• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ★ Urban Fantasy and Other Ideas ★

ebb

practice welcome banner.jpg

Hello,
I’m creating this thread in the hopes that I’ll find writers interested in collaborating on a story. While I know for certain that I want at least one thread as a 1x1, I would be open to creating a group in addition. If you’re interested, please feel free to ask me questions and shoot me ideas. I might not feel as if every applicant is the right fit for this RP, and if that’s the case, please don’t take it personally, I’m just looking for a writing style that would work well with mine.

practicebanner2 copy.jpg practicebanner3 copy 2.jpg About me:

I’m a graphic designer who is starting a program to obtain a degree in the fall. I used to frequent this site around 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to recover my old account, but a lot of my old stuff makes me cringe anyhow. I would consider myself a pretty good writer, but I'm more interested in world building and having fun than anything else. Chances are, I might have to table this RP when school becomes busy, but I still want it as a side project. I was inspired to start this RP when I was doing quick sketches of camping related objects. I thought that “camping on the run” would be an interesting and easy outlet for a RP. Chances are, I’ll create little icons for significant objects our characters might obtain along the way.

I work full time, so I’m aiming for anywhere from several posts week to several posts a day, it’ll depend on my schedule.

Story Information:
The idea behind this RP is to explore a story set in urban fantasy- a blend between traditional slice of life and fantasy. I aim to have arks set up in order to provide structure and direction to the story. For example, one character might be poisoned and the rest will search for a cure, or you, as a contributor, can message with me to model an ark after your character’s past. Each of the characters will have an ability that makes them different. This can be something traditional or weird and creative, that’s up to you. I will be writing as one main character and at least one side “NPC” character that you have the ability to write from as well. The purpose of having NPC characters is to make the writing feel more natural and organic. It’s hard to write fluidly if I’m having to wait on my writing partners for my character to have a conversation.

The initial plot line is set in Alaska, along the coast. The environment of the starting point of the story is inspired by camping and the rugged outdoors. The area is scattered with log cabins, dilapidated convenience stores, and gull calls from the docks. My characters will have grown up in this small town and work at a drive through coffee stand off the freeway. The coffee stand, “Spruce it Up”, is adorned with moose antlers and buoys, perpetually busy from the highway demand. My characters are childhood friends who will remain close throughout the story. The male main character who I’ll write as (Avery) is effectively a seer. He has the ability to foresee future events or recieve signs that will lead him in the story. Avery also isn’t affected by the need for sleep and spends countless hours mapping routes and planning. I’ve modeled him this way so I can have him lead us into story arks. My secondary character (Katie), is a runner and athlete who is the muscle of the duo. She’s outgoing and tends to instigate combative situations.

While out on a roadtrip, Avery, Katie, and a small handful of friends will encounter your character(s). It’s up to you if you want to make your character hurt, chased, or otherwise in need of help. After making a connection with your character(s), Avery and Katie will be put into danger by association and flee their hometown via the ferry and begin the adventure.​

backpackpractice.jpg

If you're interested, please post a response in this thread so we can discuss ideas. It'll probably be a few days, at least, before I actually start this RP because it still needs a lot of work. I just want to put out some feelers to see if there's interest.

practice banner2.jpg

Additional Ideas:
Aside from the plot I was envisioning above, there are a handful of ideas I would also be interested in writing.

Any of these could include romance, but I'm looking for something realistic, so nothing instant. I prefer to write MxM or FxF, but am open to writing MxF as well.

Fandom Based:
These ideas would be based on the series, but wouldn't include canon characters. If lore or mention of canon characters is involved, that's okay, but I feel like writing canon is limiting. Also, if the idea sounds interesting to you, you don't have to be an expert on the series, because it would be loosely based on the original.

***Red Rising Series: This series has recently become one of my favorites. I feel as if there's a ton within the universe to work with in a RP.
Annihilation/Southern Reach Series: It would be interesting to write up a suspenseful atmosphere with a group of characters exploring an area affected by bizarre mutations.
Black Mirror: There's a ton of fascinating ideas from this TV series. If you have a favorite episode or idea from the series, it would be amazing to write something off this.
The 100: It's been a minute since I've watched this series, but writing something based on it would be a lot of fun.

Other Ideas:
***Post Apocalypse: A virus or otherwise devastating event wipes out nearly every living human, except for a handful of survivors. My character would be a part of an established group, and your character could either be a lone survivor or a part of a opposing/separate group.
On the Run: A variation of what I have above. For some reason I'm really craving a RP where our characters are surviving on the road- this idea is fairly open, so I welcome suggestions/input.
Roommates: Our characters would be roommates, preferably ones who are polar opposites.
Any of Your Ideas: I don't bite- shoot me any plot you're craving and we can discuss it.

I'm intrigued by this! I'd love to discuss this idea further with you if you're still looking for a partner.

Btw, is your avatar your artwork? It's beautiful!

Afterthought Afterthought
I am still looking for a partner! I'm new back to this site, so I haven't reached the post requirement to start a PM- would you mind starting one? I would love to discuss it further!

I wish! The avatar art is by the artist Len Yan, their work is amazing. ★

I'm definitely interested, I've always wanted a black mirror themed role play and since watching annihilation I thought that'd make a great rp too. down for either 1x1 or group if you're still looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back