• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ♛ ── on ⟨ broken ⟩ wings || interest check

mintis

hero
hey everyone! this is my first time attempting to host or get together an rp here on rpnation, so i apologize in advance if i'm a little slow with this

4AaaIwU.gif

𝓸𝓷 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓷 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼
| a dragon rider roleplay |
| inspired by eragon & another rp i made a long ass time ago |

The lands of Alera have always lived in harmony.

It is said that the Gods painstakingly crafted the land to fit their image of perfection; they sculpted mountain ranges and rolling plains with their own hands and filled valleys with lush vegetation, and then they created life to inhabit their creation. First came the Twins - one Human mortal and One Elf mortal - children of the Gods. The Twins were loved so dearly by all the Gods and divine beings that they came together and gifted the Twins Dragons. All of the elements were forged into several beautiful eggs, given to the Twins because of their pure hearts and joyous souls.

Hundreds of years later, Elves, Humans, and Dragons live alongside one another. The realm suffers few hardships, rarely seeing war, disease, famine, or otherwise damaging effects that seem to typically befall other lands. Dragons and the other races formed special bonds with one another, and a special Coalition arose to accommodate the growing population of dragon riders. The Riders operated by a strict code and pledged themselves to work only to better the realm and protect the people and lands within the borders.

The Coalition of Riders was successful for generations, gaining fame and admiration from the common folk. Dragon Riders were seen as a symbol of peace and power. It seemed as if nothing could ever harm Alera... until a certain man rose to the occasion. Once a member of the Coalition of Riders and a former candidate for Commander, a man named Warrick Pearson collected a group of like-minded individuals and turned them on their brothers and sisters. The group formed the Tihcai, and began to enact their plan of taking the throne by force.

--

You are one of many Riders in the Coalition, your world turned upside down as the relatively peaceful realm of Alera breaks down into war-torn chaos. You must work together with the rest of the Coalition to fight against the Tihcai, reclaim Alera, and restore your homelands to peace once more.

--

Before I put the effort into coding and making a whole bunch of threads, I'd like to see if this would get off the ground.
There will be eight slots; preferably four male characters and four female characters (more might be opened if demand is high!)
This roleplay is expected to be long-term and semi-literate (posts would be three+ paragraphs)
You will play your own character (human or elf) + their dragon, you cannot only make/play as a dragon!

Available Roles:
Leader
Second-in-command

Medic/Healer
Cook
Tactician
Assassin

Spy
Berserker

and we are full! thanks so much for everyone’s support!

Last edited:
I'd be interested in such a roleplay. If I could, I would enjoy to play as the second-in-command.

If we’re claiming roles, I’d like to have the Tactician.

Last edited:
It seems that there is a lot of interest in this already. But, if there are spots open I might be very interested in this. Can't wait to learn more.

I agree with the love of my life above, of course. If more spots open, I will certainly be interested! Really like the concept.

Eragon and the rest of the series were my favorite books! I already see a lot of interest in this and most of the roles were snatched up, but if you have any more room let me know, please

The Hero The Hero
labyrinthine labyrinthine
MasterRed MasterRed
Danidify Danidify
NUSKI NUSKI
Quados Quados
lazee lazee

Hello everyone! First let me just say how excited I am to have so many people express interest in my roleplay! I will definitely be continuing forward with this and you can all expect to see a few big updates and developments happening very soon!

TYPE TYPE
Braddington Braddington
Seabourne Seabourne
undeadrat undeadrat

I will be adding FOUR more spots to the rp to accommodate you all or others if you guys decide you don’t want a spot. It’s likely you’ll have to choose/create your own roles so keep that in mind!

The Hero The Hero
labyrinthine labyrinthine
MasterRed MasterRed
Danidify Danidify
NUSKI NUSKI
Quados Quados
lazee lazee

Hello everyone! First let me just say how excited I am to have so many people express interest in my roleplay! I will definitely be continuing forward with this and you can all expect to see a few big updates and developments happening very soon!

TYPE TYPE
Braddington Braddington
Seabourne Seabourne
undeadrat undeadrat

I will be adding FOUR more spots to the rp to accommodate you all or others if you guys decide you don’t want a spot. It’s likely you’ll have to choose/create your own roles so keep that in mind!
Brilliant. I am thinking something like "historian" or "scribe" - but will confirm with you when making my CS.

There's already a healer, but would taking a role as an herbalist be different enough to be acceptable? I'm stuck between that and a survivalist, but I'm not sure if the direction of the rp will make much use of the survivalist, especially if the magic is similar to that in the Eragon series. I would also really enjoy playing as a saboteur, if you feel like the group could use one. (Saboteur sounds the most fun, if I'm being honest. Tagging along with the spy to cause havoc? infinite possibilities)

Seabourne Seabourne

A saboteur could definitely be useful, and I agree that it does sound like a lot of fun! They could indeed work with the spy as well - I think it'd be good for them to be able to watch each other's backs when they're working so close to the Tihcai.

A saboteur could definitely be useful, and I agree that it does sound like a lot of fun! They could indeed work with the spy as well - I think it'd be good for them to be able to watch each other's backs when they're working so close to the Tihcai.

I'm happy you agree! Thanks for allowing it : )

Would the role in the sense of a "Knight" or "Champion" type figure be alright? The classic noble warrior.

Yes absolutely! I actually considered using that role when I was first making the thread, so it'll be nice to have it used!

lool I get interested then scroll to see all roles filled XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back