• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ► Insignia: Quests ◄

no slide​
Quest #2: Starapple Orchards
Goddess, a flu again? A wave of deja vu crashed over Zander's head as he listened to the sniffly farmer explain the mission. His ponderously long speech boiled down to two simple objectives: (1) collect the apples in the basket, and (2) don't get eaten by wolves. Just like last time. Even the baskets were the same, Zander thought to himself as he was handed the wicker creation that he might have held on that day all those long years ago. And yet, if the old man recognized the group of kids, now all grown up, from years ago doing the same work for him all over again, he made no effort to show it. Instead he simply thanked them for their troubles, and sent them off into the fields as he blustered a sneeze into a clearly overused handkerchief.

Zander walked ahead along the earthen path into the orchard, beneath the trees, wherein fickle sunlight fell between the leaves and painted his face with funny-looking shadows. Looking over his shoulder at the other three as they caught up to him, them laughing about some memory of this or that, Zander was reminded of how much had changed in only half a decade, and also how much had stayed the same. Bobbi was still as sleepy as ever, Jasmine still her old mothering self... Jensen was still an idiot. The essence of themselves they had preserved despite the hardships they'd faced.

"You guys gonna reminisce all day or can we get to work already?"

Zander smiled, a half-smile, the way he'd used to smile way back when he was a little punk. He was still that little shit, too, only bigger. A shine of red caught his eye. In the nearby tree hung a big, beautiful looking apple, the kind that looked like it belonged in the movies it was so pristine. Zander reached up, plucked it, and hovered there with apple in hand as he debated. Making his choice, he rubbed the apple up and down a few times on his shirt to clean it then took a great big bite, the juices running down the corners of his mouth. Chomp.

"Mmm. 'S good."

Before any of them could tell him how he should be collecting apples not eating them, Zander took another large bite - he'd nearly eaten half the apple already - and tossed the remains to Jens. Think fast! He chuckled. It was always fun to mess with Jensen, even after so many years of doing it. Some things just never got old.

After that, the team got to work. They picked the orchard in sections. Like locusts, they moved from one tree to the next, picking it clean of the best, most succulent looking apples. Zander ate a few more, til he felt like he might get a stomach ache from all the apples he'd eaten. But then, he ate one more anyway.

"After this, you guys wanna stop some place along the way for food?"

Φ Φ Φ Φ
[FONT=Russo [/FONT]

Last edited:

A J A X
”Seeing people change isn’t what hurts the most. It’s remember who they used to be.”

[FONT=‘karla’]
✘​
[/FONT]
[font=‘karla’]
The Thief || The Market || Kaye & Ajax || In Progress

Incessant tapping against his knee with the tonfa, Ajax released another yawn, tears building up at the crevices of his orbs as he waited for Kaye to summon her animal. He finally got up from his comfortable seating once the beast took its full form and signaled the dog to come over. “Come here, Curtis,” the dog wagged his tail excitedly at the new nickname given to him. A smug smirk finally found its way to the apathetic male’s visage. “Heh,” Aj patted the dog who barked happily. “You’re more obedient than someone I know,” was his only comment before the chair flew back to its original location. Ajax ignored Kaye’s admonishment as he lifted his tonfa to use as a frisbee and threw it. He was more entertained watching the dog run after his weapon before catching it with its mouth. “Heh,” Ajax finally turned his attention back to Kaye who found out more clues.

“Did they now?” Ajax spun his weapon on tip of his index finger as if it was a basketball. “Let’s go find that son of a gun.” He could care less about the reason for stealing apples. The heavier crime was making him do extra work on his day off. Without announcing, Ajax began walking towards the alleyway as Curtis walked in between them, leading the way to the apple thief. However, they didn’t get far when Kaye’s reasoning halted them in the middle. She left the two of them hanging but when she returned, she said the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard.

“Aphrodisiac apples?” Ajax repeated humored by the whole thought. “Is that why you wanted to help him, Kaye? All you had to do was say so. Who’s the unlucky person that caught your undivided attention?” It’s no wonder why people were stealing those apples.

Now, he had to get some for Kai.

A little more interested than before, Ajax and Kaye followed Curtis who started running once he got closer to the scent. However the first one was a dud when the dog ran straight into a jewelry store and started snarling at a well-dressed noblewoman. The women shrieked in surprise, swinging her handbag at Curtis causing Ajax to smack the bag aside. “Relax, it’s just a dog,” he said defensively albeit, a wild dog.

The second time around was a male who also had a dog. As Curtis and the dog played friends, Ajax turned to Kaye, shaking his head.

“Fuck. This is a blind chase. Kaye, your Curtis needs a revamped. The original one had a better nose. He’s going to go through all the people who touched the basket.”

Sasil Sasil
[/font]

Last edited:

a670690922bd6f30666c57677569030d.gif
Zander
Munroe
x QUEST x

The Thief

x STATUS x

In progress

x LOCATION x

The Market, Requiem City

x TEAM x

Zander
& Jack ( normal normal )

Quest #1: The Thief
Night had fallen. The stakeout was in full effect. And so far they'd learned nothing. Impatient and cranky, Zander gnawed on a chicken wing, one he'd long since picked clean, as he sat up against the brick rise that trimmed the building's roof.

They'd been at it for hours, and he'd long since given up hope of discovering anything of value. He stayed for the most part because he didn't have the heart to tell Jack that they'd failed, even if it was only their first attempt.

After all, they could always try again... tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow, when the sun was shining, and things were less dark, and... sleepy.

Zander's eyes fluttered and his head bobbed forward, even as he clutched the chicken wing. The jolt from his chin hitting his chest roused him back to wakefulness, eyes wide with surprise.

He quickly regained his bearings and, so as to not doze off again, rolled himself to his feet, sidling over to join Jack on his watch, dropping the chicken bone in a pile with the others on his way.

"Any luck?" He asked, despite already knowing the answer as he squatted down beside the younger man to see what he saw.

Last edited:

Kaia Eden Nightingale
”What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for college? Bison! Ha-ha!”

☼​
Protect The Boss || Requiem City || Uriah & Robbie || In Progress

Her grin only grew wider before she snorted, rolling her eyes at his proclamation. “If we had a hair contest, you know I’d win,” Kaia crossed her arms. “Tomorrow night. Your place. Uriah is the judge and the chef. Is tomorrow spaghetti and meatballs night?” It was so dumb and silly arguing over who had the better hair but it what made them, them. “Hey Robbie,” Kaia began just as they entered the large mansion with the mop head male. “I dare-“ she stopped midway. This was the Duke of something after all. This was to be a serious mission, she couldn’t be daring Robbie to steal a sapphire or two so Kaia could pawn them off for food. “Nevermind,” she quickly added afterwards.

Today was a special day. The quest didn't seem to require too much physical demands and other than the dual daggers strapped on her thighs like usual, Kaia wore her every day dresses instead of opting for training clothes. Her black ballet flats kept her height an even 5’7, barely an inch taller than Uriah. She figured what could go wrong with guarding so the female adorned a ivory maxi dress with slits on both sides making it easier for her to glide across the floor with ease. She looked more ready for a social event than a quest but Kaia always put looks first before versatility.

“This way,” the guard told them, guiding the trio up the golden spiral staircase decorated with rubies and gems alike. Her eyes lingered but she pulled her attention away from the glistening jewels when they were at the top of the staircase.

“I’ll be outside. Jasmine will be pleased to meet your acquaintance.”

Kaia looked at her two friends and once the guard was out of earshot, she huddled in closer to them. “I don’t know about you guys but if I was a runaway, I’ll have to pitchfork ready to fight whoever is guarding me. Let’s hope too nothing crazy happens and if it does, I know I can count on you guys to protect the weak me,” she joked.

Turning around to face the door and on the count of three, Kaia took a deep breath before knocking slightly. She didn’t open the door until the soft defeated voice told them to come in. Damn...it must really sucks to be rich.

Skryx Skryx Makomin Makomin

Uriah Kershaw

7fbdc2b272cccedd848c5591d2f7e7e2.jpg

Interaction: Kaia Polaris. Polaris. and Rob Skryx Skryx
Quest: Protect the Boss

"First of all, no," the blonde said a bit softer so that only the three of them could hear what he was saying. "Both of your hairs are fair rival but mine however," Uriah continued before reaching his right hand up and patting his floof of a hair softly like a cat. "How can anyone get as naturally floofy as this? Some cream did help but really, all of us know that my hair is awesome." He said with his infamous Uriah Kershaw grin before looking up as the bald man made his way up the spiral staircase.

Even the staircase was made out of gold. He doubted the duke was a man to spare any expenses on flaunting his wealth. Although, he would admit that if it was aactually gold plated or painted with regular care, Uriah would be impress. The male then almost smirked mischievously before waiting for Rob to catch up with him, one more step up.

He then whispered in the other male's ear, "I dare you to steal one of those gems without getting caught." The blonde then waiting for the guard and Kaia to be further up than the two before he reached forward and used his index finger and thumb to gently lodge the already loose small sapphire stone free before casually pocketing it.

"Think of it as helping unloosen it." He said before making his way the top of the stairs. "Secondly, Rob's place is a guaranteed for the cook off. Remember the last time you step foot in the kitchen?" Uriah squinted at the female before recalling the episode where his unit's kitchen was almost turned charcoal because of her insistence to cook. He shivered slightly at the thought before a soft voice was heard from the other side of the room.

It was pleasant. Soft and sweet, just like what a noble was expected to sound like. "We're coming in then, Miss Jasmine." He felt albeit awkward adding formality but who knew how anyone, let alone everyone serving the duke, would think.

A J A X
”Seeing people change isn’t what hurts the most. It’s remember who they used to be.”

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
[font=‘karla’]
Monster Raid || Crassus’s Mansion || Axel & Ajax || In Progress

If he was not at the Syndicate National Library that should have been named after him, Ajax was probably hiding out at the actual school library where students were cramming for exams or reading books leisurely. He had slept through the afternoon comfortably cushioned by the black sleeping bag that covered him like a caterpillar. The platinum blonde male dug through the zipper and emerged like a butterfly out of its chrysalis. He stretched his hands upward, eyes half lidded from being half asleep. His messy hair stuck out from odd places along with a now wrinkled long sleeve black shirt and ripped denim jeans. Ajax shoved the sleeping bag aside, tucking it neatly away in the corner. This was his famous spot in the library where no one dares to venture in case they woke up the sleeping tiger with the exceptions of a few that could withstand his initial irritation.

Today was his day off and Ajax wasn’t going to spend all of it sleeping. He had other brilliant plans on hand. The male wanted to explore the fishing area of Requiem to decide which area was the best for stargazing at night. That was the itinerary of the evening. However, that goal was unfulfilled when Ajax took a wrong turn and arrived at a different location.

“Are you a magister, good sir? We-“ before the horrified looking male finished his words, Ajax cut him off by shaking his head firmly once.

“No thanks,” the male was adamant about finding a spot to look at the stars. It was rare that no one was bothering him on his day off so for goddess sake, leave him alone. Just as he was about to turn around and walk away from the mansion, the stranger grabbed him from the hem of his shirt.

“Are you a magister, good sir? We got an anonymous tip that Tenebrae will turn up in Mr. Crassus' mansion. I wantcha to kill those blasted beasts and make sure Mr. Crassus and his minions are unharmed!”

Talk about repetition.

“His death has nothing to do with me,” Ajax replied coldly, pulling his shirt away but the male latched onto his shirt like a life line.

“You must help me! Are you a magister? We-“

“That’s enough,” Ajax growled, swatting the male’s hand away. “Just. Stop. Talking. And I’ll help-”

At the sound of footsteps behind him, Ajax paused with lingering foreboding sensations. The tingling down his spine, the sudden goosebumps that crawled on his skin. He turned around to face the bane of his existence. “Fuck. Is it too late to back out?”

Seven Seven
[/font]

Last edited:
Robert Daze
Interactions: Uriah Makomin Makomin Kaia Polaris. Polaris.

"Please Uriah, your hair is more mangled that a wild dog's fur. Mine on the other hand, is as soft as feathers. And I would know. I'm an expert after all. We should get someone unbiased to judge," Rob shot a mock glare at Uriah as they started climbing the extravagant staircase. The whole mansion was an elaborate display of wealth. There's wasn't a speck of taste in the design, everything was made in such a way as to shove as much of the Duke Kalibar's wealth in the visitor's face as possible. Whilst he would rather stay in pandora's own house than this one, he would admit that all the glitter and shine caught his eye. Rob was a bit like a magpie in that regard. Whilst he wouldn't sell out his friends or risk too much for money, the sparkle of jewels and precious metals always caught his eye. He barely looked to Kaia when she started to speak, transfixed with the gold he was walking upon, only turning to look at her when she broke off her dare abruptly. Uriah picked up the slack for her, whispering a dare of his own in his ear.

Rob's grin only widened as Uriah completed his own dare, swiftly obtaining a small jewel. Leaning as once again they started up the stairs, he added his own condition quietly. "Let's see how many we can steal without Kaia or anyone else noticing." They reached the top of the stairs, the guard leaving them outside the room. The daughter of Duke Alibaba invited them in softly and Rob saw the perfect opportunity. Grasping the doorknob, he pulled the door open wide, making a mocking bow for Kaia to enter first. "I'll let you deal with the pitchforks then," he grinned at her while his hand slid discretely off the doorknob to pick at one of the stones inset into the smooth wood. Who put jewels on regular door? In two seconds, he held a small emerald in his palm and then it was in his pocket.

He followed the two of them in, shutting the door behind him and letting out a low whistle as he took in the luxurious room. The carpet they stood on was plush and thick, coloured a deep velvety maroon. Large floor to ceiling windows, partially masked by heavy curtains let in just enough of the bright morning sunlight to light the room well. Jasmine was standing by a sturdy desk, dressed finely and with thick dark locks that fell in smooth waves past her shoulders. He could stand there and describe her all day but really, all that needed to be said was that she was pretty and despite the sag of her shoulders, her bright eyes still held a spark of rebellion. "Hello Jasmine," he said airily, never one to stand on ceremony. "I'm Robert Daze - you can call me Rob- and these two are Uriah and Kaia, my lackeys and henchmen," he grinned.

Last edited:
Q u e s t
S t a r a p p l e O r c h a r d s

Orion Walker
tumblr_nl67tjfb2p1tct2eio1_500-1.jpg

Team: @_707_

In Progress

̸͚͈̔̾
ḧ̶̡̢̨̀̅o̶͉̲͂͆͘p̵̤̹̓͝e̵̼̅ ̵̜́͆͜t̴̖̣͕̾͌̾h̴̳͚͕̃͆͠ă̵̢͊t̴̠̱͇́̽́ ̷̜̞̂I̵̻͌͝ ̴̥̎͘͜͝d̷͓̂ọ̵̄́ͅ ̶̛̜̗͎̃̅w̷͓̦̅͌̐e̸̢͛̄l̶̬̂͘l̵̡̪̙̇ ̸͎͙̩̄̌̋f̸̥̭͂̎͘o̵̠̖̗̍͠r̸̥̺̹̾ ̵͉̗͊̏o̸͍̘̫͘n̵̝̦͐̋ċ̶͖̘̋͗è̶̤́̕.̶͖̀͗͠.̸̣͕̀̋̎.̶̙͊̓͝
Most people probably wouldn’t be excited to go and pick some apples. But for Orion, this was pretty much the epitome of excitement. The dark haired male never really got to go outside much, as you need friends in order to go somewhere, so this was pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. Plus, this was his first time apple picking, so there was also that to be excited about! Most people had gone apple picking by the time they were ten or so, but not Orion, his family would’ve rather picked liquor off the shelves than fruit from the branch.​

Of course, he kept in mind that this was a quest, and that there was probably going to be peril of some sort. But the only bad thing he could imagine happening in him falling off a ladder, or getting hit in the head with an apple (which, by the way, would be just his luck). It was supposed to be an easy quest, and since he had another person with him, nothing bad should happen.​

He hadn’t ever met the other person before, a male named Louis, who seemed rather...displaced by him. Then again, he was used to people being uncomfortable around him by now. After all, most people didn’t know what to do when they met someone who was mute. People usually just avoided talking to him, but the few who did would often speak to him awkwardly (since he can’t respond), or would ask random out of the blue questions. Of course, he didn’t mind! Orion loved ‘talking’ with people as often as he could, which wasn’t very often at all. Even talking about the weather was enough to keep the young boy occupied for minutes on end, a conversation about one's day could go on for hours.​

Sadly, people often didn’t like talking to him. They didn’t want to talk with someone who couldn’t answer back, but he didn’t blame them, of course! He wouldn’t want to talk to himself either.​

When the other asked him a question, in a choked up awkward sounding voice, the boy gave a faint smile (despite how happy he often sounds, he really wasn’t a big smiler), and gave a small nod. It was his first quest, and hopefully not his last. Spending time with people was just...he loved it.​

With the more Louis spoke, the more he reminded him of pretty much any other person that tried to talk to him at first, and that just kept the small, fond smile on his face. People weren’t generally used to communicating with mute people, so this pretty much happened every time he tried to talk with someone, he didn’t mind it.​

He quickly pulled out his notepad and his blue pen, blue was his favorite color so he usually wrote in that color, and quickly started writing something down. After a moment, the boy pulled his pen away and held it up so that the other could see what he had written.​

Thank you, Louis! You’re very kind, I hope we can be friends.’ He had added a little ‘^-^’ type of face to the end of his message, which was written in such neat handwriting it might as well be calligraphy. The other was clearly good hearted, making Orion want to be his friend.

.̷͎̘͔͎̜̽̈́̃̓̿͘͘.̴͚̖͇̈͌̍ͅ.̵̼̟͚̹̇̀̆̒̚͝Ǐ̶̛͉͓̰͚̓̉̽̓͊ ̵̡̜͇̱͇̑́j̴̱̹͆̈́̈́͌̏̾̈͝ǜ̷̪̤̱̙̱̤͎͋͗s̸̮͖͂̽̒̓̈t̵̗̦̲̫̀͆̅͆ ̸̛͇̣̗͔w̶̮͔̼̜̹̭͔͐̓͆̏ͅa̶͚̖͔̩̦̫̾̄̆͜͜n̵͇̳̣̱͇̠͔̦͝t̷̫̮̱̥̰̎̕ ̷͙͚͖̈́̅͗́̒̽̒͠ą̴̧̟̥̮̍̍͗̈͆̀ ̶̬̝̫͓̟͇͎̣̿̈͛͊f̸̼̪̥̩̮̳̻͛ͅr̶̨̛̻̺̼͚͚̈́̀͗̈́̈̍͜i̸̺̠̊͆̀́̂̈́ẻ̶̫͓̓n̶̡̨̮̻̘̥͍̯̔͗́̕d̴̨̟̱̺̰̣̈́̀̾͛͘ͅ,̷̳̣̦̮͍͛͒̓̊̾̄ ̸̧͎̩̯̰̃̀͠p̵̨̰̱̺̈́̓̒̇̇̚l̴̛͇̉̎̆͋͜e̸̛̖̔̒̇a̷͍̟̖̫͋̒͆̅̏̓͝͝ş̸͖͚̬̮̪̝́͑́͐͋͐̈̚é̴̢̤̲̱͈̳͋?̵͉̗̭͒̉​

Bobbi Brown
STARAPPLE ORCHARDS
Interactions: Jas Aster Aster , Zan Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , Jens Finalizer Finalizer
The casual gesture of affection brings an even brighter smile to Bobbi's lips and a mischievous gleam to her brown eyes. "Well then you'll be more than happy to return the favour," she says to Jensen lightly, and holds out her arms towards him expectantly. "Please?" Her eyes go as wide and innocent as possible and eventually he gives in like he usually does. In a few moments the four of them are stepping outside into sunlight and blue skies -well, three of them. Piggybacking on the tall boy, Bobbi isn't doing any of that walking herself.

A gentle breeze tugs on her hair playfully and she closes her eyes to enjoy the sensation of being just a little bit higher than normal. It's been so long since they've done this and the feeling is nostalgic. When she was younger and still trying to handle her anima she used to fall asleep or get tired out very suddenly. Eventually she figured out that she was using her anima on herself unintentionally and later on managed to control it. But before that, it was usually Jensen who picked her up and carried her around. Always making sure she was never left behind. Even afterwards she would still ask him and he would oblige, both pretending she was actually tired.

The day is hot, so she enjoys the feeling for only a little longer, wrapping her arms a little tighter around him and resting her chin on the top of his head and before they get too far she taps his shoulder and he lets her down. She shares a smile with him in thanks and then an umbrella with Jas, hands going up to retie the messy bun her hair is in when a little too many strands of hair start to get in her face. They talk and laugh and reminisce. Their first quest is brought up -

Bobbi wakes up groggily to the sounds of a commotion. The world comes into focus and she sees her friends through the trees, hears the growling and connects the dots. When she gets there, Zander is facing down a particularly enormous wolf. It's terrifying but he's her friend -or at least Jas's, so she goes to help him, reaching out with her hands... But he doesn't want her help.

She watches him storm away, hurt, and can't help giving Jasmine a look that says 'Why did you bring him along?'. It's only for less than a second before she brushes it off, stuffing away the feelings and pretending she isn't upset by the way he glared at her. Instead she opts to lie back against the huge slumbering wolf nonchalantly and looks up at them with a small grin and says, "I think I'll call him Fluffy."

"If anything you were the one that wanted to keep all the fun for yourself," Bobbi retorts playfully. "I just wanted to pet it." She had long forgiven him for their rough start, even if she did still tease him about his rebellious years now and then. "Maybe we'll see Fluffy. Goddess, that wolf's fur is so soft! Fluffy was a better pillow than any of you." Their destination finally comes into view, a small gate with a track leading up to the main farmhouse.

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 1
MONSTER RAID

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

There is no better way to spend the afternoon than to take a long, aimless stroll around the old city of Requiem. Air of the coming evening never ceased to please him, the sight of many faces aglow from the last touches of sunlight awaiting of the upcoming twilight beckoning the stars. Nature is beautiful, yes, it is quite magical indeed. But aren’t they all? It was perhaps an hour prior to the sunset and Axel found himself stranded between a mass of people, going to and fro before him in a blur of colors. It was amusing, people are. Every day going through such a routine; welcoming the early peeks of dawn only to end it a few hours later by shrouding themselves in the darkness of night. To put it simply: wake up, work, go home, sleep. How monotonous, how boring, it’s revolting. The temporary whisk of the scene tells him just that- a decently dressed man concealed underneath his top hat, dragging a suitcase with him along the road. A woman, just a few meters away, impatiently tapped her foot upon the pavement, her attention casted firmly on her cell as she awaited her lift. It was as though they were blank, as though they repeated the same things over and over every single day. It seemed almost as though they were programmed, coded to act the same way in a matter of a mere checkpoint. But truth is: humans are not like that.

If Axel had to choose the most amusing of creatures, it’s humans. Nothing out of them is quite predictable. A single moment depicts a long-termed happily wedded couple picking up their children from school for the very first time. In a blink of an eye, they could find themselves veiling in grief, their love separated by a single death bed and a divorce letter. There was no way to tell their future; not even the strongest of Magisters could. Not even their stupid goddess. The closing time is ticking and soon the curtains of the day would befall upon them, shutting out one piece of the calendar while inviting the next. But Axel was sure. He was sure that something interesting is yet to happen. He has yet to lose faith in the human race; he was sure they wouldn’t let him down, especially not on his day off. Being in the Elite Ten means more privileges, more access to everything but, of course, never quite a walk in the park. There are jobs to do, things to cover. He certainly valued himself more than…the Syndicate President, for instance. Unlike the male, Axel works. Though not quite the hardest of workers, he was confident he got his things done at the least. So if there was anything interesting yet to happen, he begs to anyone out there that it’ll happen quick enough- and speaking of the devil.

As the blond male had nearly given up, Axel heard the ring of an overly familiar voice just by the corner. A voice that could be said as patient as scorching flames, he could already imagine the president’s face skewered in irritation, eyebrows furrowed like the lovely angel he is. A smile made its way to his face, and when his suspicions were confirmed (that it was indeed Sir ‘Get-The-Fuck-Away-Axel’), Axel approached the pair; close enough to wrap an arm ‘friendly’ around the taller male, at least.

Well well well. If it isn’t my beloved president. Such a pleasant surprise this is, is it not?” he began with his usual drawling voice, a voice that he knew Ajax hated with a burning passion as it signaled his presence. “And yes sir,” he snapped his attention to the older man before him. “We are Magisters. Glad to be of your acquaintance. As I had overheard, there were attacks-

Yes, yes sir!” the older male cuts through, enthusiasm evident in his voice with his eyes bulging and head nodded in such a fashion Axel feared that it would fall off its hinges. “Tenebrae attacks. On Mr. Crassus’ mansion. Please, you must hurr-

Shh…shh.” Axel used his free hand to place his index finger right over the panicking male’s lip. The man pursued his lips, though his eyes remained as wide as saucers. Axel grinned before lowering his hand.

Very well. My partner and I gladly accept the quest. Now run along, we don’t have all day.” Axel said, a smirk crawling to his face. What else could perfect this already perfect evening if not irritate his outmost favorite person to irritate? Grinning, he turned and shifted his attention to the platinum blonde. “You, me, together on a lovely evening. Let me hold your hand and make this a perfect date?

coded by:@_707_​

Last edited:

Kaia Eden Nightingale
”What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for college? Bison! Ha-ha!”

☼​
Protect The Boss || Requiem City || Uriah & Robbie || In Progress

While she should have been suspicious that Robbie opened the door for her without hidden incentives, Kaia’s trusting nature allowed her to not question it. She did a fake mocking gasp at his words, “Should have known you would throw me first into a wolf’s den. And Robbie, she’s off limits.” Maybe the last sentence was one Kaia would learn to regret later. She entered the room first since Uriah was full of formalities today. She didn’t blame him, Uriah was always the sanest compared to the two of them. The female did a quick take at the room, gazing at the heavy cream curtains that has such an ugly contrast to the crimson maroon carpet. She did appreciate how fuzzy and soft it felt as if it was trying to tickle her toes. Her orbs finally fell onto the female they have been hired to guard. A fragile yet stunning woman with chocolate curls and bright verdant eyes. Her porcelain skin seemed as if she had never step foot outside and into the sun. While she may be a princess, she reminded Kaia of a prisoner at most. She wish she could envelop the female into a hug because she looked like she needed a friend but Kaia was being paid to be just the opposite.

“We’re here on behalf of Duke Allama request,” she said but not before Robbie introduced himself and finally them as his minions. Kaia rolled her eyes, shoving his shoulder playfully aside. “Please ignore him, he thinks he’s a fairy tale prince,” Kaia laughed before leaning slightly against Uriah. “And call him Ro-bo, everyone calls him that. He’s just being pretentious, isn’t that right Uriah?” She smirked at the elevated white hair male, her eyes glistened with humor.

Jasmine smiled back at the trio, looking slightly confused at the new name for her father. “It’s very nice to meet you Robo, Uriah, and Kaia. It’s a fairly short trip. Nine hours on foot, we can rest at an inn along the way. We can leave after I get change. You guys can make yourself comfortable downstairs, please don’t mind the guards,” she said gesturing towards the door as if she wanted them out as soon as possible.

Kaia turned to look at Uriah and Rob before whispering, “I haven’t had lunch, should we see what we can take downstairs?”

Skryx Skryx Makomin Makomin

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]

Ajax wasn’t planning to wait for an answer, he was ready to bolt at the sight of the familiar man. It was more troublesome facing him head-on than to just find a way to get out of his sight. Unfortunately for Ajax, the Elite Ten member who had more time on his hand than all of the Elite Ten combined, gripped his shoulder tightly, holding him still. For such a scrawny man, he had a lot of force and while Ajax could probably push him away, he didn’t feel like spending anymore energy shooing Axel away. That blonde was like an unwanted stray. He always came running back.

“I can’t say the same,” Ajax answered, tone laced with utter hostility. His face remained indifferent, stoic for now. This was the song they always danced to and at the end of the game, Ajax imagined pressing him down against the ground crushing his throat as he muttered his eulogy. “Rest in peace, asshole.”

The pitch of the other’s voice didn’t fail to rouse him and Ajax habitually joked to Quinn that there was only one person that made him want to sleep. Forever.

He watched the interaction between Axel and the stranger withholding a sigh. It didn’t seem like there was a way around this. The mansion looks ginormous enough which meant that completing this mission would result in more money and he was constantly in need of money. And with Axel around, he needed something to unleash his irritation on.

At the sight of that moronic grin, Ajax shrug and with his own smirk, he said the following words with the utmost delight. “You know what would even make this perfect date better? If you disappear,” the male swatted Axel’s hand away as if it was a pest on a fair sunny day. “I pity the soul that dates you but why don’t you get a lover or a pet? Or...a life.”

Their bickering would have to wait for another time as the stranger ushered both of them inside. “Please save the master Crassus! He’s on the forth floor with the other servants! Only a few of us managed to escape. Quickly! Before he dies!” The gates to the mansion opened and closed just as the two stepped foot inside. Ajax had the first move to open the door before turning his head back to Axel.

“Well after you, princess.” The door was slammed behind them and immediately they were approached by five large tenebrae hounds. The hounds were pitch-black, human size, over five feet in height snarling at the intruders with their drool dripping in a pool of saliva on the floor. Without a moment to spare, two beasts jumped with elongated claws aiming for Ajax as the other three aimed to attack Axel. A smile resembling more of a sneer reached his face as Ajax pulled his pair of tonfa —

Well shit. Ajax patted the empty space behind his back realizing that he didn’t bring weapons along. His eyes flickered to the longsword hung as an ornament on the wall. With just one blink, the sword slashed off both heads of the hound in one go, spraying charcoal colored blood across his cheeks before falling into Ajax’s hands. “Hn, this feels weird,” he mumbled absentmindedly, not caring to look over at Axel’s direction. But one could say the male trusted the other to handle the tenebrae on his own.
s e v e n s e v e n

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_nfyxkwgXmq1smn73p.png

q u e s t || the thief

l o c a t i o n || requiem city

t e a m || jack and zander

t a g s || Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

As Jack's eyelids grew heavier and heavier with each minute passing, he realized how poor of a decision he'd made. Sure, it was easy for him to admit defeat, but having to be embarrassed in such a way in front of Genesis's Vice President was very displeasing to him. His usual demeanor wasn't heavily affected though, the boy always made sure he was the last one to grow somber.

"Uh," Jack coughed, feeling heat, presumably Zander, getting closer to him. "Well, Burt's still there—hopefully he'll be leaving... soon?" The upward inflection in his voice indicated he didn't really believe what he was saying. And even if he did, he didn't believe anything fruitful would come out of his departure at all. "In retrospect, sitting and watching for an invisible anima user wasn't probably the best idea."

Jack always liked to think of himself as intelligent, but it was times like these where he questioned it. He immediately rolled his eyes, dismissing the thought.

He put down the binoculars, that weren't really necessary in the first place, as they were close enough to see what was happening pretty well. Jack reached for a slice of pizza, huffing in dissatisfaction when none were left. He reached for a wing, the same result.

"Well, from here, we can wait for Burt to do something or-" As Jack was about to continue, he noticed the fisherman finally turn off his lights and start to pack up his fish. Jack breathed a sigh of relief and flashed Zander a triumphant smirk.

"You think he's going anywhere suspicious?" Jack picked up the pizza box with the wing bones and unapologetically left it in the corner of the rooftop. He still kept a steady eye on Bert, who hadn't departed yet.

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 1
STARAPPLE ORCHARDS

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: Orion Walker Smol Birb Smol Birb

Louis smiled to himself in triumph as he managed to pull out an answer from the other male. That wasn't so hard, was it? Orion seemed like a pretty chill guy, throwing out the word friend everywhere and all. Still not a talker, of course, and neither does he strike you as the usual kind of guy, but quite a fair company. Sometimes even he realized that not everything needed to be said (even when he's itching to comment on how big the trees are here or how soggy the ground feels- he knew that doing so would probably scare Orion away if the boy isn't already). Nonetheless, the German boy could name at least two people he'd rather not be with. All he could say is: at least Orion had never bothered his duck.

Soon enough, the patches of the orchard came into view. Louis had never visited the orchard so early in the morning, and must he say the sight was quite fascinating. The arrays of starapple trees glowed in the touch of the morning sun, the leaves highlighted in orange and the fruits vibrant in their colours- the fruits they were going to spend the rest of the day picking. In that instant, Louis suddenly felt weak. How long would that take? There are so many fruits, so little time! Immediately, his mind ran into his list of fifty things he'd rather do than pick starapples.

However, before Louis was even given the chance to speak up, an old man suddenly emerged from the bushes, twigs protruding from his head like an overqualified bird nest. Louis flinched, eyeing the elderly from top to bottom. Then he realized.

"Mr. Farmer?" Louis spoke out, his eyes darting from the man and the bush.

"Damn right I am. And I've got me self a name, if yeh need tuh know. But that's not so important. You lads are said Magisters, I reckon?" the old man narrowed his eyes, snapping his attention back and forth from the pair. All of the sudden Louis felt tensed. He had no idea what the old man was doing, but after a while he gave out a long sigh.

"Scrawny, but will do I guess." The old man said in a defeated manner, to with Louis chimed with an offended hey!. The old man ignored him and gestured the pair to follow him.

"I need help pickin' my STARapples. I can usually do it, but I'm sick today-"

"Is that what you were doing back in the bushes? Being sick?" Louis added. The man coughed, stopping abruptly and casted him a glare. Instantly guilt overwhelmed him. However, before he had gotten the chance to apologize for what he had said, an empty basket was shoved in his hands and another in Orion's.

"There is those darn wolves tryin' to eat them all, too. Don't kill them monsters, though, just scare them away!" Then the man turned and began walking back towards his bush, grumpily muttering under his breath.

"Wait! Sir," Louis called out. The old man huffed and gave him a sharp look. "What?"

"Uh-" Louis, seemed to be taken aback by the sudden snappish behavior, scanned his scenery up and down. No use. He had to ask.

"Is there any chance you having a ladder or something-"

"A ladder?" The man barked what may only sound like a real ugly laugh. "And here I thought yeh Magisters can do magic or some sort, yeh know?"

Heat rose up the young boy’s cheeks, but once more, before Louis had any chance of replying, the man beat him to it.

"If I ain't mistaken, there be a real rusty one just in teh cabin. Why don'cha have a look? Now stop interrupting me and talk to me only when yeh lot are finished."

With that he left without looking back. Louis sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He knew he could easily pick up the apples without the aid of a ladder, but he would quite prefer if he hadn't used his powers if he could manage...especially with the presence of another

"Hey Orion?" Louis asked, his eyes narrowed to block out the light as he set his gaze up above the trees. "Will you do me a favor and get the ladder?"

He hated to do this, but it was without a doubt the most efficient way. It was a way to get rid of Orion as he work with his anima.

Uriah Kershaw

7fbdc2b272cccedd848c5591d2f7e7e2.jpg

Interaction: Kaia Polaris. Polaris. and Rob Skryx Skryx

Uriah Kershaw couldn't help but smirk at Rob's words. "Is that a dare?" He asked, imitating the other male's famous catchphrase of all time before proceeding to walk into the room with both his best friends. As he did so, he noticed that Jasmine's room was not really a room but rather another living quarters for the daughter of the duke. Surely Jasmine had her own taste in decor. Not to mention, who would feel comfortable lounging around in a room that was merely set up to be a display for the public?

"Your middle name is bias, Rob," the blonde teased before leaning against a wall that was next to a huge velvet red dressing table. Jewels were embedded on the marble surface of the table and Uriah couldn't help but lean his right hand on it, as though using it as a resting spot. When he was sure that Kaia and Jasmine were busy interacting, he used his index finger to flick at it sharply before picketing the medium-sized ruby stone.

After that, he made his way to Kaia before giving a gentle smile, "Yeah, Rob lacks in almost every aspect except his ego and love for us." He then winked at the male before nodding. "If you require our presence imeediately, please do not hesitate." He said before making his way with his friends downstairs.

On the way down the spiral golden steps, Uriah took it upon himself to grab at a few more pieces, ensuring that no one was looking at his actions. The guard from before didn't say anything even if he was suspicious and merely led the trio to another room. Uriah presumed it was a meeting room of a sort. Or rather, a place of gathering for nobles.

The space itself was almost three times the size of Jasmine's room, and that was already quite big. The floor almost looked like it had the velvety carpet growing on it. The walls and the ceilings were painted a light gold, almost as though it was to give a fading effect. Not to mention, it was finished up with three crystal chandeliers. The crystals on the first and third chandeliers were a shade of cyan while the middle one was albeit green.

His eyes widened before he turned to Rob, grinning. He then leaned once again against the wall before nodding to Kaia, "We could stop by somewhere to eat later." He then grabbed another piece of gem before saying, "Although, I'm not sure whether Jasmine wouldn't mind it."

xg045g.gif

~Kaye Nightingale ~
➣ Quest name: The Thief
➣ Interactions: Ajex (AJ) Polaris. Polaris.
➣ Status: In progress
Kaye had gotten better at controlling her creatures, it had gotten to the point that she hardly had to think much about it and they gained a personality themselves. Course she still was in control, that was, after all, her limit. Taking a moment to relay the information she had found out about the apples to AJ who seemed to be rather amused caused her to look at him with a baffled expression, one that was quiet confused in all honesty.
But his comment had her feeling her cheeks rise in just a slight bit of warmth, earning him a smack against his arm. “It’s nothing like that. Besides who would want an apple from me anyways.” With a roll of her eyes she followed with him and Curtis down the alleyway. It was nice to see that it wasn’t as busy as the market but the perfect area for a thief to go down. At least at some vantage points.
If Kaye had been the thief in question she would have gone into the busy section, disappear into the crowd no one being the wiser. But the Alley had the speed to it. Running through and dodging people worked too. Shrugging at the thought Kaye followed and was only slightly disappointed in the fact they had arrived at a dud.
“So sorry, Curtis meant nothing. Please forgive us.” Kaye flustered to the noble women. Her nose so high in the air Kaye had the urge to flick it but fought against it. That wouldn’t have been the most kind thing to do.
“The next one will be better.” Kaye spoke trying to reassure her less than impressed companion.
It was not.
Kaye sighed, watching Curtis play with the other dog happily barking and enjoying the life a normal dog would. “I was in a lot better mood when I drew this one.” Kaye admitted looking to AJ before giving a slight smile. “Come on, this might take longer but we will eventually find the apple thief.” She spoke, once against trying to reassure him.
From his expression he did not believe her.
“Look if the next one doesn’t work you can go back and I’ll do this myself. Then you won’t be to late for your afternoon nap.” Kaye finally spoke giving him deal. “Curtis won’t let us down. I know it.” With determination, Curtis ran back to the both of them barking once before sniffing the air. In a moment he started running at a much faster pace.
Kaye was going to say something but instead she decided just to follow the dog from on alleyway to the next, a hint of cap catching a glimpse. Could this be it? “Tackle her!” Kaye ordered just as the dog did causing the clocked women to fall flat on her face crying out in a slight pain as her body hit the ground.

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 1
MONSTER RAID

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

Axel had always been one that takes fancy in mansions. The looming arches that serves as an entrance, the vines crawling up the marble walls like the tentacles of a starved mythical monster. For some reason, there had always been an eerie yet graceful aura resonating off its halls, a dark beauty isolated in its own. Or maybe it just reminded him too much of a place he knows. While Ajax had never been quite the most delightful escort, he sure made a strong ally; and an amusing individual to observe. The blonde made his way in, smiling and nodding curtly at the president for opening the door.

Such a gentleman,” he remarked, before a loud slam erupted throughout the halls. The wooden door behind him has shut and he knew in that second that their game has come to a beginning.

Chandelier hung from a top, its crystals glinting in the presence of moonlight though the candle light cease to exist. The space felt cold, heat void to exist behind these walls. They’ve got no time to rest nor time to admire because just a second after, a light clicking noise began to bounce through the walls, those turning into thumping and then with that the ground began to shake. A low growl was heard as five equally hideous creatures emerged into the main hall, shadows stepping into the light as they descended the vast staircase now stained in red…and drool. Lots of drool. Hounds. Each teeth larger than his head, eyes probably larger than its brain, and for a thing Axel knew that they were anything but welcomed.

Aw Jay-jay! Look at how adorable they are. They could pass as your distant relative.” Axel remarked and in that moment, the growling turned into a bark and all five leapt towards their direction, three to himself and two to Ajax. At least they have real good tastes- Axel just stood there, waiting for the hounds to come close. Five meters, four meters, three- he didn’t even move an inch. From the corner of his eyes he saw that Ajax had already taken care of his two tenabrae. He shouldn’t have. Axel was confident enough that he could take on all of them at the same time. Just when there were less than two meters left, to the point where Axel could literally feel their ragged breath upon his skin- he shot his arm forward.

Hounds…they’re basically dogs, right? Dogs can hear high frequencies. Let’s see how low they can survive. Suddenly, a low humming sound began to play, a constant voice that just gets lower and lower and louder at the same time. All a play on frequencies, amplitudes, and intensity.The hounds paused, looking back and forth at each other in confusion. The air thickened, Axel laughed and glanced sideways at Ajax. “I would love to tell you to close your ears, but news flash. Infrasonic does not work that way, so buckle up!

And instantly, the noise reduced to a frequency unable to be heard by humans. He knew he could’ve focused the waves towards the tenabrae only, but letting a few loose won’t do much harm to Ajax anyway…well, besides an upcoming severe headache and that his eyeballs maaaay have been vibrating rapidly and that his whole system would feel as though they were doing literal back flips. But other than that, no biggie. Well, at least for him. Ajax would probably kill him if he ever finds out that the waves could be focused…but that was an entirely different matter to be thought of later. Soon the hounds began to screech, or at least look like they’re wailing, but nothing could be heard, not even the sound of Axel’s laugh. Eyes turned blood shot, foam forming in their flapped lips.

200 dB. 300 dB. 400 dB.

Mercilessly, Axel held the waves at one particular position, a point on bordering death…for the hounds, at least. Ajax should be fine. Well, if his calculations weren’t wrong, at least. He took one last look at Ajax, smiling before he shot his hand up and in that instant thick tar-like blood spluttered across the floor, staining the walls, the floors, his shirt… he regretted hadn’t done it sooner when the tenebrae were still further away. Bodies fell limp upon the floor, its head vanished from where it had belonged. Then it stopped.

Everything seemed to brighten in that second and even if no one could really tell, it felt like the air returned normal. Axel laughed and walked towards Ajax. “Now now, don’t puke on my shirt. Can you stand?” Axel offered his hand towards the platinum blonde, but before he could take it (even if he bothered to, though somehow Axel was ninety-nine percent sure he wouldn’t), Axel retracted his arm and grinned, ruffling the male’s hair. “Of course you can. Now let’s go, we don’t have all day.” Axel turned and began walking up the staircase, not even looking back to check if the other had followed.

Last edited:

Q u e s t
S t a r a p p l e O r c h a r d s

Orion Walker
tumblr_nl67tjfb2p1tct2eio1_500-1-jpg.310141

Team: @_707_

In Progress

H̶̦̉ͅe̸̛͎͖ ̵̛̳̄d̷̹̯̈́͌ǫ̵̮̓ĕ̵͔͜s̶̢͎̍ṇ̴̹̃͊'̷̫͒ͅt̵̯̼̍̓ ̷͙̓̓l̸̟̉i̶̦̹͝k̵̦͈̓̿e̶̪͕̍̊ ̷͓̈́m̴̩̎ë̵̻̬,̴͚̈́ ̷͖͂̐d̴͉͝o̴̮͜͝ę̴̪̓s̸͖̓ ̶̜͔̇͆h̷̜̄ḛ̶͆̕?̶̠̩͊͝ ̷̥͎̈́H̴̛̻̬e̵̗̥̔͝ ̴͈̣͝p̷͕̊r̴̦͝o̶͖͠b̴̛̝̿ã̷̺̠b̷̟̈́l̴̾͜͝ͅŷ̸̜̽ ̵̩̓t̷̬̼̄h̴͈̭͒i̶͉͓̇͐n̸̜͋k̵̝̂s̷̨̞̚͠ ̴̘̉I̸̮̘̕'̴̗̥́m̴̡͚͂ ̵̱͠w̵̧̚ȅ̶̥̯̚i̸̻̱̍͋ȓ̵̹d̷͈̀.̷̣̃͝.̸̼̓̇.̶̫̪̌̈́
As they approached the orchard, Orion looked up to the trees, seeing all the fruits dangling above, poking out from the fresh green leaves. Honestly, he wouldn't mind visiting this place again, just to walk around and such. Is that what normality felt like, casually strolling around, actually enjoying things? It's not like he would know, but it was nice to sonder what a simpler life would be like, what a happier one would actually entail. The male had originally thought that he would've had a happier life at the academy, a life that was broken off from his tainted past, but...his power probably wouldn't be letting that happen anytime soon.
He didn't have much else time to think before a ragged looking man popped out of the bushes like a jack from a box, startling the boy so hard he wound up taking a step back as he took in the sight of the man. For a second there, he thought he was a homeless person, before the man introduced himself as the farmer. He most certainly looked unwell...hopefully he'd get that all figured out soon, the poor man.
When the man mentioned that there were wolves, that caused the boy to tilt his head a little, trying to remember if the quest had mentioned there were going to be wolves. Hopefully the wolves wouldn't attack them or anything...that'd just be terrible. Of course, it's not like he blamed the wolves or anything, they most certainly aren't monsters, all animals are innocent! They were just trying to eat, or they thought people were intruding on their territory, so it's not like he could blame the wolves for simply doing what they thought was right. He'd probably do the same thing! Not that he wanted to eat people or anything, or attack them! No, no, Orion considered himself to be a pacifist through and through, so attacking people was generally out of the question. And, well, it's not like he would chase people off his land normally, he would welcome all visitors. It's just, hypothetically speaking he would just...
Sometimes he thinks too much.

When the other asked him to go and get the ladder from the cabin, the dark haired male gave him a quick thumbs up to show he understood, and quickly went off towards the cabin to go and get it. Probably the first sign that this was going to go horribly was when he approached the cabin and found that the doorknob nearly broke off in his hand as he opened it, and the door creaked loudly as he opened it, causing the boy to wince a little from the sound.
As he opened the door, he noticed how dark it was inside, and as he stepped in, he was almost floored by the scent of rust and it filled the air like a toxic fume. Orion instantly let out a cough and covered his mouth with his long sweater sleeve, trying to block out the blood like scent Ȉ̷̧̼͖̳̘̫͐̃t̵̢̧̙̣͇͙̻͍͐̕ ̸͓̥͈͈̹́̑̾̉͆̓͆s̴̞̱̱̱̼̄̃͑͑m̴͈̱̹͕͖͌͠e̶̺͎̋l̷͈̮̘̮̭̞̓́̓̀̑͋̓̚͜ͅl̷͙̹͔̥͕̰̯̬͑s̸̩̜̈́̓̒͊̑̒̚̕ ̴͉̆͐l̶̡̰͉͚͕̿͒̔͐̓̚ỉ̸͕̯͑́͂̓̚͠k̴̪͕̂͂̂ȩ̵͎̫͍̿̈́̈́̅̌͝ ̸̪̹͙̥̺̰̍̒͐̎̅̾̈́̓H̶̬̱̫̮̾̎́́͂e̶͖̔r̷͕̓̍̅̊̎͒͝ ̴̈͒̒̎̆̐͜i̴̼̭̊́̓͝n̸̢͔̫̱̰̋̋͒ ̵̦̪͚͖̣͔͗̿̆̉̔̇͝h̴͓͖̬̪̫͊̀́̋͝e̴̦̫͋r̷͈̘̥͆̒̑̃̆̀͜͝e̸̡̮͎̜̘͓̔̓̐͑̀͒̄͠ as he moved towards where the ladder was in the back of the room.
When he reached the ladder, after navigating through the dark and cluttered filled room, the boy was nearly floored when he saw just how rusted it really was. It was more rust than it was ladder! It had probably once been a sparkling grey metal ladder with functioning steps on it...but now it was the color of dried blood and looked it might break apart in his hands. Which it actually did when the boy reached out and grabbed onto it, the ladder actually b r e a k i n g in his hands, it splitting into a couple of different pieces and smashing onto the ground, where it then broke apart further.
Instantly, the boy just stared at the mess for a good thirty seconds, unblinking as he tried to register what the actual heck had just happened, before then slowly putting down the pieces he was still holding, patting them onto the ground as he did so, and then straightening back up and s l o w l y leaving the cabin, shutting the door behind him, looking absolutely shaken that that had somehow just transpired and he had just damaged someone elses property.
Oh god, was he going to go to jail now? Wasn't breaking someone elses stuff technically illegal?? The farmer seemed really weird, what if he tried to have him arrested? Oh god, he can't go to jail! No way would he survive! He's far too little, he'd get eaten up within an hour of setting foot in there! He had to come up with a lie, say that it wasn't him! No, no, lying isn't right! Oh god, oh god, Lou should know what to do, right? He just felt so bad about breaking the ladder.
Quickly, the boy pretty much scurried away back over to where Lou was and quickly pulled out his writing supplies, looking absolutely startled as he quickly jotted something down, before then holding it up for the other to see.
'I broke the ladder on accident! What do we do now?? Are we going to get in trouble?? How will we get the fruit now?? I'm so sorry, Louis! I didn't mean to!' The writing at the end had gotten rather slanted due to how fast the other had been writing, showing just how bad and nervous the other felt right now.
W̸̬̔h̷͉̲͒͑y̷̹̞͛ ̴̤̿ḋ̷͓͝ò̵̘͍͒ ̷̲͇͂I̴͙͐ ̷̣͆a̸̢͕͌͝l̷̟̈́w̴͍͚͒a̶͌ͅy̶̱̼͆s̴̼̩͐̎ ̶̛͙̾f̵̬̞̆u̶̹̖͐̋c̶̹͚͠k̸̡̤͘ ̵̖̫͐̈́u̶̜̥̕p̵͇̒̾?̸̟̊

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]

Ajax has made it a habit to ignore any names he doesn’t recognize and he had mostly mastered ‘how-to-ignore-Axel-101’. Emphasis on mostly. Not to mention, he hated how long it always take the male to fight as if he enjoys the pain inflicted on his enemy. Even with the warning, the consequences were unpleasant as he clenched his jaw and eyes shut. For an Elite Ten, he was sure shit at controlling his powers. Ajax never made it a secret that he thought Axel was a mistake. Instant nausea and a headache hit him like a truck but the pain wasn’t unbearable. He had worse but it had been so long since his nerves were innervated thus the novel repulsive sensations were outright galling. Ajax made no motion for words, opening his eyes after a split second, regaining his composure. Tension radiated between the two of them as the bloodied male approached him with an airy laugh. His hair was ruffled as his brows furrowed, his lips sealed to keep himself from snapping back. This little shit is a fucking pain. For a moment as the other blonde climbed upstairs, Ajax lagged behind, debating if this quest was worth being anywhere near Axel.

Without a moment's notice, his longsword levitated in the air, positioning itself horizontally before slashing right past Axel’s head hovering just a few centimeters above. The sword pulled itself back into Ajax’s hand as a few strands of blonde hair fell as a result. He knew one thing was for sure, the quest needed to be finished fast before they ended up killing each another instead. The only thing keeping them from going at each other’s throat was the common knowledge that even on quests, one was constantly observed and followed by cloaked magisters to enforce rules and regulations.

“Oh. My bad. I thought you were a tenebrae. Not surprised. Distant relatives, perhaps,” Ajax replied in a humor filled tone as he picked up his pace. The second floor wasn’t much different from the first except black luscious carpet lined the floor. The lights were dimmed with only the fading moonlight flickering past the soft double maroon curtains to serve as a main source for sight at the end of the rather big corridor. The silence was maintained as Ajax tried to scope out what’s up ahead. If he recalled correctly, their goal was the fourth floor but barely a footstep forward before they were immediately enclosed by an insidious spider queen resembling a black widow roughly over nine feet tall with five…no twelve five feet warrior spiders guarding her as well as the staircase upstairs. Hissing from her warrior troops were the only indication of their intentions to devour. Without heed, sticky spun spider web shot from the queen spinneret repeatedly, only moving her posterior slightly per turn to trap them both against the floor. While that would have effectively trapped anyone else, Ajax didn’t seem at all fazed by at how extremely close it got close to his face, barely grazing his cheeks before the webs were repelled backwards trapping six of her minion instead. The other half took it as a signal to join in and attack Axel before they too were unable to move. With the longsword in hand, the ones in front of Ajax struggled to move with no avail as if they were held still by a hidden force.

“Don’t hold me back, princess,” Ajax said deciding to finally move a muscle. He leaped on top of one of the warrior’s head before stabbing the sword into its head and running it along its abdomen out of its posterior in one sleek move. Ebony blood spilled, splattering against his entire visage before spilling onto the ground. He held constant movement, avoiding the sticky webs that were still being spun all around. The sword quickly found its way against one opponent, another opponent, slicing them up into meaty pieces with speed much like a bullet, quicker than can be seen by the naked eye. He ramped up the velocity, before the blade could no longer main in its original form, shattering both the fourth spider as well as his only weapon. If a broken weapon could stop a man, this platinum blonde wouldn’t have reached where he was today. Sharp remaining shards flew up in one smooth motion, piercing into the hard exterior shell of the fifth spider, cutting and destroying from within before aiming for the sixth beast with deadly precision. It had seemed that the spider queen had decided to focus its attention on Axel for now so once Ajax finished his last kill, he wiped the bloody stains off his countenance. The thrill from battle was dissipated and as the adrenaline faded, he ran his right hand through the stained platinum hair.

Ajax never handles more than he has to, not in work, not in life, and thus once he was done with his six, the male sat down right next to the stairs leading down. With his head against the railing, he was tempted to close his eyes but figured Axel would finish off the spider queen before Ajax could fall asleep. But something suddenly finally caught his attention now that he wasn’t fighting tenebrae. This scent!

“Axel, stop flirting with the tenebrae. Your winks and no sense of humor are just infuriating them. Hurry up and finish it.” There might be crumpets on the third floor but Ajax wasn't going to let Axel know the reason for his sudden urgency.

s e v e n s e v e n

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
The Thief || The Market || Kaye & Ajax || In Progress

Kaye extreme optimism was a large contrast to Ajax’s relaxed yet cynical view of life. He doesn’t trust easily but with her, the male resigned and shrugged. Her small smile was the only thing that stopped him from telling her they needed a new Curtis. Curtis 3.0 because the first two did not excel in following directions. “Were you now? You better get the next one right,” Ajax grumbled at Curtis who was now chasing after butterflies. This. Seemed. Hopeless.

So damn hopeless.

But with her next incentive, he took the deal but they both knew Ajax wasn’t the type to leave a friend alone. Yet an option out was pleasing so he shrugged. “Okay, let him lead the way then.” The dog appeared to have the correct scent this time, dashing forward at a quicker speed causing Ajax to run after it beside Kaye. This went from a hopeless case to a hopeless exercise. Great. The only time Ajax wanted to exercise was during physical education. From one alleyway to the next, a street corner to another, they finally came upon a cloaked woman who was running for her life but away from nobody.

Except maybe the now barking and ferocious dog who leaped and attacked the female upon Kaye’s command. They were at the edge of the market now where living areas and stores meet. The female began to bawl as her body slammed against the ground, making a loud crashing thud with scrapes and bruises all over. At the sight of crying people, Ajax subconsciously stepped back not liking to deal with messy tears. The two large baskets she was carrying had at least thirty apples. A few rolled on the floor just as she fell and was stopped by Ajax’s foot. He bend down to pick it up before turning to Curtis. “Here boy, eat this apple,” Ajax said curious to see if it’ll mean the dog will be in heat from it. But one large bite into the apple and nothing suspicious happened. Curtis didn’t drop dead or started humping so…

“I think these are just ordinary apples Kaye,” Ajax remarked but the female only cried louder and louder. Loud enough that bandits saw them and figured they could get a good mugging out of the trio. Ajax, Kaye, and the little thief found themselves circled by nine bandits holding daggers before the boss looking one held it up, wavering at them threateningly as he recognized that those were indeed special apples that could be sold at a higher price.

“Are you here for the girl?” Ajax pointed at her. He didn’t want any trouble. Once they gave the apples back, the quest was done. “You can have her. We don’t know her,” Ajax pulled Kaye closer to him.

The little girl removed her cloak, looking barely in her teens before sniffling away her tears. “Y-you can’t have these. I promise my sister I’d give them for her birthday.”

The bandit leader didn't seem pleased with either answer.

“We want those apples…and the girl. And everything you two own! And you can leave here-“ A tonfa flew out from Ajax’s hand crushing the bandit’s Adam’s apple, forcing him back and slamming him against the nearest wall. It all happened in a blink of an eye causing panic to run rampant among the other bandits.

“What did you say?” Ajax asked, repeatedly smacking his second tonfa against his other palm. “Was that a threat?”

Sasil Sasil

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 1
STARAPPLE ORCHARDS

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: Orion Walker Smol Birb Smol Birb

The moment the black haired boy had vanished from sight, Louis stretched his arms forward, his gaze hasn’t yet left the fruits high above the ground. Time to get started. With his bare foot stomping upon the ground, the Earth began to give a slight rumble, the pebbles vibrating upon the flooring. In just a second, the ground begin to rise, forming a mountain-like structure on that exact spot he stood on. He just hoped that the farmer didn’t care about his grass too much, because Louis was unsure he could return it exactly the way it was. Just above half a meter above the ground, he stopped the ground from growing. That would be enough.

Louis began plucking the starapples, one at a time and filled them in the basket. In just a matter of minutes, the male had finished half of the first tree. If things go this well, with Orion’s help they could finish before the sun even rise fully. Speaking or Orion, how was that kid? Louis sat on the edge of his mini-mountain as he awaited for the other boy to return, his figure growing larger and larger in the distance…strangely enough, there wasn’t a ladder with him.

What happened? Can’t find it?” Louis called out. However, what the boy said in reply –or more like written, to be honest- baffled him.

You did what?!” His eyes widen and in that moment, the mini-mountain instantly shrunk to the size of a regular chair. Louis stood up on the flat ground, wanting to be on eye level with the other.

I-I don’t get it, how do you accidentally break a friggin’ LADDER?” Louis said in a voice perhaps slightly louder than necessary, his arms flailing everywhere in wild gestures as to make his non-existent point. Of course it’s very possible to break a ladder, especially if it’s rusty. It’s probably a living tetanus at this point anyway, so he really shouldn’t blame Orion. But the fact that now he had to build stairs for the male irritates him. Lifting the ground for himself one thing. Making stairs for someone else is another. Or maybe he’s just beyond lazy.

Alright then, that’s done I guess. No reason crying over spilt milk just…” Louis bit his lower lip, his eyes subconsciously moving to the bushes where the old farmer sleep. “Just make sure he doesn’t hear about this.” He said before standing up, cracking his knuckles.

Now step back. Unless you have flying anima, that is, which you better just say now,” Louis said. He hated to use his anima, especially when there’s someone around. He feared too much that it might accidentally set out to hurt someone…like what happened years ago. However, he found no choice. Unless he wanted to do all the work by himself, which, he felt, was an even worse idea. But as he was prepared to form his staircase, a distant low growling was heard.

The boy looked over his shoulder and to confirm his fear, three wolves had emerged, lips turned up and fangs bare. Louis quickly turned to face the other way, but surely enough there were an additional four wolves just behind Orion. They were surrounded. Great. Don’t kill the wolves, the old man had said. Just scare them away!. Ironically, Louis didn’t even want to hurt the wolves. But judged by their appearances, these wolves don’t seem to be overly enthusiastic for a belly rub. He could just lift both of them to higher ground with his anima, but then they can never get their job finished. And the wolves may decide to go and feast upon the old man, in which a case where Louis didn’t know who to feel sorry for. They had no choice. They must scare the wolves away, as told.

You…take the ones on the left I take the ones on the right…?” Louis suggested. For a second he felt a thrilling sensation of being in a movie, where the protagonist and his partner goes back to back as they fought off enemies encircling them. No, Louis, bad. Not time to be thinking of super spies and hot guys in tuxes. What would be the best way of scaring wolves, though?

Without thinking, Louis spread his arms and began in a language that may as well be heard as a mixture of Klingon and a moose’s mating call. Unfortunately, the wolves saw it as a battle invitation instead and started to charge upon him.

Ooooh fuck!” Louis jumped backwards, subconsciously sprouting a huge wall of dirt just between him and the three wolves. Then there was a thud. Did the wolves just…face planted themselves on the wall? Soon enough, a mild whimpering was heard followed by their rapid footsteps. Louis peeked over the wall, which slowly shrinks. Thankfully enough he managed to scare them away. He just hoped Orion could take care of the wolves as good as he did…even when it was by sheer luck.

Katerina Vilken
Monster Raid || In Progress
Partner: Quinn Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

tumblr_inline_oe8hngJTmf1tgsn29_500.gif

The view of the landscape of Miasto from her train window kept Katerina's attention through the whole train ride. The scenes that moved past were reminiscent of those from a picture book. On the way, she has seen everything from bustling cities to small farms. She enjoyed trips like this because they reminded her that her entire world wasn't confined to the academy, which could easily become suffocating. Miasto gave her the opportunity to breathe. Trains were a luxury she usually couldn't afford, but today was different. It wasn't a leisurely train ride for the hell of it- the academy would never allow such a thing. She was given a train ticket because she had a mission to complete today: there was an anonymous tip that tenebrae would be appearing at the mansion of a man named Crassus. It was just a tip, so there was a good chance that nothing would really happen, so, instead of sending real magisters, magisters in training were sent. If nothing happened, then there weren't magisters sitting there, wasting their time. If something happened… well, the magisters in training could probably take it.

It wasn't a horribly long train ride. Upon arrival, Kat stepped off the train and asked a passerby for directions to the mansion. The stroll through the city was dreamy. She almost couldn't believe that tenebrae were supposed to be attacking tonight. The better question was how the hell someone could have an idea of when tenebrae were attacking. She was sure that there was some way. Perhaps she would learn after graduating. When she graduated. Not if. With the hell she'd been put through, she'd be damned if she wasn't going to graduate. When she arrived to the large mansion, she felt overcome by the sheer gaudiness of it. She had been the child of people who were well off and she had seen her fair share of mansions owned by people who had more money than they knew what to do with. However, this one was obnoxiously decorated, like the owned felt the need to overcompensate for something or like he needed everyone to know he was rich. She guessed there was some underlying insecurity there. Despite her current financial status, Katerina knew how to recognize there nuances among the rich because she had spend so much time with them when she was younger and had a family.

The brunette stepped up to the large doors and knocked sharply before taking a step back and waiting. She could hear the shuffling of people behind the doors- servants, she guessed. Her prediction turned into truth when a woman wearing the outfit of a traditional maid opened the door. She gave Katerina a quizzical look, trying to figure out why she was there. The scrutiny of the woman would have made anyone else uncomfortable; but Katerina had outgrown the days when she cared about what this sort of crowd thought of her. She stood there, in her scruffy tennis shoes, ripped jeans, loose shirt, and old, well-worn jacket, with a total air of indifference that any teenager would have.

"Can I help you?" Asked the maid, trying to deal with the problem standing in front of her.

"Magister in training. You called because of the possible tenebrae attack?"

Her question was met with a quick shake of the head. "One of you showed up just five minutes ago."

"No, I don't think so, lady, I'm the one that took the mission." Kat informed her, rather skeptical. She guessed the woman was making it up just to get her out of her hair, though she wasn't sure that disliking the magister sent was a strong enough reason to accept the possibility of being powerless to an attack.

"I'll show you."

The girl was soon proven wrong. The woman opened the door and allowed Kat to enter. She followed the stout, older woman to a small room in which a familiar girl was waiting. Two inches shorter than herself with olive skin and an inability to care about anything other than her Goddess forsaken affiliation. Through reflex, she clenched her fists. Of all people.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

Malachai Walker
Protect the Boss || In Progress
Partner: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

555fd0e44d5097170204a9fbc931f9af.jpg

A sweet breeze ruffled light brown hair. The weather was beautiful. Sunlight made the world look bright and new to Malachai's eyes. He enjoyed the outdoors quite a lot, at least when put next to Ajax, whom he guessed would much rather be napping than participating in the mission. However, the brown eyed boy had managed to convince his friend to join him by pointing out that, with the money they earned, they could buy the most luxurious, expensive lunch option. For two boys who often just shared meager sandwiches made by Kai himself, the pricier lunch was holy. Eating it was a nearly religious experience. So, like monks on a trip to their holy land, they strode to the massive residence of a Duke. Like a monument, it was decorated with superb craftsmanship. It was the best estate money could buy. There were massive gardens complete with a pond and stables for the Duke's horses. The building itself was rather high, giving off an imposing image that demanded respect. It really just took Kai's breath away better than any pretty girl could.

The aesthetically wonderful outdoors created a drastic juxtaposition with the current task at hand. They were supposed to escort the Duke's daughter to an arranged marriage of sorts with some lord. Her name was... Jessica? Janice? Something like that. As they approached the doors of the Duke's home, Kai glanced over to his good friend. "Why do you think she keeps running away? I bet he's ugly. Or super old," he speculated. If he were in her shoes, those were pretty good reasons to run away. Having to spend your life with someone you find unattractive- that was possibly the worst relationship imaginable to the attraction-anima-weilder. Being married to an old man was equally unpleasant, if not more so. He ran his fingers through his chestnut locks and waited for Ajax to knock on the door.

Do you think she's hot?" asked, a sense of casualness coating his words. It was like talking about the weather to him. "If she is, I call dibs. Wait, actually, no. If she's cute, you should go for her. You never go after girls; you should really give it a shot. But, if you don't want her, I'll take her."

While he spoke, he completely forgot that he was talking about a girl who was about to get married. It didn't matter to him all that much; commitment was overrated and she obviously wasn't very keen on committing to this guy seeing how she needed to be practically babysat. Malachai was more interested in the prospect of getting his long time friend some action. He didn't know how Ajax did it. Being alone in a romantic sense seemed ridiculously bland. He had never seen the blonde boy even show interest in a girl. Or a boy, for that matter. Either he was just totally uninterested or he was good at hiding it. Kai was still trying to figure out which of the two it was.

Moments passed and the door swung open to reveal a tall man in a butler's uniform. Of course the Duke would never bother doing such menial tasks as opening the door to his daughter's escorts. The man gave a short greeting before inviting them to step inside. The magister in training put his hands in his pockets and looked around the house in amazement as they walked. Never before had he seen such wealth so casually displayed. It was both enchanting and overwhelming, but never veered on the side of being ostentatious. They were led to a luxurious, richly decorated parlor in which the Duke was sitting, speaking to his daughter. The butler announced their presence and the Duke's gaze turned towards the two boys.

"Here they are," he told his daughter, who responded with a perplexed look. "These are the gentlemen who will be escorting you Lord Jamal's mansion."

The daughter was completely aghast at the news. She was about to protest when her father cut her off. "Gentleman, allow me to introduce you to my daughter, Jasmine."

Kai finally got a good look at the girl. She was rather pretty, with dark hair and bright eyes. He looked at Ajax and whispered. Final decision?"

Then, he stepped forward and took the girls hand, placing a kiss on it. He flashed a signature dazzling smile at the girl before introducing himself. "My name is Malachai Walker. This is my partner," he gestured towards the nearly white haired boy, "Ajax. We're magisters in training. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Last edited:
Robert Daze
Interactions: Uriah Makomin Makomin Kaia Polaris. Polaris.

"Dammit Kaia," Rob muttered under his breath as she changed his name to Robo, but made no move to correct her because his eye was caught by the a glittering diamond set into some sort of intricate display piece. He had no idea what it was supposed to be, but that diamond was roughly the size of his fist. And it didn't look all that hard to take out too. "I have a lot of middle names apparently." Jasmine was extremely pretty, but he had a nine hour walk to hit on her. That diamond on the other hand... They were unfortunately shooed out of the room, but he snuck a few other assorted gems into his pocket on the way down before they were shown to a new room, even grander than before.

"Food sounds great. Preferably sooner rather than later," Rob agreed. He moved around the room, pretending to be interested in his surroundings while subtly plucking out a few more gems. But after several minutes passed, he started to get a bit restless. "I'll go see what's holding her up," he said. On his way back up the stairs, he took his time. None of the guards had followed him so he was free to pilfer a few more small precious stones. Reaching the door, he knocked lightly on it.

"Jasmine?" No answer. He knocked a bit louder and called her name again. Trying the door, it was locked. After a bit of a struggle he managed to force it open. Frowning at the chair that lay on the floor, having previously been wedged against the door, he glanced around the room. Jasmine was nowhere to be seen. The window was open, with the curtains ripped and part of it hanging out of it. Striding over to it, he looked down, just in time to see her reach the ground. She looked up and met his eyes and for a moment she was frozen in place before she started running.

"Shit." He ran to the door, yelling down to his two friends. "Guys she got out through the window!" With that he ran back to the window (not before stopping to grab the diamond he had been eyeing previously) and slid down the curtains after her.

A J A X

[FONT=‘karla’][/FONT]
Protect the Boss || Requiem City || Malachai & Ajax || In Progress

Even with the warm weather, shivers ran down his spine the moment a gentle breeze passed by causing the male to tuck his hands inside his hoodie jacket. White hair fluttered against the wind, rough and unintentionally messy. His hands were covered by black fingerless leather gloves yet he found himself wanting another layer. Ajax yawned stretching his arms skyward, cracking his neck and releasing the tension in his body. Inhaling the cool air was a calming experience as he walked alongside Kai, who was much more willing to finish this quest. At first, Ajax was skeptical like always but the other brunet was convincing when he wanted to be. While Ajax was completely content with sandwiches for the rest of his life, Kai did make a good point. The meal they wanted was limited edition and not to mention the absurd price for a bowl of food which meant they needed to act fast.

He could already observe see the towering building from afar and as they reach closer to the front gates, Ajax shrugged at Kai’s question. “Maybe she’s into girls,” he replied logically. That would be a pretty darn good reason to run away whenever opportunity shows itself. “Who is she marrying again? Some old goat? Did you read the mission request?” He only knew he was sending off some noble woman to her doom and get quick cash in return. Since Ajax had always kept emotions on the side, he didn’t really care if what the goal was as long as he and his friend got paid.

In a world where deaths are rampant and exams could mean the end of a dream, Ajax has secluded himself away from befriending many yet the very few he has, he is protective over. Met since the young age of sixteen, Ajax can only find himself completely relaxed around Kai knowing the male had never had been disillusioned. Rising in rankings had its pros and cons and Ajax found it irking how people developed ideas about how he should behaved or what he should do because of his position but with Kai? There was no pretense between them. Malachai had never treated him differently or expected Ajax to act a certain way. They were just Machalai and Ajax and that was the beauty with their relationship. If he had to choose one person he wanted to be near him for eternity, it was hands down his best friend and sandwich chef.

Upon arrival, they passed the gates and knocked on the door, waiting for an answer as Kai started to begin his line of questioning. “Whether she looks like a donkey or a flower, we’re still sending her off to her grave. Best not to get attached,” Ajax answered honestly. “I’m not really interested,” his words were cold and brief but he gave Kai a small smile. “She’s all yours. Just make sure she doesn’t cling to you afterwards. Can’t have my only friend be the new Duke of Requiem. Though…I guess food wouldn’t be a problem.”

That thought faded the moment the butler opened the door with a slight bow in greeting before inviting them to follow him inside. He took some time to glance over the spacious and timeless decors. It was ridiculously big for just one man and his daughter but the rest of the space was for animals as well as servants. Ajax focused on the task at hand as he entered from the large double doors and into the living area. The Duke acknowledged the two after the butler’s introduction and they were ushered to stand in front of the Duke and his daughter. Ajax shifted his attention back to the long raven hair babe with bright green eyes with a sense of spirit and defiance swimming in the pools of verdant. Her olive complexion made the girl more exotic and she looked like more trouble than Ajax was ready for. The platinum blonde leaned towards his friend before extending his hand towards Jasmine as if implying, ‘definitely yours’. Malachai quickly turned on his charms, wooing greeting the to-be duchess with a self introduction. Ajax only raised his hand to show his presence when Kai mentioned his name.

“We’ll make sure you get there in one piece,” Ajax nodded but he made no promises on any broken hearts. The only cons about being friend with Kai was he has seen more naked bodies than he wanted to and tears were not a rarity. Those who get attached gets burned and when Ajax gets confronted about his friend’s sleeping habits, he would brush it off. Who are you to tell him what he can and can’t do? Jasmine already seemed enamored by Kai’s charms and Ajax figured it would be less of an incentive for her to run off when she was too busy thinking of a way to get into his pants. Alright, he was one step closer to his food.

“The pleasure is all mine,” she smiled shyly at him before retracting her hand.

The Duke looked baffled at his daughter’s change in attitude but assumed it meant less trouble for the arrange marriage. “We have a carriage outside to deliver you and these two gentlemen to Lord Jamar’s place. There will be plenty of rest stops for some food and rest,” the Duke announced their short itinerary. “The footman will have the directions. Please make sure she gets there safely,” he nodded once to the both of them. “You will be rewarded once she arrives to Lord Jamar’s mansion.”

With tears in her eyes, Jasmine grasped her father’s hand in hers. “Please father, I beg you to reconsider. I do not want to marry a man fifty years my senior.”

“If you leave now, you will make it two days before your wedding. This is what is best for you, my child,” the Duke replied firmly.

As Ajax watched the drama scene play out in front of him, he held back another yawn. “Looks like your guess was right,” he whispered, leaning closer to his friend. “She is marrying an old goat.”

When Jasmine realized that her father wasn’t budging, she reluctantly pulled her hands away before the three of them were guided outside to the carriage. The footman opened the door for them to climb inside before the horses trotted off to their first destination. Inside the spacious yet enclosed space, Ajax and Kai sat beside each other and across from Jasmine. The tension radiated from the young female was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. She looked up at Kai hopefully, wondering how they have the heart to follow orders.

“I feel like I’ve lost everything,” she muttered ruefully, sniffling. “H-how can my father just forsaken me like that? I have never experienced love and now I am to be wedded to an ancient brute! My freedom and my life is no longer mine.”

Ajax let out a strangled cough. Emotional breakdown wasn’t his cup of tea. With a quick glance at Kai, he gave him a confused look as if to say, “Do something before she starts crying.” He only kept his mouth shut because if he opened it he would definitely mention that he was paid to escort her and not to listen to her problems. That would have to cost extra.

Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back