• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom  ❱❱ GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS 」

Roleplay Availability
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
GUNPLA BATTLE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
01 INFORMATION
welcome to the open tournament
Hello! Welcome to the Interest Check for a rather #tryhard Gundam Build Fighters roleplay. Our team #insertnamehere (TBA once I pin down a logo) will be considered an underperforming world-level team. As in, they typically get in by the scrape of their teeth and usually get kicked out in the first round. While this means they're strong locally, internationally is another matter. However, in recent times the level of competition has gone up, with other JP teams bringing in international students to raise their team's skill level. How will #insertnamehere fair in the increasingly more competitive world of Gunpla?

If you're unfamiliar with Gunpla, it's a portmanteau of "Gundam Plastic Model". From there, you can likely surmise what it means. So what does "Gunpla Battle" mean? From the name itself, it's making those Gunpla fight using Plavsky particles, a special material that can manipulate the plastic of Gunpla and cause them to move. If you've watched Angelic Layer, it's very similar in concept except there are physical controls to the Gunpla rather than them being simply manipulated telepathically.

You might already see an inconsistency with canon if you happen to be familiar with GBF and GBFT. Technically speaking, in the GBWC Open Tournament each competitor should only have one machine in battle, as per S1 rules. Building off of S2 (GBFT) lore, GBWC instated a team-based tournament that runs alongside the solo due to the popularity of the mode in the under 19 arena. I'll expand more on how teams are formed + rules once I properly iron out my concepts for it.

While I haven't nailed down much in the realm of specifics, I'm thinking we should be on the 19th iteration of GBWC. At this point, Gunpla has reached an overwhelming popularity. So much that brands and companies not typically affiliated with Gunpla have begun sponsoring fighters and builders to represent them, similar to real sports.
02 RULES
PLEASE READ THE ELIGIBILITY AND BATTLE MECHANICS
If you read the above info, you'll notice I said #tryhard. Why? We'll be using a modified version of a tabletop dice system Gunpla Battle. The one we'll be using will be far simpler, with little battle mechanics and more in the way of stats for our Gunpla. You can view the original battle rulebook here and the profile guide here. If you decide to join, I highly suggest focusing on the profile guide more.

Now, here's another gimmick I want to mention. This roleplay encourages its players to get creative and modify official artwork of their chosen base Gundam to fit their characters. Extra stat points will be awarded to those that put the effort simply because they deserve it. While obviously we'll take into account if a character is mainly a builder and such, it's still important to give merit where it's due.

As for more standard affairs, the roleplay is looking for people with a decent grasp of English and a strong sense of commitment. Knowing Gundam is not important to us as this is, as they say, a kids LITE show.
03 SPONSORS
WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Majority of the resources I used are from the official gundam-bf.net website and screenshots from various series in the Gundam verse. However, a few of them, like the GP base and control system, are from techan@deviantart. Character images will be sourced with their respective artist and/or original series in their respective posts. Please take note that failure to do so will result in a warning from me.

Please do not replicate any part of this roleplay without my permission. It took a disgustingly long time to prep this, so your thievery will not go "unappreciated". Special thanks goes to Lyro Lyro for helping me out with the bbcoding-end of this and CupAndCough CupAndCough for being an idea wall bounce. I love you all. ; w ;
nothing
nothing
nothing
RESOURCES. TECHAN@DA | GUNDAM-BF.NET

Last edited:
Hello Sugar! I am interested; it looks beautiful. I love GBF, but I have to wait until the full story is outlined and how exactly it will be handled.

I'll be interested if it gets off the ground soon. I might get impatient and join a bunch more rps, but this is a priority

Oh hello everyone! sorry i was out doing errands!

Tardy Grade Tardy Grade
:c but they're not as cool

White Masquerade White Masquerade
no problem! i've got the bulk of the premise written out, and I should be moving onto the various misc info that doesn't directly involve gunpla and the system

Blitzer Blitzer
I'll tag you once I finish up the thread then. c:

GasMaskie GasMaskie
Mhmm. The roleplay will be considerably less dice-focused, but will still contain elements from the original info docs I've linked.

TPBx TPBx
Oh no, you don't need it! I'm just encouraging people to manipulate official art of their chosen base, but it's definitely not a requirement.

M MaryJane
I'll tag you when it goes up~

oh I forgot to mention this important note!
Roleplay will be app-based for QC purposes. So there's no reservation of any kind. ; w ;

TPBx TPBx
I've never been one for rushing my roleplays; I just wanted to see if there would be an actual demograph for it.
Earliest we can expect it is by mid june, but that's highly dependent on the workload of a website I help manage.

OMG I WANNA JOIN!! i've actually been working on a D10 tabletop rpg system for gundam that focuses on custom Ms's but i wanna join this too for fun times.
and if you're still building the system i could help i you want :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back