• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern โ€” ๐™™๐™š๐™˜๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ฉ (๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ) CLOSED

cadence

in a quiet garden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
INTRODUCTION
WELCOME TO ROTHERHAM'S ISLAND, SC.

Rotherhamโ€™s Island is the perfect place to live. It's been described as Heaven on Earth by multiple tourists who came to visit. With white sandy beaches and crystal clear water, it's the type of place where every family owns a yacht and spends more time on the open sea and basking in the sun than they do in their own homes. Poverty is practically non-existent-- nearly every family resides in antebellum style mansions that have been passed down in their families for generations. The residents themselves are just as perfect as the island is.

As it is with most good things, however, there is more than what meets the eye. Truth is, the perfect little town that is Rotherham's Island has a secret.

WHAT TO EXPECT
School is over and the Seniors of Rotherham's Island High plan to celebrate in the biggest way possible. And what better way to celebrate than to throw the biggest kegger The Graveyard, Rotherham's Island's prime location for teens who want to get a little buzzed without their parents there to scold them, has ever seen? The party is, as expected, a huge success. Just about every high-schooler on the island attends to spend what is possibly the last time they'll all hang out together. There is laughter and tears and tons of emotions but, at the end of the day, everyone leaves the party optimistic, the hope of the future lingering in the air.

Nothing brings you back to Earth quite like a death does. Just one day after the party, seventeen-year-old Ashley Johnson was reported dead. Overdose, the officials claimed. Suicide.

The roleplay focuses on a group of four-six that were all close friends with Ashley. Knowing she wasn't the the type of person to commit suicide, especially without warning, they all decide to group together to solve the mystery of what they suspect is a murder the officials are unwilling to solve themselves. The mystery turns out to be a lot more than they bargained for. It turns out, the death of their friend is related to something that happened in the seventeenth century. What started as a mission to find their truth behind their friend's murder turns into discovering the truth about their island and all of the people who live on it.
RULES & INFORMATION
Hello! Thank you for stopping by my interest check -- it really means a lot! This is my second attempt at getting a group roleplay up and running but, if it takes off, it will be my first time actually running one. Please, if you notice me making any mistakes or can point out some room for improvement, please let me know! My Co-GM and partner in crime is smolfluffball smolfluffball so! Feel free to ask either of us questions and always feel free to give any input or suggestions! Anyhow, onto the rules and stuff!

ONE All RPN rules must be followed at all times both on-site and on the discord server. This goes without being said but my biggest rule is that you are respectful towards everyone.

TWO Relationships of all sorts are supported and encouraged between characters but please fade to black and respect everyone's boundaries. Do not force "ships" or anything of the like.

THREE Please be at least eighteen if you are going to join. The roleplay will and may discuss some dark themes such as death, alcohol, drug-use, mental illnesses, cults, murder, and more.

FOUR Literacy is a must. No one-liner replies will be allowed. I'm expecting to see 400+ word replies on average, with good quality! I don't expect a novel every single time you post but try to be mindful! I like to see multi-paragraph responses.

FIVE This roleplay is NOT first come, first serve. I am accepting around four-six applications depending on how many jump out at me. There are no pre-determined roles so I am really looking for unique characters that will bring the story to life!

SIX Discord is required. I will make a server after I get a few people interested so people can throw around ideas and possibly even discuss some relationships. Once characters are accepted, I will either kick out the users who weren't accepted (as mean as it is, sorry) or make a new server for those who were accepted.

SEVENThe main theme in this roleplay is, as you may have noticed, mystery. It will focus largely on our characters trying to find the person behind Ashley's death as well as the underlying secrets that have been around the island they grew up dating back to the seventeenth century. There is more to the story than I can let you know right off the bat! Being observant will be very important as I'll be revealing clues, puzzles, and more throughout the story. To keep the roleplay as fun as possible for others, please avoid cheating when it comes to certain puzzles and codes.

EIGHT Failure to follow rules will result in a warning and then a removal from the roleplay depending on the severity of the issue.

please click here for a mobile friendly version.

Last edited:
WELCOME TO ROTHERHAM'S ISLAND, SC.

Rotherhamโ€™s Island is the perfect place to live. It's been described as Heaven on Earth by multiple tourists who came to visit. With white sandy beaches and crystal clear water, it's the type of place where every family owns a yacht and spends more time on the open sea and basking in the sun than they do in their own homes. Poverty is practically non-existent-- nearly every family resides in antebellum style mansions that have been passed down in their families for generations. The residents themselves are just as perfect as the island is.

As it is with most good things, however, there is more than what meets the eye. Truth is, the perfect little town that is Rotherham's Island has a secret.

----

School is over and the Seniors of Rotherham's Island High plan to celebrate in the biggest way possible. And what better way to celebrate than to throw the biggest kegger The Graveyard, Rotherham's Island's prime location for teens who want to get a little buzzed without their parents there to scold them, has ever seen? The party is, as expected, a huge success. Just about every high-schooler on the island attends to spend what is possibly the last time they'll all hang out together. There is laughter and tears and tons of emotions but, at the end of the day, everyone leaves the party optimistic, the hope of the future lingering in the air.

Nothing brings you back to Earth quite like a death does. Just one day after the party, seventeen-year-old Ashley Johnson was reported dead. Overdose, the officials claimed. Suicide.

The roleplay focuses on a group of four-six that were all close friends with Ashley. Knowing she wasn't the the type of person to commit suicide, especially without warning, they all decide to group together to solve the mystery of what they suspect is a murder the officials are unwilling to solve themselves. The mystery turns out to be a lot more than they bargained for. It turns out, the death of their friend is related to something that happened in the seventeenth century. What started as a mission to find their truth behind their friend's murder turns into discovering the truth about their island and all of the people who live on it.

----

Hello! Thank you for stopping by my interest check -- it really means a lot! This is my second attempt at getting a group roleplay up and running but, if it takes off, it will be my first time actually running one. Please, if you notice me making any mistakes or can point out some room for improvement, please let me know! My Co-GM and partner in crime is smolfluffball smolfluffball so! Feel free to ask either of us questions and always feel free to give any input or suggestions! Anyhow, onto the rules and stuff!

ONE All RPN rules must be followed at all times both on-site and on the discord server. This goes without being said but my biggest rule is that you are respectful towards everyone.

TWO Relationships of all sorts are supported and encouraged between characters but please fade to black and respect everyone's boundaries. Do not force "ships" or anything of the like.

THREE Please be at least eighteen if you are going to join. The roleplay will and may discuss some dark themes such as death, alcohol, drug-use, mental illnesses, cults, murder, and more.

FOUR Literacy is a must. No one-liner replies will be allowed. I'm expecting to see 400+ word replies on average, with good quality! I don't expect a novel every single time you post but try to be mindful! I like to see multi-paragraph responses.

FIVE This roleplay is NOT first come, first serve. I am accepting around four-six applications depending on how many jump out at me. There are no pre-determined roles so I am really looking for unique characters that will bring the story to life!

SIX Discord is required. I will make a server after I get a few people interested so people can throw around ideas and possibly even discuss some relationships. Once characters are accepted, I will either kick out the users who weren't accepted (as mean as it is, sorry) or make a new server for those who were accepted.

SEVENThe main theme in this roleplay is, as you may have noticed, mystery. It will focus largely on our characters trying to find the person behind Ashley's death as well as the underlying secrets that have been around the island they grew up dating back to the seventeenth century. There is more to the story than I can let you know right off the bat! Being observant will be very important as I'll be revealing clues, puzzles, and more throughout the story. To keep the roleplay as fun as possible for others, please avoid cheating when it comes to certain puzzles and codes.

EIGHT Failure to follow rules will result in a warning and then a removal from the roleplay depending on the severity of the issue.

Oho so this is what you've been up to. This seems very interesting. I may throw up an application when the time comes and if a character idea comes to mind.

Hi hi!

I am interested if you still have space available. Not sure how you are balancing things, but I look to make a female character just to let you know. :)

Thank you!

-Sprouhtt

Hello! I wanted to check in! I really like this idea! Are you still accepting? Should I just hop on the discord or do you have a place for character applications yet?

Hello! I wanted to check in! I really like this idea! Are you still accepting? Should I just hop on the discord or do you have a place for character applications yet?
Hello! We are still accepting. There is a place for character applications here.

Small little bump and also want to let everyone know that the character sheet and some lore has been posted. The application deadline for characters is May 31, 2020. If you are unable to post something before then but would like to, please let me know and I will try to work something out for you.

You have about five days! I can extend the date a bit if you know you won't be able to have a character finished before then.

I need less than a day, it's just I'm still doing school stuff, so when I'm done with my work early, I'll probably have it up soon

Another bump! Still accepting characters until May 31, 2020. Feel free to hop into the discord as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back