• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Adrian

"Roger that. Fireteam Comet, I can use my telekinesis to thrust us under cover of the debris. Basically, a soft Mass Tornado to make the Smiercs think this is normal debris movement, over."

After sending that brief laser burst, I get Fireteam Nexus into position for the infiltration. Noa informs me of the thresholds required to make my Mass Tornado a believable debris movement to the Smiercs. Corporal Carboni reports in several cargo shipments arriving at the outpost, which means that most of the patrols are going back to the base for inspections. This gives our taskforce the window to sneak into the outpost from space.

"Patrols are moving in to check those newly arrived cargo transports. The AA systems are still online, but my Mass Tornado shouldn't trigger them. I'll send diversionary debris in case the AA system does get activated by orbital debris, over.", I relay over the comms.

With that said, I began to focus, with my S-Node responding with a slight internal beat, and moved several pieces of debris in an extremely limited Mass Tornado, sending them towards the right end of the outpost near the biggest cluster of AA turrets.

"Let's move, over.", I say.

Using another one of my weakened Mass Tornados, I begin to form a seemingly natural debris field and hurled it slightly to the less guarded section of the outpost. There is an airlock where we are headed as well, so we shouldn't have to wait too long to begin infiltration.

DM

The Smierc Collective is restless. For about five years, after taking over the Cesena-01 Fragments, the Mortus Troopers and regular grunts assigned to these rocks never really saw any action. The New Union never came back to try and wrest control from the Smiercs, leading many to complain that their warrior spirit was being crushed in such a boring environment. This necessitated that the Smierc Collective's leaders to rotate assignments as often as possible. The problem was that it led to many patrols being unfamiliar with the Fragments, only patrolling their assigned pathways without considering where enemy forces might infiltrate.

Even so, should they be provoked, the Fragment security forces will gladly partake in the consumption of their enemy's blood. For they are the Smierc: living for combat and praying for death on the battlefield.

Chak Chak

(As soon as the team gets to the outpost, and the AA turrets fire on the distraction debris. Then you can crash into the party)

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

(We are still in space people, around some debris for cover. Just so everyone is clear, we are still in space! Not on a fragment yet, though I suppose you can stand on some of the debris, considering their size)

Perambulation Perambulation

(So what's a general layout of the area, if you can describe it to me. Like, where are the debris feilds, the base and the soldiers in comparison to each other?)

Chak Chak

(Layout is as follows. There are about 10 main Fragments large enough to station research outposts and production plants, along with defense forces. There are also 15 smaller Fragments usually used to house the energy generators for the Smiercs, which would be the hyperspace-generator. We are currently headed towards one of the outer Fragments, which are on the outskirts of the Cesena-01 main Fragments and house cargo outposts for processing and some defense patrol stations.)

Chak Chak

(Layout is as follows. There are about 10 main Fragments large enough to station research outposts and production plants, along with defense forces. There are also 15 smaller Fragments usually used to house the energy generators for the Smiercs, which would be the hyperspace-generator. We are currently headed towards one of the outer Fragments, which are on the outskirts of the Cesena-01 main Fragments and house cargo outposts for processing and some defense patrol stations.)
(So that outer fragment has AA, which the team is intending to have fire on smaller further out fragments to cause a distraction, or they intend on having it fire on the larger, inner fragments?)

Bill
I involuntarily shiver looking around. This place is a graveyard-many heroic ALT pilots died here.
Oh well, mission first. Then sentimentality later. I take a deep breath, pray no one heard that lest I suffer humiliation back at base. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating. But still, wouldn't want to show nervousness around my teammates.
I scratch my chin, and notice I'm shaking. Why, I'll never know.
I study the debris while standing guard, looking for enemies. For all I know this little intelligence could save our lives.
Nah, just being dramatic. I take my eyes off the debris and go back to scanning the area.

Raslan

My squad was transferred to this sector as a mean to reinforce our relentless offence against these aliens, and the first job they gave us was patrolling duty on some debris field. Not that I'm complaining, can't argue with the superiors, plus, I heard them from the research directorate are working on something here. Well, whatever it is, it must be valuable to make it worth the deployment of Mortus Troopers!

A muffled boom, the sound of our transport-craft exiting hyperspace. I peek outside one of the windows to get a view of our site of deployment: a relatively simple outpost built into one of the larger fragments in the Outer Rim of the site, fashioned with docking ports for supply shuttles and a quite impressive antenna. Well, if you ask me, that antenna is the most out-of-place object in this frame. A giant, sophisticated piece of hardware in all this? Really? Oh well, I guess it's necessary to maintain contact with the inner fragments, especially the command centre, as these debris usually generates quite dense interference.

The docking clamps attach themselves to the hull and the vessel shakes in response. The heavy airlocks opened, as warm air carrying an irritating smell flushes into our ship, causing one of my subordinates to cough violently. We're not all of a same species and thus different environments may cause slight difficulties to adapt. But it was admirable that he quickly adjusts himself and stands tall, as much is expected from a Mortus Trooper.

I leave the transport-craft, as my squad follows me suit. Come to think of it, I've not had the chance to get to know them, aside from Emer, a fellow Prossnakan. Quite courageous and obedient, but she still has a great deal to learn. As for the others, bonds form themselves best on the battlefield, where they shall prove themselves.

Upon exiting the second airlock, I was welcomed by a short alien with reptilian features, donning a Collective grunt armour. Damn, these armours wouldn't be able to stand even a light plasma blast! Then again, it's not always easy to modernise every unit. Also, considering these grunts are made up of mostly conquered species who are either not fit for the Mortus Troopers' trainings, or could not stand them, it's understandable that they're not really on the priorities for modernisation.

The rather talkative grunt shows me the general configurations of the system and the current deployment of patrol grunts across the outpost, cargo sector as well as AA setups across the complex. Quite impressive, after the destruction of the Assault Fleet, they've boosted the defence considerably.

Leaving my squad to get to their designated quarters, I visit the command room of the outpost, where control for the AA batteries and exterior sensors are centralised. Out of mere curiosity, I glance at a screen, where movement of several small debris gets my attention.

-"Is this normal?" - I signalled my "guide", the reptilian grunt, and bring the situation to him.
-"Well, these rocks don't just stay still forever, Captain. I'll get rid of them immediately."
-"Not so fast, recklessness and over-confidence is not something we can afford anymore. I believe such attitudes costed us the Assault Fleet at Portus. Have a detachment of your grunts at the site, I want an evaluation after you destroy those rocks."

The man seems quite stunned at the sudden commands, but quickly get himself onto them. Perhaps I'm exaggerating over this incident a bit, but that sector is off the patrol pathways and usually under-guarded. A little check-up wouldn't hurt now, would it?

(I realise I'm the only one rolling for the Collective :'3 I hope I didn't get anything wrong! Perambulation Perambulation )

Trappy Trappy
(You may be the only one rolling for the Collective, but your man and Ilik can certainly carry conversation. He knows how to speak the Smierc language. Raslan and Ilik are from entirely opposite special histories too, the Prossnakans having been saved, and the Maullo'o having been eradicated. Oh, and Raslan uses a lance, Ilik uses a spear. If you don't mind me asking, and if you want you can toss it in a pm to keep it secret, but the Melting mist, I'm wondering what the base is, heat via chemical reaction, matter breakdown with acid? I ask because of Ilik's armour and it's differences to standard armours in the game.)

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
(I messed up earlier thinking we were at a different point than we were in the op. So I am waiting until everyone catches up so my post makes more sense rather than editing it and trying unF the situation no need to wait on me))

Ashley Miller

After our reconnaissance of the base, my fireteam dropped back to the debris field. We then uploaded all our findings to a map, the collective map of patrol routes to everyone's HUD. As Adrian moved the debris toward the base, my fireteam followed suit, drifting behind it, but far enough away that if it were to be shot they would all be safe.

Trappy Trappy
(You may be the only one rolling for the Collective, but your man and Ilik can certainly carry conversation. He knows how to speak the Smierc language. Raslan and Ilik are from entirely opposite special histories too, the Prossnakans having been saved, and the Maullo'o having been eradicated. Oh, and Raslan uses a lance, Ilik uses a spear. If you don't mind me asking, and if you want you can toss it in a pm to keep it secret, but the Melting mist, I'm wondering what the base is, heat via chemical reaction, matter breakdown with acid? I ask because of Ilik's armour and it's differences to standard armours in the game.)
(Oh I'm definitely up for an encounter ;) The matter of language may be simple, I mean the Smierc language was decrypted by humans for a while now, so I assume the Collective have done the same, seeing how the war is dragging on longer than they anticipated.
About your question, the toxin Raslan produces is capable of corroding most metallic alloys at a fast rate, as well as melting organic materials, though at a slower rate.)

DM

As the Smeric grunt moves over to call for a more detailed sweep of the incoming debris, a booming voice echoed down the halls.

"Who just gave that order? Szeregowy (Private) Nowacki, who gave you that order?"

The grunt begins to panic, knowing full well who that voice belonged to. Around the corner of the hallway, a rather gigantic presence emerges and walks towards the new transfers and the poor grunt. The Smierc appears to be fully confident in its stride, indicating that he is of high rank among the security personnel. It is Pułkownik (Colonel) Saenger, famous even among the transient Cesena-01 Fragment security personnel as a pompous do-nothing. Nobody truly respected the Pułkownik, but would not dare face against him.

Those that tried to raise complaints to Saenger ended up dead in the cold of space. And in the warrior culture of the Smiercs, you cannot disobey your superiors without risking death.

Naturally, everybody on the Fragments eventually falls in line. It's not even Saegner that they are truly afraid of. The base Generał Brygady (Brigadier General), Raclawska, supports Saegner, and is rumored to be even worse.

"I suppose that you are the new security transfers? I am Pułkownik Saegner, the local commander of this sector of the Fragments. I give the orders around here, do you understand?", asserted Saegner.

Without glancing away from the new security transfers, Saegner ordered the grunt to stop the deployment of the detachment. The grunt complies, and scurries away from the potential clash.

Meanwhile, the Smierc's AA turrets detect the incoming bits of debris, firing upon them as usual. As usual, nothing of note turns up.

Adrian

Thought so. The debris I purposely sent closer to those Smierc AA turrets got disintegrated in an instant. That means that our cover isn't so much of a cover out here.

"Troops, we're going to have to take a detour. I'll draw in a larger debris piece to redirect our course without alerting the Smiercs. It should look like a normal in-space collision from their point of view, over", I relay over the laser burst comms.

Using another burst of my Mass Tornado, I bring a larger piece of Cesena-01 towards our small debris field. It appears to strike us, though not fatally or in a damaging way. I lead Fireteam Nexus behind the new debris, eventually finding ourselves underneath the cargo outpost and somewhat close to an airlock.

"This is Fireteam Nexus. We're set up near the outpost's cargo airlocks. We should be able to sneak in, pending a drone sweep. Requesting Recon Troopers for the scan, over."

(For the Smiercs, we are using Polish Armed Forces ranks. The Security Forces are a detachment of the Smierc Collective Army, so use Polish Army ranks, in Polish. It's just an inside joke, lol. Take a look at the Smierc's weaponry. All Polish.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back