• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ☾ — cs | blomstrande school of magic.

peachnim

fabulous *:・゚✧

APPLICATION
basics
↳ full name: (first, middle, last)
↳ face claim:
↳ race/ethn.:
↳ age & year: (16-19 | 1st year/2nd year/3rd year)
↳ birth date:
↳ gender:
↳ sexuality:
↳ ancestry type: (full, half, or no magical ancestry)
↳ height:
↳ weight:
↳ hair: (color, length, texture/style)
↳ eyes: (color)
↳ grade average: (rank a [90-100], rank b [80-89], rank c [70-79], rank d [69 & below])
↳ extra: (other notable, if applicable)

personality
↳ i enjoy meeting new people. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i like helping people. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i consider school important. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i sometimes make mistakes. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am easily disappointed. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i enjoy repairing things. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i try out new activities. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i consider other people’s feelings. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i like to understand the underlying theory. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i consider myself an overachiever. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am modest about what I have achieved. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i conceal my feelings. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am considered likeable. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am nervous before big events. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i review work critically. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i usually feel relaxed. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)

*any other extra: (e.g. studious, train wreck, aloof, hopeless romantic, snobby, etc.)

biography
↳ siblings? include names, ages, & relationship status (good/bad).
↳ parents? include names, ages, & relationship status (good/bad).
↳ other notable [e.g. aunt; grandfather]? include names, ages, & relationship status (good/bad).
↳ financial status. (rich, middle upper class, middle class, lower middle class, lower class, poverty)
↳ favorite & least favorite subject. (potions, etiquette, lunch, spells, broomstick flying, rune studies, plant identification, familiar training, history & origins)
↳ what’s your story? what/who brought you to this academy? (2+ paragraphs)
↳ describe your previous school life in a few paragraphs (minimum 1, pref. 2+). were you a rebel, were you the teacher’s pet, or something else entirely? was your previous school experience good or bad? elaborate.
↳ what are your motives? in other words, what do you live for/what are your goals?

NOTES
  • Not first come-first serve.
  • Only five applications (two female, three male) will be accepted per term. The terms are as follows: fall/winter [sept-jan], and spring/summer [feb-june]. With each term, I'll re-open applications so that more people can join/leave. Any students who leave the academy mid-term will be replaced by a transfer student (meaning, applications will be re-opened temporarily).
  • Tip: I give preferences to...
    1) well-written, unique characters (give me some diverse fcs! south asian, latinx, and southeast asians, anyone? also, complexity matters.)
    2) aesthetics. this isn’t a “must-have”, but i’d like to see some sort of effort in the character sheets/in-character posts. (if you’re totally lost on using/creating coding, then i won’t hold you accountable for that ofc. i always enjoy good writing over aesthetics.)​
  • I will let people double up if I see that the person is consistent in replying or will bring variety to the role play. (Bring on those flawed characters!)
LINKS
Will be added shortly.
FALL/WINTER INFORMATION
INTEREST CHECK
CLASSROOMS (IC)
STUDENT LOUNGE (OOC)​

Last edited:

tumblr_ogcxz8nuRf1uw0ccco8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_ogcxz8nuRf1uw0ccco9_r1_250.gif
tumblr_ogcxz8nuRf1uw0ccco3_250.gif
tumblr_ogcxz8nuRf1uw0ccco10_r1_250.gif

ONE OF A KIND!
basics
full name: komal pawar
face claim: alia bhatt
race/ethnicity: swedish-born indian (gujarati indian)
age & year: 17 (second year)
birth date: 11/24/1999
sexuality: heterosexual
ancestry type: half magical ancestry (mother: witch, father: human)
height: 5’4” (163 cm)
weight: 119 lbs (54 kg)
hair: thick, long (chest-length), wavy, dark brown hair (parted to the right). her hair gets unbearably frizzy right out of the shower, so she takes full showers after two-day intervals rather than daily. to calm her frizz or change up her look, she'll occasionally straighten her hair out.
eyes: light brown
grade average: rank c [70-79]
extra: still hasn’t figured out how to fill in her eyebrows correctly, because every time she does, they end up looking like two giant rectangles. her brows are already way too full, so she tends to leave that step out when she gets ready in the morning. #still praying for instagram-worthy brows

personality
↳ i enjoy meeting new people. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i like helping people. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i consider school important. (yes, no, hex no, MAYBE SO)
↳ i sometimes make mistakes. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am easily disappointed. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i enjoy repairing things. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i try out new activities. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i consider other people’s feelings. (yes, no, hex no, MAYBE SO)
↳ i like to understand the underlying theory. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i consider myself an overachiever. (yes, no, HEX NO, maybe so)
↳ i am modest about what I have achieved. (yes, no, hex no, MAYBE SO)
↳ i conceal my feelings. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am considered likeable. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am nervous before big events. (yes, no, hex no, MAYBE SO)
↳ i review work critically. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i usually feel relaxed. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)

*any other extra: seeing her parents' adorable love story, komal grew to harbor an optimistic, healthy outlook on life. she views relationships (any type) positively, and has big notions (about love, careers, etc). as such, she can be unrealistic and annoyingly chirpy. she is also known to be quite the goofy character, as not only does she love a corny joke, but she can blurt out some very hilarious (and to teachers, unappreciated) comments. evidently, komal speaks her mind. because of this, the girl does not have a sense of personal space and is moody. and since she speaks & acts without thinking, her words/actions can hurt those around her. komal also has the bad habit of not taking anything seriously, which can brutally backfire. still, while she often faces failure, she has been raised to never let it get the best of her.

simply put, komal is an expressive, silly mess.

*hobbies: athletics (hiking, dance, cheer), shopping, binge-watching before exams​

biography
siblings? little brother: anis pawar, 8. (good terms [though he can be a tad annoying & invasive.])
parents? father: ruhan pawar, 46. (good terms) | mother: kushali jindal, 43. (good terms)
other notable? paternal grandmother: “dadi”, 73. (rocky terms - the two disagree a lot, especially concerning the role of women)
financial status. upper middle class.
favorite subject. spells
least favorite subject. rune studies
what’s their story? komal’s parents enrolled her in the school upon hearing good reviews from family-friends. though at first she was reluctant due to not wanting to run into the greasy boys from her childhood, the school pleasantly surprised her. the building was massive, and she was eternally grateful for that. komal’s first year at the school went by fabulously in terms of not bumping into said family-friends, but the same could not be said about her grades. since it was only her first year, she paid little attention to the consequences of her fooling around. instead, she promised herself to work even harder next year.

this will be komal’s second year, and her hopeful rebound (which seems sadly unlikely). as college-aimed decisions and graduation draw nearer, komal is starting to become uncertain on as to what she wants to do. unlike her peers, she has no clear plan, and that is beginning to worry her.
describe their previous school life in a few paragraphs. komal’s previous schools could never amount to the countless adventures secondary school has to offer. sure, the workload is a pain in the butt, but the facilities are ten times better than her primary schools’. if there’s anything bad about secondary school, it’s the higher expectations. the younger komal had the same spirit and mischief that she currently has, but was able to play pranks and leap on trees without receiving detention. and plus, komal never had to worry about boys, dances, and makeup until this year. she was always happily in her own, unbridled world. while the girl was never the object of someone’s affections, she was well-liked and had a huge group of friends. and though she seeks to keep it that way, hormones and the feeling of wanting to fit in can be occasionally overwhelming. still, komal hates the idea of dropping the image of “class clown” for some shallow recognition, and holds dearly onto the “younger”, carefree her.
what are their motives? when it comes to goal-forming, komal is the last person to ask. she has no clear idea of her future. rather, her dreams and hopes are quite unrealistic (e.g. marry a famous public figure, get scouted, etc.). instead, it is the thought of her parents working hard to give her an easier life than they had that drives her to be of some help to them. and, it just so happens that fulfilling their wishes by finishing school fits the bill.

not only that, the thought of meeting new faces, rejoicing with old ones, and embarking on a crazy adventure help fuel her daily. without a little twist, what good would there be to life?​

Last edited:
WIP
HARLOW QUINN
tumblr_n4wy0ez7dV1qcpno5o1_1280.jpg
BASICS
↳full name: Harlow Julianne Quinn
↳face claim: Malese Jow
↳race/ethn.: Chinese, English and Scottish
↳age & year: seventeen, first year
↳birth date: February 6th, 2000
↳gender: Female
↳sexuality: Bisexual
↳ancestry type: No magical ancestry
APPEARANCE

[SIZE=3 ]↳ height: 5'7
↳ weight: 128
↳ hair: brown, straight, comes to her shoulders
↳ eyes: light brown
↳ grade average: rank b
↳ extra: n/a [/SIZE]
PERSONALITY

↳ i enjoy meeting new people. maybe so
↳ i like helping people. yes
↳ i consider school important. maybe so
↳ i sometimes make mistakes. yes
↳ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. yes
↳ i am easily disappointed. maybe so
↳ i enjoy repairing things. maybe so
↳ i try out new activities. yes
↳ i consider other people’s feelings. yes
↳ i like to understand the underlying theory. maybe so
↳ i consider myself an overachiever. no
↳ i am modest about what I have achieved. yes
↳ i conceal my feelings. yes
↳ i am considered likeable. maybe so
↳ i am nervous before big events. maybe so
↳ i review work critically. maybe so
↳ i usually feel relaxed. yes

*any other extra: a dreamer, daring, kind of reckless and impulsive
IN DEPTH
info
coded by: witchery

Last edited:
f i n i s h e d also a note there are lots of hidden scrollies

배태호
B A S I C S
full name ⦁ Bae Taeho
nickname ⦁ Tae, Bae {prefers Tae}
gender ⦁ cis male
sexuality ⦁ biromantic bisexual
age/year ⦁ 17 {2nd year}
dob ⦁ August 27, 2000
pob ⦁ London, England
G R A D E S
grade average ⦁ A {90-100}
fav. subject ⦁ potions
least fav. ⦁ broomstick flying
study habit ⦁ very good; writes detailed notes that are easy to understand
thought on school ⦁ studies are extremely important, enjoys learning
extra ⦁ He isn't the brightest kid, but through hardwork, he perseveres. Curiosity about things comes natural to him, and he's always the one asking questions. Due to going to non-magic school for most of his life, he does fall short in some subjects, but makes up for it by studying and asking questions.
P E R S O N A L I T Y

Q & A

1. I enjoy meeting new people. maybe so

2. I like helping people. yes

3. I consider school important. yes

4. I sometimes make mistakes. maybe so

5. I am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. maybe so

6. I am easily disappointed. hex no

7. I enjoy repairing things. yes

8. I try out new activities. maybe so

9. I consider other people’s feelings. yes

10. I like to understand the underlying theory. maybe so

11. I consider myself an overachiever. yes

12. I am modest about what I have achieved. yes

13. I conceal my feelings. no

14. I am considered likable. yes

15. I am nervous before big events. yes

16. I review work critically. yes

17. I usually feel relaxed. hex no

I N D E P T H

Tae is easily seen as a hardworking person who always tries to give his very best. He can be a bit of a perfectionist in terms of his own work, nitpicking every detail. Sometimes, he finds himself picking at other's work, but he's not a confrontational person, preferring to remain passive. People will sometimes call him a teacher's pet because he's always trying to be a people pleaser. Tae is genuinely a bleeding heart who always tries to lend an ear or hand to someone if they need it. On a side note, he gives the best hugs known to man. He's the type of person who does favor after favor for people without expecting anything in return. That being said, Tae is easily taken advantage of because of his kindness.

It's almost impossible for Tae to tell a lie as he's just terrible liar. He won't go around spewing secrets, but if someone were to corner him trying to pry one out of him, he'd probably succumb under pressure. Tae is a loud and expressive person who often acts off his emotions. He's an open book, not much to hide here. You'll either be annoyed or want to look out for him due to his naive and sometimes childish nature. Tae is goofy in the clueless way, and despite being book smart, he's quite lacking in common sense. You’ll never meet anyone as clumsy as him as he doesn’t quite grasp the concept of balance. Tae is a very humble person who gets flustered easily when complimented or praised. Due to his intense desire to please, Tae gets easily discouraged when he doesn't do as well as he anticipates.

B A C K S T O R Y

F A M I L Y

S I B L I N G S

Bae Taemi「elder sister, 22」
Tae is extremely close with his sister despite their five-year age difference. He always calls her Mimi, a nickname that's stuck since Tae could talk. Taemi is the one person who knows exactly who Tae is, his likes, dislikes, goals, etc. etc. She is Tae's secret keeper and everything he needs to get off his chest goes right to her. His sister had magical schooling all her life, and she frequently tried to educate Tae while he was forced to attend non-magic school. Tae owes most of his knowledge to her. Taemi graduated top of her class during her time at Blomstrande after all. Today she still stands as another person Tae looks up to as an on-the-rise and very talented magizookeeper. With their relationship being so close, they text back and forth every day even when they're both busy.

P A R E N T S - Tae's parents have been divorced for around four years.

Lee Seola「mother, 52」
Tae's mother is a very successful witch/professor known for her research in the botanical and magizoological field. Her job often has her traveling the world conducting research, teaching, or giving speeches. As a result, she was absent for most of Tae's life. Despite being able to see his mother only once (twice/more if he's lucky) a year, Tae doesn't resent her at all. In fact, he idolizes her, viewing her as someone he strives to be like and to please. He thinks she's doing no harm for being away, busying herself in her work, much to his father's displeasure. Seola and Tae exchange letters at least once a month, however, and Tae treasures every letter she's sent him.

Bae Minhyuk「father, 51」
Tae and his father's relationship can be strained at times, but in the end, they do love each other. His father doesn't always see eye to eye with Tae and can be very judgmental of his choices. Minhyuk wanted his son to have no association with the magical world after seeing his ex-wife consumed by her work. Tae, on the other hand, wanted to be just like his mum, so he attended Blomstrande against his father's wishes while dropping his promising rugby career, much to his father's dismay. Since then, his father and he haven't spoken without some awkwardness.

O T H E R

Angeline Taylor「stepmother, 51」
Tae very much dislikes Angeline, seeing as his father and her married only a year after his parents' divorce. She is from magic-descent yet she wants nothing to do with magical world. One top of that, she often pities Tae and sometimes insults his mother, saying "A good mother would've ben around for you". This only adds to his further dislike of her.

F I N A N C I A L S T A T U S

Tae's mother is on the richer side, lower upper-class, due to her research and teaching career. She has a large and fairly nice flat near the university she teaches and conducts research at, but she's hardly home due to her travels. Most of Tae's more luxury needs are paid by her (ex. electronics, very nice clothing) as well as his school tuition. Tae's father is very much middle-class, making enough money to have a small family home where he, his wife, and his two children live. Tae goes back home to his father's house when school allows. Minhyuk works as a PE teacher and rugby coach and pays for Tae's basic needs (ex. food, clothing, etc.).

P R E S E N T

Coming to Blomstrande was the best moment of Tae’s life. He had always known he wanted to attend the alma mater of both his mother and his sister. Stories of such a magnificent school had always swirled in Tae’s mind even as a child. When his mother finally told him he could go to Blomstrande, Tae obviously said yes immediately. On the other hand, his father had reserves about magical school, worried that he would be disadvantaged because of his lack of formal magical schooling. The two argued about Tae leaving the school system he was raised with and their relationship took a turn for the worse. They fought often; his father did anything he could to dissuade Tae. Yet, Tae wouldn’t budge, and eventually, his father gave in, seeing his son’s determination. His mother was elated and that very summer she tried to prepare him for the upcoming school year.

To him, going to a magical school opened up a new adventure, a new chapter in his life he had never experienced before. That being said, since he had only attended a non-magical school previously, his first year was spent learning about the world of magic in general. He often made a fool of himself in the process, his clumsiness giving him a name around the school. Still, he would surprise people, working hard by studying to achieve good grades. Tae wouldn’t let his inherent cluelessness give him the reputation of the class idiot.

In the end, first year was honestly one of the best experiences of Tae’s life. Being able to finally learn about magic made up for all the cons. With the start of his second year, Tae hopes to continue learning and aiming higher.

P A S T

Tae’s life has always been grounded in both the magic and non-magic world with his parents coming from two sides of the spectrum. All of his prior schooling before Blomstrande had, in fact, been within the non-magical school system. There, he was a typical kid going to school because he had to and participating in extracurriculars. He was most well known for his skill in rugby, being labeled as sports-crazed at times. By no means was he the most popular, but he was well-liked by many people for his sincerity. Even in school, he still had a good work ethic (earning him good grades), yet he was still the class fool. Being with Tae usually meant having a good laugh. It could’ve been seen as bullying at times, yet Tae was often too caught up in other things to notice.

Tae had two loves, rugby and all things magic. Rugby was his father’s sport, so naturally, Tae was raised to love it too. He was always practicing, partially to keep in shape but more to keep his father proud. That was one thing he had in common with his father. On the other hand, Tae absolutely adored learning about the magical world. His mother fostered his sense of curiosity for the seemingly unexplainable. When she was able to take Tae with her, his mother showed him the wonders of her profession. Tae’s sister, who was able to attend magic school, taught Tae whatever she learned, seeing how he soaked up every detail that came out of her mouth. His parents and sister could always see the change Tae felt when learning about magic. He wished for nothing more than to fully immerse himself in the world of magic.

G O A L S

When Tae is approached about his goals, his answers are always given with stars in his eyes. You can call him a dreamer, wishing for things with his whole heart.

1. Tae wishes to enter into a career that is fully immersed in the magic world. If anything, he has been advised by his mother and teachers alike to enter a career in research or experimentation. With his second-year beginning, Tae has thought of pursuing a career in potions-making/research as he has quite a knack for it. He has also thought about combining that and pursuing a career like his mother’s in the research of plants and their properties.

2. As always, Tae hopes to continue improving and learning all he can. He’s also vowed to help others that are struggling.

3. Although kind of foolish, Tae just wants to not fall/trip every day. For once, he wants to stop getting hurt constantly. Also to stop accidentally falling on/tackling others. This is highly unlikely nonetheless.

L O O K S
faceclaim ⦁ Yoon Dowoon
voiceclaim ⦁ Kim Sangwoo x x
ethnicity ⦁ Korean
nationality ⦁ English
ancestry ⦁ half magic {mother} & non-magic {father}
height ⦁ 177cm {5'10}
weight ⦁ 60kg {132 lbs}
complextion ⦁ on the paler side, little blemishes
hair ⦁ black, never-dyed, extremely thick. Tae almost never knows what to do with it, and it can be described as a thick black mop complete with unruly bangs. Now and then, he attempts to slick it back, revealing his forehead (a very rare occurence) or he'll part his fringe. His sister says his hair looks better with a little texture, so he often uses products to give it a bit of curl (also a little perm he was forced to get).
eyes ⦁ black; his eyes often crinkle when he smiles
build ⦁ muscular after years of playing rugby/working out
birthmarks ⦁ a blotch on his elbow that kinda looks like a weird flower-ish shape
extra ⦁ Due to his clumsiness, Tae is always scratched up somewhere. It shouldn't be a surprise seeing his with multiple bandaids and bruises.

G A L L E R Y

coding by ⦁ s e r e n d i p i t y

Last edited:
100%

28a4wa8.jpg

20r1t8i.jpg

For the ones who dream of stranger worlds
2i9mi45.jpg

basics
↳ full name: hanna zsófia kish
↳ face claim: bree kish
↳ race/ethn.: hungarian, french-english
↳ age & year: 18|3rd year
↳ birth date: feb 16
↳ gender: female
↳ sexuality: bisexual
↳ ancestry type: half (mother-magic, father-non magic, but his grandfather magic)
↳ height: 5'10"
↳ weight: 190lbs
↳ hair: natural redhead, long, and naturally curly
↳ eyes: hazel
↳ grade average: rank a [90-100]

personality
↳ i consider school important. yes
↳ i sometimes make mistakes. maybe so
↳ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. yes
↳ i am easily disappointed. no
↳ i enjoy repairing things. yes
↳ i consider other people’s feelings. maybe so
↳ i like to understand the underlying theory. yes
↳ i consider myself an overachiever. maybe so
↳ i am modest about what I have achieved. maybe so
↳ i conceal my feelings. hex no
↳ i am considered likeable. maybe so
↳ i am nervous before big events. no
↳ i review work critically. yes
↳ i usually feel relaxed. maybe so
*mbti~estj
*virtues. confident | charismatic | studious | ambitious | honest | organized
*vices. blunt | stubborn | romantically cynical | rigid
*extra. disney lover #disneyobsessed.

biography
↳ siblings? lola|6|half-sister(they don't see each other much).
↳ parents? sophie|40|mother(rocky),leo|30|step-father(rocky), nikolasz|49|father(great/daddy's girl)
↳ other notable family? claudette|63|maternal-grandmother(very good/favored over her mother).
↳ financial status. upper middle class
↳ favorite subject. potions | least favorite subject. etiquette
↳ story?
the witches of her family have attended blomstrande for generations, it was natural that she would go despite the strained relationship between hanna and her mother. claudette, her grandmother had a heavy influence and as a generous donator to the school hanna was top of the list. while she was sad to be leaving hungry, her father, and her home she was excited with the prospect of changing schools and growing her abilities.
↳ previous school life.
in france hanna dealt with bullying. not only was she bigger than most kids, she was more developed. she seemed to have a target her back. this was even more so when the rumors of her mother's affair began to circulate, especially that she may be pregnant by her younger lover. once the divorce was finalized hanna moved back to hungry with her father. she no longer experienced bullying and finally gained some confidence. but as her last year began to draw to a close her grandmother informed her she would attend blomstrande and that it would grow her as a witch.
↳ motives?
hanna is highly motivated to go far in whatever career she chooses. she is talented in mathematics and science. potions and runes. she seeks a field similar to the magical equivalent of a biochemist or engineer.

og01fp.jpg

2vjod1u.jpg

code by pasta

Kellan Delgadillo

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
2yoycxw.jpg

2vtpcv6.jpg
basics
↳ full name:kellan marco delgadillo
↳ face claim: froy gutierrez
↳ race/ethnicity: english, mexican
↳ age & year: 16| first year
↳ birth date: march 14
↳ gender: male
↳ sexuality: undecided (Demi romantic/demisexual?)
↳ ancestry type: no magical parents (though magic is in his blood line 2 and 3 generations down)
↳ height: 5’9”
↳ weight: 140
↳ hair: brown
↳ eyes:blue
↳ grade average: rank b-
↳ extra: freckles

personality
↳ i consider school important. maybe so
↳ i sometimes make mistakes. yes
↳ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. hex no
↳ i am easily disappointed. no
↳ i enjoy repairing things. yes
↳ i consider other people’s feelings. maybe so
↳ i like to understand the underlying theory. maybe so
↳ i consider myself an overachiever. hex no
↳ i am modest about what I have achieved. maybe so
↳ i conceal my feelings. maybe so
↳ i am considered likeable. yes
↳ i am nervous before big events. maybe so
↳ i review work critically. no
↳ i usually feel relaxed. yes
*mbti~infp
*virtues. optimistic|passionate|open minded|dedicated
*vices. insicure|impractical|disorganized
biography
↳ siblings? luna|20(rocky, she's upset that her brother had the magical ability and not her), sienna|15(playful, they tease each other but always have the others back), isadora|10(great, she thinks her brother is amazing), aiden|1(finally a boy!)
↳ parents? carlos|43|father(great), annie|41|mother(great )
↳ other notable? lucinda|45|paternal aunt/tía(great, his favorite person)
↳ financial status. lower middle class.
↳ favorite subject.broomstick flying | least favorite subject.runes
↳ story?
kellan made the choice himself. his whole life he'd been raised in mexico, homeschooled with his sisters, surrounded by family and friends, but not by other magical people. he was a bit of a showcase for the family, while they were very proud of him they never pressured him to seek help, but to preform on his own pace. but haven't no expirence around other magical people he was intrigued. he found blomstronde
↳ previous school life?
kellan was homeschooled by his mother his whole life. while is magical skills began to develop she encouraged him to expirment and test his own strengths. his mother had a very hands on approach to learning and he always grew up with a lot of freedom to make his own way and choices. even without formal school for his magic, for being self taught, he had talent.
↳ what are their motives?
kellan has always had the freedom to make his own choices. while he is undecided in his career path his main goal is to just get through highschool.

coded by DeerPrince DeerPrince
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
29za0ed.jpg
2jcc0ma.jpg

Last edited:

lien nguyen

you're just like a dream

basics

full name ➤ liên nguyen-colmenares
face claim ➤ lana condor
race/ethn. ➤ vietnamese-spanish
age & year ➤ 18, second year
birth date ➤ june 4, 1999
gender ➤ female
sexuality ➤ demiromantic demisexual
ancestry type ➤ unknown (the identities of her biological parents remain a mystery. her adoptive parents both have full magical ancestry.)
height ➤ 5'2'' (158 cm)
weight ➤ 110 lbs (50 kg)
hair ➤ black, goes down to her waist, very thick and straight as a ruler (unless she braids it after a shower to make it wavy, which is often). she likes to keep it out of her face and usually has it pulled up or held back with an accessory.
eyes ➤ dark brown
grade average ➤ rank b [80-89]; lien is the type of student who puts in minimal effort and still reaps decent rewards when it comes to academics. if she applied herself more then she could reach rank a, but she has more important things to put her time and energy into (namely her extracurriculars and her social life).
extra ➤ she makes up for what she sees as an attack on self-expression (blomstrande's uniforms) by changing up her makeup everyday. one day she'll wear vampy colors and bold eyeliner, the next day pastel pink, then the next day bright red lipstick. she's basically makeup goals.

your words hold power

personality

➤ i enjoy meeting new people. YES
➤ i like helping people. MAYBE SO
➤ i consider school important. MAYBE SO
➤ i sometimes make mistakes. NO
➤ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. YES
➤ i am easily disappointed. YES
➤ i enjoy repairing things. NO
➤ i try out new activities. YES
➤ i consider other people’s feelings. NO
➤ i like to understand the underlying theory. YES
➤ i consider myself an overachiever. MAYBE SO
➤ i am modest about what I have achieved. HEX NO
➤ i conceal my feelings. YES
➤ i am considered likeable. MAYBE SO
➤ i am nervous before big events. NO
➤ i review work critically. YES
➤ i usually feel relaxed. YES

extra ➤ lien is clearly confident in her own skin and frequently toes the line between self-assurance and arrogance. her outspoken personality may stem from competing with her four siblings for attention when she was younger (though it still happens a bit nowadays too). she’s not afraid to tell you what she thinks, but that doesn’t mean she always will. her bluntness gives her a veneer of honesty that doesn’t go deeper than the surface. she’s a compulsive liar, consistently deceiving others into believing that she comes from a wealthy family of high status who has connections of all kinds (but more on that later). she also has a reputation as a gossipmonger, leaving her in a gray area with many of the students at blomstrande. on the one hand, she can’t keep her mouth shut, but on the other, who can resist hearing about the latest juicy rumor? naturally, lien is still quite popular as she's very involved around school and is noticeably all-rounded. she gets good grades, is athletic and well-coordinated, and tends to be excellent at socializing. she's extroverted and thrives off of the spotlight. her very sassy and sometimes snarky humor can be off-putting to some and charming to others. lien has an adventurous streak and likes to try new things. it's not that she's unafraid of failure; rather, she's sure of her own ability to succeed.

tumblr_inline_o8oyhvu6Fr1rdfr2u_250.gif

tumblr_inline_o8oyi4VCUI1rdfr2u_250.gif
tumblr_inline_o8oygtpVAv1rdfr2u_250.gif

tumblr_inline_o8ozm1YuJk1rdfr2u_250.gif

you're made of white lies

biography

siblingsbrother, elian colmenares (21) - good - elian is their parents’ only biological child, but he’s never held himself on a pedestal above them because of it. to put it bluntly, “elly” is the reason that the colmenares could only send one of their children to a nice magical academy - that prestigious university in barcelona is costing the family a lot of money. still, lien can’t bring herself to hold it against him because of how hard he’s working to pay his parents back. she doesn’t get the opportunity to see him much anymore and misses him a great deal.
sister, alora morulaganyi-colmenares (20) - bad - alora, like lien, was adopted when she was already beyond the age that was considered most appealing for prospective parents. despite the two sisters having this in common, they never became as close as their parents hoped they would. alora was a powerful witch, and she wanted to go to a really good magical academy in the future. lien did too. they competed for years, and lien ultimately won because their parents thought that her superior social skills were better suited to helping her succeed despite alora’s natural magical talent. alora has made her resentment clear ever since and, well, lien was never good at being the bigger person.
sister, mei colmenares (14) - good - if lien had to pick a favorite sibling… mei’s a strong contender. they share a similar sense of humor and get along well since mei is very mature for her age. of all her siblings, lien keeps in touch with mei the most. hardly a day passes without one texting the other.
brother, ezra colmenares (9) - good - lien and ezra’s relationship has a different dynamic than his relationships with the rest of the family; while the others tend to baby him, lien’s always been the one who’s more irresponsible happy-go-lucky with him. she was his favorite playmate before she left for blomstrande, and he misses her a lot.

parentsfather, angel colmenares (46) - good - lien’s father was distant for the first few years after her adoption, having been recently promoted at the society and spending most of his time away from home. despite the financial impact that his dismissal from the society had on their family, lien is secretly, guiltily grateful for it because it allowed her father to spend more time with her. he’s one of her favorite people in the world, someone she trusts with everything.
mother, havana colmenares (46) - good - lien’s mother always supported her wish to attend blomstrande, but after the event that left the colmenares in the dust, her ambitions for her daughter only grew. she pushed for lien to be the one to go to blomstrande, a move that was perhaps unfairly biased – her husband was the one who got along with their standoffish daughter alora, not her. she’s the only member of the family who knows about the lies lien tells at school, but she’s okay with them because she believes they boost lien’s reputation. whatever it takes for their family to become successful once more…

other notablestorekeeper, hoa lam (?) - good - hoa runs the vietnamese bakery a few blocks away from lien’s house. she treats lien like her own daughter and actually does very well for herself. she buys lien many gifts and dotes on her whenever the girl drops by the store, which was almost every day when lien still lived in spain.

financial status ➤ lower class
favorite subject ➤ potions
least favorite subject ➤ history & origins

story ➤ lien spent the first nine years of her life at an orphanage in vietnam before she was adopted by the colmenares couple, who were magical ambassadors visiting the country at the time. her new parents thought that they had more than enough money to send as many of their children as desired to quality magical schools, but that all came crashing down after the uproar of a scandal that got angel colmenares fired from his position. suddenly they were scraping by, and their bank account could only handle so much tuition money. lien’s eldest brother, elian, got accepted into his dream school, a university that was very esteemed and very expensive. and then the news broke that they could only afford to send one child to a reputable magical academy, and the competition was on. lien and her sister alora fought viciously to convince their parents that they were the better fit to be the chosen witch. alora’s grades tended to fare better than lien’s, but lien was much more involved in extracurriculars, clubs, and in the community in general. this was the deciding factor that got lien to blomstrande (after all, what is the point of a talented witch if she doesn’t have any connections?).

lien was ecstatic to be at blomstrande. she didn’t mind the unfamiliar setting; in fact, she loved the newness of everything. she was eager to impress. her previously harmless habit of telling white lies turned into something uglier and more dangerous as her first year went by. she told stories of the life she’d always desired: she was an orphan, she said (which wasn’t untrue), and she’d been taken in by her extremely wealthy grandparents, who were not particularly powerful people themselves but who knew many important people. the reality is obviously quite different. it was a bad decision on her part to spread the lies, but she has entrenched herself too deeply in a false fantasy to take them back without revealing her dishonesty to everyone at the academy.

previous school life ➤ lien’s place in school before coming to blomstrande was much the same as it is now. she was one of the ‘popular’ girls more because she seemed to know everyone and less because of any preppiness on her part. she participated in everything from the track team to the fashion club to student council.

but of course, knowing everyone meant knowing things about a lot of people, and lien couldn’t resist telling a good story to a willing audience – even if it happened to be someone else’s secret. her reputation as a source of gossip in primary and secondary school in spain only made her more influential, but the greater level of maturity at her upper secondary school (blomstrande) has cast this particular trait into a gray area as people view rumors to be more negative than exciting.

motives ➤ the idea that has been fixed into lien’s head by her mother is that it is up to lien to regain their family’s former esteem in the magical community. her brother, though he attends an illustrious school, will likely remain estranged in the nonmagical world for the rest of his life. if lien can succeed at blomstrande and move forward with the great potential for a promising career in politics, then the family can be truly restored… or that’s how her mother’s plan goes. lien is content to follow that plan for now, but she has so many interests outside of politics that she doesn’t know what it is that she really wants to do with her life.

Last edited:
m

m
eugene kosta

full name ‣ eugene atticus kosta

nickname(s) ‣ prefers gene, but has no qualms about eugene.

face claim ‣ kalama epstein

race/ethnicity ‣ greek, caucasian

age & year ‣ 16 [1st year]

birth date ‣ june 14th [gemini]

gender ‣ male

sexuality ‣ homosexual, homoromantic

ancestry type ‣ half-blooded

height ‣ 5'6

weight ‣ 128 lb.

hair ‣ very dark brown, usually styled with a quiff. he keeps it short and easy to maintain, and makes sure to take very good care of it. he has recently started thinking about dyeing it though...

eyes ‣ brown

grade average ‣ rank b [80-89]. if he tried harder he could be rank a, but he slacks off too much for his well-being. his test and quiz grades are in the 90-100 range, but he only completes homework assignments if he's bored, thinks the class is interesting, or finds it worthwhile because he's particularly struggling at grasping the concept.

extra ‣ he always likes to look put-together and presentable, meaning he has multiple hats on hand for bad hair days and sometimes uses concealer for when he breaks out.

mbti ‣ entj

survey
• i enjoy meeting new people. [yes]
• i like helping people. [yes]
• i consider school important. [maybe so]
• i sometimes makes mistakes. [maybe so]
• i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. [yes]
• i am easily disappointed. [yes]
• i enjoy repairing things. [no]
• i try out new activities. [yes]
• i consider other people's feelings. [maybe so]
• i like to understand the underlying theory. [yes]
• i consider myself an overachiever. [no]
• i am modest about what i've achieved. [no]
• i conceal my feelings. [maybe so]
• i am considered likeable. [yes]
• i am nervous before big events. [maybe so]
• i review work critically. [no]
• i usually feel relaxed. [yes]

vices
brash ‣ gene has a larger-than-life personality, which includes taking charge of and sometimes hogging the conversation, and inserting himself where he's not wanted. he's talkative, and his mind works so fast that his mouth barely thinks what its putting out before he's finished and come to the realization that he's said something he shouldn't have.

insensitive ‣ unintentionally, gene doesn't pick up on the feelings of people around him unless it's vocalized or obvious. sometimes, he does recognize it, but minimizes its importance in favor of whatever he's doing. if he notices someone is upset, he acts as if he'd never noticed, or if someone is rendered uncomfortable by something he's talking about, he simply brushes it off and continues.

superficial ‣ "an eye for looks", he calls it, downplaying his blaring obsession for appearances. he always minds his own, and will be caught more than once asking you how he looks in the morning. he has an aversion to anyone who doesn't look their best, and will call out everything he finds fault in with your outfit if you ask. he lacks a censor.

virtues
charismatic ‣ gene makes friends easily, and has great conversational and social skills. he can liven up a gloom, or attempt to, at least. he takes initiative and always seeks to engage people around him. he looks for any opportunity he can to join a club, pick up a new hobby, or just go out.

loyal ‣ gene, though he might not express this much, cherishes his relationships with others. whether its a friend or a boyfriend, he always makes a genuine effort to keep the bond intact, especially if he's at fault for anything that would stress their relationship. through all his flaws, he knows he's not very much a person without his friends.

ambitious ‣ while he doesn't put forth the best effort in school, gene does have high hopes and pools his resources outside of school to achieve it. he wants to be more than just what society wants for him, he wants to be in the news, have people idolize him, which may be a bit conceited, but it makes him driven.

sibling(s) ‣ angela [sister, 22, great relationship. gene idolized her throughout his childhood because she's basically a golden child: good grades, pretty, sociable. she didn't have magic, but is pursuing a career in medicine currently]

parents ‣ nicole [mother, 47, rocky relationship. they've disputed in the past over some very sensitive topics and was very strict, leading to gene distancing himself from her.]; samuel [father, 44, good relationship. they got along well, sam not particularly liking his wife's more oppressive way of parenting. whenever he wanted permission for something, he usually went to his father.]

other notable family members ‣ sofia [aunt, 36, good relationship. sofia is gene's mom's sister who attended the blomstrande school of magic, and currently works as a professional witch in stockholm. they talk sometimes, and was one of the reasons he didn't dispute his enrollment in the school.]

financial status ‣ rich [his father is a politician and had wizard/witch parents]

favorite subject ‣ broomstick flying

least favorite subject ‣ plant identification

story ‣ gene wasn't always the most studious, or the most interested in academics as a whole, but it was obvious that his parents were aiming for him to attend blomstrande from an early age, especially his father. his sister, being a "dud" as his father called her, went to study in america at an ivy league college, so it left the responsibility to him. the pressure was almost suffocating, his parents not allowing his grades to fall below a b and heavily restricting his time outside of the house; it wasn't a healthy environment, abusive almost.

he was excited about being a wizard, but the extraneous stuff with studying and doing work seemed daunting to him, almost enough for him to denounce it altogether. when met with a large workload, gene would ignore it, and he knew the habit would carry on to blomstrande. his father kept telling him about how exciting magic was and how being a wizard would open up many doors to life, but he'd learned to numb himself to the lectures and focus on what he wanted. even when it came time for enrollment, he made no qualms about it, and went along with what his parents willed for him.

previous school life ‣ being the son of a politician, and attending the best private school in the country, there was much to be expected of gene. as with most children in this situation, it crushed him, and only urged the opposite of everyone's expectations to happen. he was a slacker, quite simply; he brushed off homework assignments as if they didn't impact his grade at all and was frequently caught taking naps at the back of the classroom during particularly boring lectures.

word got to his parents about his misbehavior and the rules and restrictions put upon him only got tighter and heavier, shackled to do what was expected of him. however, he didn't break down or lash out, he simply sighed and went with it. he was a leaf in a turbulent wind, and he'd lost his will to do what he'd loved. he'd lost his friends due to being kept at home to study for tests that were weeks away, and was left to talk to his sister on the phone or watch T.V. in his rare downtime. life was pretty much terrible in greece.

motives ‣ in the long-term, gene has relatively simple goals: be happy and live life free of restraint. how to achieve that? write a bestselling book, win the lottery, and stop the world from ending have all crossed his mind but they seemed unlikely, so it's around the time now for him to figure out what to actually do, especially with his parents breathing down his neck and all.

OdW9QKU.jpg
KhYOEMc.jpg

NAME--
basics
↳ full name: Oh Ha Jin / Zavier James Oh
↳ face claim: Kim In Seong
↳ race/ethn.: Korean / British
↳ age & year: 18 / Third year
↳ birth date: Third of March
↳ gender: Male
↳ sexuality: Heterosexual
↳ ancestry type: Half magical ancestry on his father's side
↳ height: 5'8
↳ weight: 154 lb
↳ hair: Short, layered, dyed black hair cut to show his ears and cover his forehead. His hair naturally sweeps to the left. Most of the time he styles it to his preferred look, but if he sleeps too late he'll just let it go which makes it look like standard bed-head; strands of hair sticking out randomly and bangs askew.
↳ eyes: Such a dark brown that it might as well be black.
↳ grade average: Rank B [80-89]
↳ extra: Almost always carries a scarf with him. He has a favorite one, red and white stripped, but he owns nearly twenty of them. Also likes to wear his glasses despite owning contacts and being comfortable in them. He has three pairs of glasses to interchange depending on his mood.

personality
↳ i enjoy meeting new people. Yes
↳ i like helping people. Maybe so
↳ i consider school important. Hex no
↳ i sometimes make mistakes. No
↳ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. Yes
↳ i am easily disappointed. No
↳ i enjoy repairing things. No
↳ i try out new activities. Yes
↳ i consider other people’s feelings. Maybe so
↳ i like to understand the underlying theory. Yes
↳ i consider myself an overachiever. Hex no
↳ i am modest about what I have achieved. No
↳ i conceal my feelings. No
↳ i am considered likeable. Maybe so
↳ i am nervous before big events. No
↳ i review work critically. No
↳ i usually feel relaxed. Yes

biography
↳ siblings? He has a single twenty-four year old sister named Caiti Heart Oh. They are on good terms and are extremely alike.
↳ parents? Mother: Lily Anderson-Oh, Forty-four; Good terms / Father: Oh Jae In, Fifty-one; Good terms
↳ other notable? Paternal Aunt: Oh Sang Jung, Forty-seven; Good terms. Zavier bases a ton of his decisions and personality off of his aunt. The two are very close.
↳ financial status. Upper Middle Class
↳ favorite subject. Rune Studies or Familiar Training
↳ what’s your story? what/who brought you to this academy? It was Zavier's aunt that pushed for Blomstrande. She'd gone there in her youth and despite his father insisting on other schools, the young man chose to go with his aunt. He was entranced as soon as he saw the school. Well one part in particular. The girls. It was like a factory for attractive people. It was much better than the stuffy school in Asia. He spent the majority of his first year blowing off classes to meet with girls or his friends. Normally the former. And to be honest his second year wasn't much better, though his grades increased. He had started to pay closer attention and actually attempt to sit through classes. Turns out that being smart was something that was sought after.

Going into his third year, Zavier is looking to buckle down a bit more. Maybe push into grade A and secure a decent looking resume. He's still not entirely sure what he wants to do once he graduates, though his father assures him there are plenty of opportunities out there for promising young wizards. He's hoping to get a job with his Aunt as a wedding planner, but she has told him that if he doesn't keep his grades up she won't hire him.

↳ describe your previous school life in a few paragraphs. Zavier was always that kid that everyone disliked. Not because he was rude, but because he almost never studied or tried in class, but still managed grades higher than most classmates. His teachers loved him because he was eloquent and a bit of a kiss-ass. This let him get away with cutting class from time to time, a habit he'd carry with him for a long time. He had his small circle of friends. They'd always be playing or watching Soccer matches, always supporting their local team; Tottenham Hotspurs.

When he wasn't with the boys, he was with one of the girls that became infatuated with him. He would unintentionally woo them with natural charm and charisma. Thought he had a tendency to get bored of them rather easily leading to rumors and subsequently most girls at his school disliking or outright hating him. It never stopped him from trying though.

↳ what are your motives? The short, easy answer is girls. It's his own personal challenge to try and woo as many girls as possible while he's still young and without a ton of worries. He just wants to have fun while he's in school. The longer answer is that he really does want to do well in school and get a job with his Aunt. He loves the idea of planning weddings or large parties and being able to put his own spin on things. He always offer to help with events at school to try and exercise his planning muscles.

code by taesthetic

Last edited:
WIP

23a097aa3d3fcc1ff13a58e6c46025f5.png

ok-but-first-coffee-tshirt-tumblr-tee-tshirt-t-shirts-men-s-t-shirt.jpg
tumblr_oad6ukHzMD1v6teevo2_r1_100.gif
100.gif
Amandla20Stenberg2016-53-1494372223.png
name: luca cara rose age: 17 sexuality: homosexual birth date: august 23rd 2000 [virgo] gender: cis-female year: 2nd year ancestry type: no magical blood [orphan, known as a weird child]

I saw a light by

face claim: amandla stenberg
race/ethn: black american
eyes: light hazel, with green flecks
height: 5'8
weight: 156 lbs.
hair: black, medium length, curly hair
eyes: light hazel
grade average: rank a [it's the only way she got to be someone. Studying so hard that her mind was filled with info. No one could ever take away her mind and knowledge. She is proud of her mind and how hard she did to keep it]
extra: wrist + thigh + right shoulder
tumblr_otpswnuj3C1ui252bo3_250.png

the side of the

tumblr_n8el0672xG1rti241o1_250.jpg
b3b4515aeb340b2a1a79f4aed6345636.jpg
I enjoy meeting new people. hex no
I like helping people. maybe so
I consider school important. yes
I sometimes make mistakes. maybe so
I am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. yes
I am easily disappointed. hex no
I enjoy repairing things. yes
I try out new activities. maybe so
I consider other people’s feelings. yes
I like to understand the underlying theory. maybe so
I consider myself an overachiever. yes
I am modest about what I have achieved. maybe so
I conceal my feelings. yes
I am considered likeable. no
I am nervous before big events. maybe so
I review work critically. yes
I usually feel relaxed. maybe so
any other extra: studious and aloof

Amandla-stenberg.jpg

ocean and I like to

favorite & least favorite subject. fav: broomstick flying least fav: etiquette
siblings? none that she knows of, but she has one foster sibling. eric maverick, 21, and they are very close
parents? orphan, left behind by her parents but she has foster parents frank maverick, and willow maverick. 39 and 41, and not so close.
other notable nope, she's all alone.
financial status. middle class [her foster home is stable enough, and they were her only family for years.]​
tumblr_otpswnuj3C1ui252bo2_250.png

sit by and read

tumblr_n06yk3ikzd1so0h12o1_250.jpg

what’s your story? what/who brought you to this academy? (2+ paragraphs)
describe your previous school life in a few paragraphs (minimum 1, pref. 2+). were you a rebel, were you the teacher’s pet, or something else entirely? was your previous school experience good or bad? elaborate.
what are your motives? in other words, what do you live for/what are your goals?​

998f73996c4645662bff14f38dbbc5d1--poems-about-the-moon-quotes-about-the-sky.jpg

tumblr_natqw1wbJT1sek7x9o2_400.jpg
MORRIGAN AMASHI OKENYI

BASIC
↳ full name: Morrigan Amashi Samuel Okenyi
↳face claim: Adonis Bosso
↳race/ethnicity: Ivorian/English
↳age & year: 18/2nd year
↳birth date: July 21, 1999
↳gender: Male
↳sexuality: Heterosexual
↳ancestry type: Full
↳height: 6'3'' (190.5 cm)
↳weight: 178 lbs (80.73 kg)
↳hair: His hair is naturally black but he gets it dyed brown often. At the moment, he has it cut short on the sides and a little longer on the top. He will grow out his hair in order to get dreads at some point. The texture of his hair is extremely curly and thick (it is torture to brush through it).
↳eyes: Dark Brown
↳grade average: Rank C (79-70). He is easily capable of reaching rank B, even rank A, but he's extremely lazy and doesn't apply himself most of the time. School has never been too important to him before arriving at Blomstrande so his bad habits haven't really been curved yet.
↳extra: Has a septum ring and a couple of tattoos, most of them on his forearms and back. He also tends to smoke when he's stressed out, which is most of the time.
PERSONALITY
↳ i enjoy meeting new people. (yes, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳i like helping people: no
↳i consider school important: maybe so
↳i sometimes make mistakes: yes
↳i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken: yes
↳i am easily disappointed: maybe so
↳i enjoy repairing things: yes
↳i try out new activities: hex no
↳i consider other people’s feelings: no
↳i like to understand the underlying theory: maybe so
↳i consider myself an overachiever: hex no
↳i am modest about what I have achieved: no
↳i conceal my feelings: yes
↳i am considered likeable: no
↳i am nervous before big events:
maybe so
↳i review work critically: no
↳i usually feel relaxed: no

*any other extra:
Morrigan doesn't speak much. But when he does, it usually when he's blowing up at someone or saying a sarcastic comment. He's reclusive and isolates himself from others, due to him often being ignored back home. He grew up bullied as a child, causing him to develop a thick skin and a stand-offish personality. He also tends to keep his emotions to himself, which often leads him into a state of depression that takes him a while to get out of. He doesn't trust easily and has a hard time making friends.
[/scroll]
BIOGRAPHY

↳ siblings:
Moussa Dembele Okenyi (Brother), 14: Good | The two of them are very fond of each other and have an unbreakable bond. Always had each others backs when they were living together, often against their father.
Michèle Estelle Okenyi (Sister), 10: Good | Morrigan is very protective over her, as she is the youngest. being the smartest out of the three, he always had high hopes for her to suceed even if he and his brother wouldn't. Because of this, he always did whatever he could to help her, whether it be buying her books, school uniforms, or taking her to school.

↳parents:
Mohammad Emmanuel Okenyi (Father), 46: Shaky | Morrigan's father is extremely strict and stern, especially when it comes to education and learning magic. That is the main reason why Morrigan doesn't take school seriously; he does it as a way to get back at his father for pushing him so hard when he was younger. His father is often known to get violent when his children disobey him. Morrigan even has a scar on his back from when he got a beer bottle thrown at him.
Simone Ivori Okenyi (Mother) [nee Aurier], 42:

↳ other notable [e.g. aunt; grandfather]:
Morgan Serge Okenyi (Grandather), 65:
Great | Morrigan and his grandfather are incredibly close, the eighteen year old often calling the man his best friend. He would often go the older man when he got into an arguement with his father. He even used to learn magic from his grandfather, who was once a very powerful magic user.

↳ financial status:
Middle Class
↳ favorite & least favorite subject: Fav - Broomstick Flying/Spells Least Fav - Plant Identifcation/History & Origins

↳ what’s your story? what/who brought you to this academy?
:
Morrigan originally did not want to attend Blomstrande. Considering school wasn't really his thing, he had no business going to a school that would only challenge him even more. Though, his grandfather was the one to finally convince him to go. Morrigan's father often tried to discourage him from learning about magic, as the man detested it a great deal. However, Morrigan's grandfather saw potential in the young man and convinced him to submit an application. After learning that the school's colors were red and blue, like his favorite football team Crystal Palace FC, he was practically sold.

His father tried to talk him out of it and make him stay in England to eventually take over the family auto-repair shop. While Morrigan did enjoy working there, he believed his grandfather's words about him having potential. After an emotional talk, his father finally relented and let him go.

The prospect of becoming a wizard had never seemed real to him, even though he knew he had the abilities for it. Now that his father was letting him go to Blomstrande, he felt a newfound sense of pride for himself. Though, that would all change after his first year after he discovered all the classes were extremely difficult. Even Broomsticks, his favorite course, was challenging. He just hopes his second year will be better.

↳ describe your previous school life in a few paragraphs
(minimum 1, pref. 2+):
As stated before, Morrigan wasn't a cut out for school. Growing up in South London, which isn't the greatest of areas, he didn't attend the best of schools. His group of friends weren't the best influences either. They often skipped class to hang around their local projects or getting involved with South London street gangs. Morrigan never really got good grades, often barely passing his classes. It wasn't that he wasn't smart, he just didn't try. None of his friends got good grades and he didn't want to be singled out even more so (considering he was an immigrant from the Ivory Coast) for being different.

When his father would find out he wasn't going to school and practically failing his classes, they would get into heated discussions that sometimes ended in fights. His mother often chastised him for not taking his education seriously, as she and his father brought them to England to have a better life. But his view on school almost never changed, that is, until he learned about Blomstrande.

↳ what are your motives?
in other words, what do you live for/what are your goals?:
He wants to eventually become an engineer and open up his own business, perhaps an auto-shop like his father's. His short term goal is to rank in at least the B percentile, as he currently in the C group. Also, he'd like to get over his manic depression but that doesn't seem very likely to happen any time soon.

Character Completion

Last edited:
wip sunkissed boi (pls help buttons kill me)
I
6c21c18ad6704639287fee385f6bb7d7.png
I

-

Adonis Metharom - Feburary 14th 1999 (18) - Homosexual - Male - 3rd year - Full Blood
APPEARANCE
PERSONALITY
BIOGRAPHY
EXTRAS

M
2db4e3bcb8f6192729663aee9b6c52c6.png
M

Last edited:

• 0NoeL59.png

cd4o7Eb.png
cd4o7Eb.png
cd4o7Eb.png
cd4o7Eb.png
cd4o7Eb.png

*using the simple in-character code that i'll be sharing with those joining the rp.
note: this is a side character.

tumblr_owsxqpRd9Q1u6igk1o1_250.png

CELINE
basics
full name: celine johansen
face claim: skyler samuels
ethnicity: norwegian
age & year: 16 (first year)
birth date: 08/17/2001
sexuality: bisexual
ancestry type: full magical ancestry
height: 5’6” (168 cm)
weight: 117 lbs (53 kg)
hair: long (chest-length), straight strawberry blonde hair (parted to the left). she often changes up her hairstyle (whether that be by curling it or tying it up).
eyes: blue
grade average: rank a [90-100]

personality
↳ i enjoy meeting new people. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i like helping people. (yes, no, HEX NO, maybe so)
↳ i consider school important. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i sometimes make mistakes. (yes, no, HEX NO, maybe so)
↳ i am prepared to tell people if they are mistaken. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am easily disappointed. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i enjoy repairing things. (yes, no, HEX NO, maybe so)
↳ i try out new activities. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i consider other people’s feelings. (yes, no, HEX NO, maybe so)
↳ i like to understand the underlying theory. (yes, no, hex no, MAYBE SO)
↳ i consider myself an overachiever. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am modest about what I have achieved. (yes, no, HEX NO, maybe so)
↳ i conceal my feelings. (yes, no, hex no, MAYBE SO)
↳ i am considered likeable. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i am nervous before big events. (yes, no, hex no, MAYBE SO)
↳ i review work critically. (YES, no, hex no, maybe so)
↳ i usually feel relaxed. (yes, NO, hex no, maybe so)

*any other extra: celine is one wicked witch. though she isn’t the total definition of evil and darkness, she’s pretty ruthless and spiteful. a lot of people find that they are hated on by her for “no apparent reason”, but celine can justify every ounce of her hatred. she views the world as imperfect and herself as perfect. this unhealthy mindset makes her quick to anger when things do not go her way. her greatest dilemma is that she cannot accept rejection, yet is constantly faced with it.

though she is quite the imperfect snob, celine still has some good points. as a perfectionist, she does everything with passion. she has clear goals for herself and has an amazing ability to keep things (and people) in order. this prickly witch simply needs recognition, and a lot of hugs.

biography
siblings? brother: fredrik johansen, 23. (neutral terms) | the age gap makes it hard for her to find any common ground with him, but he’s pretty nice to her. however, celine can be spontaneously mean to him, as she thinks her parents love and appreciate him more.

sister: ingrid johansen, 20. (bad terms) | if celine obsesses over her family’s reputation, then ingrid exists only to ruin it. celine despises her alcohol-loving, party-frequenting older sister more than anything. she believes that ingrid is a shame to their family, and constantly takes out her anger on her older sister. she also blames ingrid for being the reason her parents don’t pay attention to her: they’re too busy fretting over ingrid to appreciate their youngest one’s achievements.

parents? father: frank johansen, 50. (neutral terms) & mother: heidi olsen, 46. (neutral terms) | unfortunately, celine and her parents are quite distant. her parents rarely acknowledge her efforts, despite the girl’s many efforts to shine.

financial status. upper class.

favorite subject. potions

least favorite subject. plant identification

what’s their story? discovering blomstrande was the downturn of celine’s perfect life. the johansens had been living just fine, with their children applying to the finest schools and universities in norway. ingrid wasn’t able to get into any good magical university, but that wasn’t a shocker. the entire family was astonished, however, when a letter of rejection from scandinavia’s best school, beatonsworth, came in the mail. it took many, many days of crying for celine to finally pick herself up off the ground. over the summer, she applied to as many magical schools in the nordic islands as possible. finally, celine was accepted into blomstrande academy. since the school was located in sweden, she had to pack up and move to an apartment near the academy. leaving her family was just another gallon of salt to her wounds. celine was certain her parents would forget about her…

she abhorred the downgrade of a school that was blomstrande. she loathed the unfamiliar area and new faces. but if this year was going to be hell for her, then she’d make it burn for everyone else, too.

describe their previous school life in a few paragraphs. celine was always a top student, no matter which school she was in. of course, she’d only attended the best norwegian schools, and surrounded herself with the cream of the crop. though pretentious, celine always had a clique by her side. these were usually pure-blooded, upper-class norwegian witches who shared her views. most, however, were more afraid of her rather than genuinely liking her. and somehow the talented celine was always a magnet for attention (good or bad), so it wasn’t a surprise that she’d felt like a v.i.p her whole life. her teachers (mostly) loved her because of her straight a’s, girls admired the way she carried herself, and boys… well, celine didn’t understand the brutes anyways, so she never bothered to care.

what are their motives? celine strives to transfer to beatonsworth mid-year, so she’s busy trying to shape her grades and extracurriculars according to that school’s standards. she wants to be accepted into her dream university of course, and hopes that she’ll be able to work at the finest magical laboratories (to professionally concoct and research potions) someday. most of all, the witch yearns to be on the receiving end of her parents’ attention once and for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back