• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ▽Journey to Lost city of Vesi▽ [clsd]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

ZEPHRIEL

Zephriel hugged herself as the illusion was broken, backing up to be closer to Magen and the huddled Beaux. Who... no, what was that thing in the vision, and more importantly why was it happening now? Did these nightmares ever cease? What did it mean? What was the connection? She couldn't think straight, even without the disgusting magic of this hell.

Her blue gaze fell on Caywood in a glare. She was furious at this man for making her so afraid and so comforted. Most of all she was angry that she had failed to do anything useful. All her rage was making her face red, but the fear was making her eyes glisten. Over and over again she believed she would die. It was torture to be given a spark of hope in this darkness, a sliver just enough to make her act, but small enough to make her desperate. Now it was snatched from her.

"What do you want from us?" Zephriel was shouting, the matted feathers of her wings fluffing up in fear. "Why not kill us already? Have we not suffered enough?"

She only hoped the others would hear her shouts and know not to enter the spa. Zeph was terrified of this man, but if one insect could evade the spider's web she would be elated from the spite. As for herself there was little hope. She was outnumbered, defenseless, and her companions were injured. She knew this, Caywood knew this, but what she did not know was why. Something made them special, apparently, and she was hoping to get some answers.

Flynyas

The duo left the storage room, weapons hidden beneath cloth, prepared for the assault. Mari was patiently, or empty-minded, waiting for them outside. When they were at her side, Anziium made the first attack. We knew Mari was strong, but she proved to be fast as well. Within a moment she had him pinned. Flynyas rushed to assist and attempted to land a blow against the back of her head with his quarterstaff. However, be it from shock, fear, or just the general nature of possessing a smaller form, the blow seemed to hardly faze the attendant at all.

Gods damn it!

In normal situations, Flynyas had the opportunity to enchant this quarterstaff at the start of a fight. By channeling magic in to it, he could magically enhance his control over the weapon in addition to intensifying the blow (Shillelagh). He did not have this luxury at this time.

Fortunately, his tiefling comrade proved capable of defending himself, utilizing his extra appendage to knock the attendant back from himself. The spell having worked earlier against the eel-like creatures in the cavern, and his own strength not proving favorable, he dropped the quarterstaff and rushed towards the back of the staggering figure. One palm extended facing up, and the other turning over on top of it, his thumbs met the opposing hands little finger, leaving the remaining three fingers touching the bottom of the other hand's palm. He made this motion whilst moving forward and muttering incantation, until when in range he thrust both hands out to touch her back (Hold Person).

"Strike now! If not capable of stopping her that should have at least slowed her down!"

Himself not knowing whether the spell took effect or to what degree, he shouted this to Anziium and took a step back to draw his own dagger for a followup attack.

Magen stepped in front of Zephriel in order to be as much of a guardian as she could at present. One of her arms might be useless and she might not have her shield, but she was as always a protector at heart. And if she had to go down in order to keep the others safe so that they could find a way to defeat this great evil, then so be it. But she wasn't going to make it be easy on her Captors. Caywood held a special place in her heart that she reserved only for the greatest of monsters, those that toyed with the hearts and minds of those around them. Magen was not the most peaceful person in the world, even if she preferred advocating for peace, but after all the suffering that he has caused, not only to them, but all the others that he has lured to their deaths, she would love nothing more than to crush the life out of him by strangling his windpipe and watching his eyes become dim.

Under normal circumstances, she would be most appalled that such a thought could even enter her own mind, as it was so far from who she is, or at least was. But this was a monster pure and simple and the flat out anger that she had in her heart was at least fighting back against the dark mind magics in her own way, so that she was trying to hold onto it as best as she could.

Magen was waiting for an answer from Kaywood, but if he tried taking any steps closer to Zephriel, she was going to charge the mage to keep the librarian safe from his grasp.

JOD

Nobody_314 Nobody_314 TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Trektek Trektek Juju Juju

The puppeted woman didn't stand a chance. Her own ability to grasp reality was stretched thin, merely held aloft by invisible back-minded strings among what could be a hundred others. Her form over taken by the spell; seemingly which seemed to grow more powerful with each use. Whatever held back Flynyas' amount of magic seemed to be withering. As her neck was slit, the blackness spilled from her eyes and out her throat in the form of ichor. Her eyes drained of color except the thankful glance of purple irises looking to Anziium, only for a few seconds before they crumbled away with the rest of her relieved body. A grateful sigh escaping her lips among the gurgles of pulses of ichor seeping from her neck and mouth.

Beaux sheltered as far as he could into the corner away from the GE approaching him. Even with the soothing command of Caywood, GE glared at Beaux as he returned the syringe to his pocket. The thin, clear liquid being jostled around and stirring up the white cloud within.

Caywood clasped his gloved hands together and gave a hearty chuckle, his eyes smiling at the two ladies. "Why, we don't kill here down in Infinite. It all returns into the circle of life, my dears. One soul simply harvested and consumed by a bigger predator, which will eventually be consumed and returned to the earth to feed the weak ones once again and give life to the large elements at play." His creepily soothing words had truth to them, however predatory sounding. "Resisting all of my wonderfully crafted mechanics and potions and spells..." He sighed, a slight annoyance to his posture and countenance. "You are very special indeed. I could tell from whence the first moment you arrived. Leave us!" He clapped his hands twice and all the attendants reluctantly began to leave, leaving him, Magen and Zephriel. The third absent.

"You wish to leave, I assume? We have a special policy that we have enacted for those that leave. Perhaps you have figured out my game?" He chuckled and walked over to the reception desk, leaning against it all too casually.

"Those that escape are given a choice, since there is no possible escape without killing me or my wonderful sponsor Hiss Moirtar... We offer a choice. Become the acid in her children's stomach to melt their companions, or live without choice in our haven farm for Moirtar. You may have noticed their glossed eyes? Yes... Our lovely Milken eyes, of course, where would we be without them. They have pledged to remain in line with our ideals and justice, so they may keep their mind, however their soul bounded. Oh and my favorite children..." He chuckled all too gleefully, "I get a personal chance at my own puppetry for once with those that disobey past their chances of survival one too many times. Their bodies physically punished and their minds eternally banished.

So, as of such, we have decided to embrace the flaws of our potions and magic, because it supplied more Harvesters for our farm. I can only offer you the choice of accepting your fate peacefully, before I break your bodies into my own will.
" His solid black eyes turned a bright crimson red, accompanied by a smirk. He stood from his lean, a pair of white swan-like wings bursting out from his back, the feathers falling away and leaving the shriveled skin of grey bat-like wings instead.

"Run if you must. Or accept your infinite fate with our benevolent sponsor."

Anziium
There had been little delay in Anziium’s reaction, the blade of the dagger coming into contact with the delicate flesh of the attendant’s throat. From what he remembered from the cavern room where he initially met Flynyas, this spell was similar, if not the same from before. Knowing Mari would remain locked in place, at least for a short duration, he had not faltered in striking at the opportunity to eliminate the threat. While it wasn’t her fault, she too having been an unfortunate visitor of the island, she was now an obstacle in the way of their escape, lest they end up like her and the tormented souls on this accursed location.

Jagged metal scored through Mari’s throat, the gush of blackened, tar-like blood signalling the slicing of her jugular. Although the elven woman was no longer herself, a minute sensation of guilt blossomed within the tiefling’s chest, he ushering a swift prayer for whatever fragment of her soul remained trapped here. Her thick blood ran heavily down the blade of his weapon as the manipulated whispers of their capturers dismissed from her mind; the flash of her own purple eyes, free of corruption, erased his own hostility in an instant as he stepped forward to support her weight. “Release her, she’s not able to harm us now.” Upon her release from Flynyas’s magical hold, the tiefling gently rest the now deceased woman’s body upon the cavern’s floor, crossing her arms neatly over her chest.

Slowly bringing his gaze away from her still face, Anziium ushered a defeated sigh. “While I do understand the necessity in exterminating her, I do feel considerably awful about it. At the very least, she’ll no longer be manipulated, used.” The statement was more along the lines of making himself better, rather than hearing the halfling’s input. Leaving the woman to finally lie in rest at last, he went against his previous decision, retrieving his own sword from the pile of collected items.

“We need to find the girls and Beaux before we end up like her. I don’t know about you, but I have no intention of being remade over as one of their slaves.” If Flynyas didn’t trust him before, surely he did now after this encounter. Stowing either weapon within the folds of his robes, he pushed for either of them to leave, making his way outside of the spa within catching the attention of any other attendants that might prove to be a problem.

Upon exiting the doors of the spa, returning to the central hub of Infinite, his bronze gaze caught sight of the dispersing cluster of attendants leaving the secondary spa site. His teeth ground together as he forced himself to walk calmly, keeping towards the outer edges to make his way there. “I have a feeling we might find them there. Keep your guard up.” The dagger remain hidden within his sleeve, ready to lash out whom he needed to to allow their escape.

Flynyas

From where Flynyas was standing, the sight of black blood spilling on to the floor signified that their tag team effort had been a success. He knew it was not the blood of Anziium, as he knew Tiefling blood was not black. He had seen a fair amount of it before. Upon verbal confirmation of her defeat, Flynyas dropped his concentration on the spell, letting her dead weight fall in to Anziium's arms. He watched solemnly as she was placed upon the ground.

"Mourning this death is not necessary, as it is unreasonable to call the force we extinguished life. She died the moment they turned her in to that, we have avenged her soul by freeing her body from that curse."

He paused for a moment surveying the surroundings of the cavern, responding to Anziium's statement of retrieving the rest of the crew.

"I agree... this place exists outside of the normal cycle, what it offers is not what I am looking for. We should gather the others and leave this hell."

As they briskly navigated the cavern, Flynyas used his quarterstaff similar to a walking stick, hoping that would suffice as concealment. He even added in a slight limp to further the facade. When the two noticed the swath of attendants leaving the spa, he noted that none of the members he recognized were being carried out by them. Somewhat a good sign, but it brought up the worry of what would cause such a commotion, that would then suddenly disperse in that manner.

"Indeed, however, I am afraid of what we will find inside with them."

He stretched his right hand, loosening the fingers that had been clenched tightly around the staff in apprehension.

"I feel more and more able to perform magic in this place. While not perfect, hopefully it will be enough."

This was spoken as reassurance to Anziium, yet at the same time it doubled as such for himself as they approached the spa chamber and Who resided within.

JOD

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Nobody_314 Nobody_314

Anziium and Flynyas approached what appeared the be the center of activity, or at least was. A dozen or so attendants exited the secondary spa chambers, and paid no attention to the two non-charmed residents. They went back to their business.

They were allow allowed a quick glanced within the doors, decorated with moss along the outside, the same purple flowers growing along in a banner from the moss. The herbal scents wafted from the spa, more than the other spaces, but not as strong as the room with Eel creatures. Inside, they were able to view the pale-winged Zephriel standing behind Magen, who stood between her and Caywood, the recognisable charming warlock whom they met on the beach. He leaned casually against the counter in conversation.

As the doors closed inwards, Caywood's eyes flicked up, meeting with the eyes of Anziium with his charming smile. The doors shut and hid everything else within. Beaux was not seen. A strong scent to their right indicated a thick chemical smoke, unable to be concealed, was wafting from the kitchen. the beginning trails of visible smoke came from under the doors.

Anziium

Stalking past the retreating horde of attendants, Anziium hadn’t much waited for Flynyas to follow, assuming he was smart enough to figure as much. Keeping his gaze forward, rather than allow his eye to wander upon those that seemed to be filing away from the spa, making certain not to draw particular attention to himself; If one dared to drag him back to that cavern again, he at least would put up a fight this time.

Uncertain as to whether the seemingly pleasant scents of the spa would affect them once again, Anziium drew the lapel of his robe over his nose as a precautionary before moving to eye what lie beyond the partially open door. His attempt to remain undetected while spying within failed as the warlock tauntingly gazed his way. His own eyes betrayed him, giving way to the looming dread that engulfed his mind despite the momentary facade he had put it. In all honesty, he was frightened, his own self-doubt nipping away at any courage he had. In the moment their eyes met, it was near certain Caywood could see that, it so painfully obvious upon his face. There was no doubt it pleased the man, to know that little by little, this crew was degrading in willpower.

As the doors finally closed, leaving Flynyas and himself outside the spa, unknowing of what was to happen to the girls within, he remained frozen. This was no different than the death of his previous crew, a hopeless situation with an incompetent fool quaking in his own boots, too afraid to die, but too afraid to act and try to live to see another day. He'd known this would be the outcome, he'd known it as soon as he accepted the invitation to be the Mercury's diplomat; everyone would die, and quite possibly this time he would too.

Grinding his teeth to the point they might crack, he attempted to battle down the mounting thunder of his heartbeat, attempting to salvage whatever common sense he still had in himself. What was he to do? Was he to run away like the coward he was, not looking back and praying there'd come a day he'd forget their names and faces so that he might could continue his pitiful existence? Or should he fight til his last breath, these people being the last he ever saw again? It was a nauseating decision that flashed across his mind for the duration of a minute, painstakingly slow in his mind compared to the time that had passed. As he came to a conclusion, his voice shook as he conveyed the scene to Flynyas at his side.

"Zephriel and Magen are inside, but he's inside there too...he saw me. He already knows we're here and there's nothing we can do about it." His tone was grave, a dead man realizing it was his turn at the gallows. No matter how much he wished it wasn't true, he knew what had to be done. His stiff body slowly traded his dagger or for the sword beneath the layer of his garbs, hand ready to push the door open once more.

"There's nowhere to run, no way of avoiding him now. I know that, he does, they do. But...well, if you find it too much to burden yourself with, try to find some way out. Send help to at least dispatch us all if possible. Just so it's clear, I don't blame you if you have no intentions of coming inside. Just like everyone else, I'm afraid of dying too, but what am I to do about that? I'm just tired of watching other people die and I doing nothing to stop it. So….I've made my decision." And with that, he opened the door, disrupting the tension of the air by dragging himself into it, weapon raised towards the once charming man.

Slowly, ever so slowly, while keeping his gaze on a fixed point behind Caywood, Anziium shifted to stand beside Magen. "I was able to retrieve your weapon." It wasn't a whisper, he uncaring as to whether the bastard affront them knew. If they could get their hands on him, he'd certainly feel the taste of cold steel through the gut soon enough. The tiefling would hold his pose of keeping his weapon trained on the man as his other hand worked away at unfastening the heavy equipment from his back for her to take possession of; his actions were furthered by handing Zephriel the dagger behind his back.

ZEPHRIEL

Zephriel felt sick to her stomach, though this time it was not from the gore or the pungent reek of death. The twist in her gut was from something far more disgusting. This man, Caywood, so beautiful and terrible, had offered them a choice without the ability to choose. It didn't matter what she said, really. He knew the game and the rules but it was never about winning or losing, it was all just to see how his little toys struggled. If he desired hopelessness he got it. Zephriel peered from behind Magen's metallic shoulder, the color drained from her face. In all honesty she would have ran if not for the knowledge that there was nowhere to run to. She couldn't hide either, and even if she did it was likely she would go crazy.

It wasn't hope that made her step out from behind Magen, nor heroism that made her stand tall. There was not much of her pride left, nor of arrogant beauty. Her wings were tattered, her hair tangled, and gods did she smell like mildew. She didn't really picture dying in some godforsaken cave filled with mindless zombies, but here she was. Life always liked to surprise her with its sick humor. Her heart hammered in a run-away beat, so angry and hopeless. There was nothing left to lose. She wasn't much of a fighter, but even the cornered mouse may still bite.

All three sets of Zephriel's wings puffed up to match Caywood's taunting display. She clenched her jaw and gave her best glare. In the corner of her eyes she could see Magen beside her, giving her a little bit more confidence. A month ago she would have laughed at the thought of her finding solace in a robot, now it was the only thing that made her feel safe. Her life truly was at the tail end of a spiral. At least she could go down with a fight. If only they had weapons...

It was then that Anziium arrived. Despite all the bickering and nonsense that had occurred on the ship, she had never been more happy to see the tiefling. Usually she would say something rude, or cast a disapproving glare, but right now she couldn't give a damn. Zeph offered a curt nod of thanks as she took the dagger into her hands. She wrapped her fingers around it tightly and turned her attention back to Caywood.

"I'm ready." she said to the others, her wings tensing in anticipation.

Flynyas

Fight or Flight: the primal instinct to respond to a harmful situation by facing it teeth bared, or by fleeing at the soonest opportunity. With their current condition, compared to the power of the for before them, the latter seems to be the more favorable response.

Flynyas is quite good at running, paying special attention in his training to hone abilities that allowed him to do so. Perhaps there was a door they missed. Air has to get down here somehow, perhaps a shaft or vent to allow that. There had to be something he could find. Slipping away right now would be the perfect time, while the others are distracting the Host of this Hell.

What could he do anyway? While his magics were returning in strength there is no telling what sort of resistances this being may have. Maybe he could snap his fingers and just enthrall everyone at once again. There are some situations where nothing you can do, try, or pray for matters. Fate had already made up its mind and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I do not know these people, he did not owe anything to these people.

His gaze fell to the ring he bore.

He did not know me either...

Torn between his thoughts, Flynny faltered as Anziium readied and walked towards the door. In the moments that passed, once the tiefling entered the spa, a glance back would reveal the doorway empty as it swing close. Flynyas was nowhere to be seen.

JOD & BEAUX?

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Nobody_314 Nobody_314 Juju Juju

Caywood smiled, once a beautiful and charming thing. Now the fangs were out, a metaphorical acid dripping from his eyes, the runes tattoed along his forehead and hands began to glow a deep swirling red while he extending his hand, palm up. "Magen, my dear. No need to fight." His eyes flared as he spoke. "Here, you will be safe and cared for. " His words dripped with venom, the air around them almost crackling with electricity.

Beside them, Magen grew taut. The shield she bore clattered to the ground as her once so life-filled body grew stiff and mechanical in her true nature.

"Come here, dear." He beckoned her forward with a caressing finger.

Magen stepped away from Zephriel and Anziium, over to the side and beck and call of Caywood. He looked over to her fondly and ran his thumb along the edges of her metallic jaw. "Interesting. We'll need to have you fixed up darling. You'll be a wonderful exhibit into our Infinite collection. Why don't you head over and speak with Hiss Moirtar, hmm?" Mechanically, Magen nodded and walked further back into the spa.

As she turned and receded, Caywood stepped in the line of sight between the others and her receding form, his wings spreading, hiding her down the hall.

"So glad you could join us, Petrichoras. Tragic that you tore us away from one of my beloveds." He shrugged, his tone of words not matching his body. "You will soon replace her anyways." And with that, he raised his hands to in front of his chest, holding a forming sphere of electric red energy. He split his hands, a smaller orb going to each hand, then thrust them forward, lobbing the two orbs of energy in the direction of Zephriel and Anziium. He acted in a quick motion, the two unable to process in time as the orbs collided with their chest and sent them back a couple of feet. The energy was hot, and smoked into their clothes. It was the first sense of warmth down in this empty cavern, but too hot to be a comforting sense. It exploded through their body from chest outward, shocking them. ON impact, the smoke flew out into the space as well, an electric spark smoke - almost refreshing to the stench of every other gas down here. The smoke stung into their eyes, and as soon as it cleared from their vision, they were able to see Caywood stepping through with his eyes and tattoos glowing with the power that matched in his hands. His black skin now a visible leather texture; demonic.

The spheres of energy once again started to grow into his palm, creating the field of static in the air as he stepped forward to prepare to place it against their chest. This would be easy.

Beaux shielded his eyes with his arm, trying to grab the last components. They burned into his flesh, his one good hand left. He was almost down, and the heat was growing to a point to not be contained. He needed to warn the others soon.

"Magen! Don't listen to him!" Zephriel cried to the robotic woman, but her words fell on deaf ears. Magen moved to every one of Caywood's suggestion like a marionette on a string while Zeph could only helplessly watch. "Dammit!"

Her greatest hope had been in Magen's supreme fighting skills, and to just see her walk away? Zephriel knew it was the end, that was pretty much accepted at this point, but seeing her only vague hope walk away really took the cake. Of course, she knew that was exactly what Caywood wanted. Zeph tightened her grip on the dagger, not really sure how to properly wield it but willing to try. It was not like she had a choice, anyway. While she was no warrior by any stretch of the imagination, she was a scholar and an anatomist. Where her skill with the blade was lacking, she made up for it with the knowledge of where the best places to hit were. Now if only she could actually hit them...

She watched Caywood carefully, thinking of the best moment to strike, only she was too slow on the draw. Caywood quickly summoned two orbs of dark magic, too fast for even the watchful Zephriel to react in time. Before she knew it an orb crashed against her chest, knocking her backwards. Weakened by her time here, Zephriel easily fell to the ground, rolling backwards with all the grace of a blindfolded drunk. Her dagger clattered away from her hand, falling away just out of reach from where she now lay. Smoke and burning cloth filled her nose and blocked her view of Caywood while she scrambled forward to grab onto her dagger. As her fingers wrapped around the hilt she looked up to see Caywood glaring down, energy pulsing in his hands.

Desperately she stabbed the dagger at Caywood's leg. While she aimed for the thigh, were she hoped to do the most damage, at this point she would be content with just a solid hit. Hopefully she could interrupt his focus and buy time for Anziium.

bonesbo bonesbo TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

Anziium
bonesbo bonesbo Juju Juju

An open hand reached out to clasp the shoulder of the automaton, an attempt to reel her away from the fate that awaited her if she continued forward. Once within Caywood’s grasp, Anziium knew there would be no retrieving her, the thought of leaving anyone behind to remain on this island for decades to come sickened him. Having dared that extra step or two forward to pull her back, he reluctantly pulled away as she came into contact with the malicious being, lest he too get ensnared. Unfortunately, there was nothing they could have done, herself lost as Caywood ushered her down the receding hallway, not even a final glimpse at their lost comrade.

“I set that woman free of your control. I gave her peace!” He spat, his reptilian-like tail lashing behind him as his angered flared again, melting away that quiet demeanor the crew would know him for. “How long has she been here?! How long have you forced these people to endure your marionette strings?” Either foot planted firmly upon the floor, weapon at the ready, one could say that he hadn’t much expected the outlash of crimson energy their way. Bronze eyes growing wide as it was hurled at them, he hadn’t the time to shield himself as he was thrown back against the wall with a hefty thud.

Spine slamming against the hard wall, his breath was knocked clean out of his lungs, the mixture of smoldering clothing and sparking smoke leaving him too stunned to gather himself. The tiefling’s ears rang as he struggled to sit up, disoriented but knowing that if he didn’t move, he’d end up just like Magen. And Zephriel would soon follow. Although Flynyas might be gone, as was Beaux, he was the only one left to fend off Caywood so at the very least one of them could leave. Rolling so that his feet were under him, Anziium clasped at his chest, an attempt to steady his breathing, only for the pressure of his hand against his clothing to expel the ash that was once his sickly familiar. The creature had been snug against his collar, having taken the majority of the blast Caywood had flung their way. To say he was angry was an understatement; He was furious.

Aware enough of his surroundings enough to realize Zephriel had taken the opportunity to stab Caywood in the thigh, he fumbled for his own sword to follow up with a strike. Cool metal thrust upwards into the flesh of the puppeteer’s hand, skewering straight through to the outside of the palm raised towards him.

Flynyas
bonesbo bonesbo TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Juju Juju
Oh gods, I am such a dumb-ass!

As Anziium struck the wall, a small creature sandwiched in the cloth of his sleeves struggled to hang on.

---Just a few moments ago---

Being rash was not really ever Flynyas' thing. He was always on guard for signs of danger, and if he did not already have a plan to deal with whatever harm may come, he would retreat until such a plan was created. Running away meant living another day. He always ran. This time he did not.

When they entered the room he did not speak a word to Anziium. What he was going to do would likely not work if he was aware of it. Their adversary seemed skilled in the art of manipulating thoughts, and who is to say he does not have the ability to read them. In but a moment, where a halfling once stood was replaced by the form of a small frog. His skin was mostly black, but mottled bright green stripes adorned his sides and back. His legs, powerful despite their size, had easily propelled him on to Anziiums shoulder, where he then nestled himself between folds of the clothing.

He could hear the muffled conversation while he sat in wait. It sounded as if their automaton comrade had fallen back under the Host's spell. He had mixed feelings for her, wary of the means by which she mimicked life in a metal shell, but yet he respected, and was quite in a way envious, of her ability to full-heartedly worry for others above herself. While it was certainly a blow not to have her on their side in combat, it was at least of benefit that she was dismissed from the room rather than being used actively against them.

---

Jostled from the impact, he spent the next few seconds regaining his bearings as the now enraged tiefling stood. Flynyas did not have much time to ready his next action, Anziiums' blade having already made its way to Caywood's flesh. During this forward jerk, Flynyas allowed himself to be flung from the sleeve, doing his best to guide his leap towards the stab wound. Hopefully toxins worked on whoever, or whatever, this man is.

JOD & BEAUX

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Juju Juju Nobody_314 Nobody_314

Caywood was stepping forward with a snarl disguised as a grin. He sent the two nuisances back against the wall and was readying his next charge.

He could feel the pull at his power, the hindering shield he placed over the cavern. Even though certain charms of his were resistant, the barrier was strong enough to limit some of his powers.

Caywood brought his hand down in a large arch to the angelic girl below him. His wings flared outward in a display intimidation and power. But, in a trick of quick dexterity and distraction, Zephriel was able to take a small dagger and stab it into his inner thigh while his focus was above. At first, to Zephriel's blade, there was a resistance to pierce the tough leathery skin; but thankfully by piercing the soft inside of the thigh, there wasn't as much natural armor. Caywood let out a shrill shriek of sorts. He didn't have much more time to process such pain before he was kebobed right through his raised hand. The leathery beast scrambled back with ear-splitting screeches. Black ichor spilled from his wounds.

With a vicious snarl of pain, he pulled the sword back through his hand, spilling his blood forward onto the floor and the toppled Zephriel. With his injured hand, he pulled the small dagger from inside his thigh. As he did so, he released another yelp of pain and fell to one knee. Tar like substance covered both blades. His head snapped upward and he made glaring eye contact with Anziium, spinning the sword in his grasp before pointing it out. "Cute." He spoke in layers of a voice.

The streams of black blood stopped their flow from his wounds and started to wrap around his arm and leg like conscious tendrils. The tattoo markings along his face, neck, and arms glowing. The tar blood completely enveloped the small blade and his hand. Of course, he was too busy with pain and anger to notice the small toxic frog jump to his impaled hand. The tar covered his hand, cocooning the frog inside and encasing him without air for the moment. The toxins soon begun to burn into his exposed flesh. Caywood was about to thrust forward with a red charged blade of wrapped blood sword at Anziium when the burning on his hand became unnaturally strong for his physical form. He hissed and dropped the wrapped blood charge around the dagger and dropped it. His hand tense and flexing in pain as more blood gushed from the wound.

While he was momentarily distracted, a very large boom sound rattled the underground cavern. The ground quaked as the roar of flames suddenly became evident as the enchantments of the chasm were dropping. The doors behind Anziium and Zephriel flew open. Beaux appeared frantically in the door, framed by a toxic purple smoke, his face completely covered in an ash and dripping bluish liquid. The cloak that was half clutched over his body was on fire, but with one hand he held a piece of it to his mouth and nose. Along with Beaux and the smoke came an awful awful smell; nose-hair burning, eye watering acidic smell of putrid burning acid and flesh.

"OKA OKA OKA READY TO GO LET'S GO WHERE BE THE SHORT AND METAL ONE WE NEED TA GO!" Beaux called through his temporary mask, gesturing back with his head, his one arm occupied and the other hidden behind his burning cloak. He looked behind him for the moment, then meeting a half covered gaze to Anziium. Behind him in the open grass fields- or what they used to be, the door that held the kitchen was completely gone as a roaring purple blue flame took place of the door. Peppers of acid were splattered around the ground and grass and putrid flowers. It was quickly spreading. Most of attendants and residents were walking - calmly - away from the fire towards the other side of the spa, while some of both laid motionless on the grass.

"THEY PORTAL!" Beaux yelled, then winced as another boom from the kitchen rattled this under-island world. Dust, rocks, and water began to slowly spill in from crevices in the roofs of the room. The lights of the glow stone and glow slugs slowly went out, being replaced by the roaring blue. But, across the long burning long was the stone archway they had first entered through and took their memory modification through.

"No! What are you doing!?" Caywood screeched, loosing his footing on the constantly shaking ground, looking concerned that they were about ankle deep in flooding millions of pounds of water from above. He had since dropped the small dagger and was trying to shake off the intense stinging pain of the frog toxins. "You risk yourselves dying an eternal death in water when you can live an eternal life with me!" He screeched, flappings his wings to lift himself onto the counter and out of the water. He perched like a gargoyle, clutching his hand to his chest. His wing flaps stirred more of the stinging acid smokey air around.

"GO GO GO GO!" Beaux was yelling. He was lifting Anziium to his feet, taking his hand away from the cover of his mouth to grasp Anziium's shoulder and physically push him out of the door the best he could. Another earth-shaking explosion, this time, shattering the wall that came from the casino and bar. Everyone instinctively ducking their head as more rocks, dust, and water begun to pour into the cavern. Now knee deep of the entire pit that was Infinite, though, the acidic fire didn't seem to be extinguished from water, it seemed to rapidly spread across the surface of the rushing water. Beaux looked mighty hurt and uncomfortable with this, but nevertheless, he reached in and took Zephriel by the shoulder and pulled her through the water and back out the door into the main "green" area, screaming in pain as he did - which was drowned out by the roar of fire and the rush of water and rock. "WE NEED TE GO!" There was no room for negotiation.

Caywood screeched and leaped after them, his talons extended as he soared to the threshold of the spa door.

Despite his best efforts to retain hold on the blade as he lurched it upwards into Caywood’s raised hand, it was wrenched from his grasp as the creature leapt backwards in agony. Without means of protecting themselves, either of their weapons lodged into the wounds they’d inflicted upon him, the tiefling manuvered himself to block any attack made against the fallen Zephriel. Although without a true weapon, he wasn’t entirely unarmed, ready to bear teeth, fang, and tail to defend. Two more uses of magic and he’d be entirely spent to the point of it being a hazard to attempt to remove him from Infinite. A brief glance at the winged woman behind him and he was certain that, despite his will to live, he’d give them all an opportunity to escape by holding Caywood at bay.

Attention rerouted to the creature before him, a snarled hiss crinkled the tiefling’s nose at the display of intimidation made as Caywood made the remark. His tail lashed low to the ground, muscles tensed as he awaited retaliation. The blackened ichor they’d managed to make him bleed didn’t seem to bother the being much past the initial infliction of the wound, it reacting strangely to curl around the weapons, making them an extension of himself. It earned another low growl from the diplomat, he firmly planting either foot against the spa’s flooring, waiting. Yet, something far more odd than the liveliness of the ichor happened. Caywood dropped either weapon.

Unknowing of the frog’s presence, nor really caring what had the being in a fit, Anziium hurriedly nudged Zephriel to her feet, directing her towards the exit. “Keep moving!” He spat, moving her along whilst his gaze remained on Caywood as he screeched in sudden pain. Upon nearing the door, the explosions around the resort caught his ears, followed by the crashing in of the door. Whirling around to see what new obstacle await them, he was met with their ragged mechanic. Before he could ask what the hell had happened to him, the thick, wafting smoke poured into the secluded room, having him coughing in an instant. His eyes watered as he shook his head, “Magen’s gone! We can’t save her anymore. GO!” He spat out, pushing the pink-haired woman in front of him towards Beaux.

The entire cavern was shifting violently under them, rocks dropping from overheard, and smoke stinging their eyes. There was absolutely no way they could stay much longer here. That thought was even further confirmed as he looked past Beaux to see rising water as Infinte was collapsing in on itself. Spitting obscenities, he allowed the mechanic to aid himself and Zephriel out of the spa, internally wondering as to whether Flynyas had made it out before the crumbling of this location. Either way, they couldn’t stay here any longer to find out; everyone was obviously on their last leg and couldn’t stand anymore.

A glance was cast back towards the screeching individual inside, his words resonating deeply within him. He was right, they were risking everything to leave here, only hoping that they’d make it out alive. Who’s to say that they would? Despite this, Anziium knew there was no turning back now, attendants and residents alike going under with Infinite in the passing seconds.

“Start heading to the ship! I’ll be right behind you!” He called on to Beaux and Zephriel, hands risen and prepared to call upon what little magic he possessed. Drawing in a breath, knowing what would soon follow after, the tiefling's middle and forefinger upon either hand met up at a set point above his eyelevel. Slowly, his fingers diverged from that point in a diagonal fashion, and then ultimately turning in to meet themselves in a horizontal line (he drew a triangle). With Caywood rapidly approaching the retreating group, Anziium brought his hands together in a powerful clap through the center of the previously drawn symbol.

A thunderous boom of his own creation would follow those that accompanied the destruction of Infinite, the force behind it directed not at Caywood, but rather the stone archway of the spa door. With it’s weakened state, the structure began to collapse, finally coming down right affront the enemy to block him from following them. It was also a death sentence, Anziium wanting him to follow all those poor souls to their watery fate as it sunk to the bottom of the sea. Whereas one might shout in triump as the stone crashed down around Caywood, possibly crushing him Anziium swayed on his feet after his act. His hands clutched as his suddenly pounding head, vision spinning as he attempted to stear himself in the direction of the others. Needless to say, between the rising waters and the vicious smoke, he was struggling to keep himself upright. Crimson blossoms bloomed around him as he trudged through the waters, droplets steadily dripping and plopping below from his figure.

Flynyas

A brief flicker of hope occured in Flynyas' demeanor as he met his mark. He had half expected their adversary to swat or snatch him out of the air: the painfully vivid image of a small wet squish having filled his mind while in mid jump. The hope was fleeting however, as within a moment all light was extinguished. He was compressed by a shroud of the creature's own blood.

Flynyas knew not of what was occuring to himself or outside, being that every sense was cut off or diminished by the smothering. This was more so what he had expected of this attempt. Fading darkness, muffled sound, and a few moments of self reflection preceding the dive in to death. It did not seem as if he had even managed to buy a second of time for the allied strangers outside. The following heartbeats felt like an eternity, suddenly cut short by light once again entering his eyes. The blood dispersed from around his adopted form as Caywood recoiled. At this opportunity, he kept out of his grasp and, before collapsing on the floor in front of the others, returned to his normal form in the descent.

No time existed for him to process the change in situation, as it changed once again with the sudden cacophony of far off explosions that shook the whole chamber. The far more than half-dead fish man he had met before staggered in and grabbed the others, implying with his rushed words that the entry portal should be passable. A screech of fury pulled his attention back towards Caywood. It did seem the toxins had provided effect, but what should have dropped a man in neurotic paralysis seemed only to deter this creature for a moment.

Flynny scrambled to his feet and followed the others in haste. When Anziium spin around to begin casting, he was able to catch up and slip beside him. The immediate ear ringing blast led Flynyas to look behind himself, at what used to be a doorway, but was now a mound of rubble. Contemplating for a split second whether he should attempt to restrain the rubble further, he instead turned back torwards to what lay in front of them. The chamber was quickly filling with water, which severely was hindering the wounded member's of the group from moving across the center field. Not to mention that it being at their knees, brought it up to his waist already. The acidic flames added to the peril as they rapidly spread across the waters surface like a flaming oil spill.

Hopefully the rubble would hold back Caywood, but they were all going to burn or drown regardless if nothing was done. He drew his quarterstaff, tracing lines down it's grooves that left a glowing trail at his touch. He then brought down the staff, through the surface of the water which immediately spread away from it. The water dispersed away from Beaux and Zeph, extending out in front of them for a dozen or so yards. The parting extended behind Flynyas as well, so that the edge of the now wall like body of water was slightly behind Anziium. The water continued to recede until they all were in a trench about 20 feet wide, and as Flynyas moved forward with the others the end would continue to push water out of the way as the back wall moved with them (Control Water).

Last edited:
ZephrielTearing into Caywood's leg and hearing his cry of pain was probably one of the sweetest things Zephriel could remember. It would have been immensely satisfying if not for the realization that he was using it for blood magic aimed directly at her. Great. To her surprise Anziium moved between them, as if to block the attack, but thankfully something overcame the warlock. He grabbed his hand, which for all Zeph could tell looked like a reaction to toxins, though she could not say where it came from. Perhaps Anzi had poisoned his blade? He seemed clever enough for that. She of course did not see the frog, nor was it particularly important. What was important was that Caywood had stopped.

In the absence of her dagger, Zephriel resorted to a piece of rubble on the ground. It wasn't much to defend oneself against a dark mage, but it was better than nothing. Besides, if she could keep the heat off of Anziium they stood a better chance. She reached down to pick it up only for it to jump away as an explosion rocked the cavern. She didn't have to see his entrance to know who was responsible.

"Beaux?" Zeph coughed, stumbling blindly from the smoke in her eyes. Water welled around her ankles and in her eyes, making it hard to see but there was no mistaking the strange tinkerer's annoying yet now comforting accent. Zeph yelped in surprise as she was pulled by Beaux, but she didn't need much convincing to keep moving. She ran with them, dodging puddles of acid and motionless thralls, but suddenly slowed down in her tracks.

"What about Magen?" To the others it would be the first time she had directly referred to the robot by her name and perhaps the last. Not that anyone would really notice in such chaos. There was another explosion, knocking her to her knees, but this time Anziium was there to pull her up. He shoved her forward and gave the answer she knew but was too afraid to acknowledge. Left with little other choice, she followed the two remaining survivors. She felt sicker than when her belly was filled with slime.

More of Beaux's explosions racked the walls, splitting the stone like rotten teeth. The sea rushed in but Flynnas parted the brackish tides with a spell. Soon enough Anziium's spell blasted through the collapsing cave and Zephriel was reminded of just how little she was doing. She glanced back at where Anziium was, noticing him stumble with blood oozing from his eyes and mouth. He told them to meet him at the boat but clearly did not think this through enough. Did he even intend to return to the boat?

Why was he acting like a stupid hero? First he pulled that trick with the needle, then he blocked Caywood's attack, and now he does this flashy spell and expects her to just leave him? Zephriel turned on her heels so suddenly she nearly tripped. Now she was being idiotic. Her movements surprised even herself. She was never going to forgive him for this.

Zephriel tried to fly above the shaky ground, but all her molding wings could manage was a short, pathetic hop. She cursed and grit her teeth, weathering another crack of stone overhead. Sand and rocks fell from the ceiling, sticking to her wet skin and feathers. Throwing dignity to the wind, she held two of her wings above her head to block the falling debris and scrambled through the shower and towards the dazed tiefling. Through the walls of water she saw limp shapes float by but forced herself to not think about it.

When she got to Anziium she grabbed onto his arm and tugged, frantically flapping her wings against the ground like a flightless hen. It was not enough to fly, but it could add some dearly needed force to her steps. Zephriel pulled along the tiefling, her wings beating upon the waterlogged rubble, feathers collecting dirt and rot. She was breathing heavily from exhaustion, sweat collecting on her brow. She was running on adrenaline at this point, and the fear of Caywood, but there was also a sort of stubborn determination. "Idiot! What was that? Can you hear me? Anziium! Sun's mercy, this is not happening, this is not happening! Keep moving! Move, move, move!"

Last edited:
BEAUX & JOD

Beaux had started to pull the half tiefling fellow and the pink ratty chicken girl out, more out of the fear of living with the guilty conscious of letting them perish by his explosive hand. But the water. The water levels were increasing. He couldn't do anything about it. He felt the cold of the water shoot thorny poison vines up all around his body and threaten to pull his body down into the murky depths to suffocate and live an eternal death of cold compression and the inability to breath and move and do nothing but think of fear and death. The horned one pulled away. The water was up to Beaux's knees. His whole body was shaking with pain and fear and pain was spiking through his legs and sharp pains pull at where the water touched his calves.

Beaux shook his head, unable to form words with his heart pounding in his throat. So be it. He turned and started to run, started to run as best he could with his pain and through the flaming acid water towards the exit gate. He tried. He tried to save them. He needed to save himself. There would be other places to meet people. He needed to escape. Get away. He would run, get out of here before he died along with them.

The others would stay behind and try to fight this warlock, end it. No, Beaux ended enough, he killed prison keepers and he was destroying the cell.

He felt his feet start to hit mud and wet rock instead of sloshing through knee high water. He stopped and turned to see the wall of water hovering in place to his side. It struck fear through his body, time feeling frozen in the moment as if it was a wave going to crash down on top of him and hold him and drown him.

"Idiot!" Beaux broke his fearful trance to turn to what he begun to associate as a name for himself. He saw the ratted winged girl start to pull the half horny one away from rocks. They were coming along. And the short one whom he just met on the island seemed to be holding the water with a magic stick. Noted, short one controls water. He was to be feared.

Beaux at this point was ahead of them all, closer to the gate then to the rubble of the spa. Another large rumble shook the whole cavern, some screams echoing from the chambers. Large chunks of rock began to fall, more water rushing in. Beaux looked up to see multiple waterfalls clean out this cavern, growing darker and darker, though his vision stayed in greyscale. Fear held him in place while the crew struggled along.

Caywood lept at the tiefling, claws and magic forming outstretched. The crashing of rock overwhelmed him, creating a sickening thud as the limp body of the devil warlock was crushed by stone. Black ichor mixed in with the rushing salt water. His wings and hands twitched only for a moment before stilling and becoming overtaken by the level of water. His level of life, connected with the puppets around hosted as attendants and residents seemed to drop. Overwhelming screams and shrills of cries and weak calls out before moments of death filled and echoed about the cavern as the acidic flaming salt water filled and smothered life along with the pouring of boulders and island matter.

Beaux looked to the gate, still intact. The ravine that lead down was an effective waterfall. The steps that they took, from mossy ledge to swamp tree canopy to carved stone was overrun by spilling water. Small glimpses of light peaked through the rush of the water.

"We need te get out uf here..." He mumbled to himself, the realisation that only a godly force could get them out.

He looked back to the crew of three others helping each other along. The walls of water growing taller and taller as the level of water approached near chest height in other parts of the cavern. But the doors that lead to the other rooms seemed to remain intact and solid even from the breech of acidic flaming water. Judging from the amount of explosions heard from where he was... Another one shook the cavern, causing him to lose his balance in the earthquake. Minus one. There was... one barrel left. He heaved himself up from the soggy ground just as the other three caught up.

"There's nay a way owt..." His voice barely heard against the roar of water. One fearful eye seen from the cloak hood he wore, he was clutching his arm, shaking from too much.

Nobody_314 Nobody_314 TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Juju Juju sheppard sheppard

Destiny... A funny thing, innit? It claims authority over our lives, controls how we move about the flow of time, shapes how we think, and molds our souls.
However, for those that don't believe in it, it holds no puppet strings, no power over that individual. Some would call it a placebo, some would call it an excuse of reasoning; excuse of avoiding consequences.

The lack of understanding on the individual's part is matched in disinterest from Iros, also called Destiny. Only if one rejects their destiny, forges a new path, or completely denies there is such thing as a external control of fate will Iros cease their hand. Iros will try at first, of course. They don't give up as soon as the individual gives up on them. No. There was a reason the word 'coincidences' was coined. Coincidences are for those that don't not believe but don't follow.

Iros had been coming to Nostarion as long as they can remember. Iros gave them a friend, something to dream about. Nostarion's parents, brothers and sisters claimed that Nostarion's obsession with their imaginary friend was cute, they all laughed at how religiously Star followed what they were told from a dreamt figure. Maybe they all were right...

Maybe if Nostarion had listened... they wouldn't be here. They wouldn't be drifting the seas so far from home after leaving with a family fight behind them. Maybe they would have food to eat and water to drink if they ignored the voice in their head. Maybe Iros was wrong. Maybe Haydz was made up, and their family should've tried harder to laugh the nonsense from Nostarion's head.

Maybe if Nostarion tried harder, listened better, the voice wouldn't have gone silent. They wouldn't be dying of dehydration, starvation, heat exhaustion, drowning, boredom. Whatever came first. However little longer this plank of drift wood would last, hopefully at least to the reserve of an island. They cried out to Iros, to Haydz. The only message from Iros they got in return was a taunt of an image that they had been seeing for the last two years; the only message from Haydz being a worthless motivation: "Persue". Nostarion still had some hope; Iros kept them from pirates, sea titans and monsters, sirens, every other deadly thing of the ocean... Maybe it was just luck, no destiny involved...

They laid on their back, barely fitting on the broken plank, staring up at the clear calm sky. Everything was silent, the water unmoving and simmering with naught life of the deep empty wine. They picked out several constellations: Trichechus, Macropus, Gallinula, Phaetric Major and Minor, Lepus Major, The Jasmine Albatross, Northern Flute, Eastern Rifle, Small Rib. The stars from which they were born: Nostellius Occidentalis. A lot of the stars were unfamiliar, of course they were, they were in a completely different part of the world. They started to count the speck of blue, specks of red, yellow, white to fill their decaying mind when sleep over took them, the echo of "Persue" lapping against the shores of their soul.

Flynyas

Flynyas allowed the wounded Zephriel and Anziium to pass him so that he could hold the rear. It would be easier to maintain the walls as they moved forwards with all of the party in sight. Amidst the chaos and explosions, it would be easy for someone to fall down behind them and be forgotten until they were swept out of the dry passage. As they progressed across the shattering landscape, he tried not to focus on the floating bodies visible floating in the walls around them.

Upon reaching the end of the cavern, it was evident that the integrity of the camber was failing rapidly, cutting off the ground level escape routes. He increased his pace to catch up with the others, the task not too difficult given their injured pace. Boulders from the ceiling gave way to open air above them, but he doubted the others could tread water for long enough to allow the waters to rise. Not to mention the prospect of likely burning alive from the flames burning across the water's surface. He had already expended his ability to wild shape, lest he would shift forms in to that of a whale. As such the party could reside inside, waiting out as the waters rose to surface ocean safe from the flames.

There was another way...

He looked at the individuals before him. Ironically, Beaux was eyeing the water with wide eyed fear, despite his physical form. Anziium was bleeding from the nose, and seemed hardly able to even hold himself up, leaning heavily on Zephriel. That left her. She seemed battered, especially her wings... but she would not be needing those for this. He addressed her directly upon catching up.

"Listen carefully and hold my words in your mind, repeat them over and over and don't stop. 'I have to save my friends. My friends need air. I have air inside of me.' "

He turned to the others, already motioning with his hands to perform the casting. "Don't panic, stay close!"

With a flourish, Flynyas thrust his ringed hand out towards Zephriel, a green wispy shimmer emanating from it and wrapping around her. Her form would rapidly shift in to that of a whale (Polymorph), running on rudimentary thoughts but it would still be Zephriel in control. At the exact moment the transformation began, the previously held back walls of water crashed in.

The dripping crimson was steadily plopping in the rolling waters below, staining the collar of the robe that encircled the tiefling’s neck as he urged himself to move forward. Waters were rising and he’d surely be swept below the surface if he stood still for more than a second. While the latest usage of magic had eliminated the threat that was Caywood, it had also effectively made him far of a deadweight than he previously had been. The tiefling’s mind was about in the same state as Infinite at the moment: Imploding. Every little explosion amongst the caverns was like a metal spike to the brain, the very world around him unbalanced to the point he wasn’t even certain if he was straight. His vision was blurred by a veil of red, sounds muffled as he struggles to keep himself stabilized. Funny, this isn't even the worst of it, he thought sourly to himself, a hand clenching tightly at his head. There's too much going on, I don't know where I'm going, the water is rising-

Panic began to nip at his shattered mind, he fairly certain he was turned around, heading in a direction he shouldn't be. And tired, he was so tired. So why was he even bothering now? He'd done Beaux, Zephriel, and Flynyas a favor by keeping Caywood back. That's all he really wanted and he knew the consequences of doing such. His shambling gait ceased as he realized there wasn't much point, no one would notice as they all scrambled for safety. Ready to just..let his body give out and take a rest below the water at his knees, he lurched forward as something latched onto him. The dwindling spark of panic started up again, his first instinct to pull away until he heard the muffled voice. It was Zephriel, having turned around like he told her not to do. Stupid bird--

"What..what are you doing. I'll drown you." He slurred as she took his weight and began to half lead, half drag him along with her. "Zeph no. Go...fuck, just go." It didn't seem that she was listening to him. Or was he even speaking aloud any more? Honestly, he hadn't, his lips just moving with silent words as the water was pushed aside by the halfling. Their walking was just the slightest bit unhindered now, he next to no help in pulling his own weight.

bonesbo bonesbo TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Nobody_314 Nobody_314 Caligena Caligena sheppard sheppard
ZephrielZeph held onto Anziium, her soaked wings drooping on the ground from exhaustion and the sheer weight of the water. He was bleeding everywhere, internal by the looks of it. He really needed medical attention. If, that is, they even made it out of here alive. Had they really made it all this way just to fall in front of the finish line? Nono, there had to be some other way.

She looked up at the sun filtering through water-logged trees, so far yet so close. They could float up with the waves but that would need some sort of raft. Something that they were very clearly lacking. She looked around desperately for a log, stray beams, or anything bouyant but alas there was nothing but watery death. They were out of time and options. That is, until the hobgoblin spoke up.

"W-what? Why do I need to think that?" she sputtered, noticing the green trailing from Flynyas's fingers. It was a spell. Quickly, Zeph replayed the words in her mind, panicking and trying to understand what they meant.

Zephriwhale 🐳
In a near instant she changed. Wings became long flippers, three sets along her flank, each tipped in feathery extensions. These feathers, colored a pale pink, grew along the length of her spine and faded gradually towards her tail. Her eyes lost their usual sharp edge of intellect but gained a wisdom of their own.

In her mind the words were clear; Save her friends. Her little friends needed air. She had air inside of her.

Calmly, the whale opened her gaping maw wide and snapped it over them, covering them just as the waves rolled in. They splashed against her snout and swollen throat, but her friends were now safely inside. Water engulfed her in the churning tide but she welcomed the feeling of the ocean. Gravity melted as the burning waves rushed to the skies, leaving the cavern behind and dying it a transparent blue broken only by threads of sunlight. Small things drifted weightlessly around her, some humanoid and others much less so. The sea would wash away the filth.

Her friends were cradled in her jaws but one was missing. The whale twisted in the cavern, peering with dark eyes into the flooded tunnels beyond, too large to swim any further. She tasted rich copper on her tongue and knew that she must leave, but that did not stop her from giving a long, quivering call. With a mighty flap of her tail she turned towards the glittering circle in the sky. It had been so long since she had seen it that growing closer hurt her eyes. Still, there was air up there. There was air in her, but her friends needed more.

Zephriel's new form easily glided through the water. Some of her fins hurt, but her flipper was strong enough to propel her up with steady strokes. The darkness of the cave grew lighter and lighter as the sun grew closer and closer. It was almost blinding now. She wanted to go back into the dark depths, but she remembered the words. With a final push Zephriel broke the surface, spraying a geyser above her as she exhaled the cave air and breathed in the fresh, salted breeze for the first time in forever.

She floated on the surface limply and tilted her head up just above the waves. She opened her mouth enough for her friends to breathe and see between her jaws, though not enough that they could accidentally fall out.

Last edited:
JOD & BEAUX

The walls of water collapsed as the caster shifted his focus towards the polymorph spell. Any eyes remaining conscious turned towards the swelling pink figure. Zephriel's form expanding and changing matter as she turned to a whale. The water from the wall splashed over the whale just as she closed her mouth around the rest of the crew. Surges and gushes poured from the outside and surrounded sea, the pressure weakened from the six explosions.

The seventh explosion erupted and caused complete collapse of the cavern wall, the earth plates themselves cracking. The downward tunnel that led them here was nothing but an immense stream of thousands of water pressure. Zephriwhale took several large boulders, tree debris, wood debris as the eroding stone walls collapsed down to fill in the space of the secret sub-island cavern. It took only a minute for the water levels to more or less fill to the point where Zephriwhale could swim through the slowly sinking stone.

What what what the actual hell. Beaux could barely pay enough attention, his fear ever expanding as the situation became more stressful. Then there was a fucking giant fish. A pink one. Is that normal. Beaux screamed aloud, falling back and trying to crawl away, shrill cry as he was suddenly taken into the creatures mouth. He was near the tip of the tongue when Zephriwhale took him, his eyes wide and expanded in fear that white could be seen along the rim of his one non-concealed eye. He stared at the others, holding his other arm and cloak close to his body in pain. A level of water about to their ankles sitting in the mou

"Dét in strifithal ve'egutch!!" He breathed to the others supposedly in the dark enclosed mouth. He could see the grey silhouettes of everyone else, not completely blind in this situation. They were lurched about the mouth as Zephriwhale broke the surface and sprayed the remaining water inside her mouth. As she opened her mouth, Beaux nearly fell out, leaning against her set of teeth. He scurried back inside, trying to prevent from falling in the water even further.

The white sun was blinding, the point in the cycle where it was setting just at the perfect level to be annoyingly in the eyes. The red sun was high in it's cycle, giving the near sunset sky a vibrant purple color.

Zephriwhale faced outward away from the island, so the crew was unable to discern the state of it, but there were thousands of birds aflight in the sky, being disrupted from their marshy perches. A large variety from small robin sized sky birds to 3m wingspan aquatic fowl birds flying in congregation of panic, filling the sky with feathers and a cacophony of chirps, calls, honks, screeches.

Their ship, oh so forgotten for however long they were trapped, was seen around the bend of the island. Not how they left it, it was further parked off shore away from the tangle of the tree roots that formed the land. Mercury bobbed in the disturbed water, looking pristine and kept clean, though a smattering of bird poop and rope dangled from the side. A small vessel tied to the bow, floating casually between the island formation and herself.

Beaux stood up, rather shakily. "I'd naevah thougt I'd be so 'appy to see such ah vessal."

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing sheppard sheppard Nobody_314 Nobody_314 Caligena Caligena Juju Juju

Well... Nostarion supposed they had their work cut out for them. They assumed that it would still be occupied? Maybe just that the occupants took some time to wander? But the affirmation that they were going on the right path gave them some comfort. Haydz finally chimed in, though was wary. He told them to wait and be patient. He got them this far!

Maybe... A week or so. Nostarion was starting to get worried. Around day 5.5 they finally gave into boredom of exploring on a more personal level, then starting day 6 got overwhelmingly guilty and tried to leave the rooms back to where they found it.

Then... Nostarion was laying down in the crows nest, enjoying a cool drink when an explosion shook the nearby island. It was enough of a quake to spill the berry juice all over their front. Thankfully they had pulled the boat away from the shore line, or as they soon came to the conclusion that whatever- or whoever caused the sudden sink hole and whirl pool of draining sea water across the shore, it would've brought the boat with it.

They leaned attentively over the edge, holding carefully as more earthquakes occurred and the water kept swirling and draining into an unseen supposedly unground cavern. Nostarion rested their cheek to their fist but fell back with the surprise of a gush of water - and then a whale, a pink feathered whale. It opened it's mouth. Nostarion could barely make out some movement within, as well as some screeches. They ducked down below the line of sight, and waited within the crows nest. The birds flying around were in insane numbers, driving them to sink further into the nest. As voices grew closer and louder, they held their breath, suddenly growing anxious about facing their destiny.

Nobody_314 Nobody_314 bonesbo bonesbo Juju Juju TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Caligena Caligena

Users who are viewing this thread

Back