• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ► Insignia: Quests ◄

Kaia Eden Nightingale
”What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for college? Bison! Ha-ha!”

☼​
Protect The Boss || Requiem City || Uriah & Robbie || In Progress

Kaia was completely oblivious to her friends’ dares. “We’ll be right downstairs then,” she smiled at Jasmine before the trio walked downstairs to another room filled with chairs with an oval table in the middle. The triple chandeliers made the place glow brightly and she preferred the color layout of this room much more than the previous. She was glad they both agreed to her ideas because she haven’t had food all day and a nine hour walk sounded as dreadful as marrying an ugly stranger. As Robbie moved around inspecting the place, Kaia led Uriah onto the chair before she started absentmindedly braiding his incredibly short hair. “How do you keep it so soft all the time? What shampoo do you use? It beats whatever brand Robbie is using,” the female commented making small short braids just as Rob got bored of checking out the room.

“Sure, make sure she isn’t escaping,” Kaia joked before messing up Uriah’s hair to undo his braids. “Wow look at you. What guy wouldn’t want my Uriah?” she winked playfully before sitting herself on one of the rolling chairs. “Do you know any good restaurants on the way? I’m not entirely sure where Lord Jelly’s mansion is but I’m craving some pastries.”

However their talk about food was cut short with shouting from above. “What happened?” Kaia jumped out of her seat, opening the door just as Robbie declared that Jasmine escaped from the window. “Jeez, we took our eyes off her for a second!” Kaia dashed towards the front door with Uriah follow alongside her. She grabbed the fabric of her ivory dress, lifting it up so she didn’t trip over herself. “This dress is becoming a bad idea,” Kaia contemplated for a second to rip off the front to make it a high low dress but decided against the idea.

“Hey!” she called seeing Jasmine already almost out of sight as she ran past the guards and turned right at the corner. They joined Robbie who made it down from the windows just in time. “She turned right over here,” Kaia said just as they left the gate. Kaia dashed after her but Jasmine had a good distance ahead of them thanks to her spontaneous head start. “Lord Jelly can’t be that bad! Why don’t you just give him a chance? What if he is a handsome guy with an unfortunate goatee?”

“Please leave me alone! I have a lover. I refuse to marry a stranger! You can't make me!” Jasmine cried out, running as far as her legs can get her.

Kaia finally stopped in her tracks realizing how ridiculous it was to run after someone when her friends could fly. Why bother chasing the runaway? “Man, I wasted my energy on nothing,” she mumbled waiting for Uriah or Rob to catch Jasmine instead.

Skryx Skryx Makomin Makomin

Uriah Kershaw

7fbdc2b272cccedd848c5591d2f7e7e2.jpg

Interaction: Kaia Polaris. Polaris. and Rob Skryx Skryx
Quest: Protect the Boss

The blond male couldn't help but smile at his friends. Them bickering playfully was and always will be a favourite hobby of his. He especially loved it when Kaia was on his side and the two were 'against' Rob. As the other male made his way up to check on Jasmine, Uriah made quick work of grabbing a few more gemstones. He aimed for the smaller ones and managed to pick out about five in total. He might not be as daring as Rob by getting the bigger ones and surely, he will score less money with the smaller one but he would go on more discreetly than the other blond male. Having small gemstones disappear was something that occurred to not only rich households but smaller ones too, but in the case of fake gemstones. Whoever responsible for the interior design of the mansion would probably assume that the gems had fallen off and been kicked around a lot. Even if someone were to suspect it was being stolen, a minuscule gemstone couldn't spark a search for the trio. However, he doubted he needed to worry about that considering the names Robert Daze, Uriah Kershaw and Kaia Nightingale would go hand in hand, no matter the circumstance.

Uriah sighed albeit before he was seated by one of his best friend. "When we go back, I'll let you know the secret," he said to the female before almost purring like one of his forms, the Namean Lion, at the act of her braiding and playing with his hair. At the mention of a male who wouldn't want himself, Uriah merely sighed once again before reaching back to hold her hand. "I think almost every guy but then again, I have you and Rob, so I'm good." He grinned but was interrupted by Rob's shout that the duke's daughter had escaped.

He made quick work of getting up before running to the kitchen of the mansion, thinking it was better for Jasmine to get as little attention as possible from the guards or anyone else for that matter. The last thing the trio need was trouble and blame for letting the female go. Not to mention, who knew what time of person the duke was. It was safe to assume that running away from a contract the duke had made, whether for his daughter or pure business, was not taken lightly by duke. Uriah had no time to wait and he knew that Kaia would have an extra set of clothing for him. Worse come to worst, Uriah would just have to stay in his form until they have completed this quest. He slowed down his pace when he entered the kitchen as to not alert any of the staff of his presence, or rather, his urgency. As soon as he reached the back door, he exited the mansion before turning into his Namean Lion form. Slowly, golden fur begin to grow on his body. His fingers begin to take the shape of claws and the hair on his head grew longer until it looked like a mane. Soon enough, he had four paws and he ran towards the path that they had taken earlier, determined to stop Jasmine.

After a few minutes of running, he caught sight of Jasmine who looked like a runaway princess. In a way or two, she was but he couldn't think of that now. He roared at her to startle her a bit before picking up speed and ran to the front of her, having her almost caught off guard and stumbling back, just before he say Kaia and Rob. "Stop this!" He growled at her, not changing his form as he didn't think it was alright to be naked in front of her. "Whether you're marrying your lover or you're marrying the man your father set you up for, running away is cowardly and it only proves that you don't deserve love," he said, knowing that he went beyond what he could say. But there was a fine line between running away and being with someone you actually love.

"Are you this irresponsible that you're willing to risk what might happen to you or even worse, your lover, when your father finds out you run away?" he asked as he panted, trying to catch his breath. "If you want to run away, run away responsibly." he said before he waited for Kaia to catch up to him and the next person to arrive, Rob.

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 2
RAT INFESTION

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: -

Palms pressed, breath fogging against the glass, Louis bounced up and down in his heels as he eyed inside the store. If there was something that could drag the male out into Requiem City at five am sharp, it was the disc store. Exclusive copies of his favorite band’s debut album, he would trade out all his Christmas gifts until he’s twenty to get his hand on one. Good news are, he got there early enough to be on first line, his taller than average figure covering all the smaller females who queued behind him (He had safely reasoned that he was planning a gift for his younger sister when asked, however. He didn’t think he could block all the fangirl rage when they found out that he wanted the album for himself).

Bad newx are, there are only five of them. So Louis must not get distracted. When the shopkeeper turns the key, he should bolt right in, get a copy, storm off before he suffocate in the crowd any longer. He has his favorite beanie on, Louis was so ready for this game. He brought his wrist up and glanced at the ticking hand. 5:59. Sixty more seconds. Just a mere sixty seconds that separates this overly enthusiastic fanboy and the love of his life- well, at least the recorded voices of his self-proclaimed future husbands. Fifty-nine. Fifty-eight. The seconds felt like hours, subconsciously he had rapidly tapped his foot against the pavement, chewing on his lower lip. Forty-six, forty five

Help, help please!

Louis sucked in a breath. Someone is in trouble. He hates to see someone in trouble. But that too can wait…right?

Please, someone, anyone. A Magister! A Magister in training would do!

Louis peeked over the heads of tiny girls. Just a few meters away from the crowd stood an elderly man, grabbing his knees as he heave for breath. Sweat glinted on his balding forehead, wrinkles of stress prominent and instantly a rush of guilt washed over Louis. This man is in real need of help, and as a soon to be Magister, isn’t it his job to protect him? Twenty. His eyes darted back and forth from the shop to the man. How heartless could he be? The man could be hurt! Fourteen…thirteen…. Time to make your choice, Louis. Five…four…. Screw it. The male dashed out the queue, regretting it just split second as he did so. Where else could he be getting a copy? It wasn’t as though any of those wild starving fangirls were planning of giving up theirs any time soon. Cursing German under his breath, he dashed towards the weary old man.

Please tell me a bulldozer ran over your kid or a shark ate your wife,” Louis panted, looking over his shoulder. The shop has opened and like bugs attracted by light, the girls swarmed in as though their lives depended on it. And perhaps it does. Louis lets out another swear under his breath before looking back at the man, who just stared at him with knitted brows.

No,” the man said shortly. “But follow me.” And with that the man started to walk off. Perplexed, Louis followed suit, not even daring to look back. This was surely going in his social media. At first it felt as though they were walking in circles, perhaps it was his extreme feeling of anguish overwhelming his senses (he’s being a drama queen, he’s really being a drama queen). First he felt empty. Then it was irritation. Just before he got to snap at the man for taking him on an endless walk, they halted just before a worn out storehouse.

"Please get rid of all these rodents! Burn them, poison them, drown them. I don't care. Just get them out of here before they completely infest my stock!" The man pleaded, gesturing towards the stack of wood. Louis’ eye twitch.

That’s it?” Louis asked. The man appeared puzzled for a while but then Louis continued before he could say anything at all. “You stopped me from getting my hands on Five Seconds of Winter’s exclusive debut album for THIS?!

The old man furrowed his brows once more, but before he could say anything again, Louis sighed deeply and raised his hand in defeat. “You know what? It’s done. It’s done right? We can’t change the past, so the least I could do is help you, mister.

In that sentence, the man’s face instantly brightened. He took Louis’ hand and gave it a shake. “Thank you! Thank you thank you! I’ll make sure it’d worth your time! I can get you TEN HOURS of Winter. Just for you!

Louis felt his heart soften. Well, he may not get what he wants. But seeing the man so happy eased his stress even if it was just a bit. So stretching his arms and rolling up his sleeves, he knew it was time to get to work.

Φ Φ Φ​

By the time he was finished, the sun was high in the sky. Chasing out rats, he said. Would be easy, he said. Louis was never the type to harm animals, so he had to persuade the rats to leave (though that didn’t last long). In about a minute, the male had lost his temper and began sprouting random lumps of ground, accidentally burying one in the ground. Soon, however, he managed to get rid of all mice, without killing a single one at that. Perhaps the mice simply got tired of playing Tom and Jerry for five hours and decided to leave on their own. What have they done to him that deserves such a punishment? No one deserves death that much he knew. He just made sure none of them dared to return, at least. By the end, Louis found himself lying on a wooden cargo box, gasping for breath with his shirt splayed in mud and hair sticking out with sweat. He looked horrible. A mouse went off and ran with his beanie. Such a great day.

Mister! Mister, I am done!

In a matter of seconds, a head peeked in, a wide grin decorating his face. “Splendid, splendid! You did a good job…uh…

Louis. Louis, sir,” he introduced himself.

Louis! Splendid indeed. Here’s what I promised you,” The old man shoved a pouch of coins in Louis’ hand. “20 g for you, my good sir! Much better than hours of winter, eh? Never liked winter myself anyway. Destroys the crops and all.

But Louis didn’t care anymore. All he wanted right now was rest...and some warm pasta with extra sauce. So he politely thanked the old man back, made his exit, and buys himself lunch that he very much think he deserves.

coded by:@_707_​

Persephone Vandegraft
superthumb.jpg

♭Strapple Orchards
♭Completed

It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon and a certain redhead was already out of her Academy and in the streets of Tref. It took her about an hour to travel from Requiem Academy to Tref by vehicle but it was worth it. Considering that Requiem was the capital, it was more busy and most importantly for her, noisy. Tref, on the other hand, was another region, that consisted of less pollution, both environmental and sound.

"I'll be back by six, yeh?" The man who rode the vehicle said in his thick accent before nodding his head off at Persephone. She smiled softly before waving him off. The man was a regular patron at her father's business. He would regularly order galloons of petroleum and other oils every few months. What type of business he ran, she had no clue.

After reminiscing for a bit, she made her way from the mud path that she was on onto a more concrete one. It led up to a softer yet wider road before she was met with quite a sight. It wasn't exactly a barren land but there was a paddy field situated on the right side of the big land. It stretched so wide that it took her twenty minutes to arrive to a branching road. On her right, was just trees. She assumed it was a forest or jungle of a sort while the road on her left ended with the situation of a small hut.

Persephone Vandegraft didn't know that houses, or rather, cottages like these maintained over the years of development. She had sworn that read somewhere that the agriculture department of the government was planning to demolish houses that took up less space than the required. She shrugged before making her way to the small hut.

Knocking the door softly, she heard footsteps from inside the house before soon after, an elderly woman appeared, one hand with a pair of knitting needles. Persephone's eyes widened albeit before speaking, "Hello, ma'am. I'm here because of an issue regarding wolfs and an orchard."

The old lady's eyes seemed to twinkle before she smiled warmly. "Ah, yes, dear. You see, my son has been very ill for a week now and he couldn't tend to the starpple trees that we have growing in the forest," she said with a sigh before placing the knitting needles on a table that was situated next to the door, "And because of that, those wolves have been rounding up the trees and plants in our orchards and have been feeding on our fruits. Most importantly, our starpples. For some reason or another, they really like them and I can't go because well, I'm older now and I have to look after my son."

She then reached out and held the redhead's hands in her own before looking her in the eyes. "That's why I asked for help. Do you think you're up for it, love?" It wasn't as though it was a choice for her. She had come all the way here to help so it wasn't really any difference. "Of course, ma'am. I'll get to it right now." She said with a smile. The old lady's eyes widened before squeezing Persephone's hands softly, "Thank you, dear. Our orchard is on the left when you enter the forest. You won't miss it. Be careful."

ø

The forest was dimly-lited despite being in the afternoon. The tall trees casted some light through the gaps the leaves provided but that was it. It was enough for her to know her way but it wasn't enough for her to detail out where she was going or what was on the ground. There were times where she swore she heard the crackling of a bush or dried leaves on the ground but she shrugged it off again.

Just as she made it a minute in, a signboard written 'Randys Orchard' caught her attention, followed by a smaller sign, 'Trespassers will be dealt with severely.' She didn't know why but the image of the old lady's knitting needles came into mind. As she climbed over the wires that fenced the orchard, she found quite a big dugout under a portion of the wire. Probably how the wolves got in, she thought to herself before making her way to the middle of the orchard, having spotted the four starpple trees.

Just as she was about to take a seat against one of them, a low growl was heard and a pair of red eyes could be seen from the side of the first tree. Soon enough, a howl followed and a few more emerged from behind the other trees. "Oh wow," she said, not expecting them this soon. After quite some time, a pack of seven wolves surrounded her, growling.

She remembered the old lady saying that killing them was unnecessary because it would be more work for them but she did mention to collect the harvest for this season. "Have all of you come to play?" She asked rhetorically before smiling, "Too bad, I can only sing."

Persephone took a breath before closing her eyes, sure that the wolves would attack any moment. But she wasn't afraid. She started with a low key before dragging the last note of her sentence longer.

The wind, they call, the wind, they call,
How do I know what do they want?
I am a mere child in this land where everyone seems to fall,

As she begin singing, the wolves froze in their tracks before tilting their heads in confused. One howled while the others merely listened. The song begin to heightened as her voice became higher.

The seasons past like the rain drops,
Falling into place before disappearing like men's hopes.
They seem to awe at jewels and lands,
But never at their women at home,

Slowly, one of the wolves begin to yawn and the rest followed. Each one took turns laying down on the floor, as their eyes tried not to close.

Now they call, again, the wind,
But it's my turn to ask, who in this war and pools of lie ever win?

Persephone Vandegraft ended the song softly and as she opened her eyes, she found the wolves asleep on the ground. Acting quick, she gathered the fallen starapples that had fallen on the ground, and those stuck in the branches before placing them in a basket provided to her by the old woman. She then made her way back to the hut before handing the old woman the basket of starapple.

"Oh my, thank you so much, dear. Do come in for a cup of tea." The old woman said before the redhead simply nodded and complied.

Last edited:

xg045g.gif

~Kaye Nightingale ~
➣ Quest name: The Thief
➣ Interactions: Ajex (AJ) Polaris. Polaris.
➣ Status: In progress

Curtis seemed to follow her orders with quick accuracy. He ran at full speeds towards the young figure before them. Kaye wondered why someone would steal apples, special apples even. But what did she know when it came to these kinds? If you loved someone and wanted to get them to feel that way as well? This would be the best way? What an odd product to be selling.

But that was old news and the end of the little chase was coming to an end. Without hesitation Curtis jumped and tackled the young child, causing her to fall to the ground with a loud thud. It seemed like it hurt, and while Kaye felt this overwhelming need to go and try and comfort her she knew that it wasn't the time to do such a thing. No she had to be strong, hurt or not, this girl was a thief.

her crying caused Kaye to swallow hard, she tried her best to ignore the people's stares that could hear the young preteen try and explain why she did it, if she did actually steal the apples in the first place. At the mention of sister Kaye remembered her own. Kaia would do something like that, perhaps not steal but...It brought the whole thing onto another level.

But before anything could be truly done the commotion brought forth new spectators. And not the kind you would want to meet in an alley way. Kaye didn't feel any fear though. Bandits didn't scare her, not when she was with AJ or the fact that all they had was swords. If things turned ugly? Kaye may have been a peace keeper, wanting to solve things diplomatically but somethings only violence or a good frightening could solve. Especially if the people would not listen to reason.

"Aj, you can't just give up a young girl. Who knows what they would do to her." Kaye spoke giving him a glare but he wasn't going to listen. He brought her closer, for protection and stared down the men before the both of them. Kaye sighed listening to him jabber on.

'I wouldn't say that. Don't threaten AJ.' Kaye thought to herself. While she had a level head, Aj didn't take kindly to threats.

And she had been right. One moment the lead bandit was threatening for what he wanted the next a tonfa was slammed against his Adamsapple causing him to fly back, gurgling in pain.

"You can't talk to the boss like that." Another man spoke stepping up and covering for what Kaye guessed was the leader of this pack of ruffians. She sighed looking to the girl then to Curtis who was growling before them. 'Alright fine.'

Closing her eyes for a brief moment Kaye concentrated on getting Curtis to move in just the right way, he was a large beast dog. Bigger then a wolf, and a lot scarier. Within moments he had been butterflying chaser but know he would kill. Taking an attacking stance the beast rammed into a few of them, taking bites out of there clothes and throwing the men into the walls. While she concentrated on that AJ seemed to have other ideas.

"Don't go killing anyone. We don't want to have there blood on our hands." Kaye spoke shooting him a small look before Curtis let out a loud growl at the men. With it the men ran off, they left weapons behind a shield actually spinning from being thrown to the ground. Kaye smiled a bit turning to AJ who was dealing with the leader.

"Don't think about running off little one." Kaye suddenly spoke to the girl who was about to gather the apples and leave. You stole those didn't you." Kaye asked, the girl wouldn't look at her. "What you did was wrong. You have to return them, if you wanted one for you sister you should have gotten them the right way." Kaye tried to explain Curtis walked to the girl keeping an eye on her while Kaye walked to AJ's side.

"Come on, I think he's had enough don't you?" Kaye asked tilting her head to the side then looked the other man over. "He really is a large teddy bear."

Malachai Walker
Protect the Boss || In Progress
Partner: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

555fd0e44d5097170204a9fbc931f9af.jpg

Malachai watched the exchange between father and daughter, his own curiosity motivating him to try to understand the situation. It was odd to him, but he supposed not for the Duke. He was physically disgusted by the idea that the Duke would give his pretty young daughter to a man who could very well be her father. Did the royals not have any morals? The whole arranged marriage had a pedophelic undertone to it. The girl looked his age; she couldn't have been older than twenty-two. Sure, she was of legal age, but that didn't mean that the whole thing was any less abject. He hoped, for the girl's sake, that her fiance would kick the bucket soon so she wouldn't be stuck with him for too long.

"What can I say; I'm a genius," the boy whispered back to his friend, a hint of a smile dancing across his lips. He knew very well that he was anything but, so he took the opportunity to flaunt his good guessing skills under the guise of intelligence; it was a joke. He turned his attention back to the horrible father Duke and gave a confident nod. "We'll take good care of her."

In this case, it was exactly what the father wanted to hear on the surface. If he actually knew Kai as a person, he surely wouldn't have felt reassured at all by the boy's words. But the Syndicate Slut's reputation was confined to the walls of the academy, so this man was able to life in blissful ignorance, believing that his daughter was going to safely arrive to her fiance's residence, as untainted as when he had sent her off. As they strolled out of the parlor, Kai placed his hand on the girl's back, guiding her to the carriage. He was just making sure she got there without any problems. Or, at least, that was what the Duke thought.

The carriage was ornately decorated with gold and it was probably worth more than his own house. He wondered what Ajax thought of all of the blatant displays of wealth. The blonde dormed with two other people and didn't even want to spend money on lunches way back when they first met, which had worked in Kai's favor because it allowed him to be the one that fed Ajax. Financially, it was safe to say he was on the lower end of the spectrum, not that Kai would ever hold it against him or anything. He cared very little about monetary status; he knew better than that. Besides, they were nearly in the same boat anyway- Kai's parents paid for his room while he was expected to take care of the rest; if not for that, he'd probably be rooming with Ajax, not that he'd be complaining or anything. Because he had seen carriages and the objects that rich people loved very often as a child, the glitz and glamour affected him less now. He wondered if his friend thought it was all tacky or beautiful. If he had go guess, he'd lean more towards the former.

As soon as they settled inside the carriage, which was much larger than he anticipated, Jasmine began to spill. He had to admit, it tugged on his heartstrings quite a bit. The girl had a solid point: all of her freedom was being ripped away before she even had a chance to experience any of it. The way Ajax reacted to it was laughable. He was worse than Quinn when it came to dealing with emotional people. They made eye contact and Kai was ready to spring into action. A single look was all it took to communicate. Over the years, he had grown closer to Ajax than anyone else. Their relationship baffled people all the time. To most people, Ajax seemed cold, distant, whereas Kai was always warm, friendly. Where most people saw the same bored expression, Kai could understand a multitude of feelings from minute changes in expression: the slightest upturned corner of his mouth when Kai managed to say something that was simultaneously annoying and endearing, the subtle furrow of the eyebrows when something was a bit off or he couldn't quite understand someone's actions. All of it made sense to Malachai. This moment was no different: the Syndicate president did not want this girl to dissolve into a mess of tears and make their jobs more awkward. It was time for some good old fashioned comforting.

A single hand gracefully reached and moved a loose strand of hair from in front of the girl's face to behind her ear and sympathetically murmered for her to calm down. He gave the girl a gentle smile and used his most sincere, calming voice. It had worked on dozens of girls before, so there was no reason for it not to work on her. "Darling, this isn't the end of your life, it's a minor setback. This man may not be your true love, but I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Perhaps this will give you an opportunity to find the love of your life. Who knows where he may be hiding."

Wooing the duchess was, like sitting in this carriage, another part of the mission. He cared less about the girl as a person and more about how he could manipulate her to get to a position where she would make his job easier and thus allow for him and Ajax to succeed. He was well aware that he was not the only one on the mission; he was happy to be with Ajax. But this also meant that he absolutely refused to not complete it as a full success because it would cost not only him his lunch, but also Ajax's. If there was one thing he would never allow himself to do, it was let his best friend down. Completing this for Ajax and himself was top priority. Wooing a pretty girl was just a means by which to complete the mission. He didn't geniunely care for her- how could he when he'd only know her for a few minutes. The duchess did, however, start calming down rather than continuing on her path to an emotional breakdown. Kai looked at Ajax, the corner of his mouth tugging up into a subtle smile that practically shouted 'you're welcome.' However, the brunet's victory was shortlived when the the horses could be heard neighing and the carriage came to an abrupt stop.

"Magisters!" The footman called, his voice shaky and panicked. Kai moved to get a view out the window but his efforts were useless because he couldn't see anything that would cause a problem. So, he opened the door and stuck his head out. The sight he was confronted with was as familiar as any.

"Tenebrae up ahead. One small, the other big. Which one do you want?" Kai asked Ajax in a calm, almost casual tone. His trusted crossbow had been strapped to his back. While he spoke, he took it out and aimed it at the two. They seemed fairly low level, so an arrow or two should end it, he thought to himself. He stepped down and out of the carriage, still aiming the crossbow at the tenebrae. He wasn't the best at using his weapon, but it worked pretty well for him so far. His anima wasn't going to help him much here, so he had to use the real weapon. He had no doubt that he and Ajax could handle this. Perhaps it would score him some points with Jasmine while he was at it.

A J A X
”Seeing people change isn’t what hurts the most. It’s remember who they used to be.”

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
Starapple Orchards || Tref Forest || Ajax || Completed

It wasn’t a secret that the president of Syndicate was probably the poorest member having barely enough food to eat and staying in a triple. His only means of income was questing and leeching off his friends. While one would expect pride to get in the way, Ajax has experienced enough hunger to avoid such a meaningless emotion get in the way of having a meal for once. Since he was sixteen he had resided in triples as it was the only way for the penniless boy to afford housing. He felt no shame but to stop those pity stares, he had to force his way up the ladder even if the ladder meant losing a part of himself. It was only when he made a name for himself that fear replaced pity and for Ajax that was enough.

Dorming with two strangers had taken a toll on the platinum blonde. Literally. It was an eventful day when he was running a hand through his hair and noticed that a good amount fell out possibly from the stress he had to go through in a triple. It had gotten so bad that Ajax bit his tongue and sat on the edge of his bed counting his secret stash of savings. He was saving for a better future and if that meant no lunches, that was fine. He only needed a meal a day to survive anyways. But the eighteen years old had enough of living with crazies for two years. No one wanted to change rooms with him and he refused to carry on with this madness. Ajax had a great plan in mind and it would blow everyone away. He was going to get a double next year. With a firm resolve, Ajax walked out of his dormitory getting ready for a breath of fresh air as well as questing along the way. He needed all the money he could get as Ajax was now determined to be in a double next year. If he was lucky, he could room with Kai and if not, at least he would want to strangle one less magister-in-training.

Ajax wanted something quick and easy and unfortunately that also meant meaningless labor. Walking through the Tref forest, he took a good look at the scenery. Leaves rustled at the light breeze flowing through, lifting up the isolated ones moving them from one branch to another. The dirty was muddy from the rainfall this morning with dewdrops rolling off foliage. It was stunning, vibrant and he loved nature at its roots. He walked slowly, admiring the view and finally found what he was locating. An old wrinkle man came out looking haggard from lack of sleep and skinny from lack of food. Ajax took a quick glance at his hut and realized that there wasn’t much around at all. Instead of bricks and wood, the hut seemed like it was made out of hay and it could be blown down any second now. “You need me to pick some apples?” he asked tapping his hand against his elbow as the old man quickly nodded.

“Young man, I’m under the weather today. Please help me out,” he coughed into his elbow. “I just need all the ripe STARapples to be picked and chase away the wolves.”

“Why don’t you just get rid of them for good?”

“Everyone goes through hunger at one point. I don’t think it’s fair to kill them over a few apples. Will you do me this favor? I don’t have much. You’ll receive ten coins as a reward,” he said with a hacking cough in between words.

“That’ll suffice,” Ajax answered with a nod before the farmer showed him where the apples were grown sturdy and tall.

“They’re my pride and joy. I’ve had these trees since I was a little boy. I can’t give up a day without picking them. They have saved my family from hardships and hunger. You wouldn’t think too much of trees but these are heaven sent,” the voice was filled with love and joy.

“Hn, I bet.”

With that, the farmer left Ajax to his own devices and the male used a branch to lift himself up. Climbing trees was something he was used to and oddly enough, it was something he enjoyed doing. Swinging from one branch to another, Ajax climbed higher and higher until he reached the very top of the tree. Grabbing the apples and snatching it away without breaking the branches, he used his anima to drop them off into the baskets. With the heat beating down his back, he decided that he had to make this more enjoyable before he finds himself falling asleep against the tree trunk. With every apple he held on his hand, Ajax shoots it upward as it fell in a parabola motion right into the basket. But of course, he had to use his anima at the last minute to soften the fall. Playing ball with the apples only kept him entertained for a couple of minutes before howls caught his attention and Ajax turned to look at the wolves.

He moved the basket of apples towards himself, holding it in his arms and he sat on the tree branching finding a way to distract the animals in a peaceful manner. Well. He had no plan but how different are wolves from dogs? The wolves, however, didn’t have the patience to wait for Ajax to conjure up a way to remove them. They snarled, baring sharp fangs as they scratched the tree branches, leaving claw marks as a result. Eyeing a broomstick nearby, Ajax mentally lifted it using it as a fly swapper smacking the wolves from the behind. He used the sweeping side to rub it against their nose irritably but every time they try to rip it apart with their teeth, he pulled it away mischievously. He whacked each wolf everywhere from their legs, to their belly, against their back and shoving the bristles into the nostrils just to frustrate the creatures. Now this was more fun than playing pretend basketball with the apples. Soon, he poked and prodded enough wolves that they realized that this was just not worth it. The alpha howled causing the whole pack to follow him away from the apple trees.

A yawn escaped him just as he continued to collect more apples. As soon as the sunsets, Ajax was finally done with his task, taking his time collecting the rest of the apples without much disturbance. He hopped off the tree before dropping his goods in front of the farmer’s place.

The old man emerged from his hut and gave the rewards as promised. “Thank you for your help. Please tell your friends about this request. I have plenty of apple trees to go around!”

“Right…”

A J A X
”Seeing people change isn’t what hurts the most. It’s remember who they used to be.”

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
The Thief || Requiem City || Ajax & Kaye || Completed

Kaye was determined to protect this stranger and Ajax was pretty sure he wanted to hand her over to the authorities and wash his hands off her. He stood in front of Kaye knowing he could easily block any weapons thrown their way knowing full well that if her beasts die, she suffers backlash like never before. The wind howled, marking its presence in the midst of the tension as the current bandits armed with pitchforks, daggers, swords, and more screamed their battle cry.

“We must take revenge for our Bald Eagle!” they hollered, raising their weapons up in the air. Turning to Kaye maintaining his straight face, Ajax shook his head looking more amused than disbelieved. “How does anyone say that with a straight face?” he said wryly. Curtis looked more than ready to fight and knowing Kaye can handle herself, Ajax figured he could turn this situation into a fairly good one. His mind already had it all planned out and how to end this silly charade to everyone’s satisfaction. A hand ran through the platinum blonde locks as he approached the leader while Kaye and Curtis took care of the rest.

“So baldie,” he began pressing his second tonfa against the male’s ribcage, digging it against his skin as he knew the only way to dominate power is with power. Bandits don’t listen to anyone unless they have no other way out. It was a pain in the ass having to deal with things using force but Ajax had gotten used to it with the way Syndicates work. They only listen to those who are not just physically stronger but anima-wise as well. “I have a proposition for the both of us. I am not in the mood to kill today,” he said, pushing the tonfa harder inwards causing the guy to lose his breath. He couldn’t talk due to the blocked airflow and he was struggling for air. “So, give me all of your money and I’ll let you go. How about it?”

The other male frantically nodded fighting to grab his pouch of coins. “H-heeere,” he barely managed to strangle out sounds. “P-pleea…se.” Snatching the brown leather pouch away, he forgot to release his hold against the neck as he turned back only to bump into Kaye. With her words, Ajax turned around, releasing his hold over the bandit leader.

“I’m not a teddy bear,” he grumbled. “You and Uriah are ruining this reputation I’ve build for myself. Now people keep smiling at me, it’s off-putting,”[/b] Ajax sighed before walking towards the wailing female. “Look, you really need to stop stealing. Next time it’s going to be your head on the line. Your legs will be sawed off, your organs harvested, and no one will come to your rescue.”

The girl looked at him, with her tears now replaced by complete horror.

“Look, you can have the apples. Consider this money as payment. I swear, if I see you again, I’ll turn you in. Got it?”

The girl face switched from horror to confusion but complete elation at the last minute. “Oh good sir! Thank you so much! My sister face was deformed since she rescued me from the fire. I heard these apples are good enough to heal burns over a period of time!”

“Wait. You mean these aren’t apples to make you sexually arouse?”

His straightforward nature caused the female’s cheeks to burn aflame. “W-what are you thinking! How indecent!”

“What? Me? She’s the one who wanted them,” Ajax gestured to Kaye with his tonfa.

“Well I got to go! Thank you both for your help,” she got up about to hug Ajax who pushed her away with a hand against her forehead.

“Just. Go,” he shooed her away before heaving another heavy sigh as the other girl went over to hug Kaye instead. “Come on, let’s finish this so I can go home and nap.”

When they got back to the quest, he dropped the pouch of coins on the food stand with a loud thud. “We’re done here. This should be enough to pay for all the apples stolen. Now give us what we’re due for,” he held out his hand. The thankful old man nodded and grabbed the coin pouch gratefully.

“You’ve helped me out so much! Thank you to you both. Please take this as my token of thanks and an apple for you,” he handed them both an apple with a the biggest grin Ajax had ever seen. As they walked away from the market, Ajax tucked his weapons away inside his hoodie once more. Being 20 g coins richer, the male was in a lighter mood than usual.

“You’re right, Kaye. Looks like this trip was worthwhile after all, isn’t that right Curtis?” a small smile lingered on his face for a split second when the dog barked happily back at him.

“Heh.”

Sasil Sasil

akina kanashimi

akina 1.jpg
starapple orchards // N/A // completed[/bg]

Akina sat, arms crossed, on the bed of her dorm. She was bored with her day, and changing her hair colour didn't appeal to her as much as it did a year ago. She stretched, and jumped off the bed. She pulled on a purple tank top and a short black skirt, and stepped into her wedges as she exited the small room.

Exiting the Academy gates, she sighed, and started down the short path down to a small village. She had been to the farm multiple times, and she decided to visit the little old woman there one last time before school started. After a couple minutes of sauntering through the crowded streets, she reached the small cottage near the large field.

Knocking on the door, Akina smiled as she saw the little old woman open the door, smiling at her. She had been like a grandmother to her when she was young, and now Akina wanted to help her out. "Oh, Akina!" The woman wrapped her in a tight hug, and invited her in. Akina gave no objection, and she entered the small building.

Akina and the old woman chatted for a bit, discussing Akina's future and her magic. After a while, the old woman fell asleep, and Akina quietly closed the door behind her. As she exited the building, Akina took her hair out of the small fishtail. She thought to herself, this is probably the last time I'll see her... Akina headed towards the small orchard by the cottage. The woman had mentioned an issue with the orchard, but Akina hadn't paid much attention. She went around to the back of the building, and looked at the trees filled with apples.

As she walked down the path, her train of thought was interrupted by a small wolf howl. She turned around with anticipation, and saw a small pack of wolves, grouped together. Akina stumbled backwards a couple steps, and her face was turned into a shocked look. The wolves slowly advanced, and Akina turned around and grabbed a pebble off of the ground.

Using her powers, Akina altered the stone. It started to glow until you couldn't see it anymore, and it morphed it's shape. When the glow subsided, a piece of fresh meat hung in Akina's hand. Akina plugged her nose, and whipped the piece of meat across the fence of the orchard and into the field. The wolves chased after the meat, and they disappeared over the wooden fence. Picking up a small basket, Akina started picking at the Starapples, and at the end she left it at the front door of the cottage with a small note, saying "From Akina~". She knocked on the door, and casually walked back towards the Academy, happy she had done a good deed.

coded by dwale

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
Protect the Boss || Requiem City || Ajax & Malachai || In Progress

One would automatically assume that Kai has the abilities of a telepathic from the way he could understand Ajax without words spoken but after three years of learning how to read facial features, Kai had become a master at it. Ajax suppressed a sigh of relief when Kai began to weave his magic. It was strange that the exact words coming from Ajax’s mouth would have a completely opposite effect but when Kai says it, tears slowly vanished and frowns would reverse into smiles. Soon the girl would melt into a puddle in his arms, gushing about her prince charming in her head and Ajax knew how this familiar dance would end. The female would end up heartbroken meanwhile Malachai and Ajax celebrates with a sandwich. But like a moth attracted to a flame, no one could really deny his or her carnal desire for the brunet.

But at least this time, they would end up the best bowl of food money can buy. Ajax watched the interactions between the both of them: the soothing comforting words, the loving actions, and the light gasp that escaped her lips from the unexpected touch. Her eyes widened with hope and maybe a wish for something more. While many would feel completely discomforted and out of place as if they were a third wheel, Ajax felt right at home and if the road wasn’t so bumpy, the male could have fallen asleep against the confines of the carriage.

Her agonizing anxiety was reluctantly replaced by soft defeated sighs but she was no longer about to burst into heavy tears. Thank the goddess. At the sight of his friend’s smile, Ajax relaxed his shoulders. Tension released from his countenance and he gave him a grateful nod. He knew he could always count on Kai to handle emotions without fail unlike Quinn who had the same view as he. The sudden halt combined with the rocky terrain caused the platinum blonde to bang his head against the back of his seat before he was jerked forward as a result of physics.

A yelp escaped Jasmine as she fell forward into Kai’s arms, furiously blushing before resettling herself in her seat. “What’s wrong?” she called the footman who hurriedly explained the situation with fright but all he could stutter out was their title. None of them could see ahead causing Kai to open the door to get a better visual. As Ajax had suspected, it had to be something fairly dangerous for the footman to lose his voice. However, the girl who had never seen a tenebrae in her life shuddered in her spot, frozen as stone. “I’ll take the big one.” He turned to the girl looking as if she was a hindrance even though he was supposed to be protecting her. “Don’t move and don’t scream.”

“Will you be alright?” Jasmine finally found her voice, turning to Malachai with worries pooled in the bright verdant optics. Ajax rolled his eyes before climbing out of the carriage for a better view. The larger tenebrae took a form of a giant white monkey with a long furry tail that can grab objects and swing it with great accuracy. The other one was smaller turtle seemingly impenetrable except for its head, which, while scaly, can be easily pierced through and destroyed with the right weapon. Ajax withdrew his pair of tonfa from its sheath. His weapon had more machinery than a normal tonfa and with a press of a button, the rod extended as long as a regular staff. His tonfa had always been odd with long curved handles but it isn’t until Ajax pulls away the two outer black leather scabbards that his weapon in reverse reveals two scythe-like weapons. However, for purposes unknown, the left tonfa blade is inverted giving it the resemblance of a pinwheel when paired with the right one. Having a sharp weapon was beneficial to the man who preferred a quick easy death by hacking off limbs of the tenebrae until it was no longer recognizable. His eyes were focused as he took a deep breath, dashing towards the tenebrae as he jumped upwards to slice off half of the monkey’s tail. A screech of pain followed with ebony blood splattering against him. Ajax forgot how much he found close distance fights distasteful.

Trying to end this quick so they could continue their mission, he dodged fists aimed at him, allowing them to crush the ground before he carved away both arms and finally the dead. The gruesome battle was one-sided but it was just a regular tenebrae. They were lucky it wasn’t a gang of beasts. Walking back to retrieve the fallen sheath, he placed them back on and attempted to remove the dripping black liquid off his face with the hem of his hoodie. Fighting tenebrae was one of the main reason why Ajax always wore black. It hides blood whether its his or theirs. Opponents won’t know they harmed him and there would be no residual stains. His ashen hair was smeared with black and Ajax regretted his choice to try out how he would fare with close distance.

When they were back in the carriage, Jasmine looked utterly horrified at how disheveled Ajax managed to look from just one battle. While she didn’t get to see the other side of the fight, her heart raced at how calm Malachai looked when fighting the turtle. Ajax knew that those besotted looks. Malachai was the personification of a social butterfly, a people lover, and most of the time, everyone adored him the moment they laid their eyes on him. Whether it’s because of his anima, or his looks, it had always been an advantage not only to Kai but his friends. To make the brunet happy, they would always cater to his friends who happened to be Ajax, the tag-a-along.

She turned to smile at Malachai, hoping to win his good graces by offering a break. “Ajax looked like he went through a lot. Perhaps we can stay at an inn for a couple of hours and be on our way afterwards. It is a fairly short trip by carriage. Let us do that,” she announced rather than suggested.

Ajax shook his head. “No. I'm fine. Let’s just get you to your husband so we can be on our way.”

“We will have to stop for a light dinner anyways so an inn would be a perfect resting point.”

It seemed like there was no point in arguing with royalty so Ajax relented. He patted his friend's shoulder with affection. "At least expenses are paid for, our trip will have to wait." he said in a soft barely audible whisper. With his head resting against Malachai’s shoulder, he closed his eyes attempting to fall asleep.

It looks like the footman got the memo since Ajax woke up just as they arrived at the inn. He stretched his arms over his head and yawned a couple of times before the footman opened the door for all three to get out. It was in the early evening when they arrived and the inn looked more like a fancy hotel with marble flooring and clear sparkling chandeliers hung high since a Duke’s daughter wouldn’t stay anywhere less. Two rooms were booked with Ajax and Malachai sharing one room while Jasmine was in the other room.

While their rooms were just right next to each other, Jasmine attempted the fragile damsel in distress look just as Ajax opened the door to their hotel room.

“The whole fight was terrifying. I’m afraid to be alone. Could you stay in my room with me for a little?”

The platinum blonde turned to face Kai before giving his best friend that all-knowing smirk. This was why he thought relationships were troublesome. You never know how clingy someone can be. “Well, I’ll just…be showering then. Have fun.” With that, he closed the door behind him.

Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart

Kirijou.Mitsuru.240.1927406.jpg

▼​
Interactions: Zander Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Bobbi Skryx Skryx Jensen Finalizer Finalizer
Quest: Starapple Orchards

Jasmine Bermout
The mention of Fluffy brings about the brief look of confusion on the redhead's features. She quirks a brow at Bobbi, but the look instantly softens as realization hits her. Ah, that's right. Bobbi had named one of the wolves in the pack. The juvenile name filled her with nostalgia. Her eyes glazed as she recalled the memories back, agreeing with the brunette with a small nod. "If we're lucky we will. Who knows? Maybe Fluffy has pups now," Jasmine smiled, implying the long stretch of time. It had been six years since they've last came back and little seemed to have change.

There were more cottage-like houses in the village and its fields seemed to have expanded exponentially. Walking up to the farmhouse they were assigned to help out, Jasmine knocked on the door and was greeted with the farmer who called for their assistance.

He explained his reasons for calling (and like before, it was also because of a stubborn flu) and expressed his gratitude for their help. Four baskets were handed to each individual and they were instructed to fill each one up. Jasmine wished him well and reassured him that everything was going to be fine, despite the warning of wolves.

In the past, just mention of the beasts made the four pale. Now that they were older, wolves were the least of their worries. They've fought horrors far worse.

As they headed towards the orchard, Jasmine turned to Jensen and offered to hold the basket for him. "I don't want you to accidentally burn it like last time," she said, face serious but eyes laughing. She was teasing of course, but her jest would've easily gone over anyone's head if they didn't know her.

She smiled as her inside joke was caught and another memory triggered. During the first quest they had, all of them were greatly inexperienced. The way they fought the wolves were reckless and extremely dangerous.

When cornered, Jensen had set the basket he was holding on fire and threw it at the wolves. It worked for a moment, but the flames died out as quickly as they started. Momentary fear quickly escalated to aggression. Instead of scaring them off, Jensen had only served to provoke them further.

Jasmine's help was no better. She had summoned a number of small mimics, the size of her palms. Unlike the ones she could summon now, her first few were almost formless, taking on more fiery mass than earthen. They burned the grass they thread on and raised its goopy hands in an attempt to fight off the wolves.

One of the wolves had taken a mimic in its mouth, only to severely burn its jaw. Considering its tiny size and slow built, the beasts learned to avoid them quickly. Dodging the little blobs were fairly easy.

Thinking back on it now, it's a miracle Jasmine and Jensen hadn't burned down the whole orchard. They're abilities (at their skill level) had been poorly suited for their terrain.

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 1
MONSTER RAID

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

It would be lying to say if Axel hadn’t been surprised for the least. The moment he felt the subtle gust of wind over his head, the blonde halted his steps, his eyes half-lidded as he slowly turned to glance back at Ajax. The male was no stranger to tension between the two, perhaps no one is. Every time they entered the room, a strain would break, whether it’s sneaking bitter glances or explicitly tossing aggressive comments at each other…though most of the time it was one-sided. Axel ought to be thankful that Ajax hadn’t gone far enough to actually harm him but at this point, who would blame?

Growing soft, president? I would think that you’d hate me more than this,” he commented, a smile breaking into his face. “Then I suppose I should be wary of a proposal next?” he chuckled, turning away and began walking up as if his head hadn’t been nearly chopped off by a blade longer than his arm. Pacing up towards the second floor, he reached his footing on an area similar to the first, at first glance at least. There was still the thick looming gloom lingering on every corner, the metallic stench of tar-like blood coming from the main hall but somehow it felt…different. Axel would like to be cheesy and call it venturing deeper into the darkness of the mansion, but perhaps this sudden change of atmosphere can only be explained by his sudden laziness, as well as at the same time undeniable enthusiasm, of having to deal with yet more tenabrae. Stepping out into the spotlight emerged five six seven…twelve gigantic spiders, not including what seemed to be their queen covered behind them, gracefully extending their legs as they descended the staircase leading to their next floor.

Axel had always been fond of spiders. For once, keeping them around wouldn’t be proven in vain. Small spider, big spider whose legs are as big as his head…same difference. Before anyone could warn him, the queen conjured out a sharp hiss (so that’s how they’re supposed to sound on a larger scale!), accompanied by a web-like structure accelerating towards them in attempt to trap them in. Axel quickly stepped aside, only before the president had deflected the webs onto the queen’s own minions. The blonde let out a low whistle, chuckling to himself. “I’m impressed,” he muttered, his eyes darting back and forth between the trapped minions and their queen. The female spider made yet another screeching hiss, vigorously slapping two of her front legs upon the ground as if to express her utter dismay, before she came charging right at him. Seems like she too has nice tastes. It was time to put his theory into test.

If Axel were given the chance to trade out his anima for anything else, he would never. Not even mind control, nothing. He must say he was more than satisfied with his own powers. Three combinations: frequency, wavelength, amplitude; yet countless of possibilities. Imagine having to contemplate each time on how he’d want his enemy served. So many methods, yet only one result: death. That’s exactly how he feels right now. Now that she’s here, why not have a little fun? “Oh hi sweetie,” Axel smiled, gently lifting his hand to touch her. The spider, sadly, didn’t appreciate his presence as much as he appreciated hers. With an ear-piercing shriek, she jolted forward, her pincers snapping open and close. For the second time that day, Axel nearly lost his head.

Oooh feisty. Reminded me of someone,” Axel called out, glancing back at Ajax. Seemed like he was done. Maybe he did take too long on his sweet time. At the platinum blonde’s comment, the male just laughed. “She’s a lady, you uncultured being! Have some manners! She deserves as much treatment as-” Before he could finish his words, Axel felt a sudden force pushing him back to the ground. The next thing he knew, his whole body was covered in thick, sticky clear strands…webs? Of course.

The tenabrae hissed as Axel squirmed, trying to find an exit as the queen advanced towards him, her pincers snipped, keen of tasting his head perhaps… “Aye, squirting so soon? You’ve been a naughty girl, haven’t you?” Axel said, laying back when he knew it’s probably too late to try and escape now anyway. But play time’s over, so how about infrared? Without blinking, Axel set his gaze firmly on her. They were only meters apart when soon…she stopped moving. Then the spider began screeching, more high pitched than ever as steam clouded above its head. It staggered back, clawing at its own face as it screams out its agony. Axel sniggered as the queen collapsed onto the ground, her legs upstretched and twitching until at one point, she stopped moving. Axel gave one last laugh before turning to Ajax.

Would you be a dear and give me a hand? …No? Well…” Axel frowned at his own position, focusing hard on the threads of webs to make them vibrate. In the end he got tired of it and reached for his pocket knife before slicing the webs away enough for him to make an exit. He gave a stretch before beginning to make his way towards the next floor. “You can have your rest later, sleeping beauty. Two floors left.” Onto the next floor, however, it became odd. Exactly the same as the previous, but somehow it was…quiet. The rustle of the leaves were audible over the closed windows, their own breathing seemed to ring loudly throughout the walls. There was nothing separating them and the next staircase. Was that it? That was easy…and highly disappointing in some ways. Just as Axel was about to head on towards their last floor, he noticed how the Syndicate president was not following him. Perplexed, Axel furrowed his brows as he eyed the platinum blonde male. “You do realize the man said Mister Cradford – or whoever his name was- was on the forth floor, meaning he’s on the floor above the third. To be honest, I’d at least expect you to be able to count, Mister President.

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 2
THE THIEF

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: -

A friendly reminder to anyone who would want to find a particular blonde elite who is on break (not sure why anyone would bother, in all honesty), then the best advice is probably: give up. Just give up and go home. Don’t even bother calling, because Axel is not to be found unless he wanted to be. The day began as it usually does; nothing out of the ordinary. This, however, is always proven wrong. As usual, Axel was on the hunt for a worthwhile occasion, strolling aimlessly on the well-known Requiem City. He could’ve been anywhere; around the beach, the market place, a woman socialite club- It was indeed a fairly odd way to spend the day, whereas the rest of the elite members would perhaps prefer to spend their days sleeping in. The blonde begged to differ. Why waste such a perfectly good day, when so many things could happen? On this very fine day, Axel had made his decisions. He was going to visit the central area.

The central area had always been a perfect place for a hunt. With so many people, so many things could have happened all at once. At the corner, a couple is having a heated conflict, shoving fingers at each other while shouting inaudible words. Just meters away, a weary mother searched for aid for her young toddler had just tripped and scraped his little knee. Even if nothing particularly spectacular happens, that’s quite alright. Axel is quite satisfied with his steamy cup of coffee and a good book in hand. Perhaps this was the time he actually relaxes from doing all the paper works in student council; by reading more papers. How pleasant. It had been a long day, and soon the sun will set. With that, Axel finished up his coffee, shoving the book in his bag as he prepared to leave. However-

Help! Somebody, help!” A petite young woman stormed out of a nearby shop, her hair strewn allover her face. She frantically looked around, her eyes darting as fast as machine guns, before pointing at a particular direction. “Hey, you! Come back here! Thief! Help!

Axel calmly looked around at the rest of the people in the café. They all seemed content, hiding their faces in their drinks or sharing low whispers with each other. Such a good way to restore faith in humanity. The blonde sighed before exiting. For one moment he contemplated whether or not to spend the effort. For another moment he wondered why he even contemplated. This was what he was waiting for all day. And must he say he has a fetish for damsels in distress.

How may I help you, love?” Axel smiled as he greeted her. The woman snapped her wide eyes at him. “Oh, my good sir! I-I-” She stammered, tears glinting by the corners of her eyes. How cute. “He stole all my goods! If you can get them back, I’ll give you something good.” She said, before quickly adding “For free![/b]”

The girl groaned, stomping her foot in frustration upon the ground. “My father will kill me. It’s my first day on the job a-and I can’t believe I ruined everything-” Axel snapped his finger next to her, where the girl instantly jolted and shuts up. It was a trick he learnt- a tiny shocking stun not strong enough to pass someone out, but enough to hold their words. Most effective on a certain Pandora female. The girl stared at him in wide eyes, for a moment just opening and closing her mouth like a fish gasping for air, before she finally choked out “You’re a Magister.”

In training. But why would he say that? So he just nodded. “Fear not, love. I’ll catch that thief for you.

With that Axel dashed off, ready in pursue of his target. And he could’ve sworn he saw her blush.

Ѧ Ѧ Ѧ​

Finding a person whose face he barely remember is tougher than he anticipated. Axel knew he should have spent his first few seconds actually watching the thief’s face instead of the girl’s face. The central area is crowded even in such a time and scanning each faces is no walk in the park. So what did he get? The thief was bald. Very specific! Has…brown eyes? Grey? He couldn’t tell nor could he remember even if he did see. So for a while, Axel was left observing people one by one, hoping if any of their faces would ring a bell. For once he was considered ditching the quest, but where is the fun in that? Then an idea struck him- Axel bent his head down, covering his mouth with his hand. A woman’s voice has a higher frequency. Just twitch it a little bit along with the resonance- “THIEF, THIEF! SOMEONE STOP HIM!

Well, that went well. Upon hearing a voice similar to the female shopkeeper, from a distance was seen the bald haired male wearing all black, escaping away with a backpack in hand. Now begins the fun part. Axel lifted his hand and spun his wrist- the male tripped and fell. As the thief tried to get back up and begin running for another few feet, Axel spun his wrist again and once more, the thief face planted.

You’ve got to be kidding me!” The thief grunted as Axel laughed. The bald male looked over his shoulder and the utter horror in his eyes is simply admirable. Axel took the effort to smile and waved at him.

Who the hell are you, kid?” The man said, walking backwards.

Axel shrugged. “Just some kid who is in need of a play time.”

Well, uh…this is adult business, so I suggest you go home no-” But the man never finished his sentence as Axel gave his wrist one last flick and the male fell backwards…into a pile of horse dung. Axel began laughing again as the older male tried to scrape off the waste off his body.

Don’t worry, your shirt hides the color…and your odor hides the stench,” he said before cracking up laughing again. The thief deadpanned at him.

Look kid, I don’t know whoever hired you out there, but I’ll just give you a few Gs and we can pretend this never happened, alright?

What? Are you bribing me?

The thief shrugged. Axel feigned an offended look.

Do you even know who I am?

No- Look kid, tell me what you want-

I am nineteen.

Ugh whatever. Kid, teen, young adult. Just tell me what you want, alright?” The thief suggested. He seemed to be tired of his shit. It reminded Axel of a particular someone.

Fine,” Axel grinned, crossing his arms and leaning upon a stall. “Backpack.”

Fuck no!” The thief complained. But Axel wasn’t finished.

I want your backpack, your wallet, and strip off every piece of outfit you have. Then kindly hand yourself over to those gentlemen over there,” Axel nodded towards a direction, where there stood a few of uniformed cops huddling together.

The thief gave him a look, knitting his eyebrows together and eyeing Axel as though he had gone mad. If he’s smart, he’d agree. But in the end-

No.

Ѧ Ѧ Ѧ​

Long story short, the man gave him the backpack, the wallet, stripped himself off his clothes and handed himself over to the cops (more like begged to be taken, to be exact). The blonde got himself a few Gs, a kiss on the cheek, and a night to spend with a lovely young woman. In the end, all was well.

akina kanashimi

AKINA.PNG
the thief// N/A // in progress[/bg]

Akina walked through the streets of Requiem, returning from Tref and heading back to the Academy. She casually enjoyed the fresh, busy morning feel of Requiem, and she continued down the small stony path. As she was about to turn up to Melrose St., she heard a loud scream behind her. She turned around to see a crowd forming around a stand, and a couple people chasing a quick fellow.

Akina ran up to the group, and tried to ask around. When she finally was able to get someone's attention, the woman said, "The man rushed through! I screamed, and everyone caught on to what was happening! He took as much as he could, and got away from the merchant! I'm so shocked!" Akina was surprised such a loud commotion had occurred in the mostly calm streets of Requiem. She watched the thief turn down a corner, and the group of townspeople too slow to catch on to the thief. Akina started asking around for any clues as to who the thief could be, and she started with the merchant.

Turning to face Mr. Calbo, his face was red with anger. "That stupid man! Thinking he can get away with my goods! I came all the way here from Miasto, and to get robbed? How injust! I might just never come back here again and sell my goods!" Akina was angry to hear this, as Mr. Calbo supplied the townsfolk with some of the finest bread. Without him, there would be a significant decrease in the economy of Requiem. Akina rushed towards where she last saw the thief, and started searching and asking the citizens.
coded by dwale

Last edited:
Robert Daze
Interactions: Uriah Makomin Makomin Kaia Polaris. Polaris.
Quest: Protect the Boss

"Well I'm not wasting mine either. Is his name really Lord Jelly?" Rob chuckled as he slowed to a stroll alongside Kaia as a giant lion bounded past them. It was Uriah of course, chasing after Jasmine in his full maned glory. "Looks like this quest won't be so easy. She'll probably try to escape for the whole nine hours." He couldn't tell if that was a good thing or not. On one hand it might get tiring. On the other hand at least they wouldn't be bored. Suddenly a thought struck him, making him stop in his tracks.

"I'll get his clothes." He doubled back in the direction Uriah had come from, picking up the shreds of his clothes that had stuck together. He breathed a small sigh of relief that no one else had decided to bother with his clothes, seeing as they held several stolen items that the Duke Allabrim might not be pleased about. Gathering up the jewels he stuffed them in his backpack, wrapped in the rags to make sure they were concealed. With that, Rob made his way back to where Uriah seemed to have convinced her to stop

"All ready to go?" He asked cheerfully, ignoring the glare from Jasmine. "I think I saw the carriage out front. Why don't you two go ahead while Uriah changes?" Once the two girls were out of earshot, Rob turned to Uriah. "Dude, you still had jewels in your pocket. If Duke Armourbear found this we'd be dead." But since he was Rob, he could only be serious for so long and the frown on his face turned into a sly grin. "So that means all of them are mine now. I am soo wining this bet."

Jasmine seemed to be sulking in the carriage when they got there and Kaia was standing with the bald bodyguard from earlier. "Cool, is this guy following us?"

akina kanashimi

akina1.jpg
the thief// N/A // in progress[/bg]

Akina followed her instincts, and went left at the intersection. She had to find a couple loaves of bread, and at least one that had a pink flower on it, as Mr. Calbo had mentioned. She looked through the crowd, searching for someone who looked undeniably suspicious. When she had no luck, Akina started looking around for someone who she could ask a question to. Seeing a girl wandering aimlessly at the centre of the marketplace, Akina approached the young woman.

"Hey! Uh, did you see the man who ran down the street," Akina asked. The girl looked at Akina with peculiarity in her eyes, and replied, "I saw a large group of men and w-women. They were running through, and a bunch o-of people were chasing them! I was so shocked, I returned back to my house. N-Now, if you will, I must go." The girl rushed off, a basket in hand. Akina thought to herself, weren't those the people chasing the thief? Akina remembered what she said, and hurried off, looking for more people to ask.

She looked around, and continued down the street, until she reached the interesection of Melrose and Kyani. She saw a couple, who looked to be in their thirties. She rushed over to them.

"Excuse me, and sorry to waste your time," Akina greeted. "Have you seen a man here who ran through, probably carrying a backpack or a satchel or something?" The man replied, "Pardon? I believe I heard you wrong. I did see someone run through here, but it was a woman, not a man."

Akina was confused. "Sorry? I'm pretty sure it was a man," Akina said. The man shook his head. "No, no, it was a woman! I remember, she had a large pair of b-." His wife gasped, and pulled him by the ear back into the house, all while saying "Sorry for him, he's just crazy, darling," to Akina, and shut the door behind herself.

Akina decided to forget the creepy man, and recounted the people she had asked so far. Who had been most suspicious? Akina counted all the people she had asked. The woman at the stand, it couldn't have been her, because she was at the stand when the thief was running away... That girl, no, she was too young... And then... Akina sighed, and started running towards the marketplace. She knew who the thief could have been.
coded by dwale

Last edited:
akina kanashimi

akina1.jpg
the thief // N/A // completed[/bg]

Akina, again, approached the young woman mindlessly wandering around the marketplace, constantly checking over her shoulder. Akina kept quiet, and stayed quiet until suddenly, she ripped the handbag off of the girl. She yelped, and whipped her head around. The girl jumped at Akina, and ran at her. Akina dashed backwards, almost falling over, and touched the ground. Each tile within a 2-metre radius glowed, and transformed into a block of ice. The girl slipped, causing her to fall backwards. Akina threw the loose strands of her hair out of her face, and tossed out the bag's contents.

3 loaves of bread fell out of the bag and onto the ground, one of which included the one Mr. Calbo had previously mentioned: The piece of bread with the flower on top. Akina sighed a breath of relief as the crowd around cheered, which included Mr. Calbo. Akina handed the loaves of bread back to Mr. Calbo, who in return, gave Akina 20g. Akina smiled, and the city guards took the rebellious girl away from the marketplace. The ground started to glow again, and then the tiles returned back to it's previous cobblestone state.

After all the trouble had been cleared up, Akina continued her stroll back to Requiem Academy. On her way, she decided to go visit the Requiem Docks, once where her family's private yacht would have resided. It would be gone now, probably in a pile of trash, as her family had to sell basically everything. She reached the docks, and surveyed the sight. It was definitely recognizable: The workers, either holding up large beams of metal or lounging around; the glimmering water as it reflected the sun, high in the sky; and the large warehouse next to the docks.
coded by dwale

Kaia Eden Nightingale
”What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for college? Bison! Ha-ha!”

☼​
Protect The Boss || Requiem City || Uriah & Robbie || In Progress

Uriah had this under control, he always had even with the goofy grin on his face, Kaia trusted no one more than her Pandora president. His majestic form always caught her attention. It was a sight to behold every time. “I swear they called him Lord Jelly.” Kaia titled her head. “But whatever, the harder part is to keep the girl under control. I swear, she’s like a toddler on caffeine. We take our eyes off for a second and she disappears,” Kaia sighed just as Robbie recalled Uriah was going to be absolutely naked if he transformed back. “Good idea, I’ll just be right here!” she shouted after him.

With that, Rob made his way back to where Uriah seemed to have convinced her to stop running away but Jasmine eyes were brimming with tears. “What would you know! You are not in my shoes, you’re getting paid to ruin a girl’s life!” Kaia flinched at the sudden anger directed towards Uriah who was speaking the most logically out of the three. Kaia had never had good comforting skills like her friend. The female was a good hugger but that was about it. Once she reached Jasmine, the brunette linked arms with her as if they were best friends since young.

“Listen to Uriah, he knows best. Maybe you can wait for him to die and marry your lover afterwards,” Kaia smiled but Jasmine only glared at her in return. Her words of comfort never turns out well so Kaia decided to shut her trap and literally drag Jasmine towards the carriage as Uriah and Robbie stayed behind to change. She was then approached by the bald bodyguard who handed her the fragile glass crystal ring.

“This is the Duke’s heirloom. Give ‘em to Lord Jafar when you reach his place. Whatever happens, guard this with your life like you guard Princess Jasmine.”

Kaia took the ring within her palm and nodded, “Sure, leave it to me.” Just as Uriah and Rob joined them, Kaia nodded at his question. “Think so. He’s kinda broody so it looks like a pain in the butt,” she whispered to the both of them just as Jasmine climbed into the carriage with the bald bodyguard. It seemed like the three of them were going to have to travel by foot. Half way through the journey, her legs were getting sore and she was getting hungry from all the exercise. “If we don’t stop by a restaurant soon, I’m going to die of hunger,” Kaia announced and knocked on the window.

“It’s getting late. The sun is setting, we should stop by a restaurant for dinner,” Kaia suggested and Jasmine’s eyes seemed to light up at the idea.

“Let’s do that. We’ll stop by at the next restaurant.”

She should have known something was up but Kaia was too hungry to think. They stopped at the Italian restaurant and while they all settled down to look at the menu, ordering food. “What are you guys getting?” she asked her friends. “I think I’ll stick with the usual spaghetti and meatballs.”

Just then Jasmine stood up, grasping her stomach wincing in pain. “I’m going to use the restroom. Just stay here and wait for me.”

Skryx Skryx Makomin Makomin

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
Monster Raid || Requiem City || Ajax & Axel || In Progress
Ajax bent his knees, pulling them closer to him as he laid his arms on top while waiting for Axel to finish winking at the tenebrae or whatever the fuck he was doing. The male sniggered when the cobwebs found itself wrapped nicely around Axel’s body. ”Wow, kinky, she’s already binding you,” he snorted derisively before getting up knowing the blonde was almost done screwing around. Ajax was terribly close to ditching Axel and heading off to the kitchen third floor on his own. But a magnetic pull made him stay and watch, just in case. Leaning against the railing now, Ajax tapped on his arm absentmindedly debating if he should just make a run for it. However, his attention was captured by the sound of a shrilling shriek as the spider looked as if she was boiled to death. Leave it to Axel to drag out a fight just to feel the thrill of torture while Ajax found it completely distasteful.

”I was waiting for you to finish wooing the spider. We would have finished this by now if you didn’t find hairy creatures attractive,” Ajax retorted just as he followed Axel up the stairs. Part of himself was wishing that the third floor had tenebrae and he could ditch the Elite Ten while he made his way to the kitchen. At least the beasts will keep the blonde busy but his prayers were unanswered when the pitch black darkness was the only thing looming over them. The deafening silence replaced the previous floor hisses and anyone with a brain knew that there were no tenebrae on the third floor but Ajax was hungry and that was all that mattered. He watched Axel take a first step to reach the fourth floor and he hoped the male didn’t notice that Ajax was glued to his spot.

Dammit. The moment his head turned around in confusion, Ajax knew he had to make something up on the spot. “I know, idiot. And it’s Crawford. But I heard something. The sound is coming from over there,” he pointed randomly in the area where he was heading to next. Ajax then approached the blonde with determination in his eyes. He pressed a palm against Axel’s lips to keep him from correcting Ajax. “Shhh, I’m going to go check it out. It could be a tenebrae. Just stay here, I’ll be back.” Anyone who knew the platinum blonde would be highly suspicious especially with his lazy reputation running rampant throughout Syndicate. He would never put in extra work unless there was something in it for him. Ajax followed the scent, lo and behold, he reached the kitchen where crumpets were being baked just before the tenebrae decided to attack the mansion.

The glorious looking griddle cakes were definitely the best part of this quest so far. Deciding that Axel can wait some more, Ajax grabbed a tray of of freshly made crumpets before squatting down and huddling in a corner. He hadn’t had food all morning and the male was basically tearing through the food, chewing a little before swallowing and coughing when it a good amount got stuck in his throat. His brimming smile whenever he ate free food was probably the only time Ajax seemed more in touch with his humane side. However, just as he was about to eat the last of the thirteenth crumpets, the door swung open and Ajax turned around with a slight widening of his hues. The Syndicate president got up nonchalantly as if Axel didn’t just find him hunching over in a corner eating food for the past eight minutes.

“There was a leftover spider here,” he shrugged, still holding the last crumpet tightly in his hand. There was no shame radiating from the male yet he couldn’t help but redden lightly at the fact that he got caught. “Let’s go kill the rest of your relatives then,” Ajax walked out of the kitchen and up to the fourth floor. The fourth floor was no different from the previous ones but there had to be a million doors, which meant the fat old man could be in any of these rooms. There weren’t any indications which room screamed “Crawford” so Ajax used his anima to open all the ones within sight. The fourth floor proved to be the most irritating with a giant goat with oversize horns came dashing out right at them. It was at least ten feet tall with hooves that shook the ground every time it slammed its feet against the floor. Beside it slowly came out an enormous beetle with jaws and pincers so large that it could snap off someone’s head with ease. The beetle was equipped with wings and with no warning, started shooting water from its mouth.

“It’s a fucking elemental tenebrae,” Ajax barely managed to deflect it. “You can have the beetle,” he ran towards the goat that somehow was a fire bender as well. Ajax used his anima to increasing the magnitude and direction of goat’s horn and sure enough, it ripped out of heads and into his hand resulting in a bleating with hopeless rage. Ajax was almost pierced with the other horn when he got too close but dodged out of the way just in time. With the sharp horn as his only weapon, he tore out the other horn as well. The horns served as daggers as he reflected the spiraling flame attack right at its owner whose face was suddenly on fire. However, that didn’t stop the goat from releasing a jet of fire from its mouth only for Ajax to reverse the direction of the energy. Meanwhile the goat was burning alive, the Syndicate president had other plans. Ajax always preferred to finish his enemies off with a beheading: a quick, easy, yet painless way to end a foe. The two horns lifted from his palms and dug against the neck of the goat before it carved its way into muscles, veins, and arteries as the goat slammed its hooves onto the floor creating mini earthquakes from the agony. The earthquake finally ceased as the head rolled off along with the body slumping onto the ground. By the time he was done with the tenebrae, Ajax was covered with spattered charcoaled blood from head to toe. He wiped away the stains away from his eyes with his sleeves. This time, Axel had managed to finish in a timely manner but unfortunately for them both, Crassus was nowhere to be seen.

Even with all the doors opened, Ajax slammed his fist against the wall realizing that the person they came to grab is nowhere on the fourth floor. “This is a waste of time. The tenebrae probably ate him alive. Let’s just leave and collect our rewards.”

s e v e n s e v e n

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
Rat Infestion || Requiem City || Ajax & Akina || In Progress

Ajax had plans to go fishing for the day mainly so he could catch food for cheap and ask Machalai to get creative with fish dishes. He wasn’t sure if his friend knew how to make anything other than sandwiches but it was worth a try. If not, Ajax was confident Curtis could whip up something edible. He roamed through the fishing stores, buying a fishing rod and baits as he haggled down prices until it was affordable. The male was known to be extremely frugal when it came to spending his own money because let’s be real, he has none. He had taken up quests in his spare time when he wasn’t napping and it was the only way to pay for housing even if he didn’t reside there as much as he used to his first year.

Ajax paid for his items, walking out of the store and reaching closer to Requiem Docks. There was something about the sea breeze and the calming sound of clashing waves that placed the male in a notably lighter mood. He enjoyed spending time alone, finding comfort when he was doing things at his own pace or being around his close friends which had been reduced to only four over the past few years. But Ajax didn’t care for befriending others, he just wanted to do his own thing.

He walked leisurely down the road but just as he was about to rent a small boat for a day out, the male heard a commotion in front one of the storehouses. Usually the Syndicate president would walk away but something else caught his attention. It was the rewards they were giving out which included more money to help him pay for expenses. It was one of the few times he actually wanted to help them out but mostly for his own benefit once he noticed a pile of fishes stacked on top of ice.

“What’s the problem?” Ajax asked already knowing a partial of the story.

“We have rats infesting all of our stocks! We can put our goods inside and we need someone to get rid of all of them! I don’t care what’s done to any of them! I just need them gone by today.”

Ajax raised an eyebrow before shrugging, “Sure, I’ll do it. And I want all of those fishes on the ice as well since you’re interrupting my fishing trip.”

The storehouse owner took Ajax’s hands into his. “Bless you young soul! Please help me and I’ll give you 20 G as well as the fishes.”

“Hn, who’s the person over there?” Ajax pointed to an incredibly tall woman with bright pink hair tied up in buns who was standing in front of the store house.

“I’m not sure, she’s been here for a while. I’m not sure if she wanted to help but the more help the better!”

Ajax slowly made his way over to the pink hair stranger before calling for her attention with a tap on her shoulder. “Hey. You’re in my way. Are you going to kill the rats or move?”

M Y S T I M Y S T I

akina kanashimi

"Your face is one only a mother can love...
AKINA.PNG
and one I'll never forget."
rat infestation // Ajax and Akina // in progress[/bg]

Akina enjoyed the swift, ocean breeze that naturally occurred by the docks. It was nostalgic, and Akina embraced the refreshing air with non-literal open arms. Her staring at the ocean stole her thoughts away from her and Akina zoned out, staring at the beautiful blue sea.

As she re-collected her thoughts, she decided she was finally going to go back to the Academy after such a long morning, going all the way from Tref to tracking down a mischievous thief. As she finally decided to take a step and finally continue on her long journey back to the Academy, she felt a cold hard tap on her shoulder. She spun around, and faced a figure who actually almost reached her immense height... without heels. Or wedges. Or anything that adds an additional height boost.

Akina studied the person, until she recognized who it was. It was Ajax, the president of Syndicate, who owned the role she was striving for. Akina held herself from saying something rude to Ajax, instead, said, "Oh, it's you. Who am I? Shame you don't recognize your own Syndicate member..." Akina blinked, and sighed. She rolled her eyes as well, combining a couple of her usual actions all into a measly 2-second time frame. She decided she would introduce herself, and hopefully get more on Ajax's good side.

"I'm Akina," she greeted. "Nice to meet you. Now, you were saying something about the rodents? Personally, I'd rather not touch them, but I guess I could help. So, we're just getting rid of them?" she asked. Akina sighed loudly, a recurring trait of hers. After Ajax's reply, she turned away to face the warehouse. It's a shame that the rats infested it. Hopefully they haven't destroyed too many of the supplies inside there..."

As she reached the initial entrance of the warehouse, she greeted the man standing in front. "Hi, you're the warehouse owner? Well, is it okay if me and my friend over here have the keys for a bit, as we clean out the Tenebrae rats," she asked.

"Of course, of course! Just be sure to return the key back to me when you're done! Oh, and I'll pay each of you with 20g and some fish, like I told him," he replied while pointing at Ajax. He reached far into a drawer of one of the nearby shelves, and pulled out a small rusted iron key. "Okay, go ahead, and again, thank you both so very much for helping me! God bless."

Akina laughed nervously at the old man's adorable nature, but suddenly, the man started ushering the two towards the entrance of the warehouse, and handed the key to Akina. She took a deep breath, and readied herself for some intense fighting. As the man returned to his spot, counting his papers, Akina quickly grabbed a medium-sized rock from the ground. It glowed, and morphed itself into a dagger, which Akina was skilled in using. Akina was ready for a huge fight, as she knew Tenebrae were demonic creatures who would stop at nothing to get rid of magisters. She, again, took a deep breath, and looked at Ajax. "You ready?" Akina asked. She didn't wait for an answer, and put the key into the lock.

Polaris. Polaris.
coded by dwale

Q u e s t
S t a r a p p l e O r c h a r d s

Orion Walker
tumblr_nl67tjfb2p1tct2eio1_500-1-jpg.310141

Team: @_707_

In Progress

Honestly, Orion felt horrible about breaking the ladder. To make matters worse, now he was forcing the other (who he thought was really nice already with coming with him on the quest) to do more work since they didn't have a ladder to work with. But the trees weren't too tall, maybe Orion could climb a few of them? He was pretty nimble and slim, so climbing up between branches wasn't too hard for him. When he still lived in a countryside, he used to go to orchards and just sit in trees, when there was no school of course, since he'd never skip school, much less even one class. But, this orchard kind of reminded him of the ones back home, which was a good thing since the orchards had been one of the few good things about the last place he had lived at. That and how peaceful it had been, outside the house at least. As expected, not a lot of people lived in the countryside, which was actually kinda nice. No busy streets, no loud noises going off every few seconds, just peace and quiet.
And this whole quest should've been filled with peace and quiet as well, until the wolves appeared.
As soon as he heard the growling, the short boy quickly turned, seeing the wolves appear from the bushes, causing him to instantly take a step back. His mind body instantly went into 'fight, flight, or freeze' mode, adrenaline starting to fill his veins like a drug as his mind did a quick sweep of the situation.
Okay, okay, Louis had said to take the ones on the left. There were in a fruit forest, so likely no dead carcasses around for him to reanimate and use somehow. The cabin was too far away to run to and find a weapon in, plus with how much stuff was in there, he likely wouldn't find anything anyways. No graveyard or anything like that nearby for him to draw power from, but maybe there was something else? It was a fruit orchard, so while there might not be any newly dead animals...
As the wolves growled and started stalking towards him, the boy tuned his senses out for a minute, letting his mind do another sweep over the area, searching for any ruminates of some past dead animal.
A tingle of energy came from next to some bush a good couple of yards off, and suddenly his mind blanked for a moment as a memory filled his mind. However, it wasn't his own memory; it was one of the dead's.

A wolf, trudging through snow. Ribs showing, fur wearing thing, legs shaking as it barely manages to stand. It's cold and windy out, the wolf hasn't eaten since the run has risen and fallen seven times. Heart slowing down, not able to produce adrenaline, skin starting to crack in some places due to the cold. No other wolves nearby, now would be the best time to lay down and die.
Another gust of wind, the wolf sits down next to a bush stripped of its leaves, and lays it heads down. Within hours, the heart has stopped, the blood run still, and another soul lost to the world.

I̵͖͕̻̱͉̙͑͌̒͛̂̋̈́͝ ̵̲̠̪̠̞̫̝͕͔̳͐̋́̃̾̓́͘ḳ̵̲̮̻̞̂̆͐̔n̷̨̛͍̟͚̼̲̱̉̿̍̐͐͂̆͒̿͋͝o̸̜͈̤̤̽̚ͅw̴̙̝͈̎̾̒͒͋̅͛͊̇̄̑̽ͅ ̸͇̱͗̑́̎̌̇̂̾͆̀͘͠y̸̩͖̞̝͕̭͉̻̝͂̐͋̉̈̃o̸̤͐͑͐̋̅͠u̴̮̟͚̞͉̗͔̻͍̇̏̈̈́̔̌̈̚͝ͅ ̵̡̫͈̰̲͕͍͈͊́͗̇͑͗̅́͑̓͂ä̵͔̟̥̿̓͆̅͝ŗ̵̧͖̖̯̜̘̙̗͋̈́͊̎̇̓͊̏̏͠ȅ̵̢̜̼̰̬͔̹͍͛ ̸̛̮̲̻̠̲̤͔̺̀̌̆̉̀͗̆̍̎̀̎r̷̠̻̠͖̦̠͙͚̩̬̆̃̏̂̀̎̈̐̎͝e̶͇̅̉͐̾́s̶͈̯͓̩̘̽͋̆͛̾̃̓̓̚t̷̯͚̫̬͉͍̑i̷̛̤̱͚̜̫̬̭̓̈́͆̌͗͝n̶̬͒̐̑̈́̍̕g̷̢͎͍͕̳̽,̸̮̦̜̦̙̱̭̠̊͐́͋̆̀̋͘ ̵̣͎͙̯̱̟̦̆̌̓̏̈́ͅb̴̦̮͖̥̈̊̏ư̵̧̦̪̹͕̪͎͙̗̔̿́̆̍͆̇̄̅̿͠t̴̪́͆̾ ̷͚̻̐̿̚I̸̱̜̻̘͗̇́͋̈̇͜͝ͅ ̸̢͚͖̯̳̱͚̰̻̮̲͕͑̓̅̆̒͊͐͂͘͠ṉ̸̡̉ê̶̢̟̤̩̤ë̴̛̮̮̯̜́̓̀̉̈́̈́͝d̴̥̯̝͇͖̯̞̂́̉͂͑̂̊͊͋̍̇ ̸̣͍͓̐͝ỳ̵̢͎̜̞̄̒̈́̀̇̆͛̕ô̸͙͈̦̦̇̿͋̒̑͛͑ų̵̞̹̳͚͕̟͖̬̜̜͑͗̉̿̍ͅr̸̙̺͙̦̳̲̜̮͈̪̀ ̶̬̩̇̾̃̏͐ȟ̷̗͎͙̻̩͉̆̃͗͛͗̇͂͝e̸̱̙̦̺̰͍͐̋͒͌l̸̜̝̖̟̬̪̯͉̺̮͓̰̾̈̽̔͗̊̀̓͗̚͝p̴̧̛̰̠̗̰̝̗͎̖̈́͗̓̓̏̐͒͂͠.̶̢̯̲͈͕̓͗̆̎̆̋͘͜.̸̛̼͈͖̯͇̱̉͌̌͑̚̕͜.̵̜̭̳̘̩̆̽̈͐̔͊̓̎̈́̌̅̚p̶̡̗̲̯̺̝̗̂̈̂͛̏̔̏̊͝͠͝ͅͅl̸̬̼̀͒̄͛͒̄̓͠e̶͕͈̣̬̭͆̆a̴̡̖͙̼̣̠͎͚͑̈́́̾͆̀͑̾͐͠ș̵̨͇̺͉̮̟̥͚̒̐́̑̌͌͋̑ȇ̶͖̜̰̝̒͒̊̓͊͒̐͂͝.̴̝̰̖̜͉̩̓̉͝.̸̠͇̬͆͗̍̄̌̏͘.̸̨̭̼̱̳̫̥͕͈̤̠͐̑̂͋?̴̧̫͎͎͕̜̣͇͓͉͙̱͆͆͌̈́̃

The next thing he knew, another howl filled the air as a light blue figure suddenly darted past the wolves in front of him, causing the others wolves ears to perk up and suddenly howl in return, seeming almost...hopeful. As the spirit ran further away, the other wolves suddenly chased after it, howling loudly as they followed it, now acting more like common dogs than wild beasts.
As they got further and further away, the boy let out a small cough, now looking somewhat pale as he rubbed the back of his neck. Hopefully the other managed to get rid of the other wolves, since he seriously doubted he could do that again...

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
Rat Infestion || Requiem City || Ajax & Akina || In Progress

The sigh that came out of her mouth threw him off a little bit but it wasn’t a surprise that he was being sighed too. Curtis had done it all the time when he asked for a favor and it wasn’t a huge deal. When she introduced himself, Ajax furrowed his brows recalling an Akina but couldn’t really remember why. Was she a Syndicate member? “Yeah I am, I’m not really sure what you’re doing here but if you want to help, be my guest.” He couldn’t place a finger on why she was sighing so much but it either her had to do with him or the rats infesting the place. Ajax shrugged, not caring how many rats or how long they’ve been there, all he wanted to do was go in, kill, and get his fish. That was the end goal and she was making it slower by standing in his way and sighing every few seconds.

They however managed to speed it up a little with Akina asking for the keys and the owner nodding furiously. “Wait, you’re giving her my fish? No, she can get her own fish. That ice box over there is mine,” Ajax said while the store owner looked baffled at the sudden declaration from the platinum blonde, he eventually acquiesced to his request.

“Right…I have more fish in stock,” the warehouse owner smiled at the girl. When Akina took the key, Ajax thought about how the number of rats inside. He was assuming maybe ten at most and ready his pair of tonfa just as she picked up a rock from the ground and turned it into a dagger.

Interesting. Was it an illusion type of magic? However, he didn’t have time to sit and ponder about her anima as she opened the door. Pitch black was all they could see before the automatic lights flickered on sensing presence of humans in the room. Soon they were both greeted with dozens of eyes staring right back at them. Hissing in anger about being interrupted, the warehouse had rats running across the wooden bars on the ceiling, all over the floor, and storage racks with flour, food, and possibly contaminated food by now. He winced inwardly at the minute noises made by the scattering of the small animals before they rushed to attack. The door behind them was slammed shut to keep the tenebrae from escaping outside.

He took a breath of air, a usual habit Ajax does to relax his muscles before the start of a fight. Indifferent features was a complete contrast to the mixed disgust he felt inside when facing the rodents. His defense was almost impeccable at this stage for the rats couldn’t get close to him without being deflected backwards against the wall. His tonfa flew against the air, crushing the rodents body until its spine snapped in half, crushing the rest of the bones along with it. Charcoal stained blood dripped down the wall but no matter how many times Ajax killed a rat, more would come flying at him. They had the advantage in sheer numbers and how scattered they were across the room. There is no end to the maddening massacre.

He turned Akina, crushing the small tenebrae rodent with his feet as he approached her. “We need a new plan. This will take forever. Let’s gather them in one place and kill them all at once.”

M Y S T I M Y S T I

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 1
MONSTER RAID

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

The only thing I hear is your lack of common sense, Axel was about to say, before the president has beaten him and shuts him up. Axel gave him a frown. Going after a tenebrae because he so-called-heard something when the path towards quest completion, rewards and a reunion with his bed, were clear. Even if it seemed to good to be true, he doubted that a tenebrae would be that smart to provide such an elaborate trap to capture any magisters approaching to rescue. As much as it was hard to believe, it was harder to believe that the platinum blonde president bothered to go around it. The Ajax he knows would storm head on, because the sooner they get home the better. The Ajax he used to know, at least.

The blonde waved his thought off as soon as possible and decided to take a seat on the staircase. “Keeping the fun to yourself, eh? Go right ahead, I don’t mind,” he said as he pulled out his dagger, starting to carve on the wood of the floorings. There was literally nothing stopping him from going after Ajax, but he had a feeling he wanted to let the guy go for a second. Perhaps something interesting may come out of this. Nonetheless, after what may seem like a ten minutes wait, Axel decided he had enough of it. If there was something Axel hated most in the world, it was boredom. The blonde was starting to have a bad feeling tugging his nerves, the fact that either Ajax had long left him or the fact that the other male might be passed out…sleeping. Pocketing his knife, he stood and made his way towards the direction which the Syndicate was heading. As walked further was just the moment he finally realized what the platinum blonde male had meant. And he knew exactly where he is. Reaching a double door that can only lead to one place, Axel pushed it open and chuckled. The wait has been proven to be worth it after all.

I don’t know about spiders, Jay, but all I see is a thieving, filthy, rat curling up in the corner, stealing food in the middle of a quest where someone’s life is clearly at stake.” He smiled, leaning against the door frame. “And people say I’m heartless,” he muttered. Axel knew better than anyone that he didn’t care about the life at stake, nor did he care about the money to be honest. All he went for was the sole sake of amusement, and he must say he got what he came for. Axel did not comment on Ajax’s next statement, however. A part of him wanted to say that he already quite literally killed two of his relatives, but then decided it’s probably not the best of ideas. All Axel did was send a snicker at the male before he turned and left for the fourth floor. As he stepped towards the final floor of the manor, the blonde suddenly felt a sudden extreme urge to laugh.

As similar as it was with the three previous floors, these broke into nothing but one long hallway, dimly lit with flickering light bulbs, holding on to their last strand of survival as they awaited for their inevitable fate. Perhaps so much like Crassus himself right now. But the funniest thing about this hall was that the fact that there might be millions of doors, and he could have sworn Ajax’s irritation has been transpiring towards the environment for him to feel it. And apparently, for the tenabrae as well. The moment the president slammed open the first few doors all at the same time (which Axel made a low whistle to as one of the doors nearly flew off its hinges), the ground rumbled once more, signaling the presence of yet more tenabrae. Soon approached the oddest of pairs, a minotaur that needs diet and a beetle that escaped Victor Frankenstein’s lab. The moment Ajax leapt to charge on the goat, Axel was left with the oversized-beetle. A part of him wanted to prolong the fight by some more, get Ajax even more pissed (if that’s even possible). Nevertheless, in the end he decided that he had enough and perhaps there are still millions of doors need opening anyway. Deciding that it was enough of his games, as he dodged the water based attacks of the beetle, nearly missing one as he suddenly almost lost his footing, Axel directed his anima towards the beetle, deciding that a drastic infrasonic was enough to kill it, like how it did towards the hounds. Perhaps this time he would do it quickly, without holding the impact lingering as he did before. And perhaps this time he would also give Ajax a break. In just less than a minute, the beetle was left lifeless upon the ground, its internal organs ruptured from the frequency. Slapping his hands together when he was done, he felt something rolled next to his leg. A head.

You like things gruesome, I see, you horrible human being,” Axel smirked at Ajax before they advanced upon their journey of opening more doors. Eventually, after a trip towards the end of the hall (which involves Ajax doing the whole job and Axel just trailing behind), they were left with the dawning truth that it’s perhaps too late. They stopped just after the last door was opened, looking around at the hall they walked through with all the doors either laying ajar, or flying across the area as though a hurricane just decided to pass and say hi. Axel leaned against the wall, watching the other falling into exhaustion. He would be lying to say if he himself wasn’t exhausted as well.

Collect our rewards? Without finishing the quest? Talk about morals,” Axel teased, before he start to nonchalantly pick at his nails, crusted in blood from the previous tenabrae. “You do know that if we don’t do exactly what the requester say, the green tick would not appear next to the quest bar and all our efforts up to now would be useless? Come on.” He said and began stalking off, before Ajax could comment or ask whatever he meant by his previous statement. In all honesty, Axel had no idea where to begin looking, but in all honesty, if it was he himself, he would be satisfied enough to go home at this point. He didn’t care about Crassus, he didn’t care about money. But something told him that he must go on.

Just as they began to descend the stairs, maybe giving the third floor another look in places that isn’t the kitchen, a shriek erupted through the still air. It was shrill and full of terror, the type that would bring shivers up the spines of any normal human being. Even Axel suddenly felt the air drop a few degrees and the moonlight shrouded my something dark, even darker than before. Instantly he halted in place, his eyes scanning the scene before he realized something. “Pretty sure Mr. Crassus is a male,” Axel commented, furrowing his eyebrows before suddenly dashing down the staircase. Taking three steps at a time, after a while he found himself in the bottom floor again, simply metres away from the doors he came through earlier that day. The blonde waited for a while as the room regained its composure before-

The shriek came again, higher and eerier than ever. Axel sucked in a breath, pressing his hands upon over his ears as he began looking around. There was a door, just below the staircase, obscured by the shadows of the dead, waiting to be opened. This one, this one for sure. As the screaming died down once more, Axel used the chance to throw the door open, luckily unlocked. A dark descending staircase were barely visible. Axel looked back, using his anima to focus the moonlight upon the pitch-black entry way, raising its amplitude to brighten the light. It was a basement, it seemed, with a nearly crumbling staircase and dark stains trailing downwards. Blood. Human blood. “There’s a dark hole with women screaming in pain, I don’t see why we shouldn’t enter,” Axel muttered sarcastically, but a smile remained on his face. He had assumptions, but he wouldn’t believe it until he sees it. But all he knows, perhaps this last trip is what would make everything worth it. Holding on to the banister, the blonde descended the stairs towards their last floor, approaching their final boss fight. With the moonlight still illuminating the way, Axel rubbed around for a light switch. But perhaps he didn’t need to.

Three figures levitated around one, hair like white flames floated in an unrealistic manner, swooping left and right against all laws of gravity. Their pale dress gave off a pale glow, shrouding the darkness in veils of light. The face upon it, however, contained no touch of light; only despair. Eyes as black as coal, gaze as cold as ice, three women faced back towards them, their faces content yet shows no peace. It was a beautiful sight, like the sight of a snake ready to strike its prey. Dangerous, yet beautiful. In the middle of them was the man they were looking for, sat limp on a chair and entangled in chains. Gathering so much banshees in one room, what did this man ever do in his life? Axel wasn’t even sure he was still breathing but a sudden subtle nod of his head indicated that he is, still alive. Barely. They held eye contact for a while, neither them nor the women making any sudden moves and for once it fell into a silence as still as death. Even Axel didn’t place off any smart nor sarcastic remark, which is odd. But then, with a swift move, their beautiful faces folded into the ugliest of grimace before it had once more began shouting.

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 1
STARAPPLE ORCHARDS

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: Orion Walker Smol Birb Smol Birb

The moment Louis turned to look over his shoulder, he was brought by the overwhelming sense of relief that Orion himself managed to take care of his own pack of wolves as they dashed away into the forest all terrified and whining. “Yeah, suck on that wolves!” Louis laughed, though he could’ve sworn that was one too many wolves than he initially counted…oh well. The boy turned towards Orion. He must say that he had been underestimating the kid by many and surprisingly enough it seemed like the black-haired male had taken the issue way better than he did. “That was cool though, what did you do?” Louis asked, before he felt his stomach rumble. That was right, Louis hadn’t eaten any breakfast, having to come here so early. He figured he should get this done as quick as possible, before he got too tempted to devour one (or two…or three) of the old man’s apples. Giving Orion a sheepish smile, Louis turned towards the trees. Just a bit more and he would be done. Then he could go out for breakfast (or more like lunch, at this point) and perhaps inviting Orion as well. That would be nice, the other boy deserves food as much as he did after all.

Keeping his gaze locked upon the top of the tree, Louis estimated on how high he needed it to be, or more like how much strength he need to put on his anima. A little mistake would either make it too small, or too large that it would probably rain back towards him. “Stand back,” he warned, rubbing his hands together before he stomped upon the ground once more and this time, a staircase like structure sprouted from the ground, leading towards the top of the tree. He swept his barefoot to the right and the staircase followed suit, extending towards the other parts of the tree to give a better range. Once he was done, he took a step back and smiled at Orion, more than satisfied, even borderline smug at his work, if he must say. “There. You can finish up this tree while I finish up my own so get to work champ,” he patted Orion on the shoulder before he stalked off to his own tree and, once more, give the ground a harsh stomp. This time, it raised like it did just before, but it raised just underneath him, levitating him up to the level of the tree. It was his mini mountain again. And there he begins to pick upon the fruits again, never tempted more to eat an apple like he did before. And it was strange, because Louis didn’t really like apples.

One by one he shoved the fruits in the baskets, every once in a while tapping on the edge of his self-structured hill to shift to the right or left however he wants it to be. He seriously hopes the old man wouldn’t mind him destroying so much grass in the process. It probably took him a further fifteen minutes, though it certainly felt like an hour, before he plucked the last apples from the branches and placed them on top of his overloading basket. Of course it felt longer as he really couldn’t talk to anyone, and for as someone as talkative as himself, not talking feels like torture. If he spoke to Orion, he feared that he might just get the job longer, maybe even overworking the boy as he felt the need to respond with his notebook. That would probably take too much effort, both for Orion and for himself, as he didn’t feel like idly waiting for him to write up a reply. He would rather be eating pasta or something, thank you very much. Feeling accomplished with his own work, the German boy tapped his hill to descend, slowly rejoining the ground and became flat. Louis placed his basket of apples on the ground before making his way towards Orion and calling out. “Hey! How’re you doing out there? Need a hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back