• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern "—until the day i die."

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

premise
ah, the summer of high school graduation. one final chance to hang out with your friends before you each go your separate ways in life as young adults.

to celebrate their successes, a group of friends all decide to rent a camper together and visit some of the places they'd dreamed of seeing while they're still young and without boring responsibilities to hold them back.

beaches, festivals, camping in the woods, amusement parks, a night in a fancy hotel… all the components of a perfectly memorable last vacation for the group and a perfect chance to unwind and just have fun.

what they don't know, however, is that for one of them, it's not just a final vacation together… it's the last vacation he's going to be taking, period.

of course, he isn't the only one with secrets.

will this group of young friends manage to keep their personal dramas and issues from causing a disaster, or could sharing everything (problems included) bring them closer than ever?

info
this is a reboot of the previous rp of the same name, a friend of mine was in a serious accident and real life prevented me from focusing on the rp until now.

so i've been wanting to do either a fun teenage summer rp or a ridiculous angst festival and last night, i decided…

why not both?

and thus, until the day i die was created.

it's your basic teenagers go on a roadtrip/adventure setting with the added element of a (secretly at first) terminally ill friend in the group who's decided to ditch treatment and spend his final summer living it up with his friends instead of dying in a hospital.

of course, he isn't the only one with a dramatic story. oh no, most definitely not.

that's where your characters come in.

so… let's stir up some drama.

rules
•the obvious, no godmodding, killing other people’s characters etc. really shouldn't have to say this, but juuuuust in case…

•no one liners. i understand that the length of posts can vary for a lot of reasons, but one paragraph is the bare minimum and i'm looking for those that can regularly post 2+

•romance isn't my thing, but it's fine as long as it follows the rules of the site.

•the ooc will mainly be on discord, but i will likely make an on-site one as well for those who don't have/use discord.

•roles are first come, first served unless they go against a rule, in which case said role will open up again.

•all roles are gender neutral and i'm not super fussy about balance, but try to avoid making only girls or only boys.

•keep the drama in-character. if you're having issues with another player, come to me first so i can deal with it.

roles
the sick one: he was always a quiet, secretive individual. it was only when he was in a group and with his friends that he ever let loose… but despite his shy and quiet exterior, they found he was actually a bit of a sarcastic prankster deep down. it was pretty public knowledge that he dealt with depression, although he kept this and its causes hidden as not to bother his friends. what no one knew was that he'd been battling a serious illness for the last three years, and that all the times he was supposedly traveling with family was actually spent in hospital… no wonder he seems so clueless about adventures despite jokingly saying he's seen half the world already.
•reserved by spookie spookie

the wild one: a shameless party animal since middle school, they were never one to sit back or worry about consequences. they always brought the drinks and the crazy to every party or gathering, and the group loved them for it even if they didn't all take part in anything quite so extreme. some wondered if their attitude had something to do with home issues, but they weren't the type to share such things. a last vacation together is a dream come true for this individual, and they're determined to be as carefree as possible before they have to face growing up and getting serious.
•open

the nerdy one: almost as shy as their ill friend, they always preferred video games and superheroes to real life. a bookworm with a very bright future ahead, they spent most of their teen years studying and focusing on their responsibilities. they come from a poorer family and are determined to pull them up and make sure they don't have to go without any longer. for them, a vacation like this is both terrifying and exciting. they always had a secret desire to let loose, and even though they're anxious, they figure this is the last chance they'll really have to be young and free.
•open

the mom/dad friend: mature beyond their years and naturally caring, they've been called the heart of the group more than once. if anyone needed a shoulder or someone to call at three am, it was this individual. with a troubled parental figure who was less than responsible, it was always their role to take care of their younger sibling(s) and they took this seriously. for them, a vacation like this is something that requires plenty of planning, but it's also the wildest and most spontaneous thing they've done… and of course, they'll be the one to turn to if things fall apart.
•open

the hopeless romantic: as long as they can remember, they've been in love with love. it seemed like they'd found their soulmate in high school and they spent over two years in a stable relationship together, but it ended a few months ago and they've been pretty down since then. their parents divorced when they were younger and shattered the fairytale illusion they'd had as a child, but it only made them more determined to find a real and lasting love for themselves. going on a vacation with friends is just the thing they need to get over their ex, and they're hoping a summer fling (or maybe more) is waiting.
•open

the free spirit: with parents who are just a little too invested in the hippie lifestyle, they've grown up traveling and walking barefoot through the woods. although they come from a happy family, it was still a relief to find a consistent friend group after so many major moves and changes in their life from early childhood onward. they've been here and done that all before, but a vacation with friends is still a good chance to step out from their parent’s shadow and really be free.
•reserved by apolla apolla

links
cs | here.
ooc | here.
ic | coming soon.​

code by spookie spookie spook

premise
ah, the summer of high school graduation. one final chance to hang out with your friends before you each go your separate ways in life as young adults.

to celebrate their successes, a group of friends all decide to rent a camper together and visit some of the places they'd dreamed of seeing while they're still young and without boring responsibilities to hold them back.

beaches, festivals, camping in the woods, amusement parks, a night in a fancy hotel… all the components of a perfectly memorable last vacation for the group and a perfect chance to unwind and just have fun.

what they don't know, however, is that for one of them, it's not just a final vacation together… it's the last vacation he's going to be taking, period.

of course, he isn't the only one with secrets.

will this group of young friends manage to keep their personal dramas and issues from causing a disaster, or could sharing everything (problems included) bring them closer than ever?

info
this is a reboot of the previous rp of the same name, a friend of mine was in a serious accident and real life prevented me from focusing on the rp until now.

so i've been wanting to do either a fun teenage summer rp or a ridiculous angst festival and last night, i decided…

why not both?

and thus, until the day i die was created.

it's your basic teenagers go on a roadtrip/adventure setting with the added element of a (secretly at first) terminally ill friend in the group who's decided to ditch treatment and spend his final summer living it up with his friends instead of dying in a hospital.

of course, he isn't the only one with a dramatic story. oh no, most definitely not.

that's where your characters come in.

so… let's stir up some drama.

rules
•the obvious, no godmodding, killing other people’s characters etc. really shouldn't have to say this, but juuuuust in case…

•no one liners. i understand that the length of posts can vary for a lot of reasons, but one paragraph is the bare minimum and i'm looking for those that can regularly post 2+

•romance isn't my thing, but it's fine as long as it follows the rules of the site.

•the ooc will mainly be on discord, but i will likely make an on-site one as well for those who don't have/use discord.

•roles are first come, first served unless they go against a rule, in which case said role will open up again.

•all roles are gender neutral and i'm not super fussy about balance, but try to avoid making only girls or only boys.

•keep the drama in-character. if you're having issues with another player, come to me first so i can deal with it.

roles
the sick one: he was always a quiet, secretive individual. it was only when he was in a group and with his friends that he ever let loose… but despite his shy and quiet exterior, they found he was actually a bit of a sarcastic prankster deep down. it was pretty public knowledge that he dealt with depression, although he kept this and its causes hidden as not to bother his friends. what no one knew was that he'd been battling a serious illness for the last three years, and that all the times he was supposedly traveling with family was actually spent in hospital… no wonder he seems so clueless about adventures despite jokingly saying he's seen half the world already.
•reserved by spookie spookie

the wild one: a shameless party animal since middle school, they were never one to sit back or worry about consequences. they always brought the drinks and the crazy to every party or gathering, and the group loved them for it even if they didn't all take part in anything quite so extreme. some wondered if their attitude had something to do with home issues, but they weren't the type to share such things. a last vacation together is a dream come true for this individual, and they're determined to be as carefree as possible before they have to face growing up and getting serious.
•open

the nerdy one: almost as shy as their ill friend, they always preferred video games and superheroes to real life. a bookworm with a very bright future ahead, they spent most of their teen years studying and focusing on their responsibilities. they come from a poorer family and are determined to pull them up and make sure they don't have to go without any longer. for them, a vacation like this is both terrifying and exciting. they always had a secret desire to let loose, and even though they're anxious, they figure this is the last chance they'll really have to be young and free.
•open

the mom/dad friend: mature beyond their years and naturally caring, they've been called the heart of the group more than once. if anyone needed a shoulder or someone to call at three am, it was this individual. with a troubled parental figure who was less than responsible, it was always their role to take care of their younger sibling(s) and they took this seriously. for them, a vacation like this is something that requires plenty of planning, but it's also the wildest and most spontaneous thing they've done… and of course, they'll be the one to turn to if things fall apart.
•open

the hopeless romantic: as long as they can remember, they've been in love with love. it seemed like they'd found their soulmate in high school and they spent over two years in a stable relationship together, but it ended a few months ago and they've been pretty down since then. their parents divorced when they were younger and shattered the fairytale illusion they'd had as a child, but it only made them more determined to find a real and lasting love for themselves. going on a vacation with friends is just the thing they need to get over their ex, and they're hoping a summer fling (or maybe more) is waiting.
•open

the free spirit: with parents who are just a little too invested in the hippie lifestyle, they've grown up traveling and walking barefoot through the woods. although they come from a happy family, it was still a relief to find a consistent friend group after so many major moves and changes in their life from early childhood onward. they've been here and done that all before, but a vacation with friends is still a good chance to step out from their parent’s shadow and really be free.
•reserved by apolla apolla

links

cs | here.

ooc | here.

ic | coming soon.

code by spookie spookie spook

is it possible to create my own role? if so, i'd wanna be 'the delinquent'! :D

Hi! I'm sure you've filled all of the positions/roles, but would you potentially be looking to add another person to the play? I'd love to join and I'm sure I could come up with a unique role for my own character (or two, if that's okay with you). But no worries if you're closing the doors on this one to get it started (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back