• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic •Our Prison, Tartarus• (RP - Always Open)

Bastet

Little Changeling

• |•|Starter Post|•|

|•|Seraphine|•|Deathguard|•|

Today was the annual meeting of kings.

Once a year the leaders of the five upper rings met within Tave's Tavern with only one of their closest ranks for protection. Seraph had her Talent Scout, as usual, while Tave stood alone as the unofficial leader of the 1st Ring. The other leaders should be arriving soon with their guards and thank goodness for that. It was a hot day, as usual, and that never seemed more prominent than in the 1st Ring, where liquid was only found in bars and in the maybe-toxic cacti that grew around the city.

As usual, Tave had delivered in the setting. The bar had been closed for the day and it remained mostly silent. Pastries and desserts lined the bar itself, while a large table had replaced the smaller ones that usually dappled the building's floor. It was circular and a desaturated blue cloth had been stretched over it. A glass of cool water had been placed at each seat. Clear heads were needed for clear negotiations, after all.

She sighed with a sip of her water, giving Marius a bored look. She had never done well with sitting idle.

For those of you who want to join:
    Click Here

Last edited:
The Albino King
(Kypher Hawthorne - 6th Ring Leader)

Kypher Hawthorne, King of the Sixth Ring of Hell- Tartarus, rather, and unofficial ruler over the new world's greatest and most daunting prison to date. Many had heard rumours of varying degrees about the kind king of the prison, tales of such benevolence and charity, tales of torture and and horror. These days no one knows what is real and what is fantasy. Of course, seeing the king out in public on one of his famous walks was as pleasant a sight as any; the young man was all smiles and kind eyes for any who laid eyes on him. Public opinion of Kypher was very positive and the few who didn't like him knew to fear him. After all, he had a saying...

"Everything... In moderation."

The wistfully charming gaze as Kypher murmured to himself was soon replaced with one of curiosity. It had been quite a while since this meeting had officially been called the arrival time for the rest of Tartarus' leaders had passed, yet only now had Seraphine chosen to sigh out her boredom. He had honestly expected her to succumb to this drull environment much sooner, so if anything it was impressive she had lasted this long. Not that it was too insane a thought; Seraphine was captain of the Deathguard and perhaps one of the most capable people he knew. She had carved her place in this nightmare land and with quite a forceful impression too. Kypher looked to his side to see Jaxon standing by him dutifully, ever the loyally useful guard. Returning his gaze to the Deathguard, Kypher smiled warmly at her and gestured with one hand, "You seem awfully relaxed. Did something exciting happen?" His knowing tone and crafty look as if he were trying to discern Sera's secrets just by looking at her were social ploys at best. Kypher was not particularly close to her, but they both knew that his version of exciting was noticeably different to hers.

Bastet Bastet

No sooner had she let the sigh escape her lips did the silently entering King utter that teasing sentence. She swirled the ice in her glass with small wrist movements as she rolled her eyes away from Marius and to Kypher's own. There was little amity to be found in her ice grey eyes, which wasn't much of a surprise for her. Even sitting before the high King of their prison, she bowed her head to no one and showed no fear for the pleasantly cruel individual. She had an entirely different code about her, one she had paved on her own as she tore down the third ring, founded the Deathguard, and built everything from the ground up. She was no stranger to the effort it took for individuals like the two of them to get where they were and viewed him as an equal.

Albeit an equal that deserved the same amount of caution.

"Of course. Haven't you heard the latest gossip? The King was, of course, late again to the most important meeting of the year," She countered before finishing off her glass. She lifted it from the table for a moment before Tave moved behind her to take it for a refill. She laced her fingers after, resting her elbows on the table as she looked through lethargically narrowed eyes at him.

"The only impressive feat is your managing to make everyone else late as well, as though you needed more to bore me. How did you do it? A well placed dagger to someone's back? Extra amenities in someone's pocket?"

It was obvious she wasn't serious, but some kind of mind game was better than no game. Fortunately, a few accusations to throw around were her lowest and most 'friendly' punch.

The Albino King

Kypher chuckled good-naturedly at Seraphine's jests, crossing one of his legs and taking a measured sip of his glass of water, "You put too much faith in me, Seraphine. Running this prison effectively takes just as much effort as getting our lazy ringleaders out of bed everyday." Of course, if he discovered that one of the other leaders hadn't bothered to show up then heads would quite literally roll before the sun could rise again the next day. Kypher liked to ensure loyalty through his kindness and that method often worked, but sometimes that was no always enough. Upon hearing her further, Kypher could only offer a noncommittal shrug.

"These meetings are important. I'd much rather help my loyal citizens to their work than kill them for their blunders." Although slightly dark, Kypher was still all smiles and didn't seem to want or need to address the underlying threat in his words. Failure was not tolerated in the 6th Ring, not in Kypher's court. He always made that much clear. Expression fading into contentment, Kypher leaned his head back over the edge of the chair and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath at the same time, "You really shouldn't spread rumours about the king, though. I've got some kind of silly resistance trying to dethrone me these days." He looked back down to Seraphine, making direct eye contact. His gaze was piercing, magnetic to the point that it almost held a hypnotic pressure of power and influence, pressing and exhausting, "I'd send the Deathguard to deal with it, but perhaps I should take care of this myself, personally," Kypher's voice had a sharp edge to it, almost challenging Seraphine to stand up to him with a retort, "After all... if you're too busy relaxing... Perhaps the King should get his hands dirty for once." To emphasise his point, he cracked the index finger on his right hand by pressing on it with his thumb, eliciting a loud 'crack' as he said the word 'dirty' for an obvious effect.

Naturally, this was a massive understatement. Ordinarily, no one knew of his more sadistic hidden nature, however Seraphine had observed him during one of his 'breaks' as it were. Kypher could only remember parts of it himself, but the running constant had been blood. Lots and lots of thick, red liquid gushing. This had been a couple of months ago though, so it didn't bother him. He was sure Sera knew what would likely happen to her if she decided to attempt to expose him. Kypher was the king after all, he had his ways to do anything this prison. Some even worshipped him like a god, and perhaps in some ways he was one.
Bastet Bastet

Malone sat outside the tavern, stewing. He was fairly annoyed that the meet was going on without him. Malone was considered the highest ranking of the prison's Circlelesss. Granted, most of them were greeies. That or they were to confused to know they were in a prison. Still, the Circleless should have some representation.
Malone shrugged, sipping the wine he had purchased earlier, before Tave had closed the bar. Good vintage, this. Malone sank back into his thoughts, pondering the Nightwatch's recent movements. What were the Nightwatch anyway. Supposedly no one knew, but someone had built them. Malone knew that someone here in Tartarus knew more about Nightwatch. He, of course would sniff this person out. Knowledge was power, and Malone intended to take it all.

Exhausting was the correct terminology to use. The young woman was quickly bored again by his minor challenge, finding herself beyond it. She had never showed herself to be subpar in her duties so she felt no reason to give him a rise in her own emotions. Whether he was looking for it or not didn't matter. She had shown up on time, up early and out late just as the Deathguard were trained to do. Sure, a few well-placed naps during the week kept the body and mind alert and healthy, but on average they didn't sleep much and never stopped working.

As for the threat of his snap, she thought nothing of it except for health. It was cathartic for people like him to go wild every once in a while. Those constant smiles, charitable gatherings, and good PR sessions were great and all, but for a white-type personality such as this ironic albino, that diplomacy had a meter and when it was empty the only reasonable thing to do was collapse. If she was there for the ride, then she might as well enjoy it herself.

"Relax," Seraphine waved a hand at him as Tave set down another glass of chilled water, "I'm not a gossip, though it would be interesting to see you get your hands dirty again. It would be a pleasure of mine."

Her smile was a genuine kind of sweet, or at least as far as it could be with those eyes. She motioned for him to sit with them, Jaxon standing quietly in the background where he almost didn't exist. Even in his heavy clothing mixed with metal plating and weaponry, he was silent. A good guard dog.

Queenie walked in with a sway to her hips. She smirked softly at the leader's gathered. She never bothered to arrive early. Being late never hurt anything. She had her white jumper sleeves tied at her waist, letting everyone know just why she was in here. Her boots thumped on the ground of the little tavern. Some people tried their hardest to look intimidating, but she never bothered with it. She got her position for a reason. If they didn't know what she was capable of then it was their funeral. Quite literally. She smiled to herself at that thought.
She sat down at the bar and leaned forward. "The Queen has arrived." She announced in a tone that partly suggested she was above them all. She knew she wasn't above Kypher one bit, though. She ran a hand through her dark hair and looked over at Kypher, the King of Tartarus. She considered herself to be the Queen. Every King needs a Queen to rule at their side after all. One day she'd be at his side. She rested her chin on her hand as though she was already bored with the meeting, despite the fact it hadn't even begun yet. She disliked these meetings. Tartarus ran fine without the stupid things. They were to keep the peace or something like that. Useless. Tartarus was a prison full of criminals who were caught. Her included.
She was upset that she had been caught. She had a way better life before. She was rich off her childhood obsession that grew into something more. She shrugged softly to herself and pulled back into reality; back to the little tavern filled with high ranking criminals.

Bastet Bastet Kloudy Kloudy

Last edited:
The Albino King

Kypher's smile never faltered as he leaned into his chair and watched Tave move across the room. Ordinarily, he prefered to be the first to arrive, but it appeared as though Seraphine had beaten him to it. Not that it ultimately mattered, but some level of competitiveness still remained within him. He silently cursed his youth for trapping his mind in such a faliable body. Jaxon had remained quiet, yet there was no real reason he needed the man to talk. A conversation between leaders, no matter how trivial, was not a thing to be disrupted.

Sitting at the most central position of the table, Kypher didn't necessarily respond to Sera as a new arrival came: Queenie, or Queen as she liked to call herself. Despite being the Leader of the Fifth Ring and possessing considerable influence as a result, she was ultimately no queen when concerning the grand scheme of Tartarus. Kypher was the one true leader, his control over the prison was uncontested by any potential competition and even the resistance groups that popped up occasionally were quelled just as quickly. Kypher had no issue with Queenie calling herself a queen, but she'd better hope for her sake that she stayed in line and didn't attempt to rise above her rank against him. Kypher hated insubordination above all other things and hadn't hesitated to personally deal with such individuals before.

"Ah, Queenie, welcome. We haven't started the meeting yet, but you might want to join us at the table before the others arrive. I believe they are... running late."

Bastet Bastet Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Name: Smith

On the border between the third and fourth circle, a group of 3 figures stood in the middle of a plowed yet barren field. The leader of the entourage, a woman wearing a black leather apron along with a ripped sleeved tracksuit, Smith as she was known around the place, also accompanied by what obviously seemed to be two members of the deathguard. What wasn't obvious was what they were carrying, an empty sack and a large cylinder with a long metal pole protruding from it.

The reason Smith was there because she was hired by the locals to irrigate the field through any way she could, a recent draught made the field barren, this is where the sack came in. The sack contained Silver iodide which she made with old computer parts and car battery acid, which she earlier released in the air. Now a few hours later the previously fluffy, peaceful white clouds have darkened and lightning was seen. Finally, after the long wait the rain began to pour and did it pour.

This is where the weird metal object came in, her helpers placed it on the ground and they all took some distance from it, a few minutes later lightning struck. An event which was marked by the excited exclamation of Smith. "We did it, lads! Pheew did it take a long time to meld that together, and it would've taken longer to carry it out here and back but luckily the lovely death guards are such gents.". Such a reaction, especially from the usually quiet Smith would have confused most people but the emotionless machines engaged by the Deathguard simply picked up the machination again.

Making their way back to the windmill in the third field Smith with her hand in her pockets sported a happy smirk. "This magnet should enhance the windmills production capabilities.".

Zinnea- 4th Ring Agricultural Leader

Zinnea stood in the shelter of the windmill, watching the trio as they worked. The older lady turned her gaze up at the rain, arms crossed over her chest and large lips pouted to the side. She had been apprehensive about the whole thing when she'd first brought forth the request to enhance the irrigation and heard 'chemicals' and 'rain' in the same sentence. Having come from a long line of farmers who relied only on the earth and sun to grow their food, she had a prejudice against anything that contained ingredients that gave her a headache to pronounce. However, she was also taught throughout her life that people died when they went hungry and despite her best efforts, no amount of good, natural gardening was going to make the rain fall.

"Well I don't know how you managed to do that, and I don't rightfully care to find out," she sighed as the other woman approached the windmill. "But you did it, so I reckon I should be grateful."

Smith accompanied by her helpers entered the shelter of the windmill, the main power source of the third ring and the base of operation of the deathguard, which it also made it, coincidentally, the home of their iron maiden of a Leader. Another reason why she let out a sigh of relief at her absence not wanting to deal with the reproach from soaking her floor. She proceeded to untie her hair, taking off the somewhat wet apron and using it as a replacement cloth to dry her hair.

"Could you two do me one final favor and take the magnet all the way to the top of the windmill? Thanks a lot again."She finishes addressing the deathguards as she throws her apron over her shoulder, turning her attention to Zinnea extending her gratitude. A gratitude Smith responds to by reaching for a handshake; "Ma'am you are too kind, it's my duty. We all need to eat, don't we? I should be grateful to you for allowing me to use this method without explaining to you, however, it seems that you don't want to know." As she gives a good-natured smile" Anyways thank you for attendance but excuse me if I am being nosy but shouldn't you be at the meeting of the ringleaders?"

Zinnea- 4th Ring Agricultural Leader

Her large, calloused hand accepted the handshake, shaking it firmly with an almost bone crushing grip, although Zinnea didn't seem to realize how strong it was, simply flashing her pearly white teeth. "Oh, I sent a message a while ago that I wanted to oversee this. Besides-" She lowers her voice, leaning down a little. "Between you and me, as important as those meetings may be to the rest of them, as long as I keep the food going at a steady pace, nothing they say involves me much. Too many big words about politics and whatnot."
She straightened up, releasing the other's hand and putting hers on her hips, arching her back in a stretch. "Yup, as long as they're happy with what I'm doing, I'm happy to keep on doing it. However this-" She waves her hand at the rain and the tower above them. "Might cause a bit of a stir." There was a moment of silence as she thought. "Say, I know you ain't from my ring, but you know more about this than I do. Would it be too much to ask you to come along with me?"

Last edited:

Ah. Queenie. The leader with devil horns and the body to make most men tremble. Seraph didn't care much for defanged vipers nor the strutting of heavy boots and loud movements. As bold as one might see these gestures, as daring as one might see an un-queen stake claim to a throne not promised to her, the third ring leader couldn't come to respect them. No doting looks from Orpheus to his 'queen' would even make a dent in her mind. If Seraph had even half a care, she'd sweep the fifth ring out from underneath Queenie. Lucky for her, Seraph was perfectly happy where she was and her position. There was no need for her to go any further.

"I doubt anyone else will be coming, so let's begin. Since it's my year to preside, I have prepared some topics in need of accordance," Seraph announced as she stepped away from her chair to stand, "In order of business, what the three of us can discuss pertains to the current demands for peaceful trade, the drought we will face in the upcoming months and how we plan to prepare for it, the Acceptance test we will preform when the new inmates are released in a few days, and finally we will leave the floor open for anyone who deems it necessary to state any grievances. My King, will you state your current terms for the trades done between any of the rings?"

She would take a seat the moment he began talking as a sign of respect whether he stood up or not himself. She found these rank games to be almost fun, thinking of where to be and what level to be when for the best possible outcomes. Hopefully, however, the taxes this year wouldn't be driven up too high. Her sources had predicted a serious drought coming and with that, food would inevitably be driven down as well as rations. Regardless, the king had earned his right to comfortably get through it.

Last edited:
Tyler walked into the meeting, opening and closing the door quietly, and walking to the table before sitting next to Seraphine. "I am sorry for my intrusion ma'am, but I grew bored outside... Not to mention the fact that I was tempted to kill every one of those drunken idiots out there..." He finished his statement before looking up and realizing that they were discussing quite important matters, and turned red slightly, looking at Seraphine with an apologetic look in his eyes.

The Albino King

Kypher briefly sighed in resignation upon Seraphine’s indication that the meeting had started and no one else would be coming, then returning to his usual cheery demeanour. It was ‘disappointing and embarrassing’, was what Kypher would say publicly if asked. Under the surface, violent thoughts and seething fury threatened to rip through the facade of his ever-present calm smile. It didn’t matter, he would suitably punish the others at a later date for even considering skipping such an important rendezvous. Leaders had mysterious disappeared before, it could easily happen again.

“Of course, thank you, Seraphine,” Kypher stood up on cue as Sera sat down, about to address everyone when he noticed someone come in through the front door. He paused and watched the man walk in silently, his expression frozen in the middle of whatever he had just been about to say. Kypher was confused mainly, too baffled for any anger to seep in. This was no leader or even an inner guard that Kypher knew of, so he had no clue why he saw fit to actually sit down at the table with them. He knew his stare might begin to feel a bit unsettling after a few seconds so he closed his mouth and resumed his smile, looking to Seraphine in an oddly perplexed manner.

“Seraphine. Why is your... subordinate interrupting our meeting? I believe only the Ringleaders and their closest guards may attend.” Kypher deliberately looked at the offending man and the smile faltered, fading into a serious grimace. He hated having to act unbecoming of a king in front of the other leadership, but if it took his own hands to beat some sense of professionalism into Seraphine’s followers, it was a sacrifice he’d have to make. It was a little comical seeing what looked like a mere teenager grow all grim and serious, but everyone could feel the gravity of the room. Teen or not, he was the King, and the King could do anything he damn wanted here in Tartarus. Kypher glanced back to Seraphine with a none-too-pleased expression, clearly also a fan of these rank games too, “I assume this is yours. I’d appreciate it if he didn’t threaten the lives of my citizens.”

Bastet Bastet TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Seraphine could feel a cold chill of embarrassment and indignition creep up her spine once she recognized Tyler's young frame step through the doorway. In a vain wish, she hoped that he wouldn't proceed inward and especially not sit next to her, but as vain as the wish was he did all of the above unabashedly. Of course he had to cut off the king, but even worse, this little brat had the audacity to make a threat in front of the very king he should be bowing to. Not just shame, no sir. What Seraphine felt was much greater than that. Kypher's own words only worsened the stirring anger in her stomach before she stood slowly and bowed deeply to the king. Her hand came up behind Tyler's head to knot her fingers in his hair and force his head down against the table itself mercilessly.

"Forgive him, my king, he will be dealt with fully after the meeting," She began without once looking up, "My apprentice has just joined us and hasn't been taught manners or obedience yet. If you would like me to send him back to help Polly I will, sir."

And how kind that might seem, simply sending him to the back of the Tavern, but it came with it an insurance that the twerp wouldn't hide away or make a run for it before he could be truly punished. He had compromised much more than just his own safety, image, and standing. She and the rest of the Third Ring directly suffered from what happened within these meetings and if outcomes were more dire for them than usual he would be the one to feel the worst lash from it.

Tyler immediately regretted saying what he did, he hasn't meant to make a threat towards the king no. But he did make a threat to the people getting hammered drunk out there, drinking themselves silly, and fighting for no reason. It was clear that peace was hard to achieve here. However he was slightly jealous of the king, after all he was only a few years older than him, and already ruled this place. He had a healthy fear of the man now that he heard him spoke as well though.

All thoughts were interrupted however when his head was slammed on the table, his nose bleeding, he did manage to suppress a scream, and simply winced. He was scared as she apologized for him, his head still on the table. He didn't try to fight it however, from this position of was pretty much futile anyways, and on top of that it would just put him in a worse position later. He simply breathed, trying not to wince anymore since she still had a crushing grip on his head. This was a prison after all...

Last edited:
Polly Oliver Ring 3 Barkeep

It wasn't the sound of breaking glass and shouting that awoke the young woman, nor was it the repeated thumps against the side of the building as the head of someone on the wrong side of the argument was pounded repeatedly into the wood of the tavern. Polly had heard these sounds for so long they were her lullabies at night. But the fact that it was still the early morning still wasn't what set off an alarm in her mind. No, it was a different sound that had her springing like a startled cat from under her sheets- a sound that jabbed an open wound in her psyche: the scream of a child.

With the soundless agility of a snake, clad only in her undergarments- which, perhaps, was the reason for such agility and noiselessness or was, at least, part of it- the barmaid slid a dagger out from beneath her mattress and opened the window of her loft, creeping out onto the roof. She knew this path well, though she'd only had to use it twice in her time here. Roof to lower roof, assess the situation below. An ogre of a man held his victim against the wall- a much smaller man, in comparison, who was dizzily clawing at the other's meaty arm pinning him. A young boy of about six was watching in terror a few feet away, face pale, frozen to the spot.

Pursing her lips, Polly slid down a gutter, mentally cursing herself for forgetting her slippers when she landed on the sharp gravel below. Nevertheless, her steps were quick and before anyone could react, she had her dagger pointed at the bigger man's back. He went to spin around, but the dagger started cutting into the leather vest protecting his back and he froze.
"Alright, here's what we're going to do, yeah?" she said calmly. "We're going to gently lower the man to the ground, alright? Then we're going to go over to that nice bench over there and have a nice, civilized little chat, yeah? Does that sound nice and fair to everyone?"

The bigger man looked baffled, much like most big men with muscles for brains when confronted with a girl holding a knife- an expression not unlike being slightly constipated. Polly decided to help him out. Sometimes muscle needed a little nudge to work. "Yeah! That's a great idea because nobody gets hurt! Now. Put the man down, please, and sit on that bench."
He did so and the little boy ran towards the smaller man, clinging to him and curling up at his side.

After a brief discussion about being a little more lax with payment dues, a little beer, and a gentle reminder about knives in close proximity, an agreement was reached and the men went their separate ways. Rubbing her eyes, Polly walked back to the door, found it locked, cursed under her breath, and climbed back up the pipe into her room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back