• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy .◦✧ another cliche fantasy story ✧◦.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

━paradisia━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

full

•CASTLE PARADISIA, BANQUET HALL•

The day was still new and the air soft and alight with birdsong as Queen Vivienne watched over the preparations for the great farewell celebration. Her expression was serene as always, and she offered a soft but genuine smile to each maid who passed by.

Her mind, however, was not the picture of peace that she outwardly projected. Royal duty or not, she was sending others out into certain danger to all but do her bidding while she remained relatively safe behind the enchanted walls of Paradisia.
Offered rewards would of course be lavish as to make their risk worthwhile, but that would provide little in the way of comfort to any who did not survive the journey.

Though Vivienne wished deeply to believe that all would go well and that there would be no death, she was not a naive woman. Wars were nothing like what was told in fairytales, they were brutal and often ended with no sense of victory at all. Her rule had been exceptionally peaceful, and she knew that in many ways she was blessed.

Still, the heaviness remained. Closing her eyes, she recited a quiet prayer.

"Forgive me, Goddess. To die protecting your Heart is a noble passing, but if you were to have it your way, I know there would be no death at all. Guide them, o Sabelina, Mistress of Light. Banish the shadows that may cross their path, ease the burden of suffering, grant them bravery no matter what they must face... and please, keep Lucien safe. I know it is selfish to ask, but I have asked so much of him at such a young age, and if anything were to happen..." Vivienne bowed her head, voice trailing off into a whisper. Ethereal strands of light curled around her fingertips as she pressed them over her own heart, a solemn end to her prayers.

Running a shimmering finger through her long strands of snowy hair, the Queen slipped from the bustling banquet hall and moved towards the kitchen to check how her cooks were progressing. It was best to keep busy. Sabelina's will would be done whether she paced and fretted or not.

At least the lucious cakes she had requested were as lovely as had been promised. Vivienne hoped the brave souls would at least appreciate a night of celebration, high spirits and fine food before they inevitably set off early the next morning.

—◦✧◦✧◦—

Hours later, Queen Vivienne stood clothed in her finest gown as she waited in regal silence near the door. Well-wishers were already beginning to filter in, bowing deeply as they passed her and her guards. She smiled and waved at each of them, for while some royals saw such people as mere commoners, the Queen knew their value and was not shy in showing so.

It would likely be a while until the summoned adventurers arrived, but she knew Lucien would be returning from his patrol soon, and Glimmer had a way of popping up whenever one least expected him to.

Besides, anyone could be early.

Surveying the great feast as it was being set out, she sighed wistfully and turned her gaze to the towering windows that bathed each room in rich golden sunlight. It was a picture perfect day, perhaps the last one Vivienne would experience for a long time.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:

• ━glimmer━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
    "Nothing wrong with a little day-drinking, I'm sure all that stress can really get to a brave warrior like you," Glimmer purred, offering the inebriated soldier apparently named Franklin sitting across the table from him a playful wink. "Don't worry, I won't tell."

Taking a small sip of his own fruity cocktail, Glimmer stretched coyly as his polished fingertips inched closer to a velvet bag of gold coins left so carelessly out in the open by his target.

"M'glad, don't want to get yelled at again by that nasty lil' brat of a captain," the man slurred. "Been wishin' it was possible 'tah quit since the Queen let him take over." Returning his face and attention to the heavy mug of ale, Franklin fell silent once again.

A wicked grin tugged at the corners of Glimmer's perfectly pouty lips, and his colorful eyes practically gleamed. Before the solider even had a chance to set his drink down, every coin had been effortlessly palmed and pocketed. It was almost too easy this time.

"I know how hard it is to earn money in this world, especially without working for tyrants like your captain... that's why I became my own boss and started selling potions," Glimmer offered sympathetically, before plucking a cherry from his drink and popping into his mouth.

"It's so nice not to worry about waking up on time, and earn money on your own terms when you feel like it. Plus, I only sell products I love to people I know will benefit from them. It's a win-win whatever way you look at it."

Franklin was at best a few sips away from passing out, but he was clearly listening, and that was good enough.

"Would you perhaps be interested in buying some stock off me for a criminally low price so you can try selling it yourself and see what I'm talking about? You'll even be able to recruit others to sell under you... it's a chance to tell your captain to stuff it and be your own boss!"

First pressing one leather-clad hand over his mouth to stifle a hiccup, Franklin then reached it out towards the slick salesman. "Sure as 'ell would..." he mumbled, and Glimmer sealed the deal with a handshake and a contract that the solider was barely able to sign legibly.

"Excellent doing business with you, sir. I will swing by your place later on to deliver the supplies and collect my pay... you're going to be so happy you tried this!"

There was no reply, as the alcoholic was now slumped in his seat and drooling.

—◦✧◦✧◦—

Glimmer returned to the castle through a less popular entrance, bypassing Queen Vivienne and making his way straight into the growing crowd of celebrators. He'd changed his appearance back to the one he used as a royal advisor, though his hair and eye makeup was of course as flawless as ever.

The coins he'd pocketed earlier clanked quietly against the ones Franklin had given him willingly with each step, and Glimmer found it quite a satisfying sound to hear. Maids and well-wishers mingled around him, oblivious to as to how he'd spent his last full day in Paradisia. It was cute, really, how many members of the royal household trusted him.

Spotting a plump yet bright-eyed cook carrying a tray of finely crafted desserts, he reached towards them with a sly smile.

"May I?"

The girl already seemed a bit flustered, but she nodded enthusiastically and so Glimmer chose the one with the most frosting and nibbled at it seductively.

"Delicious," he sighed, "almost as lovely as the young woman who prepared it."

The tray now seemed in danger of clattering to the floor with how red-faced she'd become, so Glimmer offered her a wave and made his way to another part of the room where he could await the arrival of his fellow adventurers and potential customers.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
0A1Ti0K.jpg
Cynthia Adstrum
A spark of excitement rushed through the cloaked woman's very being as she stepped into what was the farewell banquet. Her hood was lifted over her heard to some extent obscuring a clear view of her face outside looking directly at her. Her long brown locks managed to escape from the hood twisted up in pig tails tied together by a nice red ribbon on each side. Her cloak lightly flowed behind her as she walked wearing a rather nice though simply looking baggy black outfit. It was a rather modest look likely in comparison to most there not going so far as to wear a dress as to show off her frame. She wasn't that type of girl after all and glamour wasn't really something that she thought that much about. It wasn't to say she didn't look rather nice, after all her outfit was clearly not of cheap make even if it seemed a little out of place.

Cynthia had wasted no time since she arrived in the city days ago to attempt to see all the historical sights she could. She had read so much about the city from her books, having the chance to actually see it in person was such an exciting proposition for the young scholar. It was far different from what she had back at her old home. Different areas tended to develop culturally different from one another making them each so unique from one another. The smallest deviancy in the social structure could cause such a large shift in how the fabric of a society developed. Paradisia in many ways seemed like a place frozen back in time. It was perhaps a benefit to it being kept safe behind walls and isolated from the world that was... not always the most forgiving.

Her head turned back and forth glancing out from under her cloak. Her brown eyes seemed to scan the entire place holding a great deal of fascination less for the people there as much as the architecture. It wasn't often someone got to be in such a location so her geeky side all but kicked in wanting to get a good look at the place. The entire event only made things seem that much lavish not quite use to such extravagance. She was far use to more modest displays of wealth if any attempt was made to do so even in the first place. Her head tilted up looking upon the ceiling admiring the great engineering feat that must of been required to make such a room. It felt as if the very ceiling was reaching up into the heavens. A bright smile was on her face so glad to get to see such a sight only further astonished by what Paradisia hide behind its walls.

As much as she might be able to admire the architecture and truly grasp the work that went into making it, that didn't change the fact she was still at the banquet. She might of had many who had managed to duck and weave avoiding the oblivious cloaked girl as she walked around but there was only so long that such luck might last. Her head was still glancing up as she found herself suddenly colliding into another person, reality suddenly snapping back into the daydreaming girl as she found herself stumbling.

"Aaaaaah!" Her voice escaped spntaneously not even aware of the person of whom she accidentally bumped directly into. She gasped out eyes opening wide suddenly realizing what was going on as she fumbled on her feat being knocked off balance. She tripped over her own feet suddenly tumbling down falling towards the floor.

Mentioned: None (Open to interaction... whether having bumped into you or simply someone witnessing her fall)

Last edited:

• ━Mazi━

1581585737248.png

Heavy breathing, footsteps running rampant, the sound of metal clinking against metal. Mazi and Randolph, the man that has raised her, dueling between each other. Randolph raises his sword, assumes his stance and proceeds to charge, his eyes focused, he swings his sword high. Mazi defends against his blow with the handle of her scythe raised slightly above her head, struggling to hold form against Randolph and his powerful blow. They lock eyes and both give off a grin.

"That all you got old man?" Mazi teases.

Randolph retaliates with a kick to the stomach, causing Mazi to lose form and gasp for air, just for a brief moment. Randolph seizes the opportunity, elbowing Mazi in the side and tackling her to the ground before putting his sword to her neck.

"Who're you calling old man?" Randolph has managed to maintain his alpha dominance, a true warrior.

Mazi catches Randolph off guard, clearly he must be daydreaming, the battle is far from over. Mazi grins, "Ya know, you should pay more attention to your surroundings." She had managed to loosen her boot, kicking her leg upward, her boot comes flying her way, over Randolph. In a swift motion she grabs her boot from the air and sheathes the tip of the sword in the sole of her boot. She quickly uses all of her remaining upper body strength and in one swift motion, like a boat in high waves, sways all of her weight to one side, flipping over and pinning Randolph down instead. Mazi has won this battle.

"Oh gee, I guess it's rude to call old men, old men." Mazi lets off a playful laugh. "I really must've struck a nerve with that remark, huh?' The two stand up, wiping and patting the dust and dirt off of themselves before entering the backdoor of their house.

"You know I liked it better when you were younger, you were a brat but at least I could beat you in battle. Man am I a good trainer or what?" Randolph gives off a smug smile and a cheerful laugh.

The two call it a day and end their training. Mazi begins to prepare for the farewell ceremony. Stuffing spare clothes into a backpack, grease to clean her scythe, bottles of rum and a small, white, woven blanket with some holes in it from the wear and tear of time. This is the blanket she was wrapped in when the priest and nuns found her in front of the church as an infant. She can't seem to go anywhere without it, curious about her origin and why she was abandoned. The only thing left behind to her from her parents. She ran away from the church when she was 14, living in the City of Paradisia ever since with Randolph, a royal guardsmen who took her in off the streets. After packing she proceeds to wash off, filling two buckets up with water and entering the bathroom. Pouring one bucket of water over her head, soaking herself. Her fluffy hair growing flat and damp. Grabbing soap and cheaply made shampoo, she begins to scrub down her body and wash all the dirt from her hair. She uses the second bucket of water to rinse the soap and shampoo, drying off with a towel that is a bunch of rags sewn together. - Randolph doesn't believe in spending a lot of money on hygiene, but still buying enough to get the job done. - Mazi dresses into clean clothes, a blue one piece top, red baggy pants and a yellow leather belt. She scans her room, making sure she has packed everything.

"Man, I know I'm gonna forget somethin, I always do." Mazi signs as her face that is blank from focusing, turns into a frown.

Walking over to her jewelry box, she puts on her favorite jewelry. A necklace with a circular shaped piece of jewelry attached to the front, hanging down the base of her neck and a silver bracelet that takes up a little less than half of her wrist. After mentally going over everything she wants to bring, she equips her backpack with all her belongings, with the top of her scythe protruding from the top of her backpack. She says her farewells to Randolph, he says to her a nice little prayer that begs Sabelina for Mazi to be safe on her trip and as Mazi exits the house she grabs her brown fur coat that is a little over sized for her, Randolphs eyes tear up, proud of the woman he's raised.

Making her way through the streets of the City of Paradisia, she is hit with a overwhelming sense of nervousness, just by the sheer size of the castle. Never actually having been near the castle before. Taking a deep breath, she reaches behind her into a compartment, lower on her backpack, pulling out a small bottle of rum. She takes a big swig to ease her anxiety, placing the bottle back into its compartment and following the street to the entrance of the castle. Two guards stationed out front greet Mazi, she smiles, nods and walks up the stairs and through the castle entrance.

Once inside, her interest and curiosity meters go off the charts.

"Man I haven't felt this way ever since I was a teenager." Mazi grins as her eyes grow bigger and bigger.

Stunned by the castles architecture and the amount of people, her eyes basically glowing like the stars themselves. She walks around for a bit, admiring the white and gold marble architecture, losing her train of thought. After awhile, she realizes she doesn't know where the banquet hall is. Throughout all the royal staff, guests and adventurers themselves she asks for directions and makes her way down a hallway towards the banquet hall. Loud chattering fills the atmosphere, Mazi sees the large entrance to the banquet hall. Giant pillars of marble, sun shining into the hall, she stops and takes it all in, truly in awe of its beauty. When she makes it to the entrance, she peers inside to a mass collection of people. Hesitating, she puts her back to the wall beside the entrance. Looking around to make sure nobody notices, she reaches into her backpacks lower compartment, grabbing the bottle of rum once more, downing the whole little bottle in one go.

Upon finally entering the hall, her face flushed red, she lets out a small hiccup and closes her eyes for just a second. Suddenly bumping into someone, Mazi falls to the floor and the young girl falls on top of her.

"Oh my, already? but we haven't even went out on a date yet." She lets out a playful, flirty grin and a laugh before standing.

"I'm just playing, but I guess you're just as clumsy as I am." Mazi says while rubbing the back of her head, a little embarrassed, closing her eyes, and grinning.

Mazi grabs her backpack with one hand and lowers her other hand towards the direction of the girl to help her up.

"My name is Mazi, I guess you're here for the same reason I am. C'mon, lets go grab a seat if you want. We'll both have to make sure we watch where the other is going. I promise I don't bite." Mazi smiles, her face flushed in red. Buzzed from the rum she drank earlier.

( Hanarei Hanarei I hope this is okay, if not I can change it!)

1581585763657.png

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
Montmorancy

Two figures walk between the people that crowded the castle, both wearing the white garb of the central church. One was a young woman that seemed rather restless, and the other was a towering middle-aged man with plenty of battle-scars displayed even though the only skin he shows were his bald head and hands.

"Montmorancy, how are you feeling right now?"

"I am feeling anxious, but also excited!" Momo answered spontaneously while looking at her mentor with such shining eyes that the the priest must covers his eyes with his hand.

"Momo, remembers 3 C."

"Yes. Calm, composed, collected. I'm sorry, high-priest Gordon." Momo took a few deep breath to calm herself. 3 C was a term coined by the high-priest to politely reminds Momo of her shining eyes, though it spreads and became a catchy phrase to be teached to young priests in training.

Entering the banquet hall, Momo was amazed at how lavish everything seemed to be, even more so than usual. She chenged her position from walking next to her mentor to walking behind him, his towering figure split the crowd in front of him with ease.

"Montmorancy, I will go meet some old friends. You go enjoy the..." Gordon alnost said something like 'enjoy the feast', but he know what Momo would do if he said something like that. "I mean, look for Glimmer, allright?" Momo didn't said anything but nodded and ran of to the other said of the hall.

Momo didn't lie, she would look for her glimmer and her sunshine, that other Glimmer can just wait. Standing behind a pillar, she found what she would think as a perfect spot to admiring the queen. What a beautiful queen she was! What a charismatic aura she has! What a fine gown she wears! Her queen was perfect like usual. Ah, but that Lucien boy muddled the sight. She hoped the boy would move away, or better, switch places with her so she could stand next to the queen!

Not good, not good. I should keep my fantasy under control or else I would start shooting light beams out of my eyes again.

━lucien━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
More and more people in ridiculous costumes were beginning to arrive, yammering to each other and smiling as though this was the most wonderfully exciting thing they'd ever witnessed. Lucien was sure commoners led boring lives, but the amount of staring and gawking both he and Queen Vivienne received made the already anti-social young captain feel more irritated than ever.

He stood tall (well, tall for Lucien anyway) and unmoving beside her, his delicate face haughty as Vivienne smiled and managed to greet every random person who walked by with genuine kindness.

This went on for a while, until he got the sudden eerie sensation of being watched.

An enemy scout, infiltrating? They had some nerve attempting such a thing today... and Lucien would be sure to ruin their evening in return.

"Your Majesty, stay where you are and alert the guards on my command."

Lucien placed a finger over his lips in explanation before turning on his heel with a dramatic swish of billowing blue fabric. It took him no time at all to locate the threat. A woman dressed in white, attempting to hide behind one of the large marble pillars and spy on the the unsuspecting Queen.

"You! Dirty little snoop! Explain why you're spying on our Queen now, before I force it out of you," he commanded harshly, hand already on the glossy hilt of his sword.

He did not wait for her response, instead roughly grabbing her by the wrist and tugging her towards the hallway where Vivienne and her guards stood. Lucien was a bit more gentle with the woman than an average thug, as he knew the Queen would expect such a thing, but he was also less than courteous as he continued to drag her further from her hiding place.

"Queen Vivienne, I have captured this woman spying on you, a potential enemy scout... there may be more where she came from," he began, "I suggest we interrogate her and have guards sweep the pre—"

His tirade of orders was cut off by Vivienne herself, who laughed lightly. Lucien usually found such a sound pleasing, but this time he was downright insulted.

"Lucien, look at what she's wearing. This is a priestess of Sabelina's temple," she said, adding a calming tone to her voice. Turning from the young captain now shaking with rage and towards the strange woman, Vivienne smiled once again. "I do have to ask though, why were you watching me? It's perfectly acceptable to come up and offer a greeting, you need not be frightened."

The dark aura now radiating off of Lucien was enough to scare anyone. It was as though his usually light eyes had been flooded by shadow as he stared at the priestess bitterly, black nails digging into the the fabric of his uniform.

"I am not permitted to act without an order, but that does not mean I trust you or that I won't be watching you very closely," he hissed, hand still resting near his sword.

Ace Cream Ace Cream

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
0A1Ti0K.jpg

Cynthia Adstrum
Cynthia had managed to cause the woman she bumped into to fall. She couldn't even very much make up her form finding herself landing flat on top of her finding her hands resting to her sides lightly cushioned from the fall granted perhaps at the cost of the woman's comfort... and a sense of decency if any thought was applied to what happened. She cracked open her eyes taking a brief moment to catch up to the swirl of what had happened. She heard the woman's voice as she started to prop herself by her arms over her. Her words didn't even register in her mind as she slowly propped herself up as to give her space still on the floor as her laugh came suddenly seeming to get a general gist of what it was she could possibly mean. Her cheeks became deep red flustered as she shook her head fumbling up nervously suddenly fidgeting with her fingers.

"Ah... s...sorry! I... I wasn't meaning to... I wasn't meaning to get on top of you like that. I lean more to guys mostly.. I mean n.. not just to randomly get ontop of guys! I mean not to say you aren't pretty... and I wasn't mean I had any kind of intentions like that at all even if you were a guy!" She spoke her words spoke rapidly with her cheeks a crimson red in embarrassment finding her choice of words all but butchered in her desperate attempt to try and ease the woman in what she naively thought she was telling the truth rather then joking around. She was so horrible when dealing with what to say under pressure around others. If there was a shade of red deeper then what she was already at it would of shown up when it was clear with the woman's words she was just 'playing'. Her hands lifting up to her face for a second in complete humiliation at screwing up a social interaction so horribly. She had to really work on reading someone and learning to just say sorry rather then trying to make things more complicated then they had to be.

"Y... yes I can be a bit clumsy... sorry... and thank you!" She spoke still red though at least having settled down hoping her little outburst was just pushed to the wayside removing her hands from her face to take her hand slowly getting up. She brushed herself off more so to try and take a chance to take a deep breath and to 'reset' things in her mind. She had gotten off on the wrong foot but that didn't mean she couldn't fix this. All she had to do was take her time and establish a connection. So long as she just played her cards straight and relaxed she would make a far better first impression and the early bit could be ignored. She noticed the girls face was red, looking at her reading it as if she was just as embarrassed as her. That had to be what it was right? It helped to give her a bit of relief not even thinking of the fact she might be intoxicated.

"Ah... yes! I'm here for that, the farewell festivities. I'm planning to be apart of the alliance in order to set off in order to acquire the heart." She spoke smiling with a bit of a cheerful expression about her though softening a little near the end. She was feeling a bit better having a chance to get past the earlier embarrassment at least. She couldn't help but tilt her head puzzled as she mentioned biting her. She lifted her hand scratching the back of her head laughing lightly.

"Alright, we can sit and chat! Again sorry for bumping into you, I'm sure you won't bite me I don't think that would be very pleasant if you did so." She spoke with a smile seeming to take her comment about biting her quite serious despite it being said in a teasing manner. She wasn't exactly super familiar with that saying to catch onto what it really was suppose to mean. At the very least she was somewhat back to her normally upbeat cheerful self and past the embarrassment.

Mentioned: Zero Two Zero Two

• ━Mazi━

1581645948668.png

Mazi watches in amusement as the girl mumbles to herself, something about Mazi not being or being a guy.

"Are you trying to flirt with me or something?" Mazi grins, lifting one eyebrow higher than the other, followed by a hiccup, the smell of rum exiting her mouth.

The girl is clearly embarrassed. Her face the color of blood, her mannerisms stiff and her words soft. Mazi watches and thinks to herself how cute the girl is, she likes to flirt with everyone but its just apart of her personality, not really meaning much by it.

The girl grabs Mazi's hand, hesitant to do so, getting pulled to her feet, she pats herself off and after a long pause. She breathes out, her face isn't as red and her expression is totally different than earlier.

"Ah... yes! I'm here for that, the farewell festivities. I'm planning to be apart of the alliance in order to set off in order to acquire the heart." - The girl says, with a cheerful smile, fading into a softer expression.

"The heart huh? Yeah I don't know if the thing even exists, to be honest I'm just going for the thrill of adventuring." Mazi's eyes shining, going on an adventure like this is something she's wanted to do even as a young girl.

"But if it does exist, I'm sure we can find it. I mean how hard can it be?" Proclaiming an ignorant statement, unaware of the true depth the mission holds. She was chosen as a recommendation from Randolph, one of the queens royal guardsmen and her guardian. Her combat skills were proven adept enough to attend the voyage.

The two walk over to the banquet table, greeting the queen before sitting. Mazi's fur coat loosely slipping down her back revealing her shoulders. She relaxes, crossing her arms behind her head, she leans use head back, using her arms as a sort of cushion to rest her head.

"Bite? Huh? Oh yeah I don't bite, I just nibble." Winking at the girl before burping, the burp burns her throat and the taste of rum fills her mouth. Mazi isn't drunk, but on the verge, extremely buzzed. Shifting her body and lowering her arms, placing them on the table, folding them there instead to use as a pillow. Laying her head face down into her arms, she begins to talk.

"Oh yeah what's your name, you never told me?" Her voice muffled, and before the girl has time to answer the atmosphere of the hall tenses, Mazi raises her head slightly, laying her head on the bicep of her arm, peering out and looking around. Lucien, the captain of the Royal Army, is roughly pulling a girl by her wrist towards the Queen, not being able to hear the conversation well, it isn't hard to tell he has messed up, as he is visibly upset from the way the Queen talks to him.

Looking in the direction of the scene, still laying on her arms bicep, looking away from the girl, all she can probably see is Mazi's extremely fuzzy hair. Staring Lucien down, with a seductive squint she begins to talk, "Lucien huh? The guy is a hunk, I mean even if he is short. I'd still take a bite out of it." Mazi purrs while daydreaming.

"Only issue is that the captain is a total pain in the ass. Way too uptight and weird, don't ya think?" Still buzzed and unaware she has been ranting and mumbling. She lets out a hiccup. "OH YEAH! Your name babe, what is it?"

Hanarei Hanarei

( If anyone wants to jump in and call Mazi out for being drunk or something go ahead, I don't care. It can be playfully or scornfully. Up to you, or whatever c; )

1581645991981.png

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
What would a good party be without entertainment? Filomena was the best entertainment that could be provided, at least if anyone asked her opinion on the matter. The Siren at first traveled about the room to flirtatiously sing to a few chosen maidens, winking as she did so. She received the fluttering of lashes and blushes that she had tried to earn then ducked away when noting the men at their sides that were starting to puff up in annoyance at the bard. Hm, perhaps she needed to choose her prey.er..muses..more carefully. Then the young woman spotted a pair of rather lovely women lounging and having a drink together it seemed. Well, one of them looked awfully flustered and flushed while the other looked like she had ingested more than her fair share of alcohol. An interesting pair, and just what Filomena wanted if she was going to earn a bit of coin that night from those she was serenading.

"Ah, I have been searching this entire festivity and it seems that my journey is at an end. I have found the jewels to the kingdom's crown right here, gathered to watch the intrepid adventurers leave on their voyage." Mena had not met the others destined to be on the ship with her, and the woman thus she did not realize that these two women were going to be joining her on her perilous journey. "You see I, my dear ladies, will be forced to part from this great kingdom as the ship sets sail. Someone must recall the deeds of the adventurers, and that is what a bard's most sacred duty is even if that means I must surely face certain death."

She laughed and performed a bow, flaxen hair bouncing over the shoulders of her expensive attire. "I am Filomena, and I fear I was so struck by the brilliance of your beauties combined that I completely forgot my manners. Please, do tell me your names so that I may immortalize them in songs for I know that even as I travel to the furtherest reaches, none shall be nearly as radiant as you."

Filomena was known for being a silver-tongued scoundrel by those that she encountered through her journeys, and she had left many a broken heart in her wake. Her heart had been stolen once before, and the loss of that love left her thinking that all affection was meant to come to an end. Love would always be destroyed by the circumstances that surrounded her, so why give in to that deep of affection when she could just enjoy the light-hearted flirtation? Dressed in her finest clothing of a rich scarlet hue, her feather hat cocked just right, and blonde hair pulled back in braids, Filomena knew that she looked just as dapper as any of these young colts milling about. Her exterior was always bright and charming even when she was internally fretting that perhaps she was biting off more than she could chew. She was a lover, not a fighter. How could she possibly aid anyone on this journey when she couldn't even make use of a sword?

Zero Two Zero Two , Hanarei Hanarei

0A1Ti0K.jpg

Cynthia Adstrum
She had blushed more at her asking if she had flirted though having shook her head lightly in response having done her best to keep calm. Upon mentioning of the heart she couldn't help but feel a little uneasy that she mentioned it. Perhaps she was better off not specifically saying that part of it... though it was far to late to take it back now anyways. She was going on this journey after all so she had to of known about it right? Her response only seemed to confirm it... even if the woman wasn't exactly the most on board about its existence. It was probably better she didn't go rambling on about the heart anymore to someone else. She already knew a bit more then she aught to know given her lack of a connection to the queen or those serving under her.

Cynthia gave the woman a light nod in response, keeping a warm smile on her face now only tinted with a soft shade of red. Getting to the table she bowed her head, keeping her cloak up as if obscure her face a bit from direct sight still before sitting down. The scholar looked a bit puzzled by the woman mentioning nibbling as she laid her head down upon the table, blink as she let out a light laugh, more nervous then anything. To be fair nibbling was a little less bad but she wasn't really that into being nibbled on either. She didn't think she would be very tasty at all. The girl did seem a bit of the strange type being red faced and acting oddly though she didn't know it was due to being intoxicated still. She wasn't exactly around drunks very often... as in never at all. Most people she was use to were far to stuck up to drink.

She blushed a bit as she asked her name realizing she hadn't given it. Before she could answer though it seemed her attention had shifted finding herself glancing up towards the commotion as the short boy seemed to be dragging a nicely dressed girl forward to the queen. She blinked at the spectacle, seeming to catch onto herself staring as she looked away seeming to avoid direct eye contact with the queen. It was then she heard Mazi speak up about Lucien. Was she... into eating people? She seemed rather oblivious to the innuendo being spoken only wondering more if the nibbling might mean she would actually take a small little bite of her. She seemed to be a very strange woman to her. Snapping back to attention as she focused the converation to her after belittling the kid she leaned back a bit surprised scratching the back of her head.

"Ah.. yeah sorry. I didn't mean to neglect to tell you my name. My name is..." She was stopped suddenly as another woman approached speaking directly to them. Jewels in the kingdom's crown? Cynthia's eyes shifted from Filomena down to the table glancing about as if expecting some jewels or perhaps a crown containing them happened to somehow be where they were sitting. Clearly not there she shifted her focus up looking on with a soft tint to her cheeks. While initially a bit puzzled she was easily able to pick up that she was talking about joining the expedition. As she gave her name she was preparing to respond back with her own happily in kind though the much more direct compliment of calling her a beauty was quick to sink in not at all slipping past her socially oblivious mind. Her cheeks reddened up at the compliment as she fiddled with her fingers a bit losing the composure she had a second ago.

"I.. we... part of the... um... m... my name is C... Cynthia a... ah.. sorry... Cynthia is.. my name." She spoke stopping herself from reciting her last name in part due to it being a bit redundant. She fiddled with her fingers not being one so use to compliments from strangers only losing her composure once again. Her head tilted down a bit as if to try and hide under the hood a bit more as her cheeks kept their glow. She took a second to build up a bit of composure glancing back up again towards her.

"I... well... we l.. like I was saying before... we are both part of the Queen's alliance." She spoke managing to find her words a bit better at the end keeping that rosy glow on her cheeks still in part keeping herself a bit hidden away as best she could with her cloak, the table helping to let her cower away a little bit as she tried to build herself up again from the flirting. Was this really a common occurrence in this kingdom? She could deal with talking with others but she wasn't use to that talk being shifted in such a flirtatious. Thank goodness she wasn't privy to a lot more of the innuendo.

Mentioned: Zero Two Zero Two redroseknight redroseknight

Riven Siegler

If there was one thing Riven could appreciate, it was a good party.

And the Queen had gone all out for them! Hosting the celebrations in the castle’s luxurious banquet hall, the finest musicians gathered, not to mention the enormous feast laid out for them. Goddess be good, he’d be eating well tonight for sure, the man thought to himself whilst taking in the scene, watching as the kingdom’s most important nobles trickled in. Yes, yes, he’d be sure to sample all the goods on display this evening- a lesser man might lick their lips in anticipation, but instead the vagabond drank deeply from the goblet in his hand, half-heartedly listening to the pair of fledgling merchants he was currently conversing with.

On this most auspicious of occasions he had gone all out to ensure he was splendidly dressed. Donning supple suede breeches along with a silk violet doublet accent, decorated in silver filigree… a few strangers had even asked if he were a foreign dignitary! Needless to say he was flattered, and was pleased to have made such a good impression. Of course, he’d have to make the rounds to reconnect with his circle of existing acquaintances, not to mention meeting the rest of their little travelling posse, but the sun was just setting now, and he planned to be up until it rose again.

The man’s line of thought was disrupted at the minor commotion of the Queen’s Captain dragging a young woman of the church off towards one of the hallways. His interest piqued, the dark-haired fellow downed the rest of his drink before hastily excusing himself to investigate. Hovering by one of the archways, Riven could observe and eavesdrop in on the proceedings. The boy Captain, Lucien, was throwing out accusations of espionage and seemed ready to toss her in the dungeons, simply for glancing at the queen. The way his expression darkened when Vivienne tried to calm him... yep, he practically radiated moody and misunderstood loner. No wonder the patrols kept muttering complaints about him under their breath. But, in all fairness, growing up sucked, and most teenagers were little shits to some degree- he certainly had been! All the same, the outburst provided an opening, one he could certainly capitalize on.

“Oh c’mon Captain, you might scare the lady behaving in such an uncouth manner. Hardly the proper way to greet our fellow companions, is it?” the young man tuts whilst drawing near, a lazy grin softening the admonishment. Upon drawing as close as he dared to the party, he offers a quick bow to her Grace before addressing the fair ruler. “Forgive me, my Queen, but I’ve been so looking forward to getting to know the rest of the team I had to come by. And what a first impression they make!” Riven laughs lightly, waving to Lucien as he does so. “You are indeed the Captain, correct? I’ve heard much of your keen observations and skill with a blade, and they don’t do you justice. Sharp as a tack, mmhm, no doubt about that.” he offers as a greeting to the dark-haired boy- he looked just as menacing up close, but given that the older man hadn’t been stabbed yet, he figured he was doing a decent job. “But uh, if you don’t mind me saying, Sir, you’ll do better catching flies with honey than vinegar. Don’t get me wrong! I’m sure you have the best intentions protecting her Highness and all, but we’re all friends here you know… well, soon-to-be friends hopefully. Might as well be, errr… cordial with each other, right? Here, let me give you a demonstration.” He then turns his attention to the priestess, giving her a gentle smile as he stoops over to meet her at eye level. “Please forgive the intrusion, Miss. I’m Riven- who might you be?”

spookie spookie
Ace Cream Ace Cream

Last edited:

• ━Mazi━

1581665021301.png

Mazi lays with her head down, her face hot and her head dizzy. She wants to raise her head up, but she just can't. She closes her eyes and begins to think.

"Oh man, I really shouldn't have drank all that rum at once. I'm kind of hungry, isn't their going to be food? Wait, where am I? Where did that cute girl go? Is she still beside me?" Mazi's collection of thoughts grow more and more sloppy, her mind feels like a whirlpool. Unaware of what's going on around her until she hears a different girl talking, it isn't the one shes been talking to. "The woman's voice is right beside me... wait a second did someone just call me a beauty? A bard? Is she going to sing, for me?" Mazi's adrenaline starts to kick in, sobering her up a bit. She composes one last thought before raising her head to speak, "Man, I wonder is she is going with us, if she is... I'm gonna need to find out the color of her underwear." Deviantly grinning, laughing to her self in short continuous bursts "hm hm hm hm" she begins to raise her head to the two girls talking. - Mazi is quite the idiot, sometimes.

"My name is Mazi, plea - hiccup - please hurry up and write a son - hiccup - song about me, my under-w-wear are blue if that'll help with the s-song, maybe you'll wanna sing about yours too?" Mazi looks the woman dead in the eyes. She is serious. Drunk or not, she is ready to hear a song... and find our the color of her underwear.

Realizing how pretty the woman actually is she changes her train of thought, "Oh wow, you're so pretty, you better watch - hiccup - out or I might eat you all up..." Mazi sticks her tongue out, revealing one of her fangs, or well, a tooth that is sharper than the others. She closes her eyes and begins to mumble... "Eat, food, hungry, human, cute girl, gonna bite...mmm." She finishes with a laugh, drunken Mazi thought the last part would be funny, and even if it wasn't, it sure gave her quite the cackle.

If only Randolph could see her now, he'd be disappointed but by no means surprised. After the mess that just came out of Mazi's mouth, I wouldn't be surprised if the woman would see Mazi as a lost cause and skitter off...

Suddenly the girl beside her begins to speak, she had tried to tell Mazi her name several times, getting cut off or distracted every time. Finally the girl says her name to the bard, "Cynthia", probably also hoping to hear a song, or at least that's what Mazi thought.

Mazi listens as the girl can barely speak, she feels warm inside. Her mature, motherly instincts kicking in, she felt as if the girl was shy and uncomfortable and she just wanted to surround her in warmth and let her know everything was going to be okay... When Mazi is drunk, she can sometimes also get emotional.

"I think whart Cynthar wants to sar is that you're a really - hiccup - beautifur woman and she warnts to hear you sing" Slurring her words, but trying her best not to, as not to disrespect the Queen. Surely Lucien was going to raise hell she thought, if he ever noticed.

Turning around, she gives Cynthia a thumbs up, grinning with a small fang poking through (it's the thought that counts, right?), she turns around to look back at the bard, before falling backwards, towards Cynthia and her seat, her head falling into her lap.

The smell of rum probably hitting the poor girl right in the face at this point.

Mazi is now at her limit, she needs to rest her head for a bit. All of the rum she decided to swallow down all at once is starting to hit her. Her eyes droop, her mouth slightly open, weazing slightly as she breathes in and out. A sight to behold.

"It's - hiccup - okar cynthur, dont worrer your lap is com-comfortable" smiling up at Cynthia. The poor girl is going to be scarred for life...

Hanarei Hanarei redroseknight redroseknight

(Hope Mazi isn't too annoying, she won't always be this way. She learns her lesson and doesn't want to be seen that way in front of everyone again. She didn't expect to get as drunk as she did.)

1581664976612.png

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
Montmorancy

Momo wasn't ready for this, but she didn't resist as Lucien dragged her towards the queen herself. The light! The light! She should refrain herself from shooting the queen with her eye beam. Even though the beam itself was nothing more than intense light and as such was harmless, she would die from embarassment if that ever happen.

"Remember 3 C, remember 3 C," Momo mumbled to herself as she tried to calm herself down and was able to keep her eyes only let out a few sparkles. Unlike the guard boy, the queen immediately recognize her as a priestess. As expected of the wise and intelligent queen! No details left unnoticed!

And then the queen asked her reason for watching from afar...

As expected of the wise and intelligent queen! No details left unnoticed!

"That's... ah, it's rather embarassing... But..." Stumbling for answer, Momo was panicking since she was afraid that the queen would be creeped out if she know the answer. Fortunately, a savior descended in the form of a young man with faint scar on his face. Based on his introduction, this Riven seemed to implies that he's one of the person that would be sent on the mission, her would be companion. Yes, the mission! A nice topic to shift the conversation. Thank you, Riven! Momo noted to give Riven a gratitude gift later.

"It's fine, really, but thank you for your concern sir Riven. Captain Lucien here is just doing his job and I can confidently say that he has been doing a splendid one!" Momo showed her bright smile to both Riven and Lucien, and of course the queen too.

"I should introduce myself. I am Montmorancy- Montmorancy Luminise." Momo opted to introduce herself with her official name. While she never have any last name due to the social caste of her homeland, here in Paradisia she was raised by the central church and as such, she bears the name Luminise just like most orphans who were raised there, it simply means 'child of light'. She focused her attention back to the queen.

"The Central appointed me as their representative, I am lacking in many ways but I will put my very life to make sure that the mission would be succesful. I will not disappoint you, your majesty."

• ━lucien━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
    All the attention suddenly cast upon him for his so-called error in judgement had left Lucien feeling mortified, and a mortified Lucien was an angry Lucien. It took everything in him not to draw his sword and at the very least intimidate these morons, but that would reflect badly on the Queen, and so he just barely held his temper in check.

"Scaring potential enemies is a major part of my job," Lucien snapped at the man with the scarred face who had so rudely inserted himself into a situation not concerning him.

He was nearly squirming with rage as the strangers both addressed Queen Vivienne, but Lucien did not speak as she placed a comforting arm around his stiffened shoulder.

"My dear Lucien is always one to make a lasting first impression," she said with a giggle, "but he really is one of the most gifted swordsmen I've had the luck of encountering, and at such a young age too. In a few years, I know he will be a legend told far beyond Paradisia's walls."

The young captain knew Vivienne was trying to stop him from further alienating his future team, and this annoyed him greatly. He responded with a quiet hmph as his face grew poutier than ever, despite the light flush of red developing on his usually pale complexion. If only she could see him that way now...

Once the attention of the obnoxious intruders was returned to him, Lucien had recovered to his usual icy self.

"Yes, I am. Flattery may work with commoners and children, but it will get you nowhere with me. It has been made my duty to serve as your leader, and I will take such a role seriously. But make no mistake, I am not your friend, nor anyone else's. My loyalties lie with Paradisia and Queen Vivienne alone."

He offered them all a haughty glare, though its effectiveness was probably reduced due to the fact he'd had to look up at each person, save for the priestess, to do so.

"Alright, Lucien," Vivienne said softly, focusing her attention once again on Riven and Montmorancy as they spoke.

"Ah yes, I remember you, Momo. Welcome, and welcome to you as well, Riven!"

(be sure to read the end part of Luka's post before you reply, thanks!)

Ace Cream Ace Cream
    clarinetti clarinetti

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
"I've seen it all . . . .

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
Askar Milwr
("The Woodsman")

With: Queen Vivienne, Lucien, Luka
[/div]
The forest was always quiet in the morning- it was Kar's favorite time of day. He would sit out on the stoop in front of his house, eyes closed, breathing deeply, enjoying the smell of the dirt and trees, the rustling the morning breeze made through the oak leaves, the slanting shafts of sunlight that fell upon his face. In this place, he had found peace, and he was determined to enjoy his last day here to the fullest, as he prepared to leave that peace and set out to serve his land and her ruler once more.

He spent most of the day setting his cabin in order. He prepared the food he would be taking with him, and carefully wrapped and preserved what he would be leaving behind- dried herbs and fruit, salted strips of animal meat, several wheels of cheese, a small casket of ale... Kar was a man of simple pleasures, and he loved food. He was always enthusiastic about procuring, preserving, preparing and consuming it.

He did a bit of cleaning, made sure the firewood was stocked, and assured himself that nothing was forgotten or out of place. He sharpened and polished his axe, which he used mostly as a tool but would also serve as his primary weapon on this journey, unless they encountered some greater foe. Then, he grabbed his longsword out of the corner where it had sat, untouched, for so many years. He pulled it from its sheath, a grim expression coming to his face as he recalled all the battles he had fought with it, all the comrades who had fallen beside him even as he carried on. Picking up the sword again let a tremendous weight re-enter his heart.

The moment gone, he proceeded to sharpen and polish it, as he had done with the axe, before placing it back within its sheath, rising from his chair, and trying the weapon to his belt. When he stepped out from his cabin and strode away from his home, not knowing whether he would ever see it again, the Woodsman of the last eight years was no longer the only face he presented to the world- the Soldier had returned.

*****​

When he arrived at the palace, Kar sighed heavily. It had been years since the last time he'd attended a function here and, though he had accepted the request Queen Vivienne had made of him, and felt it was his duty to defend the land from the grave threat it now faced, he couldn't help but feel regretful at having to abandon the calm, quiet life that had made him happy since he'd resigned his commission and left the army for good.

He stepped through the grand palace doors, recalling the last time he had done so, awash with memories of his previous life as he looked around. Some things had changed, but overall the palace was still the same- grand marble, gilded curtains and velvet carpet, beautiful sculptures and giant tapestries... He walked with a steady, measured tread as he passed grand staterooms paneled in mahogany and music rooms with elaborate moldings and rooms for dining or dancing with great, glittering chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. He was glad to be leaving in the morning.

Finally, he made it to the banquet hall, where those who were to go on this quest would be sent off in style with a fabulous feast, commendations from many eminent nobles and other important personages of Paradisia and, of course, the Queen's blessing. He saw her almost as soon as he walked in- resplendant and youthful as always in a gown of pearls and silk. She was, at the moment, receiving a magnificent sample of rock candy from the be-ribboned Kitria whom Kar had seen in passing once or twice at the town marketplace, and attended by the captain of her guard.

He stepped forward and bowed respectfully, omitting the heel click and stiff salute he would have included in his military days.

"My Queen," he greeted Vivienne in his low voice, "it has been a long time. It is good to see you are well."
. . . . it was enough."
[/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hover tags & hidden scroll
The forest was always quiet in the morning- it was Kar's favorite time of day. He would sit out on the stoop in front of his house, eyes closed, breathing deeply, enjoying the smell of the dirt and trees, the rustling the morning breeze made through the oak leaves, the slanting shafts of sunlight that fell upon his face. In this place, he had found peace, and he was determined to enjoy his last day here to the fullest, as he prepared to leave that peace and set out to serve his land and her ruler once more.

He spent most of the day setting his cabin in order. He prepared the food he would be taking with him, and carefully wrapped and preserved what he would be leaving behind- dried herbs and fruit, salted strips of animal meat, several wheels of cheese, a small casket of ale... Kar was a man of simple pleasures, and he loved food. He was always enthusiastic about procuring, preserving, preparing and consuming it.

He did a bit of cleaning, made sure the firewood was stocked, and assured himself that nothing was forgotten or out of place. He sharpened and polished his axe, which he used mostly as a tool but would also serve as his primary weapon on this journey, unless they encountered some greater foe. Then, he grabbed his longsword out of the corner where it had sat, untouched, for so many years. He pulled it from its sheath, a grim expression coming to his face as he recalled all the battles he had fought with it, all the comrades who had fallen beside him even as he carried on. Picking up the sword again let a tremendous weight re-enter his heart.

The moment gone, he proceeded to sharpen and polish it, as he had done with the axe, before placing it back within its sheath, rising from his chair, and trying the weapon to his belt. When he stepped out from his cabin and strode away from his home, not knowing whether he would ever see it again, the Woodsman of the last eight years was no longer the only face he presented to the world- the Soldier had returned.

*****​

When he arrived at the palace, Kar sighed heavily. It had been years since the last time he'd attended a function here and, though he had accepted the request Queen Vivienne had made of him, and felt it was his duty to defend the land from the grave threat it now faced, he couldn't help but feel regretful at having to abandon the calm, quiet life that had made him happy since he'd resigned his commission and left the army for good.

He stepped through the grand palace doors, recalling the last time he had done so, awash with memories of his previous life as he looked around. Some things had changed, but overall the palace was still the same- grand marble, gilded curtains and velvet carpet, beautiful sculptures and giant tapestries... He walked with a steady, measured tread as he passed grand staterooms paneled in mahogany and music rooms with elaborate moldings and rooms for dining or dancing with great, glittering chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. He was glad to be leaving in the morning.

Finally, he made it to the banquet hall, where those who were to go on this quest would be sent off in style with a fabulous feast, commendations from many eminent nobles and other important personages of Paradisia and, of course, the Queen's blessing. He saw her almost as soon as he walked in- resplendant and youthful as always in a gown of pearls and silk. She was, at the moment, receiving a magnificent sample of rock candy from the be-ribboned Kitria whom Kar had seen in passing once or twice at the town marketplace, and attended by the captain of her guard.

He stepped forward and bowed respectfully, omitting the heel click and stiff salute he would have included in his military days.

"My Queen," he greeted Vivienne in his low voice, "it has been a long time. It is good to see you are well."

Last edited:
Filomena enjoyed the pink flush on Cynthia's cheeks, and she laughed at how the girl pulled at her hood to try to hide her embarrassment. Oh she was going to be an easy mark to toy with on this journey! The other woman was quite intoxicated, Mena had seen that far more often than not in the places that she played, and she laughed at the rather scandalous remark from the intoxicated woman made about her undergarments. Oh dear, this was an interesting one! Filomena was going to be playing with fire with the flirtatious drunk, though she gave equal attention to that sweet faced, innocent young Cynthia. Oh, both were going to provide much entertainment!

"Sweet Cynthia, as delicate as the apple blossoms in the spring!" the bard complimented then looked to Mazi. A smirk curled on her lips, and she shrugged her shoulders. "I might be willing to incorporate the color of your undergarments, but I'd have to see them first hand before I can put them to song. I have to verify everything myself, you see," she teased with a little purr to her voice. Filomena was a woman who often got into trouble from the amount of women that she wooed. All of these women tried to gain the heart of a bard, a woman who spoke romance and sung songs dedicated to it..yet it always seemed to elude her. Love was an illusion.

"Ah, it seems our friend has had enough to need to rest for the night. Do not worry, I shall provide a song for you to help you pass the time, Lady Cynthia." She began to strum the strings of her lute, fingers moving over the fretboard to hold the appropriate chords.

"My lady's eyes are like the skies,
A soft and sunlit blue.
None other fair could half compare
in sweet midsummer's hue

My lady's eyes cannot disguise
her tender, gentle heart
She cannot feign, she feels my pain
whenever we must part,"

The bard sang, thinking back to her very first love. Her heart ached as she did so, and she had a bittersweet smile upon her lips.

"Now while I live I needs must give
her all my love and more
That she may know I worship so
this one that I adore

And while away I long, I pray
the days may speed and then,
I heartward lie, I speed, I fly
to see her eyes again"

She stepped closer to Cynthia and Mazi and she sang and played her lute, her attention moving between the two of them. She also acknowledged a small crowd that had begun to form as the bard performed. The ending of her song was coming up, and she wanted it to connect with her audience.

"My lady's eyes, each glance I prize,
as gentle as a dove,
and would that I could tell her why
I dare not speak my love

Too high as far as any star,
her station is to mine
too wide a space to e'er embrace,
beneath her..I repine."

She strummed a few extra notes at the end then performed a sweeping bow to the small smattering of applause for her little performance. The bard inwardly frowned since she hadn't drawn nearly as much attention to herself as she had been hoping for. That would have filled her pockets nicely if she had.

@Mui, Hanarei Hanarei

26220_1CpYVu2r.png
In all of Artorius's life, he had never seen a place more beautiful. It's as if he's walked into the realm of the goddess, the marble architecture, the large windows, even the furniture. It was beyond anything he could have imagined. Artorius just stood there in the entrance, taking everything in he just couldn't believe what was before him.

Feeling a bumb at his shoulder had brought Artorius back into reality. Other guests had been moving around him and one had managed to brush past his shoulder. Drawn in by the swift scent of food Artorius made his way deeper into the dining hall, keepin a watchfull eyes as he wandered about. An old habit of his.

One thing he noticed were the other guests, they seemed so clean and proper with such fancy and elaborat cloth. It was a stark contrast with Artorius's rough appearance and patchy clothing, he'd lost count of all the times he's crudly sown up tears in his jacket. It made Artorius feel out of place.

Though one thing that made him forget all of that, the food. Having only eaten cheap jerky and stale bread for month on end nearly makes a man go feral when he smells a cooked meal. Taking an empty seat he immediately took a roasted turkey leg in one hand and went to town on it. Never in his life Artorius had never tasted something this good. He was too engrossed with the food to notice the odd looks he was getting, deffiently worried at the lack of manners this man was displaying.

"Ed' Amithalaea ba'thond, amin naa telwa!" A panicky voice squeaked, rising several octaves.
TL: By Amithalaea's gnarled root, I am late!

A man-at-arms of the Royal Guard cocked his head curiously and spotted just one out of many carriages from the throng of party-goers and dignitaries arriving for the farewell ball. A young woman in a dark-green dress with billowy sleeves all but stumbled out of the modest carriage in her haste, legs going a mile a minute before they even hit the ground. She tripped forwards in a mess of gracefully flowing silver-blonde hair but regained her composure by bumping into the back of a stately warrior who appeared to be admiring the palace's architecture.

"Oops, my deepest regrets-! Coming through--" She bowed apologetically to the man, barely noticing his dark hair before hurrying away.

Wandering Sky cursed her luck, even though the only reason she was late was entirely her fault. Master Callaharn the merchant whom she had stayed with after arriving just a few days ago had been so kind as to expeditiously provide her with a tailored dress. She'd only agreed after the generous man convinced her that it would be a waste not to take this last chance to dress well before the expedition. The one thing she didn't expect was how many clasps and ribbons were required to fasten the whole thing together.

As she rushed up the extravagant stairway, she reached around to the vibrantly embroidered satchel at her waist. Fair olive fingers sank into the soft plush cloth and the girl sighed. The prior night she dreamt that she left the gift behind, and had stood empty-handed before the Great Queen to the jeering laughter of a crowd of Stone Dwellers. Fearless Bear would've surely rapped her soundly on the dome for such sloppy behaviour. But at least, she had taken care of that part. The bundle of Moonglimmer cloth was safe by her side, ready to be delivered. The way things were going, since she was already late she might as well take a moment to compose herself. She had hoped to arrive early before the palace got too crowded. That way, she could pass the gift to the queen without having to stand in front of a multitude of people. She could just imagine their beady eyes scrutinizing her every move. Even the mere thought made her squirm.

Her fleeting feet slowed as she came to the top of the stairs until she ground to a complete stop as a multisensory array of happenings hit the forest girl square between the eyes. The first was the sheer number of people already gathered.

And by Swift Falcon's stinky loincloths! The space and beauty of the hall! Cerulean eyes trailed one exquisitely carved marble column as it rose like a rising stone serpent from twisting in elaborate swirls until it branched up into the ceiling. And boy, even the ceilings were anything but bare. With detailed paints and sculptured work. She craned her neck in an attempt to admire the ceiling painting in its entirety but soon found herself getting light-headed. Clutching at her cheeks in wonder, Wandering Sky began her dazed walk through the maze of people; her earlier thoughts about passing on her people's tribute to the queen all but forgotten.

◦ ✧ ◦​

The ravenous warrior savaged the roasted morsel of avian leg as if he hadn't eaten in a month. He'd been so engrossed in ripping the delicious strands of protein that he probably failed to notice the pair of eyes that almost seemed to stare holes right through his head. That was until the silent stalker spoke up.

"That's... that's not how you do it, right?" If he were to turn and look, he would see a girl with platinum hair, a worried looked plastered on her face.

Captain Spooks Captain Spooks

Riven Siegler
The Adder

The man didn’t need to look over to guess that the young Captain was glaring daggers his way. Lucien’s words were sharp, surely meant to instill fear in him, and to be truthful his angry visage was something fierce- something had ruffled the boy’s feathers. Frankly though, he couldn’t bring himself to really care, instead basking in the glow of the lovely Miss Momo’s smile. She called him a sir, a knight in essence, and as incorrect as the calculation might be he was enamoured by the minor praise, his small smile breaking out into a full-on grin. As the priestess addressed the Queen and pledged her life to their cause, he caught the way the young lady’s eyes sparkled, even as a trace of nerves lingered in her expression. Ohoho, it was certain he’d made a fine impression on this woman- she was unquestionably enamoured by his charm and manners! Internally he chuckled at this development, maintaining a polite silence as the boy Captain snapped at him and a few more joined their little conversation.

The cat-like one was a conundrum to his eyes- he’s heard stories aplenty, but this was his first encounter with one of the Kitrian people (Was that how they referred to themselves? He made a note to ask them at some point). He wondered what the little cat-boy would do if he simply plucked one from his satchel- as amusing as it might be though, it wasn’t worth causing a scene in front of the Queen. Observing the creature’s mannerisms led Riven to one certainty- they definitely took after their feline familiars. Gentle and charming one moment, yowling and ill-tempered the next- typical cat attitude… cattitude, if you will.
“Mmph, well that’s good- I didn’t want some anyway.” he huffed under his breath, glancing to the side as he did so.

The sullen facade was forgotten however as the old duff drew forth to greet the queen. Of all the guests he’d noticed so far this evening, this one was definitely the toughest, gruffest looking of the lot. Probably had a decade’s experience on himself, at least… sombre demeanour aside, Riven would in truth be glad to have a hard nut like that accompanying them. Whether he’d make good company on the road remained to be seen, but the coffee-skinned man suspected this one knew how to handle himself, which was more than he could say than some one of the other’s he’d seen milling about.

As the Queen and older man conversed, Riven’s attention turned back to the dark-haired sourpuss pouting off to the side. Psh, let him get it out of his system- sooner or later he’d figure out that those who act like children are treated as such. If he seriously hoped to see this expedition through, the boy was going to have to grow a thicker skin, and Riven would be more than happy to help him along. For tonight though, the nomad sensed that prodding the incensed man further wouldn’t serve any purpose, lest he sought a sword in his belly.
“All jokes aside, Captain, we are now, at the very least, allies of a sort. Our journey will undoubtably be a trying ordeal, and bickering amongst ourselves will not lighten our burdens.” the adorned man begins, eyeing Lucien as he did so. It really was a shame the kid was so sour for his age- he’d be a pretty lad if he didn’t frown so much, probably have all the noble girls trailing him if he could shut his damn mouth. “As the queen has placed her trust in you, so too will I- your word is absolute. So then, let’s do our best to get along, hmm? You get back to me on that.” he offers, a knowing grin on his face before returning to address the young priestess. “Well, Lady Montmorancy, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. And I can see you’re more than capable of handling yourself- I hope my interjection did not infer otherwise. Pray tell me, for in truth I know scarce of your noble institution- how you do find life in the Church? What work do you tend to, as a priestess of the order?”

Mentions spookie spookie
Ace Cream Ace Cream
Ayama Ayama

IMG_1326.JPGTia was sitting in the dungeon waiting to be released and be taken to the banquet. She sighed as she sat on the floor. This had been an interesting week. This was like the first time she ever been caught...well the not first time but it was rare, not only had she gotten caught, but she was put in the dungeon on top of it. She tried to look for an escape but there was none. She wasn't quite sure how long they had planned to leave her in there which she did not want to admit worried her slightly. Though when Queen Viviane herself came down to ask her to join this quest Tia couldn't help but grin. Of course, she was going to do it if meant she was a free woman. Plus sounded like fun. The problem was though they weren't letting her out until the day of the banquet. She somehow wasn't surprised by that. Probably didn't trust her to run off......Which they weren't wrong she might have. Having to stay wasn't too bad though. One of the guards that were stationed to watch her, she had managed to scare the shit out of him and make him get her some booze. She managed to drink it all and pass out before the others found out. She was soon watched over by a new guard who wasn't so easy to scare. Unfortunately, that meant she went sober for the rest of the week which was torture for many reasons.

Tia's head snapped up when she heard footsteps and saw some guards come to her cell. "Finally you made it! What took you boys so long huh?" She said cheerfully. "Shut it and come on." Said the guard. Tia got up and walked out of the cell. Before she got any further the guard took her hands and put them behind her. "Hey what are you-" She stopped talking when she suddenly heard a click and felt something on her wrists. "...Seriously man?" Tia said as she looked up at the guard who was now standing next to her. "Yes really. Do you seriously think we are going to take our chances on you? What if you try to escape?" "Look man I'm too sober to even bother." The guard grunted and started leading the way to the banquet hall and Tia followed with two guards behind her.

When Tia reached the banquet hall it was hard not to have flashbacks. It made her think of the dinner parties her parents threw.........it was suffocating. Tia didn't look very well dressed for a banquet heck she wasn't even really cleaned up. Her hair was wavy and a bit wild, there were scratches on her face arms and legs and tear in one of her gloves. Well, it couldn't be helped she had been in a dungeon for a straight week. When the guard noticed she had stopped he ushered her to come on. They walked up to the table and he made her sit down and then took the cuffs off her. She rubbed her wrist and looked at three guards behind her. Apparently, they were planning watching her for the entire banquet. "Great...." Whatever they could do what they wanted. All she cared about was the spread on the table. And boy did it look good. All she needed was something to drink.....She quickly glanced around for a servant. "Hey, your doll face come here!" She yelled out to one of them. The girl's face went red out of embarrassment and walked over. "Um yes?" Tia smiled innocently. "I'm going to need you to bring two bottles of your best wine....actually make that five." The servant wasn't sure if she could do that. She finally nodded and quickly headed to the kitchen. "Finally! I can drink my ass off!" She yelled excitedly. She then started pilling up her plate with food. The guards didn't seem to care what she did as long as she didn't cause trouble or try to run. Not that it mattered she could have been gone the moment she was out of that cell. But honestly, this quest sounded like quite the adventure and she actually kind of wanted to do it. When the servant girl brought the bottles Tia eyes lit up and she snatched them from her and opened one. "Bottoms up." She said as she took her first swing.

(OPEN FOR INTERACTION)

0A1Ti0K.jpg

Cynthia Adstrum
Cynthia was rather embarrassed as the bard compared her to an apple blossom. It wasn't exactly a compliment if taken literally though she read enough to know about poetry to know it wasn't meant to be a one for one comparison. The fact she said she was as delicate might of sounded more like an insult but the tone she used made it quite clear it was meant as a compliment. She was far too overthinking things... or more so likely doing so to quell how shy it made it act in being spoken to in such a way. Sure she had been flustered before by being addressed in high praise before but it was far different with how much further the bard had went.

Mazi's words were rather questioning to her. Why exactly did it matter the color of your panties? Her comment on what Filomena was intending didn't very much help her to keep less flustered. It was made that much worst when the intoxicated women suddenly laid her head on her lap further making the girl glow. Her hands had lifted up in the air to her sides as if in fear of touching her as she was frozen in place unsure how to react. It went far past the personal boundary... not that she was the type to care or even think much about it herself but if she did it clearly was beyond that point. She wasn't the type to just rudely push someone away either, so for her she was more so stuck there as she laid her head upon her lap. She bit her bottom lip trying to settle herself down, though the bard had other plans.

"S...s..song? W.. .wait L.. Lady.. I.. that's not..." She muttered fumbling her words though her feeble voice didn't stop the woman from serenading her with a song. She blushed deep red glancing about as it seemed to draw attention more to herself as she directed her song at her and Mazi. She only wanted to hide away but with Mazi on her lap she had little ability to do such a thing. Her hands lifted meekly tugging at her cloak pulling on the hood as if to hide away more though the hood only able to cover up so much unable to completely hide her face or eyes. Sure enough as she sang a small crowd began to gather making her that much more embarrassed to be entangled into things like that. She was completely out of her element at the moment.

With the song coming to an end she heard an applause glancing about shyly as she seemed unfamiliar with such a reaction. She finally let go of her hood joining in giving a light clap as if still trying to lessen her presence while giving praise to the song. She had read about people clapping or applauding before in the books though it was not something that was noted all the time. She was never sure just how much of what they did in the books was actual common practice or if it was just for show in a story. She felt embarrassed though she felt like she had to say something biting back her embarrassment.

"Th.. that song was beautiful.. but at the same time quite sad. Not being able to tell someone you love them since there is no way for you to see them again." She spoke lightly her hands tempting to lower onto her lap though stopping short realizing Mazi was still laying comfortably in it. Perhaps she was a bit too presumptuous but for her the lyrics seemed to read to her in head in that regard, someone who has long since passed away or it would be impossible to ever see again. Then again she was probably being far too swept up in the words overthinking it rather then just allowing it to be a nice poetic song from the woman.

Mentioned: Zero Two Zero Two redroseknight redroseknight

Montmorancy

The queen remember meee!!! Momo's minds was filled with warm and fuzzy feeling as she celebrated such simple fact. She almost unable hold back her grin and totally ignored Lucien's sharp glare. She could felt her eyes glittering excessively right now so when the kitria came she averted her gaze downward to prevent Queen Vivienne from noticing it until she calmed down a few moments later.

Looking at Luka giving the queen a gift and his attempt to warn the other, Momo couldn't help but chuckles. She knew a bit about the kitria, she has a book filled with everything Vivienne that she gather from various means for years, including the queen's regular schedule, favorite foods and more importantly, the list of people that is closer to the queen than her. The kitria was there in the list, but unlike with Lucien, Momo didn't feel jealous at him for being that close to the queen. Probably because Luka's relation with the queen seems more like a playful master-pet relationship.

Another individual approached the queen. This person was definitely not listed in her book so Momo wasn't sure on what to think about the man except that his posture looks impressive, until the man gave the queen a salute. Ah, a soldier! It's good to have one. The man also seemed to be respectful and well-disciplined too.

The Riven man was talking to the young captain and he stated something that Momo felt she could relate with. "As the queen has placed her trust in you, so too will I-". Momo nodded along with it. Everything for Queen Vivienne! She was reluctant that Lucien would be the suitable leader for this mission, but if that's what Queen Vivienne decided then she would gladly help the boy. Riven then shifted his attention to her.

"Lady is too much, I am but a simple priestess. Please just call me Montmorency, or Momo for short and please don't mind too much about the interjection, your involvement is most welcome."

"Living in the church is a blessing for me. Everyone here in Paradisia has been so kind." While the words might sound like a suck up considering they're talking in front of the queen, Momo was truly think that way. Compared to her homeland, Paradisia lives up to its name, it's a paradise.

"Prior to this day, I've been helping high-priest Gordon with the expansion project. We are planning to expand our wings and share Sabelina's love even further." The project was currently still in its early stage with The Central sending emmisaries of good will to several settlements nearest to Paradisia. "Filling the paperworks, looking for a suitable agent and receiving their reports are a few of my tasks. It's a very mundane duty, but I feel like I will miss it. Even though we haven't even started the journey."

26220_1CpYVu2r.png

Taking another bite out of the slab of meat Artorius hear a voice call out behind him. Gulping down his last bite, and looking back at the femmanine voice. Seeing the platinum haired woman give him such a worried look Artorius realized how his actions might look to those of a noble status. "Ah right, nobles use forks," he replied giving her a friendly smile, setting the drumstick down onto a plate and picking up a fork. Holding it rather awkwardly. Artorius figured she was a noble, she certainly looked the part wearing that pretty dress.

"So, you're with the Queens Alliance as well?" Artorius asked. Opting out of continuing his meal, even he knew it was rude to talk and eat at the same time. With the small pause Artorius examined the woman, as mentioned before her bright hair is what he noticed first though with closer inspection he could notice the three white streaks on her cheek.

Lekiel Lekiel

Blessed Queen, I come on behalf of my people the Sylvernai (pause for two drops) We have answered-

"No... urgh!" The lithe young woman cringed, crumpling a piece of scrap parchment in her hands. "That's so coldly formal, if the tables could talk I bet they'd sound more lively than that!" She chided herself under her breath.

Wandering Sky fussed at a stray silver thread on her sleeve, surreptitiously stealing glances at the gathering of people stood before Queen. There was a little commotion going on before the court though the outsider did not see it as such. Her majesty seemed thoroughly entertained with whatever was going on, what with the brightest smile Wandering Sky had ever seen outshining even the glittering chandeliers up above. Perhaps she should set her gaze higher? Squint down her nose and prance with her chest puffed up? Walk up and announce in that airy voice declaring the presence of the venerable Sylvernai and their more-precious-than-life gift? That seemed to be the most widely accepted social mannerism from observation.

"That's... that's not how you do it, right?" The Sylvernai aired her thoughts unconsciously. She continued staring straight ahead in the direction of the royal assembly, quite unfazed when a dark-haired man had chosen to use his dome to obstruct her view. She was lost in thought of course, though her expression was one of intense focus.

Come to think of it, Master Callaharn had spoken about these people... what were they called again? Wandering Sky struggled to remember the word.

-nobles..-

That's it! Nobles... yes... She'd caught the tail end of a word spoken by someone in her vicinity. How quaint. She silently thanked whoever it was that had chosen that moment to coincidentally answer her thoughts. She'd heard about them nobles before. The idea that being born close to the Queen somehow made you an important person. It made no sense. The Queen was the queen because of what she achieved and would be doing-

"So, you're with the Queens Alliance as well?"

"Amin naa yassen i' tari- wait what-?" The girl blundered in surprise, realizing all too late that she was being spoken to. Cerulean blue irises widened as she caught sight of the proposer of the unexpected inquiry. A man with dark hair and a scar running across his nose and cheek was looking intently at her. It took Wandering Sky another few moments to recall his question and the fact that she'd actually already answered him albeit in her own tongue.

"Uma... I-I- yes, I mean yes... Queen's Alliance? I believe that was what it was called. Yes, I am!" She floundered her speech, biting her lower lip self-consciously. Had he been staring at her for long? Somehow she suspected that he had been. But from his expression, he looked clearly amicable. Her gaze flitted to the side for a moment, feeling a little awkward at the sudden interruption, but then she remembered her manners. She'd best compose herself, Wise As An Owl would surely chide her for her lack of poise. Crossing her right arm over her heart with palms flat, she bowed her head and dipped her knees slightly in a gesture of formal greeting among her people.

"Quel'amrun heruin, amin elee valina... Good morning my lord, your presence is welcome to my sight. I am A'raenal... or you may call me Wandering Sky. My people are the Sylvernai, the Blessed Queen has invited us to join in her acclaimed quest." She offered the man a friendly smile, followed by a question of her own.

"And to what does the sound of your calling inspire?"

Captain Spooks Captain Spooks

Last edited:

• ━lucien━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
    Luka's high, almost whispery voice had almost immediately turned harsh upon his return, and Lucien couldn't help but roll his eyes at the Kitria's actions. Woefully unprofessional, especially in public view. He should be ashamed of such behavior, the boy mused with disdain.

"Luka, you are dismissed."

It was perhaps slightly less harsh than one would expect from Lucien, but that didn't prevent the Kitria from hissing in his master's direction.

"Oh fine, Sir Lucien. By the way, I liked you better before puberty!"

With that, the feline trotted off towards Vivienne's lavish display of desserts, his hair ribbons bobbing with every dramatic step.

That had really been the last straw. Lucien simply couldn't hide his embarrassment, no matter how hard he tried to bury it under his usual frigid visage.

"How dare you," the young captain seethed under his breath, before puffing up yet again and trying to appear both unbothered and superior as he stood beside the Queen.

The next person to greet her was an older man with a grim aura, likely one of the more experienced soldiers from the Royal Army, though not one Lucien was familiar with. His words were respectful, genuine in their simplicity. Quite unlike the other pests vying for Her Majesty's attention with their unconvincing charm and claims of false friendship. Friendship. How pathetic. Such feelings were nothing short of idiotic and childish.

Vivienne returned the man's bow before she spoke. "It has, and I wish it was under better circumstances that we met again, Kar... but nonetheless, I am greatful to have someone so trustworthy amongst us."

She then turned her attention to the previously spying priestess and listened intently to her descriptions with a warm smile and occasional nod.

Whatever momentary calm Lucien had felt was soon ripped away by the insolent Riven. Placing a hand on his sword as a subtle warning to both him and everyone else, the young captain held his head high as he surveyed those around him.

"Listen up! We are together only because Her Royal Highness has a serious mission and requested our presence in it. I have absolutely no intentions of playing along with any idiotic attempts at breaking the ice, and let it be known that I despise insolence and false friendliness. We are allies however, and I pledge myself to be loyal to this quest and to those on it so long as they do not go against my judgements, but respect will be earned. I trust that this is clear, yes?"

With a flounce of his cape, Lucien crossed his arms and stood expressionlessly beside his beloved Queen, like a pretty but miserable statue in his posture and stillness.

Ayama Ayama
    Ace Cream Ace Cream
    clarinetti clarinetti

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back