Idea ❶ ▁* metronome

untitled
fantasy * drama * school
Spun off of a 1x1 rp I have with someone, it's an expansion of thoughts I had for a magic system some place else.

Magic is inherited, and most users are upper echelons/aristocrats, with a few select individuals outside them, usually serving as guards and teachers. Blueblood children (around 8 years old) will be asked to pull from a tarot deck. The card they pull tells much about what kind of magic they'll be able to perform as well as the person they will become. Major arcana is a taken as a sign of greatness; as such, those who pull them are considered eligible to the throne, whether they're directly related to the current ruler or not. Whoever becomes the next ruler, the World will manifest in their magic circle.

Magic itself is heavily based on language, with an extreme reliance on being able to memorize the correct runes, associated pronunciation and spell construction sequence. There are grammar rules, weird word derivations and exceptions to any rule. It can be generally divided into three versions. These are written, oral and silent. However, silent magic tends to only be very basic spells with only few variations/additions to it.

Roleplay will originally start out rather light-hearted as a school roleplay where these kids study magic, but will slowly move towards the dark as the current ruler falls ill and attempts on the life of major arcana players occur.

Last edited:
gunpla
fandom * sports * gundam
RULEBOOK PROFILE GUIDE

Above links for reference. As much as I want to adhere to the above information, I'll probably creating a more relaxed system that isn't as closely dice-based. GBF is already a pretty small fandom as it is; I'd be making my market even smaller if I decide to go the dice system route.

Not much to be said; we'd be following GBF:T in terms of flavor and story pretty closely. Despite saying Gundam, GBF is the kind of series wherein prior knowledge of Gundam isn't required to enjoy it. If you're familiar with Angelic Layer, it's very close to what our characters would be doing. Our Gunpla (Gundam Plastic Models) will be set on a play area where they can move and fight, with our characters controlling them from an area just outside the arena. It's highly encouraged to personalize your gundam; in fact, in competitive they look down on straight-assembly gundam. I was thinking we'd be a world-championship competitive team, although I have a few things I'm gonna need to clarify lore-wise.

There would be Gunpla stats, and pilot stats. People can also be strictly builders or fighters, even both at the same time. I was thinking I'd reward extra points to those who want to go the extra mile and edit pictures of their chosen gundam model base to fit their character's specifications. > v >;;

I'm still debating if i want to follow GBF canon completely, or kinda spin-off into an AU. Feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Last edited:
(i don't know if i'm allowed to post in this, so if you want me to delete this, go ahead, but this is so pretty i'm jealous! keep it up c; )

[import]9163788[/import]

Malamii Malamii
feel free to post, although I'm generally looking for interest/thoughts in the roleplays posted. c:

Last edited:
i love both ideas, but i absolutely adore the one that has magic in it. i love the thought put into it from how they find out if they have magic to what kind the have, it's all very interesting- and the fact that it actually has a plot and isn't just a straight high school roleplay is amazing!

you can't find a lot of stuff like that <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back