• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ℋ℮їґṧ: SIGMA (Sci-Fi/Powers/Interstellar Warfare RP)

Edgar Ambrose

"Copy," the captain of Fireteam Chimera said. Everyone in the Fireteam was already in the jeeps, and instantly just went off into our objective. Edgar had his trusty secondary out rather than his primary as usual, and constructed quite a few bullets that floated near him for if there were a lot of the Mortus Troopers. The others had their weapons out as well. They were all about to jump out of the jeeps to follow what the captain of Nexus motioned, which is to jump onto the walls but just then came the heavy fire for them. Crystal Bolts had rained down upon them all, and they all activated their KRESS. And just then, Nexus requested for some support.

"Copy that, this is Captain Denzel Mayers of Fireteam Chimera and we are coming to support, over." And with that, we all had began to give some support to them. Fireteam Chimera did the best they could, firing at them all and using their powers as well in order to help them all. Edgar also helped support, firing his trusty secondary with exploding bullets at the enemy and using the bullets he created earlier to shoot at them all. And not only that, as Edgar continued to shoot, he used his Singularities technique and conjured up a few of them near the enemy in hopes to suck them up and then proceeded to use his Euphoric Reality technique to get them as high as a kite and vulnerable to attacks. After he did use them, he already began to experience his mental strain that he would get often on the battlefield. But still, he kept on shooting just as the others did.

Adrian

Thanks to Fireteam Chimera's efforts, Fireteam Nexus is able to move into one of the guard installations of the right wall of the Central Defense Station, taking out the rest of the defensive force without too much trouble. Captain Pedersen pulled up a hand, signaling to the rest of the Fireteam that the area is cleared.

"This is Captain Pedersen to Captain Denzel. We've cleared the right flank guard installations of the wall. We should be able to proceed to disable the Central Defense Station's control over the orbital defense stations, which should allow the Recovery Fleet to conduct a massive orbital bombardment as planned, over."

Adrian

The Captain quietly led Fireteam Nexus towards the main communications array of the Central Defense Station. Strangely enough, we didn't see any guards in the vicinity while on our way. Just then, I thought I saw a glimpse of a Smierc Collective soldier in the corner of my eye, and quickly snapped my HoloRifle's sight onto the enemy. However, I didn't see the soldier within my sights; seems like he managed to either escape to cover or was never there to begin with.

"Captain, you go on ahead. Corporal Amis and I will stay back and cover our rear flank."
"Roger that. Keep your eyes peeled."

Just as the rest of the Fireteam slowly began to take off, the Captain grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards him.

"Corporal Adrian... just don't pull off any more heroic antics. We're a team, remember? We can't have you just try and save everybody without any regard for your own safety..."

With that, the Captain moved off towards the communication array, with the Heavy Support Trooper, Sergeant Jun Doko, leading the way with the explosive charges to kick start the orbiting Recovery Fleet's offensive.

I thought that the mission wouldn't be too bad with so little resistance from the enemy on Yabrao.

Boy am I wrong...

Just as I let out a sigh of relief, several explosions quickly knocked me off the ground. As I frantically scanned the surroundings with my HoloRifle in hand, I saw the Fireteam in shambles and in craters. Overhead, I saw several Smierc Collective attack fighters soar on by. Seems like we've been hit with an aerial strafing run.

"Captain!!", I yelled as I rushed towards him.

The Captain was a sorry mess. The KRESS couldn't handle the sudden massive explosion of shrapnel and overloaded, and I saw several thick pieces of shrapnel stuck in the Captain's KAISYS armor. I quickly began to patch the injuries with my Field Medical Kit when I noticed a group of Mortus Troopers heading towards our position.

Corporal Amis and the rest of the able-bodied survivors quickly fired their own salvo of HoloRifle and HoloLMG fire to keep the enemy at bay, while I ferried the unconscious soldiers into safe cover. The Captain quickly grabbed me by the arms.

"Corporal, we need to get that communications array down, do you understand! We need to get that comm...", he shouted to me, before being struck in the head by a stray crystal-bolt from a Mortus Trooper. In my hands, I now held a corpse with a bloody pulp to call a head.

"Seargeant Doko... I think you're the leader of our Fireteam now...", I muttered into the local comms before noticing that he lay in the mud, dead from another round of crystal-bolts.

Is this happening?

What is going on...?

Katherine

Everything seemed to be going well. Since Fireteam Nexus was holding down most of the Smierc Collective forces, we were able to get close enough to the Central Defense Station without drawing attention to ourselves... I think.

The captain "parked" into a thick layer of vegetation not far from the Station before telling us all to get out, and giving us our orders.

"Heavies, lay down some cover fire for Fireteam Nexus and our Frontliners while they get to reasonable cover.

"Katherine, you know what to do."

"What I was born to do sir." I replied before firing my grappling hook into a tall tree, hoisting myself up into the canopy and whipping out my rifle, and throwing out my drone before aiming down at the Smiercs below. "Keep in touch alright?"

In the corner of my eyes, I could see the Heavies firing their LMGs straight at the thickest part of the Smierc force as the Frontliners get behind barricades and wall corners.

Joachim

I woke up, my mind absolutely scrambled. The entire dropship had gone dark. Not a sign of life. Whatever lighting system there was, I couldn't remember, was gone now. The entire interior was only illuminated by the occasional spark and flickering of the display screens that are still functioning. I grunt, and try to call out to anyone who's not unconscious, or even alive at this point.
"Fireteam Comet, sound off."
To my relief, some people sounded off in response. To my worry, not enough people sounded off in response. There was one of the Recon troopers from the Sabre Corps we dropped down with, right next to the exit hatch, who was still kind-of alive. His arm's stuck, and his legs feel weird. And there was Daelen, my friend, who had managed to release himself from the straps, and is leaning against the hull.

"Alright, let's move. Round up our guys, see who's alive, and then--"

My orders were cut out, by a Mortus Trooper ripping out the door with his sheer strength alone. Sabre Corps guy near the hatch panics, and tries to pull out his sidearm with his good hand. Unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough, as the Mortus Trooper quickly dispatched the poor guy with a Strajk sidearm, unleashing a deadly torrent of ammunition right through the man. Some of the pellets hit me, scratching my face, leaving behind a scorch mark, as my Silentian abilities get to work.

I point my hand at him while my other hand pulls at the strap release, unleashing a vortex of flame directly at the ugly thing, keeping it busy. I turn to my friend, who's combat ready right now.
"Spear that guy now!"

20 MINUTES EARLIER

"Alright, team, listen up!"
I yelled to the members of my fireteam, one joint task force out of many thrown together by the brass up at New Union Command. The team consists mostly of "green" Sabre Corps members, all of them Corporals, accompanied by experienced mercenaries, like Davo and I. The general idea is to "bleed" some of our experience into them. Make 'em more experienced under good leadership or something. Not that I think it'll work, considering it's the New Union and all.
"We're about to get dropped onto Yabrao, a known enemy hotspot for all things involving weaponry and munitions. Make no mistake, people, this is a hostile combat zone. This is NOT like your training. Medics won't be able to reach you all the time, your ammo will run short. Things. Will. Happen. Stick close to me, and we just might be able to get through this alive. Roger?"

I was never a man of theatrics or pep-talk. I believe that every man and woman in the Sabre Corps have their own motivations to fight, and that they don't need to be spoon-fed some false patriotic saying from a guy who's probably just as scared as they are.

"We're gonna be part of the second wave, when the LZ's been secured. We'll head down there, and push up. Now strap in! Stay alert, and stay alive! Good luck!"

The team quickly assembled in the dropship, and strapped themselves in. Everyone looked nervous. Some were trying to just have a friendly chat with others, to keep death off their minds. Some close their eyes, trying desperately to sleep. Some, just staring into space, or tapping their foot incessantly. Soon enough, our ship, the NUSS Invictus, along with other ships of the Fleet, exited warp, and we were flung into a catastrophic space battle.

Out the window, I could see one of the many ships that got here first, the NUSS Kronos, holding its ground against the numerous amounts of Smierc fighter aircraft. An explosion or two erupted on the ship's bow as it sailed past ours. As soon as we exited warp, we took an obnoxious amount of enemy fire. Anti-ship missiles, launched all the way from the planet's surface, narrowly miss us, as the point-defense weapon systems on the Invictus did their work. One slipped through, however, and hit not far from our dropship, incinerating 2 of the dropships on our right. My fireteam caught a brief glimpse of the burning men evacuating those dropships, screaming terribly, before the hatches closed, and their shrieks of agony were snuffed out.

"All dropships, launch, launch, launch!" cried the speakers, and our dropship engines spool up for blast-off. Another announcement called for Damage Control on our hangar area, to contain the 2 other dropships' fires, but was cut off mid-announcement as our dropship zoomed away.

The high G-Forces pressed us against our seats, contorting our face muscles, giving us funny faces, but absolutely nothing was funny about the situation. The anti-ship missiles, although designed for things far bigger than our dropships, were still highly lethal, zooming past us at an alarmingly close proximity.

Another dropship came into view, right next to us, but only for a brief second. After that, an anti-ship missile hit the thing dead-on, killing all crew instantly. Part of the fuselage was fragmented over to us, heavily damaging our ship. We were spinning out with violent turbulence, with almost everyone inside screaming at the top of their lungs. Myself included.

By some miracle, the pilots kept the heat shield in place, allowing us to survive orbital entry. However, bad news: we were off course. I could tell from the adrenaline-fueled glimpses out of the window when the clouds dissipated. Instead of the LZ, we were headed for the enemy installation itself, veering off slightly, near the right wall of the Central Defense Station.

A Smierc fighter strafed some unlucky Sabre Corps Fireteam who were surprisingly near the CDS, and that was the last thing I saw before we hit the ground.

Last edited:
Daelen

-The previous day-

I met Joachim and the rest of the fireteam we were appointed to in the mess hall. The team is somewhat a mixed bunch, consisting mostly of Sabre Corps rookies. The bigwigs at New Union Command expected these Corporals to learn a thing or two from the experienced folks assigned to them. Me and Joachim were heavy support troopers. Our marksmen, Corporal Felix Heikkinen and Corporal Jaime Carlison. The rest of the fireteam were Frontline Operatives, which included Corporal Jorun Gelo, Corporal Erwin Bord, Corporal Kira Ito and Corporal Valentin Nowak.
"Excited for the big day?"-I said to Joachim as I looked over the Sabre Corps rookies. The man chuckled softly.

We are named Fireteam Comet, and considering the fact that we were going to take part in the invasion of Yabrao, and were to be deployed from the planet's orbit by dropships, the guy who named these Fireteams sure came up with a great name.

-Present-

My eyes opened widely, though I saw nothing. The interior of the dropship was dark, with lights flickering occasionally from the display screens. Lying next to me was a heavy hulk of a KAISYS armour, strapped to the chair, blood dripping gently from its broken V-shaped visor. Underneath it were cold, lifeless eyes, staring at me. I looked away from the corpse as I snapped the straps while searching my rusty memory for the corpse's name. Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice calling out.

"Fireteam Comet, sound off.", said my friend Joachim, who was also the captain of the squad.

Some voices sounded, it was obvious to tell that many of us were killed by the crash. Fuckin' hell, we sure came in like a comet. I let out a soft grunt as my back felt like a sledgehammer pounded it.

"Ye, Daelen here, here mate.", I answered his call as I leaned towards the ship's hull, pulling out my Dzida. A loud, ear-scratching metallic sound suddenly cut through Joachim's sentence. Flash. A Mortus trooper ripped the hatch with his bare hands. Flash. The Smierc shot one of the young Sabre Corps corporal dead with his sidearm. I swung my weapon to my back, and I heard Joachim shouting out something as I dashed towards the Smierc and thrusted through his armour and body with my right hand. His blood spilled all over my armour, as the Smierc screamed in agony. He dropped his Strajk, punched and scratched my helmet before letting out his last grunt and collapsed on me as my right arm thrusted even deeper through the Smierc's chest.

"Filthy bastard.", I cursed, and two other Mortus troopers outside caught my attention as they pointed their rifles at us. Swiftly, I held the dead Smierc with my right hand inside his chest and reached for my revolver with my other hand. There were small clicking sounds as the crystal bolts from the Mortus troopers' rifles shredded through the air and hit the dead Smierc's SKANDIA armour. I felt the jolt of the corpse as the crystals hit it. A crystal bolt pierced through the corpse and narrowly missed me, hitting the ship's floor to my right.

I swung my revolver up and pointed it towards them before I pulled the trigger. I missed. I cursed loudly, when gunfire could be heard from behind me as Joachim got one of his hand released from the straps and fired his Strajk at the troopers, stunning them. And then, apparently, another one of our team woke to the gunfire. It was one of our marksmen. Dazed as he was, he was quite the good shot, as his rounds struck the Mortus troopers square in the head and neck. They collapsed like bags of dirt to the ground, no grunt, just like that.

I let out a relief sigh, pushing the dead Mortus off my right arm, and picked up my Dzida and leaned it on my shoulder.

"That must've been a recon squad. Come now mates, let's get out of here and meet up with other fireteams before more of these fiends find us."-I said as I kneeled down and removed the Focus Crystal from the alien's armour.

Last edited:
Adrian

I continued to shake within my armor as the crystal-bolts flew overhead. The surviving members of Fireteam Nexus struggled to get into a good position to even provide some covering fire for us to escape. The Mortus Troopers are advancing on my position, and my HoloRifle is empty. The nearest magazine is on the other side of my cover, meaning that it is out of the options.

In that moment, I decide to just take a risk. Using my inner Silentium energy, I activate the Mass Tornado. Several broken pieces of cover, natural boulders, and even some of the dead Mortus Trooper corpses all formed into a spiral of death, rushing towards the rest of the Mortus Troopers. The enemy forces quickly retreated to safety, as I leaped over my cover and slapped a fresh magazine into my HoloRifle.

"This is Corporal Morrison of Fireteam Nexus, does anyone copy? Our Captain and Sergeant are both... KIA, over."

Katherine

I would silently mourn before, "This is Corporal Katherine, I'm sorry for your... loss, but we must push forward." I plugged a Holo-bolt into a Mortus Berserker's face before firing at other Smierc heads, narrowly escaping a barrage of crystal-bolts fired at me by jumping to another tree.

Though one of them grazed my face, I felt a little bit stronger than before despite the singe. I reload another clip into my rifle before setting my sights on where Morrison was, with a visual assist with my DA. "I'll cover for you."

My drone was doing fantastic, it mapped out the general shape of the complex and the positions of all of the soldiers outside while sniping enemies on the ground below.

Joachim

During the brief encounter with the Mortus scum, my mind was pumped with adrenaline. The brief stings of pain in my cheek, which were still scorching with fire, have been glossed over in the ensuing firefight. Now, that the Smierc are in the ground, the pain resurfaces, making me clutch it with my palm as I walk out, gun in hand.

I pulled the Marksman, who is seemingly the only one left alive in the squad. We came down tougher than expected. Part of me want to feel bad for them, but at the same time, a part of me is glad that they're dead; at least less people can claim my kills this way. I know this is wrong. But the Smierc must pay, and I won't be satisfied until every last one of them have died by my hands.

"On your feet, soldier. What's your name?" I said to him. "C-Corporal Carlison, sir." he replied. "Stay with us, Carlison. We've still got a job to do."

I grabbed my Type-KJ from the magnetic latch and prepared to move out, when my legs suddenly felt weak. It must've been during my initial contact, when I sprayed that Mortus trooper with my Legio Ferrum. Must've used up more energy than I intended. I placed my hand onto a fusebox, which is highly unadvisable, and attempted carefully to only absorb energy only when the wires sparked up.

I did that a few times, and my legs felt better. I knew, however, that it is just a temporary feeling, and in no way, will it ever compensate fully for my recent power consumption. No time for that. I must move on.

I look forward, to see Davo recovering a Focus Crystal from the Mortus Trooper he used his spear technique on. "Auf-spie-" something. I couldn't wrap my tongue around it. He knows about my habits, and I'm glad about that. It saves less time and less work for me, while I still get some action.

Just then, I received a transmission on my comms. "This is Corporal Morrison of Fireteam Nexus, does anyone copy? Our Captain and Sergeant are both... KIA, over." this was quickly followed by "This is Corporal Katherine, I'm sorry for your... loss, but we must push forward. I'll cover for you."

I press my hand to my comms device. "This is Joachim of Fireteam Comet, we copy you, Nexus. En route to your position, now." And I have to say, I was a bit astonished by the odds. Turns out, we crashed right next to those guys. They're also the guys who got strafed by those fighters. Probably why their Captain and Sergeant are KIA in the first place. Eh, no matter. More work for me to do.

"Saddle up, Fireteam Comet! We're moving out!" I ordered to what's left of the team, as I ran towards the opening the Nexus guys must've cleared. Though I won't be surprised if anything pops out. This is the Smierc we're talking about, after all.

Daelen

We moved out. Three men marched across the open supposedly cleared by Fireteam Nexus, though we kept our eyes peeled. We didn't want to risk another encounter with the Smierc on our own, and our priority was to rendezvous with the Nexus folks. Through the comm, it sounded like they were deep in shit, and Joachim offered them our support.

It was all too quiet, just too quiet, and I didn't like it. Burnt, broken SKANDIA armour systems scattered here and there. Yeah they look dead alright, but you wouldn't know, nobody would. These Smierc apparently are also masters at camouflage. They could be watching us anytime, waiting for the perfect time to strike, like predators. But the Smierc weren't that big an issue. Just as I hopped out of the torn hatch of our dropship, I jumped to the sudden pain that struck my back. The pain that was swept away temporarily during my encounter with that Mortus trooper had now come back as a numbing type of pain. It spread across every muscle, torturing me, getting me down to my knees. If only I had something to heal myself, like that power Joachim possesses, or maybe a couple of Smierc could show up, then one of them could give me some hard punches at my back, I figured that would fix it.

Eventually, the gunfire got louder and louder. We climbed on top of an open hill, when our marksman spotted a squad of Mortus troopers attempting to flank Fireteam Nexus's position. I took up my Dzida, leaned it against a rock and aimed at the enemy squad. And from the looks of it, they haven't spotted us yet.

"Focus Crystal, loads of it here mate. It's a great fuckin' harvest."- I said as we pulled the triggers and concentrated our firepower on the Smierc flanking squad.

Adrian

I've got transmissions that confirmed that friendly units are heading our way. I relayed the information to the surviving Corporals, but they didn't seem too thrilled.

"What are we going to do now? Our Captain is dead! Our Sergeant is dead!"
"I'm telling you, taking in Morrison was the start of our troubles. Every single mission since he ended up joining always ended up with something bad happening. Now our Fireteam leadership is dead!"

I couldn't really refute the two other Corporals, since that's what always ended up happening anyways. No matter the assignment, I always brought some measure of bad luck with me as part of the New Union Sabre Corps.

Just then, a crack in the air made me snap my aim towards its source. The other Corporals quickly took cover and scanned the horizon for a possible enemy sniper. As I threw up a piece of debris from my cover, the crack happened once more and the debris exploded in mid-air. That seems to confirm that a sniper is in order.

"This is Fireteam Nexus to incoming friendly Fireteams. There's a sniper confirmed, over."

Katherine

Listening in for the direction of the shot rifle, and looking back at the map of the complex the drone I deployed sent back with all of the possible enemy positions, I could almost "see" where the sniper was. I shift my focus to the hills on the west side of the complex.

I can barely make out the shape of an alien lying down in some vegetation, but it was enough to take a shot at, which I did.

My shot rang out loud and clear after I pulled the trigger, but after operating the bolt, I couldn't find that Hunter, or its body. Either it slid down the slope or...

"Katherine here. Not sure if I killed that Mortus Hunter west of the complex. Could someone confirm?

"Also, looks like most of our forces are here, we've got FT Comet incoming from the hills to the east engaging a squad of Smierc not far from FT Nexus's position. I'm keeping an eye out for any hostiles out in the forest south-east of the station."

---

Fireteam Nexus's Corporals seem to be in distress from their captain and sergeant both going down, based on their voices coming from the comms they forgot to turn off, and they're blaming it on Morrison.

Honestly, I think that cursed guy might be in the team, who isn't Morrison but rather one of the Heavies.

He was in the infirmary for quite sometime but was quickly put back into his usual team. I'll have to ask Morrison later.

Adrian

I heard the shot from the friendly Sabre Corps soldier and scanned the horizon for the enemy sniper's scope glint. I held out another piece of debris using a stick, and nothing struck it this time. Taking that into consideration, I hand motioned for the other Corporals to run over to my position while I oversaw their route. The two soldiers slid into position and I cautiously walked out of cover.

Making sure that the perimeter was clear, I brought up the local comms once more.

"This is Fireteam Nexus. We've confirmed that the enemy sniper is down. We're heading towards the communications array for our mission objectives. We appreciate any sort of support for our objective, over."

Instead of taking the supply roads, I led the Fireteam through a more obscure path: a patchwork of boulders and debris from demolished buildings. Our KRESSs are online, able to take in any surprise fire from the enemy Mortus Troopers.

"Would be really useful if we could get some dropship support."
"Are you crazy? The AA will tear them up."
"I know, that's why I wished for them. Not that I expect them to magically appear..."

This is Fireteam Nexus people... Now a bunch of hopeless soldiers instead of being a highly decorated and ancient unit.

Joachim

Such a fun day. I actually expected to be a heroic squad leader for once. Not so heroic after the landing, however. You can't really get much done with 3 people. Unless we pull off something amazing. Then it would be even more heroic. Then I've gotta practice my "heroic squad leader" stance, and prepare an inspiring speech, maybe write an autobiography--

My highly distracting thoughts were swept away unexpectedly by my teammates, Davos and Carlison, opening fire on a Mortus squad outside the perimeter. Judging by their position, their squad formation, I'm guessing it's part of the same squad that tried to wipe our dropship clean. I don't really know why they're outside the wall, but the Smierc have a habit for popping up where we expect them the least, and that's why they've been so devastating to our forces before the Sabre Corps. That, and the fact that New Union Command is stupid.

I immediately pressed down the trigger and pointed my MG down at the troopers, scrambling for what little cover there is, considering it's a fairly open plain. Just a few fallen trees here and there, some easily penetrable fragments of dropship debris scattered, just barely enough for one Mortus. All in all, there were about 18 of them.

My bullets hit most of the ones scrambling for cover, but their armor absorbed most of the shots. I managed to penetrate some and disabled their arms and legs, but the damn ones with Revival Serums keep bringing them back to life. So I started targeting the ones running around with Serums. To be extra sure, I used a small amount of Legio Ferrum propelled over long distances in an arc trajectory to hit them or at least hamper their movement range. Then I tapped a few rounds into their heads, just to be sure.

Suddenly, I heard a crack behind me. Sounded like a sniper shot. Then the cracking sound resurfaced again. And again. Debris was getting thrown up near Fireteam Nexus' members. There's a sniper in the hill, somewhere. Time to deal with this. Kind of.

I spin my MG around, and spray a suppression burst into the general hill areas, while I spin around to my squad. And then I gave orders.

"Nades! Now!"

The squad complied and did what I asked of them extremely quickly, but the bad news is... the Mortus have rushed inside and have breached the complex. I could hear them rumbling beneath my wall complex. My attention then snaps to the sniper.

Suddenly, another round whizzes past the air and struck the enemy sniper's general position. My guess is, that "Katherine" girl who was on the comms a minute ago. Boy, she's a good shot. And judging by the cease of fire coming from that hill, she's a really good shot.

"This is Fireteam Nexus. We've confirmed that the enemy sniper is down. We're heading towards the communications array for our mission objectives. We appreciate any sort of support for our objective, over." rang my comms earpiece. Nexus & Co. are moving out. Towards the CDS the New Union boys talked so highly about.

"This is Fireteam Comet, we're close to you, Nexus. Will provide perimeter control. Be advised, we spotted Smierc forces headed towards your objective. Suggest you hurry up. Over." I said, as I loaded a fresh magazine into my MG, and pulled my Strajk out to a more comfortable position. I grab the front of my barrel to absorb what little heat there is. Gonna need all the energy I can get for what I'm about to pull.

I hop over the railings, into the complex area. I lead my team towards a small opening linked to the same place that Mortus squad we just engaged rushed into. I take a deep breath, to prepare for what's to come, and I move in as the spearhead.

Last edited:
Katherine

"Well, that's a~" I was quickly cut off by a dull thud, followed by the cracking of wood, and the tree rocked very suddenly causing me to lose my grip. I pulled out my Type-BM pistol out as I was falling to the ground, before seeing the sniper I just shot a few minutes ago, his arm detached from the shoulder, but he was determined to kill me through slamming the tree down.

Unfortunately for him, he was dead in my sights, as I landed on four, before firing into both of his knees, the dull plink of the pistol firing deadly rounds into his body, and since he had no armor, it was easy to draw my katana and slash through his neck.

"This is Katherine, the Hunter is now officially dead. Going over to your location, just give me about a few seconds." I turned towards the complex, running through the forest, reemerging to find bodies, both alien and human alike, strewn across the yard.

I felt really sick for this, but I started rummaging through the bodies, picking up any spare ammo that the New Union soldiers had on them, and cutting off dead Smierc heads to make sure they're dead before taking some of their weapons, some of which I had to pry out of their cold hands.

After gathering most of the weapons, and stashing them into a bush near my FT's jeep, I dashed into the complex on all fours and meeting up with Fireteam Nexus and Unity before looking at my arm to find golden-white fur on it, realizing that I turned furry. No wonder I was feeling a little bit itchy and my face felt weird. I still had my hands and opposable thumbs.

Come to think of it, the Hunter also looked startled to see me like this before he died. How embarrassing. I guess the adrenaline forced it.

"Fireteams Omaha, Delta, and Badger, prepare for second wave of dropships!" The loudspeaker said overhead as we all strapped into our respective pods, the Captain of Fireteam Delta and I making a bet about who gets more kills today. "If I get more kills than you by the end of this op you owe me a drink." He had said, and I just grinned as I slipped on my helmet. "If you live through the day it means I won." I fired back as I walked away, slinging my SPSR across one arm. I strapped in and glanced at my team, mainly Recon and Field Ops, with one Heavy, carrying ammo for the team.

I thought about why they we named this. We were by far the lightest armored but also the fastest and most determined to finish the job. "Omaha Beach, 1944..." I murmured to myself and grinned some more. A great something grandfather of mine was a Captain during D-Day I was told. He left his wife and son to go join the war effort and stop a regime, at the cost of his life.

"What was that Captain?" Asked Corporal Jackson, one of the other Field Ops. "I said Omaha Beach, 1944!" I repeated louder. "You know what happened then?" I asked him, to which he shook his head no. "Well a couple centuries ago there was a war on Earth called World War 2, and one of my ancestors fought in that war. He was leading the storming of Omaha Beach, in a country called France. At the end of the first wave most of the troops were shredded and decimated by the enemy encampments. They had become cannon fodder." I said with a laugh, probably sounding insane.

"That's why we are Fireteam Omaha, we are meant to be the cannon fodder, but we fight! We conquer despite the odds! We stand over the trenches of our enemies and let them know they lost despite having the advantage!" I shouted, turning this into a pep talk. "What do we say!?" I shouted louder, hearing a chorus of "FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!!" And I grinned. "Now let's get out there and do our job!" I said as we touched down, everyone running out of the dropship as the second wave arrived. People armed their weapons and checked ammo. "First wave, this is Captain Miller, with Fireteam Omaha. Second wave just landed where do you need us?" I asked into the comm channel, waiting for a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back