• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ☣Apocalypse RP||No Way Out☣[1x1]

dotie

No Way Out

Suddenly life wasn't about living; it was about surviving

"Please remain calm and stay indoors..."

The interruption of the Emergency Broadcast rang hollow as the power was cut. You had never heard a silence so loud. You clenched your fingers so tight within your knuckles that your nails threatened to draw the blood from your palms. It would only be a matter of hours now.

Several weeks prior to what would be the beginning of the end, there was an epidemic sweeping the country. Something at the time - thought to be so insignificant. An outbreak of what appeared to be nothing more than a common cold. Symptoms were mild - nothing to call for alarm. But with the growing severity, soon it became mayhem.

The vacancies to the sick ration were becoming greatly out balanced with each day that passed. Low-grade fevers skyrocketed, practically frying the body inside out; small coughs that were passed as a scratchy throat were now coated in blood. Paranoia ran high, causing those infected to become violent and soon succumb to their hallucinations.

The death toll increased.

But it wouldn’t stop there.

Videos flooded from all over the social media outlets first - the news and government were unable to keep ahold. The footage contained those who had come to pass, no longer deceased. They looked very much alive.

At first, they were slow; as if trying to gain control of their surroundings. Yet that was far from the case. Those fear struck hardly had time to comprehend what they were witnessing. They were the first.

The word zombie seemed laughable or would have had what was seen not be real. Undead seemed too accurate, too obvious. And living dead, too redundant.

One thing for certain was they were not human.

They were husks; nothing more than a soulless corpse. A starving pod that never seemed to be full no matter how much they indulged themselves to the flesh of those left alive. They were ghouls. Their bodies convulsed as they drew new breath. Film covered eyes occupied with a craving - with an unbearable, unfulfilling hunger. A hunger so strong, those who were left in their wake felt first hand.

The cities were soon overrun with those creatures and painted with blood. The sky was clouded with the smolder of both burning buildings and bodies alike as the government tried to regain control. So much so, they began to disregard the safety of those who they originally sought to protect.

People retaliated; it was no longer vandalism, but anarchy. The living began stealing - stealing anything they could get their hands on. With weapons already off the shelf since the outbreak began; First, it was money, but they soon grew to realize they were coming into a world where monetary value wouldn’t be based on that of paper. Medicine, food, and water would be the new currency.

It was misused and one-sided.

The dead were no longer those who you needed to fear. But the living as well. It was fear. It was instinct; kill or be killed, survive no matter what. Humanity was becoming a trait less seen by the hour.

You sit in your living quarters staring at the black screen of your tv. The sirens boomed through your window. A frenzy of cries and gunfire filling in the quieter whines. You look to your phone - but no service. It seemed the world had gone dark in the blink of an eye.

What you do next, is up to you. How will you survive?​

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

Rules
↪ I'll only write with those who are 18+.
↪ Nothing that goes against RPN's own guidelines.
↪ 2-6 Paragraphs.
↪ Detailed.
↪ I will reply every other day to a week. Some days replies may be more frequent.
↪ Currently looking for 1x1. Maybe develop into a group later on?
↪ I play the female role.
↪ F//M preferred.
↪ Am willing to double! (F// & F//M)
↪Generes Accepted: Comedy, Romance, Platonic/Non-Romantic, Horror, Angst (honestly a good mix everything?)
↪ No need to be rude! We're here to have fun :]
↪Short or long term.

Lore/Plot
☢Time takes place months after 'The Outbreak'.
☢Place: I'm thinking more up North in the States; i.e. New York. But it is debatable.
☢Disease is spread by scratching or biting - but can only be zombified after death.
☢There are 'abnormals'. Meaning, some zombies are different than your typical sluggish clumsy husks. Some, especially those who have been around since the first of The Outbreak, has been mutated by the virus; i.e. stronger, faster, more resilient, smarter.
☢There have been several compounds created by groups of survivors; your character(s) have the choice to be apart of a group which you can create. We will have equal control over the groups as the NPC's will be made up as we go.

OC(s)
WIP

Last edited:
No Way Out

Suddenly life wasn't about living; it was about surviving

"Please remain calm and stay indoors..."

The interruption of the Emergency Broadcast rang hollow as the power was cut. You had never heard a silence so loud. You clenched your fingers so tight within your knuckles that your nails threatened to draw the blood from your palms. It would only be a matter of hours now.

Several weeks prior to what would be the beginning of the end, there was an epidemic sweeping the country. Something at the time - thought to be so insignificant. An outbreak of what appeared to be nothing more than a common cold. Symptoms were mild - nothing to call for alarm. But with the growing severity, soon it became mayhem.

The vacancies to the sick ration were becoming greatly out balanced with each day that passed. Low-grade fevers skyrocketed, practically frying the body inside out; small coughs that were passed as a scratchy throat were now coated in blood. Paranoia ran high, causing those infected to become violent and soon succumb to their hallucinations.

The death toll increased.

But it wouldn’t stop there.

Videos flooded from all over the social media outlets first - the news and government were unable to keep ahold. The footage contained those who had come to pass, no longer deceased. They looked very much alive.

At first, they were slow; as if trying to gain control of their surroundings. Yet that was far from the case. Those fear struck hardly had time to comprehend what they were witnessing. They were the first.

The word zombie seemed laughable or would have had what was seen not be real. Undead seemed too accurate, too obvious. And living dead, too redundant.

One thing for certain was they were not human.

They were husks; nothing more than a soulless corpse. A starving pod that never seemed to be full no matter how much they indulged themselves to the flesh of those left alive. They were ghouls. Their bodies convulsed as they drew new breath. Film covered eyes occupied with a craving - with an unbearable, unfulfilling hunger. A hunger so strong, those who were left in their wake felt first hand.

The cities were soon overrun with those creatures and painted with blood. The sky was clouded with the smolder of both burning buildings and bodies alike as the government tried to regain control. So much so, they began to disregard the safety of those who they originally sought to protect.

People retaliated; it was no longer vandalism, but anarchy. The living began stealing - stealing anything they could get their hands on. With weapons already off the shelf since the outbreak began; First, it was money, but they soon grew to realize they were coming into a world where monetary value wouldn’t be based on that of paper. Medicine, food, and water would be the new currency.

It was misused and one-sided.

The dead were no longer those who you needed to fear. But the living as well. It was fear. It was instinct; kill or be killed, survive no matter what. Humanity was becoming a trait less seen by the hour.

You sit in your living quarters staring at the black screen of your tv. The sirens boomed through your window. A frenzy of cries and gunfire filling in the quieter whines. You look to your phone - but no service. It seemed the world had gone dark in the blink of an eye.

What you do next, is up to you. How will you survive?​

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

Rules
↪ I'll only write with those who are 18+.
↪ Nothing that goes against RPN's own guidelines.
↪ 2-6 Paragraphs.
↪ Detailed.
↪ I will reply every other day to a week. Some days replies may be more frequent.
↪ Currently looking for 1x1. Maybe develop into a group later on?
↪ I play the female role.
↪ F//M preferred.
↪ Am willing to double! (F// & F//M)
↪Generes Accepted: Comedy, Romance, Platonic/Non-Romantic, Horror, Angst (honestly a good mix everything?)
↪ No need to be rude! We're here to have fun :]
↪Short or long term.

Lore/Plot
☢Time takes place months after 'The Outbreak'.
☢Place: I'm thinking more up North in the States; i.e. New York. But it is debatable.
☢Disease is spread by scratching or biting - but can only be zombified after death.
☢There are 'abnormals'. Meaning, some zombies are different than your typical sluggish clumsy husks. Some, especially those who have been around since the first of The Outbreak, has been mutated by the virus; i.e. stronger, faster, more resilient, smarter.
☢There have been several compounds created by groups of survivors; your character(s) have the choice to be apart of a group which you can create. We will have equal control over the groups as the NPC's will be made up as we go.

OC(s)
WIP

Greetings i am william at your service and I would love to be a part of this rp I have a character on deck specifically for the zombie apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back