• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

(Wasn't wanting to post Riley just yet, since her next post would be her in the reactor room dealing with things. Alone. Without back up. All for having her pick a five on one for some cool action hero points, but alone in the whole reactor room seems a stretch, or at least I thought so. Any thoughts?)

(No, I think it would be good, considering most of her abilities are close-quarters-combat-centric, Riley to me feels like someone who could probably pull that off.)

(No, I think it would be good, considering most of her abilities are close-quarters-combat-centric, Riley to me feels like someone who could probably pull that off.)
(Okay then, one last thing to ask before I compile a post. Would it be safe to assume that old school hammers and screwdrivers are still in use?)

(Okay then, one last thing to ask before I compile a post. Would it be safe to assume that old school hammers and screwdrivers are still in use?)
(Ehh. Maybe. Fixed with up-to-date tech? Like the Warhammer in our fight > Kabboom's post. If you mean, like, tools, then I guess so, just make them sci-fi-ish, maybe?)

Exultation and readied enjoyment were not high, nor low, nor anywhere else on the list of feelings Riley was feeling as her bare feet padded silently on the maintenance catwalk above the main reactor room. There were easily ten Smierc alone, thankfully all hunters. They were the ones she could immediately see any how, she didn't know how many more were placing there packages here or there, and she didn't necessarily want to find out. Still, from her perspective she could easily tell they were planting bombs.

Casting her eyes about for anything she could potentially use to help, her sight eventually fell on a trio of bags left unattended near the middle of the catwalk. Moving quickly, she opened each one and started taking a quick inventory. There were five high powered screwdrillers. Simple, straight handle with a spinning rod that screwed things. Those were called screwdrillers right? Bah, didn't matter. Continuing her digging revealed a pair of high strength, fancy alloy hand hammers. There was also a length of durable yet light chain, multiple rolls of duct tape and a number of nails easily the length of her hand. Working quickly, she used the tape to secure a number of nails to one of the ends of the chain so that it was weighted well.

Securing only one of the bags, having emptied it of everything that she didn't need and putting in the items she planned to keep, she stalked across the walkway as she moved closer to the edge, picking out one target in particular who was a distance away from everyone else. Dropping directly onto his back, she locked her arm around its neck and squeezed, feeling her strength almost immediately burst it's shield before slamming down on its neck. It the vertebrae snapping hadn't killed it, the crushed esophagus would have.

Moving up to the corner, she pulled out a single nail and dropped it. Her senses serving her well as she 'saw' only one Smierc come to look, she reached around the corner and slammed a fist into his face, breaking the shield in time for a screwdriller to bore deep into his skull. Pulling the corpse around the corner, she moved forward around one of the reactors to find that she did so in unison to a Smierc coming the other way. Both stared at each other for a long moment, seconds passing like hours before the Smierc suddenly reached for his sidearm. In response Riley hurled one of the hammers at him, the tool striking against shield and body so hard it bent under the pressure and sank lethally into the alien's chest.

That said, he dropped his sidearm in the process and Riley knew she had to move. Lunging forward and around the corner, she immediately grabbed two Smierc there by the head and smashed their shielded skulls together. One was a soldier, and while his shield crackled ominously, he fared better than the hunter whose skull was caved by his compatriots armour. Shoving a driller through the chin of the soldier, his shields no match for the force of the spinning metal, she kicked his body back, scattering any reinforcements ready to open fire. Leaping up magnificently, Riley alighted back up to the walkways and took off across it as crystals began to pepper the area around her. Leaping back down from the cat walk at one of the more isolated troops, she slammed another driller into him, utilising her momentum to utterly crush his defence, as well as his spine as he toppled backwards at mid waist unnaturally.

Rolling with the landing, Riley came up just a foot from one of the Smierc as it made to raise its rifle. Thing was, Riley was faster. Sidearm already at the ready, barrel not even a foot from the Smierc's gut, she pulled the trigger until she heard rounds hit metal behind the target. Using the rest of her magazine to scatter the troops again and tear up the shields of the ones slower to run. Rushing forward, she dropped kick one and sent it sprawling backwards, leaving a trio for her to deal with in her immediate vicinity. Swiping the legs of the one on her left, Riley reached forward and grabbed the one in front of her roughly, hoisting him off the ground and slamming him down on his downed compatriot on her left. Both their shields broke under the force and Riley slammed a screwdriller into the top one's chest. Grabbing her last hammer in her left hand, she spun to the right and slammed the hammer into his face, breaking both shield and jaw as the hunter stumbled against the wall. Taking the moment to turn back to her left, the Smierc under the now dead one tried to get up, so she slammed the hammer down across the back of its skull. The force exerted with the stress it had already been through, the hammer cracked and the head ricocheted up into the air.

Catching the stray head deftly, Riley lashed out with a foot to strike the bewildered and broken jawed Smierc in the throat, causing him to collapse with a wet gurgle. In the distance the Hunter she'd drop kicked had risen and made to run, so Riley beaned him across the side of the head with a precise throw of the hammer's broken head. Moving to finish him, she cursed as the other nine Smierc suddenly all opened fire to cover their downed friend. Scrambling for cover, Riley cursed when, once to safety, she looked down and realised she was going to need a new dress. Hers was a mess of tears, holes and viscera. Looking to her right, she realised that she could use the pillars to throw off her enemies and get close. Leaping out, she hit the side of the pillar about five feet up, kicked off and hit the next pillar at about seven feet up, and then came down on the shocked Smierc, not expecting their enemy to take such an abject route.

As she landed she made sure to grab two Smierc and slam them into the ground, not enough to kill either, but it got them out of the way as she reached out and grabbed another by the arm, breaking it harshly as she pulled his sidearm, some shotgun type thing, and sprayed it into the crowd, peppering shields and scattering the group again. The last two rounds went into the broken armed Smierc's torso when she decided she didn't need him for a shield any longer. Tossing the weapon aside, she pulled the chain from around her and spun it deftly before slamming it across the skull of one of the two Smierc she smashed into the ground moments prior. Her next swing sent a rifle skidding across the ground as the Smierc who'd held it just a moment ago balked at the display. Taking his surprise as a gift, she lashed out with the 'whip' again, watching as it swung around his neck and burst his shield in time for the nails to skewer his throat. Wrenching the makeshift weapon free, she tried to repeat the process again only for it to snap on impact to the next Smierc. Still, she caused him to flinch, so she rushed forward and crushed the last of his defences and life with a vicious blow from her elbow to his temple.

Leaing forward she managed to catch another by surprise, the enemy having not expected her to charge, as she caught his head between a wall and the bottom of her foot as he'd crouched. Taking a moment to reload her weapon, she used it to quickly put down another two soldiers, at this point realising that all the Smierc were either on low shields or out of shielding completely.

It explained why they had gone on the defensive too, hiding around corners and behind control panels and what not. Still, Riley wasn't about to complain. Between the run her, the fights involved and the fight now, she could actually notice she was getting slightly winded, her breathing a touch quicker than it had been since she'd started. It was also a good time to reload. By the gods, she couldn't remember the last time she'd had to breath hard though.

As she tried to catch her breath a hunter leaped over the console she was ducked behind and tried to aim his sidearm at her. Responding quickly, she kicked it to the side and stepped into the open for but a second, long enough for her to register in the other five Smierc's minds, but not short enough that they could open fire before Riley jerked the now unarmed Smierc in front of her. Grinning grimly as she felt the bolts hit the poor fool, she threw him to the side and rushed forward once more.

In her charge she felt a needle bite into her leg, a little above the knee, but she paid it no heed as she continued forward. Leaping up to get a good grab, she wrapped her arm around a hunter's neck and twisted on the way down, killing it instantly. Grabbing another, she pulled the bastard into a stab from another soldier. With the soldier's blade stuck in his teammate, he stood no chance as Riley wrenched his head down and slammed a knee into his face with a sickening crunch.

For the last two Smierc, they knew it was useless. However humanity had created this... abomination before them, it was a ruthless and disgusting tactic. If it had been a Smierc plan, they would have been impressed, but as it stood they both made a break for the door, done trying to play hero for a clearly lost cause. The one in the back didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell as it's right knee shattered horribly to a ruthless kick. Dropping to a knee, it didn't even have a chance to cry out as an arm wrapped around its neck and twisted.

Walking up to the last Smierc with out worry, as it seemed unarmed, Riley watched as it scrabbled furiously against a locked door before turning around. Riley noticed two things she felt were personally important about this particular Smierc. First was the twin foot sized indentations in its chest armour, and the second was the goose-egg forming on the side of its head. With a harsh laugh, she realised this was the Smierc she'd drop kicked and the brained the with broken hammer piece.

Walking up to him calmly, she punched.

Anyone on the other side of the door would have heard the sound of her fist meeting metal.

Moving back to the main door, Riley made to open it and let her fellows in once they arrived. Instead she was met with a Smierc heavy pointing a machine gun in her face, yelling something over and over in his language...

(so sorry for not responding guys, I will be watching this more often now!)

I nodded as Katherine started bolting forward, me finishing off those she left behind. I had followed behind her until we came to the door. I stood about 10 feet away from the door and planted myself, then motioned for Katherine to get behind me. "Stand clear!" I shouted in case of others approaching, then dispersed my shield at the door, knocking it clear off it's hinges and into a Hunter. I quickly camoflauged myself and dashed into the room, screwing on a supressor to my handgun. "Kath keep 'em busy, I'm going to defuse the bombs." I said quietly, though it came out clear on her headset. "Tex, hack the reactor cam feed for me and chart a path." I asked. "What, no please?" She responded, putting the feed in the corner of my HUD. "Thank you." I said sarcastically, trying to avoid all the confused Mortus to get to where the bombs were located.

After recognizing what side I was on, most of the soldiers turned back to the Smierc, except for the two nearest to me. One of them said, "Yeah, we got it. Where's your fireteam?"

"I split up."

"You ran away from your team?" They were interrupted by one of their squadmates' brains being blown out with a crystal. "Shit! Freddy!" The two soldiers joined their team in the fight. "Hey! You gonna join us?"

"Yeah." Waiting for the right time, I sprinted from the doorway to cover, next to the nearest Union soldier. She peeked above cover, taking out a Mortus trooper with a burst from her AMR. She went back down behind cover, reloading.

She noticed me bleeding. "You're hit."

"I'm fine."

"Twice. You need a medkit."

"Save it for someone else."

"Don't blame me if you lose consciousness in the middle of the hangar. We're gonna push up and take out those last Mortus posts. Care to help?"

"Yeah, I'll charge."

"What's your name?"

"Joe."

"I'm Dettrick." She shot another burst. "You're gonna push?"

"I like offensive."

"I see." She turned to the rest of her fireteam. "Are we ready?!"

Kabboom Kabboom

Last edited:
Katherine

"Heard that. Loud and clear..." I mumbled back at the whispering, adding several nasty words along with mentioning that Captain Morrison is their superior, and that they're always supposed to follow his orders, no matter their personal opinion on him.

"OS, hack the ship and power down the reactors, in case they succeed in detonating. Keep smaller backup generators up to keep the turrets powered and firing." I said, running into the room with Miller in the lead, dashing towards the metallic wall and whipping my rifle back onto my shoulder. Holobolt turrets and crystal bolts fly past my position.

"Sure. Gimme a moment though. Actually, better yet, how about we control them from here?" A male voice replied.

"You can't see though. Unless you want to use the surveillance camera feed." I said, briefly peeking around the corner, firing a bolt clear through a confused Mortus Trooper's head, piercing his skull with bolt fragments and gore splattering the reactor, before taking cover to another burst of crystal-bolt fire.

"I think that'll work."

"And uhh... Introduce yourself to the crew later."

With that last comment, I peeked around the corner again to fire three more rounds at a trio of Smierc Knights, blowing at least one arm off by the shoulder to make sure that they can't fire their primaries, before firing at another bunch in the head. Alien screams echoed in the large room, just as the fusion reactor started powering down, and the Smierc started running for cover. At least a good... I dunno, 10 remain alive, with three of the alive, crippled.

(Sorry about the delay, as I've been testing this week for AP and IB courses. I'll try to post and update tomorrow at least, since you guys deserve something more to write with)

(I've been in out of exams, taking one next Friday and had on last Tuesday, good luck! Also guys I will try and get a post up today for everyone just to not stagnate this)

DM

A team of New Union Marines quickly headed to the reactor room, knowing that enemy Smierc Collective troops have already infiltrated the area and are planning to detonate the fusion reactors to cause a systematic structural failure in the NUSS Artemis III. The Marine Fireteam leader, Captain James Markus, indicated to the rest of his men to approach slowly. Before their very eyes, the Marines saw a Smierc Berserker staring down a presumed friendly Twisted Wolf.

"On my signal... Go."

With a quick snap to the head, the Marine fireteam knocks out the Berserker's Bio-Field and penetrates through the SKANDIA armor, forcing the now dead Smierc to slump violently to the ground.

"What's your name Twisted Wolf? Our IFF scanners are not really returning a known profile on our HUDs.", Captain Markus asked the downed Wolf. ( Pequeno Burraidh Pequeno Burraidh )

Adrian

Alright, enough is enough. We only have about 10 or so Smierc Mortus Troopers alive in the hangar. That should be easily taken care of by a simultaneous burst of our weapons. I sent out an order for a synchronized peek at the enemy to mow them down to Fireteam Nexus, making sure that everybody had a specific target before I give the command.

"Fire, fire, fire!"

In an instant, Fireteam Nexus popped out of cover to fire a synchronized shot at the remaining Smiercs, knocking out their Bio-Fields. Taking advantage of that situation, I used my Boulder Mortar skill to lift up sharp debris from the earlier battle, sending at lightning fast speeds at the dazed Mortus Troopers to fatally impale them, forcing them out of the fight permanently.

"That should be it for the hangar. Friendly units, report in. We'll move to the reactor room to clear that out next, over."

Katherine

I heard a crack, presumably from a Hunter, as a crystal bolt passed dangerously close to my face, hitting the metal wall behind me and ricocheting off.

"Captain Morrison, we still have some folks over here to deal with in the stern reactor. The reactors are temporarily shut down," I said, returning fire, crystal bolts passing inches near my face, shredding a few more arms off, "They'll come back up as soon as we deal with this."

"Captain Miller, I do believe I have their attention."

"Good work." I said with a nod, noticed all of the Smierc there turned toward Katherine and not the reactor. I snuck toward it and saw the bomb. "Alright, eyes on the bomb, proceeding to defuse." I said, taking out my knife and watching the HUD fill with steps on how to defuse it. "Now just keep them off me for a couple minutes and we should be good." I told her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back