• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern โ๐‚๐ˆ๐“๐˜ ๐‹๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐’โž โ€” roleplay

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

erosful

(โˆฉ อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)โŠƒโ”โ˜†๏พŸ. * ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸ.
Roleplay Type(s)
REGIS ACADEMY'S WELCOMING GALA
As the summer comes to an end, students both old and new, scholarship and not, recollect at a gala hosted by the Hwang family, the richest among the academy's Board of Admissions.

Students are invited to join the crรจme de la crรจme for a night full of tension, brewing drama remaining from the former school year, as well as a warm welcome to the newest selection of scholarship students. Students must come in classy attire, and not required to attend with a parent. Drinks will be doled out to everyone, live music will be playing, and Headmaster Ambrose will present himself with a speech for the masses.

Enjoy the night. Don't do anything crazy.

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 1px 2px 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; font-weight: bold; color: #333; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #dc143c; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=tag3] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 5px 3px 5px; font-family: Playfair Display; color: #000; border: 1px solid #dc143c; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=home] color: #fff; width: 60px; height: 60px; margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000; padding-top: 5px; border-radius: 100%; border: 1px solid #000; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=home state=hover] color: #dc143c; transition: all 1s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 1px 5px 1px 5px; display: inline; color: #000; text-align: center; transition: all .5s; font-size: 12px; font-family: Avenir; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #dc143c; border: 1px solid #dc143c; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: all 1s; width: 294px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; background: #fff; color: #000; height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents07 [/script] [script class=home on=click] addClass show tabContents07 removeClass show tabContents01 [/script]
[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]location
on the way to the gala
[div class=tag3]interactions
n/a
[div class=tag3]tags
n/a
[/div]
[div class="tabContents tabContents07 show"]
Prelude: First Impressions
ANVrMf9.png

[div class="tab tab1"]read more
[/div] [div class="tabContents tabContents01"]
Why don't we see if you've got your story straight before we go?

"Fine."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Sophie Yang, third year art student at Regis Academy, here on a full-ride scholarship. My family and I live together in Zhonghe district in New Taipei. My father, Yang Fu-ming, is a pharmacist, and he keeps a garden in our backyard. My mother, Yi Wen-jie, teaches kindergarten."

"How do you feel about this new opportunity?"

"I am amazed and a little overwhelmed. People will pay momentary attention to me because I am here on scholarship. Since I am unfamiliar with the ways of this environment, I will be surprised by the attention. I will ingratiate myself into the community, but I must stay quiet and out of trouble

"Good. Let's just hope you're as good an actor as you are an artist."
--
Yang Shao-fei leaned against the window of Dong-hai's rental car, watching the shadows of trees pass as they drove towards the academy. She resisted the urge to pick at her fancy dress. Even after half a week of wearing clothes of a similar fare -- her auntie's idea -- she found the garment uncomfortable. It pulled tightly to her chest and waist, then fell to the floor with several tiers of ruffled fabric. That, along with the high heels she'd been made to wear, made it difficult to walk. She kept feeling as if she were going to trip -- and, despite the gownโ€™s bulk, she felt as if she were somehow exposed by how tight it was through the chest, not to mention the necklineโ€™s low curve.

Still, she had to admit that the gown made quite a difference. The girl she had seen in the mirror was a strange, yet elegant creature. The crimson dress, with its intricate ruffles and lace, matched the red barrettes in her hair. She also wore a pearl necklace -- modest by Regis Academy standards, but still worth a decent price. And it was all hers, paid for by crew funds. If she ran, taking the jewelry and the dress, she could earn a nice bit of money. Withdrawing now would be her safest bet, more tempting than she'd like to admit. So why, then, didn't she leave? Perhaps it was her promise to her family. This heist had millions of dollars on the line, and they depended on her. What she did from here on out could determine their fate. Her every instict told her that this was an outrageously stupid plan, but she was tempted, enticed, by the possibility that Lan-xin and the others offered. In the end, she had decided to stay, and that meant she had to do her part.

The car stopped suddenly, and Shao-fei looked up in surprise. One of the backseat doors opened, and a figure came in. Lan-xin smiled as she peeked her head around the passenger seat. Shao-fei let out a relieved breath, settling back into her seat. "I warned Dong-hai I'd be dropping by some time during the trip."

"And you didn't tell me?"

Lan-xin winked, swinging the door shut. "I wanted to surprise you."

Shao-fei rolled her eyes.

"So, are you ready for this evening?"

Shao-fei shrugged, hiding her nervousness. She looked down at her dress "So... how do I look?"

"Splendid." Lan-xin said. "You'll fit right in. Don't be nervous, darling -- the disguise is perfect."

For some reason, Shao-fei didn't feel so convinced by that reassurance. "Auntie?"

"Yes?"

"I've been meaning to ask this for a while,"
she said, glancing out the window, though she could barely see anything in the dark. "I understand the importance of this mission, but... do we really have to do it this way? Couldn't we just sneak in during the gala and take the painting?"

"Absolutely not,"
said Lan-xin. "Shao-fei, we're not dealing with the triads anymore. Some of the most powerful people in the world are connected to this school. Anything we leave behind here can and will be traced back to us, and if that happens, we will be destroyed."

And so will our families, Auntie's tone implied. "These people can never suspect that a crime has even happened here. That's why you're going to replace the painting with an imitation."

Shao-fei felt a slight chill in her spine, but she nodded in acquiescence.

"I don't put you into danger heedlessly, darling," Lan-xin said, leaning forward. "The only thing you need to worry about tonight is establishing Sophie Yang. You won't need to do anything dangerous or unusual tonight. Just be there, then leave when you think it's most convenient. We'll worry about deeper infiltration later."

Shao-fei nodded.

"Good girl," Lan-xin said, reaching out to push open the car door. "Have fun and be safe. I'll be staying nearby for the next few days."

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐˜†-โงพ-๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ปโ€ฒ๐˜€-๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐˜†-๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜€.454487/post-9951524[/div]

Last edited:
Carter
004b060eb726f94f92b51536899805ea.gif

k1aYukK.gif

The summer had finally ended and Carter had finally finished moving back into Regis, thankful for the chance to be far away from her family and out of Maine once again. She sat in her bed facing the long royal blue dress, that hung on the back of her door. She sighed, this was no where near her style, yes the dress was gorgeous, but she would have rather been in her jeans and a big sweatshirt. Regis made it seem like the gala was to welcome back students, new and old, but it was more about status and who had the best, and most expensive, outfit. Even so, Carter was excited to see her friends Iseabail and Clem. Some how Carter had become close friends with them over the past year.

She felt her phone buzz beside her, looking over she lifted it into her hand.

Notification : **GALA**

Why she felt like she would of needed the notification to reminder her of one of the biggest events of the school year. She rolled her eyes as she pushed herself off of her bed. Slowly making her way over to the dress, it was dauntingly starring her down. Part of her didn't want to show up, but she knew what that would do to her social standing. She ran her hand down the soft fabric, looking up at the dress she clenched the fabric between her fingers and took a deep breath before sliding it off the hanger and laying it across her arm. Carter made her way into the bathroom, carefully slipping into the long flowing dress. Leaning over the mirror she lightly applied some makeup and straightened her hair. Simplicity was something she preferred, the dress was already going to draw more attention than she could ever want.

Carter picked up her clutch, flask concealed within, and opened the door taking one last look at her room. Wanting to crawl back into bed, but there wasn't any time for that.

---------

Carter walked into the gala, through the large doors, it was as extravagant as ever. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she wandered further into the ballroom. Carter looked around for anyone she recognized whilst attempting to not look completely lost. She clutched her bag close as she made eye contact with the bartender, she swiftly moved across the room and found comfort in having someone to pass the time with till a friend showed up.

She ordered a coke leaning against the counter she slowly sipped on it, wishing she could enhance it just a bit, but this wasn't the moment to pull anything out of her purse. A sly smirk crossed her face as she watched the bartender pour drinks for the rest of the guests. He definitely wasn't too hard on the eyes, too bad he was busy taking drink orders. Turning around the watched the door waiting for a familiar face to walk in.

Interactions: Open Mentions: copacetic copacetic (Iseabail) leviathan. leviathan. (Clem)​

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 1px 2px 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; font-weight: bold; color: #333; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #d69754; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=tag3] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 5px 3px 5px; font-family: Playfair Display; color: #000; border: 1px solid #d69754; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=home] color: #fff; width: 60px; height: 60px; margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000; padding-top: 5px; border-radius: 100%; border: 1px solid #000; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=home state=hover] color: #d69754; transition: all 1s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 1px 5px 1px 5px; display: inline; color: #000; text-align: center; transition: all .5s; font-size: 12px; font-family: Avenir; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #d69754; border: 1px solid #d69754; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: all 1s; width: 294px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; background: #fff; color: #000; height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents07 [/script] [script class=home on=click] addClass show tabContents07 removeClass show tabContents01 [/script]
[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]mood
relaxed/delighted.
[div class=tag3]location
gala.
[div class=tag3]outfit
x x x
none
[div class=tag3]mentions[/div] none
[div class=tag3]tags[/div] [/div] [/div]

Inyoni

Gasa
Summer had ended entirely too early in her opinion. Regis could have spared a few more weeks for their students. There had been so many things that she wanted to do but the beginning of the school year had stopped her dead in her tracks. However, at least she was able to enjoy her summer while it lasted. Inyoni could admit that she had a wonderful time in Italy with her mother. It was far too great of an opportunity to pass up, seeing as her mother had been invited to teach at her dream college for the summer. So Inyoni had been able to take a grand tour and learn more about Polimoda. She had been more than impressed by what sheโ€™d seen. And oh, Italy itself was amazing. The architecture was something to be admired while the fashion nearly made her weep. Sheโ€™d spent hours shopping until she couldnโ€™t anymore and learning of the culture.

Yes, it was safe to say that her summer had been very fulfilling. Too bad that it had come to an end. Though the end of summer wasnโ€™t all bad she supposed. There was one thing that Inyoni looked forward to the most. The Regis Welcoming Ball was something that Inyoni enjoyed immensely. As an avid lover of social events like balls and galas, the welcoming ball was something she appreciated. Inyoni always went all out for it, dressing to dazzle those around her.

And speaking of dazzling, Inyoni admired the way her custom made sapphire and diamond jewelry shone in the light. They were made by her fatherโ€™s company of course and one of a kind, like her. Of course Inyoni could have went with Cartier but she decided on wearing something more personal for the gala. Inyoni smiled at her reflection in the full length mirror. Like every year she had gotten ready at some high end beauty parlor that was close to the school. Her day consisted of being pampered until she looked absolutely perfect, a challenge considering her already stunning visage.

โ€œYou look gorgeous my darling girl.โ€ Came a low, yet feminine voice from behind her. A hand was placed on her shoulder and the figure revealed themselves. Inyoni smiled as she looked at her motherโ€™s reflection, placing a hand on top of hers. โ€œToo bad that you are dolling yourself to leave us.โ€ Her words were in her native language, Yoruba.

Inyoni stepped down from small platform that she had been standing on. โ€œMother, you say this every year. You know that I will be back home before you realize. Please no tears this time, it is my senior year after all.โ€ She remover her motherโ€™s hand to hold it properly. โ€œCome, it is time for me to leave.โ€ She said as she pulled her along.

After a watery goodbye from her mother Inyoni finally made her way to the gala. Upon stepping inside she took a moment to admire the decor and scan the crowd. She then sashayed in further. Inyoni seemed to float as she walked in, her jewelry sparkling as it caught the light.
[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐˜†-โงพ-๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ปโ€ฒ๐˜€-๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐˜†-๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜€.454487/post-9951524[/div]

[div class=container] [div class=hold][div class=img][/div] [div class=name]iseabail macleod [div class=smaller][div class=overflow style="padding-right: 20px"]interactions: Carter | mentions: Clem| outfit: x| tags: Dazzle Dazzle leviathan. leviathan. [/div][/div][/div] [div class=follow]follow[/div][/div] [div class=center][div class=moodboard] [div class=aesthe style="background-size: 100%"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0a/ed/30/0aed301c2c346775ff5f9aa9f568fc6e.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bf/eb/a5/bfeba501c30ef7f159583d0aa3442ef8.jpg)"][/div]
[div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8e/fb/6c/8efb6c69664c6ad702acacb87f2d6f6f.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fb/ad/91/fbad9100259266a793ded95ec8a56886.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f0/65/91/f065919e513dd6c35ac6a95ac93a8920.jpg)"][/div] [/div] [div class=text][div class=overflow] Summer was both far too long and far too short at the same time. Iseabail was happy to be home. Just being on Skye made her feel happy and at ease. She had also missed her family dearly as summer was the only time she got to see them. She couldn't afford to come back home for the holidays, which broke her heart, but she knew she was incredibly lucky to be accepted to Regis Academy, let alone have everything covered under a scholarship. Despite being happy to be home, she still missed her friends. Texting and video chatting wasn't quite the same as seeing them daily. She spent her summer working, teaching tourists traditional dances, singing, and helping out on her father's tours. Though she never earned nearly the amount of spending money some of her friends had, it was enough to last her through the school year, especially because she now only gets money for her birthday and Christmas.

She flew back to New York alone, as always. Leaving her family at the airport with a last "Tha gaol agam oirbh!" (I love you!) before she walked through security. She could never sleep well on flights, so her first day was spent unpacking before crashing out early. She wanted to get a good night's rest as she knew the gala was always a tiring event. Granted it was always fun, but definitely exhausting. The day of the gala was dedicated to preparing for the gala. Most of it was on her hair. It took quite some time to take her curly hair and turn it into an elegant style fit for the gala.

Iseabail was putting the finishing touches on her makeup before she left. Leaning over her bathroom sink while she looked in the mirror, she swiped on a last coat of lipstick and fiddled with her hair. She didn't have the money to have her hair and makeup professionally done, but she thought she did a pretty good job overall. Satisfied, she smoothed out her dress, grabbed her purse, and walked out the door. She hiked the bottom of her dress up so it did not get dirty on her way to the gala (that would be her luck). Because she was a scholarship student, Iseabail had to get a bit creative to keep up with her affluent classmates. Namely, she had to use public transportation (which was quite the task to figure out when she first arrived) and thrifting clothes for events. She was lucky to find her dress for under ยฃ30 over the summer. A steal if you asked her.

Iseabail MacLeod was not nervous. No way. She was gonna blend in and have a good time with her friends. Her heels clicked as she walked into the gala. She walked through the crowd of students who had arrived before she had, saying hello to some acquaintances while looking out for her friends. A flash of familiar red hair at the bar caught her eye. With a sigh of relief, Iseabail hurried over to greet her friend. "Carter!" she called once she was close enough. "I missed you! Have you seen our dear Clem?" she asked, looking around for her fellow UK resident. Sure, it would be easier to say "fellow Brit", but that would mean calling herself British and Iseabail was under the strong opinion that she was Scottish, not British. In fact, it was something she liked to tease Clem about, usually getting a childish retort or action in reply.
[/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: @undine[/div] [class=container]height: 400px; max-width: 350px; padding: 15px; background: #e1e1e1; margin: auto; --button: #ff7676; --active: #303030 [/class] [class=hold]height: 23%; width: 91%; padding: 5%; top: 0%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; filter: grayscale(20%); [/class] [class=name]display: inline-block; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; position: relative; top: -4vw; left: 5%; transition: 0.8s [/class] [class=smaller]font-size: 8px; color: #909090; font-weight: 600; font-smoothing: antialiased; height: 27px; width: 120px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=img]height: 99%; width: 28%; display: inline-block; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/04/24/df/0424dfa4981c0a6df067f4f9e5286dc4.jpg); background-size: 125%; background-position: 40% 5%; filter: grayscale(0%) saturate(100%); border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid var(--button); cursor: pointer [/class] [class=follow]height: 2; width: 50px; padding: 2px; font-size: 10px; background: var(--button); border-radius: 3px; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; position: relative; top: 40%; float: right; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class name=follow state=hover]background: var(--active); cursor: pointer [/class] [class name=black]background: var(--active) [/class] [class name=blackt]color: var(--active) [/class] [class name=pink]color: var(--button) [/class] [class=center]height: 57%; width: 89%; padding: 3%; top: 5%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; text-align: center [/class] [class=moodboard]height: 100%; width: 100%; color: transparent; font-size: 19px; z-index: 5; overflow: hidden; line-height: 85px; position: relative; top: 4%; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class=high]top: -7% [/class] [class=low]top: 4% [/class] [class=overflow]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: auto; padding-left: 2px; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=aesthe]display: inline-block; border-radius: 4px; height: 36%; width: 25%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/62/7d/02627d8b514abd14b78786e56127da47.jpg); background-size: cover; [/class] [class=text]height: 65%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.7em; text-align: justify; opacity: 0; overflow: hidden; transition: 0.4s [/class] [class=vis]opacity: 1 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; font-size: 10px; opacity: 0; text-align: center [/class] [script class=follow on=click] addClass black follow addClass up moodboard removeClass down moodboard addClass high moodboard removeClass low moodboard addClass pink name removeClass blackt name addClass vis text [/script] [script class=img on=click] removeClass black follow removeClass up moodboard addClass down moodboard removeClass high moodboard addClass low moodboard addClass blackt name removeClass pink name removeClass vis text [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]height: 100%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 30%;[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]height: 30%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation]

o6S1Bmi.png
clement rivers

mentions: copacetic copacetic || with: lee || location: bottom of the steps >>> inside|| outfit: x x

Clem should've brought a coat.

He shivered, shifting on his feet a little while he looked down at his phone.

clem: herc where the hell are you

After a few fruitless refreshes, he sighed.

No new messages.

Heโ€™d been loitering at the steps outside the halls for the gala for a good fifteen minutes, and Lee hadnโ€™t even bothered to send him a measly omw. The idiot probably turned off his phone to conduct his shady side hustle "without interference". If he heard about the risks of bluejacking one more time, Clem might have to swim back to Northants.

The only ways people ever get him to show up to this annual popsicle-fest is if a), he's drunk off his mind or b), he has Lee in tow, and the dorm inspectors confiscated his stash three days ago. He takes a moment to remember and savor the look on Nguyen's face when she goggled at how much of the stuff he managed to fit under his bed. The veins were jumping out. Fucking mad.

Anyway, he'll give Lee ten more minutes. Ten more minutes, and he's booking it, swear on Mary.

Shoving his phone back into his suit pockets, Clem began to fiddle with his cufflinks. They shone in the eventide half-light, sickly rose gold against a lime-green sleeve. Absolutely horrendous, his mother pronounced when he sent her a picture of his gala clothes. I'm so embarrassed. Don't you dare wear that out, Clem! I'll come right over to America and beat your arse, I swear to God!

He wasn't sure how he managed to top last year, but he didโ€”and that was saying something.

Clem owned a lot of ugly suits.

This one was custom-made, pukey chartreuse with dull gold French patterning that glittered right in your eyesโ€”a true kitsch nightmare. The associate at Rosso's was physically twitching when he came by to pick up his commissioned monstrosity, but valiantly tried her damnedest to find things to flatter him about, talking his ear off about how โ€œavant-gardeโ€ it was, and how โ€œneo-post-post-nineties french was the future of fashion, sir!โ€ while he nodded amusedly, knowing full well how ugly it looked.

After a full five minutes of this farce, he excused himself and left, barely stifling his laughter. By the relieved sigh he heard behind him, he had probably made the right choice.

Cut to him at the bottom of the steps, blindsiding innocents with his truly atrocious attire. The guests heading in blanched when they saw him at the stepsโ€”some avoided eye contact while conspicuously speeding past him to the entrance of the halls, their expressions absolutely priceless, while those who knew him just rolled their eyes and sauntered past in their much more tasteful outfits, not forgetting to roast him as they passed.

โ€œRivers! Getting uglier every year, I see!โ€

Louis Walkman (Mr. Walkie Talkieโ€”Clem earned a punch to the arm for that one), a returning senior & his former sparring partner, decked out in Dolce & Gabbana, yelled out from his gaggle of friends as they headed towards the massive mahogany doors.

โ€œBold shit to say to someone who always beat your ass in warmups!โ€ Clem called back, startling the small crowd of pigeons that had gathered at his feet. Bastards. You stand still for barely 15 minutes and you get swarmed.

Walkie barked a laugh at his reply and gave him a lazy middle finger before striding into the (warm, so warm, Clem thought wistfully) venue with his friends.

Good man.

Terrible at hand-to-hand combat though
, he mused as he rummaged around his inner jacket pocket for his phone to shoot a text. Weird for such a big bloke.

to: merida ๐Ÿ‘‘

clem the magnificent: hey izzy biz

clem the magnificent: my scottish princess

clem the magnificent: wya

No reply. She's probably inside hogging all the champagne, lucky broad.

clem the magnificent: herc has abandoned me, and now you !

clem the magnificent: et tu merida

et tu?????

"Hey, idiot. Look up. I'm here."

The voice came from right in front of him, low and unamused, and Clem whipped his head up to see the pigeons gone and his Best Mate & Anorak Extraordinaire, Hercules du Rรชveilles, standing in their place, twenty minutes late and infuriatingly fit.

"Who the hell are you calling an idiot?"

Clem gave him a playful shove and Lee went sprawling with as much grace as you can when you're a scrawny mint who can't take a breeze without eating dirt.

"The eyesore loitering suspiciously in front of a banquet hall who shoves people for no good reason." Lee sniffed, sitting up and dusting off his snazzy clothes.

"There was a good reason though," Clem chirped, in a good mood after seeing Lee make a fool of himself. "You're a git! What took you so long anyway? I almost left, asshole!"

"None of your business."

Clem rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I bet you were doing some stupid shit with that Maurier girl, eh? Or maybe talking to Norton. Running your 'business'."

He helped Lee onto his feet with one hand and adjusted his perpetually askew glasses for him. They fell right back into place when Lee tilted his head back, but hey, it's the thought that counts.

Lee slapped his hand away and huffed.

"First of all, it's called information broking, and I'm appalled that a journalism focus of all people doesn't understand its value. And second of all, how do you know the name of the head of janitorial staff?"

"Whatever, duuuuude," Clem drew the last word out, going pitched and nasally like a proper American and started walking to the doors, Lee unconsciously falling into step beside him. "You're here now, aren't you? I'm cold as fuckโ€”let's go in and scare some newbies. Heard they were giving some of the broke applicants scholarships this year, so there's more of 'em than usual."

"It's already hell dealing with you. Now they're getting more? God forbid."

"Hey, hey! You wound me, Lee. I shelled out like everyone else here!"

As they crossed into the ballroom foyer, the two were bathed in warm light and soft music. The gala was in full swing, glittering high ceilings and absolutely teeming with the poshest of the posh, the very picture of glamour and wealth. Clem grabbed two flutes of champagne right off one of the trays with one hand and handed one off to Lee, who made a face as he held the glass all proper-like.

"Here's to another fucking year in Regis, Herc. Let's get shit-faced."

"Right. You do that."

And then they strode straight into the masses, Lee nursing his glass while Clem downed his third.

codedbycrucially | hidden scroll

Last edited:
Madison
tumblr_oa00hipnaB1tet3p9o2_250.gifv

Madison hadn't changed his ways, he continuously took the first chance he got to run away from his problems. Just like when him and his sister moved from North Carolina the first time. Ran away from his ex and all of his friends, ran from his mother's death and the depression that brewed deep inside of him. Madison didn't like to face his feelings, and when he was given the chance to pick up and move to the city, he jumped at the chance. His dad had moved them all to New York for his father's new job and Aria and Mads were put into Regis so they could get a better education and have a better chance at colleges when the time came.
---
Mads stood in front of the daunting, large doors, patting down his sleeves he looked to his right to see his sister pulling at her fingers. "Hey." He spoke softly, nudging her with his shoulder. "You're going to be fine."

He stepped forwards and opened the door for Aria to walk in ahead of him. His mouth dropped as he saw how insane the decorations were, he felt like he had walked into a movie. Mads had never been around anything like this, as someone walked by with a tray of champagne he didn't hesitate at the opportunity. Mads smirked, raising his eyebrows as he tried to take it all in.

"This is insane." He half whispered to himself, half talking to his sister. He watched as a guy with blonde hair wearing a green suit that reminded him of a couch in his grandmothers old home. "Wow, this is a whole new level of rich kid." Madison was impressed to say the least, he didn't expect to see runway like outfits. Maybe he was under dressed in his black suit.... Madison thought about it for a moment and realized he was okay with being under dressed.

Interactions: Open Mentions: leviathan. leviathan. (Clem)

Aria
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6379694a51765478674237336c413d3d2d3337393838393937362e3135356134626637666465626235643135313138393035363831382e676966

rBVaGlU3ErCAPIe8AAGRIw_hOTE209.jpg

Aria was intimidated by the giant doors in front of her, if it wasn't for Madison, she most definitely would have run the opposite direction. A galla was not her thing, none of this was her thing. As Mads opened the door Aria took a deep breath and dropped her hands to her side grabbing at the sides of her dress attempting to ground herself. She stretched out her fingers and looked up at her brother again before gingerly walking into the galla.

Aria's jaw dropped, as she took in everything around her. She didn't know where to look, completely overwhelmed by everyone and everything around her. She zoned out for a moment distracted, quickly being brought back as her brother took a glass of champagne off of some waiters tray who happened to not be paying enough attention. His height made him look older than he was, despite the baby face he wore.

She shook her head no, watching as the boy in green strode by, he stood out compared to the rest of the boys. Aria hated standing out, she gave him props to being so comfortable in your own skin to not even care what others thought. She didn't feel that way, she would rather hide in the corner than be out in the open like he was. Maybe she shouldn't have chosen the red dress, it was so out there, but then she looked around at some of the girls, and realized her and Mads were probably the most modest dressed at the gala.

Interactions: Open Mentions: leviathan. leviathan. (Clem)

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 1px 2px 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; font-weight: bold; color: #333; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #dc143c; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=tag3] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 5px 3px 5px; font-family: Playfair Display; color: #000; border: 1px solid #dc143c; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=home] color: #fff; width: 60px; height: 60px; margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000; padding-top: 5px; border-radius: 100%; border: 1px solid #000; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=home state=hover] color: #dc143c; transition: all 1s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 1px 5px 1px 5px; display: inline; color: #000; text-align: center; transition: all .5s; font-size: 12px; font-family: Avenir; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #dc143c; border: 1px solid #dc143c; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: all 1s; width: 294px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; background: #fff; color: #000; height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents07 [/script] [script class=home on=click] addClass show tabContents07 removeClass show tabContents01 [/script]
[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]location
gala
n/a
[div class=tag3]tags
n/a
[/div]
Hidden in Plain Sight
zt1OLnx.png

Shao-fei was unprepared for how bright Regis Academy would be in the darkness. The school's great hall was envoloped in an aura of misty light. As her car approached, she noticed eight enormous searchlights aimed towards the building. Shao-fei had trouble determining their purpose. The gala was to happen indoors -- why light the outside of the building?

"Head on inside," said Dong-hai from the driver's seat. "Don't spend too much time gawking"

Shao-fei shot him a glare he couldn't see, waiting in impatient nervousness as the car rolled to a stop in front of the school. An attendant immediately opened the car door for her. She climbed out, trying with as much grace as possible to pull the bottom of her dress out of the car.

Not too fast, her aunt's coaching resounded in her head. Up the carpet so the dress didn't rub on the ground. Behind her, Dong-hai's car drove off. Still, she pressed on, trying to swallow her discomfort. She passed by teenage boys and girls in various suits and gowns. They weren't looking at her, but somehow she felt exposed. Everyone else looked so beautiful and comfortable in their formalwear, and Shao-fei's movements weren't nearly as natural as theirs. Her hands started to sweat.

She forced herself to continue. Shao-fei introduced herself at the door and presented her invitations to the attendents. A crowd of party-goes pooled in the foyer, readying themselves to enter the ballroom.

What am I doing? she thought uneasily. She could deal with gangsters and thugs, thieves and burglaries, street-fights and beatings. Yet facing these obscenely rich men and women... walking amongst them in the light, visible, unable to hide... it terrified her.

Hide! Find a corner! Shadows! Darkness! Anywhere!

Shao-fei clasped her hands rigidly in front of her, walking forward through the crowd. Everything her aunt had coached her on was evaporating. She couldn't remember names, stories, anything.

She stopped just inside the ballroom, and an imperious-looking blonde boy in a black suit turned to look at her. Shao-fei froze.

The boy looked over her with a dismissive glance then turned away, returning to his conversation. She could hear the word "scholarship" whispered. Shao-fei glanced apprehensively at her surroundings. A group of girls were looking at her.

And yet it didn't feel like they were really seeing her. They were studying the dress, the hair, the jewelry. They saw the neckline, the pearls, and the makeup. But they didn't see her.

None of them could see Shao-fei, only the face she had put on -- the face she wanted them to see. They saw Sophie. It was as if Shao-fei weren't even there.

And suddenly, the tension began to dissipate. She let out a long, calming breath. Auntie's training returned, and she channeled her remaining anxiety into the look of a naive young girl amazed by her first gala.

She could do this. She was still nervous, but the moment of panic was past. She didn't need shadows or corners to hide her -- all she needed was a mask of jewels, makeup, and deep red fabric.

[div class=container] [div class=hold][div class=img][/div] [div class=name]eloise laurent [div class=smaller][div class=overflow style="padding-right: 20px"]interactions: inyoni | mentions: clem| outfit: x x| tags: erzulie erzulie leviathan. leviathan. [/div][/div][/div] [div class=follow]follow[/div][/div] [div class=center][div class=moodboard] [div class=aesthe style="background-size: 105%"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/3b/e0/ec/3be0ece4354fbc9ea1edfa2e50ef53f4.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a7/d4/fd/a7d4fd054ae374d725edf5426960b048.jpg)"][/div]
[div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/76/be/67/76be6780168c21a103d2c2a14015946d.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/68/d0/f6/68d0f66d3171f0799e45bccb565c6e09.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/55/81/af/5581afdf875e172237c1cce0e94e78aa.jpg)"][/div] [/div] [div class=text][div class=overflow] For the most part, Eloise's summer was perfectly relaxing and uneventful. Well, after her visit with her mother. She was excited to see her, however it was a short-lived feeling when she found out that the new season of Greg's reality show was filming. Her step-father has a reality show similar to Keeping Up With the Kardashians, just without as many "K" names. Eloise hated it. The way producers would encourage drama, the way the editors took her words and twisted them, the constant feeling of being followed by cameras. It was all so exhausting. She tried to stay holed up in her room, but she doesn't see her mother often and she sees her siblings even less. She wanted to spend as much time as she could with them, even though her brat siblings have a fascination with repeating everything she says with an exaggerated accent. Their mother had the same accent, so she truly didn't understand the intrigue.

Once she was finally home with her grandparents, it felt like a weight had been taken off of her shoulders. She could just be herself, rather than the persona she held up for the cameras. Frankly, it was even relieving to hear people speaking, her native language. Her first day back in Paris was spent downing coffee just to stay awake until a reasonable bedtime so she could adjust to the time change, but the following weeks were spent with her Mรฉmรจre and Pรฉpรจre. Eloise adores her grandparents, so being home with them (and their dog that she missed greatly) was a treat. She was so grateful that they were able to give her a normal life. Her moments in the spotlight were always miserable, so she was sure she would be a much unhappier person if she went with her mother, though the thought makes her feel guilty.

Before her summer ended, Eloise and her Mรฉmรจre set off on their annual back-to-school shopping trip on the Champs-ร‰lysรฉes. Eloise already had more clothes than she knew what to do with, but she justified the trip since she needed a dress for the gala. She couldn't help but pick up a few new pieces for her and things for her grandparents while she was on her search. She ended up in Chanel to pick up a new pair of her usual sling backs and a beautiful lilac dress caught her Mรฉmรจre's eye. Eloise fell in love and ordered it on the spot.

The end of the summer was bittersweet. Her birthday was always a mark for the end of the summer, falling shortly before she would have to leave for a new school year. Leaving home was always difficult, even with the promise of seeing friends and having fun. As per tradition, the day before she left, Eloise and her grandparents went out to breakfast at her favorite cafe, spent the day at the Musรฉe d'Orsay, and then had Mรฉmรจre's home cooked ratatouille for dinner. Her flight was early, so it was always an early night before she left. A tearful goodbye was shared at the airport before Eloise set off for another year at Regis. The holidays seemed so far away.

The unpacking process was always the worst part about returning to school. Eloise had a very organized wardrobe, so unpacking was a lengthy task. She sorted her clothes by type and color, with the exception of her gala dress, which was hanging on her closet door, ready to wear. The day of the gala, Eloise had an appointment booked with her mother's New York hair stylist and makeup artist. She left with an elegant curled updo and flawless makeup. Just before she had to leave for the gala, she slipped into the flowing lilac dress and draped the scarf around her neck, tying it in the back to ensure it didn't fall off.

She confidently walked through the doors of the gala, looking around and assessing her classmates. It wasn't hard to spot Inyoni, the much taller girl looked stunning as always. Eloise walked to her friend with a smile. "Inyoni, you look amazing as always! It's been too long. How was your summer?" she asked. Shortly after the words left her lips, a figure in chartreuse caught her eye. Oh. Oh no. What was that poor soul wearing? And more importantly, why? "Mon dieu, that is... interesting to say the very least," she muttered. The fashion-obsessed girl couldn't believe someone would even design a monstrosity like that and also couldn't believe that anyone in their right mind would buy it. "Please tell me I am hallucinating," she directed at her friend.
[/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: @undine[/div] [class=container]height: 400px; max-width: 350px; padding: 15px; background: #e1e1e1; margin: auto; --button: #ff7676; --active: #303030 [/class] [class=hold]height: 23%; width: 91%; padding: 5%; top: 0%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; filter: grayscale(20%); [/class] [class=name]display: inline-block; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; position: relative; top: -4vw; left: 5%; transition: 0.8s [/class] [class=smaller]font-size: 8px; color: #909090; font-weight: 600; font-smoothing: antialiased; height: 27px; width: 120px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=img]height: 99%; width: 28%; display: inline-block; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ec/97/03/ec97031413cc472d6b586a738187f460.jpg); background-size: 125%; background-position: 40% 10%; filter: grayscale(0%) saturate(100%); border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid var(--button); cursor: pointer [/class] [class=follow]height: 2; width: 50px; padding: 2px; font-size: 10px; background: var(--button); border-radius: 3px; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; position: relative; top: 40%; float: right; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class name=follow state=hover]background: var(--active); cursor: pointer [/class] [class name=black]background: var(--active) [/class] [class name=blackt]color: var(--active) [/class] [class name=pink]color: var(--button) [/class] [class=center]height: 57%; width: 89%; padding: 3%; top: 5%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; text-align: center [/class] [class=moodboard]height: 100%; width: 100%; color: transparent; font-size: 19px; z-index: 5; overflow: hidden; line-height: 85px; position: relative; top: 4%; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class=high]top: -7% [/class] [class=low]top: 4% [/class] [class=overflow]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: auto; padding-left: 2px; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=aesthe]display: inline-block; border-radius: 4px; height: 36%; width: 25%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f7/73/8a/f7738aa9394d07648bfef333685289c5.jpg); background-size: cover; [/class] [class=text]height: 65%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.7em; text-align: justify; opacity: 0; overflow: hidden; transition: 0.4s [/class] [class=vis]opacity: 1 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; font-size: 10px; opacity: 0; text-align: center [/class] [script class=follow on=click] addClass black follow addClass up moodboard removeClass down moodboard addClass high moodboard removeClass low moodboard addClass pink name removeClass blackt name addClass vis text [/script] [script class=img on=click] removeClass black follow removeClass up moodboard addClass down moodboard removeClass high moodboard addClass low moodboard addClass blackt name removeClass pink name removeClass vis text [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]height: 100%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 30%;[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]height: 30%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation]

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 1px 2px 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; font-weight: bold; color: #333; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #d69754; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=tag3] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 5px 3px 5px; font-family: Playfair Display; color: #000; border: 1px solid #d69754; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=home] color: #fff; width: 60px; height: 60px; margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000; padding-top: 5px; border-radius: 100%; border: 1px solid #000; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=home state=hover] color: #d69754; transition: all 1s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 1px 5px 1px 5px; display: inline; color: #000; text-align: center; transition: all .5s; font-size: 12px; font-family: Avenir; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #d69754; border: 1px solid #d69754; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: all 1s; width: 294px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; background: #fff; color: #000; height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents07 [/script] [script class=home on=click] addClass show tabContents07 removeClass show tabContents01 [/script]
[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]mood
aghast
[div class=tag3]location
gala.
[div class=tag3]outfit
x x x
Eloise
[div class=tag3]mentions[/div] Clem
[div class=tag3]tags[/div] copacetic copacetic leviathan. leviathan. [/div] [/div]

Inyoni

Gasa
Inyoni was enjoying herself immensely already. She had grabbed a flute of champagne from a passing server and was nursing it. She took the time to savor the taste on her tongue and the feel of the bubbles tickling her lips. It wasnโ€™t long before people began flocking to her, spotting her tall figure amongst the crowd of students and staff. She politely chatted with them of course, exchanging stories about her summer and compliments people on their attire if they deserved it. This continued on for a while. Inyoni talked to both students and professors alike. Like all galas, or at least the ones hosted by the elite of society, there was a level of fakeness. Insults were thinly veiled and she had witnessed some of her fellow students talking about the newer scholarship students.

Inyoni wasnโ€™t too different. Her sharp tongue threw insults as well, talkings circles around many and cowing even more. She judged some of her fellow students as well, though because of their appearance rather than their social status. Inyoni had finished her champagne and was feeling pleasantly warm yet nowhere near drunk. Seeing as she had been drinking champagne and wine since she was sixteen she had built up quick the tolerance to alcohol.

โ€œAnd it has been too long. I admit that I missed you during the vacation. My summer was amazing, my mother and I spent it in Italy. I was able to take a tour at Polimoda and I shopped enough for a small army.โ€ Inyoni chuckled lowly. โ€œBut what about you? How was your summer darling?โ€

As soon as Eloise had mentioned someoneโ€™s less than appealing outfit to her Inyoniโ€™s gaze was on them like a hawk. The young woman almost flinched as her gaze landed on the suit. She turned her attention back to Elosie only because she was afraid of ruining her eyes with such a sight. โ€œThat...Iโ€™m afraid you are not. How could security let such a vulgar display in?โ€

Last edited:
JOSH L. TOMES
mood: anxious
tags: leviathan. leviathan. copacetic copacetic erzulie erzulie
[div class="heading"]

Another day. Another struggle.

That was essentially Joshua's motto for life. Every day was just a downright struggle for him. From the strenuous task of getting out of bed, to the equally unbearable hardship of having to face himself in the mirror every morning. Everything about him was... well, to Joshua at least, unpleasant. He definitely did not by any means live up to the expectations of his parents. In his eyes, at least. Sure, he had the fancy scholarship and the fake friends and the money, but even then... did it really mean anything? He wasn't interested in the entrepreneur business as his parents were, by any means. It was all just so... superficial to him. He respected his parents for what they had accomplished, sure. They had done a lot of good with their money. From donating to copious amounts of charities to helping raise funds for elementary schools... his parent's weren't bad people.

But the pressure that was placed on him by society was almost like a chain around his neck. The pressure to be something great. Something astounding. In truth, Joshua didn't want to be either of those things. He just wanted to be Joshua Tomes. But here he was now, getting ready for this gala. It would serve as a good distraction from the burdens of his unbearable home life, sure. If there was one thing that he didn't feel too pressured by, it was the students of Regis Academy. Perhaps it was because he felt that same pressure that had been placed on him on these other students. He wasn't particularly close with anyone here, at least not on any personal levels. Sure, he would consider himself "friends" with people at this prestigious academy, but he would be a liar if he said that he interacted with any of them outside of the school year.

Regardless, Joshua finally emerged from the steam-filled bathroom after roughly an hour of getting ready. He hadn't seen anyone since his Sophomore year, so it would be nice to reconnect and catch up with his fellow classmates on what they had been doing this past year. He had his usual hairstyle already done: slicked back to the right side of his head in the front and a fair amount of gel rubbed in so he could keep it in place. He wore a slick black tuxedo, one which was as dark as pure charcoal. The bow tie that he neatly had placed beneath his collar was a matching shade of black, and of course he had the classic contrasting white beneath it all. Shiny black shoes accompanied his generically decorative attire, and he had on some fresh new cologne to top it all off. Joshua sighed to himself and nodded slightly, before making his way out of his house and into his private limousine, and was driven back to the school for the first time in three and a half months.

The ride to the gala was quiet, as usual. Not that there was much to really be said. His chauffeur had already loaded all of his luggage for the year into the back of the limo, not that Joshua really needed him to. He was perfectly fine doing it on his own. Though, at this point it was just another thing he was accustomed to. As he watched the endless trees pass by, thoughts of the new year emerged inside of Joshua's mind. How much had everyone changed? Would they still approve of him? Had he put on weight over the summer? Should he have been eating less? Would there be anyone new that he had to make a good impression towards? It was thoughts like these that plagued Joshua's mind in quiet moments like this.

When they finally pulled up to the school, Joshua quietly exited the limousine and followed his chauffeur back to his dorm room. The walk was peaceful and quiet. Now that he had the sights of the school to accompany him, Joshua could finally focus on something other than those unwanted party crashers that screamed through his synapses. They oftentimes came in the form of memories or thoughts about the various issues on his proverbial checklist of things he himself thought he needed to be even decent as a human being. But now that he was here, back at this school, he could finally relax. He did the usual welcoming party that he had gone through for the past two years. And by that, he of course meant unpacking all of his clothes and putting them away one by one. It was one of the few things that he felt he truly had control over, so Joshua savored every moment of that particular interaction. When those few blissful minutes ended, however, Joshua did one last check in the mirror to see if he looked up to par with the standards of everyone around him, and the Tomes family name. He doubted it, but reluctantly proceeded anyways.

XX AT THE GALA XX

Joshua made his way inside the Gala with the best possible smile that he could wear. Much like this school in general, social interactions and partying were some of the few things that distracted Joshua from this pressured life he found himself living. While the thoughts rang in the back of his mind like angry doorbells, he made it a point not to get drunk or high in public spaces so his astute image wouldn't be sullied, let alone his family's. But regardless of any of that, he made it a point to remain as socially active as possible. He maintained his studies, of course, but those came like second nature to him. It was how he managed to get the scholarship to this place, of course. His parents could have easily paid him in, but scholarships simply "looked better for the family". While his parents were charitable and kind-hearted people, there was certainly no denying that they too had more of an air of keeping up good public appearances about them than even Joshua himself.

Which was why they were concerned about some of his choices in friends.

Yes, if there was one person that his parents or those around him at home couldn't fathom why he would ever associate himself with, it was Clement Rivers. While he certainly had the money to back himself up, the one word that his parents always used to describe him was "delinquent." Sure, a lot of the staff and pretty much everyone at the school liked him, but he'd be a fool if he wasn't aware of the equally notable traits of getting into fights, back-talking authority, getting drunk, and generally being the classic definition of a "rule-breaker". But, at the end of the day, all of these were done with good intentions behind them, something that Joshua had to remind his parents of on multiple occasions. And on those occasions, he was always met with the same answer. "He'll blow all his money away before he even finishes college!" His dad would declare, before his mom followed up with, "And he's such a dreadful influence!" But, unlike everything else in his life, this fact didn't make him feel overwhelmed or pressured.

Joshua didn't quite know why, either. He assumed it was because Clem's carefree attitude was such a welcome change of pace from what he had grown accustomed to. The way he generally carried himself practically screamed "I give zero fucks!" And Josh... respected that. Admired it, even. After years and years of trying to avoid his own urges to party and let loose, seeing Clem do it so freely and nonchalantly was something Joshua respected the hell out of, especially at formal gatherings such as this. Like right now, Joshua had walked in on him alongside Lee, another one of his friends, screaming about how he was going to get shitfaced and wearing clothes that not even his dog would be caught wearing. The sight gave Joshua a slight chuckle as he shook his head in disbelief.

"Loud as ever." Joshua said as he approached Clem and Lee, still shaking his head. Joshua took a small glass of champagne, one that was much more thin and slender than the one Joshua held, and sipped out of it. While he made sure not to outright get drunk, Joshua was very much a social drinker. However, years of experience in the partying field gave Joshua an accurate gauge of when and how to limit himself, so he was grateful for that aspect of his life. His eyes looked over the outfit Clem wore as he took his first sip. "I see you came dressed for the occasion," He said, smiling politely as he did a quick nod of his head and chuckled lightly. "I mean... I thought there was no way you'd top last year's disaster, yet once again the great Clement Rivers proved me wrong." He said, before his head cocked over to Lee, and his eyes met his. "Were you in on this before the Gala, or did Clem keep it a surprise for both of us?"

[/div]
code// just-peachy!

v57VPuy.jpg
hercules du rรชveilles

mentions: copacetic copacetic , Abendrot Abendrot || with: clem>>> thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore >>>none || location: foyer entrance|| outfit: x

Lee the person was not someone who liked going to social gatherings of any kind. When he walked into the ballroom, the only things he saw under the thin glamorous veneer were middling refreshments, subpar entertainment, and petty people, desperately endeavoring to one-up each other over matters of title and wealth.

A pathetic tableau, to be sure. The reasons why heโ€™d rather abstain were obvious.

Lee the businessman, however.

When Lee the businessman surveyed the gala, all he saw were dollar signs.

Thereโ€”Vanessa Wong, heiress to a veritable pharmaceutical empire, engaged to the reedy Slavic blonde at her side, Ivon Rushdreyev, whoโ€™s father patented a battery of new cancer drugs set to hit the market in 2023.

Both cheating on the other, Lee observed (while keeping half an eye on Clement to make sure he didnโ€™t fall into the punchbowl like last time), evident by the way Rushdreyev kept looking at his phone while Miss Wong made eyes at a female attendant who shyly avoided her gaze.

And over by the dimly lit corridorโ€”Tiffany Makowski, sophomore, and Dane Jackson, senior, whispering with their heads bent together. Was that a baggie of Xanax he saw exchange hands?

He smirked. Not five minutes in, and heโ€™s already turned a profit.

Tagging along with Clement may not have been an egregious lapse in judgment after all.

โ€œWhatcha lookinโ€™ at, Leelee?โ€

A puff of drunken breath landed on the shell of his ear, making Lee shiver involuntarily as an unwelcome warm weight descended on his person. Clement fully leaned into his side and rested his head on his shoulder, brute that he was, almost making Lee lose his footing.

โ€Is it a seeeecret?โ€

Lee rolled his eyes.

โ€œYes, it is. Might as well get some benefits from coming here with you. Do you know a girl named Vanessa Wong?โ€

Clementโ€™s flushed face lit up in recognition with the mention of her name. Lee allowed himself a small smile.

One of the perks of hanging out with a social butterfly.

โ€œNesser! Yeah, yeah, I know her! Sheโ€™s was in Chem with me, wicked smart. Always with her girl friendsโ€”theyโ€™re really very close.โ€

Bingo. โ€œAre they?โ€

โ€œYeah, totally. Joined at the hip, swear to God, she takes them with her to the bathroom for positively ages-โ€œ Clement stopped in the middle of his spiel to steal a full tray of hors d'oeuvres from the buffet table, and blissfully ignoring the dozen killer glares that lasered onto him as he did. He started shoveling them into his mouth, continuing his sentence around a mouthful of bacon-glazed Turkish fig.

โ€œI donโ€™t know what they get up to in there, honestly, theyโ€™ve installed smoke detectors in every stall, what could they possiblyโ€”โ€œ

It was then that Lee, with some regret, shut Clement up by reaching up and closing his mouth. Even if it was valuable information, there were some things that he could not stomachโ€”like watching his best friend chew with his mouth open.

โ€œAppalling. Eat with at least a modicum of decency, Clement! Honestly. What do the English teach their children?โ€

Clement merely gave him a smug look, leaning into the fingers that gripped his jaw, and swallowed before replying with his own barb.

โ€œThey teach us how to offend the sensibilities of the French, donโ€™t you know?โ€

That earned him a sneer.

โ€œWhy am I friends with you again?โ€

โ€œAw baby, you know you love me.โ€

Clement gave him a winkโ€”though, given his inebriation, it looked more like a particularly unusual blinkโ€”and hooked his arm around Leeโ€™s shoulder, manhandling him further into the crowd.

โ€œAnyway, I want to find Izzy before my vision starts to blur. I need to berate her for abandoning me in your cold, callous clutches.โ€

โ€œIโ€™m half-tempted to push you off.โ€

โ€œJust try it, Herc. Iโ€™m a bit pissed, but I could still take you down in a second!โ€

โ€œLoud as ever, I see.โ€

Both of them turn to see a reserved looking student in a well-tailored suit approaching them.

"I see you came dressed for the occasion," he chuckled, giving Clement a once over.

โ€œThe Tomes! How the fuck have you been? You like my digs?โ€

โ€œI mean... I thought there was no way you'd top last year's disaster, yet once again the great Clement Rivers proved me wrong.โ€

Clem barked a laugh and slapped the man on the back while Lee took a closer look at him, trying to put a name to the face.

Joshua Tomes, his brain supplied. American. Same writing class as Clement. From the business conglomerate Tomes. Painfully anxious, with obvious imposter syndrome. Lee narrowed his eyes.

Nothing serious, so heโ€™ll let him be.

Joshua looked up from his laughter and locked eyes with Lee, friendly.

"Were you in on this before the Gala, or did Clem keep it a surprise for both of us?"

โ€œI donโ€™t know half of what the fool gets up to in his free time,โ€ Lee said airily, which was a complete and utter lieโ€”he prided himself on knowing where Clement was at all hours of the day. โ€œThe suit was a visual abomination of his own conception. I had nothing to do with it.โ€

Lee carefully does not mention that he helped fund the entire thing.

โ€œAnyway, I have business to attend to. Iโ€™ll leave you two to catch up. Keep an eye on him, Tomes. Make sure he doesnโ€™t get his stupid self killed, or youโ€™ll have me to answer to.โ€

With that, he turned around with a lazy wave and walked over to the foyer entrance, within earshot of Andreyev and Vanessa, looking to eavesdrop.

The two were deep in conversation, and as Lee drew closer, he found, to his immense disappointment, that they werenโ€™t discussing anything particularly remarkableโ€”just exchanging scathing barbs about a scholarship student that didnโ€™t quite meet their standards. Lee hid his snort.

Truly, even as a boy in a suit that looked like motel wallpaper traipsed around the gala, the students at Regis had only eyes for the beggarly.

Nonetheless, he still followed their furtive glances to a slight girl in a crimson dress, stiff and nervous, looking around the neoclassical ballroom with an air of cautious awe, her eyes lingering on the various murals and fine art that hung on the marble walls. The very picture of a typical scholarship applicant, overwhelmed by the grandeur of high life, and trying desperately to fit in.

It almost made Lee dismiss her out of hand, utterly unexceptional, completely forgettable.

Exceptโ€”

Except that the anxiety on her face seemed a bit too calculated, just a little tooโ€ฆfalse.

It was a quality Lee recognized from his own facade, the slightly-off energy when he consciously covered his tells to make himself as non-threatening as possible as a means to slip past people's guards.

This girl was something, something unusual. He couldnโ€™t put his finger on it. The clothes, the eye-catching but not too expensive pearl necklace, and her modest makeup were all deflecting any attempts to classify her as anything other than an upstart new student.

Interesting. But, ultimately, something Lee didnโ€™t care to investigateโ€”what was there to gain from learning the secrets of a nobody? Live and let lie, as they say.

He had more pressing matters to attend to, like how much Dane Jackson will pay him to keep his pill addiction quiet.

Last edited:
MiifyH3.jpg
ยท Rian Kelly ยท
O1CN01NLq24y2EJBOeb0BIE_47798723__01002.1555504995.jpg
2013eb22d7619bc626bc0523bee74939.jpg
b1622f1159999c52cb95dd6893a2bfe1.jpg

Rian's summer had been relaxing and perfect in her own mind. Her days were filled with dance practice followed by a show at the end of the summer. When ever she was home she preformed with the local ballet school, helping teach and doing a large performance with them. She enjoyed helping the young talent and would even donate to the school before she left. It was simple, and rewarding. But as much as she loved it; the teaching, the smiles, the young talent, she knew they'd never be as good as her. She didn't have to help them, and isn't that what made her so nice.

Outside of dance she spent her evenings with her mother, as long as she wasn't doing an operation that is. Which luckily there weren't many evening one's this summer. They'd go to dinner some nice place most nights. Always dressing up and having a blast. She truly loved her mother, seeing as she'd always been there for her and been the most supportive. Unlike her father, who, like last summer was away on a business trip. A business she'd inherit one day.

None of that mattered right now though. Now it was time to leave her glamorous estate and return to an equally glamorous school. Much like last year her mother accompanied her for the day as she got ready. Mani-pedi, acrylics, hair, makeup, dressing. They were together for the whole ritual of preparing for a party. It was filled with endless encouragement and proud tears from her mother as she watched Rian continue to grow. With the day coming to an end and the time for the gala starting they climbed into the limo together for the last time today. With their goodbyes and 'I love you's said as they pulled up Rian was ready to start the new year.

Stepping out of the limo she lifted the front of her dress a bit to not let it drag on the ground as she ascended up the steps to the door. She felt confident, and boy did it show. Her shoulders back and her chin raised she looked like she might think herself royalty. She was elegance. She was grace.​

[class name="images"] text-align: center; filter:saturate(150%); --accent:#FF92BB [/class] [class name="scroll"] float: right; width: 400px; height: 220px; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 6px; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: 10px; [/class] [class name="container"] width: 450px; height: 380px; background: #ffffff; padding: 20px; margin: auto; border: 0.5px solid #E8E8E8; [/class] [class name="containertwo"] width: 400px; font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; font-color: #1f1f1f; text-align: justify; line-height: 13px; padding: 20px; [/class] [class name="title"] font-size: 30px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #ef94ae; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; font-family: georgia; margin-top: 16px; [/class] [class name="credit"] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containertwo"] [div class="images"]
ezgif-2-324c8dc6ef92.jpg
jKPosQX.png
tumblr_plb2v6WweR1tgc147_540.jpg
[/div] [div class="title"]& โ€” ARIEL .[/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"] Ezekielโ€™s second mistake is that heโ€™d forgotten to lock his door. His first is the fact that heโ€™s still asleep.

Ariel waltzes easily into his room, reaches down to grab a fistful of blankets, and pulls as hard as she can.

โ€œWeโ€™re late,โ€ she says, to the collection of limbs on the floor.

Not that she cares, really. She hadnโ€™t even known that there would be a gala until two days before said event.

Ariel had been fully prepared to just go in her uniform, but during one of her trips down to the op-shop in town, sheโ€™d found a dress that had cost twelve dollars, ten with her student discount. A dress that had pockets. And, well, sheโ€™s always been a fan of pockets.

Sheโ€™s in that dress now, peering disinterestedly down at her brother as he tries to collect himself.

โ€œIf you forgot your suit, Iโ€™m going to laugh.โ€

For about twenty-four hours, Ariel had been convinced that Ezekiel would show up to the gala in his shorts. Then heโ€™d come home with the brightest, most strikingly orange suit in the world.

Sheโ€™d laughed for about twenty minutes, then dug through her jewelry box in search of a pair of earrings sheโ€™d bought ages ago, but never had the chance to wear. Two small pieces of amber, one for each ear.

They match her brotherโ€™s suit perfectly.

But theyโ€™re not going to match anything if Ezekiel doesnโ€™t get up off the floor and into his clothes.

โ€œCome on,โ€ she says, knowing that thereโ€™s every possibility of him having fallen asleep whilst on the ground. โ€œI donโ€™t know how important this is, but we should probably show up.โ€

Arielโ€™s not interested in getting kicked out before her first day.

๐ŸŒธ

The truth is, she really wants to take her phone out and check to see if Casperโ€™s replied to her last text. Ariel resists though, if only because sheโ€™s pretty sure that the two (white, probably rich) women by the door are currently glaring holes through the back of her head.

โ€œDo you think they have hash browns?โ€ she asks, under her breath, leaning slightly into Ezekiel so that heโ€™ll be able to catch her soft words.

Arielโ€™s used to the flickering fluorescent lights and grease-filled air of Rexโ€™s Park, not whatever this is.

The urge to text Casper returns, stronger than before, and Ariel slides her hands into her pockets, tries to think of something else.

โ€œWe need a new plague,โ€ she mutters dryly, gaze snapping back and forth across the room.

Itโ€™s not that Ariel doesnโ€™t like making new friends, sheโ€™s just never been a fan of formal events, especially when Casper isnโ€™t there with her. And this gala really takes the cake, as far as formal events go.

She means that quite literally, because out of the corner of her eye, she can see a large, multi-tiered cake, balanced precariously on a visually aesthetic but functionally useless (except for this one event, she supposes) hexagonal chunk of marble.

Ariel would bet her whole wallet (a whopping five dollars and twenty cents) that it is no oneโ€™s birthday.

Things better chill out once the school year starts.

[/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class="credit"]coded by art[/div]

[class name="images"] text-align: center; filter:saturate(150%); --accent:#AE543A [/class] [class name="scroll"] float: right; width: 400px; height: 220px; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 6px; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: 10px; [/class] [class name="container"] width: 450px; height: 380px; background: #ffffff; padding: 20px; margin: auto; border: 0.5px solid #E8E8E8; [/class] [class name="containertwo"] width: 400px; font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; font-color: #1f1f1f; text-align: justify; line-height: 13px; padding: 20px; [/class] [class name="title"] font-size: 30px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #AE543A; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; font-family: georgia; margin-top: 16px; [/class] [class name="credit"] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containertwo"] [div class="images"]
q9Mdk1e.png
tumblr_pskpxrUjAJ1wdw9x6_500.jpg
UaduSQ6.png
[/div] [div class="title"]& โ€” EZEKIEL .[/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"] Ezekiel would argue that his first mistake was curling himself up into a blanket burrito to begin with, because then it is that much easier for Ariel to tug him off the bed. Heโ€™ll agree with an unlocked door being his second mistake, and his third would probably be how heโ€™s lived eighteen years in the same house with her rude awakenings, and not a single time has he ever learned - and this is for real, now, it has simply never crossed his mind long enough to stick there - to set an alarm.

But there is one hill he will die on, and that hill is his suit, which he had spiralled into a whirlwind romance with the second he saw it on the thriftshop rack. Orange as a traffic cone, shaped like a friend. And maybeโ€ฆ a lover?

Purely on autopilot, the fallen caterpillar that is Ezekiel grunts out some approximation of โ€˜closet,โ€™ and โ€˜rrrgghgh,โ€™ in response to hearing suit, before his head pops out of the blankets, eyes so scrunched one could barely discern eyelashes from eyeball. No, he hadnโ€™t fallen asleep while he was down. He was meditating. โ€œShow up?โ€ he asks, grappling onto consciousness. โ€œTo?โ€

Then he remembers, and if he hadnโ€™t been dragged off the bed he wouldโ€™ve fallen off of it himself.

๐ŸŠ

โ€œNo, I think they only have those itty bitty finger sandwiches,โ€ Ezekiel says, at exactly his normal volume, hence accidentally loud enough to startle a tiny circle of people beside him. They startle in a typical rich person way, which is to glance at him pensively up and down very fast before returning to their glasses of punch that do very good jobs at looking like wine. Zeke is not immune to Rich Person Glare, and his head shrinks back right after they look away.

He doesnโ€™t miss the chance to take a nibble out of his own aforementioned itty bitty sandwich while nodding along to Ariel, but he stops midway. Maybe they shouldnโ€™t say that. Heโ€™s already gotten a look from someone wearing one of those official, golden nametags, just for fiddling with his collar. Ezekiel knows body language, and if that personโ€™s poise does not spell ready for combat, his name doesnโ€™t have four vowels. Once they smell dissent, they might come over and -

And something. Ezekiel hasnโ€™t gotten that far. He shoves the rest of his sandwich in his mouth, fingers convulsing as he reflexively goes to wipe them on his shirt before slamming on the brakes just in time. He pats the tablecloth instead, eyes travelling slowly around the room. Oh, look, now thereโ€™s a spiffy outfit. Very green. It catches the eye so violently Ezekiel forgets to blink for a second. And thereโ€™s a girl with a striking red dress, her steps endlessly careful.

โ€œMaybe I shouldโ€™ve gone with yellow,โ€ Zeke decides, giving Ariel a little nudge with his elbow. Orange as he is, somehow the sparkling chandelier lights and the clacks of heels, and all the lofty occupants in the room with outliers hiding within, drown him out into something very, very small. "Like, then I couldโ€™ve been the belle at the ball.โ€

JOSH L. TOMES
mood: anxious
tags: leviathan. leviathan. copacetic copacetic erzulie erzulie
[div class="heading"]

Josh smiled and slightly pursed his lips as Clem slapped him on the back after he responded, which caused him to stumble forward a bit and the aforementioned champagne he'd been sipping on to slosh around until one particular drop spilled out of the glass and landed on the floor in front of him. Though, regardless, he laughed alongside him. It was fun to be around Clem and to joke around like this. It was a feeling he had long since missed after a summer of meetings, "parties" with the elites of Virginia (though in Josh's opinion they were more glorified meetings than anything), and watching whatever junk was on television. Throughout the laughter, he hadn't noticed Lee sizing him up, which was probably a good thing.

Lee was an interesting individual regardless. Josh seldom really... saw him away from Clem, other than whatever classes they didn't have together in the years prior. It didn't take an idiot to realize that Lee was Clem's "best friend", not that it really mattered to him anyway. Josh never really prided himself on having any best friends. Just friends and acquaintances he would associate himself with. It was hard for Josh to tell what his deal was, seeing as they had really barely talked, but he assumed that he was harmless enough.

"Well, I'm happy that at least one of you has taste," Josh replied with another small nod. He took another small sip from his glass, and just as he had finished and lowered his glass with a satisfied sigh from the taste, Lee had made it a point to distance himself from the conversation. Upon his words to him, about making sure Clem didn't get himself killed, Josh gulped nervously and let out an equally nervous chuckle. Not because of the first part of the statement, but rather, the second. "O-of course!" He exclaimed as he tipped his glass up towards Lee with another nod. "I won't let him out of my sight!" He said again, still maintaining his smile. He didn't actually believe that Clem would get himself killed, but he would be lying if he said that the blonde didn't have a tendency to get himself into trouble. And, while he didn't know Lee that well, the young aristocrat had a feeling that he didn't want to get on his bad side.

Speaking of which, Josh turned to face the aforementioned blonde, who as far as he could tell was already drunk out of his Goddamn mind. Though, hopefully, Josh could keep true to his word and keep him out of any trouble, at least that of the life-threatening variety. So, with a smile, Josh awkwardly reached out and pat him on the shoulder with his left hand.

"So... Clem!" He exclaimed as he backed up after the aforementioned shoulder pat. "How've you been, man?" He asked. The question, while a genuine one (Josh was interested in what he had done over the summer and what crazy stories he no doubt had to tell), it was also a distraction. Hopefully, idle conversation would keep Clem from getting into a fistfight or downing all the alcohol in sight, at least until Lee returned.

[/div]
code// just-peachy!

Last edited:
Bjรธrn Hansen
Mentions: N/A Interactions: N/A Location: Inside at the galla entrance
Outfit

The summer had been eaten up by the cycle that had been eating up every vacation up through the years; Swim practice, getting food and sleeping. The cycle did get interrupted for a short week as his family made a trip back to Denmark to visit Bjรธrn's grandparents, which was always a welcome change of pace. Not that the original pace bothered him at all, he liked practice and liked the feeling of the fact that his body didn't deteriorate. His parents had always told him that smoking, doing drugs and laziness would eventually put you in the lowest brackets of society; people of absolutely no good and with no future. Bjรธrn had always thought it may have been a little much, but he thought it held some truth to it as well. Now that summer had ended he and his family, on his behalf, were looking forward to the galla back at Regis Academy.

His attire had been no choice of his own. During the summer, his mom had fallen in love with a navy blue tuxedo that she immediately ordered for him. It had taken a day or two of measuring and God knows how long of tailoring for it to be done. Since the tuxedo got done it has been hanging on display waiting for the young man to wear. And he has been waiting to put it on.

The usual morning routine of getting tea, eggs, ham and some rye bread for breakfast and brushing teeth had passed. It was not time to prepare for the galla just yet, though, as swim practice had to be done before the grand evening. Weirdly enough, for once, Bjรธrn really couldn't be arsed to go, but alas his mom was as pressuring as always and eventually he went for a short practice set before the summer was officially over.

The day went by fast like any other day, even though the looming excitement was just around the corner.

As the evening approached, Bjรธrn found himself running his hand through his hair and grimacing. "Mom!" He yelled, "I knew I shouldn't have gone to practice today, have you felt this?" He continued, gesturing towards his stiff, chlorine infused hair. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't get it to look right. "Well did you remember to wash it with the special shampoo?" She answered back in a rather snarky manner. He had to admit that he had rushed a little bit to get home and prepare for the evening. Bjรธrn shrugged, he knew she knew the answer. "Well go back into the shower and wash your hair with it then!" She said rushing him to the bathroom. Bjรธrn glanced at the digital clock on the wall on his way to the bathroom and realized that it had to be a quick shower.

He went in, turned on the shower, endured the initial cold water and got his hair soaped up. It took no longer than ten minutes before he was out, dried himself off and was ready. As he stepped out of the bathroom, his mom waited like a predator waiting for its prey. "Remember deoderant..." "Remember perfume..." "Remember to set your hair" - which she sortly thereafter would do herself. Nothing was really up to Bjรธrn without his mother had said something or done it for him.

They had a little hours drive for the Academy and they were a few minutes behind schedule after his mother had helped him dress up in the tuxedo. She even put a small jewel onto the tux to further the fanciness just a bit. "Is that really necessary?" Bjรธrn asked, thinking it might be a little too much. "No of course not; you realize what kind of people - - - and girls - - - are going to attend this galla right?" Bjรธrn shrugged, he guessed he knew that. Everything in the US was bigger than in Denmark, nothing could really be compared. Some final touches was made by his mom on his hair, she sprayed a lil more perfume on him and then he figured she felt he was ready to go.

His dad was not even at home, as he was working on his agency so his mom took to driving him to the galla - or at least into walking distance. Bjรธrn really didn't want ANYONE to see that he got driven to the galla by his mom. He felt like that'd be social suicide in a way. They put on the radio and without much trouble eventually got to the academy. "You can just drop me off around here" Bjรธrn said, as he knew the way from where they were. Gitte slowed down the vehicle just a bit but after half a minute of short arguing of why, he got dropped off. They exchanged a little good bye kiss before she drove off into the distance. Finally the galla could officially start for him. He ran his hand through his hair. It still wasn't as good as it could be, but it had to do.

As he came closer and closer the music began showing him the way. The faint oomph oomph sounds of the bass were hard to miss, and eventually the Academy was in sight in all of its glory. Safe to say that it exceeded his expectations by a longshot. Students got dropped off in limos with beautiful dresses and suits. He sped up his pace to get to the door a little faster. He was eager to see more; this was the most overwhelmed he had been in years. He approached the steps to the large front doors and got up - pushed the doors up and got in. What his eyes percieved was insane - if he thought the front of the academy exceeded it with a longshot, this was... a longer shot.

He looked down, checked if everything was alright, smiling from ear to ear as he took a deep breath and went further in.

Last edited:
Carter
004b060eb726f94f92b51536899805ea.gif

Carter zoned back in when she heard her name called out by a familiar voice. Looking up she met eyes with her good friend Iseabail. "Hey, Iz" she smirked. Nudging Iseabail with her shoulder. "I haven't seen our dear Clement yet, but he has to be around here somewhere, he isn't hard to mi-" Without another word Carter caught sight of a puke green colored suit, with the pale skinned gangly boy with long blonde hair beneath it. Carter looked to her side to see if Iseabail had matched her gaze and saw what she was looking at. Carter remembered last years suit, but that was before they were friends. She thought he was ridiculous then, but clueless, she came to learn that this was just who Clem was, always the jokester looking to have all the attention on him, 24/7.

She nodded her head in his direction. "Shall we?" Carter offered her elbow as to link arms, slightly making fun of everyone around them who acted much more proper than she did. That was likely why the three of them got along, Iseabail being the most reserved of the three of them, but that wasn't saying much. Making their way across the ballroom.

Carter nodded at Josh, "Hello there." She smirked. "Clem. It's been a while." She smiled brightly as she dropped Iseabail's arm from her grasp. "So who's so excited to be back at school." She rolled her eyes, letting the sarcasm drip off her tongue. Carter herself was so happy to be away from home, even if that meant projects. It was still better than having her mother breathing down her neck and watching everything that she did, with side remarks and passive aggressive tones.

Interactions: copacetic copacetic leviathan. leviathan. thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
Mentions: none

[div class=container] [div class=hold][div class=img][/div] [div class=name]iseabail macleod [div class=smaller][div class=overflow style="padding-right: 20px"]interactions: Carter, Clem | mentions: Josh| outfit: x| tags: Dazzle Dazzle leviathan. leviathan. thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore [/div][/div][/div] [div class=follow]follow[/div][/div] [div class=center][div class=moodboard] [div class=aesthe style="background-size: 100%"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0a/ed/30/0aed301c2c346775ff5f9aa9f568fc6e.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bf/eb/a5/bfeba501c30ef7f159583d0aa3442ef8.jpg)"][/div]
[div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8e/fb/6c/8efb6c69664c6ad702acacb87f2d6f6f.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fb/ad/91/fbad9100259266a793ded95ec8a56886.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f0/65/91/f065919e513dd6c35ac6a95ac93a8920.jpg)"][/div] [/div] [div class=text][div class=overflow] Iseabail followed Carterโ€™s gaze, her eyes landing on the green monstrosity that Clem was wearing immediately. A grin spread across her face. She knew he was going to wear something bad, but she didnโ€™t expect it to be this bad. The awful green popped amongst the crowd, a violent shade compared to the other green garments her classmates were wearing. She grabbed a flute of champagne from a passing waiter and grabbed her purse as Carter suggested that the head over to see him. Iseabail nodded and agreed. โ€œWe shall!โ€

Linking her arm with Carterโ€™s, she started towards Clem. Despite being several inches shorter than Carter, Iseabail led the way, pulling the other girl through gaps and weaving around other attendees. She was excited to see her friend. Maybe a little more excited than she was to see anyone else, but she pushed that thought away quickly. As they grew closer Iseabail called to get his attention. โ€œClem! Clementine! Clement!โ€ she called once he was in earshot. She was careful not to spill her champagne, especially not all over herself, as she was bumped by several other attendees. Swearing under her breath, she managed to keep her smile as she approached her friend.

She pulled her friend into a hug after Carter pulled her arm away. โ€œBeen too long since we saw each other properly. You need to come up to Skye sometime next summer,โ€ she said as she pulled back from the hug. She almost didnโ€™t notice the other boy with Clem. โ€œOh, hi there,โ€ she greeted. She saw Josh around but really never spoke to him before. โ€œI guess Lee went off to do his own thing and you have already indulged quite a bit,โ€ she observed, looking around to spot Lee in the crowd. โ€œOne day Iโ€™m gonna get sloshed so you can babysit me instead of me making sure you donโ€™t die, Clemmy,โ€ she laughed.

As much as Iseabail was sad to leave her family back in Scotland, she was glad to be back with her friends after having not seen them all summer. Sure she had friends back home, but she wasnโ€™t close with them really anymore because she was away for so much of the year and she spent a good portion of her summer working. She thrived with her friends and she didnโ€™t mind looking out for the wild two, Carter and Clem. She was the mom friend, but she wouldnโ€™t have it any other way.
[/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: @undine[/div] [class=container]height: 400px; max-width: 350px; padding: 15px; background: #e1e1e1; margin: auto; --button: #ff7676; --active: #303030 [/class] [class=hold]height: 23%; width: 91%; padding: 5%; top: 0%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; filter: grayscale(20%); [/class] [class=name]display: inline-block; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; position: relative; top: -4vw; left: 5%; transition: 0.8s [/class] [class=smaller]font-size: 8px; color: #909090; font-weight: 600; font-smoothing: antialiased; height: 27px; width: 120px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=img]height: 99%; width: 28%; display: inline-block; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/04/24/df/0424dfa4981c0a6df067f4f9e5286dc4.jpg); background-size: 125%; background-position: 40% 5%; filter: grayscale(0%) saturate(100%); border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid var(--button); cursor: pointer [/class] [class=follow]height: 2; width: 50px; padding: 2px; font-size: 10px; background: var(--button); border-radius: 3px; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; position: relative; top: 40%; float: right; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class name=follow state=hover]background: var(--active); cursor: pointer [/class] [class name=black]background: var(--active) [/class] [class name=blackt]color: var(--active) [/class] [class name=pink]color: var(--button) [/class] [class=center]height: 57%; width: 89%; padding: 3%; top: 5%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; text-align: center [/class] [class=moodboard]height: 100%; width: 100%; color: transparent; font-size: 19px; z-index: 5; overflow: hidden; line-height: 85px; position: relative; top: 4%; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class=high]top: -7% [/class] [class=low]top: 4% [/class] [class=overflow]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: auto; padding-left: 2px; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=aesthe]display: inline-block; border-radius: 4px; height: 36%; width: 25%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/62/7d/02627d8b514abd14b78786e56127da47.jpg); background-size: cover; [/class] [class=text]height: 65%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.7em; text-align: justify; opacity: 0; overflow: hidden; transition: 0.4s [/class] [class=vis]opacity: 1 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; font-size: 10px; opacity: 0; text-align: center [/class] [script class=follow on=click] addClass black follow addClass up moodboard removeClass down moodboard addClass high moodboard removeClass low moodboard addClass pink name removeClass blackt name addClass vis text [/script] [script class=img on=click] removeClass black follow removeClass up moodboard addClass down moodboard removeClass high moodboard addClass low moodboard addClass blackt name removeClass pink name removeClass vis text [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]height: 100%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 30%;[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]height: 30%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation]

[div class=container] [div class=hold][div class=img][/div] [div class=name]eloise laurent [div class=smaller][div class=overflow style="padding-right: 20px"]interactions: inyoni | mentions: clem| outfit: x x| tags: erzulie erzulie leviathan. leviathan. [/div][/div][/div] [div class=follow]follow[/div][/div] [div class=center][div class=moodboard] [div class=aesthe style="background-size: 105%"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/3b/e0/ec/3be0ece4354fbc9ea1edfa2e50ef53f4.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a7/d4/fd/a7d4fd054ae374d725edf5426960b048.jpg)"][/div]
[div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/76/be/67/76be6780168c21a103d2c2a14015946d.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/68/d0/f6/68d0f66d3171f0799e45bccb565c6e09.jpg)"][/div] / / [div class=aesthe style="background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/55/81/af/5581afdf875e172237c1cce0e94e78aa.jpg)"][/div] [/div] [div class=text][div class=overflow] Eloise merely shrugged when Inyoni asked about her summer. "It was fine. I spent the first month with my mother, which was nice. Her husband was filming his show though, so that was not what I had in mind. I hate being on that stupid show and I'm pretty sure he waits until I am visiting to film. He wants me to feel included with it, but honestly I'd rather not be," she stated, taking a flute of champagne from a passing server. She took a sip before continuing. "Then the rest of my summer was pretty relaxing once I was back in Paris. I took Pistache for two long walks a day, I did some shopping, spent time with Mรฉmรจre and Pรฉpรจre. The usual, really." Eloise's family only did vacations every couple of years, so this year was a quiet summer. They had gone to Croatia the year before. "Italy is beautiful, isn't it? I am glad you enjoyed your trip," she commented.

Looking at Clem with distaste, she sighed. "Unfortunately, I think they had to let him in like that since the invitation only specified formal wear," she replied. "Poor boy must have no taste whatsoever. He needs help. A lot of it. Maybe hire a stylist or a personal shopper because that outfit is tragic," she uttered. It almost pained her to look at it, but at the same time she couldn't look away. He definitely needed supervision when shopping. Eloise has seen him before in numerous questionable outfits. Eloise would offer her help, but she didn't know Clem and didn't want to be rude.

"Moving on before my eyes burn, are you looking forward to the new school year?" she asked. Eloise genuinely enjoyed being at Regis. Though she was hesitant to go to a school so far from Paris, she is so thankful that she applied. She enjoyed the classes, grew to appreciate New York City (though it would never be Paris), and she made some good friends. "I can't wait to get back to painting. I only really sketched this summer and did two full drawings, so I definitely have quite a few ideas I want to put on a canvas," she explained. She definitely was set for at least a couple of pieces that she would use for projects.
[/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: @undine[/div] [class=container]height: 400px; max-width: 350px; padding: 15px; background: #e1e1e1; margin: auto; --button: #ff7676; --active: #303030 [/class] [class=hold]height: 23%; width: 91%; padding: 5%; top: 0%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; filter: grayscale(20%); [/class] [class=name]display: inline-block; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; position: relative; top: -4vw; left: 5%; transition: 0.8s [/class] [class=smaller]font-size: 8px; color: #909090; font-weight: 600; font-smoothing: antialiased; height: 27px; width: 120px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=img]height: 99%; width: 28%; display: inline-block; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ec/97/03/ec97031413cc472d6b586a738187f460.jpg); background-size: 125%; background-position: 40% 10%; filter: grayscale(0%) saturate(100%); border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid var(--button); cursor: pointer [/class] [class=follow]height: 2; width: 50px; padding: 2px; font-size: 10px; background: var(--button); border-radius: 3px; color: white; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; position: relative; top: 40%; float: right; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class name=follow state=hover]background: var(--active); cursor: pointer [/class] [class name=black]background: var(--active) [/class] [class name=blackt]color: var(--active) [/class] [class name=pink]color: var(--button) [/class] [class=center]height: 57%; width: 89%; padding: 3%; top: 5%; position: relative; background: white; border-radius: 7px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; text-align: center [/class] [class=moodboard]height: 100%; width: 100%; color: transparent; font-size: 19px; z-index: 5; overflow: hidden; line-height: 85px; position: relative; top: 4%; transition: 0.5s [/class] [class=high]top: -7% [/class] [class=low]top: 4% [/class] [class=overflow]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: auto; padding-left: 2px; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=aesthe]display: inline-block; border-radius: 4px; height: 36%; width: 25%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f7/73/8a/f7738aa9394d07648bfef333685289c5.jpg); background-size: cover; [/class] [class=text]height: 65%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.7em; text-align: justify; opacity: 0; overflow: hidden; transition: 0.4s [/class] [class=vis]opacity: 1 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; font-size: 10px; opacity: 0; text-align: center [/class] [script class=follow on=click] addClass black follow addClass up moodboard removeClass down moodboard addClass high moodboard removeClass low moodboard addClass pink name removeClass blackt name addClass vis text [/script] [script class=img on=click] removeClass black follow removeClass up moodboard addClass down moodboard removeClass high moodboard addClass low moodboard addClass blackt name removeClass pink name removeClass vis text [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]height: 100%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 30%;[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 1.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]height: 30%[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]height: 100%[/keyframe] [/animation]

[class name="images"] text-align: center; filter:saturate(150%); --accent:#FF92BB [/class] [class name="scroll"] float: right; width: 400px; height: 220px; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 6px; [/class] [class name="scrollbox"] height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: 10px; [/class] [class name="container"] width: 450px; height: 380px; background: #ffffff; padding: 20px; margin: auto; border: 0.5px solid #E8E8E8; [/class] [class name="containertwo"] width: 400px; font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; font-color: #1f1f1f; text-align: justify; line-height: 13px; padding: 20px; [/class] [class name="title"] font-size: 30px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #ef94ae; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; font-family: georgia; margin-top: 16px; [/class] [class name="credit"] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containertwo"] [div class="images"]
ezgif-2-324c8dc6ef92.jpg
jKPosQX.png
tumblr_plb2v6WweR1tgc147_540.jpg
[/div] [div class="title"]& โ€” ARIEL .[/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"] Itty bitty sandwiches aside, it doesnโ€™t seem like thereโ€™s any other food around. Real food, she means. Ariel would like a bowl of rice, please, not any number of those tiny unidentifiable snacks that are floating around as waiters weave in and out of the crowd.

โ€œNo, I like the orange,โ€ she says, pausing for a second before continuing. โ€œIt makes you look like Naruto.โ€

Itโ€™s not entirely true, but also not false. Ezekielโ€™s fully orange get-up has a striking similarity to Narutoโ€™s iconic jumpsuit. The only difference is the fact that, unlike Narutoโ€™s iconic jumpsuit, Zekeโ€™s outfit probably doesnโ€™t stretch enough to allow him to vault himself off a cliff and land unscathed at the bottom.

Not that Ariel thinks her brother could vault himself off a cliff and land unscathed, even if he wasnโ€™t wearing a ten-dollar suit. A small overhang, maybe, but not a cliff.

Around them, the gala starts to kick itself into high gear as more guests arrive and the mingling crowd grows larger. Ariel takes a tiny step closer to Ezekiel, not wanting to be separated from him. She could survive this night alone, no doubt, but sheโ€™d rather do it with Zeke by her side.

Just because she would fight him, Roman gladiator style, for the last piece of mango, doesnโ€™t mean sheโ€™s unable to appreciate his company.

Ariel glances around the room again, trying to see if she can find one single person who doesnโ€™t look like they sleep in a pile of crisp hundred-dollar bills. Her search proves unfruitful, but she does zero in on a waiter whoโ€™s walking out of what she imagines is the (probably enormous) kitchen.

Heโ€™s toting what she can only assume is another tray of tiny snacks, and is making a beeline toward one of the long banquet tables, but has to take a detour around a conglomerate of old, white businessmen to get there.

The next few things happen in quick succession, and Ariel barely has time to blink before itโ€™s all over.

First, the waiter steps out from behind the old, white businessmen, and immediately has to swerve in order to avoid a woman who appears out of nowhere, and seems to be hell-bent on getting to the other side of the room as fast as possible.

He keeps walking as he apologises, and doesnโ€™t manage to see that one of the nearby tablecloths has been pulled far enough that the ends of it cover part of the ground.

Itโ€™s right in his path, so he steps on it, slips backwards, and slams an arm onto the edge of the table to remain upright.

Miraculously, everything on his tray is still there.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the outrageously tall cake on the table heโ€™d grabbed on to.

Something that shouldnโ€™t be jostled gets jostled, and Ariel watches, with much the same air as someone would watch a tree fall, as the cake jerks forward, then topples to the ground.

It hits the polished wooden floor with an almighty splat! that echoes throughout the room. One of the spherical cake-toppers drops off and rolls across the ground, coming to a stop by Arielโ€™s feet.

She reaches to pick it up, tossing it into the air once as a way to gauge its weight.

โ€œThink you could play volleyball with this?โ€ Ariel asks, her slow-growing grin betraying the seriousness of her tone, as she turns to face Ezekiel. โ€œIโ€™d watch that match, you wouldnโ€™t even have to drag me to the courts.โ€

o6S1Bmi.png
clement rivers

mentions: copacetic copacetic , Dazzle Dazzle , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore || with: all mentioned || location: at the gala|| outfit: x x

Clem watched with mournful eyes as his best mate sauntered away, disappearing into the crowds, presumably to do something morally dubious. How could Lee leave him all by his lonesome in a gala chock full of uptight assholes?

Then a hand softly patted his back and Clem remembered that he was not, in fact, alone.

โ€œSo...Clem. Howโ€™ve you been doing, man?โ€

Josh looked at him like he was a bomb about to explode, evidently having taken Leeโ€™s warning to heart. Clem internally rolled his eyes. Cโ€™mon. He wasnโ€™t a kid. He could handle himself.

โ€œMโ€™good. Look, man, Leeโ€™s harmless, he wonโ€™t do anything to you. You just relax, yeah? Iโ€™ll behave, pinkie promise.โ€

He swiped at another flute of champagne on a waiterโ€™s tray but only succeeded in toppling it to the floor, where it shattered.

Not turning around to look at Joshโ€™s expression, Clem carefully stepped over the glass and motioned over the waiter that had been hovering beside them since the gala started.

The staff knew him well.

โ€œTerribly sorry about this, mate.โ€ He gave a crooked smile and slipped a twenty into the manโ€™s waiting hand. โ€œDo you mind?โ€

The man looked at him, sardonic.

โ€œWell, it is what Iโ€™m here for, Mr. Rivers.โ€

Clem sheepishly backed away and turned to Josh, rubbing the back of his head.

โ€œOn second thought, Tomes, I think you may have to take thisโ€”โ€

He handed him his other flute of champagne, and after some consideration, reached into his suitโ€™s inner pocket and pulled out a small flask.

โ€œOh, and this.โ€

โ€œClem! Clementine! Clement!โ€

Music to his ears.

He turned around just in time to see Iseabail & Carter making a beeline towards him, arm in arm.

โ€œIzzy! Carter!โ€

Izzy swept him into a bear hug before he could continue, reducing him to wheezes. Her hugs were as constricting as ever. She pulled back and gave him a once-over.

โ€œBeen too long since we saw each other properly. You need to come up to Skye sometime next summer!โ€

Clem grinned. โ€œYeah, I might stop by. See what the fuss is about, crash at your place and annoy the hell outta youโ€”the works.โ€

He gestured to Josh, not about to let the guy go without introduction.

โ€œThis is Tomes! Heโ€™s in my creative lit class and he writes like a fiend.โ€

Iseabail greeted Josh while Carter gave a cool nod and a โ€œhello thereโ€ before smirking at Clem.

โ€œSo who's so excited to be back at school?โ€

โ€œI never left, babe! Me and Herc stayed over summer break. Kept him company when he had to take remedial lessonsโ€”someone had to hold the fort down.โ€

And besides, itโ€™s not like itโ€™s a party back at his dadโ€™s place, what with the new baby and all.

โ€œI guess Lee went off to do his own thing and you have already indulged quite a bit,โ€ Izzy piped up as she looked around to spot Lee in the crowd.

โ€œWhat can I say? Iโ€™m an indulgent kind of person.โ€

โ€œOne day Iโ€™m gonna get sloshed so you can babysit me instead of me making sure you donโ€™t die, Clemmy,โ€ she laughed.

โ€œOh, Iโ€™d take such good care of you, Merida. Absolute tip fucking top care, fit for royalty.โ€

Whatever Iseabail was about to say after that was drowned out in a thundering crash that halted the entire gala in its tracks. Even the music stuttered a bit, coming to a stop before shakily continuing.

Clem jerked his head to see absolute carnage, the remnants of a cake the size of a child splattered all over the ballroom floor, pastry and decor absolutely everywhere. Nearby, a waiter stood calmly, cake all over his front, with the air of a man on death row.

Well. This was certainly unexpected.

He cocked his head, contemplative, before stepping behind a pillar and stripping off his garish suit jacket and tucking it underneath a table.

A crowd was already beginning to form around the disaster, teeming with panicked custodial staff and curious guests. It would be easy to slip in unnoticed. Clem turned towards his confused friends, eyes dancing.

โ€œCompletely senseless waste of cake, innit?"

He was wearing an absolutely stupid grin, jackknife wild spreading ear to ear.

"Tell me, kids. Have you ever been in a food fight?โ€

[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]mood
aghast
[div class=tag3]location
gala.
[div class=tag3]outfit
x x x
Eloise
[div class=tag3]mentions[/div] Clem
[div class=tag3]tags[/div] copacetic copacetic leviathan. leviathan. [/div] [/div]

Inyoni

Gasa
Inyoni listened to Eloise as she sipped her wine. She couldnโ€™t help but feel a little sorry for her friend. Having her life filmed and flaunting for all to see had to be stressful. There was so little privacy when it came to reality tv shows. Inyoni also knew that things were edited in a way that usually caused drama and as a result, raised the number of views. Yes it all sounded horrible. โ€œMy poor friend, I couldnโ€™t imagine my life being so public. Perhaps if you talk to step-father you two could come to some sort of agreement, tell him that you donโ€™t feel comfortable with being on his show.โ€ She suggested. โ€œOn the bright side, your summer was not all bad. You must show me what you purchased over the summer and Iโ€™ll do the same.โ€

โ€œYes Italy was beautiful, I could definitely envision myself moving there later on in life.โ€ Inyoni sighed a little dreamily as she thought of it. Of course due to her love of traveling she would not stay long, but she would visit frequently after graduating from Polimoda. The young woman was pulled from her little daydream when Eloise spoke again, this time talking about the appallingly dressed boy sheโ€™d mentioned. โ€œPerhaps he canโ€™t afford one. If that is the case then I suppose it canโ€™t be helped.โ€

โ€œAnd it has been too long. I admit that I missed you during the vacation. My summer was amazing, my mother and I spent it in Italy. I was able to take a tour at Polimoda and I shopped enough for a small army.โ€ Inyoni chuckled lowly. โ€œBut what about you? How was your summer darling?โ€

Inyoni finished her glass of champagne and placed it on a passing tray. โ€œOf course I am, itโ€™s my final year before Iโ€™m off to college.โ€ As much as she loved Regis Inyoni was definitely ready to step into the real world, moving onto bigger and better things and achieving her goals. โ€œIโ€™m looking forward to literature more than anything, I read a number amazing novels while in Italy I-โ€œ Before Inyoni could say anything silence filled the room. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, wondering what caused everything to come to a stand still.

When her eyes landed on the offensive suit from earlier she could feel dread beginning to stir from the pit of her stomach. Inyoni couldnโ€™t help but gap slightly as the beautiful cake went crashing to the ground, covering those unfortunate enough to have been standing close to be covered. His next words caused her eyes to dart around the room in search of someplace to hide.

If a speck of food touched her dress, she would hunt him down.

v57VPuy.jpg
hercules du rรชveilles

mentions: clem|| with: n/a || location: foyer entrance|| outfit: x

Lee was in the middle of shaking down a pale Dane Jackson when he heard the screaming.

He turned just in time to see Clement pitch a fistful of cake into the face of an unsuspecting Louis Walkman (heir to a luxury watch fortune, possesses an unfortunate propensity towards violence) before making a run for it. The hit senior roared, took a tray of appetizers, and flung them all towards Clement with a frosting-covered leer. It hit him full in the back, and the debris caught many onlookers, some of whom shrieked and dove for cover, while a few dropped down, took handfuls of cake, and joined the fray.

Within a blink of an eye, the ballroom went into chaos. People either fled from the growing pandemonium or gleefully joined in. Lee had to let go of a shocked Daneโ€™s suit collar to avoid a honey glazed aperitif to the face.

Clement was dead to him.

โ€œGuess you shouldโ€™ve put a leash on your buddy there, Hercules!โ€

Jackson spat, regaining his courage as Lee turned to try and spot Clement in the now roiling crowds.

โ€œMaybe you should take care of your own,โ€ he breathed, jabbing an absentminded Lee in the chest with his index finger. โ€œBefore you come after me.โ€

Lee merely gave him a flat look and batted the offending hand away, sneering.

โ€œI wouldnโ€™t be pointing any fingers, Jackson. Letโ€™s see who will be leashed when your father gets news that his pride and joy is buying drugs from the daughter of his business rival.โ€

It was extremely gratifying to watch as Daneโ€™s face turned a shade of red that even Clement wouldnโ€™t be caught dead wearing.

โ€œWhat? Nothing to say?โ€ Lee mocked gently.

Then out of the corner of his eye, he spotted an infuriatingly familiar ensemble.

Lee grimaced and started to push past Dane.

โ€œWell then. If you would excuse me, Jackson."

He ducked as a leg of roast lamb sailed over his head.

"I have an idiot to catch.โ€

Last edited:
Zoey Bella Skyler Jones
mentioned: none yet interactions: none yet location: gala outfit:
See the source image
See the source image

Zoey gets out of his bed, and goes into the bathroom, when he finishes making his bed. Than, he takes a shower, and after he finishes, he dries himself off with his towel. After that, Zoey add long blonde hair extensions into his hair, and curls his hair. Next, he puts on his blue lipstick, blue eyeshadow, and the rest of his makeup. After Zoey finishes his makeup, he puts on his dress and heels with his mom's help. Lastly, he goes down stairs, and his parents take his picture before he can leave to get to the gala.
Zoey goes and gets into his limo after he takes his last picture. Then, he arrives to the gala, and gets out of the limo, when they get to the Regis academy's welcome gala. Next, he walks inside the academy, and goes to get a glass of champagne. After that, Zoey makes his way over to a empty tale, and sits down at it. Lastly, he drinks his glass of champagne, and waits for someone to ask him to dance; someone to talk to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back