• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Story
Banner_Story.png
Heralding in the age of reason, progress, mechanization and industry, the Victorian era signaled the dawning of a new age. Top hats and top shelf manners. High society, and high risk colonial ventures. Carriages, bustles, pubs and pocket watches. The human race was flourishing. But, humans were never the only creatures walking the cobblestone streets now were they? Creatures with inhuman speed, strength and raw, bestial power have long lived among the ordinary beings, quietly, for dozens of centuries. Gods, walking among men, tethered by the moon's call - men who turned into massive beasts at whim.

But science knew no limitation. Human physicians, tinkerers, engineers of the body, one day, created something...inhuman. Something unnatural. The world's first
vampire. With a clockwork heart - out of man monsters were made. The first vampire's creation broke the natural world order. Time stopped. Forever frozen in twilight, the sun and moon no longer rose and fell. The moon-called beasts became unstable, no longer able to control their inner animal. It wasn't long, before the monsters of the world made themselves known. For blood. In wrath & rage. Bloodlust maddened both immortal species.
From this single act, Werebeast and Vampire became mortal enemies. A queen rose up from the ranks of the moon-called - the oldest, most terrifying Beast alive -
The Midnight Jackal - to lead the war against the abominations, whose creation disrupted the natural balance and stole the sun. And in turn, The Leech King stood for his silver-fanged brethren to fight the Beasts, whose blood was so sweet, so succulent and tempting.

Nearly a millennium passed, just so. Fang against fang. Claw against sword. Blood and slaughter and war. Immortals reigned supreme, and humans became fodder and background. Still, society continued. Humans reproduced much faster than the immortal races. Scientists continued to tinker. Steam became a modern wonder, able to become mechanicalized and weaponized.

Amidst war and industry, in the perpetual twilight of New Londontown, religious zealots, armed with science and technology rose to power. A common threat to both immortal races was born. They called themselves...
Templars. Holy knights of God, set to cleanse the world of all immortal, ungodly abominations. Their mission is simple: to destroy all supernatural beings. In their hubris and blood-hunger, the Templar scientists created a new, awful race of creatures who might stand a chance against the vampires and beasts. The Mephisto. An unholy creature, born of death and rot. Their leader was mysterious, said to have been a Templar himself before madness encouraged his betrayal, taking all the knowledge of their creations with him.

The Beast Queen and Vampire Lord met with the Mephisto leader, and together, all three immortal species made a pact. Self-preservation. For the first time in history, humans powered by industry and unnatural science stood a chance at annihilating the god-like creatures who lived among them. The three monarchs made an alliance. It was called
The Red Oath. Mercia, the beast queen, the Paradin vampires, the Mephisto king all vowed to disband their warriors - to forsake old grudges and wars - for the sake of survival against the Templars, with their steam-powered airships and weapons. The immortals went underground. Guerrilla wars were fought. Leaderless, they killed when they could. Cloak and dagger. Shadow and smoke. Until the day, ten years from the time The Red Oath was made...when the Beasts, the Vampires and the Mephisto would come together once more, and assess the state of affairs… But it never came to pass.

The Jackal was missing, not a single soul knew of her whereabouts; and the Mephisto King was murdered by his right hand accomplice,
Rosemary Unsworth at the precipice of the scheduled meeting. The Templars took these tragedies in stride, and raged a monumental battle upon all supernatural kind; led by Holly Whilshire, the most highly regarded soldier of the Templar faction. She personally led the attack, bombing the Cheapside neighbourhood where many of the supernatural factions made base. On the ground, she defeated The Leech King, severing his head in victory, and crushing the ticking heart in his chest. It would be that moment that all the world would change.

Kestrel and Mercia, leaders at odds, but not in spirit. The two were a
mated pair, souls entwined beyond the physical world and belief. As one perished, so did the other. The supernatural factions crumbled in their wake, and succumbed to the Templar victory.
Rosemary Unsworth of the Mephisto surrendered to the Templars, returning to them the knowledge of Mephisto creation, as well as providing her services as the creator of their lifeblood,
The Serum. Her race, traitors by proxy, were murdered, those that would survive either finding temporary asylum with the Templars as part of the army, or by hiding away until their death without the Serum to keep them alive.
Maeve Donovan, General of the Werebeasts, assisted any and all who wished to flee the city as it burned. Vampire and Beast kin headed to Port Thames. Boats carried them to distant shores under the cover of darkness.

But, most miraculous of all that would come to pass from the Templar’s victory… A dawn.
Sun, brilliant and golden, began to rise once again, and the moon in all her cool glow began to disappear. As such, the world, and time itself, started to breath life again with each continuous cycle.

A world parched of the sun for so long would surely have it’s difficulties adjusting to this new ball of fire, but they were nothing compared to the many advancements the humans would make. Solar rays were collected and harvested, and soon electricity was born! Bulbs replaced flames, and steam engines began to fire up behind at the smallest spark. The Templars with their vast technology were praised for their efforts, and while no one could determine a true cause for the sun’s return, many believed Holly to be their savior.
She would lead the Holy Order in a new direction, spearheading the division of troops. Under her leadership,
The Blood Sisters; a band of females not so unlike herself whom carry the will of God and bare the names of his archangels. And, in turn, a division of male-dominant crusaders, The 84th Legion, under the command of The Patriarch. The Blood Sisters would become feared for their brutality, while the 84th Legion excelled in pushing the mechanical advancement limitations of mortal kind, fond of body modifications and artillery. Together, the two teams became the faces of holy conquest, warriors of justice and peace.

With New Londontown liberated, all of England was not far behind. Vampire and Beast that survived fled across the world, finding new ways of life and trying to remain unseen. The Templar’s influence spread quickly at news of their successes, making that reality few and far between.
Those that survived Holly’s battle landed on the shores of America, a fresh and new world, young and wealthy… and so very different from it’s English motherland. They have settled in the warm and eclectic city of New Orleans, Louisiana.
Whispers are beginning to spread in this foreign land that Maeve is the new Queen of Beasts, while
Cecile Bellerose, Kestrel’s right hand, has taken power over the Paradin vampires, and been making her claim on the vampires of America. But, the threat of the Templars is ever looming, and Holly’s wrath is far from over. They must come together to save their races, or risk becoming extinct.

Last edited:
Races
Banner_Races.png

Race_Vampires.jpg
Vampires
Legend holds that it was the creation of the first Vampire that broke time. The making of a monster and immortal through both magical and scientific means. There are not many Vampires, mainly because it costs a great deal to make one, and few of even vampirekind know the secret. However, it is well-known that every Vampire has a ticking, clockwork heart. Where these mythical metal hearts come from, no one is certain. The birth of a Vampire is extremely risky for the maker. It involves draining a human to the point of death, and then the removal of their once mortal heart and replacing it with the clockwork organ giving power & immortality.
Vampires are unaging, not unkillable. The only known methods of killing a Vampire include beheading and removal of the heart. Some say it is best to burn the bodies, but this is unverified. Vampiric speed is incredible. Supernaturally strong, these monsters can lift, at record, several tons if necessary. It is said that a whisper on a busy night in a crowded square can reach the ears of a bloodrinker. They do not naturally have fangs, like Beasts, but often adopt silver or gold caps for their canines to help with feeding.
Vampires are highly susceptible to the sun. The ways in which damage is taken is dependent on the age of the Vampire. Younger, freshly made Vampires (0-200) will instantly disintegrate under even a stray ray, or reflection of light. Vampires in their middle ages (201-500) will burn and crisp quickly under direct and indirect light, and need to seek shelter immediately. Aged, Elder Vampires that are over 500 years old will be able to slip under indirect light, but still find stings of pain on their skin. Many wear sun-blocking glasses as their eyes are sensitive, and don thick, tight-weaved clothing to protect themselves at all costs. Best to travel and converse in the cover of night.

Race_Beasts.jpg
Werebeasts
This mysterious race is the oldest immortal race in the known world, having been alive as far back as Ancient Egyptian times. Once, these immortals were gods among humankind, and lived in sync with the natural order. Thus, the long-burning hatred and war with the blood-drinkers, who froze the world in eternal twilight. For centuries Beasts were also known as 'Moon-Called' for lunar rays were said to enhance their desire to shift into their animal forms. They can become moon-crazed, and self-destruct. Madness was kept at bay with the use of 'collars', an accessory to help keep them bound to their human forms. With the return of the sun, these devices are no longer required, and beasts may transform at will.
They form very unique, strong matebonds with their destined lovers. Like the vampires, Beasts are immortal, and possess supernatural strength, speed, hearing and their scent-based tracking abilities are incredible.
In a one-to-one fight, because of age and experience, Beasts are more likely to win a battle, but the Beasts are one of the rarer species. They fight with natural fangs, and their beast forms. Most cannot half transform, despite popular lore.
Under this new world sun, Beasts find their skin to prickle as it tans easily. Their eyes, like Vampires, are sensitive to the brightness, and you will often find them wearing sun-blocking glasses. They do not fear the sunlight and many embrace it, as their ancestors of old once did.

Race_Templar.jpg
Templars
The Templars, with science, have finally created something that can fight with the immortal gods. But are they strictly human? Fueled with righteous, holy glory, some of the Templars have elected for a...procedure, replacing approximately half of their human bodies with steam-powered machinery. Offensive weapons, & a steam-core, allow these clockwork Knights to survive in battles with Beasts and Vampires. Their mechanical enhancements give them superhuman strength, & endurance. They can take a blow from an immortal and keep firing.
They have neither the immortal hearing, nor smell, but most have eye enhancements that allow them inhuman sight. Flamethrowers & blunderbuss attachments are common. These half-man, half-machine Knights are not immortal...or are they? In a fair fight, these Knights can't hope to win against an immortal. But fights are rarely fair.
Mortals love their new glorious sun, and find any excuse they can to bathe in it. They will tan and burn easily, as their skin is naturally pale from centuries of darkness, but they have embraced it with vigor.

Last edited:
Available Roles
Available Roles
These are flexible concepts based on desired plot devices or character balancing. You may change their Alias, Nationality, and Face Claim to suit your desires.

Judge.jpg
The General of the Blood Sisters, The Judge is a curious member of the order. Unlike her fellow sisters-in-arms, she is often calm, quiet, and observant before making a move. All things in her life have purpose, and all things are done with intention. She is a healer among them, but also one of the strongest. She is reviewed as Holly's right-hand and bodyguard, which she takes in stride. Her biggest flaws are her pride and often snarky attitude.

Augur.jpg
The Augur didn't watch their village burn, or their loved ones be killed by immortals like so many Templars, who are bent on destroying the monsters that infect the world. It's simply a very convenient calling for someone who is above all two things: a thrill seeker, and a murderer. She does not kill out of blood lust, rather a sterile desire to see how immortal bodies...tick. There is no better quarry for a hunter like The Augur than the immortal Vampires, Mephisto and Beasts. They have a special penchant for Mephisto, and desperately seek out the knowledge of how they are created. The Augur is a shameless flirt who can't help but ruffle their captain, Holly's feathers. But the feathers they would like to pluck the most are Maeve Donovan's. The Augur has a special fascination with winged Beasts.

Last edited:
i wasnt gonna apply for any (more) rps but this concept is hella rad & hit ALL MY GOOD SPOTS IN ONE GO!! heavy interest in the cowboy or the turncoat.

This looks really great!
Wish I could join ^^"

Why don't you?
:blowkiss:
i wasnt gonna apply for any (more) rps but this concept is hella rad & hit ALL MY GOOD SPOTS IN ONE GO!! heavy interest in the cowboy or the turncoat.
You're so kind!
The Turncoat has a lot of plot devices ready to go and is super desired <3
I'd love to see your apps!

heck yeah! i'm happy to hear that! i do have a question about the rp samples—how long do they have to be? i'm a bit new to roleplaying, so i don't really have any longform rp samples to show, but i do have a lot of paragraph-long samplers in different genres i have ready to go.

heck yeah! i'm happy to hear that! i do have a question about the rp samples—how long do they have to be? i'm a bit new to roleplaying, so i don't really have any longform rp samples to show, but i do have a lot of paragraph-long samplers in different genres i have ready to go.
Sure!
Just send whatever you have, length doesn't matter so much
as we're just trying to get a sense of literacy.
🥰

I have a rule about not joining RPs with external OOC chats ^^"
Oh! That's fair,
We just moved over to Discord a few months ago and really love it there,
so we likely won't be moving back to Forum chat.
But, if you ever change your mind, I'd love to see an application from you!
:csmile:

I'm excited to see it!
Any role(s) in particular catch your eye?
The patriarch sounds exactly like the type of dude I'd love to work for as or play as. I've always wanted to play a ruthless and misguided soul, driven by faith alone.

The turncoat is definitely my style, but it's a tried and true route for me. While I love neutral characters, I wanna try something new.

And lastly the cowboy. Full of youthful exuberance or middleaged angst, wanting to experience the romanticized version of the outside world(in this case adventure across the ocean). Only to find out we're not in Kansas anymore.

I'm considering any of these :3

The patriarch sounds exactly like the type of dude I'd love to work for as or play as. I've always wanted to play a ruthless and misguided soul, driven by faith alone.

The turncoat is definitely my style, but it's a tried and true route for me. While I love neutral characters, I wanna try something new.

And lastly the cowboy. Full of youthful exuberance or middleaged angst, wanting to experience the romanticized version of the outside world(in this case adventure across the ocean). Only to find out we're not in Kansas anymore.

I'm considering any of these :3
Yaaaas!
This makes me so happy.

The Patriarch is a personal Fav of mine. I think he has a lot of potential for wicked plot devices!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Hello, friends~! I play the Samurai role and like most of us have moved over to RPN to see what kind of great stories we can brew up!

Interest this quick is really great to see, makes my heart super happy.

As far as role - I'm biased and will always push for anyone to fill the pirate and cowboy roles- 🤠🏴‍☠️
but I can't deny how enticing the Patriarch role looks.

I love this! It is very detailed and I definitely can see myself taking the possible Pirate role!

Hello, friends~! I play the Samurai role and like most of us have moved over to RPN to see what kind of great stories we can brew up!

Interest this quick is really great to see, makes my heart super happy.

As far as role - I'm biased and will always push for anyone to fill the pirate and cowboy roles- 🤠🏴‍☠️
but I can't deny how enticing the Patriarch role looks.
Cowboy and Pirate are pretty hot commodities ;)
You've heard it here, folks!

I love this! It is very detailed and I definitely can see myself taking the possible Pirate role!
Thank you!
I look forward to seeing your Application! <3

I'm so excited by all of the interest everyone has been showing! :closed eyes open smile: Particularly that interest in the Patriarch. Hope we get some more interest in the Templar roles as they are vital to the plot line and the ones we're hoping to fill the most!
<3 Give the souls fighting for the mortal race some love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back