• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ☾ — blomstrande school of magic. [closed]

peachnim

fabulous *:・゚✧

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the Blomstrande School of Magic, home to every aspiring witch and wizard in Stockholm, Sweden. This international, upper secondary school welcomes those who have magical abilities, no matter their heritage or previous experience. Our esteemed headmistress, Eira Blomstrande, has had nearly thirty years of experience in helping foster the dreams and talents of young witches and wizards. As she most famously stated, “Mages should be guided, not taught.” To this day, this remains the policy of this academy of magics: nurturing growth rather than conformity.

We are also proud to say that our school has grown to include over thirty facilities, from dorms and study lounges to classrooms on three separate floors. The school is located on an extensive, beautiful country acre, and is constructed with elaborate and exquisite designs. In many of our courses, such as potions and plant identification, the learning is not only comprehensive, but interactive. We see to it that the young mages get a chance to discover and create, always.

COURSEWORK
As for the coursework, our students follow a timetable of eight classes [one lunch break in the middle of the day], four of which will alternate every other day. To illustrate, a child may take potions for first period on Monday, then spells on Tuesday, and potions on Wednesday once more. This alternating schedule is designed as such to allow students to have more time to breathe and complete their weekly assignments.

*Classes for the 2017-18 fall/winter term will begin on 09-24-2017. Class schedules will be available by the first week of school.

LUNCH & UNIFORM
Regarding lunches, the academy’s “bistro & bakery” not only features an indoor cafe (x), but includes snack vendors and quaint seating, as well. We understand that our older students need to juggle workloads, extracurriculars, and due dates, so our menu provides a variety of healthy options to stimulate the brain.

Concerning uniform policy, this school of magic is more lax on its policy in coherence with Swedish values. The academy does have a uniform: a blazer, cardigan, or vest, paired with a white button-down, skirt/trousers, socks, oxfords, and a tie/bow (see here for women’s uniform & here for men’s; pointed hats & robes worn for special occasions only). However, uniforms can be tailored and paired with different items according to your tastes. Colors depend on the grade level; first years [16-17] wear emerald and gold, second years [17-18] sport [color=
#4f638f]royal blue[/color] and gold, and third years [18-19] don [color=
#aa2b32]maroon[/color] and gold.

ADMISSION PROCESS
To attend this secondary school, the prospective student will fill out an application and compete for entrance based upon his/her primary school grades. Acceptance rates are fairly high, as the academy does not discriminate between those of full-magical heritage and new witches/wizards.

*Only five students (two female, three male) will be accepted this term. The terms are as follows: fall/winter [sept-jan], and summer/spring [feb-june]. With each term, classes will change and new students will join. Any students who leave the academy will be replaced by a transfer student (meaning, applications will be re-opened).

NOTES
  • Not first come-first serve.
  • Starts on the 25th (Monday). I'm going by CST, so applications will be due at 12:00 AM on Sunday (09/24/2017).
  • Loosely based on the Netflix adaptation of "The Worst Witch". Meaning, the setup and tone of the role play will follow the show (lighthearted and comedic). However, this school will be a high school and plot/characters will not follow the series.
  • This RP is set up so that each character will have their time to shine. We’ll have six different stories going on at once, but with each “chapter/episode”, a different character will be focused upon.
  • Plot will be discussed on discord. (I will send out the link when I've chosen the applicants.)
  • I expect 2+ paragraphs for replies (it doesn't have to be too detailed, but put in effort), and consistency. Please don't join if you think you will be too busy to reply at least once a week!
  • I will let people double up if I see that the person is consistent in replying or will bring variety to the role play. (Bring on those flawed characters!)
LINKS
Will be added shortly.
FALL/WINTER INFORMATION
APPLICATIONS (CS)
CLASSROOMS (IC)
STUDENT LOUNGE (OOC)​

Last edited:
oh gosh i've had such a magic school hankering for such a long time huehue i'm interested! ^^ also your coding is pretty~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back