly poised, however, and her lips parted to counter Gwilym's remark, but Emerson excused himself before she had the chance. A weary smile painted her features at his feeble attempt of humor. The Queen carried her facade of liking the bastard quite well - especially around her son.

"Thank you, Emerson. Guinevere does look forward to your time together," Though hatred flowed through her veins for this young man, her youngest - and most precious - daughter absolutely adored Emerson, and Adelaide knew no one would second guess her artificial feelings for Emerson if she allowed Guinevere in his presence without her around. Once Emerson departed, Adelaide turned her attention back to her son. "I will speak with Perceus and make sure the scouting party is sent. Have a seat," She gestured towards the table where the other nobles were present at. "And we will begin shortly."

After the suggestion, Adelaide made her way back to Perceus and the young noble. "Perceus," She called out, then leaned close to his ear so only he would be able to hear her speak. "Please send out a search party for my husband. We will begin without him," She instructed, making her way over to the table. The other nobles were busy in idle chatter. Adelaide cleared her throat, seizing the attention of the seated nobles.

"If you are done with your trivial chatter, I do believe we have actual business to attend to. That is why we are here," Her words were firm as she took a seat across from most of the nobles, her face stoic as ever. "My husband, unfortunately, is caught up in his hunting trip, so my son and I will speak on his behalf until he returns. We are expecting him any time now," Adelaide announced, the servants she had sent for wine finally returning. They promptly set a goblet of wine next to the Queen. Without acknowledging them, she took a sip from the goblet and placed it down. "Now, shall we begin?"

Interactions: Pine Pine jones573 jones573 Wert Wert
Mentions: Everyone else in attendance

Percy
Percy’s attention was pulled away from Tenebris when Queen Adelaide called his name. He was still as she whispered her instructions to him, giving a nod just before she walked away. The modest smile he often bore returned to his features as he looked to Tenebris and gestured a hand towards the table, “They will begin shortly.” After the young prince of Astrya took a seat at the table Perceus quietly stood from the rough chair and slipped away as the Queen called attention to herself. He left through the dining hall entrance, quickly going to the library where his apprentice was often working. He instructed the teen to take his place and write down the happenings of the meeting while he was gone. The teen left him to go do as he was told, going to take Percy’s chair and write about the meeting without speaking or drawing much attention to himself.

Percy himself rushed down in the direction of the guards keep when he met with a young servant just outside of the kitchens on the floor below. The smell of food had filled the area, letting him know that they had already begun to prepare a midday meal for the nobles. Adam, the small and thinly built boy who met him at the kitchens stood quietly in place, looking as though he had just gotten scolded. Percy leaned down to the familiar boy and smiled to him, “Find Sir Vittorio for me and tell him I need to see him in the Guard’s Keep, please.”

“But Griselda-” The boy started to object.

“Nevermind Griselda, Adam, I will let her know you did me a favor. She can not scold you for this,” Percy interrupted. He was used to seeing Adam following the captain of the guard around when he was at the castle, always excitedly gibbering to others about how he would be a knight one day. Adam was also keen on following him around when Beast was out with him, so he’d come to know him a bit. It was luck that Percy ran in to him here, since he always seemed to know just where the captain would be. However, Adam still wasn’t convinced enough to accept. The boy looked conflicted, made obvious by the expression on his face and the nervous swaying of his body.

“If you do this for me, I’ll bring you a sweet every day this week and tell Sir Vittorio how helpful you’ve been,” Percy said, trying to convince him by using the boy’s his sweet tooth. It was, of course, successful. He was easily swayed by the promise of sweets, though the talk with Vittorio added to it. His head tilted for a moment, suspicion on his face to hide his excitement.

“D’ya promise?” Adam questioned, reaching a hand out to Percy with his pinkie finger pointed at him. Percy’s smile widened and he gently locked his pinkie around the boy’s for a second, “Promise.”

Adam’s big brown eyes glittered with excitement as he dashed away from Percy, though he came to pause for a moment and look back at him, “Why d’ya need ‘em?”

“Quickly, before I change my mind,” Percy waved his hand in a shooing motion and Adam ran down the hall. Percy turned on his heels and walked with a quickened pace through the kitchen and out towards the guards keep outside. However, he walked passed it when he made it there, instead moving to the stables where a female guard in light armor was stationed. She was obviously familiar with him, as she let him get rather close as he spoke with her in a hushed voice.

“Hyla, there is going to be a scouting party sent out. You’ll need to join them this time,” Percy said, noticing the bewildered furrow of her brow on her square features.

“Why would I, my scouts are the best around ‘ere. They don’t need me to go every time.” Hyla said, seeming somewhat insulted.

“There’s no doubt in the skill of your scouts. It’s a matter of the king,” Percy said, his brows raising slightly at her now more confused expression, “ A bird told me he’s gone missing on his hunting trip. I simply wish for you to go because you are the best scout I know of.” There was hesitation from her.

“But, if you don’t want to do it, that is fine. I am sure your scouts are befitting to the task on their own.” he started to step back from her, as if he was going to leave.

Hyla shifted on her feet in thought, her leather armor rubbing against the old wall she was once resting against, “Fine. I’ll do it.”

“Come then, have Lengley take your place,” Percy said before he walked off with her in tow.

The guards keep was nearly empty aside from Hyla and Percy, though the smell of dirt and musk still lingered in the air. He stayed by the door while Hyla locked the door that lead to their rooms and stood off from it. It was a few minutes after waiting in the dirty guards keep that captain Vittorio finally arrived holding Adam by the arm alongside him. “Did you send this boy for me?” His gruff voice was fitting of his aged yet intimidating features.

“I did, Sir,” Percy said, a knowing smile on his face, “Apologies if we interrupted you, but there are matters of greater importance.”

“They damn well better be,” Captain Vittorio said, letting go of Adam and going to sit on the chair.

“Thank you, Adam, you did well. I’ll come see you soon.” Percy said to the boy and Adam meekly nodded before running off. Percy shut the creaking wooden door behind him and huffed.

“The Queen sent me to tell you form a scouting party in search of the King,” Percy spoke, his hands coming to intertwine at his stomach, “He is late to return, and Prince Gwilym is quite worried.”

Vittorio and Hyla were silent, gazes bouncing between themselves and Percy.

“What do ya’ mean form a scoutin’ party? We already ‘ave one,” Hyla’s accent slipped again, something he’d come to notice as a habit when she’s confused, “You tellin’ me mine ain’t good enough again?”

“Aye, we do,” Vittorio said, his white brows still low over his eyes,” But this involves the safety of King Berwin. We have to think about this carefully. Not all of your scouts have taken on something of this measure. Not only do we have to find him, we also have to bring him and his party home safely. It could cost more than your head if the party found them alive and brought them back dead, Hyla.”

“Sir Vittorio is correct,” Percy chimed, now leaning against the door, “Bring only people who have enough experience, and I suggest you bring at least two of Sir Vittorio’s guardsmen with you in case you run into trouble beyond your men’s capabilities.”

Hyla looked as though she hesitated to say something, but said it anyways, “and what if he is already dead?”

“Hyla!” Captain Vittorio scolded, “Do not speak such things! People will think you’ll have done it.”

Percy was quiet for a moment, studying the two, his usual smile now faded to a thin line to add to his serious expression. He huffed, filling the tense silence between them, “If that is the result, send a message ahead of you to let me know. Bring them back with you- Try to preserve them to the best of your abilities, and keep them hidden. The last thing we need in that situation is everyone in Freland knowing the King had passed before we can find out how he died.”

“I’d be more concerned with why,” Vittorio said, now staring at the stone floor. It was obvious what Percy said made them somewhat uncomfortable. Hyla had a look of disgust on her face. Perceus didn’t blame them, carrying a dead body around is hardly an ideal situation, especially the body of a king. The good thing was that he couldn’t be too far, Berwin never took Hunting trips far from Cantas. They'd know their answer soon.

After all was said and done, Percy, Hyla, and Vittorio all left the guards keep. Hyla having to rush back to unlock the door to their rooms before following them again. They put together a search party which included Hyla and Captain Vittorio’s son among the familiar and unfamiliar faces, and sent them off.

Interactions: NPCs

Last edited:
Upon the invitation suggested by his Cousin Matthias for the representatives of Fairhaven to sit amongst them being accepted, Andrew's manners started to kick in. His smile had a bit more of a kind look to it, rather than having an aura of cockiness about him. He stood from his chair and pulled out the one beside his so that the Princess could sit down; slipping it under her gently with a nod and then sitting back down beside her. What she followed with next almost had Andrew burst out into a laugh, she may not of intended for it to sound that way - he chewed his lip to silence himself from responding distastefully.

"I don't blame you. If I was in your situation, I wouldn't be interested in my Jewels either." Andrew leaned back in his seat, tilted towards the princess - his finger pressed against his chin as he speaks his thoughts - keeping the conversation between the two, if anyone was to hear it'd only be Camille on his opposite side if she was even listening. "My proposal to you is something that I've been thinking on for a while, I have a lot of respect for your country and it's people who live in such wilderness; this makes you strong - survivors. And if I can aid in making life easier for your people to prosper I'm all in. I believe a country like yours would make it hard for you to grow crops, we can supply that and not jewels - but gold, gold will help you trade with your neighbours at land. A hot rich country like Astrya? Luxuries we can afford, Ice would do well here. Though my true idea is something... more interesting I feel. We have some of the best sailors and seamen, we know how to construct a Port if anything. What if we built you one, close to the capitol, opening your country up to a better way of trading? Think on it."

And with that, the Queen of Freland took charge of the Room, commanding everyone's attention with her presence. It seemed the meeting would start now. If Inga was interested in what Andrew had proposed to her, then she might bring it back up later. Especially now that things were starting to become more official. The Prince just hoped he was doing well, wondering if this is how his Father would've approached it, he knew that some business had to be subtle and not so freely spoken about especially before it is down in writing.

"If I may be so bold to suggest, to set the tone of the meeting and it's utter seriousness to events of the world; our representative and True Queen of Setlain should be the first one to talk. Considering the country's situation, I believe this precedes actual business - it's only right." Andrew knew that his loyalty and support to his war ally was something that he needed to show, even if people didn't like it - they'd respect it. He just hoped that the Queen of Freland didn't take this as being rude to her; understanding that indeed there was a seriousness to Setlain's campaign over others'. Andrew nodded his head in Madeline's direction, raising his water subtly towards her before taking a sip.

Mentions & Interactions; aergie aergie Wert Wert FoldedPages FoldedPages

Solomon politely returned Alena’s light smile as she took his offered hand. Her eyes lingered on him for a bit longer than normal before she realized her mistake and averted her gaze, but he didn’t think much of it- it wasn’t unusual for people to stare, and he was distinctly aware of his own harsh appearance.

They began walking in the direction of the herb gardens, separate from the mostly decorative royal gardens. When asked of Griselda, the servant girl stopped abruptly, Solomon near bumping into her. Combined with her response, he wondered if perhaps the two had some sort of argument but the moment to inquire passed as, while they continued their walk continued, Alena spoke up again.

"I do not believe I have ever seen you in the gardens, or at least when I am around. But then again I keep to myself."

“Hmm, I pass through here often, but it’s usually to get to the herb gardens.” His eyebrows raised slightly- he’d seen Alena out here often enough to take note of it but then again, like she’d said, she usually had her nose in the flowers.

"I think I am hearing things. Do you hear someone giggling, or is that just me?"

“No, I hear it as well.” The high-pitched laughter was hard to miss, and easily recognizable. Soon after, the pair turned a corner and there appeared beyond the tall bush Hoellan’s princess, with a shout, and her half-brother.

“Solly!”

“Princess Guinevere,” he greeted in kind with warmth in his voice, stepping forward to bow slightly, take one of Guin’s hands, and gently place a kiss atop it. He stepped back, and directed a slight head-bow to her brother as well. “Lord Emerson.”

The sight of them had brought a soft smile to Sol’s face, which broke into a grin as he chuckled at Guin’s complaints and explanation of her noble steed and Emerson’s straight-faced neigh. The young girl pointed at the flower Alena held, inquiring about its use, and Emerson’s suggestion of a use for ‘awkward situations’ and pointed look at Alena had Sol following his gaze too see the servant avoiding eye contact- the teasing clearly unwelcome by the teased.

"Emers says that you need help with that, Solly, because the Duchess Cecily-" Guinevere piped up, but was quickly hushed and chided by who she was outing.

“That is very kind of you both, but I’ll be alright on my own,” He assured, his delighted expression falling to a polite smile. He was unsure exactly how much of the castle was aware of his unfortunate situation but between his assistant’s chronic lack of filter and the Duchess no doubt whining about not getting her way, some amount of gossip would, of course, be unavoidable.

Alena cleared her throat and interrupted to give Guin a real answer, "He is wrong, only two of these flowers are fit for medicinal practices and the others are just to catch the attention of other people with their beauty, just like you," she finished with a smile.

Not wanting to stand in the way of the path and any workers about, Solomon began to walk forwards- Alena to his left and the royalty to his right- and motioned for the group to follow, facing Emerson and Guin as he spoke.

“I can tell you the names and uses of the flowers sometime if you’d like, Princess. But,” knowing what the siblings were likely there for, he cocked one eyebrow high as he could and said in a playful mock-sternness, “only if you can tell me you’ve been following your diet and exercising no more or less than you’re supposed to.”

With the amount of dedicated servants with twice as many eyes on her, the princess likely couldn’t stray too far from her instructions even if she had wanted to, but he was required to ask all the same. Not that he minded- Guin was absolutely endearing. As for Emerson, their short interactions were always of interest.

Jean-Marc DescombesJean sat under a tree listening to his camp. The six of them were finishing a lethargic meal some time past midday. Pascal Renois, a guardsman from Fallcrest and absolutely talentless musician was finishing a ballad about chasing after an older woman only to find that she was happily married. General debauchery and merrymaking would have been a fair assessment of the band’s slow journey. Their meandering had taken them from Wusniestien to Freland by boat, but after that the men simply travelled by the directions of locals. As things began to wind down, a sour-sport of a guard returned back to the camp rather quickly. Jean doubted he had anything important to say. The last time he came back to camp this quickly he had mistaken a few dogs for wolves. Needless to say, the band enjoyed their new companions.
“The castle!” The guard cried out. All eyes were on him. Yes, this was his time to shine. Too long had he been made a fool of. “The castle is just over those hills!” He continued.
With that the camp was on their feet. They raced across the grass, at times wading through bushes just to get to the peak quicker. Suddenly in front of them stood a great castle. It stood guarded by thick foresting and flanked by sweeping hills, hiding it from their sight. Jean-Marc inhaled shortly at his first sight. It was both breathtaking and imposing. He knew that this building meant the end of his merry adventure, and the start of a new task. His uncle had been tasked with attendance at the meeting by the king of Wusniestien, so naturally the task fell to him.
As these thoughts began to weigh on his shoulders, the hand of his friend, Maurice Jacquemond held him as if to brush them away. He smiled and made eye-contact with Jean. The two shared a silent word. Jean understood it was meant to comfort him, but it didn’t do much. Jean smiled and nodded. “We’d best pack up. We are already nearly a week later after all.” He instructed. Following his lead, the others turned back down and slugged towards their empty camp.
The men cleaned the space and disposed of what waste they could before saddling up the horses. The six changed into formal garbs of relative quality. After that the party set out in search of a road. After briefly wandering through a patch of trees the group found themselves walking down a well-worn trail. Slowly roofs and towers would show themselves for a split second, only to recoil behind the leaves once more, until the castle was in full visibility. The merry band found themselves appropriately quiet and revenant at the remarkable feat of engineering that stood before them.
Finally after what felt like an hour the group were at the foot of the castle-grounds, ready to make their ascent. Once inside the castle gates, the group split apart, and Jean-Marc found himself alone. He briefly considered his options. He could either wait hopelessly for someone to take pity on him, in which case he would both feel ridiculous and helpless, or he could enter the castle and speak to a the first person he saw. While these both seemed unappealing, the answer became clearer with each look Jean-Marc took around the courtyard. It was absolutely empty, save for a cat lounging in the sunlight. He stepped forwards, and opened the doors to the castle, ready to face the music. Or at least the first servant he saw. Hopefully that.

Madeline
Madeline had been relatively quiet, only ever speaking to Rowana from time to time before the Queen of Freland called to begin the meeting. Though earlier that day she was quite nervous about it, what little anxiousness she felt was being buried by her mother’s advice. She thought of how her mother would act and speak within serious situations, someone who demanded respect even if she was blunt with her words. Her usual gentle expression was now focused, faltering only slightly enough that when Prince Andrew gave his suggestion she gave a brief, small smile.

“Thank you, Prince Andrew,” Madeline said, her tone deepened with seriousness, “As I’m sure all of you know, Eflon made an attempt on my mother’s life and started a war against us. So far, we have managed to hold them back with the help of Astrya on both land and sea. However, we will not last long against them without more help. Their armies are ruthless, last month we counted nine hundred troops who had died or were gravely injured. Setlain is in need of supplies, and soldiers.”

She paused for a moment, looking over everyone else before she added, “I don't know if any of you have thought about the gravity of this situation. If Eflon takes Setlain, they will have the upper hand over the majority. They would control the southern borders of both Freland and Summerage, cut off important trade routes between us and the outer countries, and isolate Astrya entirely. And, I press, that their advances will not end with Setlain.”

Rowana was as still as stone beside her queen, her only movement being her gaze as it danced between the royals while Madeline spoke. She wasn’t quite fond of seeing Madeline like this, sounding and looking similar to Elaina; however, it was nice to see her acting like a Queen rather than the giggling princess she once played with. Though poised, Madeline herself didn’t seem stiff or uncomfortable, she knew she was being honest and serious, even if the others didn’t want to hear it.

"Wrong, wrong," Guin informed her brother happily with the delight all siblings felt when getting to make such a declaration. "You don't know anything about flowers!"

"All right, you've got me there," Emerson admitted as he stooped down so she could clamor off his back. "I am a floral fool, Alena and Solomon are the experts on such topics and I will yield to their great knowledge. Now, be a polite young lady, and answer Solomon."

Once on the ground again, she rushed over to Solomon and threw herself about his legs in an approximation of a hug that might have toppled him over or at least tripped him if she wasn't so slight, before taking his hand in hers and swinging them together as she started each sentence.

"I have been very good," the princess said, clearly quite pleased with herself. "Yesterday my ladies and I played hide and seek and I didn't run around all wild when it was my turn to find like Eloise did and I only got short of breath a few times, but I remembered to do my breathing exercises so it was all right," she added hurriedly, since hide and seek had been fun and she hadn't been that out of breath, really, and she didn't want to be scolded for it.

"I slept fine," she continued. "Or at least I think I did, I don't really know because I was sleeping," she allowed, but Emerson mouthed 'not true' and shook his head slightly- According to her maid, she'd been tossing and turning most of the night. Just because her sleep hadn't been poor enough for her to notice due to its absence, didn't mean the rest of them wouldn't notice when her good mood crashed in a few hours.

"And," she said,"I've kept all my food down! Even that new icky medicine that tastes like goatshit," she told them, and Emerson made a comical but clearly alarmed expression.

"Guin!"

"-So I think you should stop making me eat those plain biscuits and let me have cakes again," she carried on as though Emerson had not interrupted.

Interacting with:
kibou kibou
sprouhtt sprouhtt

Gwilym frowned at his brother's unexpected interception. Emerson blew off his suggestion with a string of nonsensical rhymes. What he had to say made absolutely no sense to him. As crazy as his brother could be, he knew Emerson was articulate when it came to serious matters. He had to be, after all. Thought the prince never quite understood what exactly it was that Emerson did all the time he was traveling, he knew it related to business, and that he'd been doing it for so long surely meant he was capable.

All of that to say, Gwilym did not catch the hint.

His displeasure only grew when his mother, predictably, did not change her mind. Her words did nothing to console him, and had it not been for the throne room being filled to the brim with the eyes of nobles, he would have sulked his whole way to the table. Instead, he trailed behind his mother with a too-stiff posture before taking the seat beside her.

So far the only relief he was allowed was that his mother delivered the opening line.

The conversation tossed from a young man with a full beard growing in (or perhaps he kept it shaved down?) to the first girl he'd spoken to at the banquet. The association only then clicked with him that her country was the one Eflon had attacked.

A sorrow clamped down on his chest, hearing both the close escape from death of her mother, as well as the total counted deaths so far from the war. Logically he had heard the tallies of victims of war many times in his studies, but that had all been history. This was happening now, and he felt very strongly a want to help her.

Idly, he wondered if her lady had made a recovery from whatever had ailed her that night at the banquet.

A brief silence, short but long enough for Gwilym to feel as if his mother should be saying something. Instead, she put a hand on his shoulder, applied some light pressure. A reminder that she expected him to speak.

He lifted his shoulders to shrug her hand off. In the past it may have comforted him, but right now the only thing that could make him feel better would be a dismissal for him to leave the room. Maybe it was the nerves, but it only embarrassed him now. There were so many faces at the table, many of them around his age, some even younger, who didn't seem to need any of their parents' direction, and it showed.

After a moment, he started. "I-"

There was no rush of voices to talk of him. Faces turned toward him, listening. Expecting.

"I'm sorry to hear of your losses," he said.

What Eflon had done was evil. He struggled to get many country names straight, but Eflon and their lineage of madness stuck out as villainous in his mind. As far as Gwilym was concerned, their attack against her country had come from nowhere. It took the most evil of hearts to kill like that. Freland was a good country and the two had history, so along the Queen of Setlain's suggestion, he was sure that Eflon would attack Freland as soon as they had the manpower. They should both work together to do whatever they could to stop that force.

But then he remembered his mother's words, saying that Freland could not be left defenseless. Now he was confused and doubting himself, and he desperately wished he had not spoken up. Couldn't they just lend half of their forces? Surely if everyone at this table contributed, then they'd have the manpower to reduce Eflon to rubble.

"I do hope we'll be able to provide assistance as you need it," Gwilym said, eyes now trailing to look for any hint of guidance his mother's gaze could provide, or even just see if she had any approval to give for his comments.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back