• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

DM

For the briefing, Captain Nuremberg was nowhere to be seen. Instead, the holo-projector lit up with a figure of a woman in her mid 20's.

"Unfortunately, Captain Nuremberg will not be able to show up for the briefing this morning due to an earlier incident. He is not in danger; just getting some care in the medical ward. I am the NUSS Artemis III's assistant AI, Sharon. Pleased to meet you all."

Some of the more impressionable members of the Sabre Corps let out small hoots, before quickly being silenced by their commanding officers. Yes, even in the 26th century, young-blood boils.

Sharon did not delay getting into the briefing. According to the assistant AI, the mission will take place on the Cesena-01 Fragments. Because of the heavily guarded nature of the Fragments, the Scouting Fleet cannot spare a capital ship for backup and transport. Instead, just like with Operation THROWDOWN, a squadron of dropships will travel through hyperspace and drop the taskforce nearby a debris field around one of the Smierc's least guarded cargo facility.

From there, the New Union taskforce is to sneak aboard an enemy cargo transport in order to infiltrate the base. The mission will involve extraction of data on the completed Smierc green energy bomb and a crippling sabotage of the production facilities. This should allow the New Union to regain the space superiority advantage, as long as New Union ships are fitted with new defensive measures in time.

One of the fears that New Union High Command has regarding the Cesena-01 Fragments is the presence of the Elders' technology on the moon prior to its destruction in the final hours of the Leviathan Crisis. A potential 2nd Crepitus Event was averted back then by the ALT (Anti Leviathan Taskforce); the Smiercs could have reverse-engineered even more potent technology from the Elders.

"Your dropships are ready when you are, Sabre Corps and Twisted Wolves. Good luck out there. Sharon, out."

With that, the AI dissipated, and the soldiers began to move out and head to their respective positions.

Bill
I take a deep breath. Been a while since THROWDOWN.
I check my DES one last time, and summon a small piece of metal to make sure I'm ready.
Satisfied, I dash for the nearest dropship. Not Comet's, I was there only temporarily-wait a moment.
I halt while heading for the dropships. Does the Union allow solo operatives? Might be best to go with a fireteam...
Yeah, time to go with Comet again.
I dash off toward Comet's dropship. Let's do this.

Last edited:
BubbleButt BubbleButt
(BTW, my character's not in armor. I thought I made that clear. I imagine that a KAISYS Gamma is significantly larger than the other variants, so it's not very practical outside of combat. Just to let you know :P)

BubbleButt BubbleButt
(BTW, my character's not in armor. I thought I made that clear. I imagine that a KAISYS Gamma is significantly larger than the other variants, so it's not very practical outside of combat. Just to let you know :P)
(My B, I kind of assumed everyone had armor on, I’ll change it)

Raijin
The Artemis's AI dismissed the room to finalize prep. Raijin got to Fireteam Comet's locker room as quick as possible. As far as he knows, he is the only one that uses such a KAISYS suit. It took a few seconds to put on the suit, with the new upgrades that made the suit more of a single chunk of segmented armor, as opposed to separate plates and harnesses. The suit look almost identical to his only one, complete with a new paint job, as requested. He grabbed his DES-Tesla Variant and his silenced Remington Revolver. As he walked out, Raijin opened his locker to get his collapsible odachi and placed it on the mount on his hip. I'm ready.

Raijin was one of the last people to arrive at the hanger. His ranking officers probably sent him the ID for Fireteam Comet's dropship, but there was no way he could read it, even then, he probably couldn't find the ship. Instead, he followed the man that was sitting next to him earlier. Raijin recognized the unusual neural activity as soon as he saw the man. Or rather, kid, from his what his digital ID says. Is there actually person young than me? Oh... Wait...There's no such thing as anyone older than me...Well...at least he's younger than my legal age...

They got to their dropship soon enough, finding it already mostly full with soldier. Raijin once again took the seat closest to the crew cabin's door.

BubbleButt BubbleButt

J

Finally. Someone took out that Fireteam leader's bitch ass. I turned around to find the noble knight in shining armor, with a muffled laugh barely audible to anyone outside of my helmet. It was Ash. My muffled laugh turned into a slight chuckle, and then nodded to her question, giving a thumbs up with my left hand, the petite green flame consolidating on my thumb, before dissipating completely as the female AI of the ship came up for the briefing. I told my AI to start recording only when Sharon starts to speak, since the damn newbloods howling. The ones that sat nearer to me kept quiet, however. I'd like to think it was my menacing presence that shut them up.

After the briefing, we all left and headed for our dropships, with me once again cradling the green flame in my left hand. It's become my habit nowadays, as it relieves my stress, and keeps me occupied, keeping my mind away from certain thoughts. Like the inevitable defeat of mankind to this superior force, and the enslavement of humanity as a defeated species, killed if we oppose. As we walked to the ships, I got a few weird, and worried looks. It's not everyday when you see an entire Fireteam of ball-busting Twisted Wolves (I mean, I might as well call John and Danny Wolves at this point), with their Fireteam leader's left hand casually burning.

Speaking of which, John and Danny are in a bit of a legal pickle. Technically, they're both Wolf and Sabre. Sabre Wolves, I like to call them. They are still under Sabre Corps command, on the papers, and they are still paid by the New Union. But on the other hand, I command them, and they obey me. Granted, someone who "outranks" me in the actual Corps can still override my orders, but that' something I can live with.

The Fireteam settles down in their dropship, and I motion my hand for the newly arrived Raijin to get in, and the latter does so accordingly. I turn to him and spoke, as we all played the age-old infantry game of "Hurry up and wait". "Hey. How's Hammer holding up?"

Adrian

Fireteam Nexus assembled near our assigned dropship. I got there around the time the two newer members of the Fireteam showed up. Corporals John Carboni and Lucas Seidel. At this point, they've already been through a lot that the war offers, so I can't really call them new guys. Anyways, the motley crew gathered their equipment and walked up the dropship ramp, making sure that nothing of importance was forgotten.

"I'm not so sure about this mission. We're trying another THROWDOWN style infiltration, you know? Who knows if the Smiercs got more security measures to prevent what we pulled off last time."
"Well, if there is one thing I'm glad we are more advanced in, is our computer systems. The Smiercs still use the old binary-style computers, while we migrated to quantum systems a while back. I'm sure we can handle whatever they throw at us."

I walked past Coporal Carboni and Seidel, who were apparently talking about the dangers of this mission. They immediately went silent as I got into my seat across from them, since they are still not that comfortable with my presence. I don't blame them: I'm not really a people-person.

"Fireteam Nexus, welcome aboard New Union Airways. I am Second Lieutenant Marshall Grole, and I will be your captain for today's flight. I'm joined here by Second Lieutenant Sado Kistok as my first officer. Hope you enjoy the flight to the mission dropzone, and good luck out there today.", said a voice through the PA system.

At least our dropship pilot has some humor; no need to be needlessly nervous before a mission, am I right?

"This is Dropship Alpha-Xray-02, lifting off, over."
"Roger that. Safe travels, over."
"Acknowledged, Alpha-Xray-02, out."

After that brief radio transmission, our dropship soared out of the NUSS Artemis III's hangar into open space. Quickly entering formation with the other dropships already launched, our dropship entered hyperspace on schedule. The stars outside the windows stretched into strings before the outside became consumed in blue swirls. Always an eye-candy for newcomers, but not so much for those who saw the scene a million times before.

DM

For the briefing, Captain Nuremberg was nowhere to be seen. Instead, the holo-projector lit up with a figure of a woman in her mid 20's.

"Unfortunately, Captain Nuremberg will not be able to show up for the briefing this morning due to an earlier incident. He is not in danger; just getting some care in the medical ward. I am the NUSS Artemis III's assistant AI, Sharon. Pleased to meet you all."

Some of the more impressionable members of the Sabre Corps let out small hoots, before quickly being silenced by their commanding officers. Yes, even in the 26th century, young-blood boils.

Sharon did not delay getting into the briefing. According to the assistant AI, the mission will take place on the Cesena-01 Fragments. Because of the heavily guarded nature of the Fragments, the Scouting Fleet cannot spare a capital ship for backup and transport. Instead, just like with Operation THROWDOWN, a squadron of dropships will travel through hyperspace and drop the taskforce nearby a debris field around one of the Smierc's least guarded cargo facility.

From there, the New Union taskforce is to sneak aboard an enemy cargo transport in order to infiltrate the base. The mission will involve extraction of data on the completed Smierc green energy bomb and a crippling sabotage of the production facilities. This should allow the New Union to regain the space superiority advantage, as long as New Union ships are fitted with new defensive measures in time.

One of the fears that New Union High Command has regarding the Cesena-01 Fragments is the presence of the Elders' technology on the moon prior to its destruction in the final hours of the Leviathan Crisis. A potential 2nd Crepitus Event was averted back then by the ALT (Anti Leviathan Taskforce); the Smiercs could have reverse-engineered even more potent technology from the Elders.

"Your dropships are ready when you are, Sabre Corps and Twisted Wolves. Good luck out there. Sharon, out."

With that, the AI dissipated, and the soldiers began to move out and head to their respective positions.
Adrian

Fireteam Nexus assembled near our assigned dropship. I got there around the time the two newer members of the Fireteam showed up. Corporals John Carboni and Lucas Seidel. At this point, they've already been through a lot that the war offers, so I can't really call them new guys. Anyways, the motley crew gathered their equipment and walked up the dropship ramp, making sure that nothing of importance was forgotten.

"I'm not so sure about this mission. We're trying another THROWDOWN style infiltration, you know? Who knows if the Smiercs got more security measures to prevent what we pulled off last time."
"Well, if there is one thing I'm glad we are more advanced in, is our computer systems. The Smiercs still use the old binary-style computers, while we migrated to quantum systems a while back. I'm sure we can handle whatever they throw at us."

I walked past Coporal Carboni and Seidel, who were apparently talking about the dangers of this mission. They immediately went silent as I got into my seat across from them, since they are still not that comfortable with my presence. I don't blame them: I'm not really a people-person.

"Fireteam Nexus, welcome aboard New Union Airways. I am Second Lieutenant Marshall Grole, and I will be your captain for today's flight. I'm joined here by Second Lieutenant Sado Kistok as my first officer. Hope you enjoy the flight to the mission dropzone, and good luck out there today.", said a voice through the PA system.

At least our dropship pilot has some humor; no need to be needlessly nervous before a mission, am I right?

"This is Dropship Alpha-Xray-02, lifting off, over."
"Roger that. Safe travels, over."
"Acknowledged, Alpha-Xray-02, out."

After that brief radio transmission, our dropship soared out of the NUSS Artemis III's hangar into open space. Quickly entering formation with the other dropships already launched, our dropship entered hyperspace on schedule. The stars outside the windows stretched into strings before the outside became consumed in blue swirls. Always an eye-candy for newcomers, but not so much for those who saw the scene a million times before.
J

Finally. Someone took out that Fireteam leader's bitch ass. I turned around to find the noble knight in shining armor, with a muffled laugh barely audible to anyone outside of my helmet. It was Ash. My muffled laugh turned into a slight chuckle, and then nodded to her question, giving a thumbs up with my left hand, the petite green flame consolidating on my thumb, before dissipating completely as the female AI of the ship came up for the briefing. I told my AI to start recording only when Sharon starts to speak, since the damn newbloods howling. The ones that sat nearer to me kept quiet, however. I'd like to think it was my menacing presence that shut them up.

After the briefing, we all left and headed for our dropships, with me once again cradling the green flame in my left hand. It's become my habit nowadays, as it relieves my stress, and keeps me occupied, keeping my mind away from certain thoughts. Like the inevitable defeat of mankind to this superior force, and the enslavement of humanity as a defeated species, killed if we oppose. As we walked to the ships, I got a few weird, and worried looks. It's not everyday when you see an entire Fireteam of ball-busting Twisted Wolves (I mean, I might as well call John and Danny Wolves at this point), with their Fireteam leader's left hand casually burning.

Speaking of which, John and Danny are in a bit of a legal pickle. Technically, they're both Wolf and Sabre. Sabre Wolves, I like to call them. They are still under Sabre Corps command, on the papers, and they are still paid by the New Union. But on the other hand, I command them, and they obey me. Granted, someone who "outranks" me in the actual Corps can still override my orders, but that' something I can live with.

The Fireteam settles down in their dropship, and I motion my hand for the newly arrived Raijin to get in, and the latter does so accordingly. I turn to him and spoke, as we all played the age-old infantry game of "Hurry up and wait". "Hey. How's Hammer holding up?"

John Mieras
John was slow to keep up with the rest. But when he caught up he heard the end of the initial speech, which he interpreted as 'We might be fucked but were hoping we not' so to John, this was all to a great start.
He listened to the rest of the announcement and then the ship blasted off into hyperspace. He looked around and saw some amazed faces, John wasn't impressed. So he looked for some more experienced faces, his fire-team 'leader' was shifting around with a flame in his hand. Experienced, but hyper. Maybe he was nervous, or maybe he was ready to change something. John couldn't tell.
John was rarely a deep thinker, but he knew something had to help from the results of this operation. He just feared death, he wants to go out in a blaze of glory. He wants his name in the history books, and the way this contract is set up is that if he dies. The New Union would have to cover it up, not even a gravestone with a name on it. Just folders covered with black paint and a red stamp.
After feeling like he had stared at the person directly across from him while thinking for too long. He looked back to his 'leader' not saying a word. He smirked, the smile showing though the armour just fine. On account of the faceplate being blown off.

As the AI had finished her briefing, I made sure I had everything prepared and made off for the same ship as Team Comet’s. It was a temporary assignment from higher ups so I wasn’t teamless. I was a little concerned considering I hadn’t gotten to know anyone yet, teamwork would be a little rough. However, I was ok with the lineup so far, nobody seemed like complete assholes at the time... not yet anyways. I sat next to the man I sat next to during the briefing inside the dropship, he decided to sit close to the crew cabin door as well. There was another man beckoning my somewhat familiar acquaintance, despite the extremely small amount of interaction we’ve had. He mentioned someone called Hammer, most likely another teammate I haven’t met.

I turned on my optic camo to see if it works. My body quickly flicked to an almost invisible state, barely visible to the naked eye in the light. Yup, it works... I turned it off and my body went back to a solid state instantaneously. It feels good to have superior technology on my side, it helps a lot in a bind. I went through a menu UI on my wrist panel to look at my recently met teammate so I could identify him. Raijin was the man next to me, he used KAISYS Gamma and has control over electrical currents, most of that I found out for myself already. Good to actually know his name now. I switched off my wrist panel and waited for anything to happen.

Eventually the ship took lift off and after a short time zipped through hyper-space with the entire gang on board, ready to kick ass.

QizPizza QizPizza

After the briefing I followed after J, sitting across from him in the dropship. I got a few odd looks, I was one of the few Captains who did not sit with thier Fireteam, but I was never the hardcore commander type anyway.
"Good to hear you're alright. I... Haven't had as much luck." I said warily, sliding my hand over my visor.
"Sleep has been a problem... Because of him." I said, knowing J knew who I was talking about.

Last edited:
Raijin
When Raijin sat down, J spoke, "Hey. How's Hammer holding up?"

"Well. He should be here soon enough."

As Raijin spoke, Hammer got in and took the seat across from Raijin. Following him was the kid that sat next to him during briefing, who took the seat next me.

"Missing out on briefing Sergeant Hammer?"

"Maybe..."

"Tsk tsk. You have to set an example for the new recruits, you aren't a Private anymore. I've sent the brief to your communicator."

"Thank you, sir."

"No need. Just don't miss a briefing like I did. I don't want you repeating Fireteam Mako's...incident."

"Understood, sir."

Raijin felt the hyper-space engines fire up and felt the light jolt as they entered hyper-space. This was a relatively novel experience for Raijin. Most of the time, he was forced to stay in a stasis pod during hyper-space flights. The hyper-space engineers, as well as the pilots and basically anyone who had access to his files, were concerned that his powers would cause a "catastrophic engine failure." Raijin didn't get his degrees in hyper-space engineering, but that didn't sound good, so he consented for years. Now that he had a suit that was insulated, the risk was greatly reduced, for both him, and everyone else.

Next to Raijin, the new kid used what was supposed to be a cloaking device. Try all you want. Optical, digital and traditional camo won't work on me. Using that optical camo only makes you more conspicuous to me. The only thing that you can do to hide from me is to find some way to disrupt electromagnetic signals or get out of range from my sight. Regardless, the Smeirc won't be able to see him, and it'll help Raijin find him when he's hiding.

And here he sat, waiting for the ship to drop out of hyper-space.

Dav

I was thinking more about home ever since Portus. Sure, the ops didn't go so smooth, but I can't say we could've done better. It was a vital shipyard to the Collective, and we sure blew that ugly-ass station to kingdom come. Damn horrific, I say. Anyway, with their assault fleet in this sector somewhat disabled, it was only a matter of time until we drop and liberate the conquered planets, Vaccaro being one of them. Excited, sure, but I've heard of the living condition on Portus after our attack. I would like to think it was an inevitable sacrifice for such an accomplishment.

Anyway, new assignment, so hyped, so keen. They wanted us to go and investigate some rock. Cesena-01, apparently they suspect some Smierc activity there, and we were their pick to survey the site and possibly take necessary actions to sabotage any plans the Smierc might be up to in that field of lifeless fragments.

I arrived at our designated dropship, with almost all of its passengers onboard. I gazed up, trying to get a whole picture of the ship, nothing out of the ordinary, casual military transport vessel. But it did raise a thought in my mind, what was it again? Hm . . .

Ah, right, my gunship. Or rather, it was mine AND Joachim's, we shared the payment and maintenance fee, but it was mostly me, that guy was just broke. Anyway, a lot has happened in the past month, including that I've received word from that blackmarket dry-dock. They're wrapping up the repairs for the gunship, and are demanding the second part of the payment. Sure, we came to an agreement for that, but they have also suggested a refit for the thing, and offered a discount for that. I mean it was tempting, y'know, no pilot would turn down such an offer, considering that ship was pretty ancient. But my credits at the time could only afford so much. Damn the bureaucrats, they aren't paying us mercs enough. God-dammit.

Right, enough of that, hopping back to the situation at hand. I found myself an empty seat near Danny and John, and made myself comfortable. Thinking about this ops, I couldn't help but wonder what could have caught the damn Smiercs' attention in those space-rocks. Somehow, I just had this bad feeling about it.

But I tried to stay positive, so I spoke up, hoping to get some insight and stuff. Yeah, hearing my mates' opinion on this might be nice.

"So, any ideas what we might expect folks?"

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 QizPizza QizPizza Kabboom Kabboom GearBlade654 GearBlade654

Chak Chak

(The Smierc language has been mostly decoded by this point. Several technical jargon is hard or impossible to translate at the moment. Some of the slang too cannot be translated yet. Just basic phrases/sentences. Plus, everybody has an assistant AI for translation purposes / tactics.)

Chak Chak

(The Smierc language has been mostly decoded by this point. Several technical jargon is hard or impossible to translate at the moment. Some of the slang too cannot be translated yet. Just basic phrases/sentences. Plus, everybody has an assistant AI for translation purposes / tactics.)
(Cool, Ilik can understand Smierc, and can speak it on a basic scale, but it seems people will likely know him by his Smierc given name before they know his real name.)

Adeliina Spadania(Arclight 3)// Status: Agitated, Stressed
FireTeam: Arclight

I could barely get the chance to introduce the new leader of Arclight before he made a complete fool of himself. The others saw to it that his demeanor was not the sort that an officer should maintain as Omaha's leader berated him and the gunnery sergeant gave him a light jolt. I attempted to move to stop them but held my place. Larson seemed unamused at the talking to and simply shook away his jolt although every once in awhile rubbed his neck obviously irritated by both instances. Looking at the dossiers on the others as I returned a simple nod to Raijin as it was all I could manage at the time I noticed that he had been stripped of his position as well. The others all in turn took their seats and the brief began I began taking any and all visual references displayed and saved them to my device to continue memorizing. As the A.I dissipated I stood saluting the officers before leaving toward my dropship. It seemed like this time Arclight would be part of the initial entry and not part of the recovery forces like usual. Granted it was a change of pace but this kind of change normally had an effect on the soldiers in the execution of the operation. together we stood once again I was not allowed the opportunity to converse with the others.
we made our way back toward our dropship as I sent the op order to the other members of the fire team standing by the shuttle. Making the same turn down the corridor I was stopped by Larson's lack of movement.

"Sir is something..?!"

"I hope your friends had their fun as after this op I will be reporting them to higher, and as for you"

He turned toward me pushing me back against the corridors wall. His hand gripped firmly on my shoulder as I kept his gaze my blood boiling in anticipation and anger.
I attempted to speak and tell him that this was not condoned but he tightened his grasp to keep me quiet.

"I will place you under suspension if you continue your insubordination towards me. Follow orders and keep us alive, You are this fire teams shield not it's leader got it?!"

"Roger...Sir"

He releases me with a nod his gaze holding a bit longer before turning and finishing the trek toward the DS, I in turn follow putting on my helmet to hide my obvious disdain for this man.

Entering the vessel the pressurization process begins as I take my seat and strap in beside Larson and Francois, Chief begins the start up sequence and we pull away from the Artemis III.
The pilot begins the drive systems as the vessel starts to feel lighter and zero G takes effect in the cabin. I look towards the other members of the fire team even Levataine seemed irked and I almost expected him to be on Larson's side.
I nodded to let them know everything was alright and they returned to their gear as the ship began to hum as it continued preparation for the jump.

QizPizza QizPizza
Perambulation Perambulation
LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
Kabboom Kabboom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back