• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ✿Roleplay with Skylight✿

Alison "I - I've been better. Just drained... That's not something you do everyday." She smiled as she struggled to keep her eyes open, "Please rest up M'lady as the King would like to have breakfast with you... He's not a bad guy you just," she took a quick breath, "Have to hear him out."
Alison tried to sit herself up but she still felt quite light headed, she would just have to take it slow today and probably stay in the castle tonight. She pulled her short curly black hair out of her eyes and rubbed her forehead, "I'm sorry you had to find out about my magic this way." She gave Parrot a small smile, "The wound looked pretty infected so it was better this way."

Last edited:
"Oh, oh, Alison..." Parrot said quietly, trying to make sure she didn't move so much after just clearly expending so much energy, no matter what kind of energy it was. She held her hand on her shoulder, gently trying to push her back down on the comfortable lounge chair, before hurrying to get her own medical supplies. Maybe this wasn't the right time for Parrot to be so particular about doting over her servant, but at lease focusing on her skills as a sub-par nurse helped to get her mind off of everything else that was wrong. From her little first aid basket, she pulled out a cloth and a tonic, soaking the cloth in the tonic and holding it to her forehead.

"I...I don't mind. I'm not mad...it's alright," she insisted, regarding her magic, "I, um...I'll get some r-rest if you do too, alright? You need to be safe too..."

Alison She let out a small smile and nodded, "Thank you Parrot." she felt her eyes slowly close and as she drifted off she hoped that the kingdom will soon be at peace once again and everyone could be happy, and who knows maybe Parrot and the King would be able to enjoy each others company once again.

Collin He paced back and forth in his bedroom as he wasn't prepared for the sun to rise, he would have to announce that the land is all his now and he would need so assign knights to clean up after this horrible war.
He doesn't want his new subjects to be scared of him so he will have to offer them something, something they can't refuse.... Magic.

Last edited:
Parrot wasn't looking all that forward towards the next morning either. It had been so long since she'd seen Collin, and she missed him dearly...and yet, she couldn't be sure if she was ready to face him now. This wouldn't be the nice Prince Collin she knew, it would be the evil King Collin that liked conquering littler kingdoms just because he could. She didn't particularly want to see him, but at least she'd get a nice breakfast.

I doubt Layton and father are going to be quite as well fed, if they're even fed at all... she thought to herself, as she began dressing in a casual, but still beautiful, daytime gown, Unless, I wonder...maybe...

She smiled, almost smirked to herself, before shaking that thought out of her head and hurrying over to Alison. She was gentle, as always, but she still lightly shook her so that the both of them could properly start their day, "Alison...how are you feeling?"

Collin He quickly took his bath and got changed as he was excited to have his breakfast with Parrot, he was going to show her that he isn't who she clearly thinks he is.
He quickly grabbed an apple that was set on his table then headed over to the dining area while being greeted by many servants and knights.
Walking in he saw that the table in fact was not yet set, he furrowed his brows and set the apple down and stormed out, walking to the nearest knight he growled, "Where is Alison?"
"Oh uh, I believe she's in the Princesses room getting her ready."
Collin stormed off over her room, Parrots room. He just wanted to yell at Alison for not prepping the table as he asked her but once he opened the door, those warm turquoise eyes had met his cold grey ones.

Alison Alison woke up full of energy and to Parrot's soft voice, "Oh good morning you highness." Alison quickly stood and bowed, "I'm so sorry I fell asleep on your couch, it will not happen again."
Alison quickly turned around to see the King which was angry when he stormed in, now different and more laid back. She saw that him and Parrot's eyes had met but neither one of them spoke a word.

"Oh, Alison, it's alright! You're welcome to stay here whenever you like. I'm...I'm glad I wasn't alone after what happened last night," Parrot said, giving her a tight good morning hug, "You're my friend before you're my maid. Really."

The small bit of happiness that Parrot managed to find was wiped when Collin stormed in, making her jump and her smile disappear. She was practically frozen where she stood, and tears threatened to come to her eyes. This was all just at the sight of him. It was a wonder how the hell she could possibly make it through a full meal.

She rubbed her arm nervously, looking down towards the floor, "You...you're not allowed in here," she demanded, quiet and cautious, "You could've at least knocked..."

Collin & Alison He quickly looked down and tried to look for a distraction, "Oh uh sorry, I'm uh.. Alison a word please?" He looked up to Alison as he couldn't bare to think about last night and Parrot not hugging him back.
Alison looked down and nodded, she walked out the door and looked back right when she was at the door frame, "I'll be back." She gave Parrot a small smile before stepping outside the room and letting out a small sigh.
"Sorry for uh barging in... I'll, uh, be out here." He pointed out side and closed the door. His hands were shaking and he knew exactly why. He looked up at Alison as her eyes filled with tears, "I-I'm sorry, I had to heal her. Her wound was infected and I know you didn't want her hurt. I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. I used all my energy and I was only trying to-" She was cut off as she found Collins arms wrapped around her.
"Thank you for keeping Parrot safe." He gave her a warm smile, it was as if Parrot's energy had changed him some how, "I'll get someone else to prep the breakfast, you just stay with her and keep her happy." He patted her head and started to walk away completely changed, he stopped halfway and looked over his shoulder, "Please tell her I'm sorry and I look forward to the breakfast. And clean yourself up, I'll need you to be with us for the breakfast. Maybe borrow one of her dresses. Do whatever to make out guest feel at home and welcomed."
Alison stood there in shock, it wasn't like him to hug her. Or anyone as a matter of fact, maybe Parrot had changed him.

As the door shut behind the two of them, Parrot could release a sigh that she didn't even realize she was holding in. She felt relaxed when she was alone, if only for a moment. For a second there, she could almost look around and pretend that nothing had changed, that there had been no war and they never lost, until her gaze made it to the window. From her safe perch in the castle, she could see clearly all the damage that had been done. And it made her sick.

She needed to do more, more than just her silly healing of a few soldiers. Their kingdom couldn't be considered conquered until their spirits had fallen, which Parrot's had not. Seizing her moment of solitude, she grabbed a quill and a piece of parchment, scribbling words she didn't even fully understand until she wrote them.

My love,
I refuse to abandon you. I refuse to abandon Lens. What can I do? There must be something that I can do while I am still outside of the prison. I can help you get out, I must.
I will do my hardest to bring you proper meals from the kitchen, including dinner. When I come tonight, please give me a task. Something that I can do. I will do everything in my power to rid this plague that has swept over us.
Stay safe,
Parrot

Folding the parchment, she stuck it down her shirt just before Alison came back in. She smiled, kindly, happy to see that Collin wasn't following her, "Is everything alright? What...what did he want?"

Alison Alison walked in still speechless, "I uh, well the King wants me to join breakfast with you two." She rubbed her head and looked over at Parrot, "It's uh, weird. He's never asked me to do anything like this.." She walked over to the mirror and saw her dirty maid dress and her messy short black hair all over the place, she let out a sigh.
"I'm sorry Parrot but, you've changed him. I'm some weird way but.... How?" she hugged herself and looked at the small girl with some sort of pain in her eyes as Alison didn't know what to think at this moment. Everything was changing too quick.

Parrot looked...confused, and shook her head, "I did...I did nothing. I've hardly even wanted anything to do with him..." she said, walking next to her in front of the mirror and looking at both of their sad expressions, "I...you know I'm married to Layton. I have a duty to my kingdom. I'm not s-saying Collin and I would be...I don't know, but I couldn't do anything that would upset Layton. You know that. You know how he gets..."

She sighed, turning towards the nearby wardrobe and pulling out a dress, "Here...please, wear this, " Parrot insisted, handing it towards her, "I'm no princess here...therefore, I get no maid. I need only a friend now...please?"

Alison Alison gave Parrot a sad smile and nodded as she took the dress and went behind the blinds to quickly change, she poured some of the drinking water in her hands and cleaned up her face. Drying her hands off she walked away from the blinds and looked at herself in the mirror as she felt like she had looked completely different.
The dress wasn't anything flashy but it was quite beautiful as she adored the dark olive green colour of it. She looked at Parrot and smiled, "It's beautiful."
She got the brush and started to brush the mess that was her hair.

Collin Collin walked around the Kingdom as he had already sent someone to set up the breakfast. He walked over to the balcony and looked out the window and gave a little smile to the meadow as it was grey and damp but somewhere, if you squinted really hard you could see the green grass peaking from underneath.
He smiled as he got an idea on how to announce that the new land was his and how to make everyone forgive and never forget who their King is.

"Oh, of course it looks beautiful! That's because you're wearing it!" Parrot complimented, taking the brush from her so that she could tackle the tangled style. Allison had done it for her for years, and Parrot could only imagine what a pain all her curls were. It was the least she could do - and it was fun, too.

Once they were done, Parrot sighed and looked her over again, "You look great! Guess, uh...guess it's time to go and meet Collin..."

She took a deep breath, heading out of her chamber's doors and towards the dining room.

Alison Alison nodded and thanked Parrot once she finished with her hair, her hair now looked somewhat decent.
Walking out of Parrot's chambers she saw the nervous expression she had, "Uh Parrot, if you don't mind me asking... Why are you nervous to see the King? I mean I understand about your land and all but, I mean," She cut herself off as she thought she had sounded stupid and she now waited for Parrot's response.

Collin Collin had paced back and forth in the dining area, he had made sure everything was perfect, it even had large windows overlooking the meadows. He smiled as he knew he would get her trust back as when he claims the land to be all his after this breakfast he was planning something big, something she'll never forget.

Parrot looked down towards her own gown, fidgeting even more nervously when Alison just asked her why she was nervous, "Because...I'm his prisoner. I know I am. I know he took me out of the dungeon and he's inviting us to dinner and all, but...we're enemies. I have to stay loyal to my people. I doubt he's going to take that very well..." she explained, taking a deep breath. The doors were in front of her. She was cautious in doing so, but she opened them slowly.

Parrot didn't even acknowledge him as she walked in, or looked out the windows. She just took her seat. She wanted to walk in, eat her food, steal some food for Layton and Valentine, and then leave.

Collin & Alison Collin turned around, his eyes suddenly met with Alison's green dress which actually looked quite nice on her. He didn't notice he was smiling until his eyes once again had met with Parrots blue ones, she had also looked lovely, well she always did to him.
"M'ladies," he walked on over to his chair which of course was was the head chair, "Please have a seat." he gestured to the other two chairs that were set across from each other.
'Great I cant even sit beside Parrot.' Alison thought as she took her seat, Collin had waited for Parrot to sit and then he sat. On the table there was eggs, bread, fruits, sausage and ham and at the center there they were, those beautiful pink flowers that had no sent as the food overcame them.
Alison looked up at Parrot and gave her a soft smile as she hoped she will be alright.

Parrot smiled back at Alison, happy to at least have her at the table, even if the two of them couldn't sit next to each other. Still, when Collin looked towards her and when she acknowledged him in return, her smile almost immediately fell. Even if he treated her like a guest when she should've been a prisoner, she couldn't fully believe she was a real guest. Who could worry about treating guests at all when they were, essentially, still at war? There had to be some ulterior motive to what he was doing. A political move, like everything in their lives had to be. There could be no friends just being nice to each other - they had to be royals.

The food made her happy, if anything. Parrot was quick to load her plate up with food, practically drooling. It was an awful lot of food, especially for someone who was never known for eating much...but she stopped herself before she ate any of it. Their two kingdoms knew better than any other what could happen when you don't watch your food. Parrot knew all too well. She nearly brought a piece of bread to her lips, but when she did remember, she set it back down on her plate. She said nothing - there wasn't much to say to Collin, anyways - and simply waited for him to take a bite first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back