• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ❝ — long-term partner search (esp. m//) ▻ original plotlines, modern magic, high fantasy, etc. ❞

mindheist

your vibes, m’lord
[class name=button] box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; width: 100px; margin-right: 5px; margin-left: 5px; background-color: #e6e6e6; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 14px; color: #bbb; padding: 10px; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=selectedbutton] box-sizing: border-box; width: 200px; margin-right: 5px; margin-left: 5px; background-color: #bbb; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 14px; color: #fff; padding: 10px; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=button state=hover] color: #fff; background-color: #bbb; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=button on=click] hide tabcontents removeClass selectedbutton button set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (addClass selectedbutton buttonone) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (addClass selectedbutton buttontwo) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (addClass selectedbutton buttonthree) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (addClass selectedbutton buttonfour) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show tabcontentsone) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show tabcontentstwo) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show tabcontentsthree) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (show tabcontentsfour) [/script]
mindheist's partner search!
[div class="button buttonone"]001
[div class="button buttontwo"]002[/div] [div class="button buttonthree"]003[/div] [div class="button buttonfour"]004[/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentsone"]
hi there, thanks for dropping by my thread!
i'll get straight to it so here are a few main points about me:

• first off, you can call me heist! i go by any pronouns, though i lean towards he/him!
  • i'm a university upperclassman taking 17+ hours so please don't rush me too often!
  • i'm faster at brainstorming than i am at rping, but i will be able to post a few times a week at the very least.
  • the lowercase is just for aesthetic purposes. you can expect proper grammar and spelling from me!
  • m// is a must for the main pairing. however, i'd love to double, triple, etc. if you'd like, and those will be open to both m// and f//! no m/f please.
  • i play asian characters with asian faceclaims 99% of the time, but i'm open to any race or ethnicity you wish to have as a fc.
  • i have no preference between realistic and digital faceclaims! my only two wishes are that the pictures and faceclaims look clean and tidy.
  • for the more elaborated plots i listed on the next tab, i would like character sheets (particularly if our characters know each other beforehand). for the less elaborate plots, character sheets are optional but welcomed!
  • i have no triggers, but please be sensible if you wish to rp darker themes!
  • overall, i'm actually very talkative and will always shower you with ideas. please only contact me if you are willing to contribute to brainstorm, communicate, and will not drop our dm after only 3 messages.

what i look for in a partner:
  • 18+ in age please!
  • able to write in third person pov (can be in present or past tense)
  • have a strong sense of grammar and spelling !!!!
  • able to write 2-3 well-written paragraphs minimum, at least once a week
  • able to be realistic in writing characters and our story. please don't come to me for a dom/sub, top/bottom, or seme/uke dynamic.
  • able to develop dynamic characters and help create a dynamic storyline
  • not passive aggressive or rude, and are willing to brainstorm/work with me. i will not hesitate to drop you if you cannot act maturely.
  • lastly, be friendly and easy to talk to! we don't have to go into ooc too much if you don't want to, but please be willing to provide input and keep the ball rolling along!

if this all sounds good to you, then come check out my plot ideas in the next tab!
code by spidey
[/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentstwo" style="display: none;"]
hello hello, welcome to my plot ideas tab! i apologize if some ideas are more well thought-out than others, but that just means we have more we can develop together! also, please don't let the amount of text intimidate you - this is just a skeleton and we can always tweak it to our liking.

[*] means craving!

Universe: In the year X756, A was prominently known throughout the land to be a child prodigy who had grown up to be a brilliant genius by the age of 20, respected and admired by almost all in his home city. However, following an incident one night that yielded a massacre and unstoppable destruction by A himself, the young man who had once been loved was soon denounced and killed by the hands of the people who had adored him. His body, however, was never recovered, and despite the mass search for the resting place of his physical body and soul essence, A was never seen again, until nearly a century later by a young man who stumbles across his resting site and accidentally summons the fragments of his soul back to life.

The year is X834 and B is a student of the most prestigious university throughout the continent, and is well known for sneaking off outside the university and venturing off on his own to investigate strange occurrences such as ghost sightings and mysterious illnesses. One day upon exploring a place in which villagers had claimed to be haunted by unrestful demons, B is suddenly attacked. Yet, as he calls forth a powerful nearby spiritual entity to defend him, he's met with a peculiar sight as a young man materializes before him instead. The young man is none other than A, the famous prodigy-turned-traitor whose body had never been found for one hundred years and is now standing before him in all his flesh and blood.

Notes:
  • We can tweak this and change up the background details of each character, but I just wanted to convey that the underlying themes would be the reincarnation (-ish) idea, the rich magical world with amazing magical history, and many mini mysteries (a ghost at an ancient ruin site? a walking nightmare plague in a small village? gasp.) with a major underlying mystery that ultimately ties everything together, such as the events leading up to A's death and who the mysterious figure attacking B was.
  • It definitely has lots of opportunities for character development and world-building, along with that magical university charm!
  • I was also thinking that A and B could mirror each other in terms of intelligence and gifted ingenuity (ie, talented in spellcasting, dueling, technological inventions, new spell creations, etc.) while foiling each other in terms of personality! Sort of like a frenemies dynamic where they always bicker, but are also forced to stick near each other due to the nature of the spirit chain (and also, where can A go one hundred years after his death?)
word bank: magic realm, high fantasy, genius wizards, frenemies, magic university, reincarnation/revival, world-building, mini mysteries, secret conspiracy mystery

Universe: In this world, three realms coexist. Reigning high beyond the clouds stands the Heavenly City in all of its glory, ruled by the Heavenly King and home to former mortals who have passed their Heavenly Tribulation, ascended to Godhood, and been gifted divine powers and immortality. The gods, also known as the officials of the Heavenly Court, are tasked to keep worldly balance from the chaos of humans and ghosts/demons alike.

Down below, on the other hand, reigns the Ghost Realm, home to the Ghost King, his Demon Lords (the "Supremes"), and vengeful spirits unable to rest in peace and whose sole purpose is to wreak havoc in the mortal realm. Despite this, a bustling underworld city exists in the Ghost Realm, and while mortals and gods generally speak ill or avoid the realm, many also sneak in to explore the city, experience thrill, and gamble away at the expense of their lives or others'.

Plot: A and B are both Heavenly Court Officials, former humans who have ascended into godhood for decades or centuries and are worshipped by many in their temples below in the mortal realm. Despite their noble nature and similar levels of divine strength, they harbor a fierce rivalry that is unhidden to other officials. However, years later into their lives as gods, A's former kingdom is thrown into poverty and war, and while it is forbidden for divine officials to intervene in such large-scaled human affairs, A descends to the mortal world. In the end, A's kingdom is destroyed, and due to his rebellion and his loss of grace, A is struck down, his body disappearing and never to be seen again.

Centuries pass and B has gained power, known throughout the Court and the mortal realm as one of the most prominent gods. Meanwhile, A's death has become a notorious legend. Yet, centuries following this, A suddenly finds himself awake and conscious in the mortal realm with over one hundred years having passed. His memory, while blurred in some aspects, remain relatively intact along with his powers, albeit he has lost the strength he once had. Despite his attempt to blend in for days and weeks after his suddenly reincarnation, B discovers that A has somehow returned into existence.

Notes:
  • From how I explained this, it may seem like there's more emphasis on Character A, but in actuality B also plays an incredibly major role as he has been alive in the hundred years that A has been dead and will be knowledgeable in most things happening in the three realms.

• Optional side pairing: C is a newly-ascended god who B has taken as a disciple/mentee, and accompanies B everywhere during the latter's investigations and journeys to the mortal realm. D is a mortal (or human form Supreme) who discovers A after A reawakens, and ends up sticking to A no matter where he goes despite A's dismay. If we end up doing side pairings, perhaps one of us could play A and D while the other plays B and C, as A interacts mostly with D at the beginning (and likewise with B and C).
word bank: gods and deities, frenemies, heavenly court, ghost realm, mortal world, reincarnation/revival theme, world-building, mini mysteries with one underlying secret conspiracy mystery
inspiration: the was heavily inspired by a novel, but no background knowledge is needed!

Universe: In this world, three realms coexist. Reigning high beyond the clouds stands the Heavenly City in all of its glory, ruled by the Heavenly King and home to former mortals who have passed their Heavenly Tribulation, ascended to Godhood, and been gifted divine powers and immortality. The gods, also known as the officials of the Heavenly Court, are tasked to keep worldly balance from the chaos of humans and ghosts/demons alike.

Down below, on the other hand, reigns the Ghost Realm, home to the Ghost King, his Demon Lords (the "Supremes"), and vengeful spirits unable to rest in peace and whose sole purpose is to wreak havoc in the mortal realm. Despite this, a bustling underworld city exists in the Ghost Realm, and while mortals and gods generally speak ill or avoid the realm, many also sneak in to explore the city, experience thrill, and gamble away at the expense of their lives or others'.

Plot: Having suffered a life of misfortune that fueled him with wrath and vengeance, A is initially reborn as a weak spirit of the Ghost Realm, only to rapidly rise to power and become a Supreme in the underworld in records time.

B is a recently ascended God, brilliant and kind, adored by many for his grace and respected by others for his success at his Tribulation and Ascension. As an official of the Heavenly Court, he is granted both powers and a residence in the divine city, and is tasked to watch over the mortal realm and investigate concerning problems that arise from humans and ghosts.

While simultaneously in the mortal realm, A and B encounter each other, surprised to realize that it has been nearly two decades since they last met, shocked to find that one has ascended to Godhood while the other had died and is now serving the Ghost King as a Supreme Lord.

Notes:
  • I would definitely like a second pairing (side-ish pairing) to this one, as A and B will not always be interacting! C will be a god and D will be a Supreme, and I think it'd be a good idea for someone to play A and C while the other plays B and D. Their background/dynamic is flexible though and we can discuss more on this together!
word bank: godly official, supreme demon lord, tragic backstory, revenge, heavenly court, ghost realm, mortal world, investigations and mini mysteries, doubling, world-building
inspiration: the was also inspired by a novel, but no background knowledge is needed!

Universe: The world exists as two realms, the mortal realm and the magic realm, in which humans generally have no knowledge of the magic realm while wizards can freely travel between the two as long as they enter certain portals. Wizards are forbidden to reveal the knowledge of magic to humans, but also have a duty to protect the human realm from creatures that manifest into the world, therefore wizards have integrated into human society and live everyday lives while secretly combatting monsters during the night.

Plot: Imagine butchering a spell and accidentally teleporting into your long-time rival's bed. That's what happened to A.

Imagine minding your own business in the comfort of your dorm room to cram for an exam, only to have an all-too-familiar face suddenly teleport into your room, revealing that they too are a wizard. That's what happened to B.

Notes:
  • This is a much more flexible plot and leaves us a lot of room for world-building and development! If you like the universe but would like to try another plot, feel free to tell me!
  • Optional side pairing: C and D are A's and B's wizard best friends, and despite the fact that their best friends loathe each other out of existence, in secret, C likes D and D likes C - the only thing is that while they both get along well, they're in denial that the other likes them back despite the obvious signs. Thus, cue ambiguous dates, confusing texts, hesitant flirting, and disgusted best friends.
word bank: romcom, enemies-to-lovers, pining in denial, modern magic, mortal realm, magic realm, high fantasy, spells, secret potion shops, a mortal-realm wizard cafe, monster hunting, magic shenanigans

NOTE: of course, these are only suggestions and ideas! if there's something else you'd like to try, feel free to dm me with that too and we can discuss more!
code by spidey
[/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentsthree" style="display: none;"]
list of faceclaims i tend to use:

male faceclaims:
  • kim yonghee
  • neo minghao
  • kim yohan
  • ong seongwoo
  • kunpimook bhuwakul
  • na jaemin
  • nam joohyuk
  • xiao zhan
  • moby and madou

female faceclaims:
  • minatozaki sana
  • kim dahyun
  • kim jiwoo (chuu)
  • yabuki nako

if you have a preference for one or more of my faceclaims, feel free to mention so!
code by spidey
[/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentsfour" style="display: none;"]
pairings tba!
code by spidey
[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
please pm me if you're interested, preferably with a few points about yourself and which plot(s) catches your eye! thanks for reading, and hope to talk to you guys soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back