• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ☽ - - ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ ☾

Parallax

That man is playing Gallaga
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
❝ the sleep promise ❞
introduction.

Hey squaddies. Ya girl Parallax here, looking to start up another gritty, inquisitive, emotional, and beguiling roleplay! Or at the very least, one that's kinda fun (; I've been building this roleplay concept for a month or so, shifting back and forth on which elements I'd like to conclude. What I've decided? I'm a completely indecisive mess. So! I'm turning it over to the people who will help me make it happen, and see what you'd like to have this roleplay become! A gritty roleplay turned horror, or an emotional roleplay turned even more emotional? You'll understand what I mean as you continue reading c:

To be clear: This roleplay will consist of fairly dark themes, as it is built upon the trauma the characters have undergone. I like to see broken characters come together and build their way up from low points in their life to something memorable and beautiful.

premise.

Six adults from different parts of the country all share a common struggle; insomnia. Sleep never comes easy for them. And despite applying every tried-and-true remedy, the dark beneath their eyes persist. Though they might not share the same reasons for their night struggles, but they do have one thing in common. They want the exhaustion to end. Each of these six youths receive an offer to pack up and temporarily move their lives to a discreet cabin in Canada, just by the gorgeous 'Six Blossom Basin'. The goal is to take them from the strenuous timetable of their old lives and attempt to isolate the source of their insomnia in a fresh, unbiased environment. They'll be evaluated daily by a psychologist living in a cabin close by, also undergoing nightly sleep studies to monitor them.

We'll each take on a role. The characters each have PTSD from differing life events, contributing to their sleepless nights. I'm thinking that a common factor will be irritability, defensiveness, and mistrusting behavior. That obviously adds up to some juicy in-character drama possibilities, as well as the chance for intense bonds and character revelations.

I've gone back and forth on the possibility of this turning into a 'sleep study gone wrong' sort of thing, where the psychologists have malicious intentions and actually cause things to happen [scary or not] to study their behavior and social responses. That's not a necessary addition, but I'll likely be adding a poll to see what you guys prefer. Horror, or just drama. Whatever direction we go, I have plenty of plans for each!

rules.

RULE.This roleplay will be mostly literate, and I expect to see unique, reasonably flawed characters that have been fleshed out. No perfect, 'my worst quality is I care too much' mary/gary sue people. That's just a pain, and a bore. Please be able to write a few paragraphs, at least once a week.

RULE.You will need a Discord in order to join. I love Discord for getting to know the users, plotting, and general shenanigan tomfoolery.

RULE.Realistic face-claims only, no exceptions. Face-claims are necessary. One character each.

RULE.It will be an application based roleplay. I'm very passionate about this concept and want to be sure the characters fit what I think would make the roleplay most successful. You're in charge of inventing the story behind your character's role.

roles.

SURVIVOR'S GUILT.Ever since they went through a life-changing event resulting in the passing of others while they lived on, this muse has struggled to sleep soundly.

FAMILY TIES.Their family seemed like a suburbia success, but on the inside, things are rougher than they seem.

MY FAULT.Ever since they could remember, they felt different from everyone else. Crazy. Separated. Alien. Their torment is their own mind.

AMNESIA.There's a part of their life that was snatched from their head. They don't know what happened, but every time they try to recover it, they panic. The nightmares don't help, either.

CRIMINAL.They used to do bad things. Very bad things. But even after turning their life around, it plagues them to remember what their actions once were.

GRIEF BEYOND.They lost someone close to them. The closest person in their life, in fact. Their child. Now, life is forever changed, and so is their outlook on everything.

— falling up

I would love to apply for the Family Ties role.
Do you have a character sheet?
where do I submit once it’s finished?

I would love to apply for the Family Ties role.
Do you have a character sheet?
where do I submit once it’s finished?
If this concept generates enough interest, I'll create the character thread where I'll explain what needs to be included in applications (:

I'm totally interested!! I'd love to take the amnesia role! Although I'm happy to fill for any of the other roles if we need it! :D

hey queen,, girl u have done it again, constantly raising the bar for us all

glad u got this up! u alr kno i love this concept bby,, but akdjkj super swamped rn n should not b lookin at interest checks

I am definitely interested! All the roles look super good and the concept is highly intriguing, considered me signed on the dotted line.

It's awesome to see that this was able to generate interest! I'll begin working on the character sheet/application thread today and post it here! (:

Keira Winston Keira Winston girl, you know I always appreciate your love and support 💕 You know I'll keep you updated on how this goes (;

super interested! i'd love to be tagged when you get a character sheet up.

ooo this is such an interesting concept, esp if it goes down the spooky shenanigans route.

colour me intrigued might throw my hat in the ring!

alright just posted my app, might re-work the backstory to sound better when I wake up.

too tired to function atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back