• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ❝ 𝙲 𝙾 𝙽 𝙲 𝙾 𝚁 𝙳 𝙸 𝙰 ❞ ─ seeking a rebel princess !

[div style="background:url(https://i.imgur.com/yOi1zuZ.jpg);padding:20px;background-attachment:fixed;width:80%;border-radius:20px;margin:auto;"]
[div style="text-align:center;background:rgba(0,0,0,0.5);padding:15px;border-radius:20px;font-size:12px;"][div style="margin: auto; width: 10rem; height: 10rem; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GlF0biG.jpg); background-size: cover; border-width: .2rem; border-style: solid; border-radius: 200px; border-color: gray"][/div]

TROUBLE STIRS IN THE NORTHWEST...

As the Vupaenth Kingdom slowly starves due to the lack of agricultural resource available, the peasants, farmers, merchant-traders and even some Enchanters rise up in rebellion. While the throne tries desperately to quell the whispers of treason, the middle and lower classes have started to view their monarchs in an unkind light. They believe their rulers have not done right by them as citizens; the King is too busy entertaining his harem of wives, the wives are busy vying to the King's attention, the Princes & Princesses scheme against each other for power and the Court officials that actually do anything are cast aside for the ones that do nothing except kiss up to the throne. Hatred takes a hold in the hearts of the low-born. Among them, a prominent figure has become the sigil for the rebellion: the Basilisk, who remains shrouded in shadow. Nevertheless, the people have gathered behind the Basilisk. And they rise, full force, just as the first gusts of the bitter winter wind rake across the Kingdom.

A DANCE FOR POWER HAPPENS IN THE NORTHEAST…

The proud High Houses of the Weisslogia Kingdom have ruled the lands since the beginning of time. Beneath them, the Vessel Houses exist simply to support them; their names unknown, buried in the ocean of anonymity as the High Houses bathe in glory and worship. In the light of recent events, the throne has been destabilized. Following the birth of a new Prince, the King has revoked the rights of the elder Princess as heiress. Enraged at her father’s betrayal, she used the hostility between the High Houses and Vessel Houses to her advantage. The Princess rallied the Vessel Houses together, forming an alliance on the promise that she’d bring better equality if they helped her take down the King. The Vessel Houses, eager for an excuse to fight back, agreed.

TWO REBEL LEADERS MEET ON NEUTRAL GROUND...

The Vupaenth and Weisslogian rebels have formed a fragile alliance upon realization that they both share a common goal: overhrow their central government. Much to the horror of the aristocrats of both Kingdoms, the Princess and the Basilisk have began backing each other up in their endeavors to bring both Kingdoms to their knees.

UNREST IN PARADISE...

As the Republic of Ryseria grows stronger, its economy and infrastructure booming, it becomes the centre of innovation. The citizens enjoy harmony, equality and prosperity unparalleled. Until an Elder among the Elvish tribes sees a vision. In it, they solemnly report seeing Concordia burning -- children dying in battles they’re too young to fight in. They predict an oncoming apocalptic force that is going to spell the destruction of the entire continent if the divided citizens do not stand in unity and fight together. They urge the Republic’s leaders to seek audience with the Weisslogian and Vupaenth leaders so that the rebellions may be stopped. However, the citizens are hesitant, having just begun to prosper in their new-found freedom away from the rule of Weisslogia and Vupaenth.

[/div][/div]

The Cast
[div style="background:url(https://i.imgur.com/yOi1zuZ.jpg);padding:20px;background-attachment:fixed;width:80%;border-radius:20px;margin:auto;"]
[div style="text-align:center;background:rgba(0,0,0,0.5);padding:15px;border-radius:20px;font-size:12px;"][div style="margin: auto; width: 10rem; height: 10rem; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/y09BPIG.jpg); background-size: cover; border-width: .2rem; border-style: solid; border-radius: 200px; border-color: gray"][/div]

THE BASILISK

Leader of the Vupaenth rebellion. Contrary to popular belief, they are actually a she. The enigmatic leader was born to a high-ranking family that later fell out of grace. They were a military-oriented family, with her father being one of the best War Lords Vupaenth had ever seen. However due to ________, he was executed upon the King’s orders and his entire family was forced to flee before they followed the same fate.

THE REBEL PRINCESS

Strong-willed and stubborn, she was raised to succeed the King of the Weisslogian Kingdom. Her dream of ruling was subsequently shattered on he eighteenth birthday, when her mother gave birth to baby boy. The King, overjoyed, named him the new heir. Betrayed, hurt and angered beyond words, the Princess disappeared, surfacing a few days later to broadcast her status of open rebellion against the throne. Her relationship with her father has always been one of great complication. With her father being minorly abusive towards her, mocking her ruthlessly and chipping away at her self-esteem with crude remarks about her inadequacy. The announcement of a new heir was the final straw. She’s currently aligned with the Vessel Houses and the Basilisk’s rebels.

THE FALLEN STAR

A genius tactician who was a former apprentice of a well-known battle tactician sitting on the War Committee. He is the right hand man of the Basilisk. He is also an Enchanter, having self-studied the Runic Alphabet in great detail and aced the qualifying exams to allowed him to practice the craft. He was born poor single mother, who died early on. He has a knack for runes, and had hoped to specialize in magical defense on the tactician team. It was only when he discovered he had the ability to create runes did he dig further back to uncover a shocking parentage. He was the product of an affair between a legendary Celestial Enchantress (a part of his mother’s identity she’d completely hidden from him) and the Vupaenth King, who broke his mother’s heart when he exiled the pair of them due to _______.

THE WRETCHED KING

As a boy, he never wanted the throne, having preferred to get lost in the palace library instead of dallying the Kingdom’s affairs. After his father and elder brother’s abrupt passing (having been killed in battle), he was forced to step up as King. Thing happened in a blur; he was married to a woman he never met, started shouldering the burdens of a ruling and soon became a father, a figure whose responsibilties he never could quite meet. His mother passed not long after the birth of his daughter, causing him to spiral into an unhealthy mental state. He felt anger; why did his father have to die? And loneliness. These feelings of negativity were eventually taken out on his daughter and wife, as he turned to the embrace of alcohol and strange women. When his son was born, he named him the new heir because _______.

THE COLD KING

The ruler of the Vupaenth Kingdom is strategic, calculative and a master manipulator. He’s perfected his image over the years, solidifying his place in hierarchy as the all-powerful and untouchable monarch. He deftly pits his countless wives against one another, and greatly enjoys toying with his squabbling, power-hungry children, leading multiple to believe they have secured his favour and the subsequent title of heir. He himself was once a rebel, having killed three elder brothers and his father for his current position. His victory can be accredited to a former lover, in part, although not much is known about her; except the fact that she was a powerful Celestial Enchantress and gave him a child, before disappearing under mysterious circumstances.

THE SILENT QUEEN

She was groomed for the role at an early age by her own mother, having taken etiquette, politics, history and a variety of other subjects to mold her into the perfect ruler. Never once did she question her purpose. Her family took advantage of the late King and heir’s death, engaging to the younger, more timid brother who was crowned as King of Weisslogia. Shortly after the birth of her daughter, she discovered the unhappiness of having no control over one’s destiny. As her husband drank himself into a stupor and slept around with various women, she kept silent, suffering in isolation, with only her daughter for company. When he was abusive towards her, she kept silent. When he named their son as the new heir, she kept silent. Following the disappearance of her daughter, the Queen has been put in a position of conflict. She was close with the Princess, as they sought solace in each other. With the recent development of the rebellion, she couldn’t wonder what if _______.

THE WISE ELDER

Unlike what her name suggests, she’s actually quite young. Born to a large Elvish tribe, the Elder got her title after the passing of her father, as she was the eldest of his children. She’s been blessed with the gift of an exceptionally strong foresight, receiving vivid visions of the future ever since she was a child. Her latest vision bring disturbing news: Concordia will fall. She describes seeing winged, humanoid creatures waging war on he citizens. Alarmed, the Elvish tribes collectively persuade the Republic of Ryseria’s Premiers to take action. She is frustrated by their hesitance and has begun to take frequent trips to the Muthoag Isles, where a wide variety of non-human creatures reside, hoping to _______.

[/div][/div]

If reservations are a thing, I call the fallen star. If it's not, then I'll be applying for that role

Very interesting, I would be interested in the Basilisk or one of the Kings or maybe a character not listed above? Not sure how many writers/characters you are imagining

Silent screams bc I'm actually so excited, omg.
Hey everyone! I'm glad you all expressed interest in this roleplay. c:
The roles I've written above reflect the skeletal characters -- I have planned the future plot development, but I've purposefully left a few loose ends in here because I want the writers to have creative freedom, as well as any future joiners to form potential relationships with the existing ones. (Yes, there will be more roles added later on an as-needed basis, because the plot direction will be influenced by the characters, in part).

Unfortunately, since the first joiners are really the backbone of the roleplay I'm going to have to follow through with an admissions process. I shall ping you all when I've posted the cs page and application due date. ^^

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the setting and such. [Although I do plan to post the lore page in a bit].

Last edited:
I think the silent queen is a human and her steed is a dragon. butterfly aubade butterfly aubade I read the lore 4 times if she’s not human....this is witch craft. All evidence leads to human.
Edit: I bet my right thumb

Yet another update:
I will be extending the due date for applications as I now doubt my own ability to create a character before the 27th. [RIP].
The new deadline will be the 31st.

B U M P !
Added history + hierarchy to Vupaenth. Kingdom Geography [hopefully] will soon follow, along with a more comprehensive guide to the magic system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back