• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Raslan

Glancing at the grunts' working attitudes and looking through the patrol routes, several thoughts rise up in my mind almost simultaneously. This is a mere perimeter outpost, but the number of grunts deployed here is still easily capable of covering the entire section. Needless to say, we won't survive a deliberate enemy assault, but we can deter them long enough to contact the inner fragments. What is going on here . . .?

Technically, I'm in no position to command this outpost, but no one was sitting on the big chair when I walked in, and by the looks of it, that chair must've been empty for a whiiiile. Just as the reptilian exit the large room, down the hallway leading to the command post, my previous inquiry is answered, by a loud, confident voice. This mysterious figure sounds almost as if he's speaking through a barrel, making announcement through a loudspeaker, or something like that.

"Who just gave that order? Szeregowy (Private) Nowacki, who gave you that order??"

Following the booming voice is a huge, menacing figure. The small grunt seems shaken by the voice alone, and when the giant figure emerges from the dark hallway, the short alien is already cowering himself. This must be the outpost's real commanding officer then, and by the reactions of the grunts, I must've done a big mistake assuming command in his absence. Shit.

Having fully prepared myself for the fury he is gonna rain on me, I stand straight up from the sensor post, where I was monitoring the debris, and salute the giant Smierc.

"Kapitan Raslan Entarya, dowódca (Commander). My apology, Sir, I issued that order for the grunt earlier."

"I suppose that you are the new security transfers? I am Pułkownik (Colonel) Saegner, the local commander of this sector of the Fragments. I give the orders around here, do you understand?", asserted Saegner.

Gee, must be my lucky day. But I don't imagine the man will allow another pass like this. Better watch myself around these corners, can't be too careful around the Smierc, remember, Raslan, they'll throw you out the airlock if you displease them.

"I understand, dowódca. Some debris was acting a bit unusual, according to our exterior sensors." - I pause, reminding myself not to go too far as to argue with a Smierc. - "But perhaps I was merely exaggerating. Again, my apology, Pułkownik." - I said, while handing him the pad including information on our transfer.

(well polan can certainly into space in this universe)

Perambulation Perambulation

Last edited:
J

Things are getting hairy. The debris fields plan is not going to work, the enemy AA can shoot the things. Fortunately however, Fireteam Nexus used some kind of fancy diversion maneuver to get themselves close. Very, very close. Near the cargo outpost's airlocks, if I'm reading my HUD right. We've gotta get in there somehow, and stay in one piece in the process.

After thinking for a while, I decided not to move in. Comet is probably going to stay outside as a contingency plan. At least that way, if anything happens inside, we'll still be outside to report. Besides, Dav's plan sounds dope. I open up comms. "Nexus, this is Comet. We're going to stay outside as backup for now until we can find a way to get in, over."

But just after I finished that sentence, I pieced together a plan. I immediately turned to the new sniper on my team for the op, Vega. "Hey, you mentioned wormholes as one of your abilities, right? Can you get us into the outpost? Or near it?"

Vega
After introducing my powers, the commander seemed to be interested in them and before long requested me to use them, asking if I could infiltrate the Fireteam in to the outpost

“Depends on how far you want and how well everyone can tolerate teleportation, from this distance I could probably get the whole team in after I manifest the wormhole, sir.”

Before I bothered to give him a chance to respond, I began manifesting a black hole by manipulating the space around the area and a vortex began ripping in to the ground. The wormhole got bigger and more intense as time went on and before long, 20 seconds total to be exact, the dark ominous wormhole was created

“If you want, we could all hop in and we can get teleported to an area relatively safe from patrols inside the outpost. Don’t get too comfy in that spot though, once we’re in we need to stay on our toes. Anyways, tell me when we’re ready to go.”

I turned around and resumed to look out for any oncoming patrols.

Watching the scene play out from her own perspective, Six had to bite back a laugh as the newcomer was quickly and thoroughly reminded of his place on the station. Truthfully, she didn't know enough about the going ons of the station to know if the newcomer had been right or not, but she did know how to stay out of the way. A useful trait for one with no practical skills and angry CO's romping and stomping about. Making her way way across the ceiling silently, the girl waited until she was above the tall new arrival before digging her hindclaws into the metal and wrapping her tail around a pipe to 'stand' upside down and waved a hand in greeting.

"Wow, I'm impressed, most newcomers make it at least one cycle before they piss off the boss. You managed to do it only just a little slower than myself. Quite the feat." she laughed, not taking the situation as seriously as one might expect, "Still, it was an amusing sight. You said you were a kapitan, Raslan, correct? I'm Six, but we Struktura were never assigned ranks. I suppose I'm more... how do you say, wojska specjalne(Special Troops)."

With a shrug Six dropped from the ceiling and landed in an easy roll, finding herself right back on her feet and now looking up at the massive man in front of her. While the height disparity might have thrown off some it never bothered the girl any as it was just something to take in stride. As she continued looking at Raslan she couldn't help but wonder what this man's story was, where he came from and what he'd seen. Not many Smierc just assumed command or presumed they could do whatever their whims allowed. Not that it stopped her, but then she could cheat and they couldn't.

"Don't mind Pulkownik Saegner by the way, he never gives me any trouble. In fact he likes to completely ignore me. Anyhow, I've been stationed here for a fair bit, and transport food sucks, want to start a tour with the mess hall while your paper goes through?

Trappy Trappy

Raslan

Gee, that was a quick save. Though maybe I should keep it cool as long as I'm on this damn station. After all, you can never be too careful surrounded by aliens. Know your place, Raslan, the next time it might be the airlock for you!

Repetitive patrol routes and security detachments are not spread out well enough, I do wonder what's going on with this outpost. After all, with the lost of the Assault Fleet at Portus it would be logical if the Collective pays more attention to the matter of security measures. Well, the AA grid is certainly tightened, but I'm afraid I can't say the same about the troops. No, I really can't say anything at all, considering my first meeting with the outpost commander didn't go so smoothly. My hands ball into fists as I remind myself to be careful around these parts.

Although that debris movement could've been something. It was certainly something on that day.

Noises on the ceiling above my head snap me out of the thoughts. Before I could act, a female alien is right above me, seemingly 'standing' on the ceiling, if that makes sense. Uh . . . Right, this is certainly not expected, nor was mentioned in any of the transfer papers, though there are possibilities that I missed quite a few of those papers. She waves, in a way that might suggest a greeting gesture, and speak up.

"Wow, I'm impressed, most newcomers make it at least one cycle before they piss off the boss. You managed to do it only just a little slower than myself. Quite the feat." She pauses to laugh, her laugh seemingly breaks the solitary and seriousness after the Colonel's visit, "Still, it was an amusing sight. You said you were a kapitan, Raslan, correct? I'm Six, but we Struktura were never assigned ranks. I suppose I'm more... how do you say, wojska specjalne(Special Troops)."

Yep, this is not expected at all. Something about this new figure seems intriguing, however. Her attitude and appearance does not match with the general feeling I sense in this outpost. And she mentioned Special Troops . . . ?

Again, the female alien snaps me out of my thoughts, as she suddenly drops from the ceiling and smoothly lands on the floor near me with a roll, while I step a few steps back to avoid collision. Impressive skills. Special Troops, a vague concept, I wonder if that means she's a Mortus Trooper. I'm not informed of any squad on this station before our arrival, though. Also, upon getting a closer look, her appearance certainly looks . . . Prossnakan? But no, those eyes beg to differ, not to mention her limbs, and the tail. Then again, she might've gone through physical modifications.

Am I paying too much attention to her appearance? Well, maybe, though I guess that makes it a fair trade, as 'Six' too is spending some time inspecting this Prossnakan, before speaking up.

"Don't mind Pulkownik Saegner by the way, he never gives me any trouble. In fact he likes to completely ignore me. Anyhow, I've been stationed here for a fair bit, and transport food sucks, want to start a tour with the mess hall while your paper goes through?"

Well, she got it right with the transport food's quality.

"That's very nice of you, I can certainly use something real." I pause, opening my right arm in a friendly manner, gesturing her to lead the way. "To the mess hall it is."

As we walk, I bring up the term she mentioned earlier.

"By the way, if you would excuse my curiosity" - I chuckle - "Wojska specjalne(Special Troops), you said? I don't think I know of any Mortus unit currently deployed on this station aside from mine, but then I'm not too knowledgeable with the Collective's various branches."

Chak Chak

(Sorry for the late response!!! :') I'm a bit busy with real life stuff atm)

Last edited:
Six listened to Raslan as they walked, the larger man rather nicely moving at a slower pace so she didn't have to double time it. His question were fair too. He wanted to know about whole Mortus Units, but he was right, there weren't any full units at all.

"You aren't wrong kapitan, I'm the only Mortus soldier here, and even that is more of a placeholder title," she spoke, making a point to show him tapping her exoskeletal hands together, "I'm from a project, meant to make spies. Specifically Struktura, framing, I was supposed to have a fancy indoskeleton with tertiary skin growing over it. Instead parts of me became an exoskeleton instead, and it included a tail. The project failed and I was the only survivor of the whole group. They didn't want to waste the money they spent on me though, so I was kept around. Then I kept convincing people to let me out of my room and wander, so they decided if I wasn't going to stay in a room, they may as well put me somewhere. That would be here. Literally nothing happens here. Ever."

As she talked it wasn't hard to hear the partial humour and sarcasm in her voice, but she wasn't wrong either because there really hadn't been anything at all that had happened here. In fact by far the kapitan showing up was by far the most exciting thing to occur in the last year since she was put here. Maybe it was a sign that things were going to be changing, hopefully for the better.

"We're almost to the cafeteria, if you kept going down the hall, on the right would be medical. Haven't had to go there for anything major, but the staff there seems nice. As far as any food in the cafeteria, I having had anything exceptional, but not too bad either. Oh, but avoid the sałatka specjalna, they say it's a special, but I'd wager the only special part is that the leaves taste like rotting meat." there was a bit of a shudder through Six's body as she recalled eating the salad, "But that's the most excitement you'll see here. Speaking of here, as far as dealing with Pulkownik Saegner, just leave him to me if there's trouble. I have a way with people. So, what's your story, who'd you piss off to get sent here?"

Trappy Trappy

DM

Saegner inspected the datapad regarding the new transfer's details. Everything seemed to be in order, and the presumed leader of the group, Kapitan Raslan Entarya, was already preoccupied with another one of his headaches, a Wojska Specjalne. No matter. As long as the Smiercs had more Mortus Troopers to augment the security of the Fragments, the New Union should have a difficult time breaking through. Should, anyways. Recently, the enemy's own special forces, called the Sabre Corps (from the translators anyways), seem to be garnering more and more successes despite the Smierc Collective's best efforts. Saegner only hoped that none would come here, as it would mean trouble.

Adrian

Over the laser burst comms, I caught the mentioning of wormholes by one of the newer Sabre Corps soldiers. And without warning, that soldier formed several wormholes to enable us inside the cargo outpost without a hassle, hopefully.

"This is Fireteam Nexus. Would not recommend infiltration by wormhole yet. We didn't map out the area via a drone scan, so there's no telling where's a safe place to warp to, over.", I said over the comms.

I looked towards Corporal Seidal, as he is a Recon Trooper by trade. He quickly let out his scouting drone and let it sneak through the airlock, making sure to only cut through a portion of the hull to prevent detection. The drone slipped into what seemed to be a sparsely populated cargo holding area. Locating a data terminal, Corporal Seidal guided the drone and hacked into the system. Through the security grid, Seidal located a safe area to warp in: a camera blindspot near some maintenance areas. The problem was that toxic gases are being leaked in the area, so the team would have to continue to rely on their life-support systems until entering a more suitable place.

"This is Fireteam Nexus. Located a safe area to warp into via that wormhole. Sending coordinates, over."

(I hope we can get to the main building soon, if not I might start posting for Michael now)

Ashley Miller
I saw Vega open a wormhole and glanced through it. Certainly was a neat trick. I motioned for my fireteam to quickly pass through so that others may before it closed. I quickly scanned the room, finding it clear. "Clear, everyone." I informed everyone.

Bill
"Roger that."
My response was simple and short. Don't want advanced battle plans leaking into Smierc ears.
I stand in front of the wormhole, and carefully stride in, Heavy Drone orbiting my head and my DES ready.

J

"Splendid. Come on lads. Into the breach." I said, with a slight posh Old Earth British accent. I haven't found out where I heard that before, but I figured it must've been something in my childhood, since I couldn't remember well back then. 'Still can't remember well now', said a particularly snarky voice in my head. But I shrug it off ever so slightly, as my Fireteam ventured into the wormhole, right after Omaha.

As I hopped in, I felt...weird. But I guess that is normal. After all, being in the Twisted Wolves so long, you start to hear a shit-ton of stories. I once heard, from a pair of Arugan sharpshooters, about a fellow all the way back in the Terminus War or something. A sniper guy with a confusing name (Kaspersky or something), known not for his accuracy, but for his quick shooting, who also had the ability to open wormholes. Legend has it, his wormholes were just absolute shit. If you travel through them, chances are, you'll come out with a stomach-ache, a head-ache, and then death from high velocity swinging directly into a boulder or something. So compared to that guy (if he even existed), this is good. Relatively.

Speaking of which, I think that guy ended up with a Lieutenant babe from another Fireteam. Not sure, though. But I digress.

As we resurface in some kind of maintenance area, the first thing that hits my eyes is the oxygen meter still appearing prominently on my HUD. I made my AI prioritize its appearance, after my previous incidents. As I look around while adjusting to the sudden appearance of gravity and sound, I could hear a small hissing, ever so slightly within ear's reach.

I open up comms to all forces nearby, still using those burst comm things. "All units, this is Comet. We're in through a wormhole from our teammate. Comet and Omaha have secured a foothold. Toxic gases in area, I repeat, toxic gases in area. Exercise caution. Over."

J

"Splendid. Come on lads. Into the breach." I said, with a slight posh Old Earth British accent. I haven't found out where I heard that before, but I figured it must've been something in my childhood, since I couldn't remember well back then. 'Still can't remember well now', said a particularly snarky voice in my head. But I shrug it off ever so slightly, as my Fireteam ventured into the wormhole, right after Omaha.

As I hopped in, I felt...weird. But I guess that is normal. After all, being in the Twisted Wolves so long, you start to hear a shit-ton of stories. I once heard, from a pair of Arugan sharpshooters, about a fellow all the way back in the Terminus War or something. A sniper guy with a confusing name (Kaspersky or something), known not for his accuracy, but for his quick shooting, who also had the ability to open wormholes. Legend has it, his wormholes were just absolute shit. If you travel through them, chances are, you'll come out with a stomach-ache, a head-ache, and then death from high velocity swinging directly into a boulder or something. So compared to that guy (if he even existed), this is good. Relatively.

Speaking of which, I think that guy ended up with a Lieutenant babe from another Fireteam. Not sure, though. But I digress.

As we resurface in some kind of maintenance area, the first thing that hits my eyes is the oxygen meter still appearing prominently on my HUD. I made my AI prioritize its appearance, after my previous incidents. As I look around while adjusting to the sudden appearance of gravity and sound, I could hear a small hissing, ever so slightly within ear's reach.

I open up comms to all forces nearby, still using those burst comm things. "All units, this is Comet. We're in through a wormhole from our teammate. Comet and Omaha have secured a foothold. Toxic gases in area, I repeat, toxic gases in area. Exercise caution. Over."
(Might take me a while to post, I have classes for another 5 1/2 hours, sorry if I keep you waiting)

Raijin
After maybe 10 minutes of flying through space, Raijin and Hammer finally got the clear to go through the wormhole. Raijin breathed a sigh of relief as his world began to come back. However, the feeling of relief was cut short when the reentered an area with gravity. Hammer suddenly dropped Raijin to the floor, as he was unaccustomed to lifting half a ton of super soldier. The two would've clanged onto the floor, but Hammer was nice enough to suppress the sound. When Hammer stopped Raijin noticed a very annoying hiss within the vicinity.

"...Toxic gases in area, I repeat, toxic gases in area. Exercise caution. Over."

That explains that damn hiss. Not like I'll take off my helmet anyways... Let's hope that gas isn't very volatile.

Raijin and Hammer began to inspect the maintenance shaft they were in, while J gave orders to the rest of Fireteam Comet and Omaha. The electrical systems were mostly in working order. There were one or two loose cables, but it still gave Raijin a very accurate read of the surround shafts. Giving his Electromagnetic Sight a little extra boost, he extended the range a bit further out, taking note of the various security systems and their blind spots within 50 meters.

Taking this data, he inputted it into his tactical map via voice command and shared it with the rest of Fireteams operating in this area. The map was completely useless to Raijin, but it would certainly benefit everyone else.

Vega
Once everyone had stepped in to the wormhole, I stepped in myself to initiate the teleportation. A feeling of nothingness swept over me before being brought back to a physical plane of reality again shortly after. I quickly unholstered my rifle and took a short glance around me, getting a grasp on my position. I checked my wrist PDA for my current position to make sure we were located in the right position. A short glance let me know that we were indeed in the Cargo holding area that was mentioned over Laser Burst comms.

I heard some sort of hissing before being told that there was toxic gasses by the Fireteam Leader. I activated my thermal eye noticing the air is slightly heated, possibly the gas. I activated my Optic Camo and waited for orders from the Fireteam Leader, watching everyone still slightly affected by the teleportation.

(Sorry for the short post, really tired right now but I didn’t want you guys to keep waiting on me)

Adrian

Well isn't that lucky for our squad; some poison gas decides to make our lives a bit harder for all of us until we get out of its reach. That didn't take so long, as Fireteam Nexus discovered that the gas stopped around the larger hallway entrance. From what Seidal can see from his drone, the hallways in this part of the cargo outpost is a bit underpopulated, considering how many Smiercs are supposed to be in one of these.

"Let's advance team. Can't let our mission take too long, over.", I whispered over the laser bursts.

I set up one half of Fireteam Nexus to watch our group's rear, as I led Sergeant Amis and Corporal Carboni to the front. Wouldn't you know it; the Smiercs are definitely here.

The main hallway is teeming with Smiercs, making it impossible for us to simply sneak by. Plus, the drone only hacked the security system of our entrance point, not the entire cargo outpost yet. Even so, I manage to spot out another empty spot, some sort of recharge station, in the distance.

"We're going to need another wormhole transit, over. Sending coordinates now."

DM

The New Union taskforce is currently located in Sector 4 of the Smierc cargo outpost. In this sector, there are multiple maintenance shafts and stations that help to keep the outpost in running order. The mess hall is also located near the crossing point of Sector 4 and Sector 3, where most of the personnel are.

A simple Smierc grunt notices strange markings near one of the airlocks while on maintenance duty. He sends some pictures to the outpost's Pułkownik (Colonel), Saegner. Saegner is not pleased that a grunt decides to interrupt his personal hours. As soon as the Pułkownik (Colonel) notices the strange marks, he hurriedly hushed over his assistant.

"Send out a small detachment of Smiercs to Sector 4. We might have New Union presence onboard the outpost. Do not let the others know. I cannot have my reputation as the staunch defender of this station tarnished, you understand. Have those Smiercs quickly take care of the problem and resume operations to normal"

"Yes sir, it'll be done as you commanded."

With that said, the Smierc assistant rushes over to the security detail, making sure the same oath of secrecy is administered. Can't have Saegner's reputation get stained, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back