• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ♡ spirit's kiss ♡ (closed)

peachnim

fabulous *:・゚✧
tumblr_on1mjntInt1w4pa7ko1_500.gif

♡ DESCRIPTION ♡

The love between humans and yokai is taboo. Throughout history, tales of human-yokai relations have almost always ended in despair, and none have ever encouraged the mixing of the two species. However, in Honshu island, a very different story is about to be written.

The land god of Miyagi prefecture’s Yakurai Shrine hopes for better relations between the two creatures, especially since the yokai are being long forgotten due to the introduction of western ideas. In hopes of breaking down the walls between the two, the shrine owner plans to assign the shrine’s yokai to certain humans as their familiars. In order to do this, he will pick out several (un)lucky students from the neighboring school, Miyagi High, and call the humans and spirits to a meeting. After a single kiss, the human and his/her spirit enter a contract; they are bound to serve and protect the other respectively. Not only will this plan improve human-yokai relations (and possibly romances), it will let the land god grant yokai the chance to become gods themselves, and give protection for humans from evil spirits.

But, will the spirits and humans overcome their differences, and have the courage to fall in love?

♡ SUMMARY/NOTES ♡

This will be a fantasy, fun-filled romance, comedy, and drama RP, revolving around two groups of characters: humans and yokai (spirits).

One one side, the Japanese spirits control various aspects of nature/help (or hinder!) humans in different ways (check here for reference), and vary in terms of ethics (e.g. chaotic, mischievous, good, etc). These yokai will dwell in or near the Yakurai Shrine.

On the other hand, Miyagi High’s students will form a contract with their spirit. Once kissed by the spirit, both the human and yokai are bound by life to serve and protect the other respectively. Note: The humans will live in the Yakurai Shrine as well, but will go to school as usual (except this time with their spirits tagging along as well).

Be creative! For example, humans do not have to already be aware of what yokai are, nor do they have to be so willing to serve one. Similarly, the yokai do not have to be willing to be surrounded by humans–in fact, they may have relocated to the shrine for a different purpose altogether. The same goes for love lines: humans do not have to have a romance with their assigned yokai specifically, and vice versa.* The possibilities are endless!

*However, I do want there to be romance, no matter which route you take, since this is a romance-based RP.

Be active! Throughout each week there should be some discussion in the OOC thread and activity in the IC thread. (Of course, I’m not demanding a post each day, but I do not want this RP to die out quickly.)

♡ ROLES ♡

*note: not first come, first serve.

♥ "FEMALE BAD"/MISCHIEVOUS YOKAI (2)
— TBA
– TBA

♥ "GOOD"/NEUTRAL YOKAI – one of the spots will be taken by me
all spots taken

♥ HUMAN FEMALES (2)
— TBA
— TBA

➳ an additional slot for the shrine owner/land god – taken by me; will only appear to introduce and oversee the characters

*I will add more character slots based on interest!

*"Good" yokai work for the interests of the public, while "bad" yokai work against humanity. These are very broad terms, so the degree of which spirits work for/against humans differs. Also, being classified as "good" or "bad" does not mean the spirit loves/hates humans respectively.

♡ Q&A ♡

Q: How many characters will I be allowed to have?
A: At the moment, only one. If this RP garners more attention, then you may fill in another open role.

Q: When will the roleplay start?
A: Once we have enough people to fill all of the slots.

Q: Will it be realistic or anime faceclaims?
A: Anime faceclaims, from anime or manga.

Q: If I am making a yokai, are they required to have a certain personality or like certain things?
A: Not necessarily, but do know that there are various routes you can take with the yokai. Some are good, and like humans. Others, not so much. And still others, indifferent. Be creative, and try to match their personalities with their powers (unless you have a good reason not to; for example, humor)!

Q: Does my character have to have a certain sexuality?
A: No, but I have set it up as such that there will be an even amount of girls and guys, so I would like there to be some attraction between the two genders (this doesn’t mean that your character cannot be attracted to the same sex).

Q: How do I reserve a spot?
A: It’s simple–just post below saying which spot you want to reserve, and I'll edit you in. Also, make sure to let me know what sort of spirit you are making (e.g. kitsune) beforehand so there is no repetition.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me! :-)

♡ APPLICATION ♡

Basics—
Name:
Role: (good yokai, bad yokai, human)

Appearance—
Full body image (if possible):
Up close image (of their face):
Clothing style:
Examples of what they wear:
Hair color:
Hair length:
Eye color:

About—
Personality:
Biography:
Relationships:
Other:

♡ RULES ♡

1. No god-modding.
2. No Mary-Sues and Gary Stus.
3. No OOC drama.
4. No one-liners—at least 2 paragraphs (3-4 sentences each) per post.
5. Once again, be active—try posting(when you can) throughout the week.
6. The same rules on RPN apply here (e.g. no nsfw/steamy scenes)
7. Wait for the first post.

[ ♪ THEME ♪ ]
[ CHARACTER SHEETS ]
[ IC CHAT ]
[ OOC CHAT ]

base code cr: l o l i t a | q&a cr: yoongi

Last edited:
i'd totally be down to play a okuri inu (i believe that would be labeled under bad/mischievous ???) if that's okay. and it'll def be male.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back