• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ► Insignia: Quests ◄

Octavius Harred

images

Interaction: Axel s e v e n s e v e n
Quest: Strapple Orchards

Octavius never minded sharing his food with his friends, especially when it came to his favourite food and thing, besides Rex, in the world, which is chips. He nodded before taking one more chip and biting down into it, savouring its flavour before turning to the companion by his side. "But have you heard of wolves eating strapples?" He asked before they made their way to the front door of the house. He knew that Axel wasn't very fond in engaging in an activity like picking strapples when they have gone on quests like battling tenebrae that were of the undead nature but he was glad to have some time off those strenuous quests just to indulge in a simple one that required close to no anima needed.

"Hello ma'am," was all Octavius Harred said to the woman as his partner has obviously introduced them, including himself, alongside what their purpose of coming here was. To be honest, the brunette was curious about the town itself and how it ran considering its relatively small population. He had seen some farms, meant for agriculture, no doubt but it was the small, homegrown type of business. Palmer Strapple Orchard was the biggest the two had seen so far. Plus, Autumnwood is to the further East of Tref's capital. He wondered whether the villagers here were living comfortably due to the unnecessary pollution and overpopulation here or whether they were 'suffering' slightly due to inconvenience of geographically location and amenities.

Octavius nodded but as soon as the woman mentioned a Mister Palmers, he pictured an old man laying on the floor, on a thin mattress who was very ill, considering the name of the orchard was 'Palmer' but to his surprise, it was a dog. A mongrel, he assumed, considering it had no dominant features of a purebred dog but nevertheless, still a loyal companion to humans. If one were to watch closely, they could have almost sworn that they saw Octavius' eyes glint and the corner of his lips tilting upwards. He loved dogs. In fact, he had a Golden Retriever who lives with him in his room at the Elite Ten dorms. The Academy was against it at first, considering how they were particular ot student allergies and safety but Rex proved to be the most tame 'student' in the Academy. Besides, a lot of his friends (and students he has never met before) loves Rex. As such, it was natural for the bigger male to crouch down so that he was just above Mister Palmers' head.

"I'm Octavius but you can call me Tavvy, Mister Palmers. It's nice to meet you." He said, as though he was speaking to another human, as he reached his hand forward to pat the dog on its head. It didn't give a reaction, as such, he assumed it was fine with it.

He then turned to the woman with curlers in her hair, still patting Mr Palmers, "How old is Mr Palmers?"

Kaia Eden Nightingale
”What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for college? Bison! Ha-ha!”

☼​
Protect The Boss || Requiem City || Uriah & Robbie || In Progress

Kaia was tempted to step on the girl laying on the ground looking fragile and irritating all at the same time. “I wish I could tie you to a tree and leave you there. But I need the money,” she told the girl honestly. The moment her friend arrived, her lips curved into a quirky smile. “I know but what I can I say? Food is a much higher priority than Jasmine at that point.” But even with their little screw up, at least Jasmine was safe and sound and now officially tied up to someone. With quick glances over at his food, Uriah finally picked up her signals and how she had all the access to his food. “Yay!” she exclaimed cheerfully, now she could eat her spaghetti and his lasagna.

They all glanced at Jasmine while her Pandora president dished out some honest truths meanwhile Robbie was playing food critic and feeding Jasmine her portion of the lasagna. You. Are. So. Dead, she mouthed to him. If there wasn’t a third of the lasagna left, Robbie was due for some laxative cookies. Kaia gazed downwards to the female and nodded, backing Uriah up. “If we could, we can just throw you in a ditch or something. Trust me sweetheart, no one (with maybe the exception of Rob) wants to be guarding you. We have better things to do than cater to the privilege,” Kaia added and Jasmine gasped at her choice of words.

“His words made sense, you’re just crude,” Jasmine scowled at the brunette who just laughed it off. Uriah was definitely everyone’s favorite in the trio, the nicest happy-go-lucky male. Rob was too wild and Kaia was apparently ’out of her mind’. She left Jasmine on the floor, hopping over her and stopped right in front of the container with lasagna just as Uriah mentioned that he indeed does have rope. She snatched the container of lasagna out of Rob’s hand as he figured out who was going to be tied up to Jasmine. The goddess decided it was going to be Rob and Kaia ate away as they walked to the carriage. Rob and the bald bodyguard were able to sit down while Kaia and Uriah were wasting away their energy outside.

Kaia turned to Uriah just after Rob made a face at her. Is this how he wanted to play? Kaia and Uriah wasn’t the one in a confined space. “What’s going on with him? Why is he acting all googoo gaagaa over her?” Kaia narrowed her eyes, believing there was something more to this. But suddenly her protective instinct kicked in, there was no way Kaia was going to let Jasmine take Rob away from them. Jasmine wasn’t good enough for him and she had to sabotage whatever relationship Rob is trying to build. Kaia was most likely the main reason why both of her best friends are still single after two years in Requiem Academy. “He’s going to regret this. Back up a little Uriah, you don’t want this near you.” And sure enough, the female held a hand against the carriage door before releasing hydrogen sulfide, the smell of rotten eggs into the carriage. The gaseous state only needed the tiniest of cracks to leak through and soon enough, Jasmine started coughing, pounding her hand against the door. The smell got so suffocating they had to stop the carriage to open the door.

“Robbie, Jasmine! What’s going? We’re not at Lord Jellyfish’s mansion yet,” Kaia gasped, playing innocent. She started to fake cough to the smell. “Did you release that Robbie? Oh god, what did you eat?” Kaia turned around to Uriah with her signature evil smile that her plan worked.

When the carriage was done airing out, they all headed inside including Kaia who took a foot inside the carriage.

“Y-you can’t be in here! I’m a duchess,” Jasmine hissed. “This is most inappropriate.”

“Well, on this mission, you’re my prisoner so I can sit everywhere I want,” Kaia retorted, climbing into the carriage. Pandora didn’t care about rules, so what if she was a nun or a princess? She pulled Uriah inside it along with her, grinning that she was ruining Rob’s plan to emotionally seduce Jasmine. Uriah and Kaia sat across from Rob and Jasmine meanwhile the bald bodyguard was kick to walking duty.

Her head rested on Uriah’s shoulder as she looked at Rob with a smile masking the sinister laugh inside her head. Of course both of her friends knew that she wasn’t smiling inside. They made small talk inside the carriage and soon, Kaia could see lord Jiepar’s place only a couple of feet away.

“We’re almost there!” But the carriage suddenly stopped before they could reach his front porch.

“Help! Bandits!” the footman screamed from the outside.

With his sword in hand, the bald bodyguard yelled, “Guard Jasmine with your life!”

Kaia turned to look at Jasmine who was smiling way too big for someone who just saw bandits.

“Give us Jasmine!” Abu shouted with a monkey on his shoulder. “Or else we’ll slaughter everyone here.”

Skryx Skryx Makomin Makomin

Katerina Vilken
Monster Raid || In Progress
Partner: Quinn Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

tumblr_inline_oe8hngJTmf1tgsn29_500.gif

The brunette's blood began to boil, almost by reflex, in Quinn's presence. Everything about her just irritated Katerina, from the way she was sharpening her weapon to the tone of voice she used to address the help. "Goddess forbid you treat the help here with any respect," Kat said, rolling her eyes. Of course Quinn's a bitch to the maid, she thought to herself, she's a rich girl; I bet she thinks she's better than them. There didn't have to be real evidence that this was true because Kat was going to believe it anyway. Her bias against Quinn made her incapable of seeing any of her actions in an objective light. The Pandora girl gave her a look that just screamed 'what kind of question is that?'

"I'm obviously here to visit my good friend, Crassus, for dinner,"
she said, each word practically dripping with sarcasm. She, of course, hadn't even met the man yet. The closer Quinn got to her, the more irritable she became. The next words that came out of Quinn's mouth made her want to shove the girl or something. Who the hell did she think she was? In what world was this little Syndicate prefect better than her? As if. The only thing Quinn needed more than a personality was a reality check. "Stay out of my way," was her one and final warning.

Speaking of the devil, Crassus walked into the room shortly after the words left her mouth. Her annoyance was replaced by a countenance of pure indifference. It was her professional face, though it wasn't exactly professional. It gave her the appearance of an apathetic teenager who didn't care what was happening- which, to be fair, she was- but it was much better than seeming like an annoyed, chaotic Magister in training. Kat stayed silent as Quinn did the work. She didn't consider herself much of a diplomat; she preferred being a fighter and getting her job done rather than communicating and making good relations. Her people skills were in desperate need of improvement.

When Crassus called them Magisters, she didn't bother trying to correct him, but was surprised when Quinn didn't either. Though confusion pervaded her thoughts, its only outward expression was a slightly raised eyebrow. She didn't care that they were lying to the man; she'd get paid either way in the end and that was what mattered- who cared about her rank if she could get the job done?

"This would work best if everyone stayed together on the same floor for the night. That way, we don't have to worry about someone stupidly going off on their own and getting attacked,"
she told him, choosing to finally speak up. It might have been worded like a suggestion, but the way she said it made it clear that it was an order. Crassus seemed a bit uncomfortable at the suggestion.

"Well, actually, the servants have their own separate quarters from us..."

"Not tonight. We aren't wasting energy on making sure that two locations are safe tonight. I'm sure you won't die from spending one night on equal grounds as your workers," she retorted, not bothering to even veil her annoyance. There was nothing she hated more than uppity rich people who thought they were better than others.

Crassus got the message and reluctantly agreed, then left to get the message spread. Katerina looked at Quinn, clearly displeased with the fact that they were partners. "It'd be stupid not to work together," she said, each word feeling like she was slowly ripping off a bandage: constantly painful, something that would be best to get over with quickly. "We take opposite sides of the mansion. Stay out of each other's way. If you need my help just scream, I guess," she suggested, with the slightest hint of condescension. She couldn't help it. She still hated Quinn, so of course she wouldn't just stop with the thinly veiled provocation.

She pulled her sleeves up, revealing two silver bracelets, each one winded around her wrist to her forearm. It was a practical fashion sort of thing. She unwrapped them from her arms with ease, making it seem like the bracelets were made of play-dough rather than actual metal that usually wouldn't simple get unwound without difficulty. She molded the bottom half of one bracelet into a hilt and the rest of the two into a blade, using her fingers to mold a sharp tip. The end product was a simple, sharp sword that she could slice tenebrae in half with. She was ready to go.

tumblr_inline_nfyxkwgXmq1smn73p.png

q u e s t || the thief

l o c a t i o n || requiem city

t e a m || jack and zander

t a g s || Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Zander's eagerness came as a shock to Jack, but he figured that the hours they spent just laying there was probably the cause.

"Wait for me!" Zander didn't heed the call and went right on ahead. Jack sighed as he followed him to the best of his ability, all the while wiping his hands down with napkins because of the grease from the pizza and wings. "I wish I brought some hand sanitizer with me." He whined, lagging behind Zander considerably.

Soon enough, Zander's frequent stopping boded well for Jack as he caught up with him. Through slight heaving, Jack understood that Zander's course of action was to infiltrate a seemingly run-down apartment building and spy on whatever Burt was doing in the alleyway.

Getting in quite easily, they snuck over to a boarded up window. There were still cracks so you could see through it, and Burt was there, talking to seemingly, an invisible person. This brought a smirk to Jack's face, a smug grin looking up at Zander.

"Being a genius is a hobby of mine." Jack whispered, an obvious air of sarcasm to it. He thought about how to proceed next.

Turning back to Zander, "Uh, since we have to get the goods back, we can't really just beat them up here, right?" Clearing his throat, he thought up an idea. "What if we forced them to direct us to the goods?" He winked at him.

"If I just put a forcefield around them, they can't escape right? Of course, they could wait it out, but that's why we have your brute strength, right?" Jack raised his fist, a small, almost invisible sphere forming around it, as if he was showing off. "Good plan, right?"

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 6
ANIMAL FARM

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

Every man is born good. Coming into this world, we are all clean slates, a piece of clear white paper waiting to be written on. It is how we lived our lives, or how our lives lived us, that determines what we would come to be. Drastic changes come from the tiniest ones, and these are the ones that shapes us most. Three years ago, in the age of sixteen, Axel Luxforeas must say that he was a very different boy from who he is right now. Looking past his old self, the young boy was ready to make his own clean slate. That perhaps Requiem Academy would become his only chance of redemption; his single last opportunity to abandon his past and start anew. He went pass his grieving; it was time to move on. How stupid, how gravely mistaken his naïve young self was.

Three years ago, on these exact same halls, Axel found himself ascending the staircase towards a place he visited just way too often: the room of his best friend, Ajax. His body perhaps a few inches shorter, his fair hair tousled in a mess and his every steps filled in enthusiasm, filled in hope, the young boy skipped the stairs two-by-two, a lunchbox carried in his hand. It all began a few weeks ago when his platinum haired friend had asked him for food. So, as the good friend he is, he decided to cook something for him. Despite being told that his cooking was plain terrible (in a whole lot different vocabularies at that), Ajax had continued on coming over and eating his cooking until at a certain point (he never knew when) somehow Axel bringing the food over to his room. Talk about lazy. But he knew his friend was in need, how heartless would he be if he had just ignored it? Knocking on the door, the young boy didn’t wait for an answer before charging right in. Ajax’s two other roommates has known him well enough, anyway.

You really need to stand up for yourself, you know?” One of the boys stated, looking over from one of the beds. “Ajax is treating you like you’re his maid or something. Are you two even dating?

Axel just laughed, ignoring their comments as he placed the box on Ajax’s bed, which he was immensely familiar with as of the moment. “I gave him enough shit already. That asshole sort of deserves it,” was all his response before he took a seat on Ajax’s bed, looking around. “Speaking of which, where is that guy?

Ajax’s two roommates simply stared at each other briefly before shrugging in sync. “He just left a few minutes ago. He didn’t say where, he never does, anyway,” the male shrugged again. Axel nodded, standing up and bid them goodbye. For some odd reason, he didn’t have to warn the two guys of not eating his food. Was it that bad? Who cares, Axel refuses to believe so anyway. Leaving the room, the blonde peeked over the railings and surely enough, that platinum blonde hair stood out way from the rest. Like always, curiosity wins over. Dashing down the stairs, Axel began his journey to find out what on earth this sloth was up to.

They passed the Tref Forest, the blonde boy making sure he kept his distance right and that he didn’t step on a single twig. So far it was pretty vague- perhaps he was really simply looking for a place to nap, knowing that guy. Who cares anyway, at this point Axel’s goal was reduced to none other than to simply surprise and scare the shit out of him. After a while of walking, with the blonde growing more and more curious as to what his friend was up to, they reached a village of the sort. Minute identical houses like ones he might associate with dwarves lined up in two different rows, their roofs painted in the exact same shade of bright red and the same rounded wooden doors. It was a real peaceful village, seemingly out from a fairy tale. Axel followed him forwards, carefully distancing himself while hiding in crowds as he eyed the platinum haired male. However, it seems that Ajax has stopped in front of an old farmer and they initiated a conversation.

Just then Axel realized. Of course. That poor kid is taking way too much quests than he can possibly manage. A tinge of empathy tugged at his heart as he watches his friend converse with the farmer. What kind of friend wouldn’t help out in such a time? In that moment, Axel decided to remove himself from his hiding spot and just approach the male. Oddly enough, before he even said anything, it was as though the other could sense his presence, before he even looked back. Axel snickered, shaking his head in amusement. “It’s nice to meet you too, Ajax. Didn’t take you as a type to be willing to work at all,” he retorted, a smirk playing on his face. He turned and smiled at the farmer as well, who seemed to be beaming in joy as he welcomed the possibility of additional helping hand. It was a nice feeling, helping people. It makes him feel like he was good. He hopes the goddess is seeing him right now.

Given the list, Axel scanned it briefly before handing it over to Ajax. “Please,” the blonde scoffed, rolling his eyes. “I know you are glad to see me. Just admit it and the world can revolve again,” he grinned before looking around. Just nearby, there was a few wooden cabins. Seeing his perplexed friend, Axel rolled his eyes again. “A random assumption, but that one with the egg picture hung by its door probably has the chickens,” he said, advancing towards the chicken pen. As Axel pushed open the door, the blonde instantly coughed from all the feathers and dusts flying around. The hens sat nicely upon their respective stalls, upon seeing him instantly breaking into a random series of chuckling and in that moment every chicken begin to flap their wings, though none moved from their locked spots.

Nice chicken…Good chicken…Please don’t bite me…” Axel hushed, picking an empty basket just by the door before entering, watching his pace to not accidentally step on a baby chicken or chicken poop or some sort. He bent down, hesitating at first, looking back and forth between Ajax and the chicken. The hen stared back at him, tilting her head back and forth in a real judgmental manner and in that moment Axel had an instant rush of guilt. “Sorry…” he apologized to the chicken as he reached under her, the chicken giving one loud noise before she settled down again. Pulling out his hand, the boy conjured a round chicken egg, though he never expected it would stink that much.

I still think the egg comes before the chicken, you know…” he muttered, observing the egg in his hand briefly as he placed the first egg in his basket, before looking up and smiles at his friend. “See Jay? Not so hard after all, isn’t it?” He said, before a smirk crept into his face. “Or is little Jay-Jay here too scared of getting a little dirty?

However, upon looking at the look on the platinum boy’s face, Axel’s smile faded as quickly as it had arrived. “No. Whatever you’re thinking, no.”

coded by:@_707_​

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 5
RAT INFESTATION

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Jack Kim normal normal

When the blonde had been notorious for his endless urban exploring at the Requiem City, this time the elite member had oddly came for a purpose. Of course, there was simply nothing wrong with his bizarre habit of observing, but for once that wasn’t exactly what he was looking for. Rumor has it that there has been an abnormal tenebrae sighting around the dock area of Requiem. Some says it was huge with eleven tentacles though unlike any octopus, others say it could fly and spray blue flames. Of course, neither of the sources could be proven reliable, nor believable. So with the evening sun just beginning to descend, Axel found himself roaming the docks of Requiem, holding to a tiny strand of hope that maybe that tenebris was proven to be true. After all, he had the opportunity with all his paper works finished early, and there was still time before curfew. So why not use the chance?

Hands shoved in his pockets, his ears plugged in booming music, the blonde strolled along the wooden panels, dark eyes drifting across the surface of water, gentle ripples emerging from the tender afternoon breeze. For a second Axel hoped for a sudden appearance of something majestic, perhaps a horse sprouting out of the water, chaste wings protruding off its back as angels serenaded in a sweet tuneful hymn. Of course, none of that would be happening any time soon. Perhaps it was indeed just nothing more than a rumor. A concise hint of regret tugged at his nerves briefly, though he knew that in order to spot something interesting, sacrifices has to be made- such as going home empty handed every once in a while.

There was literally nothing stopping him from just enjoying the day like he usually does, but perhaps it was a sort of a disappointment a bit too large that kills down the enthusiasm. Perhaps he should just return now, there was literally nothing interesting to see. Just as Axel was about to head back to main street, he felt a hand grabbing upon his wrist tightly. The male looked over his shoulder, glancing upon a man around his mid-forties, wrinkles begin to paint along his forehead and cheeks, hair starting to grey and shed, shadows formed underneath his eyes.

Are you a Magister?” the man pleaded, his eyes wide and rounded in hope.

Though he would usually take on a random encounter such as these, something tells him that right now, all he wanted is a bit of rest. “Nope. Sorry,” He said, pulling his hand away. But the grip only tighten. For such an old man, his strength was impressive. Perhaps a cargo coolie?

Please, son,” The man pleaded again, and Axel’s eye twitch. Son. “All I need is a bit of help, won’t take long I promise you! There are rat tenebrae in my storehouse=

Rat tenabrae. He went in search for a brand new, possibly legendary tenebris and this is what he gets? “Really, sir, I’m busy-” Axel said, snatching his hand away from the grip of the old man. As much as he is very tempted upon using his anima upon the old man, somehow along the line he decided that maybe he could listen a bit more, then he can do whatever.

Not long, I promise you,” the desperate man repeated once more. “Please get rid of all these rodents! Burn them, poison them, drown them. I don't care. Just get them out of here before they completely infest my stock!"

When Axel simply gave him a straight face, panic glistened in the man’s eye before he quickly added “I’ll pay! Five G, no- TEN. TEN G. What do you say, son-

Axel.

Yes, Axel. Will you lend a hand to a poor old man?” the man reached out to hold his hand again. Axel took a step backwards, eyeing him in distaste. It had simply been a long day, and perhaps it would be even worse if he literally came home empty handed. Earning a few cash wouldn’t hurt…right? And of course, it couldn’t possibly be that hard.

Double it, and it’s a deal,” Axel sighed. The man beamed, his expression immediately brightening upon the agreement. So desperate. How pathetic. “Thank you! Thank you very much! Come, let me take you to my storehouse-

Just a moment, sir,” Axel said, though his eyes were scanning the scene. He didn’t know what he expected to see, but just his luck when he saw a familiar figure just standing around close, perhaps sorting through the markets near the docks. Or whatever he was doing, really, Axel couldn’t possibly care less. A tousle of dark hair, a distinctively Eastern face, he knew exactly who that person was. Perfect.

Hey! You. James! John, Jacob. Andrew? Asian face. Squint eyes? Yeah you.” Axel waved once he finally got the boy’s attention, a prefect of Pandora if he wasn’t mistaken. Of course, he remembered the name; it was obligatory for an Elite to mess around in these sort of area anyway. But then again, where is the fun in that? “Come here.”

A J A X
”Seeing people change isn’t what hurts the most. It’s remember who they used to be.”

Animal Farm || Tref Village || Ajax & Axel || In Progress

If life was anything, it was unexpected. Choices are nonlinear and one only can live with the consequences. Nothing was everlasting; laughter dies, happiness ends, and relationships perish. Even holding that true, Ajax, three years ago, would have never guessed the future. If asked where he sees himself in five years, maybe he would have said by his best friend’s side, graduating and finally having a fucking decent dinner for once. That meal was going to be made by Ajax because Axel couldn’t cook to save his life. He would have guessed that Axel would still be shorter than him but no less obnoxious. He would still bring him lunches and Ajax would still eat it even if he died a little inside every time. The future wasn’t perfect but at least it would have been ideal. But fate was cruel and dreams were meant to be crushed.

Taking the list from Axel, he snorted, “Boy, am I glad you’re here. Now I can take a nap, wake me up when you’re done.” Ajax shoved the list back into his pocket. That earned him an eye roll from Axel who then proceeded to tell him where to find the chickens. “Hnn, I guess. I’m right behind you.” he answered, sitting down a few feet away from Axel who opened the door. Immediately the hens started clucking defensively, flapping their things as if telling him to go away or else. “Look, they’re already in love with you. Good going,” Ajax encouraged his friend just as he decided to lie down on his side. His arm was on the ground with his elbow bent at a forty-degree angle as he rested his head on his palm. His grin only grew bigger and bigger as Axel started to talk to the chickens because, obviously, that was the best way to collect eggs. One had to talk to the chicken, soothe their fear and worries, “C’mon Ax. Why don’t you give them a belly massage and sing to them while you’re at it?” Ajax shouted with a snigger. The hen was a real no nonsense female. He could basically visualize the female putting her hands on her hip, glaring at Axel to dare him to take her precious children. How dare you, the hen squawked the moment he reached to steal her chicken. Murderer!

Sure, Ajax should have helped since he was the one who took this quest in the first place but instead, his body shook with mirth. Just watching the whole scene was the best thing ever. He had no idea why Axel would take this quest but at least it was proving to be rather entertaining. Ajax never really cared which came first and honestly, he had no fucking clue but because Axel was adamant that the egg came first, he shook his head in disagreement. “Nah, it’s the chicken. It has to be the chicken.”

Ajax looked at Axel skeptically, not really interested in shoving his hands underneath hens when Axel seemed like a pro chicken handler but the taunt got to him. “Getting a little dirty? Have you fucking sniff your hand? I can smell the odor from all the way over here.” But suddenly an lightbulb lit up and he knew what to do. This was most efficient and they could get the other tasks done faster. Better yet, he wouldn’t have to go around smelling like shit. The male grinned like a cheshire cat who found the solution to the impossible. He quickly got up, his hand cupping Axel’s mouth before easing his worries. A habit he can’t stop doing even years from now. “Shhhh, I got this, Ax. When have I ever failed you, hm?” Almost all the fucking time but now wasn’t the time to be listing all of the screw-ups with his anima. “I’ll finish this for the both of us so you can stop grimacing every single time you dig your hand underneath. You’ll thank me later. Trust me,” his voice was sonorously confident as he patted the blonde’s shoulder reassuringly.

Ajax took the basket from Ajax before deciding this was the best time to practice his anima. The arena was vast, he couldn’t hurt anyone except for the eggs but the bigger picture was that Ajax would be an expert at collecting eggs via vector manipulation by the time he was done with the quest. Concentrating, Ajax subconsciously reached his hand towards one of the hens and she slowly ascended in the air. The surprise was the sudden kicking and flustering of her wings but Ajax pulled each egg towards him, one at a time before he placed the hen back down on her nest. One by one, he managed to lift the mother up and collect the eggs in the basket.

But soon, Ajax became ambitious. The last hen hovered in the air, clucking, squawking as if she was going to be cooked alive. He was confident he could collect the last three eggs all at once while their mother was flapping her wings angrily in the air. The eggs began to float out of its nest and Ajax carefully placed the hen down with a sigh of relief. One done, he just needed to bring the eggs to his basket. That was the easy part. They drifted over ever so slowly as if one was watching a movie on YouTube on -2x speed. Just as they floated over the basket, Ajax attention went to Axel about to give him that, ‘yes I know I’m great’ talk but his diverted attention resulted in a sidetracked anima. The three eggs followed his line of vision, flinging itself forcefully against Axel’s face with the yolk and the egg white dripping down his hair to his face allowing it to fall with gravity onto the floor. Silence hung dead in the air before Ajax’s shoulders trembled uncontrollably and he burst into laughter. He held his stomach, gasping for air as tears started forming from the corner of his eyes.

“Those eggs don’t do you justice. Shit Ax, you look like fucking hell,” Ajax snickered, attempting to compliment his friend as a way of apology but failing miserably. When he finally stopped laughing, he reached out to wipe away the casualties, both of his hands brushing against Axel’s cheek and forehead. “Come on, I did that faster than you would’ve. We would have to watch you bow down and apologize to each hen before taking their eggs.” He shook his hands to get the remaining yolk off of him. He took out the list, looking at the second thing. “Looks like we’re milking cows next and clean up their stool.” Ajax looked dubious as they walked towards the barn that contained all the cows. The stench of their dung was overwhelming and even he coughed a few times before covering his mouth. After all of this shitty work, they were going to get five gold coins or six eggs. That barely would feed him for a couple of days. He would have exited out of the quest if it weren’t for Axel. If they had to suffer, at least Ajax was suffering with his best friend. “Hold up. Do you know how to milk a cow?” he asked doubtfully when they reached the first black and white cow. Ajax knew Axel was somewhat more well off than he was because a single costed a fucking arm and a leg. He didn’t know exactly how wealthy but still, the better question was…was he ever even near a cow?

s e v e n s e v e n

Last edited:
Robert Daze
Interactions: Kaye Sasil Sasil Kaia Polaris. Polaris.
Quest: Rats Infestation

Another day, another quest. When Kaia had pestered him and Uriah about taking on a new quest so she could get some new shoes, Rob had complained about the sheer number of pairs she had already but had ultimately agreed. Even if he did spend a ridiculous amount of time tripping over her shoes whenever they were in her room, he was never one to say no to anything Uriah or Kaia might suggest- "Alright but only since you admitted my hair is fabulous." It was a surprise when Uriah had denied, saying he was busy. The three of them usually did all their quests together, in fact Rob couldn't remember the last time their trio hadn't all been together for one. No, this time Kaye would be joining them.

Kaia's sister.

Rob didn't know her even half as well as he did Kaia, but he knew she was pretty (Prettier than his fellow Pandora, but he didn't want to start another scuffle with her at this moment so he kept his mouth shut). His love life had been rather empty ever since he enrolled at Requiem Academy and though he couldn't blame her outright, Rob was quite sure it was Kaia's fault. So what better way to annoy his best friend than to flirt with her sister. He almost changed his mind when Kaia proclaimed her trust in him, but instead he quipped, "Is this you giving me your blessing?" and ducked out of the way in case she tried to hit him. "Does you sis like younger guys, K?" he teased, keeping out of reach. Thankfully Kaye arrived before Kaia could kill him and Rob gave her a small wave before the three of them set off. It was a short walk down to the warehouse, so Rob held his tongue for the moment.

"Yes, I am the man for this job," Rob puffed out his chest proudly before laughing, unable to hold a straight face. He was about to say something else but was promptly sidetracked by Kaye. "A Rat King would be neat, though I'm not so sure where it would get the crown. I'm just picturing a really, really huge rat right now. But then again, I'm not as creative as you. You could probably draw up a pretty cool King Rat," He grinned at Kaye, before glancing over at the book she had pulled out. "Oh wow. Those look great." If he sounded genuine this time, it was because he was actually impressed and not just trying to get on Kaia's nerves. He bit back the question he wanted to ask and instead turned to tease his friend. "And just what are you contributing to this team K?" He smirked at her before plucking the keys from her hand and fitting it into the lock.

"We should get a look at this warehouse fir-" Pushing the door open and stepping inside, Rob's voice trailed off. "Is it me or is it a lot bigger on the inside?" The ceiling was high with small windows lining the walls near the top, sunlight filtering through the gaps in the dust and cobwebs clinging to the rafters. Cluttered shelves and stacked up crates made a series of narrow aisles along the room. "And look. Stairs." A quick hop and a couple of careful strides had him leaning over the wooden railing and peering down into the darkness. "I think he ripped us off, K." Then he remembered Kaye was here too. "And other K." A sudden stroke of brilliance struck him and he froze for a second before straightening and turning back to the two sisters with a wide grin. "Nightingals!" He exclaimed, feeling very pleased with himself for that particularly genius idea before a blur of movement at his feet made him startle.

"Goddess!" He swore, kicking out instinctively. It was a solid hit and the lump of brown let out a high pitched squeak as it was lifted into the air by the force of the blow and was sent flying into the air. "Damn rats." The unfortunate pest landed on one of the shelves and disappeared, squeaking wildly as Rob stared after it, heart still racing a little from the sudden appearance. When he had recovered from the shock he turned to his two quest mates. His grin returned. "So what now, Nightingals?"

tumblr_omytq5Vcgl1rm5ogdo4_250.gif

Ѧ

Quest: Monster Raid

Team: Quinn & Kat( Aster Aster )

Quest #3: Monster Raid

Some people would never learn. Quinn’s demeanor remained passive, her face like a stone-cold mask as Kat ranted and raved like the lunatic Quinn always knew she was. The help? Immaterial to their mission. Constant, caustic sarcasm? Certainly, not the product of a stable mind. Quinn, of course, knew all this about Kat already. She’d always known it, from the moment she first saw the Pandoran bitch of a vice president. She wondered how the lesser affiliation even functioned with someone like that occupying one rung below the top. Then again, it probably speaks to the inferiority of her guild that Kat even managed to rise so high at all. Truly pathetic. Quinn almost felt a pang of guilt. Almost. Her foster family had taught her not to throw stones at the less fortunate, after all. But, since she was going to anyway, she might as well hit them in the head.

Stay out of her way? If only Quinn were so lucky. In fact, she’d prefer nothing more than to never have to lay eyes on, or smell the stench of Pandora ever again. When Kat decided to speak to their benefactor, Quinn smiled. It was the only way she could think of to keep her own mouth shut in the face of such overwhelming stupidity. Kat’s directive wasn’t a bad one, per se, but it was made all the worse by the fact that she’d been the one who’d said it. Crassus seemed none-too-pleased by the proposition of spending the night with his staff, which Quinn found almost amusing. But she was not here to be amused. She was here to complete the task laid out before her, and bring back the reward to the Syndicate. Quinn would certainly not let any Tenebrae, or Pandoran, get in the way of Syndicate’s success.

Kat’s rudeness almost made Quinn flinch. What a miserable fool. Didn’t she realize that he was the one who was paying them to be here? Quinn smiled again, this time in Crassus’ direction. A cold expression, devoid of any actual warmth, or shred of human kindness. Still, it was a gesture of good faith. She had to try and smooth out Kat’s outburst somehow, if only to avoid being lumped in with her when the time came for rewards to be handed out. “It’s for the best. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.” As she spoke, and Crassus went on his way, she shot Kat an inscrutable look.

Kat was speaking again, but Quinn could hardly pretend to care. Her well of patience for the insufferable girl had finally run dry. Work together? What happened to stay out of my way? Quinn waited patiently for Kat to finish speaking. Once she was positive that the girl was finally finished, Quinn offered her own last words.“Don’t worry. If you die tonight, I’ll bring your body back to Pandora.” They can do with it whatever those low-lives do. At that, the Syndicate prefect turned on her heels and walked off, taking up her post at the far side of the floor, fingers tracing the hilt of her sword strapped to her hip.

Quinn leaned up against a column of marble, arms knit tightly across her chest. They’d been waiting for what felt like hours, but it might’ve been minutes for all she was sure. Time seemed to move strangely here. Quinn cast a look over at the guards huddled together near the center of the room. She didn’t realize she’d been staring until one of them looked up back at her and did the strangest thing. He smiled. Dumbfounded, Quinn wrenched her gaze away, too late. The sound of metal armor plating rustling around alerted to the fact that one of the guard was walking over. She turned to look at the great wooden door, large and reinforced with steel. It would hold for a little while at least.

“You don’t look like any Magister I’ve ever seen.” Spoke the guard. Quinn looked over, but his face was mostly obscured by the visor of his helmet. She deigned not to answer, firstly out of annoyance, but when he spoke again, she pushed herself from the column, taking a half-step toward the door.

“Do you hear that?” She asked the man, derailing his line of conversation entirely. It sounded like a dull knock. For a moment all was quiet. Everyone listened. Then the knock came again, louder this time. This time, everyone heard.

“Men! On the door!”

Suddenly, the guard was alive and moving, creating a perimeter surrounding the door as it began to buckle. The wooden beams began to groan, and bend. Whatever was on the other side desperately wanted to come in. Calm like the eye of a winter storm, Quinn brought her right arm, bent at the elbow, back over her head, extending her left arm out, parallel to the ground. Suddenly, in her hands appeared a recurve war bow, and a quiver full of arrows on her back. In the next breath, the doors came down, and in rushed the hellish horde. At the vanguard, one large Tenebris, almost insect-like in appearance with plated dermal armor covering the majority of its hide, and large enough to fill up the whole doorway, stomped in first, followed by screeching bat-like creatures, whose leathery wings beat, casting shadows across the floor. Finally, in swarmed several wretched bipedal monsters, the size of children, all gnashing teeth and pitch black skin.

Quinn nocked an arrow, training her sights on one of the winged horrors. Closing one eye, she loosed the bolt, striking the creature in the spot where its heart would lie. Shrieking as it died, the bat Tenebris and the conjured arrow both dispersed into shadow before either of them hit the ground. From there, Quinn moved back, deeper into the great hall, creating space as the wall of Tenebrae clashed against the shields of the guard. Finding another target, she reached back and drew another arrow, nocking it. Drawing the great bow back, she took aim, breathed out, then fired.

[FONT=Domine[SIZE=2][/FONT]​
Ѧ

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 6
ANIMAL FARM

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS

Once. Twice. Three times maybe, if you count that one time. Oh wait- how about ALL THE BUGGIN’ TIME? was what he wanted to say, but then again, Ajax had grown a ridiculously annoying habit of constantly shutting him up just whenever he feels like it. When the platinum blonde male had let him go, Axel simply leaned his body against the door frame, wanting to cross his arms before remembering how dirty he got his hands. He smelled like shit, everything smelled like shit. He just hopes the next work wouldn’t involve him in much more dirt and let his hands be the last of it. However, he knew it wouldn’t be the case if he was questing with Ajax.

Sure sure, Mr. Chicken Expert. Let me just sit here and marvel at your talents,” Axel stated, sarcasm practically dripping in every syllable. However, the moment he watched Ajax begin on his anima demonstration, Axel must admit he was sort of impressed, perhaps even a little bit jealous. As lame as Ajax’s anima was, it was only lame because the person wielding it is also lame. The blonde could actually see potential in it, despite not ever going to admit it out loud for the sake of his own pride. His own anima? Making lights flicker and weird voices. Terrific. How is that supposed to kill tenebrae? Make them kill themselves while watching his horrible attractions? He wondered if all students start like him, but maybe he’s just trying to cheer himself up way too hard.

I never knew you’re a part-time flying instructor for chickens,” Axel chuckled as he watched his friend deep in concentration. Now Ajax could even begin to control it (even when it made him feel like the world has reduced to slow motion), the eggs hovering in air in a tunic rhythm while the mother hens clawed at their faces like No! My babies!. Maybe it’s about time he tells Ajax that not all eggs contain baby chicks and that they’re more like chicken menstruation. Yuck. In a matter of minute (maybe fifteen minutes, let’s be honest), his platinum blonde friend has managed to get into the last three eggs. Internally Axel was shouting No. No don’t do it. You suck too much man don’t, but in all honesty he too was curious to how it would end. A small part of him secretly wishes him for failure, but what kind of friend doesn’t? That’s sort of the quirks of being best friends.

But maybe he wasn’t supposed to do that, because karma quickly bit him on the back just as soon as the thought passed him. Before he knew it, something flashed before his eyes, so fast he couldn’t even comprehend what it was. An impact served hard right against his forehead. The next moment he knew, his hair was curling and sticking all over his face, thick white yolk dripping off the strands and the bridge of his nose. Axel could’ve sworn he wanted to say something, yell at Ajax for how stupid he is for a first, but for some reason something caught to him. He remained silent, Ajax remained silent, even all the chickens remain silent, with all their heads turned towards them and their beady eyes wide in horror. It was as if the air had become still, time kept in place as the whole world turned to watch his misery. Then Ajax started laughing.

A part of him wanted to strangle him to the ground, but for some reason Axel couldn’t help but laugh too, spitting some yolk out of his mouth. And the chickens ran wild again, squawking and clucking. “Still look better than you any time of the day, asshole,” Axel commented, letting his friend wipe off all the casualties he have made (even when he clearly sucks at tending to other people). But surely enough, they had finished their job far quicker than anticipated (maybe) despite all the casualties. So with that, the pair made their exits, the chickens rampaging and perhaps shouting at them to never come back. On the way towards the cow barns, Axel wrung his hair off the yolk, making them stand out in odd places. He wiped his hand at the back of Ajax’s shirt as he casually passed by him. Inside, it perhaps stink just as much as it did on the coot, perhaps even more with all the waste literally spread everywhere on every inch of the floor. Axel had to make sure he watched his step on the way in…and just hopes that his friend wouldn’t be doing anything stupid again. Of course, deep down he knows he’s going to be let down just once again. The blonde tilted his head, observing the four-legged creature. So it is black-and-white. It looks way too cartoon to be real.

I thought cows were supposedly brown or something…” He muttered to himself as he bent down, and surely enough, those things are just right underneath them. The things that look like pink plugs. “Aren’t you just supposed to pull at it?” he said, before adding “Like a lever or something. Wait up.” The blonde went to reach for his phone, but stopped midway in learning that his current state of hand would probably ruin his phone forever. He turned in a look for a tap or anything, but all he found was a bucket filled with water from who-knows-where. Should do for now. Axel went over and dipped his hand in whatever substance that was. Pulling his now ‘clean’ hand free, the blonde finally reached for his phone and began clicking on Google because what is not on Google, right? It’s the reasonable thing to do before they start to fuck shit up. Again. But before he’s gotten anywhere at all, the world decided not to be nice to him just yet.

Shit,” he cussed under his breath, shoving his phone back in his pocket, because little did his young self knows that his anima is capable of manipulating radio waves as such. “What kind of place doesn’t have reception right now? Middle Earth?” He sighed, glancing back and forth between Ajax and the cow. “Well, I guess we’re on our own now,” Axel said with a shrug of his shoulders. “I had my turn back then, now I think it’s only fair if you go first…” he said, nodding towards the cow which seemingly mooed in agreement as well. “Especially after what you did to me…” He added in the end, lifting his eyebrows as indication that Ajax should go first.

tumblr_ntevlmzV0g1rfjviho1_250.gif
x QUEST x

The Thief

x STATUS x

In progress

x LOCATION x

Requiem City

x TEAM x

Zander & Jack

x TAGS x

normal normal

Quest #1: The Thief
Zander heard Jack call out for him to slow down, but he couldn’t. This was the most action they’d seen all night, and it was about time, too. He had started going stir crazy up on that roof. He needed action, and when the opportunity to actually do something arose, he had to jump on it. Over his shoulder, he peered into the gloomy dark, searching for Jack’s familiar silhouette. “Hurry up!” Zander whispered as loud as he could, not trying to tip off Burt to the fact he was being followed.

Once they were both at the window overlooking the villainous rendezvous unfolding in the alley below, Zander looked to Jack for the plan, enduring his brief spout of hubris. “Hey. Save the bragging until after we’ve caught them, alright?” He chastised the younger man for losing sight of the mission at hand, but couldn’t do so without a microscopic smile briefly overtaking his face. Zander looked away from Jack and back out through the cracks in the window boards. “So, how do we do it?”

As Jack formulated and subsequently explained his grand plan, Zander listened. When he’d finished, topping it off with a cute demonstration of his Anima, the Genesis VP nodded. “That’s a good plan.” Zander switched his gaze from Jack to their marks, then back to Jack. One final curt nod, and he was ready to go, even though he wasn't exactly sure what part he was supposed to play in this plan of theirs. “Let’s do this.”

Before Jack had a chance to stop him, Zander had turned and was heading back down the stairs at breakneck speed. His thought process? Cut off Burt and his invisible amigo’s only avenue of escape. He figured that by making himself a living road block, Jack might have an easier time locking the two men down. He darted out of the open doorway, turning sharply right and down the alleyway, making a great big scene, halting just at the entrance to the alleyway.

“Hey!” He definitely had their attention now. Zander was just close enough to witness the flicker of recognition flash across the fishmonger's face, despite it being muddled with fright.

After that, he sort of just… stood there. Looked menacing. He stared down Burt and, presumably, Burt’s invisible cohort, all the while waiting for Jack to get to work. In hindsight, rushing in like that probably wasn’t the best plan. He couldn’t charge in without risking the invisible man slipping right passed him. And he couldn’t back off now, either. He’d just be leaving them a wide open exit. His best course of action, he figured, was to stay put, hold his ground, and hope that Jack cast a wide enough net that he snagged both of the men at once.

Last edited:

A J A X
”Seeing people change isn’t what hurts the most. It’s remember who they used to be.”

Ajax watched curiously as Axel knelt down, looking as if he was an expert at milking cows as well as examining them. The cow swayed her tail back and forth like a pendulum, bellowing just as Ajax too leveled himself downwards. He squinted at the pink teats, counting not one but four of them. Truth be told, the male was hoping Axel would be curious enough to have a go at the cow because watching this male do work was watching a little boy play house. He shrugged, “Try pulling it like a lever and see what happens,” he goaded but Axel knew better than to let Ajax get to him. As Axel went to wash things off his hands, the platinum blonde rubbed the cow’s side to ease her anxiety and inspect her health. She looked ready to be milked. By the time Ajax returned his attention to his friend, the male appeared exasperated by his phone, fumbling with it before tucking it away. “It’s a farm, smartass. We’re in the rural area. If a tenebris shows up here, we’re both fucked,” he muttered wryly. Axel would be more fucked with his flickering lights ability but at least he would make a great distraction while Ajax ran away, not that he would leave his friend stranded with a tenebris. Standing back up, Ajax turned to face Axel as the male made up reasons or more like excuses to not touch a cow.

“Alright princess,” he sighed however looking more charmed than annoyed. “I’ll milk the cow since I got you dirty and all. Just watch and learn. You can’t be scared of a little squirt. That’s all,” he smirked, his posture oozed with conviction. He had this right in his palm.

Being poor had its advantages since Ajax did basically everything a human had to do to earn money whether it was fixing the toilet at the age of twelve, picking up garbage, or just milking a pretty little cow. He was basically a handyman, there wasn’t anything he couldn’t sit down and figure out but at the same time, why bother? He walked over to the nearest empty bucket, picking it up before dropping it right below the curved belly. “She’s a chubby one,” he tilted his head to examine her belly. Ajax gently wrapped his thumb and forefinger forming a circle around one of the teats. Slowly but surely, the male quickly squeeze the udder to release a minuscule squirt of milk. He did the same for the other three checking the appearance of milk and making sure it was white and smooth instead of clumpy. ”Yo Ax, I think we got a good cow here,” Ajax patted her belly for good faith. He was confident that this cow was going to give them a lot of product. With both of his legs knelt on the floor, Ajax began pulling the udder, emptying each one until the bucket was completely full. “…You did good,” he stroke the cow’s back once more as if she just gave birth.

He turned towards the blonde, looking smugger than ever. “Did you learn, young grasshopper? Come on then, let’s finish this before the sunset. We still have some sheep and pigs to feed.” He walked to the nearest corner where the empty buckets were placed like an assembly line. He snatched up two on each hand before handing two to Axel. “And we can clean up the dung once we’re done collecting the milk. I’ll take these four and you take the other five over there.” Since young, the male hated doing extra work and if it was not split evenly, he would always choose the lesser amount. But it would be cruel and unusual to leave Axel alone, milking the cows by himself while Ajax gets to go on a lunch break. If it had been anyone else with him, the male would have already ditched his work.

He started his next cow rather quickly, making sure to avoid stepping on black debris scattered all over the floor. The cow was busy eating hay or whatever leftover from earlier, mooing in happiness once her udder was cleared for the day. With each cow, Ajax habitually praised them but not like how Axel sang to the chickens. He only did it so they wouldn’t make a huge fuss and start dashing off elsewhere. A reassuring touch was all that was needed to ease the cow into eating and ignoring the fact that humans were violating their milk glands.

Ajax yawned the moment he got to the third cow, it was already past his post afternoon nap time and it was always during this exact hour that anyone could find him fast asleep anywhere. Too bad there was no place to hide out. The third bucket was soon filled and Ajax walked over to Axel, peering over the male. “Heh. You can give the cow a massage, you know, if that makes you go faster. They also like it when you sing to them,” he joked. “Who knows, it might go better than the chickens,” he taunted, tousling Axel’s hair with his dirty hands. The blonde was now more of a dirty blonde. “Think you better off like this,” he commented but ran away before Axel could dish his revenge. Ajax went to grab the last two empty buckets, going back to doing his work and minding his business. Finally, once he was done with the cows, he sighed, wiping the sweat on his forehead with his sleeves. He then rolled them up in order to start working on the next task: removing shit on the ground.

Yet before either of them could have started, the very first cow laid on the floor, mooing in pain. The abrupt sound caught Ajax’s awareness and he gestured Axel to come over. “Shit, is she dying?” He wasn’t sure how much a cattle was but he was pretty positive he didn’t have money to pay for one dead cattle. “Should we make a run for it? Let’s do it before he sees us.”

However, the cow only bellowed more in pain just as water leaked onto the floor and realization dawned upon him. The cow’s eyes dilated and it seemed as if she looked like she was… Holy shit!

“Ax. She’s about to give birth.” Ajax patted Axel’s shoulder before leaning to his ears to whisper. “So, I had my turn. Looks like you go first this time,” he almost felt bad for saying it. Almost. The thought of being near a cow’s rear was more repulsive. “She’s all yours.” While Ajax knew how to milk a cow, he had zero knowledge of how to assist a cow in giving birth. This was unspoken territory and he wasn't interested to offer assistance. Plus, this wasn't on the to-do list which meant he would be doing work he wasn't getting paid for and making Ajax put in more effort was a crime in itself.

s e v e n s e v e n

Last edited:

Kaia Eden Nightingale
”What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for college? Bison! Ha-ha!”

☼​
Rat Infestation || Requiem City || Kaye & Robbie || In Progress

If Kaia wield the power to remove things from the planet, she would have a long list of forgettable animals. Good bye rats, good bye cockroaches, good bye centipedes. When Kaye mentioned a specific rat but not just any rat, a king rat, a shiver ran down her spine. “Alright sis, let’s not play pretend,” Kaia laughed nervously. If there was a rat king, she was getting the hell out of there. Luckily she knew with the two, she wouldn’t have to put in more work than necessary not because Kaia couldn’t fight, but she hated getting dirty. And that’s what rats represented: filth. Kaia pursed her lips at Rob’s question but she only winked at him in return instead of being offended. “You mean other than my good looks and charming self? Well,” she looked upward, attempting to think hard. “I guess you guys have the quest within the palm of your hands. You don’t need me,” the brunette laughed, ruffling Rob’s hair. “And what about you? Hmm? Are you going to scare the rats away with your beauty? I think turning into a chicken might be more useful,” she teased.

She followed him inside with Kaye and glanced around, already feeling disgusted with floating dust illuminated by the sunlight. Shelves, crates, and racks were lined up almost like a library, creating aisles within the room. She took quick glances before answering her friend, “Just you,” Kaia grinned, he was right but she didn’t want to boost his ego. She watched him climbed the stairs but made no indication of following the male. She tilted her head looking up at the male who seemed rather pleased by the newfound intelligence and nickname.

“You okay?” Kaia shouted just as she heard a squeaking noise. It was hard to see with the little sunlight offered and she sighed, not liking to be blind as the rats attacked them. Kaia could create a fire but that would mean burning down the storehouse along with their quest and her shoes. She cracked her knuckles instead, realizing a plan. “Kaye, take out your little darlings. Let’s try to finish as soon as possible.” She pulled out her phone, turning on the flashlight to give her a clearer view. She scanned the walls with the small beam of lights before finding something she was looking for. Rectangular lights on the ceiling instantly turned on with a flick of a switch. “Much better-“ she stopped, backing away as she noticed the sheer amount of rats that infested this place. “What the hell is he storing in here? Rotten cheese?” she squealed, the moment a rat scurried by, dashing and hid itself underneath a shelf.

“We’ll have to find a way to kill them in mass,” she yelled just as one jumped up out of nowhere to attack her. With a step back and breath out, she held out her hands, her insignia glowed dimly before the rat took its one last breath. Disappearing into a smoke, all that was left was a tar-like blood drops on the floor. “We need to find their hide out. They’re appearing from somewhere.” But now with the lights on, as much as the rats are targets, they have also found intruders. With more vigor than before, the rats were attacking them all in large numbers with a third of them running up the stairs to hunting down Robbie. Kaia pulled out her daggers from its sheath, holding the handle tightly, stabbing tenebrae as well as watching the oxygen suck out of them. Many became lifeless before her, dissipating into nothingness.

Kaia hated using her anima like this, it made her feel dirty and ruthless. If possible, she avoided fighting at all cost but without Uriah, the Pandora leader, here, she had to step up her game. She backed away, getting closer to her sister. “Watch out Kaye, it seems like they find us more attractive than we hoped,” the female laughed, still having the heart to be lighthearted at the situation.

Skryx Skryx Sasil Sasil

Uriah Kershaw

7fbdc2b272cccedd848c5591d2f7e7e2.jpg

Interaction: Kaia Polaris. Polaris. and Rob Skryx Skryx
Quest: Protect the Boss

Uriah was always a fan of bets and dares, but he wouldn't say that it was the most important thing in his life. As it was decided that Rob was 'selected' by the Goddess herself to be tied up to Princess Jasmine (which he didn't think was fair, regardless of how she would either way decide on Rob), he lifted the ropes up he had used for "mountain climbing". The rope itself was rough in nature. However, it wasn't too thick either, which wouldn't be too good, considering the thinner the rope, the worse it was for the duke's daughter. Plus, he didn't know how much of an attitude Jasmine would give. "I was rock climbing the wall outside the dorms. Physical activity, I call." He said with a playful grin.

He then wrapped the ropes from under her wrist and rounded around her a few times, as to ensure that she wouldn't be able to take it out without at least shifting around. "He fancies you, that's why." Uriah called out from outside the carriage and Princess' Jasmine's eyes widened a bit before placing her hands on her lap, "As much as I am flattered at that, I cannot-" Just as she was about to continue a personal rant on how she had captured the hearts of quite a few too, Kaia unleashed the fury of her gas anima. The blond laughed before whispering in his best friend's ear, "All I can say that both of us have something on the line."

Just at that moment, she pulled Uriah Kershaw into the carriage with her, as though it was a carriage of her own. As Jasmine retorted, Uriah merely replied, "You're not paying us so we don't really bother about your opinion considering the fact that you also don't cooperate." He held Kaia's hand before his other hand proceeded to pick out the small jewels that were embedded on the armrest of the carriage.

And yet, more conflict were thrown their way as bandits threatened to slaughter everyone in and out of the carriage, said for themselves, if the trio didn't hand Jasmine over. Uriah Kershaw grinned once again before sticking his head out of the carriage window whilst staring at a rather buff man who obviously did not have a thing for personal hygiene. "If you slaughter me now, I won't have to pay my rent so technically it's a win win," he said with his usual Uriah laugh before adding, "But since I have my friends are here as well as my source of income, I'll choose having to go up against you, meatheads."

Malachai Walker
Protect the Boss || In Progress
Partner: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

555fd0e44d5097170204a9fbc931f9af.jpg

Malachai heard the familiar creak of the door swinging open and a moment later the covers were brought up and his damsel was screaming- and this time, it wasn't a scream of pleasure. Oh, I guess I didn't lock the door, he thought to himself before turning his head to see who had entered the room. When his eyes fell on the familiar face of his friend, he couldn't help but respond with a grin. He couldn't help but laugh when the girl threw a pillow at Ajax; it was hilarious. Jasmine, on the other hand, was absolutely scandalized. She had by now pushed Kai off and held the sheets very firmly, covering everything up to her neck. There was absolutely nothing more that she wanted than for Ajax to leave the room. Her face had turned a dark shade of pink with embarrassment. She glared at him in response to his laugh. He didn't feel any remorse. The brunette got out of bed, figuring it would be best to get ready rather than to leave Ajax to wait even longer.

"I'm gonna take a shower," he said, before walking without a bit of shame, in all his naked glory, to the bathroom. It was massive and the shower had more settings than he knew what to do with. Since they were short on time, he used only the simplest setting and took a very brief shower. He wrapped a towel around his waist and walked back into the bedroom to find that Jasmine had calmed down, but wasn't as happy as she had previously been. He stepped behind her, moving her hair to the side to reveal her neck.
"C'mon, don't be mad,"
he whispered softly before trailing butterfly kisses up her neck. It seemed to do the trick because soon enough she was back to smiling. She went to take her shower while Kai got dressed and soon enough they were exiting the hotel room.

To say that the restaurant was impressive would be a massive understatement. It was a burger joint, but it was by far the classiest restaurant, buger-serving or otherwise, that he had ever dined in. These people were on a completely different level. The menu had more options than he could have imagined, but they didn't have all day for him to decide, so he closed his eyes and pointed at one, then opened his eyes and ordered it. It was a juvenile way to choose things, but it was something he had been doing since he was a child. He ended up ordering a 'foie-gras stuffed burger topped with a quail egg and garnished with black truffle.' He was a fan of trying new things and this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to try a ridiculously priced luxury burger. The burger cost more than they were getting paid for this quest. He couldn't help but laugh at his friend's remark.

"You know, I didn't expect her to be quite so loud. It was a lot of fun, but she never wanted to stop, and I didn't want to disappoint, but I'm glad you walked in because I'm not sure how much longer I could have possibly kept going.
" He responded, keeping his voice very quiet so that Jasmine wouldn't hear their conversation, but she was too busy ordering her own food to pay attention to their conversation.

Their food came relatively quickly and, without even realizing what he was doing, he had put half of his luxury burger on Ajax's plate. The two were always sharing food; it was instinct at this point. He never minded sharing with Ajax, it was something he had been doing since the start of their friendship. The only difference between the first day he gave Ajax half his sandwich and today was that, now, Ajax talked back. As they ate, Malachai made light conversation with Jasmine, speaking about nothing important but still speaking so that he could fill the silence and avoid any awkwardness after their little incident. He had long ago mastered the skill of avoiding awkward conversation. They spoke about the food, the setting, the people, the weather. The food was incredibly good; he had never had foie gras or quail egg or truffle and he was far from disappointed.

The carriage ride was tense and he knew that the inevitable conversation topic would come up: Jasmine's future. He knew that, between Jasmine and himself, there was absolutely no future. He wasn't nearly interested enough in her to try to run away with her. Commitment wasn't really his thing. He was charming, not sincere. He had absolutely no plans to try to continue anything with the girl. When she spoke, he gave her a gentle smile.

"Jasmine, darling. I'm training to be a Magister and your father would mobilize the entire region looking for us; it would never work,"
he tried to let her down gently. Soon they would be at the mansion and he would be done with her once and for all. Perhaps it was cruel, but he didn't care. He could tell that she was disappointed, that her dreams were being crushed and her little fantasy was falling apart. She was trapped in her arranged marriage and there was nothing she could do about it. He reached out and took her hand in his.

"Please, Malachai. I can't be with this disgusting man. Please," the girl begged, getting more desperate when they saw the lights of the mansion approaching them.

"Jasmine, this won't be the end of the world. You're a strong woman, you can get through this,"
he assured her, or at least tried to. The carriage began to slow down.

"Malachai, please. Please don't let them make me marry him, please,"
she said, eyes widening with realization that her fate was almost sealed, "I love you."

Internally, Malachai cringed at the words. There were no three words that he possibly could have wanted to hear less at that moment. He didn't love her. He didn't love any woman. Especially not one that he had met so recently. Externally, he expressed sympathy instead of disgust.

"I enjoyed our time together, but I'm afraid it has come to an end,"
he told her as the carriage came to a stop.

Jasmine was overcome with the realization that he wasn't returning her feelings and the he wasn't going to do anything. She pulled her hand away, anger flickering in her eyes.

"Did you even love--" Jasmine was cut off by the door of the carriage opening. There was a group of men, guards it seemed, waiting right outside of the door. There was no getting out of this. Her spirits fell, she looked like she gave up. There was no fight left in her; she had lost. The driver held his hand out for her to help her out, and she had no other choice but to get out. When she did, she didn't even look back at Malachai or Ajax. When the door closed, Malachai gave Ajax a pointed look.

"I saw that look. Did you really think I was going to throw everything away for some girl? I mean sure, she's a duchess, but what's the point of dating a duchess whose lost her family's money because she decided to run away with me? That'd be such a waste of time," he said, rolling his eyes. A heartbeat later, his face broke out into a smile.

"Besides, I wouldn't leave you, Ajax, we're best friends and I looooooovvvveee you," he said, mimicking Jasmine's voice. He gave a little laugh and shook his head. "Girls these days."

The brunette yawned lazily and stretched. "I can't wait for this luxury lunch," he said, running his fingers through his hair. He heard movement outside as the driver resumed his position to give them a ride back to the Duke's castle, where they would receive their reward before heading back to the academy. Malachai laid his head on Ajax's shoulder and closed his eyes. "You got to nap, I was too busy to catch up on any sleep. Wake me up when we get there," he murmured.

With the steady rhythm of the horses moving and the comforting presence of Ajax with him, Kai was soon fast asleep.

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 6
ANIMAL FARM

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS

Harass your lady cow, go wild,” Axel stated, though it came out more as a mutter as he bent down to intently observe his friend doing his thing. A part of him envisioned the cow going full on berserk, stomping its legs against the ground and going full on rodeo mode. The Syndicate male took a few steps back, just in case anything happened. Upon seeing Ajax’s knees meet the floor, covered in pieces of, well, droppings, the blond grimaced, wrinkling his nose in disgust though he knew well that there was no getting out of it. Besides, he’s got three eggs thrown at his face just minutes ago, there would literally be no difference of getting a bit dirtier. He watched as Ajax ‘pinched’ one of the teats, and when he had partially expected a hard kick from the cow, instead she just mooed in what may even be perceived as pleasure…yuck.

Not only a chicken expert but a cow too huh,” Axel commented, letting out a low whistle. He chuckled upon hearing the platinum haired male talk to the cow.“And you insult me for talking to chickens. You know, you could leave the Academy and own a ranch or something. I see that you’re a natural.” And he meant it as a compliment, really. It would be lying to say that he’s not in the least freaked out. What if the cow suddenly kicks? What if he tugged it too hard and it pains the cow? That stupid old man should’ve given them early pointers, what makes him think that they, magisters in training, can instantly know how to milk a freaking cow? The last time he checked it wasn’t in their curriculum.

Axel took his buckets, rolling his eyes for the hundredth time that day at Ajax’s incredibly even division in their tasks. At this point he was used to it to even comment about it. “Gee, I’m trembling in excitement,” he said before he was face to face with another female cow, gleefully munching on her stack of hay. Axel deadpanned, staring into her eyes as though he expected that she would understand his telepathy. Sit still, be nice as I grope your tits or I will anima the shit out of you. The cow mooed. The blonde took a step back, keeping his gaze at her. “I’m glad you agree,” he told her, shifting towards her udder and giving it a little stare. With maximum hesitation, he pushed the empty bucket underneath, his hands going back and forth whether to do it or not do it. Chickens were one thing; cows can kill with their kicking. Aren’t they just like fat buffalos? He tried remembering what Ajax has did. Wrap the fingers here… The blonde did just the same, gently. The cow didn’t make any sort of reaction. That’s a good sign… Then squeeze it. The cow made a moo as the milk squirts out the udder, filling the bucket in smooth white liquid. Axel grinned in satisfaction. That wasn’t so hard.

Soon, he squeezed teat by teat until the udder was drenched. Then he moved on to the next cow, giving her the stare again before continuing to milk her. There were of course so many things he could’ve been doing rather than milk a cow, like studying for their upcoming tests perhaps. But who cares. They were having fun (no, Axel will never admit it out loud and neither would Ajax), it was a brand new experience for him, and it was helping a friend. He shouldn’t be needing more reasons to do this, he was happy to. Even when his friend is a huge asshole. “Thanks. I aspire to become the next Requiem Idol,” he replied, not even looking up from his work until he felt a hand ruffle his hair. If his hair wasn’t bad enough back then, now Ajax just had to add chocolate sprinkles. “You shit-face!” he shouted for him, about to dash and get himself a decent payback, like throwing dung at his face for instance, but decided that the cow probably wouldn’t appreciate to be held again once his hand made contact with their own waste. He’d do it later, he’d definitely do it later. Sighing, he went and complete his last cow. As he was done, carrying the buckets towards the corner of the room, a loud bellowing was heard and a cow went and collapsed on the floor. More like collapsing on her own shit… Instinctively, his eyes went to Ajax, wide and demanding.

The fuck did you do to it?” he hissed, his eyes going back and forth from him to the dying cow. “That’s not my cow. Wait- DID YOU USE YOUR ANIMA ON IT?” The Syndicate male was more than tempted to make the run, call it a day. That crazy old man gave them enough shit (quite literally) for the day. They’d help sixty-percent of it, now it’s his job. But leaving so soon is gravely irresponsible and that poor cow needs aid. When water leaked out onto the floor, Axel felt like he was going to pass out.

Jävla vita,” he cussed in Swedish, his mother tongue, which is a thing he rarely does, only often when he’s shocked, terrified, or just knows he’s plain fucked. “It’s dying Jay, look it’s bleeding and- Oh.” Instantly he calmed down upon hearing that it wasn’t dying, but his next statement made it all in vain… “What do you mean she’s all mine? I’ve never done this, you seem to be the cow expert-” As the cow mooed again, this time louder, Axel raised his hands in defeat. He knew it would be useless to argue with the other male and as they bicker, the cow may be dying. “Alright. Alright. Just remember that you owe me big time,” he said, approaching the cow in hesitation.

Axel bent down, observing the cow’s rear and made a face. If he thought milking was disgusting, this is way beyond. He thought getting thrown eggs is the worst thing that could’ve happened to day. Boy is he mistaken. “Ugh…which hole which hole,” he muttered, panic arising in his voice. “Ajax, there are two holes what the fuck?” he looked up at the platinum blonde briefly before returning to his current case. Uhhhh…the one near the belly.. Wincing, Axel started with poking the area, shifting to a safe zone to avoid getting kicked. “Can’t it just naturally just poop it out?” he complained. They should probably call the farmer over, but he doubted they had enough time. He inclined his head back and forth, further observing the cow’s lady parts as she moaned and bellowed. In the end, he decided to screw everything and insert his hand…there.

Ooooh fuck fuck fuck…fuck me- damn! It’s warm, it’s wet, it’s squishy, Jay oh god why,” he sucked in a breath, averting his gaze and tried to think of wonderful things. Think of sunshine butterfly roses and grasses…without the cows. “I’m never eating steak again, I’m never eating steak again, oh goddess,” he gasped, reaching around until he felt what may just be a leg. Do he pull…? To pull or not to pull, that is the question. But seeing what they did for the past hour, perhaps the answer is pull. The blonde tried to pull in one hand- but it wouldn’t budge. The cow simply mooed further, beginning to stomp its legs upon the ground. “Can’t you be any more useless?” He turned to look at his friend, nodding towards the writhing cow in attempt to tell him hold her down, you fuck face. Seeing that there is no more choice, Axel inserted yet another hand, taking a stance before he started pulling it from its hind legs out (or at least he thought it was its hind legs…). Surely enough, much to his relief, as his hands began making its exit, so did a pair of legs. He got it right. The blonde exerted all the strength his slender arms could possibly bestow, the mother cow unleashed her loudest moo yet and-

Axel tipped backwards and with a ploop! the baby calf sprung out of her belly, covered in thick mucus and slight trails of red. The boy stumbled and fell against the floor on…things he’d rather not see. The blonde gave out a long exhale from the breath he didn’t realize he had held for what may feel like forever. The baby cow sat ondid you his lap, writhing and making noises that seemed like crying for its mother. He just realized it, but the mama cow had since fallen silent, wavering up and down as it heaved for breath. Axel had envisioned tons of ways they could go through this ridiculous quest today, especially with Ajax’s help, but neither would think that he would end up sitting around a pile of dung, hugging a baby cow, his hair looking terribly inviting for a bird’s nest. If he hadn’t felt like throwing shit at Ajax’s face, he definitely now. “You dare laugh…” he started, trying to get his breathing under control. “You laugh, even smile, I promise you that if your face isn’t shitty enough already, you’ll be expecting cow faeces as face mask.” He smiled the out most sarcastic smile he could manage. "Don't worry. It's organic."

Last edited:

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 3
STARAPPLE ORCHARD

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Octavius Harred Makomin Makomin

Axel hadn’t known what to expect, in all honesty. The Orchard’s name was Palmer’s Starapple Orchard, and as anyone would expect, it had probably belonged to a pair of elderly couple, growing old together underneath their ancient little house as they waited for their slow, yet inevitable end. Clearly no one had anticipated a four-legged furry creature with a wet snout, ears perked up with a fat pink tongue dangling out as the dog panted. If anything, Axel would’ve thought of a cat, honestly. The blonde was amused at how the brunette was more fascinated with the fact that they have a dog to accompany them, which he was sure couldn’t be possibly taught how to pick apples one way or another, than the fact that they have apples need picking. This is time wasting, Axel was tempted to ditch the place if it weren’t for their efforts already spent on the journey and all. At least he shouldn’t come home empty handed.

He’s nine years old, dear,” said Mrs. Palmer, who seemed to significantly warmed up over the topic of dogs, for a while forgetting about their true purpose here. Talk about dog ladies. “I got him when he was still this big,” the woman said, lifting up her hands and made a tiny space to make her point. She then made a sniffing noise before lowering her hands again. “Time went by so fast. I remembered seeing him on the streets, rummaging through my garbage. I thought he was a rat.

I still think it’s a rat,” the blonde commented in a mutter, not sure if anyone could hear but by the sight of Mrs. Palmer furrowing her brows, it seemed like she did. Axel reverted his attention back towards Octavius and his new friend. “So you’re a dog whisperer now?” Axel stated more than asked in a chuckle. “You can try talking to the wolves later on. Maybe they can be reasoned with.

He approached the pair, the Elite and the ugliest dog he had ever seen. Seriously. The breed was unclear, the fur was tangled everywhere, eyes barely seen (if it has any…), and he could’ve sworn he saw flies hovering over its body. Speaking of dogs… The blonde stopped at an appropriate distance, his eyes set firmly upon the mongrel. Just a tiny bit higher…that’s it. After a second, its tail stopped wagging, the ears perked and twitching. The next its head turned towards Axel and after a few seconds-

The dog barked, fangs bare and droll emerging from the flaps of its lips. While it was sleeping around and anyone would’ve either thought of him as a dying dog or simply a dirty rug, here it was, standing on all four and he could’ve sworn he saw bloodshot eyes underneath all those lengthy fur as the dog shifted. In the next second, the mongrel has escaped the dog loving brunette’s grasps, barking viciously at the blonde as it began running towards him in a speed he could never anticipated out of a nine years old dog. In human years, that’s equivalent to a sixty-three years old man, according to what he read. It was as though it had gone rampage.

Axel didn’t move an inch, still leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a smile on his face. He could put an end to that creature as fast as he wanted, why would he fear anything? Just as the dog got close enough, the moment where Axel was prepared to use his anima once again, this time on a greater intensity that serves permanently, Mrs. Palmers leapt between them, catching the dog like a professional athlete. Really, that dog might have rabies. That’s why his owner is so cuckoo anyway.

I’m sorry, he’s not usually like this,” the woman said, though Axel knew there were suspicions in her eyes. There has to be. And of course, she was not mistaken. The blonde Elite simply smiled at her. “That’s quite alright, Mrs. Palmer. Accidents…happen…do they?” He said, his voice drawling as he once more stared at the dog and in an instant, it seemed to return to its original state. Its mouth closed, ears became droopy, tail wagging. Mrs. Palmer lets him go as the dog returned to Octavius’ hands.

Rex would get jealous,” Axel commented with a small laugh. The woman, it seems, doesn’t really appreciate. “Really dear, I’d love to chat with you all day about dogs and my sweet Mr. Palmer, but the apples won’t be picking itself any time soon and…” she suddenly shot him a bitter look, almost like a glare even. “Mr. Palmer doesn’t seem to like you that much.

Ooh blunt.Such a shame,” Axel replied simply, though it perhaps meant nothing to him, before turning towards Octavius, eyes glinting. Now things has gotten a bit out of hand, he seemed to enjoy it a little bit more. Stepping out through the back door, which suddenly just returns a portion of his earlier reluctance at seeing the amount of apples. But he had to get it finished anyway, they’ve come so far. “Shall we go Tav? Or are you still too busy giving belly rubs and foot massages?

large.gif
x QUEST x

The Docks

x STATUS x

In progress

x LOCATION x

Requiem City; Docks

x TEAM x

Zander & The Beans

x TAGS x

normal normal , normal normal , normal normal , normal normal , normal normal , normal normal

Quest #2: The Docks
The harsh daytime sun beat against Zander's back as he hoofed his way up the gangplank, a large wooden crate tucked under his arm. Setting it down next to the others he'd carried before it, the Genesis V.P. stopped to wipe the sweat from his brow. Casually glancing around the deck of the ship, he spotted something that set his already abnormally warm blood to boil.

“Hey!” Zander called out, making sure he got their attention as soon as possible, and did not let go once he had it.

He approached the group of students standing around. Apparently, they forgot they were here to work, not talk. Taller than the tallest of them by a fair margin, Zander towered over the younger boys, and looked for all the world like a father chastising his children. Hands planted firmly on his hips, he made sure his message was heard.

“This cargo isn't going to load itself.” He paused, looking each of them in the eye. Receiving no response, save for a few guilty looks here and there, Zander decided they need a little more motivation. “Alright, let's go! Move your asses.” He raised his voice and clapped his hands, spurring the gaggle of assorted Genesis and Pandorans into action.

As they all hurried their way down the gangplank in a single-file line, Zander followed suit, making doubly sure that they didn't get lost on the way from the ship to the cargo loading point, a mere ten feet away. He oversaw each of them as they found a piece of cargo they could carry, some of them choosing to team up to tackle the heavier crates. He wiped the sweat from his brow with his left upper-arm, standing post and watching over each member of his team as they carried their load up the gangplank and onto the deck of the ship.

Noticing one of his team struggling with an especially heavy crate, Zander intervened, taking the crate from their hands and propping it up on his bare shoulder. “Here, I got this one. Go grab another.” He waited, hoisting the crate up the whole time, for the boy to grab something more size appropriate and make his way up the plank before Zander followed close behind, setting the crate down with the rest of his team in the designated drop point.

“See? Was that so hard? We'll be done in no time.”

Last edited:

Ophelia Sinclair
Quest: Protect The Boss

Ophelia grew up surrounded by pristine white shirts and polished banisters. The grandeur of the Alabrah mansion did little to merit her awe or praise. She glares instead, at the back of the Duke's head as he rambles in pitchy volumes about his daughter, Jasmine, and how she needed a model example of what a real nobleman's daughter should be like. It takes Ophelia all her strength not to roll her eyes at disdain, not because the Duke was forcing his daughter to marry for political and financial gain but because he had the audacity to compare such a weak-willed girl to herself. Under her breath, she clicks her tongue but smiles once the Duke turns his head to look back at her.

"Did you say something?" he asks her. The blonde shakes her head, the honey sweet grin softening on her lips. The Duke believes her and continues with his rambling and Ophelia regrets her choice in taking up the quest. It had been her parents' wishes to help an 'old friend' out. She should've memory wiped the favor when she had the chance.
---

Interactions: None | Mentions: None

tumblr_okq75gQKiF1ruu897o4_r1_540.gif

Ѧ

Quest: Rat Infestation

Team: Quinn & Nikola ( C classAteam )

Quest #2: Rat Infestation

Ѧ
One by one, the rats were destroyed. Whether by blade, or steel-tipped arrow, they fell, and as they died, their corpses returned to the nothingness from whence they had come. When their numbers had been reduced to less than a quarter, the creatures fled in fear from the wrathful steel of the magisters in training. Which only made them all the more easy to pick off. There was nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Try though they might, eventually, every last creature fell dead, and disappeared. When the last rat died, and its cries of agony dissipated, the warehouse was plunged into silence. Quinn sheathed her blade, dusted any residual tendrils of darkness away from her jacket, and approached her guildmate, Niko.

"Let's go. We're done here."

Without another word, Quinn strode away, making a beeline for the wooden door that stood between her and their just and well deserved reward. She burst forth, and was immediately bathed in the glow of the mid-afternoon sun. The storehouse manager approached from whatever shadow he'd been lurking in all that while. He licked his lips and fluttered his beady eyes in anticipation. Quinn couldn't help but think that he looked much like a rat himself.

"Is it done?" He asked, to which Quinn nodded in reply. "Good, good. You have my undying gratitude." He tried to turn away, as if that was the end of it, but Quinn already had him by the arm. Not so fast.

"We didn't do this for you to be grateful." She would not be swindled, least of all by a man like him. The man paused, switching his gaze from the girl's face to her hand squeezing down on his arm.

"Of course." His face was implacable as he produced a purse of gold from within his sleeve and handed it over. Quinn snatched it from his grip, pried it open, and counted it in front of him. Satisfied, Quinn strung the pouch shut again. She shared no parting words. Instead, the Syndicate team left in silence, heading back home after what felt like an exceptionally long day.
Ѧ

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_dacfx3sxvzksgwcw4kg4ksowo_640.gif

Ѧ

Quest: Protect The Boss

Team: Quinn & Ophelia( Aster Aster )

Quest #4: Protect The Boss
A knock at the door of the Alabrah Manor brought a servant hustling to answer it. She barely had a chance to open the door fully before the person who'd knocked was speaking. Her tone betrayed no chance of being dissuaded from her course, and with little alternative, the servant girl did as the person at the door requested. She guided the newcomer through the various corridors of the manor to where her employer was, in the middle of walking yet another Syndicate through his manor. Quinn's eyes narrowed as she spotted the pair up ahead, letting the servant handle the introductions while she remained silent.

"Sir, this person claims to be another Magister-in-training, here to help escort Miss Jasmine to her wedding."

Quinn stepped forward as the girl spoke, letting the Duke get a good look at her. She looked at Ophelia instead, her gaze unreadable.

"Very good! The Duke seemed pleased by her inclusion. Perhaps he recognized her as the daughter of a minor noble family, or he just thought she looked capable enough to protect his daughter. Whichever it was, Quinn didn't care. "The more protection the better, I say!

"We will see to it that your daughter is delivered safely to Lord Jamar in time for her wedding. You have my word.". Quinn looked the lord in the eye as she spoke, unblinking. She meant every word of it.

[FONT=Domine[SIZE=2][/FONT]​
Ѧ

tumblr_inline_nfyxkwgXmq1smn73p.png

q u e s t || the thief

l o c a t i o n || requiem city

t e a m || jack and zander

t a g s || Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Zander's chastising always hurt Jack somewhat. He sounded so authoritative as if he really messed up, like a dad, and he didn't like it. But he could never talk back to Zander... which also made him think of him as a dad even more. He rushed down the building to Burt, catching Jack off-guard.

"You've got to stop doing that, Zan." Jack followed after him. Seeing Zander run down the other side of the building, he got the plan. Presumably, Zander was aiming to cut them off at the other side of the alleyway. He waited to make his entrance until he saw Zander at the other side of the alleyway, then appeared.

The whispering ceased as the two boys appeared, cutting off both of their escapes. Jack heard manic footsteps and panicked breathing down the alleyway coming toward him, presumably the invisible man. He frowned, knowing that the reason he ran in his direction was because Zander was more intimidating. Jack held his hand forward and a sphere expanded from his hand quickly; soon, a forcefield encircled the entire alleyway. No one would be able to even climb up the sides of the buildings.

The footsteps stopped, but then started again, and it sounded like the person was running at Jack.

"Uh—" Jack allowed his instincts to take over as he blindly punched the air, missing. A wave of disappointment and fear came over him as he felt a blow to his stomach, and he fell over. 'Oh no, I need to get up as soon as possible. He could be carrying a gun—or a knife—'

Before the assailant had another opportunity to attack, Jack grabbed his leg and made him trip over. The man's invisibility wavered for a second, then eventually deactivated. This came to Jack's surprise, and delight, his eyes focusing on a certain bag that lay on the man's waist.

"Hey Zander! There's the gold right here!"

A J A X

Protect the Boss || Requiem City || Ajax & Malachai || Completed

There it was, the process that Ajax had seen over and over again. It felt like a stereo played on repeat. He had seen so many heartbreaking moments for the female and at first, it was shocking but now, it’s just funny. Some do take it better than others but Jasmine reeked of desperation and Kai, being a gentleman, wanted to let her down easy. He never understood why his friend took the roundabout way to rejecting someone. He figured it would be simpler for both of them if Kai just told her that she was just a quick fuck and end it that way. But he held their hands together as if he was just one moment away from getting down on his knee. The irony was, he wasn’t. Ajax would have snorted wryly if he wasn’t in a carriage of a noblewoman. Her ploy to hold down his friend and use him as a mean to escape was futile. But it was entertaining at the very least. At each turn, Ajax turned to Kai before his Persian blue hues flicker back to Jasmine.

In Ajax’s mind their conversation went more like this.

“Oh Malachai, your youth and vigor excites me!”

“Jasmine, I promise, you’ll make do with whomever.”

“B-but no one has never empowered me like you. Please, you must stay with me forever. I can only feel like this with you!”

“Oops, well, it looks like it’s like you gotta go.”

While everything was spoken in a more eloquent manner, Ajax had to twist it to make it more amusing in his head or else he would have opened the door for her with a brusque, “Get out”. Hurry up. We have a meal to eat. He refrained from sighing or making eye contact with the female who laid out all her cards on the table. Snatching her hands away, her eyes seethe when it dawn upon her that Malachai was never going to leave Ajax for her. Ajax, with his arm behind his back and his head using it as a pillow only smirked victoriously at her when Kai wasn’t looking. The moment the door open, Jasmine’s shoulders slumped, looking disheartened. She left the carriage and the door immediately closed behind her. A sigh of relief escaped the male who slumped back against the carriage. God, it felt so good to be able to speak without risking offending a fucking duchess. He was excited to get back on the road without her suffocating presence but Kai turned to give him that all-knowing-look. Ajax couldn’t tell if he hated or loved that look, they knew each other so long that even the tiniest of twitches can’t escape either of them.

“What look?” he asked, playing innocent as Kai confirmed his suspicions. A small smile graced his features before he reached a hand out to pinch his friend’s cheek at the dramatic confession. “You can’t leave anyways,” the platinum blonde shrugged confidently. “We have lunch plans.” Yes, that was the most important part of the conversation. “And who wouldn’t fall in love with you?” he cocked to his head to the side. “Must be tiring to have to reject them all the time.”

At the sight of a yawn, he too yawned, realizing he was once again sleepy after that dinner. “So you are human after all. You should be tired after doing her for the fifth time,” he nodded, not too confident how long he could stay up while Kai was sleeping. “Yeah, got it,” Ajax mumbled as Kai drifted to sleep. However, the Syndicate president could hardly keep his eyes open for more than ten minutes. He used their seating as a mattress and Kai’s lap as his own personal pillow. With his legs bent and resting against the side, he swiftly fell asleep.

The rocky halt woke Ajax up, signaling that they finally arrived back at the mansion. The footman opened the door for them and the platinum blonde got up before shaking Kai’s shoulder. “C’mon we’re here, let’s get our money and get out of here,” he said as his friend slowly stirred before opening his eyes. Cerulean locked with chocolate, silence filled the air, and Ajax raised an eyebrow. “…Need me to carry you?”

They both left the carriage and met the butler who was already waiting outside with their rewards. “Here is 30 G for each of you! The Duke would like to relay his thanks and best wishes for your future. Please receive our thanks for delivering Duchess Jasmine safely to Lord Jamar’s palace.”

“Uh huh. Sure,” Ajax nodded, taking the caramel leather pouch that contained their money. With that the two headed back to the academy alongside one another with Ajax reaching for Kai’s shoulder every now and then. “Hey Kai, look, it’s Cassiopeia.” he would hold onto his elbow to stop the male before pointing at the sky. He traced the stars with his fingers, his demeanor changed, resembling a fascinated child even though he had seen constellations every night. There was a magnetic attraction every time Ajax saw the stars at night.

The next afternoon, Ajax was already ready by the time they decided to meet up. The good thing about having a friend like him was that while he might be late to practically everything, you can count on him to always be on time for lunch or dinner. They made reservations for two and Ajax was more than excited to hit up the new place even if he looked perpetually indifferent most of the way there.

When they arrived, the two had beat the lunch rush, being seated right away by the waiter. Their menus were already on the table with two cups of water ready. They both ordered the buttered and parsley baked lobster tail drizzled with special mystery sauce that had been a huge hit recently. People were raving and it was expensive so Ajax immediately mentioned it to Kai briefly. Their food was cooked and delivered in a timely fashion and he dug in with a childish grin on his face the entire time. He loved the intricate flavor and how everything just melted in his mouth.

And when their lunch was over, Ajax turned to Kai with his final verdict. “That was pretty good. But I still think your homemade sandwich is the best. Let’s head back. I’m…sleepy.”

Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart

Last edited:

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 4
ANIMAL FARM

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: Bennett Miles Aster Aster , Sebastian s e v e n s e v e n

Louis Blutmond is never a morning person, and the talkative curly haired brunette had made sure everyone knows of that. Being exceptionally grumpy, almost snappish when roused from his sleep, he must say he greatly values his occasional four hour sleep. One of the best things of sleeping in dorms is that there will be no mothers yelling at you if you sleep too late. Then there are days where his MMORPG hosts events. Good bye sleep and hello getting yelled at in class.

First day in, Louis has made it his top priority to set up his room (or more like his room and some ill-tempered dark haired senior) just the way he wants it- posters hanging on every corner, his self-portable WiFi router hanging close the window, his PC filling most of their table along with sets of headphones and spare computer mice littering everywhere. Then he spends the day playing video games from the time the sun sets until it rises once more. It wasn’t a particularly prideful thing to say, but Louis must admit that he’s not exactly the best roommate anyone could offer, especially for having a pet duck (Louis had no idea as to why Curtis was so overly upset with Sebastian. Not only does it not poop as much as dogs, that duck is a compact version of a German Sheppard).

This morning, however, was different. It was still early, the sun barely making its debut for the day when the Genesis boy had found himself standing in front of a door, Sebastian hugged tightly to his chest and a large grin plastered across his face. Why did he bring the duck? Because that guy Cameron or Clarence might turn him into roast duck if left alone. And why getting so excited in the morning? Today is the first time he would head on a quest with his best friend, Bennett Miles. Bennett (or as he calls simply by Ben) sadly doesn’t live in his room (despite Lou wanting him as his roommate more than ever), so fresh from showers, smelling like flowers and his lucky beanie set in place, Louis gave the room a mild knock. Then he backed down as he awaited for an answer. Nothing. Maybe he’s in the shower? He didn’t leave him…right?

The boy knocked again, getting terribly anxious and unsure of himself. The duck quacked. Still no answer. Getting impatient, the brunette gave it one single real loud knock, quickly backing away when he figured that it’s probably a bad idea. Ben didn’t sleep alone in his room. There’s Bob and…Kat. The male shuddered when the thought of the girl crossed his mind. He never talked much to her yet, he should perhaps ask Ben of how she is, because so far she didn’t seem overly friendly in his eyes. How did the poor girl even end up getting roomed with two guys… is that even morally possible? Curiosity eating over him, the male reached to grab his phone, perhaps just give his best friend a call when he saw the academy’s old janitor just mopping the floor meters away, ears plugged in headphones as he minded his own business.

Excuse me? Mister?” Louis called out. The man didn’t budge. “Uh…hi? Excuse me?” Louis tried again, clearing his throat and calling a bit louder than he did previously. Still, no answer. First Bennett, now the old janitor. Louis was beginning to feel as if he were invisible in the world, nothing more than a shadow floating around. At least Sebastian still acknowledges him. Likewise not the best roommate, Louis is also a bad- no, horrible decision maker. He’s the act-first-then-think type of person, only he gets an additional then-sulk-in-embarrassment-and-grieve-his-stupidity-yet-still-do-the-same-mistakes-later. So, as though purposely sneaking on him (which Louis totally isn’t. honestly) Louis went over and plugged the earphones off the old man’s ear, placing his hand on the man’s shoulder as he leaned close. “Sir I-

The man turned into his direction, his eyes as wide as saucers, and screamed. Louis screamed too. Sebastian screamed. They all screamed and stared at each other for sixty whole seconds before a head popped out from one of the doors and shouted SHUT UP! The two calmed down, sweat glistening against the old man’s forehead. He looked absolutely terrified, and Louis felt guilty about that. But then again he also surprised Louis by that sudden screaming…and that golden tooth honestly made him look like that pirate from Davy Jones’ ship. So perhaps they’re even.

Geez kid! Scared the living crap out of me, yeh did!” the old man stated, wiping his balding head. Louis laughed nervously, raising his hands in defense.

I’m sorry,” was all he could say. Damn that was beyond stupid. The old man gave him a bitter look briefly, before shaking his head and gave out a tiny laugh.

Kids these days,” he muttered, stabbing his broom upon the floor as he leaned towards it. “Now whaddya want son?

Thank Goddess he wasn’t upset. “Um, I’ve just been wondering if you’ve seen a boy pass by here just earlier? Dark hair, yay high? Too good looking to be true?” Louis gestured as he gave out a height a few inches shorter than himself. Then, noticing what he just said, he instantly regretted saying the last part out loud, flushing in embarrassment though saying nothing to correct himself. A concept he never gets yet needs to learn quick: silence is golden. The old man seemed to give it a little thought, rubbing his stubbly chin.

I think I saw someone like that. Not many roam outside at this time of hour, yeh kno? Makes yeh wonder what they be doin’ around times like these.” He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, waving his index finger judgmentally. “Better not go making any trouble young man, or I’ll be tellin’ Principal Pitt.

Oh thank goddess,” Louis sighed in relief. “I solemnly swear I am up to no no good. Can you please tell me which way he went?

The old man stayed silent, giving it another thought (and an extra chin rub) before proceeding to answer. “That way, if I ain’t mistaken,” he said, making a vague gesture to the right, then to the left, then circling around. That’s…not helping. “Uhhh…to the right- no no, left. Wait…which way is right and left again? Uh, then he went up the stairs-

Up the stairs. That’s all he needed to know.

Thank you sir!” Louis smiled before dashing forward, Sebastian giving a loud quack at the surprise acceleration.

Yer welcome kid, OY DON’T STEP ON THE WET FLOOR!

Louis cringed slightly at the amount of clumsiness occurring with him so early in the morning. He just hoped nothing as bad would happen in the farm. The brunette shouted an apology before he went and ascended the stairs once more, turning left onto the halls he was way more than familiar at this point and surely enough, right in front of his door and waiting, he saw a face he knew now too well. A face that brightens his day and make his heart flutter.

Ben! Damn it, I’ve been looking allover for you! I thought we were meeting at your place!” Louis called out, giving Ben a pinch at his cheeks before noticing that most of the time, he was wrong. That perhaps it had always been settled to meet at his place, not Ben’s. But who cares now, right? “Are you ready to go- Sebastian, no!” Louis hissed, pulling the duck away as it began flapping its wings, wanting to escape his arms to hug Ben. It was odd, really. Sebastian rarely likes anyone, if ever. Even he bites and growls at Camilla, his little sister. It liking Ben is perhaps a sign. It is believed that dogs can sense the evil in someone, and Sebastian is somewhat a dog...ish. Lou will never date someone his duck doesn’t like.

Last edited:

A J A X

Add fucking-with-Axel on his list of favorite things to do after naps and food because the male was having the time of his life. His face, however, nonchalant and impassive showed no other sign but maybe a twinge of guilt that wasn’t present in his eyes. “I may be the cow expert,” Ajax began his weak willed attempt to ease Axel’s mental breakdown, “but you’re the cow whisperer. Shit! Her contractions started.” That was it, Axel was reeled in, tripped by the guilt while the hook, line, and sinker routine was executed perfectly. Although Ajax wasn’t too fond of owing anyone big time, he still wouldn’t go anywhere near that hole but knowing Axel, he was going to revel in this moment later when he wasn’t too busy panicking. What the platinum blonde loved the most was being able to somehow convince people to do shit they never would and the scene in front of him played out like a movie. If Axel was going to act like a midwife, then Ajax was dutifully playing the role of a loving husband. He looked at the cow pitifully. You’re so fucked. In more than one way.

“The hole that’s dilating, or the more stretchable one. Choose a hole, flip a coin. Wait, do you want me flip?” he replied calmly yet his insides were squeezing with anxiety. If this cow dies, they were both screwed but at least he wasn’t the one who killed the cow so that’s good news. Ajax dug inside his pocket and found one coin. “Hey so should I flip?” he asked just as Axel asked why they can’t just poop it out. “If that cow is pooping it out, you’re in the wrong hole. Switch hole,” the platinum male advised, bending down to take a good look at what his friend was saying. However, before he could advise, Axel gathered up enough courage to shove his hand in there. He cringed inwardly, this was almost enough to make him practice abstinence for life.

“Fuck, Ax! Shit, shit, stop talking dirty to me. We’re not in a movie. I don’t want to know,” Ajax covered his ears, feeling sick and nauseous all at the same time but he wasn’t the one shoving his hands inside there or anywhere. Blood dripped on the floor and Ajax swore there was not enough gold given on this quest to make him stay and watch shit down go the drain. Except Axel was there, trying his best to become the number one obstetrician and so Ajax stayed, swearing this was going to be the last farm quest he would do in a long time. He snapped out of it the moment his friend swore on his grave that he was never eating steak again which meant Ajax would never eat steak again because he can’t afford steak unless Axel bought it. “Don’t be dramatic. It’s just a cow and your finger and her hole,” Ajax comforted his fellow blonde who managed to struck gold very soon. The cow slammed her feet against the ground in pain or anger, Ajax couldn’t tell but his friend shot him a look of disdain. He knew that look and if he didn’t help, they were going to get into a scuffle while rolling around in dung. “Okay, okay, I’ll make sure she stays still,” his hands were up as if he got caught by the cops. So Ajax sat on the cow with his feet against her legs to keep her immobile.

Axel was concentrating rather hard, looking as if he’s taking a life and death exam, Ajax merely patted the cow to demonstrate that he was indeed helping out. “Calm the fuck down, Bessie.” Soon, with all his strength and surge of power, Axel pulled, playing tug-a-war with a baby calf until he won and he stumbled backwards while Ajax bit his inner cheek to stop himself of howling in laughter. The whole scene was in itself a miracle. It was a miracle Axel helped deliver his first baby cow. It was a miracle that Axel hasn’t killed Ajax. And it was a truly a miracle that the cow isn’t dead. Covered in dirt, debris, and poop, Axel looked parallel to a farm boy and Ajax, still sitting on the cow, looked at him with a smug demeanor. “I haven’t seen you look any better than this. So what are you naming your new baby? Axel Junior?” His lips almost breaking out into a smile but not yet. The baby calf moaned rather comfortably on Axel’s lap and Ajax concluded that this was the best day of his life. The whole picture painted their relationship. The duo going on unexpected adventures and in the end, getting into deep shit. Literally this time. To save his friend’s last bit of ego, he was stifling his laughter, coughing, rubbing his neck but it proved to all be futile. “You got to fucking look at yourself,” he shook his head, his lips finally broke into an all out smile. Leave it to Axel to excel in the art of breaking down Ajax’s almost impenetrable walls. He pulled out his phone, swiping left for the camera to pull up. “Say moo,” he snapped a picture right away. The messy hair, the stun countenance, the dirty back drop and the fucking cow made it a picture perfect memory. “Congratulations fucker, you’re now my lock screen. Kai has to see this,” he laughed, blatantly ignoring any warnings but his laughter didn’t last long.

Without a moment’s notice, feces made contact with his visage.

Ajax three years from now would have caught in time and deflect it back. But a baffled baby Ajax at sixteen years old? He was completely covered in poop that rolled down his hoodie, past his pants before it finally plopped onto the floor.

“You…fucking…dipshit.”

His phone was carefully tucked away before he wiped the remaining poop on his face with his sleeves. But the odor and stench prevailed. He grimaced at the revolting smell that lingered in the air, his face, and Ajax cracked his neck. “Two can fucking play this game. You are going down, asshole. This is war,” his threats were a lot scarier than his anima that can’t aim to save his life. Maximum levitation equates to maximum horrid aim. While feces were floating in the air, Ajax knew it would be ridiculous to have poop move in slow motion, which meant his precision was out of the park. Five fat pieces of dung moved up in the air yet neither of them hit Axel although the other cows made great shooting targets. They bellowed in response, stomping their feet in irritation before going back to eat the stack of hay. Ajax grumbled, and after possibly about twenty flying pieces of poop, only two managed to hit Axel awhile Ajax had to move around constantly to avoid getting hit by more dung. After he got the third fat feces onto Axel’s hoodie, his hand pumped up in the air as if he won a year worth of meals at a food-eating contest. “Eat shit, fucker!”

But their commotion caused the farmer to override the system as he walked over to his farm before scanning at the mayhem the two had created in his barn. Out of surprise, Ajax flung a piece of poop towards the farmer and his even surprise. It actually landed. Deafening silence stilled the air in the room. No one spoke. The cows stopped eating, turning their head to see their owner covered in their own defecation. “W-what happened here? What did you do to my barn?” he choked out, coughing at the sight of chaos, not removing the smears on his face (probably because he wasn’t programmed to). “You sons are supposed to clean up, hurry up at it!”

With the farmer gone after chastising them, Ajax snorted, “With your looks and your cow, you could snag any girl right now.” He went over to the nearest hose used to clean the floor. Twisting the knob right, he turned it on, taking off hoodie and rinsing the garbage out of his hair and face. Once he was done, he whipped around, aiming the hose at the blonde’s face in an affectionate manner. “There, you’re clean. You’re welcome. The shit I do for you, princess.”

Once both of them were mentally sane again and somewhat cleaner than before, poop was scraped up and tossed in the trashcan efficiently without any other catastrophes this time around. Goosebumps crawled all over his torso and arm from the slight breeze that passed by. He snatched up his hoodie, grabbing the task written on the now wrinkled sheet of paper. “We just have to shear the sheep in the pen and feed the pigs.” They walked to the sheep pen with Ajax looking around for any electronic razors and almost supernaturally, two popped up right on the floor next to the entrance of the sheep pen.

He handed Axel one and grabbed one for himself. “Hey, your hair is getting long. Need a cut? I’m a certified barber,” he asked, his eyes flashed a mischief glint. He turned it on, putting the razor an inch away from Axel’s face but since he didn’t want to come out bald from the quest, he pulled it away and eyed a sheep. “Alright, let’s just shave these fur balls and get out of here. Shave them Ax, don’t cut them,” Ajax reminded dryly.

Not even before he managed to grab a sheep, Ajax’s stomach grumbled and he turned to Axel, his sugar daddy food provider. “Did you happen to bring food with you on the quest?”

s e v e n s e v e n

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back