• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy —◦✧the world that time forgot✧◦—

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
AnnabethMentions: Hope ( spookie spookie )
Annabeth wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but she was loving it! She was just about to exit the throne room when the group with the cute kids behind her started causing a commotion. Then something big and dramatic happened and she was running with those of her troupe that had just had their turn with the King. And then they were outside and making their way to the room they had booked in the inn, but then she was following one of the kids! And now she's on the airship with them and the guy who was being arrested earlier today, and then two other boys? She didn't know them, but she knew they weren't part of the little band of merry children. They were told to go and get strapped in so that they could take off, so she made her way to where she guessed she was supposed to go. And there she saw the little cutie she had danced with earlier! With the silver hair! But he's missing the compass he had with him before? She hoped he didn't lose it. But, as she was feeling higher than she ever had, she giggled as she took his hands and began twirling and dancing with him once more. "Hello cutie! It's very good to see you again!" She chimed happily, her features radiating her joy and the rush she was feeling. "I hope you don't mind me coming along." She added with a wink before stopping and sitting down, now just waiting for this adventure to get started! It was more of a thrill than the most dramatic play she had preformed a couple years back. She couldn't wait!

VincentVincent wasn't entirely sure what happened, but he was now on an airship with a wanted criminal and the large group of children that had been in front of him. He wasn't even entirely sure why he had followed. But he was on the airship now so he was now going to be murdered by the palace guards, the wanted criminal, or his father if he ever made it back home. Oh gods, what was he thinking? Oh, that's right! He wasn't! That's how he ended up in this situation! He just followed the girl after she had offered, not even thinking that the whole palace going nuts was partly her group's fault! But he was here now, and he didn't see himself getting off without a fight now, so he just followed the instructions given and went to go get strapped in and debate his ever fleeting existence. Once he was inside, he was seated without looking up from his hands entangled in his lap. He only looked up when he heard a girl's laughter, and what he saw kind of infuriated him. There was one of the performers, the girl who had followed the little girl along with him, twirling and dancing with the silver haired boy who had been holding open the door. Well, at least one of them was having fun with this situation, he thought miserably as he went back to staring at his hands in his lap.

LUCK UNSWORTH

"State your complaint and make it quick eh," Luck repeated with a smirk. He could already tell what kind of mood the king was, nor could he blame him. As boring as it was to stand in line for hours, at least the citizens had something to look forward to, an audience with the King. What did the King have to look forward to? Complaints, unreasonable requests, and probably incessant whining. No doubt, he probably approved his fair share of requests toward the beginning; in fact, he might have actually listened to the requests. The fact that he wasn't auto declining requests at this point in the day was a feat in itself. However, this train of thought led him to the actual predicament he was in. The King was definitely going to decline his request after he sent the children back to their cribs. Luck scratched his chin as he tried to formulate a plan. If merely getting declined was the issue, Luck would be able to go on about his life; however, there is the matter of standing in line for hours. That is beyond a waste, this was basically a soul exchange for the King's voice.

"I could assassinate him," Luck whispered to himself. "No...that didn't work the last time I tried something like that. Oooh, I could do a song and dance number!....No, not even I have the patience for that."

Luck continued to mull over his thoughts when a stroke of what he would call genius came over him. "I got it, I'll make him an offer instead!"

Luck folded his arms and nodded to himself in agreement when suddenly he heard a great shout, offering the chance of a lifetime...or something like that. Luck, having been roused from his internal conflict watched helplessly as chaos ensued. Powder, stumbling guards, and badass orphans...wait that last one was weird. Luck couldn't help but call back to the whining he was certain he had overheard. Even with all the commotion, he couldn't help but glance at the King to see if there was any chance he would get his prayers answered...he wouldn't.

"...Damn them, ruining my one chance at happiness. Eliza, we're going after them," Luck said with a fist raised to the gods of karma.

The runts were crafty, he would give them that. Several times he had almost lost them. If he looked hard enough, he could see that the group had added a few members crazy enough to take the offer of a criminal. You couldn't blame them though, they didn't have much to choose from when thinking back to the "benevolent" King. Nevertheless, Luck wasn't gaining much ground. The guy with the blue hair was definitely nothing to be trifled with. A couple of wrong turns later and the sounds of chaos seemed to come to a lull.

"...Alright, let's kick this up a notch," With a mighty leap, Luck went up, further and further until it was obvious that gravity no longer had a hold on him. He swivled his head and squinted his eyes for any trace of the ragtag group. Too angry to notice the civilians and guards pointing up at him, he finally spotted the merry band of misfits. A sly smile flashed across his face when he envisioned all the pay back he would send their way. Then guilt swept over hime because...well they were just kids. Then he dreamed of how the King would make him an elite knight for apprehending such viscous criminals, but that dream morphed into poor, powerless, kids rotting in a jail cell. That was when an arrow suddenly flew by his face. Luck paused, unsure if it was just a stray arrow, or some kind of-

*Swoosh*

"Okay that's not a stray, what the hell?"

A guard had mistakenly grouped Luck with the true criminals here, but before Luck could explain he was facing a barrage of arrows and knives, forcing him to take off toward the airship.

"The guards will mistake you for a criminal," Eliza the prophetic blade spoke. Luck simply rolled his eyes as another arrow brushed the tip of his hair, bringing his guard back up. "Let's get lost shall we!" Luck zig zagged, looped, and flew in a variety of patterns on his way to the airship just before they took off. He was almost in the clear, however, he did not have a plan once he got there. That tended to happen when you were avoiding death.

It was only a second that Luck marveled the grand ship, a bit surprised that a group of runts would try go for this one, but that was all the time that was needed to catch Luck completely unawares as another arrow made a straight path toward his head. Instinctively, Luck turned around, catching the arrow just before it skewered his face. The point of the arrow drew blood from his cheek, and Luck's heart had begun beating again. Just as he let out a sigh of relief...he collided with the airship, tumbling and rolling until he lay face down on the deck...defeated by dumb luck.

".....You're going to crash."

• ━hope━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
    ✧ mood – i'm a pirate! you're a pirate! we're all pirates now! ✧ mentioned – ever, omotholo, liz, annabeth ✧ tags – InTheSea InTheSea _Line 213 _Line 213 BittyBobcat BittyBobcat Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays

—◦✧◦✧◦—

Though Hope found Ever's motherly behaviour a bit frustrating at times, in the wake of such chaotic uncertainty, her presence was rather comforting. While the pair called out again and again to their younger friend with increasing urgency, they received no reply. Perhaps he had made his way below deck already? If so, he was likely quite safe.

"I don't think he can hear us," Hope said as he tried to keep his expression optimistic so that Ever might not go dashing off and putting herself at risk too. "Knowing Omo though, he's already tucked himself away somewhere safe..."

As if she'd sensed his worry, Hope soon found himself twirling around the marvellous mana-glass room like some sort of lost prince with the young woman he'd encountered back in line. He'd recognize those moves anywhere, and the lighthearted rush of adventure once again began to overtake his fears. "It's good to see you too," the pale boy beamed, his usually silver eyes glittering in shades of rainbow from the sheer thrill of it all.

"Of course not! I'm glad you made it... and hey, this'll show that jerk of a king," Hope giggled, returning her playful wink with one of his own.

Once she'd taken a seat, he turned his attention to his little group of fellow misfits. "So, who's ready for an adventure? No matter where we came from or what our lives were before, we're going to be legendary adventurers just like Gramps was! I guess we're all pirates now too, if you think about it... awesome!" Hope's usually faint and whispery voice was alive with passion now, he'd never been so close to his dream before. His victorious eyes met the ones belonging to Liz, the friend who most shared his desires.

It was then that a slight shuddering began, before the boy felt himself and everything around him begin to rise. This was really, truly it!

"We're gonna find you, Gramps. I promise..." Hope whispered softly, his heart overflowing with the very emotion that served as his namesake.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

a6e5cacb2378d4f4c67d5574725c636d.jpg
Caspian Emory

Mood: dang this is no bueno :(
Outfit: xx
Interactions: Sima, Anghel, Lucien, Nao
Tags: Kent Kent Ayama Ayama spookie spookie

"We're all clear and ready to go for real."

Anghel's words rang out like a gong, sparking Caspian into action. He twisted a large silver dial, leaving streaks of red wherever his bloodstained fingers made contact. There was a hiss from one of the steam panels on the far side of the cabin, followed by a purr that grew slightly in intensity the more Caspian turned the circular control. The side of his mouth twitched into what could have been considered a grin, if only for a second. They were actually doing this, and he couldn't have been more thrilled.

But just as what seemed to happen with every one of Caspian's good moments, something unexpected happened. Two newcomers entered the cabin, and they didn't exactly look like they were here for a friendly chat. Caspian recognized Sima in an instant. He froze, caught in a dilemma of whether to respect his old friend or continue at this whole pirate thing. There was another, an inky-haired boy that looked like he belonged in the king's court. He wore the same cloak Caspian had cast off just moments before, and Caspian could see the boy glare at the puddled blue fabric on the floor. A sudden shame began to bubble up within the navigator, and he found himself unable to respond to any of the verbal interactions that began to commence.

"Oh? A hijack? I assume we're also being kidnapped. How interesting. I never imagined myself being kidnapped, in the Jewel of Phaland of All Places. Interesting...." Sima spoke in his regular collected tone, but Caspian could sense a slight unease emanating from the tall artist.

"Interesting indeed," added the inky-haired boy, who had drawn a rather expensive-looking blade.

"I think there needs to be some talking..." At Sima's words, painted talismans began to rush from his sleeves and affix themselves to the ship's controls. Caspian's eyes widened in alarm as he suddenly found himself to attend to any of the millions of things he needed to attend to. This situation... wasn't ideal. The ship would remain where it was, floating midair, perhaps slightly rising, practically a sitting duck to the king's troops. Any minute, they would be able to observe the situation and send up a boarding party.

The blue-clad boy beside Sima was intimidating to say the least. Despite his young age, he seemed incredibly capable. And very familiar... Had he been in the court earlier that day? Perhaps he was one of the royal guards. Caspian blamed his inability to place him on his horrible memory for faces. Even if he had realized he was the crown prince, it wouldn't have changed the fact that he posed a great threat.

"I have no reason to show any of you mercy," growled the boy. Caspian believed him. He found himself edging backward, pressing his back against one of the consoles. His fingers brushed against a talisman, which he then tried to peel off with a thin finger. It didn't want to budge; the more he tried to dig his fingernails under it, the harder it seemed to stick.

As Anghel began to speak in their defense, Caspian slowly drew his ivory-bladed dagger and put it behind his back, trying to feel where the edge of the talisman was so he could pry it off. It was difficult work, and Caspian was aware that his actions were likely going to be detected by both of the intruders. He really didn't want any fighting, but he couldn't let Sima and his companion jeopardize everything they had worked for.

"This is about kids who've lost everything trying to find the only parental figure they ever had. Let's just say by helping them, I'm keeping the word of a far better man than myself." Caspian paused at Anghel's words, and he felt an unfamiliar warmth spread through his insides. Despite Anghel's antics, there was some kind of honor behind his motives, whatever they were.

The dagger, unable to pry through the talisman's adhesive, suddenly skewed to the side, and Caspian jumped in surprised pain as the blade knocked against his hand. With a frustrated groan, he let the dagger clatter to the floor. He looked over to Nao with a sort of helpless searching -- what could they do now? Unless Sima recalled the talismans, they weren't going to go anywhere.

"Sima..." Caspian abandoned his formalities and extended a hand to his old acquaintance. "You have to understand, we're so close! You have to let us go!" His eyes locked on the taller, more delicate man with desperate hope.

"You always talked about your desire to explore the world and do good in it -- that's what we're trying to do!"

Cocoa
Evergreen
-:- The Wild Healer
Location: Just casually stealing The Jewel of Phaland, nbd. |
Interacting With
(In order of appearance): Hope, Annabeth, Vincent, Anyone else | Mentions (In order of appearance): spookie spookie _Line 213 _Line 213 Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays
Evergreen frowned at Hope's proposition that Omotholo couldn't hear them, but she knew that her friend was correct. She hadn't realized just how much noise was going on besides their occasional calls around the ship, and the young boy could literally be anywhere. He had of course come aboard, there was no mistaking that, so at the very least she knew he was around. She just hoped that wherever he was, he wasn't anywhere that would put him in danger. The ship, although beautiful, was dangerous. She didn't know anything about the flying contraption, so she quite literally had no choice but to trust those who actually had some know-how to get the blasted thing in the sky before some potentially disastrous happened. And she hoped they would find Omotholo when they were well underway.

He had barely finished speaking when someone [Annabeth] they had briefly seen while they were still hanging out on the line had grabbed him and twirled him around in a fantastical display. Ever's eyes were a little wide from the sudden interaction, but at least it was a positive one, so she couldn't complain, especially since Hope seemed to be utterly thrilled by it. Though she didn't know this young woman, Evergreen figured that if this twirling girl was brave enough to board the airship with guards on their tail, then she certainly earned her place among them as allies until proven otherwise. It wouldn't be prudent to assume the dancer of a woman had ill intentions, not while they were trapped within the flying castle of a ship. She couldn't suppress a grin when he called the king a jerk. Hah!

There was another among them she only briefly remembered from their extensive stint in the line, a young man [Vincent] who didn't look too happy to be among them, but she figured he may have had no choice but to join simply because he got caught up in something that didn't really include him. Her innate, kindly nature wanted her to go over to him and try to see if she could ease any of his insecurities, but her priority was Hope and their friends. The young man would simply have to wait until everyone was safe and sound. She also hoped she would be able to find a place for her seeds, which shouldn't be a problem with such a large ship. They likely would all have beds of their own, if not their own rooms even. She wouldn't be surprised.

When Hope took a seat, she quickly sat next to him. She looked to her silver-haired friend as he and his usual charisma garnered the attention of the others as he began speaking. She personally didn't know who Gramps was, only that he was an adventurer, the best there ever was apparently. And although she didn't love the idea that he was calling them all pirates, she couldn't help but agree that he was right. You couldn't exactly steal an airship, the Jewel of Phaland of all things, and not be called a pirate. It was insane, but true. "I pirate eh?" She murmured, then looked about the others with a grin. "Pirates we are then! I guess I'll need to ask that Anghel guy where he got his shoes." As if to punctuate her point, she wiggled her bare toes, hardly a care in the world that they were utterly dirty.

She was suddenly aware that the ship wasn't...exactly moving anymore. She looked around the room, then looked to the others. "Why have we stopped? You don't think they popped it do you? The guards?" No, she shook her head, that didn't really make much sense. The ship was just standing still, not falling or anything. "Well, they better get it going again and soon, I think we're still too close to the castle..."

Omotholo Okomokklo
Royal Shipyard
Interacting with: The Navigation Room

More voices?

The boy kept himself hunkered behind whatever terminal kept him separated from the rest of the room as the ship jerked to a stop; whomever those tones belonged to, they certainly didn't sound familiar--or at all friendly. As a voice he was more used to spoke up, likely to initiate a back-and-forth, Omotholo slowly poked his eyes up and over his cover, looking about the room.

Even more than the two new figures, the first things to stand out to the boy were the sigils now plastered to various bells and whistles throughout the cabin. His pupils widened slightly, an involuntary reaction as they took in the scene and coupled to his odd sense of intuition. He knew little about airships--as he had expressed many times to no one's particular care--yet he knew enough to throw out the rather reasonable guess that the sigils now attached to various vents and pipes had something to do with their unfortunate stationary jolt.

His truesight tracked the interlocking web of spectral lines from sigil to sigil, a maze in the air that only he could see. Slowly, he began to slink back out of sight, whatever magic was being used to hold the ship in place no doubt far above the realm of his rudimentary understanding. Then, he stopped himself, his eyes finally winding their way to a single sigil somewhat unceremoniously attached to the dashboard. As Caspian reached forward, tugging at another one with as much as he could muster, the pieces finally clicked within Omotholo's little head.

He returned to the corner, ruffling his head as he thought. He couldn't say anything to the others, lest he simply make things worse for himself--not to mention that with his friends now at the tip of the other's blade there wouldn't be much of a way for them to act.

He hit his head lightly with his fists, attempting to jog his mind. But what was there to do, really? He wasn't exactly a mechanist, nor was he a navigator, or much of a spell slinger; all he could truly do was float, hide, clean a room or two...

Clean a room or two. He blinked. "Marimo's Matronly Essentials," he muttered to himself, once again briefly peeking over the top of the dashboard, only to disappear behind it once again. A spell for tucking the untucked, cleaning the unclean, and doing away with things that don't belong, he thought to himself, reciting the cantrip's description in his head. Another nervous ruffling of his hair as he tried to steady his nerves, doing his best not to make a sound. With little other recourse--and a horde of soldiers due to board the ship if they were to stay stuck, the boy realized that things might just have been on him for the first time in his life.

The boy took a deep, deep breath; likely the deepest breath he had ever taken before in his life. Either this worked, and they'd be on their way to a worse fate than whatever they had currently managed to dig themselves into or it wouldn't, and, well, perhaps not best to think of the consequences in the middle of a cantrip.

Just as he had before, the boy stiffened his fingers and tented them together, a growing spot of grey nothingness building between his palms and emanating a soft glow of flat, colorless light. Then came the ring of a bell, clear and open, as if immune to the churning sound of the engine. And, to the orphans at least, a telltale sign of a certain someone putting the rush on their weekly chores.

Almost immediately, a wind whipped up throughout the cockpit. Clothing and drapery alike billowed; though the king's cleaning staff had done quite the job, there was no such thing as a truly spotless clean--or so one would think. Gleaming pipes veritably sparkled as the nigh-invisible grime of fingerprints lifted themselves from the pipes, valves whistling and spitting as an unfathomable shine began to coat the room's metals from top to bottom and initial signs of oxidation began to fade away. Every strand and speck not woven directly into the carpet was kicked up into the wind, spiraling through the air as it began to collect in a small, diminishing ball in the center. The mass of dust spun and spun, its outskirts glowing as motes lit up into sparks, only to jump away and vanish from existence entirely.

The boy shut his eyes tight, tightening his huddle as he kept his hands together and allowed his cloak to billow around him in the midst of his hiding place. The blood spilled on the dashboard flicked up and away in the form of neat little droplets, only to spread out into smaller and smaller ones as they lept into the vortex, sparking away into nothing just as the dust had. The glass covering the dials were nothing if not mirrors, and through it all, the sigils danced and waved like flags caught in the midst of a violent typhoon, the slightest of embers beginning to form on the edge of the sigil attached to the dashboard as the cantrip attempted to do away with that one last unwanted spot.

Please, Matron Marimo, Omotholo thought, whomever you are, just this once...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back