• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings ❄ Like Ice ❄ [Voting ALWAYS Open]

Yeah, I don't know what stepping hard does, but best bet is the cave, and if that means getting there as fast as possible, then I'm all for it. Final answer: 1

2.) I think we should get there cautiously, stepping very hard might lead to being louder and being caught by the people we were escaping

Like Ice
Deciding quickly, the girl made her choice. She was going to step "very hard." Whatever that meant in her twisted brain, that was certainly going to be something worth the time. She raised her foot and slammed it hard into the ground, while holding onto the three.

KRSCH!

The sound of ice cracking filled the previous silence as the four were propelled towards the cave at high speeds, a shockwave radiating from the girl's foot through the ground as she crashed through the entrance of the cave. Tumbling into a sitting position, the girl looked at her companions, all of whom were staring wide-eyed at her, clearly blown away from her performance.

Liz: "What kind of power was that?"
Jon: "Must be that angel-"
Liz & Shaun: "SHH!!"

Angle? The girl's head tilted inquisitively as she attempted to understand what an angle was. However, the subject seemed to have changed as everyone took a moment to gather their breath after the girl's impressive display. Everything was shaping up quite nicely, actually. The cave was rather warm, despite it being icy on the outside, possibly from some internal heating or something.

Liz: "Okay, so, that just happened. We're safe and far away from those guys. We should think about when to leave the cave."
Jon: "Are you crazy? That sound was loud enough to set off the whole town. Hey, kid, where did you learn to jump like that?"
Liz: "D-Don't bring the kid into this! She had nothing to do with it!"
Shaun: "Actually, she was the one who...did it."

The girl felt like crying once again. Once again, she was the center of attention. Problems were caused because of her choices. Tears welled up in her eyes, though this time they were noticed almost immediately by Liz.

Liz rushed over to the girl, crouched down next to her, and wrapped her arms around the girl's torso.

Liz: "N-No! Don't cry....I can't stand seeing you cry. Sweetie...just, stay calm."

Despite being accustomed to the cold, the girl was starting to warm up towards Liz. There was a certain warmth to her that was rather enjoyable. Or maybe it was nice being hugged by a squishy human girl.

Liz: "You don't need to tell the others, but...did you know you could do that?"

[1. Nod in acknowledgement]
[2. Shake your head and deny it.]

IctoraPost IctoraPost fin fin K KodomoYamiya that1aj that1aj Vali Ulfr Vali Ulfr Minyari Minyari Copykat Copykat

1. This could be her chance to gain a confident and ally by opening up to her and showing trust

Like Ice
The girl shook her head. She had no idea what was going on, what she did, or what was going to become of her because she could do this. Fortunately, Liz was quite forgiving and understanding about it.

Liz: "It's good to learn new things about yourself. And you have, this...amazing power, that the rest of us can only want to have. You should wear it proudly. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Nobody will hate you for your power, you got that?"

Tears came to the girl's eyes and she quickly hopped down, getting Liz in a tight embrace.

Meanwhile, Jon and Shaun made their way to the exit of the cave.

Jon: "While you guys get all sappy, just remember that we have to get out there sooner or later. Sooner sounds good. The ice mess that the girl created will cover us."

Liz stood up and helped the girl up, walking out to the exit with them. The four made their way back towards the town, towards their home. As they walked, the girl began to think again. What had just happened, and why was this all so...familiar?

Miranda...listen to me. Just relying on your power alone won't help you get through life. You'll encounter tough situations where you got to use your brain alongside your abilities. I can't tell you, because you don't even know your own abilities. That's for you to find out, not for me to tell you. I'm going to miss you. Just never forget me, my face, and especially don't forget my name.

-Elissa Haven

Like Ice

Chapter 1 of Like Ice is over.

Stay tuned for Like Ice Chapter 2: Velocity!
[1. Give us some backstory on Elissa Haven and Miranda Schine!!]
[2. Let's do a flashback sequence!]
[3. ON WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE YAK MEAT??]

IctoraPost IctoraPost fin fin K KodomoYamiya that1aj that1aj Vali Ulfr Vali Ulfr Minyari Minyari Copykat Copykat transparent lie transparent lie

Like Ice ❄: Elissa Haven
As the group continued to walk back to the town (they had come a long way), the girl's mind began wandering and going back to the time where things were, different.

"Miranda? Are you there?" Elissa Haven knocked on the icy door of Miranda Schine's house. The door was opened by a small girl of about 10, with long brown hair, opened the door. "...Elissa!" Miranda jumped into Elissa's arms, giving a hug so intense that the both of them toppled down into the snow. "It's good to see you Miranda! I really, really missed you! How's everything going?"

"Everything's going great! Come on, I'll show you what I can do now!" As Miranda said this, Elissa followed her eagerly inside. The inside of the house was covered with ice, with some pillars having chips in them. "It's really nice you can do this and all, but I don't think anyone's going to be happy if they see it. It's not normal." Elissa was obviously trying to warn Miranda the dangers, but the little girl didn't quite listen.

Miranda stepped back and thrust a fist out towards the ice. From a distance, the ice cracked a little bit.
"I can bend ice!" She jumped up and down with joy, much to Elissa's dismay. "That's interesting and all, but I think it's something else. Whatever, let's go play outside!"

"YAAAY!" The both of them ran outside, grabbing a ball, and tossing it to each other happily as they continued running around.

Flash forward a couple years. Miranda was 14 (She's currently 15), and Elissa was around 16. The both of them were sitting in a dark room with an Enforcement Officer looking at them. "How do you explain yourselves? Somehow, you two broke a hole in a secured vault. It should be impossible."
"I-"
"She had nothing to do with this. It's a crime that's impossible to commit, you should let us go. We didn't do anything."
"Listen here, missy! You were both found in the vault! The destruction was clearly fresh, so it's your fault!! Either you confess to the crime, or we'll put your family through hell."

"It was-"

Like Ice ❄: Velocity
Shaun: "-me."

At this, the girl snapped and looked up at Shaun. They were almost there at the town. Liz was doing a great job of holding the girl as she walked absent-mindedly.

Liz: "No, we're not letting you take charge of the group. I'm older than all of you, so, this girl is kind of my responsibility. Now we need to go and spend some time away from home now that they know."

[1. Point to a nice looking hotel]
[2. Point to the southern part of the town, also known as the slums]
[3. Tell the group about Elissa Haven, if talking is possible.]

IctoraPost IctoraPost fin fin K KodomoYamiya that1aj that1aj Vali Ulfr Vali Ulfr Minyari Minyari Copykat Copykat transparent lie transparent lie

3. if we can find out more info about her, we may find out more about ourselves, besides, we haven't tried to talk in so long...

Like Ice
It's really unfortunate. The girl was left with nothing to talk about but Elissa. Well, it was time to test whether or not her throat was smashed or anything stupid like that.

Miranda: "Eh...Eh....Elissa...H-'ck!"

Liz: "You can talk! Who's...Elissa?"

Jon: "Liz, don't get too excited. Just because she talked doesn't mean she'll do it again."

Miranda: "Elissa...Haven...crime..."

Shaun: "Alright, better shut her up now or something so we can get our asses moving."

Liz stepped in close to the girl and gently placed a palm on her shoulder.
Liz: "We need to get moving, you can tell us about Elissa later."

Timeskip: 30 minutes.

The four of them finally arrived at a place to rest and recover, a small hotel sitting near the center of the town. As soon as Liz managed to get their hands on a room, they all crashed on the bed.

Liz: "So, who's Elissa Haven?"

Miranda: "Friend. Best friend. Told me about powers."

Jon: "It's a bit strange you even have powers. That's not a common thing in our world. In fact, I never really heard about things like that existing. Can you tell us a little more?"

[1. Explain what you know about your power]
[2. "I don't know."]
[3. "It's too hot here."]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back