[ out of character chat ]

deer

ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴɢs & sᴏᴀʀ

GM

Co-GM

Co-GM

welcome to the out-of-character chat thread! discuss and chatter! keep in mind the site's rules. thank you & have fun!
note: pictures are clickable!​

Last edited:
Hi!! ^-^

PSA: For anyone who wants to get ahold of me at any time during this roleplay, I’d suggest doing it here over discord, because while I have discord I don’t check it often at all

aurnia aurnia ; not a problem at all !
i’ll mostly be making use of the the extra pages area to make the “lore” and “other” along with the “cs” so that members who don’t have a discord can still have all the information they need and etc.!

besides, i used to love seeing like 10+ pages of ooc on rpn’s site because it used to be popping before discord was allowed to be used in terms of ooc , hehe.

Last edited:
I was wondering if we are required to use the template given for the coding of the cs? I'll admit I don't normally use coding, and what I do is very minimal. I have no problem using it, I just wanted to ask! I think I've figured out at least where everything is to input information

aurnia aurnia ; non ! the template code provided doesn't necessary have to be used if you don't want to! i just happened to have made the code with the information needed inside just in case there are members who want a code! you just need to have the information provided! coding isn't necessary as long as the sheet is organised and the likes ! < 33

aurnia aurnia ; great question ! although back then the royals were quite young, in this roleplay, i would prefer all of the characters to be at least 20 years of age! that being said, your character can potentially already be a queen/king of their kingdom if not a prince/princess or chief/leader etc. depending on the cultural and government aspect of your kingdom.

Last edited:
Abendrot Abendrot ; here is the out of character thread ! there’s links to the character sign up and i will send you the discord link soon (if you use it) !

CHARACTER SIGN-UP INFORMATION

GM
hello everyone! it's mera! i have some more information regarding the character applications!

one; each player should only have one post that includes both your character and kingdom applications. the reason i'd like for the characters and kingdoms to be together in one post for each player is because it's much easier to navigate in the threads that way! also, for organisation's sake, to differentiate between your character and kingdom application, you can separate the information using the tab code (or you can put it in the same code, it is up to your discretion)! if you need help or more clarification, let me know!

two; although i have sent a template of the character sheet that combines both the character application and kingdom application, you don't have to use the given code! you are free to use a different code or no code at all! as long as my co-gms and the players can differentiate between application and read your application!

three; i prefer for everyone's character to be at least 20 years of age. although back in history, the rulers and royals were quite young in age, for this roleplay, i'd like for our characters to be a bit older. at the same time, because of the difference in age, depending on your kingdom's culture, government, etc. your character can very well be a queen/king/chieftan/etc. of their kingdom already or they can still be a prince/princess/etc. of their kingdom. each character has their own story and it just relates to your kingdom's lore. also, your characters can already be wedded, divorced, etc. etc. if you'd like as well. however, i'd prefer that no characters are pregnant. other than that, the sky's the limit!

four; i prefer realistic pictures and faceclaim - my mind can't wrap around cartoon, anime, manga, and etc. photos because the setting is quite realistic and thankfully, there are shows such as Merlin, GoT, Reign, Tudors, etc. that can help visualise the setting of the roleplay. that being said, unfortunately, there are some faceclaims that i'd love to avoid from usage such as musicians (singers, bands, etc.), the "overused" face claims such as lily collins, katherine mcnamara, cole sprouse, camila mendez, emma watson, and lucky blue smith. everyone else is up for grabs and if you need help finding historical face claims, i'd love to help!

i believe that is all for now, if i have anymore questions regarding the character and kingdom applications, i will add to this information post!

tags: cherub cherub , Rhaine Rhaine , aurnia aurnia , beebim beebim , boyguro boyguro , vesania vesania , BLK BLK , Abendrot Abendrot , WhispFlick WhispFlick , ThaDruid ThaDruid

Last edited:
KINGDOM SIGN-UP INFORMATION

GM
yoo-hooo ! guess who it is again! c'est moi! a big shout-out and thank you to boyguro boyguro for being on top of things -- honestly, she's helping me by asking so many questions in regards to clarifying the application process! i appreciate you so much! on that note, it has come to my attention that i have done messed up. aaaah, i apologise for being such a spazz everyone!

i have just recently updated both the first post and the second post of the character sign up thread sheets because there were some information that were missing on both sheets in regards to the kingdom application and i'd hate to confuse you guys any further! the actual character sheets and it's information have been updated so that they provide the same information needed to fill out for the application!

if you have any other questions, please let me know! i hope adding some helpful information next to the information required will help clarify what i'm looking for!

tags: cherub cherub , Rhaine Rhaine , aurnia aurnia , beebim beebim , boyguro boyguro , vesania vesania , BLK BLK , Abendrot Abendrot , WhispFlick WhispFlick , ThaDruid ThaDruid

athereal athereal ; here is the ooc and the link to the character sheet is above! i made about two announcements here so far in regards to the character application!

let me know which country you decide on? < 33

jul jul ; here is the ooc lovely! the link to the character sheet is above ! i made two announcements here in the ooc thread so far in regards to the character application! if you have any questions , let me or my cogm's Rhaine Rhaine , cherub cherub and i know !

What's an example of a realistic population estimate do you think for a country about the size of Spain or Britain? Obviously, Ana's kingdom would be a bit larger, I just want a general idea to go off of. deer deer

aurnia aurnia ; hm . . . so from looking at some of the kingdom applications currently, the population estimate that seemed to be chosen was around the 1800s - 2000s annex consensus (which is definitely fine. with me). Spain is perhaps around the 40 millions areas and Britain probably around the 60 millions area, so perhaps Russia can be around the 100millions, methinks?

aurnia aurnia ; hm . . . so from looking at some of the kingdom applications currently, the population estimate that seemed to be chosen was around the 1800s - 2000s annex consensus (which is definitely fine. with me). Spain is perhaps around the 40 millions areas and Britain probably around the 60 millions area, so perhaps Russia can be around the 100millions, methinks?
I have 23 mil for my country, which was roughly the population of the HRE in 1700. Should I raise that to compare well w/everyone else?

Abendrot Abendrot ; i actually think your population estimate is perfect ! but you're free to up the population estimate if you'd like !

So I'm not entirely sure which exact time period we're going for, but it looks like we're at least in or past the Renaissance bit still pre-industrial. I would probably take a look at the 1500-1800 censuses to gauge the appropriate population

SIGN-UP ANNOUCEMEMT & INFORMATION

GM
hello everyone! this section of the announcement post is required for every player's input -- please respond to this ooc thread accordingly!

the roleplay is set during the medival time period (400AD til 1400s) -- so definitely looking back in the 1400s would gauge a better perspective in regards to the time setting of the roleplay accurately for aspects of everyone's kingdom in regards to pop. size. (the cses that are being worked on right now have pop. estimated sizes to be around the 1700s-2000s time period which is fine, but there may still be some 'inaccuracy' and correlation to kingdom sizes). since it's historical fiction, the accuracy isn't necessary but choosing a specific estimate of population can definitely help others in terms of collaborating with others in term of size for said kingdom and etc!

so, gauging the 1400s-1500s or so, the population estimated could be as follow:
Spain and Portugal are around 3-7 million. (so the 10 million in the CS for Portugal is quite alright with me)
Russia and Austria are around 6 million. (so this may be a little bit on the tricky side)
France around 12 - 18 million.
Germany around 3-11 million.
England is around 3-7 million.

so I know in the cs india has approx. 400ish million, if we go by the 1400s-1500s and nearby areas, india could approx have a pop. estimate of 100-120 million.

cherub cherub , Rhaine Rhaine , aurnia aurnia , Abendrot Abendrot , beebim beebim , vesania vesania , athereal athereal , BLK BLK , ThaDruid ThaDruid , WhispFlick WhispFlick , jul jul , unscripted unscripted

what do you ladies and lads think?

also, in terms of character applications -- if you make an "other" character, you can ignore the kingdom application area! your "other" character isn't a ruler so that part isn't necessary! if your "other" character is part of a kingdom that is not one of the kingdoms that players have made -- please let me know and we can work something out!

lastly, for personality traits, you, lovelies, are free to write out the 5+ virtues and vices traits with their brief description or you may write 2+ paragraph in regards to your character's personality! whichever works best!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread