• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Bill
Here we go. Perhaps the most crucial part in this war. This is a great chance to disrupt the Collective's supply line. But in doing so, it's almost like a final throw of the dice.
A grim look crosses my face. No room for mistakes. One mistake... and the Sigma Sector can only look forward to tyrants. And if Lee taught me something on recon... it's to give everything you got to stop them and any future evil that might strike.

I head to the Hoverjeeps. I will lay down my life if it means the Smiercs fall today.
Let's do this.

Last edited:
GearBlade654 GearBlade654

(Hey, could you maybe write a bit more complex posts, if possible. It's just a bit distracting to see such short posts. This applies to you too, LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 . Think of this as an exercise to expand your writing prowess. No insult to both y'all's RPing so far)

J

As I walked towards the briefing area, and some rebel troops run past me to guard our dropships, I heard Ash speak up. Apparently, that pat on the back was her. I turned around, and shook my head. "Nah, it's nothing. I was just..." I stare a bit blankly into the sand to her left, "...seeing some things, I guess." I said while shrugging my shoulders then continued walking.

I listened through the briefing. I had my AI record it, just in case as well. The AI even took time to download the briefing plans and maps, for my viewing pleasure and potential reference in the operation. Though, some part of me still thinks this is a load of bullshit. I never can imagine, 40 dropships' worth of people, armed to the teeth, can sneak into some transports, bypass security, fly up to those ships, somehow evade the enemy when they dock, and plant nukes stealthily upon every ship.

But, orders are orders. And if we do succeed, somehow, then maybe Portus would be liberated. I headed to the hover-jeeps, clambering onto the seat beside the driver's, putting my LMG butt-down onto the hull. The rest of Fireteam Comet make-do, cramming themselves onto the jeep, with Dav sitting behind me in the passenger seats.

I glance over to Fireteam Omaha, and give them a nod. I don't really know why I nodded to them, but I just felt like it was something nice to do.

"Alright then." I say quietly as J and I make our way to the briefing. I listened intently to the plan, not wanting to miss a single word. The plan these rebels have shown us is, albeit crazy and probably suicidal, was better than what the New Union made us do in our own dropships. Tex downloads the map of where the transports are held, and I make note to study it on our way to the area. I step out and look at Katherine as she says something about what I said to her back on Yabrao.

"Amen to that. This plan they have is crazy, but it's better than what the brass have offered us." I say with a slight grin. I take a seat in the back of one of the hover jeeps, watching as everyone else made seating arrangements in the jeeps. This was the start of sabotaging the Smierc, again. "Hopefully this goes better than last time." I muttered under my breath, not realizing I said it.

( Perambulation Perambulation I try to write enough to cover the situation and push the RP further, but what you said is noted and will be worked on.)

Katherine

I was busy inspecting element my pistol when one of the new members to Comet came up to me and introduced himself. "I'm Katherine... Well, just Katherine. Back in my sector, we're not really assigned a last name since family relationships can get very, very complicated. Anyways, welcome Carter."

I nod back at J, doing a head count of our team before hopping in the shotgun seat of the jeep. Funny that there was an actual pump action shotgun and a box of shells laying beside my seat. I guess they were taking 'riding shotgun' seriously. I picked it up to inspect it, before grabbing five shells from the box, sliding two and then another three into the side port and pumping it.

"You know Captain, the one thing we're doing differently than Yabrao is that we're going in without making a scene. By doing this, we have the element of surprise. Preemptively striking them was probably our best move."

Last edited:
DM

The hover-jeep convoy heads out towards the Smierc's main HQ on Portus, where they oversee their administration of the now Smierc occupied planet. As the convoy moves on, the New Union soldiers could see various landmarks, or as many landmarks a primarily desert planet could have, have been either destroyed or severely damaged. This was most likely to demoralize the inhabitants of Portus and further remind them of their new status as subjects of the Smierc Collective.

The convoy stops as it approaches the main HQ's gate, where both physical guards and remote drones patrol to keep the still active Portus underground rebels away. The rebel leader, Kris Nantucket, lets out a little smile as he presses a button to shut down the security systems. The rebels managed to plant several moles into the Smierc ranks, as the Smiercs had resorted to using New Union people for administrative purposes and maintenance due to the lack of Smierc personnel.

Once the security systems are down, a small detachment of rebels manage to sneak up behind the few Smierc guards and knock them out, piling them into one of the many underground bunkers the rebels had set up.

"Let's move people. We're not going to have that much time to get the 4 cargo transports for us.", Kris transmitted over the comms.

With that said, the Portus underground movement's leader led the way through the main gates, as the few rebel moles planted in the main HQ come out to discretely pass security clearance codes for the cargo ships.

Adrian

Man, these rebels thought further ahead than I would have imagined. Many of them could have their entire families sent to labor camps or even executed if they were caught by the Smiercs, yet they managed to plant moles within the Smierc ranks and disable their security measures before we entered the premises.

"Fireteam Nexus, our objective is to quickly find a suitable cargo transport for our group of dropships. Let's stay ahead of the schedule, alright?"
"Affirm, Captain."

That reply came from one of the newer members of the Fireteam, John Carboni. It made me feel some measure of pressure, as I continue to get accustomed to my status as a Captain, rather than a lowly Corporal.

Bill
"Ready to go."
I clench my teeth and get my DES out. The grim look on my face is deepening, but anyone looking closely can detect some respect for the rebels.
Murmuring "For the Sigma Sector.", I walk off the jeep and head to the HQ.

Daelen

The landing was smooth and unremarkable, but then obviously we didn't want enemy sensors to pick up their signatures the moment we touched the ground. As soon as we exited the dropships, we were graciously greeted by the local rebel forces, who somehow managed to show up in time. Timing was crucial to this mission, and we all knew that pretty well. After all, it wasn't an easy task, if not somewhat impossible - an outright suicide mission. At least, that was what I thought, but I figured it would be best if I kept it to myself. No good draining the morale when the fray haven't even started. Maybe the big-wigs knew the risks, and decided that it was worth it. If we successfully sabotage this facility, that would be one helluva punch across the Collective's proud, cocky jaw.

Oh, the part about this being a suicide mission didn't really concern me anymore. Every missions I was involved so far with the New Union had been suicidal, more or less. Yet somehow we all pulled it through just fine.

Upon exiting the dropship, I noticed Joachim, staring into the distance, mumbling something. The man appeared to be surprised, or frightened at the sight of something, or someone. Now, I never once doubted Joachim, we've been through so much together and I seriously couldn't even start to recall how many times Joachim had to save my sorry arse, but there was something I had to admit: The man's behaviour had been rather . . . odd. But surely we will have plenty of time to talk and noticing each others' changes in behaviour once we were done with the task at hand.

I hopped into one of the hover-jeeps after his comrades. Leaning my battle scarred LMG onto the vehicle's cold, metallic frame, I reviewed the notes my AI had prepared, notes concerning the mission, when it struck me square in the head. Now, I was grateful that the local rebel s had offered significant assistance. But it wouldn't be possible for the rebels to cover our backs all the way: once we got onto the orbital facility, it'd be up to us alone to accomplish the task. The Smierc are smart, very smart. Smart enough to defeat us in every confrontation so far. They wouldn't have such an important facility unprotected. So if we were to destroy the facility, we will either have to face some serious resistance, not to mention the reinforcements that could be summoned anytime, unless we were going to do it really smart and quiet.

But I guess I was a bit too worried. The local rebels already had everything laid down ahead for us, and they were on schedule too. It seemed a bit too easy, but maybe it was just me. They were risking the safety of themselves and their families to aid us. Then again, no one is entirely safe on a Smierc-occupied world. All we could do to repay their sweat and blood was to accomplish our task, and maybe liberate Portus in the near future as well. Liberating Portus from Smierc occupation. That's when suddenly it came to me: if we manage to make this right, maybe I'll finally get to go home. Maybe we're going to liberate Vaccaro as well. I felt my heart beating faster at the thought.

Hopping off the jeep, I gathered up with the rest of Fireteam Comet and others.

"So, personally, I don't expect this to be easy. Let's not waste any time, we need to find a transport. - I spoke up. "About our new members, maybe you guys can brief us on what you can and can't do, your specialty on the way?- I addressed the new members, before turning to Joachim and the rest- From that I'm confident we can come up with some appropriate tactics. But I seriously recommend against going in there head-on."

J

Wow. That was quick work of the security measures. I wonder how long have they been planning this. I also wonder how many of them have been captured prior to this day. I don't know if any of them are still alive, but I think it goes without saying everyone knows the answer to that question.

I, along with the entirety of Fireteam Comet, hop off our hover-jeeps, giving a nod to our rebel driver, who is now working on camouflaging it, and walk towards the HQ to receive clearance codes for the cargo ships. I glance around, at the unconscious Smierc guards being dragged into underground bunkers for "safekeeping", and other rebels embracing the "guard" rebels, obviously being friends. After a long time without contact, I'd imagine they have a lot to tell each other.

My friend Dav speaks up to the new guys, and I nod. He then turns to me. I think about it for a while, and respond. "Noted, Dav. We should try to avoid head-on contact, but..." I glanced down at my LMG, and everyone's weapons, "...it'll be hard infiltrating without silenced weapons. But I guess Fireteam Comet's gonna have to hang back, since Omaha's better equipped for this stuff."

Speaking of stealth, my dark red armor isn't colored the best for stealth in the shadows. Maybe I should get a tarp or something, wrap it around me. Nah, that's just extra effort. I open up the comms channel with Fireteam Omaha and Fireteam Nexus, keeping what Ash said about transmissions being detectable, trying to keep my message as short as possible. "Omaha, Nexus, Comet here. We're not armed properly for stealth so you're gonna have to do most of the sneaky kills, over." Yikes. Hope that was short enough.

Carter Nyles
I was stuffed in the back of the hover-jeep with all the spare gear and utilities, but I gave no signs of disapproval. I wanted to keep my spirits high, as high as they could be during an absolute suicide mission, that is. Having been a fireteam leader previously, I knew the importance of having a good attitude. Morale was key in a situation like this. After all, taking down half a fleet would be damn near impossible if everyone was being a hardass. So I kept my mouth shut for the ride, and tried to keep from knocking my head on the side of the jeep with each incline and decline the jeep surpassed.

I was awfully glad when I heard the jeep come to a slow stop, knowing my head would be relieved of the constant banging on the metal interior soon. I slid out the back of the jeep, making sure I had all my gear with me before linking up with my temporary fireteam. I overheard part of what Joachim was saying over his comms, but luckily that was all I needed to fill in the gaps of what I had missed. He had been talking about our lack of proper gear for a stealth mission, and I half questioned why we hadn't been supplied with the proper gear for the mission in the first place. With the way the war was going though, I guess it may have been difficult to allocate the proper resources. Or maybe they didn't feel like spending extra resources on a suicide mission. One can only hope it was the former rather than the latter.

(I did say I was on vacation, Perambulation Perambulation . You would've caught that if you were reading my posts. I'll be back tomorrow though if you didn't and I'll be back to posting regularly again by then.)

Katherine

For the most part, the quick takedown of the security measures were what should have been implemented by the New Union weeks ago. All and all, generally not impressed, even if it was executed by the rebels, who presumably have less tech than us.

Two encrypted transmission came into my comms from J, telling us that he's going to let us deal with stealthy takedowns, and from the rebels, giving us a full map of the complex and clearance codes for the ships. "Got it."

Rebels were dragging off unconscious guards, and were obviously having a ton of fun doing so, swinging them around, kicking them, pulling a few limbs, and generally using them as a punching bag. No bleeding yet, but I assume that'll change when they get into the bunker.

I turned off my transmitter, making sure only our teammates heard, "Alright, I believe the transports are in the central landing area, seeing it's the only place for four cargo starships to possibly fit."

(Sorry, was still mourning the loss of our slice of literature. Fuck ROBLOX.)

DM

The local Smierc commander began to notice some oddities in the security measures of the cargo transport landing sites. The footage seemed to be a bit quieter than usual, and the security guards seemed to be speaking in strange voices. No matter, the Smierc commander thought, as he proceeded to check the upcoming security clearance codes for the next cargo shipment of 4 cargo transports.

"All is in order, commander.", answered one of the other Smiercs in administrative duty.

With that said, the Smierc commander continued to mind his own business. Nothing much happened ever since the Smierc's total takeover of Portus, as the natives called it. For the Smiercs, this planet reminded of their own desert world in their home system, so they renamed it Piasek.

Adrian

I heard an incoming transmission from Joachim of Fireteam Comet. Apparently they're trying to inform us that they don't have the necessary stealth gear for the mission, which I found odd.

"Fireteam Comet, you should have been issued silencers for your weapons for the mission, remember? Anyways, Fireteam Nexus has found our cargo transport and will begin takeover operations, over."

It was true, as Corporal Carboni pointed out one of the Smierc's massive cargo transports. That thing might as well be almost 10 dropships in size, which works for our own objectives. Thankfully for us, the cargo transports were not manned, though some security personnel are present for guard-work. It wasn't a tough task to take care of the armed guards, as I silently drove my Focus Crystal Blade through their weak points and covered their mouths.

"Fireteam Nexus has secured a dropship. Personnel of our dropship group, head over to our IFF beacon, over."

Bill
"Silencers? Roger."
I put the silencer on my DES. Hope it works.
I then proceed to mount one on my BEP. Also looking rather worrying. Both are energy weapons-hope no one sees them. Then again, someone's probably thought of that.
"Alright, ready for action. Just give me orders and I'll carry them out."
I ready my DES. Time to knock them out, but first...
"Fireteam Nexus? Merely confirming this. 1 dropship per fireteam?"

J

"Oh. Right. Got it. Comet out." I replied awkwardly to Nexus. Why wasn't I notified of this? I glance around at my Fireteam, and see John and Danny installing silencers on their weapons. Parkins is putting the silencer on his sidearm, and I look at Carlison, who looked a bit ashamed. He finally took out a few silencers and handing them to me. "I kinda forgot to tell you. Sorry, sir." He said.

I sighed, and installed it on my Strajk sidearm. It would be a bit difficult to do accurate headshots with an automatic weapon, but I'll try. My AI opens up the location of Nexus, and plotted a safe course towards their IFF beacon accordingly. "Alright, Comet, let's go. They've acquired a transport. Judging by the size of these things..." I glance towards the huge transports, their cargo storage probably about 10 times more than our dropships, "... Our entire dropship group will fit. On me." I then continue walk-sneaking, making sure everyone in my Fireteam is following me.

Soon enough, we reach them, and I give Adrian a friendly nod, as I position my guys to provide eyes on the surrounding areas, keep a look out for any guards.

Katherine

I peeked around the corner, before waving Miller to come over. Checking the map I was given, we were leaving the south-western auxiliary corridor and entering the main hallway up ahead. With no guards up ahead, I walked through the hall, following the beacon that Adrian set in the courtyard for where the transports are. We arrived, unhindered by enemies for once.

Those rebels did a very good job cleaning out the guards, and those transports are huge. It still feels strange to not have to fight our way to an objective, but none of our teammates died.

Since no one is entering the ship right now, I suppose we're just going to be waiting for the rest of our group and further orders. Miller whispered orders to our team, telling us to get behind something, put on our suppressors, and keep an eye out for any guards.

Carter Nyles​

I gave Joachim a pat on the shoulder to get his attention as we walked in the direction of the dropship. "Staying back. If shit goes a little haywire or you need me to clip someone, you know how to signal me," I told him, my voice at a whisper. With that said, I broke off from the group and set up in some nearby shrubbery. It was sparse cover, but it at least gave some better concealment than the open dunes would, so I counted myself as lucky to have it. I hunkered down, flat on my stomach with my rifle suppressed and positioned to fit the pocket of my shoulder firmly and comfortably. I got sight of part of fireteam Comet and waited for them to make their move. From my vantage point, I could neutralize any threat should the need arise, and I could still make it onto the dropship in only a few seconds time since I was only about 75-100 meters out from the gargantuam ship.

(Shorter post, not much to write about here.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back