• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Ashley Miller

I kept firing, but in between magazines I noticed a... Different sort of Smierc or Mortus float by, but instead of trying to kill us... It actually helped J. I was intrigued, to the say least. Which tore me, part of me needed to finish this fight, yet part of me wanted to see if this Mortus wasn't a killer like the rest. My curiosity got the better of me and I found myself gliding toward where the alien went, all the while I braced for a sword or something to end up in my chest. I finally reached it and stood there, well floated in front of her. Activating my translator I spoke.

"Hello? I'm not here to attack you, so can we call a truce for now?" I asked, rifle slung on my good arm with both hands raised.

(Okay, looks like BubbleButt BubbleButt isn't posting. I'll post an update now.)

Adrian

The soldier with the wormhole powers confirms the coordinates and forms a wormhole for the taskforce to enter through. I signal towards Fireteam Nexus to start heading inside, as I fire off a couple of shots towards the still confused mess of Smiercs in order to keep them occupied. Meanwhile, Corporal Seidal reports in from the other side of the wormhole.

"Captain, we've confirmed that we're in the cargo transport heading towards the main base of operations. We'll secure a perimeter as the other taskforce members enter, over."
"Roger that Seidal, I'll be with you shortly, over."

I focused my Silentium once more and drew several debris into a spiral, using the mass of bricks, rocks, and metal to form a border between the New Union taskforce and the disparate Smierc Collective security forces. That should be enough to allow us through the wormhole without getting hung up by the Smiercs.

Even so, I found myself dizzying as I entered the wormhole, and collapsed in front of Corporal Ingress.

DM

The Smierc outpost has barely started to regain control over the situation after the fragment collision. Saegner quickly calls in for a report from the front line units who were engaged with the New Union forces.

"Sir, we've lost contact with the enemy."
"Are you serious? Give me a better report than that simple statement soldier!"
"Sorry sir, but our forces are in disarray. We can't pursue the enemy any further in our state."

Saegner slams one of his 4 fists into the command desk. He nervously paces the room and awaits his fate, knowing that he would be traced back to as the start of the New Union incursion into the Cesena-01 Fragments. He doubts that the soldiers he sent to eliminate Raslan are even alive anymore to carry out their orders...

(Bump Trappy Trappy Kabboom Kabboom Chak Chak QizPizza QizPizza LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 GearBlade654 GearBlade654 BubbleButt BubbleButt )

Ashley Miller

Thank God, we finally got our escape route figured out. I look down and see the projection, firing myself down by pushing off a crate. I take aim and fire one last shot, a ping that signaled the magazine was empty, a sound few recognized. I got level with it than used my booster to go through it, landing on my bad arm from the sudden change in gravity. "Aaagh, shit!" I grunt in pain, quickly getting off my arm and sitting up on the floor. "That fucking hurts..." I grumble, standing up and looking to Adrian. "I think I might have broke or dislocated my arm when the fragment hit or something, it hurts like a bitch..."

Perambulation Perambulation

Raijin
Raijin couldn't have been happier to step though the wormhole and into the cargo transport. By the time the wormhole opened up, the cargo bay had completely depressurized, leaving Raijin blind to everything that wasn't touching the ground. As he exited the wormhole with the rest of his team, he fell over onto the ground and began coughing up blood again. Crap! I can't keep this up for much longer. I have to watch out for how much I use my RCS at full capacity, `cause that return trip messed me up. Not wanting to attract too much concern to his health, Raijin slowly got up to one knee. As he did, he sensed that Morrison collapsed also. His suit was undamaged for the most part, so he wasn't injured, so he must have overexerted his powers.

Hammer soon followed and immediately rushed to help Raijin up. "Raijin! Are you okay?"

Raijin got back up to his feet and used the armor's exoskeleton to support himself. "It's nothing. Just a little shaken from almost being flung into space."

Hammer seemed to take his excuse and began checking his gear. Not long after, Miller came through landing on her side, cursing about her broken arm. Everyone seemed to be pretty banged up from the fight with the Mortus troopers, but there was no time for rest. Raijin emptied his revolver of the emptied casings, reloaded it, and reholstered it. He then took out his DES-T and began making sure that nothing broke before regaining his composure and readied for the next part of the mission.

Bill
The Heavy trooper comedically stumbled through the wormhole, as unlike quite a few of his teammates, Bill was wearing heavy armor.
"Agh... gimme a second..."
The soldier stumbled multiple times. He wasn't exactly the best at handling zero g situations, and it showed with Bill barely managing to crawl out of the wormhole-but not before falling flat on his face twice while doing so.
I shoot an apologetic look at my teammates.
"Sorry, guys. First time seeing a wormhole, much less using it."
I stand back up, and reload my DES, while deploying my drone. Let's do this.

(Holy cow, I let this sit too long. I'll get a response post now. I'm sorry guys, but I've just been busy with college. I still intend to finish this RP, so please don't give up!)

Adrian

I see Corporal Miller and Huang (who I've read prefers Raijin) sprawled on the floor of the cargo transport alongside their Fireteams. It's true that we're all a bit dazed out after that frantic firefight, and need to get a grip of ourselves. That fight on the outpost was not our main objective, as we're heading into the main Fragment facilities to obtain the blueprints for the green energy WMD that the Smiercs developed and destroy the production facilities.

Fireteam Nexus quickly scans the nearby area for hostiles, and notes that we're in a more secluded part of the transport. I make my way towards a ramp and take a peek over the railings. As with most Smierc ships, this one is manned mostly by robots, all busily attending to their duties without any particular reason to look elsewhere. Taking advantage of the robotic focus, I bring up Noa, the AI, and link him wirelessly to a nearby terminal. Considering we are still using tachyon waves, the Smiercs should not notice.

"Alright, tell us what we've got."
"Looks like the ship is hauling in some maintenance parts for one of the production wings. Apparently there was a breakdown in one of the fabricators that is stopping production."
"So they can't make any more of those WMDs right now?"

"Yeah."

Taking this information into account, I ask Noa to disable the security features of the ship as well. The process is trivial thanks to our quantum computing advantage, and the robotic workers shut down.

I motion for Fireteam Nexus to storm the bridge, as we make sure that biological Smiercs aren't around. After securing the perimeter, I take a look out the command windows and come across the Cesena-01 Main Fragments facilities.

The Smiercs had managed to put together an intricate system of outposts, production facilities, and research departments across the remnants of Cesena-01. I've heard the story of how the AMSU pilots back in the day managed to save the Sigma Sector from the Patriarchs, and I let out a small laugh at how it became an unwilling source of our woes.

"New Union forces, listen up. We're approaching the Smierc production facilities now. Take your positions near the main cargo hold airlock and prepare to board. Once we're docked, we're in this for real. No escape until we fulfill our mission objectives, understood?", I say to friendly units.

DM

The Smierc Collective cargo transport, the Wielbłąd, is cleared by the production facility docking controller as a result of an active code beacon. The Smiercs send out the normal detachment of robotic workers to handle the cargo and an inspector to cross-check the cargo manifest. The inspector lets out a sigh as he follows the robots down to the docking station. He'd done the job so many times before, and it was almost the end of his shift.

"I need to go grab something after this.", the inspector grumbled in Smierc.

Unfortunately for the inspector, he would not be able to do so. As soon as the docking was complete and the airlock opened, several laser dots flashed onto the inspector and the robots.

"Fire!", yelled Captain Morrison.

With that, the inspector landed on the floor with a thump and was overrun by the New Union forces.

(Bump Trappy Trappy Kabboom Kabboom QizPizza QizPizza LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 GearBlade654 GearBlade654 Chak Chak )

(Alrighty.)
Bill
ALL RIGHT! LET'S DO THIS!
"Drone up!"
I toss the heavy drone in the air, which floats above me and starts blasting robots to bits.
Satisfied with the drone's firing, I get my DES out and begin to strike down the robots as quickly as possible.
"Alright, let's do this! Now, how do we board..."
That loud, ready voice had a trace of sorrow. Bill was well reputed as someone who knew plenty about the AMSU pilots-especially on the duo of Firebolt 10 and Mystery 1.

Raijin
As the doors opened, Raijin hoped in his heart that there would not be a repeat of Fireteam Mako. He took the charge, and despite his condition, he used his Adaptive RCS to launch himself at the first robot coming out of the airlock. He sent a shock through the bot to instantly destroy it and followed to fire his DES-T into the following robots. He didn't bother with rewiring the bots, given the amount they destroyed. He would just be wasting his time, as the control room would definitely notice before he could finish the process for every single one. When the bots were destroyed by the other Sabre Corp troops, Raijin made his way out of the the cargo ship while taking notice of any approaching robots or Smierc.
"All, clear for now. Better mover fast, they'll notice the bots going offline."

Ashley Miller

I held back while they cleared out the cargo ship and nearby Smierc once we got in, letting a medic take a look at me. She gave me a silent nod before forcing my arm back up with a loud and painful pop. I shouted out in pain, but my arm felt a lot better. I met with the others at the cargo hold, rolling my shoulder back. "Alright, I'm good now, let's get this shit done." I mumbled, readying my sidearm.

DM

The Smierc security forces immediately were alerted to the New Union intruders and sent down several guards to take them out. As of yet, they do not know if the New Union soldiers are the Sabre Corps or not. A squad of five makes it way down towards the cargo bay docking area and acquires the New Union targets.

"We've confirmed the intruders' IDs. They're Sabre Corps, over!", one of the grunts yell over the Smierc comms.

After the report, the squad fires down several crystal-bolts to force the New Union forces into cover. At this point, the Smierc commanders send out another squad of Mortus Troopers to counter the Sabre Corps.

Adrian

Sergeant Amis gave me a heads up about the incoming Smierc forces. Luckily for us, they're the normal grunts, and not the Mortus Troopers. I breath a sigh a relief and jump over my cover as crystal-bolts head my way. Taking note of the several robot parts from the earlier skirmish, I use my Mass Tornado to form a protective shield of debris and send the Tornado towards the Smierc squad. The Tornado batters the Smerics' armors and knocks them all unconscious.

"We're clear, but the Smierc are not going to let us go so easily. Captain Miller and Staff Sergeant Raijin, can you lead your Fireteams towards the production facility cargo transport network. The Smierc have three main production facilities scattered on these Cesena-01 Fragments based on facility plans I got through my AI. Fireteam Nexus and I will head towards the R&D department and get those blueprints for the WMD. Let's move!", I say to my fellow Sabre Corps soldiers.

With that said, I ran up the ramp towards the main hall of the facility, making sure to keep both Seidal and Carboni close to prevent them from being lost. You can never be sure.

(Again, thanks to QizPizza QizPizza and LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 for staying with this RP despite long down times. Appreciate it. Bumping for Chak Chak as well, since he didn't seem to have posted)

Last edited:
(Been busier than usual, sorry. I'll get a post up today or tomorrow for Muallo'o friend. If anyone else is posting before me, feel more than willing to assume he's following along. Try talking to him if you want.

Other wise, yeah, post up today or tomorrow.)

Captain Ashley Miller

"You heard the man, let's go!" I say clearly, moving forward with my fireteam to find the transport network. "Tex, my lovely, download the schematics please." I asked, and my AI complied without a response. I kept on walking, glancing down halls when necessary and picking up the pace when footsteps echoed the halls. My Sergeant also got the schematics and split up, opting to cover more ground, but we stayed close.

Michael

I had been sitting in the small crew cabins of the facility when I heard the call of Sabre Corp over the comms. "Now why would they be here?" I asked, rising from the cot to grab my sword. I readies my Rifle and stepped out the door, seeing many more patrols than before.

"operacyjny, we had a break in-"
"I heard, stay close." I fired back, my suit translating for me so they understood. They nodded and I kept going, pushing to find these Sabre Corp. Almost praying I got to see her again.

Perambulation Perambulation (I make my grand debut of my second character)

Last edited:
Captain Ashley Miller

"You heard the man, let's go!" I say clearly, moving forward with my fireteam to find the transport network. "Tex, my lovely, download the schematics please." I asked, and my AI complied without a response. I kept on walking, glancing down halls when necessary and picking up the pace when footsteps echoed the halls. My Sergeant also got the schematics and split up, opting to cover more ground, but we stayed close.

Michael

I had been sitting in the small crew cabins of the facility when I heard the call of Sabre Corp over the comms. "Now why not they be here?" I asked, rising from the cot to grab my sword. I readies my Rifle and stepped out the door, seeing many more patrols than before.

"operacyjny, we had a break in-"
"I heard, stay close." I fired back, my suit translating for me so they understood. They nodded and I kept going, pushing to find these Sabre Corp. Almost praying I got to see her again.

Perambulation Perambulation (I make my grand debut of my second character)

(Woops, forgot your Miller character was a Captain. I'll fix my post. Anyways, did you post a CS for Michael? Like, is this a full secondary character or just an NPC you created?)

Ilik

The whole falling back tactic was far from something he had been comfortable, watching as his newfound allies fell back one by one through some odd whole in reality. Still, with the Smierc scattered through zero-g, and with any true threat a mess that wasn't worth bothering himself with, the Maullo'o ignored the few errant shots to disperse on his armor as he pulled himself toward and through the portal right as it began to close.

Coming out on the other side with little trouble, by the time he'd made it through the large alien noticed most of the crew had already dispersed, going along whatever mission they had planned and apparently forgetting about him in their haste. Personally, though, it didn't bother him. The alarm was going off after all, and if it was going off, then all he had to do was give it a few and he'd be able to hear exactly where he needed to go. Still, it wasn't reliable and Ilik already felt it was taking too long. Letting his nose guide him, the Maullo'o tracked down the leader of the group and motioned to him, speaking to him in Smierc still, as he hadn't listened to their language enough to begin deciphering it yet.

"Your mission leads me to more Smierc, yes? What it is you need me to do?"

Perambulation Perambulation

Gunnery Sergeant Raijin
Morrison gave the orders for the Miller and Raijin through the comms, "Captain Miller and Staff Sergeant Raijin, can you lead your Fireteams towards the production facility cargo transport network. The Smierc have three main production facilities scattered on these Cesena-01 Fragments based on facility plans I got through my AI."

"Affirmative, Raijin out." Given that there were three facilities, it would be wise to split up the teams so that all three targets will be hit at once. His helmet gave a notification for a new set of schematics, but they were useless to Raijin, so instead, he had to have Hammer describe it for him. He opened up a private comms channel, "Hammer, where are the targets?"

"Scattered around, the only way to access each is to use the cargo transport network. Fireteam Omaha appears to be taking the nearest station."

"Thank you, Hammer." Raijin switched to his team comms chanel. "Alright, Fireteam Comet, this is Gunnery Sergeant Raijin, we're going to move towards the transport network station on this side of the base along with Fireteam Omaha. Once we arrive, we will split our team in half to tackle one facility each. Understood?" Nods and grunts of affirmation came from the soldiers as the heavy weapons Fireteam followed Omaha to the cargo transport network station.

Raslan
"This is not mercy, puppet. I just want to make sure that when you die, it's by my hand, at the end of my spear, like all Smierc and their foolish allies." These words echoed into my ears, as my eyes look at the solidifying, see-through... spit thing that the creature has bestowed upon my helmet. As I was released, Retribution went back to its allies, and judging by my messy formation, I was in no position to further pursue combat, lest I meet my quick death.

As I turn, I see my squad in shambles. The squid-like trooper is more or less intact, but with a few injuries, noticeably the profuse bleeding from his tentacle-mouth. He is clinging onto the cyborg, or, what's left of it. Emer is engaging the remainder of the New Union forces, her gravity manipulating powers pressing her onto the floor, walking past the floating corpses of dead Smierc grunts, as she fires at the Sabre Corps aliens, who are retreating through... a portal?

Unacceptable. They cannot escape. Using a nearby floating crate as leverage, I propel myself towards a nearby New Union member, using my AGP to boost me towards the weak alien. As I get closer, I identify him as the resilient alien I did combat with before. Latching onto him with nothing but my fists, I utilize my element of surprise to punch him. The alien quickly counters, yelling in its language to its team members, who are seemingly abandoning him on his command, and heading for the portal.

I do not understand him. Nor them. Why do they reject us? The Smierc, they mean kind, even if their actions say otherwise. Why do they deny ascension to a higher existence, to harmony and order? Why persist on holding onto their barbaric and inferior ways, and waste lives that needed not be wasted? As I engaged this alien commander in zero-gravity close combat, I blurted out my frustrated questions that had no answer.

"Why do you reject us? Deny us? Defy us? There is no reason! It is madness! Lunacy! You do not realize, we will win in the end!" As the alien blocked one of my jabs and retaliated with a hook into the chitinous part of my helmet, he responded, as he disengaged from me, pulling out a grenade from his belt as he puts his foot on my stomach, angling himself for a trip directly into the portal with his Booster Pack.

"You're wrong. You're not going to win in the end. They will. It never has been about our acceptance." And with those words, he jammed the grenade into my chest with a punch, before activating his Booster Packs and rocketing away at dazzling speeds, leaving me with an explosive puzzle. I quickly dislodge it, and hurl it far from me, combusting in a soundless manner, throwing shrapnel all around, taking out what little Bio-Field I have managed to regenerate. I am now just left with questions.

What did this alien mean by 'They'? As the thoughts dwell in the back of my mind, I move to help my squadmates. We've been left with quite a mess, and I'm sure my... superior would not like the mess.

J

Having said a few words in anger at the Smierc, I launch away, directly into the wormhole-thing, and enter a whole new world of messed-up. After a few elongated seconds of nausea and weird indescribable feelings, I emerge on the other side, feeling thoroughly disturbed. Mostly because I landed on my back, but still, disturbed.

As I got up, with the aid of Danny and Dav at my sides, I receive a broadcast on my comms. "New Union forces, listen up. We're approaching the Smierc production facilities now. Take your positions near the main cargo hold airlock and prepare to board. Once we're docked, we're in this for real. No escape until we fulfill our mission objectives, understood?" went the familiar voice of the Fireteam Nexus leader, Morrison, and then followed by another broadcast, not long after. "Alright, Fireteam Comet, this is Gunnery Sergeant Raijin, we're going to move towards the transport network station on this side of the base along with Fireteam Omaha. Once we arrive, we will split our team in half to tackle one facility each. Understood?"

The voice was identified as Raijin by my AI, to whom I simply nodded, before pressing on the comms piece as we begun to move, with Danny, John and Carlieson providing all-round security. "This is Fireteam Comet, copy your last, Raijin. Lead the way. Over." I notice my guys are pretty banged up, but I'm confident we'll hold.

(Ayy guys, I'm still here :D)

DM

The Smierc Collective security forces are starting to be overwhelmed by the influx of the New Union Sabre Corps. In addition, the infamous Retribution was confirmed to be working in tandem with the Sabre Corps, making the situation more dire. In light of current events, the Cesena-01 overseer orders all possible Mortus Troopers to converge on the now separated Sabre Corps.

"Sir, we may find ourselves in trouble here. The New Union strike force here has been confirmed to be the ones behind the attack on our Portus shipyards. In short, they are the best of the best the New Union has.", a Smierc advisor reports.
"No matter. They are the ones who need to break in our facilities, and we have the numbers advantage. Have faith in our Mortus Troopers, the backbone of our military prowess.", retorts the facility overseer, Devosk.
"Yes nadzorca (overseer)."

With that said, Devosk dismisses the advisor and begins an encrypted transmission to his superiors, the Central Council.

"Honorable starsi (fathers), we find ourselves at a dangerous situation at the Fragments. We have not finished our research on these so called Elders of the Sigma Sector, and the main temple is now vulnerable to the New Union. What shall we do?"
"Nadzorca (overseer), do you believe that the New Union will succeed in whatever they plan for these Fragments?"
"No honorable starsi (fathers)! We are the Smierc, ones who conquered countless systems for the glory of Valeria! I am just concerned about our research falling into the wrong hands..."
"Enough of this! We will send over one of our countless battalions of Mortus Troopers to the Fragments to crush those New Union scum. Understand?"

"Yes, honorable starsi (fathers)."

Devosk ends the transmission and nervously looks on, waiting on the vain hope for reinforcements as the New Union advances throughout his facilities.

Adrian

Looks like the one they called Retribution, or Ilik in his own terms, managed to follow us through the wormhole. He is definitely an asset to our mission, and I would hate to throw away such a golden opportunity. Of course, after this mission, I'm not sure what High Command will think of an alien ally.

"Retribution, glad to see that you are still with us. Could you go help the one we call Gunnery Sergeant Raijin and his fireteam? They are heading towards one of the cargo transport networks to take care of weapons production facilities."

With that said, Fireteam Nexus found itself in a situation. Several more Mortus Troopers are heading to our position and are directly in-between us and our objective, the R&D Department. Without those blueprints, it's meaningless to simply destroy the production facilities. The New Union will need a hard counter for the WMD, and quickly use it to strike back.

I threw one of my disintegration grenades in order to create space, as I jumped over cover and kept the Mortus Troopers down. Unfortunately for me, these Smiercs managed to remove their sense of fear through their own body-modifications, which allowed them to quickly get back into firing position after avoiding the fatal blastzone. I found my IRESS quickly dropping as the crystal-bolts landed on my KAISYS armor.

Just then, Sergeant Amis ran in front of me and unleashed his characteristic plasma wave, both providing shielding and pushing back the enemy to defensive positions. I'd forgotten that he could manipulate plasma itself as part of his Silentian heritage.

"I owe you one for sure"
"Let's get back on task. We can't waste time."

And it was true. There's no telling when potential Smierc reinforcements could appear from hyperspace and get us smothered. We may be the Sabre Corps, but I'm not keen on pushing our luck too far.

Michael
Kabboom Kabboom

I had been trailing the Smierc for a few minutes, down repetitive corridors when I heard it. Footsteps, distinguishable from Smierc, but barely. I motion for them to follow me as I lead them closer, stopping around a corner. I drew my sword and revolver, waiting. I came out when they came close and slashed at the chest of a nearby Sabre Corp. Poor fool was wearing Alpha and I cleaned right through it, leaving a nasty bleeding gash on him. I liked him down and quickly put him down with the revolver, a loud bang reverberating the hall. Now all eyes were on me, and nobody moved, not even the Smierc. "It certainly has been awhile... Joa." I said in a low tone, grinning under my faceless helmet. "Now our reconciliation can start proper, after you left me. But be warned the only payment I will accept is your death!" With that, I rushed at him, sword poised to ram him through.

Captain Ashley Miller

I heard the bang and froze. That was not good. "Go on without me, I'm investigating." I told them, turning down the hall to follow the shot. I heard faint voices, but even still I knew who it was. No, no not again! I checked my HUD and saw J in that area, labels by a red hazard sign. I quickened my pace, trying to intervene before someone died.

( QizPizza QizPizza If next time you post you want to assume Ilik's caught up to the group, that's fine. I'll be AFK from today til Sunday though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back