• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ☬ Predator ☬ Act I: Trouble Rising

Literally Batman

World's Greatest Detective

☬ Predator ☬
Act I: Trouble Rising

fcf272dfc56f3c64a44e5ba5c9c124ce--thorn-tattoo-tattoo-drawings.jpg
"No...please, no!"

"Don't move, lady."

The woman held her breath as the cloaked man rummaged through her purse. He looked up at her in disdain. "Aren't you supposed to be a rich? Where's the cash?"

"I l-leave it at home....in my p-personal safe."

"Awe, isn't that sweet?" He pointed his dagger at her. "We got plenty of time, why don't we take a field trip to that house of yours! And then we'll crack open your little safe, and then maybe you, me, and Mr. Dagger over here can head over to my dumping place."

"They-they'll find you! You know that, don't you!"

"Who're you talking about!"

"The Predators! They'll get you, you'll pay for all this!"

He snorted. "The wittle wady thinks the Pwedators will show up to fight the big, mean bandit," he said in a mock-baby voice, before returning his normal tone- cold and harsh. "Get real."

"They will! They hunt people like you!"

He angrily ripped off his glove, revealing a tattoo on the back of his hand. It was a skull with thorns and a rose blooming on its side. "You see this?! You see this?! I am a member of the Deathwish, the biggest bandit group in the country! No filthy hybrids can bring us down- hey!" In that moment, the woman had began to run.

The bandit was, however, vastly faster than the woman. A silver flash shot through the air, running through her back. The life drained from her eyes as she fell to the ground, blood pooling in the dirt around her.

The bandit sighed, looking down at his bloody dagger. "Damn it. There goes my safe combo."

1b64f4debec552a10fb4d73b4d46daa4.jpg
Xander Justin Krysos
The morning in the High Mountains was hard to tell. Surrounded by blizzards at almost all times, especially in the winter, the sun rarely managed to penetrate the snowy barrier that surrounded the Citadel. However, upon exiting the Citadel onto the smooth, stone platform outside, Xander could tell that the sun had just peaked out from the mountains.

Xander was robed in his usual dark blue fur coat, with black trim, his rapier at his side. He stood in the center of the circular platform, surrounded by training dummies. He lowered into fighting stance, waiting for a few seconds, before striking. He sunk his rapier into one dummy, before pulling it out and stabbing another. Ice shards sank into a third, and a throwing knife made of ice cut into the fourth. Xander completed this ritual several times. Eventually, he was standing around a bunch of fluff, anchored to the chamber so they wouldn't fly off with the wind.

He turned back to the door and re-entered the Citadel's main room, a large area which was much less harsh than the frigid outdoors. Lights gently glowed down from the large chandelier suspended from the roof. Sofas and such were arranged about, along with a billiards table. There was also a stove, apparently the latest design of cooking, and a freezer box. Xander lazily walked over to the stove, placing a kettle on it and turning it on. Flames wrapped around it as Xander looked through the box of tea leaves. "I'll have enough..." he said to nobody in particular, relaxing in an armchair. He was soaked, though he didn't know whether it was of sweat or snow. He sighed, closing his eyes.

[Open For Interaction]

6fc65c8e2f27abf5f79e2a169b2cc2f1.jpg
Sabrina Paris Guissner
While Xander was out training, Sabrina was in her favorite place: her bedroom. Laying in her canopy bed, surrounded by comfortable pillows, Sabrina slowly awoke. The sleepiness eventually vanished. She sat up, rubbing her eyes. She was wearing a navy blue chemise, and her black hair was down. Giving her arms a stretch, she stepped out of bed.

She entered the bathroom, getting changed into her normal clothes and doing her hair into pigtails. She then exited her room, making sure there wasn't a water bucket right above her door. She had seen that before, and it wasn't pretty.

She walked into the main room to find Xander asleep, covered in what looked like sweat. "I guess he worked himself out," she said with a shrug, moving the kettle off the lit area. "I guess I'll have some tea," she said, sprinkling leaves into the pot, before sitting back.

[Open for Interaction]

Arakaki Koto
Staring out his window at the snow, Koto sighed heavily. Sitting up here on this mountain day by day was so unbelievably boring. Scratching his head as he wondered what he should to today, the man figured that he may as well try to find a sparring partner. That was the only thing interesting to him up here in the Citadel seeing that fighting was his passion. At least, he supposed, the other Predators made good training partners. All of their combat abilities and powers were fun to go up against. Yawning and combing his hair back with his fingers into something half-presentable, Koto pulled his belt tight while making sure his sword was securely in its sheath.

Looking outside again and cursing at the snow, Koto made his way to the common room. It was still fairly early in the day so hopefully people would be awake, he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to last another uneventful morning without having his head explode from boredom. Opening up the door to the main room, Koto's hopeful expression sank in despair. He was presented with the sight of Xander asleep, and Sabrina making tea. It seemed that he was going to be condemned to yet another bland, boring morning. Of course, he could always go out and train with the dummies but that was a whole new level of brain dead and Koto had already practiced on them so many times he was quite tired of it.

His nose had picked up the smell of the tea from the hallway, but now that he was closer it began to smell more appetizing. "Pour me a cup?" He asked Sabrina, waving briefly in a 'good morning' gesture. Deciding that if awoken, Xander may prove to be interesting, Koto walked up to his chair and proded him with the toe of his foot. "Xander," he prompted. "Xander."

Tyra Rosenbard
Having woken up early, Tyra had gone out to practice with the target dummies. Her hair was tied up in a tight ponytail and her whips were cleaned and at her sides. She began with a more simple warm up involving just spinning her whips around and making quick light attacks on the dummies. Gradually she accumulated momentum and her hits became harder and she also began to use her whips to chain herself to the dummies and fling her body around. As her workout went on, she soon eliminated her need for the ground entirely. Instead she kept herself airborne by pulling herself around using her whips as ropes.

Halfway through her practice she had used her ability to dissolve her bones in order to help the flow of her momentum. A few times she practiced using her jets to increase the range of her movement, and after a few minutes had passed she landed back on her feet. Her breathing was heavy, and her body looked to be out of proportion with the majority of her weight positioned in her upper body. She had shed her jacket when she had begun training but now pulled it tightly around herself as she slowly started reforming her bones.

After she had returned herself to her normal form, Tyra began to walk back inside. Her coat was still largely dry, but her hair and skin was soaked from the snow melting on her. Managing to wring out some of the snow from her hair to appear at least somewhat dry, Tyra made her way into the main room. She was shivering a bit from the cold despite her coat, and barged into the room quickly so that she could absorb the heat. "Morning," she greeted, looking around. It didn't seem like many people were up yet, and Xander seemed to have woken up only to fall asleep. Eyes lighting up at the sight of the tea on the stove, Tyra darted over.

Turning the stove back on and warming her hands above the fire, the woman sighed happily. "Warmth," she muttered appreciatively, goosebumps all along her arms.

Blaise Tavish

As the other members of his outfit slowly joined the land of the living, one Blaise Tavish sat, adorned in a sleeveless black robe and lose fitting pants, in a small chair situated in the left corner of the commons room. In his hands, he held a small, hidebound book and a tankard of ale sat on the table beside him.

He had been awake long before the others, rising before the sun came up to enjoy a few hours of sanctuary. The other warriors he shared living space with were anything but quiet and reserved and he knew that, if he wanted peace and quiet, that he would have to take advantage of what seemed to be their only weakness: Slothfulness.

While they may have been mighty warriors, they still succumbed to the warm embrace of sleep whenever they tired of their duties. And Tavish knew that he would only find sanctuary while they slumbered.

But now, with the exception of Xander, they were up and about and Tavish knew that he wouldn't be able to read any longer without interruption. He closed his reading material, set it on the table beside him, and retrieved his flaggon, and took a long gulp, savoring the sweet taste of the hops as the warm liquid cascaded down his throat.

He chuckled a bit to himself as he looked his comrades in arms over. Each of them were so young. Out of all of the warriors in this house, he was, for the time being, the eldest. He wasn't sure how he, a man no older than twenty six years of age, would be put in a position where he would be the oldest out of anyone, let alone a band of the most highly regarded fighting men and women in the whole of Ithia. Fate was strange, strange, indeed.

He grunted slighlty as he stood up from his chair and walked towards his allies.

"Nice of you all to join the living." He said jokingly as he approached them.

Literally Batman Literally Batman Berries Berries

Arthur Faron

Arthur grumbled a few expletives as he struggled to put on a pair of pants. He'd overslept again. Here he was, a member of the Predators, waking up late and utterly failing to put on clothes. Arthur slipped on a random shirt he'd found on the floor and his usual light brown coat. "I really have to stop doing this," he muttered whilst putting on his boots, "People might start thinking letting me on the team was a big mistake." He was obviously the youngest out of the bunch and it showed. His teammates were crisp and precise in their movements and never overslept. Well, at least not as much as he does.

Finally, Arthur walked out of his bedroom and into the common room. He saw his teammates going about their usual business. He saw Sabrina making tea over by the stove. He made a face at the thought of tea. It was all bitter and tasted like leaves for the most part. He opted to pass on the tea. Arthur waved politely at Blaise before plopping down on a chair next to Xander.

Edward Vale

'Maybe we should invest in sturdier dummies.' Edward thought as he looked around the training area, which was small as compared to the commons room, covered in snow, stuffing, and the occasional remains of what used to be a dummy. 'Wooden dummies would not suffice either. Any sort of metal would likely rust out here. Stone ones would make swords prove ineffective. How many of these do we go through in a month? I'd hate to have the job of whoever makes these. But, seriously, we need a better material, but what..? Oh wait.'

'I don't fucking care....that much.'

Edward's day had been uneventful thus far. The only good thing that had happened all day was waking up. He was planning on doing something with the dummies, but now that plan was dashed. 'Oh well. It is what is is.' He was suddenly itching to get out of the snow. 'Such a nice place is undeserving of this climate. A nice plain or forest near a lake would've done just nicely. I bet the only person who likes it here is Xander, for obvious reasons.' He turned to the Citadel's door to the main room and pushed it open. And to no surprise. Everyone was gathered in it. Xander was likely asleep, as he could assume from his slumped, but comfortable looking position. Arthur was relaxing next to Xander in the adjacent chair. Blaise had come out of the dim corner of the room. Arak..Araka~... Ara...someone was trying to wake Xander. Tyra was warming her hands on the stove, wherever we got that from. Sabrina, making tea. All is normal for the most

"We should really invest in better dummies." He said, mostly to himself. They probably wouldn't care too much, or at all for that matter. They've all just had constant resupply of any and everything they needed. Food? Done, new furniture? Done. But such is the luxurious life of one of the famous Predators. Edward walked over to wear Xander slept and Arthur sat, sitting down on one of the sofas. 'Comfortable.'

Xander Justin Krysos
Xander returned back to the land of the living with Koto nudged him with his toe. His eyes slowly opened. "Wuuuh...." He rubbed his eyes. "Sorry, I was training this morning. Tiring." He stood, regaining his balance. He looked at Koto. "Assuming you wanted to fight, huh? I don't see why else you'd wake me up from my....er, beauty sleep." He took off his coat, laying it on a chair. Underneath was an undershirt that was soaked. "I guess we have to go outside, huh? The dojo in here isn't done with construction yet." He stretched before walking outside, into the cold air. At least, for everybody else, thw cold air. For him, it was barely nippy. "Nice day outside, huh?"

Berries Berries

Sabrina Paris Guissner
Sabrina gave Koto a nod, filling up a cup of tea with the kettle and handing it to him. "Be careful with that- it's still hot." She gave him a playful wink. She turned around, seeing all the other Predators flood into the room. She waved at them politely. Her eyes scanning the room, she saw Tyra warming her hands on the stove. "What is it, cold outside?" She raised an eyebrow. "You know, nobody's forcing you to go outside in the freezing cold in the morning, right? You could have just stayed inside. You might want to try "taking a day off-" I find that helps sometimes." She knew of Tyra's overly competitive nature, but it couldn't hurt to try getting her to relax once in a while.

Berries Berries

Kaladin Winterblessed
It was early morning and the animals were slowly waking up. These animals were used to crazy things. Living near the Predators meant they were often hunted in strange ways and had to deal with everything from fires to random lightning strikes. Right now there was lightning flashing through the trees. The animals used to this strange occurrence simply moved out of the path. The skies began to crack with intensity attacked to the lightning on the ground but none was drawn out today. A white flash darted through the trees avoiding each branch with uncanny reflexes. All of a sudden the figure threw his weapon, a massive naginata. A second later, the figure transported to the naginata and cut through the air lightning crackling around the naginata.

Kaladin sighed and released his lightning state. He'd been out here for awhile. It was time for him to head back in. He yawned and ruffled his black heir which stood in stark contrast to his tight white outfit. He had to figure out a clothing that didn't get incinerated by lightning, and this was the product. He trudged toward the citadel with his naginata in hand. Man it was cold. He called up a bit of his lightning having it arc over his skin to provide heat. He reached the main room and entered, an odd figure as lightning was running on his skin sparking. "Morning folks!"

Kaladin was a morning person, and he began to look for something to eat.

Arakaki Koto
Opening his mouth to speak as Xander woke up, Koto grinned as the other man read his mind and started walking outside in preparation for a fight. Glancing over at Tavish as the Bear approached, Koto laughed. "Well, I guarantee that Xander will be back with the dead once I'm finished with him." He said jokingly while cracking his knuckles. "You should join us," he added offhandedly. In Koto's mind, the more sparring partners there were, the more interesting it was - which was all for the better. Smiling at Sabrina as she handed him the tea he had asked for, he took a few quick sips before his mind returned to the duel that was about to happen.

Checking his sword to ensure that it was in working order, Koto looked around the room. "Anybody care to come spar?" He questioned, beginning to walk out behind Xander with his tea still in hand. At that point Edward arrived in the room, saying something about dummies to himself. "There are no better dummies around than Xander," he commented with a wink, "so come get your fill." It seemed that Xander had become his punchline for the day, both metaphorically and literally. It appeared that everybody was getting up at the same time as Kaladin walked into the room and began to rummage around for food.

Koto was about to ask Kaladin to join the sparring competition, but just in case anybody else walked in last minute he addressed the room as a whole instead. "Well, I guess Xander and I will be outside if anybody needs us. Feel free to join, we can have a proper battle royal and actually get some good training in for once."

Arriving outside, Koto nodded. "Cold indeed." He agreed, cracking his neck to the side. "How hard do you want to go? Celestial abilities?" He questioned the other man, and despite his cocky behavior earlier Koto was well aware that he may very well get his ass handed to him.

Tyra Rosenbard
Turning around to look at Sabrina as the other girl addressed her, Tyra nodded. "Very cold," she responded with a displeased face. "Much too cold. I don't know why they decided to build the Citadel up here, but I don't like it." She remarked. Tilting her head to the side as Sabrina spoke about taking days off, Tyra shook her head. "You don't get ahead by taking days off." She stated, pulling her hands away from the stove heat and cracking her back. "Once the dojo is finished it'll be easier." She added, completely oblivious to the fact that Sabrina was trying to help her out.

Looking at Kaladin as he entered the room, Tyra raised her hand to wave a 'good morning' to him. With her other hand she turned off the stove top and pulled her coat back around herself. This talk of sparring practice had caught her attention quickly, and while she had just been outside to train she never turned down a chance to work. It was rare enough that everybody was awake at the same time, and she wasn't going to waste this opportunity to get some good practice in. "I'm in," she called out to Koto as he stepped outside. Elbowing Kaladin playfully as he moved near her in search of food, her eyes narrowed slightly. She hadn't been able to practice with him before, and she desperately wanted to know his fighting style to assure herself that she would be able to fight him.

"After you grab breakfast make sure you come join." Tyra told him, attempting to sound friendly but a threatening tone crept into her voice all the same. She was never quite able to get over her jealousy over the other predators' abilities and it was prone to showing.

Capria
With a soft moan, Capria finally managed to sit up from the table in the main room she had fallen asleep on. Hastily scribbled notes, blank parchments, ink, and a quill, were scattered on the table's surface. She was likely the last person among the group to wake up, and was, perhaps, the one who got the least amount of sleep. The scent of tea reminded her of just how much she wanted a certain dark, bitter, energising drink. Tea would suffice, for now. "Sabrina, would you be a dear and bring me a cup of tea~?" She asked Sabrina, giving her a wink.

As she waited for her response, she took out her dagger and began playing with it, spinning it with her fingers, tossing it in the air and catching it unharmed. She didn't bother to out and train. In fact, she never used the dummies. Why would she need dummies when she could hone her skills cutting up living beings?

The thought of sparring with Xander did pique her interest, however, as she had a few techniques she wanted to try out. Techniques she was sure that, over time, Xander would come to hate love. Not to mention, there was kalamari, her favorite dish. This would be one of the few occasions on which Capria ever sparred with another predator, as she preferred to simply watch most of the time. "I would be interested in joining this spar... Later." She announced. But tea came first, and she would like nothing more than to mess with little Sabrina.

Literally Batman Literally Batman

Arthur Faron

Arthur sat on his chair, quietly planning out the day. 'Dojo's not done yet. Not in the mood for tea. Can't go back to sleep, otherwise people would chew me out for it. Maybe I could head to the Training Room and...' As Arthur was thinking of slaying a few dummies, Edward came in and mentioned something about needing new dummies. 'Scratch that. Training Room isn't much of an option, after all.'

He didn't like the lack of training options in the Citadel at the moment. It seems like they were always out of fresh dummies within two or three days after new deliveries would arrive. Arthur perked up when he noticed lightning pass by rather closely to the Citadel. That meant Kaladin was out hunting again. He'd taken a liking to his fellow Electromancer. 'Thunder Bro' he'd refer to Kaladin, who didn't really care about the nickname. 'At least, he doesn't hate it. Which means I can keep using it!'

Before they left, Arthur heard Koto mention something about sparring with them outside. 'Sparring? With Xander and Koto?' he thought. It seemed like a good idea... if you didn't mind having a few broken bones afterwards. Arthur shuddered as he remembered the beating he took from the last time he sparred with Koto. But then again, sparring with such skilled fighter would definitely help him out. He grimaced slightly before jogging over to his room to grab his stuff.

He pushed open his bedroom door and quickly grabbed the steel sword and dagger on his desk as well as the shield that was littered on the floor. 'Reminder: Clean up your room, Arthur.'

After making sure his equipment was properly fastened, he made his way out of the Citadel to join Xander and Koto.

Blaise Tavish

Upon hearing Arakaki's suggestion, Tavish shrugged. A sparring match would be a pleasant diversion.

"I think I will join you." He said. "Otso hasn't been able to indulge in combat in a while..."

Tavish wasn't too sure how Arakaki or Xander operated, much less the other warriors who followed the pair outdoors, but he felt that a spar would teach him everything he needed to know about them.

He decided to go out unarmed and unarmored, for he feared that the strength of the Great Bear inside him might prove lethal to the others if he used a weapon. Besides, where was the challenge in an equally matched fight?

He smiled slightly as he stepped out into the frigid air. This was going to be interesting.

Literally Batman Literally Batman Berries Berries Verdas Verdas The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses

Lila Stormborn

Sloppily getting out of bed, Lila walked across the room with a zombie-like appearance to brush her teeth. Lila awoke earlier than usual considering that she was never really the morning type of person. Like usual, she would stay in her room reading until she grew bored or hungry. The training area was out of the question, due to the freezing temperatures and snow: Lila could never really handle the cold that well. For a place full of deadly predators, the place was kind of dull. At least she had roommates who were constantly battle-hungry.

It wasn't until she heard sparks of electricity coming from outside that she was motivated to get out of the confines of her room. Hopefully something interesting was going on. Walking down the halls, Lila whistled with a carefree attitude, taking her time. Once she reached the main room, Lila stepped aside from the doorway so that Koto could pass,
"A fight? This early? In the cold?" Lila didn't know why she was surprised with this bunch, but the thought of it sickened her. "I guess I'll watch.." Lila added with a shrug. Despite loving to fight, Lila felt like she could become more experienced with spectating. Plus, it wouldn't be much of a fight if she lost immediately; she knew when she was outmatched. The blondie followed them out to the cold weather outside behind the others who came as well.

Minami Sasaki

Minami woke with a scare when hearing the loud winds outside. Following these harsh winds were flashes of light to which seemed to be lightning. She had always been a light sleeper, and once she woke up, there was no going back to sleep. The weather outside was tiring to look at. She wanted to be able to go outside and run around like the child she was, but she was stuck on this storm-filled mountaintop.

The energetic Predator wandered the Citadel halls with a skip in her step. She always enjoyed moving around in the morning, well, she always enjoyed moving around: she's notorious for it actually. Minami still couldn't get over the fact of how big the place was compared to what she was used to.

As she got hungry, Minami made her way down to the main room as people exited one by one, "Where are they headed?" Upon walking into the room, she spotted Sabrina and Capris, "Mornin' ladies, what's crackin'?"

Literally Batman Literally Batman + Verdas Verdas

Edward Vale
Almost as quickly as Edward had sat down, he had stood back up at the mention of Arakaki asking if anyone wanted to spar, following Xander outside shortly after he woke up. He chuckled at his joke. Assuming that Xander was the one that reduced the dummies in the training area outside to nothing but shredded leather and stuffing, it would be amusing to see someone use him as a dummy, except this dummy would be fighting back.

"I'd like to join in on that." He said, but they were already out the door. He briskly walked over to the door, pushing his foot in between the wall and the door so it wouldn't close all the way and then stepping out into the cold air. He found Blaise too was out there, with no armor or weapons. Hopefully he wouldn't get any form of frost bite, and it wasn't about getting frost bite from the weather he was worried about. Edward always had woke up expecting to do so training with heavy armor on, so he was already equipped with his armor and his longsword, minus the helmet.

He only caught the last few words of a sentence from Arakaki, and it was something about Celestial abilities. Edward wasn't sure about how much snow was in the mountains, but if he used anything to shake the earth, a ton of snow could find itself coming down somewhere. After deducing that Lila was watching, he counted six people participating, including himself. (Forgive me if I counted this incorrectly.) There was, Blaise, Arakaki, Xander, Arthur, Tyra, and himself. "How about a three on three fight, if everyone isn't feeling like doing a free for all?" He asked everyone outside, excluding the one spectator. A free for all could prove hectic, even by the Predator's standards, people who devastated armies of opposing nations. "We should use our abilities. Any fight including all of us would be chaotic even without our abilities, so we might as well."

Literally Batman Literally Batman Berries Berries Sir Basilisk Sir Basilisk The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses
and maybe a few others that i missed

Kaladin thought for a second about joining but shrugged it off till after he got food. Using his ability so much put him rather hungry and out off water in his body. He quickly drank some water then moved on to pouring some hot water to make tea. Aside from that he prepared a long slice of bread with jam. Making sure his food was mobile, he held his bread in one hand and the tea in the other carefully and headed outside to watch the matches. It was always good to get information on fighting tactics. It was purely for mercenary reasons. Or course Tyra also irked him with her tone. He'd join the next round.

Arthur Faron

The thought of participating in a 3-on-3 battle intrigued Arthur. The team needed to work together as a single organism on the battlefield, so a little team sparring session would greatly boost their experience of working together. Arthur stretched his arms high, "Sounds great. I call dibs on working with Blaise and Tyra!" Arthur exclaimed. He grinned widely, obviously wanting to have the upper hand on his opponents. Working with the Ebony Bear and a badass lady like Tyra sounded awesome. Arthur raised his hand towards Blaise, expecting a high five... or something.

Then he became conscious of everyone's eyes on him. 'Maybe I overstepped my bounds back there.' He quickly lowered his hand and stood straight with a serious look on his face. "Uhh... I mean, I'm eager to be working with you all," he muttered. "Especially with the badass ones like Blaise and Tyra," he quickly whispered. Hopefully, the others won't be looking down on him after this.

Arakaki Koto
Grinning as it seemed like there was a good number of predators interested in the duel, he assessed the group with his eyes. It seemed like most of the girls had elected to either stay indoors or simply watch the match, so he came to the conclusion that there would be six competitors. His impulse was just to have a free-for-all, but when Edward suggested that they do a three on three round Koto nodded having quickly realized that would be the best course of action. Also nodding at the suggestion of being able to use their powers, Koto pointed to an open expanse of land away from the walls of the building to ensure they didn't damage it. After all, their dojo wouldn't be finished as quickly if they had to repair the building itself as well.

"Very well, we'll go three on three over there. Celestial powers are a go, but make sure not to aim to kill." He declared, somewhat taking charge of the situation. About to self-elect himself as a team captain and pick a team, Koto raised his eyebrows as Arthur blurted out his 'dibs'. Chuckling a little bit at the boy, Koto patted him on the shoulder: half condescendingly, half in good spirit. 'I guess the teams will be Arthur, Tyra and Blaise against Xander, Edward and I then." Koto declared, looking at the group. "Unless there are any last minute additions or objections." He added for good measure, suppressing a yawn as his body still went through the waking-up process. Since they were going to be able to use their celestial powers, Koto had already begun forming his scale armor around his face and neck.

Tyra Rosenbald
Glancing at Capria as the woman declared she would be joining the spar later on, Tyra nodded and began to walk outside. It seemed that Kaladin had no interest in responding to her as he rummaged for food so she left it at that. Right as Tyra stepped out of the room, she heard Minami's voice sound out behind her but left it to Sabrina and Capria to respond. Taking her position among the others who were planning to fight, Tyra cracked her neck to both sides as she listened to Koto talk. Agreeing with the idea of having three vs three fights, she didn't remark on anything and instead waited to be put on a team. While Tyra was a good teammate, she was terrible at leading, and so she didn't contribute to any of the decision making.

Surprised when Arthur blurted out that he wanted to work with her, Tyra smiled at him. Hearing Koto say that the teams might as well be set, Tyra's competitive nature was disappointed at the thought of having to work with the youngest member. However, she consoled herself with the fact that Blaise would likely prove to be a worthy teammate. Feeling bad about her judgement on Arthur solely based off of his age, Tyra concluded that she would wait to judge him upon seeing his fighting ability. Moving towards the left side of the designated fighting arena, Tyra motioned to Blaise and Arthur. "Are we going to have a strategy?" She inquired, starting to pull her whips off of their holsters on her belt and assuming nobody was going to have an objection to Koto's plan.

Blaise Tavish

Hearing Arthur "call dibs" on teaming up with him inspired a small chuckle from Tavish. The youth was definitely set on alligning himself with the Bear for this battle, so Blaise decided that he would humor him and join his faction for the duration of the upcoming practice battle.

"Well, I believe it is settled." Began Tavish as he approached Arthur, returning his high five as he passed by. "It will be Arthur, Tyra, and myself against you three."

At Tyra's beckoning, he drew in closer towards his temporary accomplice to listen to what she had to say. Upon hearing her request for strategy, Blaise offered up a plan of action.

"Well, out of the three of us, we have only one elemental mancer..." Stated Blaise. "...Which means that a direct attack from you and I would be akin to suicide."

Silence fell over him for a few moments as he pondered the most effective course of action. When a plan finally came to him, he smirked deviously.

"I say that we use Arthur as out distraction... Have the opposition focus on subduing him while you and I make our way around them and attack them from behind."

The Saviour of the Masses The Saviour of the Masses Berries Berries

Xander Justin Krysos
Quickly, the fight that they had planned accelerated from a quick 1v1 duel to a team fight. He wasn't exactly the biggest fan of team fights, but he didn't have a major problem working with a team. As Koto took charge of the situation, Xander heard that he would be working on a team with Koto himself and Xander. He nodded- they both were skilled fighters, having witnessed them on the battlefield before. He turned to them, doing shoulder rotations to loosen them up.

"I'll take Tyra. She gets inhumanly jealous of my cryokinesis, and jealousy can very well get in the way of combat. Plus, she can't really stretch when she's frozen." He opened his palm, creating a beautiful rose sculpted of ice in his hand. "Koto, your armor could probably tank hits from Tarvish. You might be a good match. And Edward...well, I guess you get Arthur?" He shrugged. "You guys got ideas?"

Sabrina Paris Guissner

Sabrina soon ended up encountering Capria, who politely asked for a cup of tea. Sabrina was not exactly a huge fan of the older woman- she didn't know much about her, but she got funny feelings whenever they were nearby. Sabrina warely poured her a cup of tea, handing it to her. She soon noticed Minami coming over. "Nothing much. They're all out there fighting each other in the freezing cold. For what reason I don't know. I'm fine in here." She boredly sat down. "I wish Crox would swing by more often. I have no problem with relaxing all day, but after a while it gets boring.

Edward Vale

Edward wasn't expecting everyone to agree on the concept of a team battle and using their abilities, but that was a good thing. Maybe he could take a nap afterwards. He'd likely be tired after everything was settled. What could he actually do against the other Predators? Terrakinesis is way too slow to try and block anything from Arthur, and he's probably not fast enough himself to dodge it. He'd be an issue. Tyra could do something with her bones, it was weird. She could probably fit into any opening no matter how small it was. Blaise was inhumanely strong, but that was something every Predator shared.

Edward had never actually fought any of the Predators before. He always declined what offers he did get to spar and opted to train with the very fragile dummies. Maybe fighting with their abilities wasn't the best idea that Edward had agreed to doing, but it was too late to go back, and Edward wasn't fond of backing out.

He frowned upon hearing his match-up. "Yes...Arthur." He was thrown off by the uncertainty of Xander's last few words. He wouldn't last too long against Arthur, he didn't think. But it was probably better than trying to fight Blaise or Tyra. "I'm interested to see what they'll do with someone so young on their team. He can't have too big of a role, can he?" Edward thought for a moment. He could keep them out of range from Tyra's whips and Blaise all together if he raised the earth beneath his team. "Maybe I could raise the ground beneath us and keep us out of range of.. all of them, really." Edward thought out loud. He wouldn't be surprised if someone disagreed with him.

Literally Batman Literally Batman Berries Berries

Arthur Faron

When Blaise mentioned using him as a distraction, Arthur's enthusiasm lowered a bit. He glanced quickly at the opposing team, making mental notes on them. 'We're dealing with a Cryomancer, a Terramancer, and a Venomancer. Edward would be a tad slower since he works with rocks and stuff, so using hit and run tactics would prove effective. Xander and Koto would be faster but not fast enough to outrun me.' he decided. Arthur realizes that he pretty much chose the teams for everyone and he didn't know how to feel about that. Regardless, what's done is done and he got what he wished for.

"They might try to use the environment to keep themselves out of our range. Y'know since Xander and Edward can manipulate the snow and earth respectively," he said, a little too quickly, "I could use my speed and electricity to keep them off their feet while you guys take them out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back