• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ᴇᴀʀʟʏ sᴜɴsᴇᴛs ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴏɴʀᴏᴇᴠɪʟʟᴇ (ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏᴘᴇɴ)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.

eARlY sUnSEts oVeR mONroeViLLe

✕✕✕

tuesday september 24th, 11:21 am;

The air is heavy and just a bit damp in the way that usually precedes a summer storm. No threatening clouds can be seen in the distance today, although a few smoky whisps obscure whatever warmth might be left in the late September sun.

It feels a touch cooler than usual but not unpleasantly so, and people go about their regular Tuesday schedules without giving much thought to anything out of the ordinary.

In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to notice something amiss unless you were near the back parking lot of the hospital, and even then, few could identify the significance of the unmarked and heavily-tinted black vehicles flanking it.

And yet, unbeknownst to the many residents of Monroeville, this day would come to be called the beginning of the end of their world.

code by spookie​

Last edited:
O L I V E R ☆ W E S T I N G

LOCATION | hospital. MOOD | apathetic. WITH | n/a (open).
☆☆☆

Oli sighed loudly under his breath. Unwrapping another piece of gum, he wandered down the seemingly endless hallway and wrinkled his nose at how it always seemed to smell just a bit too strongly of antiseptics.

He hated hospitals.

Oli didn't hate his grandmother however, and she was the only reason he'd dared to enter this glaringly white medical hellscape. The place was needlessly confusing, and everything appeared identical and eerily devoid of any individuality. It was to be expected of course, but the constant sameness made the teenager shudder a little as he passed by yet another indistinguishable room.

Thinking he might've somehow missed his grandmother's room, Oli poked his head inside the doorway. A pale boy with turquoise and auburn hair stared back at him wordlessly with rather sad eyes. He was probably just a few years younger than Oli himself, but the kid sure looked worse for wear, and the fact he had a very similar haircut to Oli only made the entire thing creepier.

"Wrong room," the older teen apologized coolly, turning away with another sigh of frustration.

Really, Oli wondered, exactly how big could one cardiac unit, or whatever the fancy name that nurse had given him, even be?

He was already regretting having skipped his hobby of choice for this.

code by spookie spookie

"C'mon, big boy!" Hank pulled on the leash of an enormous Saint Bernard who, rather than be checked over for some digestion problems, wanted to go back to its owner's house and probably beg for table scraps. Hank tugged on the leash once more, a slight tug, and tried to beckon the dog over to the table. Hank was generally strong -he had to deal with some larger dog breeds all of the time with some of his patients- but just the idea of lifting a two hundred and fifty-pound behemoth who didn't want to be cared for, or at least getting onto the table, was going to be a struggle. Hank sighed as the dog, Rosco, laid down in the floor. Hank could tell that the dog wasn't feeling good, and he wanted to know why. Sure, Bernard's weren't the most energetic of breeds, Hank thought, but that didn't give Rosco the right to lay down on me!

One of the nurses poked her head into the door and asked if Hank needed help. "Unless you have a forklift or bacon, I think I'm alright," he joked as he stood over the dog.

"Well, darn, I left my forklift in my other pants," the nurse laughed as she started back down the hall where she came.

The owner was sitting in the waiting room, as they complained that Rosco wasn't eating much as of late and seemed to have lost some weight -not a lot, but enough for them to worry about the poor thing- and vomiting and constipation. Hank pushed his arms underneath Rosco, sliding his arms under his belly, and lifted him with a grunt from both parties. The veterinarian laid the dog on the x-ray table, but before they started to take pictures, Hank pressed lightly into the dog's stomach. He had asked the owner a series of questions of about Rosco, like if he was sensitive to certain foods or had previous stomach issues. When they answered no to both questions, Hank wondered if it could be bacterial related. Rosco gave a low whine when Hank pressed into his stomach, and Hank tried to sooth the creature. "I know, I know," he repeated, "we'll get you outta here in no time." He scratched the dog's head and had a nurse to come in and do the x-rays.

A few minutes later, the x-rays showed that Rosco was indeed experiencing constipation, and as Hank checked Rosco further, decided that he be put on antibacterial medication and some medicine to help with constipation. He told the owner everything and warned that if Rosco's condition worsened, "come back and we'll help this boy back on his feet." Hank was positive that Rosco would be better after this but still worried about him.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Ford!" The owner smiled and shook Hank's hand.

"No problem, Mrs. Carter," Hank shook the woman's hand, and with that, she went to the front desk to retrieve the medicine, Rosco trudging slightly behind on the leash.

Jackson Lennox

Today was just like any other day for Jackson Lennox. Well, it was much slower, but that was to be expected on a Tuesday morning in the middle of Downtown Monroeville. The seedy people had gone to bed, for once, and the regular people of the area of town were just getting to their jobs.

Nobody around here was rich by any sense of the word, Jackson included. He made pennies on the dollar and tips at Monroeville, Ink, where he had just started as an apprentice tattooer at the ripe age of eighteen. He'd recently turned nineteen over the summer, and was coming up on nearly a year of working here in October. He got by with a second job, working graveyard at a shitty little diner not very far from the tattoo shop.

It was work from ten till seven at the shop, rest for a few hours, start work at eleven at the diner, get home at five A.M., rest, repeat. He lived in a rundown apartment that was within walking distance to both places, given the kid didn't have a car. His parents weren't exactly supportive of his career choices, and he was paying the price for it.

The boy boredly tapped his fingers on the wall of the wide booth, looking over to his teacher. The man was in his forties, with more tattoos than Jackson could ever imagine having, multiple piercings, and a gruff beard to match with it. He was stern, but definitely one of the best teachers Jackson had ever encountered. One could tell that the man knew what he was doing. He'd been in the business over twenty years, after all.

"We got any clients today?" Jackson asked after a moment longer of silence.

"I have clients today, yeah." the older of the two responded, tone implying that he wouldn't let Jackson get behind the tattoo gun today.

"Soo, that means I'm sweeping floors again?" Jackson asked. He always asked too many questions, it seemed. His teacher wasn't a man of many words, and wasn't particularly outspoken, but one could usually tell what he was thinking by looking at him.

Jackson didn't need to speak further to clarify the look his mentor gave him next. With a sigh, the kid got to his feet, walking across the way to where a lonely broom stood against the wall. Grabbing it in his hands, he began to gather the dust from the floor into a pile. Just like he did every day when it was slow like this. He really only got to tattoo anybody towards the end of his shift, when his mentor had been satisfied with the menial tidy work he did around the shop. It certainly saved on janitorial costs, for sure.

Tony Agnello

Today had to be the worst day of Tony's life.

His best friend of a few years and singer in his band had finally gone off the deep end. The kid had troubles with substance use, and hell, Tony did at one point too, but today had been the final nail in the coffin. Matthew had pulled the shortest straw of the bunch this morning.

It started with Matthew not answering phone calls just two hours earlier. He usually was available to talk. Even then, after not answering a few times over, Tony had started to suspect something was wrong. He drove over to the singer's apartment.

Lo and behold, he was greeted by his worst nightmare; a pale, cold body lying in the middle of the living room.

Tony had been sitting in the damn waiting room for well over an hour now. Nobody had told him anything just yet. His heart was jumping out of his chest with every passing moment. He could only hope, and maybe pray, that his friend would be okay. Despite this, all he could actively think was about how worried he was; he never did well under pressure and under stress. He felt like he could fall apart any second now. The tension was weighing extremely heavily on his shoulders by now. He could hardly breathe. Maybe he would have a panic attack.

Had he just lost everything?

All he could do was wait. And he hated that.

✞ V A L E N T I N ✞

LOCATION | hospital MOOD | inconvenienced WITH | n/a (open).
✞✞✞

"Are you absolutely certain that is correct?"

It was more of a demand than a question. Hardly notable behaviour for Valentin, but his infamous icy cool was beginning to crumble... and that was almost unheard of.

This was bad.

Biting his lip as the answer came over his communication piece, he listened to his twin's ramblings with an uncharacteristic amount of concern. It wasn't like Crimsyn to be so serious.

Uttering a few choice phrases under his breath, Valentin ended the call with a subtle click and made his way in silence to the revolving doors of the waiting room. He offered a frigid glare to a pair of children who'd been playing within their glassy confines, pushing through with sharp and purposeful motions. Fearful and horrified eyes followed his every step, but Valentin couldn't care less about the dark aura that swept into the crowded room behind him.

His gaze lingered momentarily on a young man who appeared caught in the throes of either panic or devastation. The man in the black suit couldn't tell which, but whatever had happened to him, he was probably the only soul there more miserable than Valentin himself.

Instead of stopping to offer any explanation to the nurses currently directing patients and loved ones alike, Valentin simply flashed an odd-looking badge in their direction and kept walking without so much as a glance back in their direction.

There was no time to waste.

With a shake of his head, Valentin threw open a set of doors and walked swiftly towards the end of the cardiac unit's halls. There, he'd only have to hop an elevator and navigate a few more units before he'd reach the site of the issue he'd been sent to resolve.

A nurse and some kid with black hair and piercings both partially blocked his path, but Valentin did not intend to slow down. He ignored the teenager who appeared completely lost, and instead made his way towards the nurse.

"Excuse me," he exhaled, hardly bothering to look at her as he picked up his pace.

Suspicious medical staff was the last thing Valentin needed, and his fake badge could only buy him so much time.

dmgink dmgink fandom-in-reverse fandom-in-reverse
code by spookie spookie

A young man, probably a little older than the teen Peggy was talking to, pushed by the pair and breathed a hurried "Excuse me" before passing them. Peggy thought he looked more like one of those emo teens at first and shrugged it off, but the more she thought about it the more she felt like something was off. He was quick to leave and get to wherever he was going and Peggy wasn't sure if she had seen his face before. She glanced in his direction and saw him leave- another nurse turned to Peggy and shrugged her shoulders. The nurse mouthed 'badge', and Peggy assumed that she heard from another unit about this mysterious man.

Peg let out a small sigh and turned back to the teen. "If you're looking for someone, I can look up their room if you want me too. It's just down the hall here," she gestured towards the cardiac unit's nurses station. The hospital needed relatives and friends to come to the station before they started to look for their loved ones mainly because of safety reasons. Anyone couldn't simply walk in without a viable reason.

That lead back to the young man that just walked through. Peg would say nothing about this and decided to keep it to herself.

K A I ✧ E N G E L

LOCATION | hospital. MOOD | sad, curious. WITH | oli, sort of... (open). MENTIONED | valentin (me), peggy ( fandom-in-reverse fandom-in-reverse ).
✧✧✧

Letting out a soft and defeated sigh, Kai stretched his legs under the thin white sheet and stared out of his tiny bedside window, missing Monroeville's fresh mountain air more than ever in the stuffy confines of the hospital. He was used to weeks and sometimes even months spent in its sterile grasp; Kai knew it was for his own good, but that didn't stop him from feeling frustrated and outcast.

If only he had the regular kind of teenage broken heart instead, and not a defective one that would need to be cut apart and stitched back together if he hoped to make it to his father's age.

He shook his head to dispel the negative thoughts collecting in his brain. Being sad was okay, but it didn't do any good to fixate on an unchangeable situation.

Kai's attempt at positivity was interrupted by a black-haired boy who appeared to be a couple of years older than him leaning into his room as though he was looking for someone. Upon sighting the room's occupant, he mumbled out a somewhat forced apology and quickly left.

It was only a moment later that Kai fully recognized him.

Oli Westing, the singer from one of the local bands he'd often listened to.

Wanting to at least greet the person who'd brought him so much entertainment, Kai slid his legs out from the sheet and stood gingerly. Reluctantly grabbing and dragging his IV pole behind him, the teen with the auburn and turquoise hair made his way out into the hall.

"Hey! Oli! You're from that band Killed By Kittens aren't you?"

Kai stared awkwardly at the ground when he sighted Oli, who was turning towards him, as well as a nurse and some other well-dressed man hurrying away.

"I uh, I'm a fan," he said sheepishly, his soft but slightly raspy voice trailing off.
code by spookie spookie

Ryan | Location: Suburbia's Identical Houses | With: Nobody

The pleasant smell of rice with eggs and chicken reached Ryan's nose as he turned on the TV with the controller. He put his food in the small table in front of the couch as he began cycling through the channels with a smile on his face. His father was working, as usual, and his sister was in school, so he had all the house for himself now. Which was great.

Or would be, if he wasn't incredibly bored. There was nothing interesting in the TV, and his internet connection was agonizingly slow today- He suspected that one of his neighbours was stealing his Wi-Fi-, so no internet either. His smile quickly melted into an indifferent, straight line.

'At least the food is good.' He thought.

Lia | Location: Monroeville's Highschool | With: Nobody

Break came and several students rushed out of the classroom, with a few staying to do whatever. One of them being Lia. With a sigh, she closed her notebook and stored it in her backpack and hanging it on her back. She looked around, searching for her friends, but luck wasn't on her side. Not a single one of them came. Her friendship circle wasn't so big to begin with, so it wasn't that surprising.

She quickly left the classroom, and began heading to the library. It was almost 12:00 PM anyways, and after this break she didn't had any classes. Lia took out her phone and set an alarm for 12:00 PM, in case she missed the bell, which was impossible.

She crossed a few hallways and made it to the school's library. It was filled with books- as expected- and very few students- after all, not many had an covenient (or inconvenient) break right before the end of the classes-.

Quickly, she took out her phone and checked the hour once again, and stored it in her pocket. She then headed for the bookshelves to pick a book.

Lucy
Lucy

forty-five-fucking-minutes she waited on that hill for her online date to arrive. She had a full picnic set up on a pretty little checkered rug. She had a bottle of wine, a cheese board with rather expensive salami. A selection of sandwiches cut into cute little triangles were set out underneath a dishcloth, and here she was, eating it alone. She was beginning to think something must be wrong with her and she was destined to live alone, with no kids, for the rest of her life. Heck, she was almost 30 and still hadn't had a relationship longer than a year. Wasn't that pathetic? Her mother certainly thought so, and openly said so at Christmas dinners and especially on Chinese new year when she had no children to give the little red letters to. She had dressed nicely, in a long summer skirt and a white blouse, she had washed her hair and straightened it. Heck she had even put on more makeup than usual and bought a new floral perfume from the drug store in order to be more feminine for her date. She liked this one, he had lasted almost 2 months so far. It really wasn't like him to miss a date like this.

As Lucy headed back towards town with her little picnic basket and handbag, she took her phone out and called it again. This time, unlike all the last times the phone rung a few times then someone picked up "Lucy? So sorry, my phone was dead I asked the nurse to charge it I-" He paused, and brought the phone away from his mouth to cough violently "I'm at the hospital, I've been very sick and today I got a dizzy spell and fell down the stairs... gave myself a concussion, anyway, I'm sorry I'll make it up to you when I get out" Lucy's heart stopped for a second "Oh my gosh it's okay! I'll be there right away Tom! Is it serious? Will you be okay?" She was worried, but happy he hadn't forgotten her. He coughed again "Im sure I'll be okay luce. I gotta go, nurse wants to do some tests.." Now she felt a little more concerned. "Oh, ok. Hold tight I'll come visit as fast as I can"

Down the hill her canary yellow bike was parked at a bike rack next to a small playground. She hopped on and begun the long ride to the hospital. When she arrived, and entered, she was suprised at how busy the place was today. She headed to the front counter and got the attendant's attention "Hello, I am here to visit Tom Greene, he was admitted this morning?" The administrator looked him up and looked at her with a concerned face "Sorry, he is unable to be visited right now, he's in a bad way. I'm sorry." Lucy furrowed her brow "But... it was only a minro concussion wasn't it, he just had a dizzy spell and slipped... that's.." She cut her off "Look, you can wait over there I'll see what I can do." She said pointing to the waiting room.

Confused, and more than a little worried, Lucy complied and sat down in the only available seat next to a young man with very curly black hair and looked right ahead looking concerned.

Last edited:
O L I V E R ☆ W E S T I N G

LOCATION| hospital. MOOD|mildly annoyed/freaked out. WITH|peggy ( fandom-in-reverse fandom-in-reverse ), kai (me). MENTIONED | valentin (me).
☆☆☆

Oli glanced at the nurse from behind his jet black fringe and nodded, feeling uncomfortable as ever. Damn, he really hated hospitals. The sooner this lady could help him find his grandma and get out of these mocking plain white walls, the better.

He glared a bit at the strange man in the black suit who hurried through, but relaxed his face when he realized this stranger wouldn't be delaying anything further.

"Yeah well, the lady directing loved ones," he began, his voice falling cynical on the last two words, "said my grandmother should be in room 306, but there's a half-dead looking kid with my kinda hair in there and no Granny. She had quite the accent, so I must've misheard the room number, but—"

Oli was cut off by the kid he'd just mentioned dragging himself out of his bed, looking decidedly pathetic in a too-big hospital gown, standing barefoot and propped up on an IV pole with those same sad eyes staring in his direction.

The older boy's shoulders fell visibly when he heard the kid call out to him and mention his band name. Oh, great. He did not want to be doing some sort of charity visit for sick kids today... or ever, but especially not today.

"Yeah," Oli said unenthusiastically, "that would be me."

Ignoring the sickly thing's ramblings of being a fan, Oli was planning to continue his discussion with the nurse when he heard it.

A scream, followed by two gunshots.

What the hell?!?
code by spookie spookie

Jackson Lennox

Jackson soon finished his sweeping duties and boredly looked out the window of the shop. He was currently unaware of the situation at hand, being miles away. All was calm here, but not for much longer, more than likely.

Their first client of the day soon came in, arms wrapped tightly around herself as she entered through the doors. She soon got settled in the chair, and Jackson's mentor and the girl got to talking pricing and artwork. She was new to this, or Jackson assumed she was, because he couldn't see any tattoos on her. She must not have been much older than Jackson himself. And so, a normal day of work began.

Or, so they thought...

Tony Agnello
Interacting: Sook Sook

Tony sat there with unprecedented silence for several minutes. His mind and his heart were heavy with what felt like the weight of his whole world. But he had to keep it together. People were here.

He looked worriedly to the woman sitting next to him, frowning slightly. He could see that she was in a similar situation with the way she looked forward and avoided talking. Part of him understood and the other just couldn't help but reach out. Maybe it could help both of them.

"Hey." Tony said quietly to Lucy. He let a moment pass before he tried again.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Though, if she didn't reply back or didn't want to talk, he would understand. He looked around the full waiting room some more. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, heart on high alert and lungs trying not to work over time.

Then the two gunshots sounded. Tony's posture immediately shot up, and he looked to see if anyone else had noticed it. He recognized that sound. He knew that sound from some days long past.

"Maybe we should get out of here." He was talking to nobody in particular. Having said this, he hesitated to leave. He didn't want anyone else to be hurt. He'd had enough of that for one day.

Moon "Bee" Areum
Location: The Illusion Studio (Art Store, near Memorial Hospital)

Today was just another day in the new life for the finally successful Bee. Just a year ago, she was still tagging the walls of Monroeville's city center on a day like this. The weather was just right; cloudy, somewhat humid, but not unbearable to her heat wise. She loved this time of year, if she were completely honest.

Bee had classes to teach today. These lessons were more often how she made money- she was one of the only body painters and muralists in the studio out of six other artists. The others had various other specialties, such as helping design tattoos, painting on canvas for customers, teaching drawing technique to younger children..it was a bit expansive for such a tiny little shop.

She had just been in the middle of her first lesson for the day when she heard the first two gun shots. Usually that didn't happen on this side of town, so it naturally caught her attention. The couple she'd been teaching went running out of the studio and down the street.

Bee herself would soon follow suit, not wanting to risk being robbed or jumped or even shot by whoever was wielding the gun.

Lucy
Lucy was startled by the voice, too lost in her own troubling thoughts to notice her surroundings. She blinked a few times and then looked at the young man "Oh, sorry, In my own little world." She forced herself to give the boy her usual warm neighborly smile "I'm alright, Just not sure what is happening with my partner." She said, the concern leaking back onto her face "He has a tendency to downplay things that are wrong with them, and now I am not allowed to see him." She gave a short sigh "Anyway, I suppose there is no use fretting just yet..." She paused, directing her concern to the young man "Are you waiting to hear about somebody too?" She asked "I do hope everything is-

She was cut off by loud gunshots. Very alarmed, Lucy rose from her seat and looked around to see if anyone was hurt. Everyone in the waiting room looked shocked and scared. "What on earth!?" She exclaimed. The young man suggested they get out of here but, where had it come from? Her ears were ringing. Lucy made her way over to the window to see more black vehicles than ever. She'd been noticing them around lately but hadn't thought anything of it till today. She was looking around the room for answers but no one seemed to be any wiser than she was about the gunshots or about the armored vehicles. She moved back towards the only person she had spoken to so far "Where should we go?" She asked him, very confused, but with a terrible gut feeling "What about my partner I need to find him-" She started in the direction of the hallway towards the wards.

✞ V A L E N T I N (FEAT. ZOMBIES) ✞

LOCATION | hospital. MOOD | really freakin' pissed. WITH | n/a.
✞✞✞

This wasn't bad. Valentin had dealt with bad too many times to count, and he'd kicked its ass every time without so much as breaking a sweat. It wasn't worse either, because worse might've scared Crimsyn just the tiniest bit, but it had never gotten the best of Valentin's frigid composure.

No. This... this scene before him could only be described as catastrophic.

"Damn it," Valentin hissed, shadowy lines on his face growing harsher beneath the fluorescent lights.

For once in his lifetime, he had been too late.

A young male nurse lay comatose across the blood-soaked tile floor, his entrails being devoured with animalistic hunger by mutilated faces resembling those of a fat politician and people who had only minutes earlier called him a co-worker. Maybe friend, or even family.

Whoever or whatever they had been yesterday, it was clear from a single glance that these creatures shared nothing but an unfeeling shell of a body with the human lives they'd once lived.

Blood didn't bother Valentin. He'd seen so much of the crimson fluid spilled and splattered in his line of work that it was hardly more disturbing than a dropped gallon of milk at the supermarket. Messy and inconvenient sure, but entirely common.

Yet even he winced at the sight of this unmoving man being devoured half alive, though Valentin could not focus on it for long. There were already others. Many others

Some donned the papery blue scrubs of surgeons, already mottling purple with more blood, while another few wore what most closely resembled the personal protective equipment worn by doctors battling exotic diseases in far-off lands.

So they'd already known this was something different.

That was suspicious to say the least, but Valentin hardly had time to play Sherlock.

Something moved behind him, causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand up as he whirled around with practiced grace. Having removed his back-up pistol from its hidden holster as to conserve the rarer ammunition required by the custom model, he flipped off the safety and aimed with the kind of familiar ease of that could only be found in someone who ended lives for a living.

Two of the creatures fell with a sickening moan, brain tissue spraying across a room already slick with gore.

"These fuckers go down almost as easily as the normal ones," he mused quietly, as three more bullets made their way towards the forming horde of contaminated individuals.

A slight smirk formed on Valentin's lips. He might've gotten there late, but at least he had a good idea of what might be happening. Now he'd just need to check in with Crimsyn to confirm his theory.

Of course, Valentin himself couldn't begin to imagine just how helpless he and his twin would become in this apocalypse, assassin training or no assassin training.
code by spookie spookie

Alex sat on a typical hospital bed with white sheets and a sterile scent in the air that obviously made Fiona very uncomfortable as she stood next to his bed. Alex looked at the plain walls and boring looking interior of the room while his sister stared at him with a look that made her disapproval more than obvious.

"Are you feeling better now?" She asked with crossed arms over her chest. Alex looked at her and absentmindedly rubbed the spot he had been stung by a bee just hours ago. How he managed that was anybody's guess but somehow he had been stung while skateboarding in the park. Nervous he looked at his sister and took the tip of a strand of hair between his fingers to distract himself.

He knew how much his sister disliked hospitals and why, so he felt a bit guilty that they had to go to one just because Alex had been careless "yeah, I'm all good now so we can leave this sterile hell" he said and Fi smiled a smile that made him worry "good, then I can start lecturing you" she said and slapped the back of Alex's head before going into an angry rant about Alex having to be more careful.

Fiona's speech was interrupted when a loud noise rang out. Alex raised an eyebrow, had that been gunshots? It couldn't be right? They were in a hospital after all...

Fi looked at her brother with worry before grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the room. "Since you are feeling better let's get the hell out of here" she said as she walked down the hall but had to stop when she bumped into someone carrying a tray with surgical tools and knocked it to the ground.

"I'm so sorry about that!" She apologized while Alex crouched down to help pick up the fallen tools. No, he wasn't doing it to be helpful. His eyes just caught something he couldn't resist but snatch and hide in his sleeve before standing back up and handing the man the rest of the tools.
Who knows, maybe a scalpel could be handy someday...

Last edited:

• Peggy listened as the teen explain his situation. She remembered that there was an older lady in the cardiac unit, but Peg couldn't remember what room she was in. And the receptionist the teen was describing was known for her accent- she was from a long line of Russians and had a thick accent. The staff has tried to help her with pronouncing everything more smoothly but to no avail. Then the other teen had come up to greet him. Oli, he had named him. While they finished their conversation and Oli turned back to her, Peg gave a low hum, and suggested, "Well, we can check down here at the computer and find her. Just follow me," she gave her best smile and started to the nurse's station.

That's when the gunshots were heard. There was one, then two, then several. Peg's heart stopped as she heard them and every possibility of what that could be raced through her mind. She started running down the hall to where the shots were heard, and her chest started to tighten up. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears and could feel the rhythm of her heart in her throat with each leap. Peggy passed several people as they tried to get those in the hallways into rooms and call for a Code Silver- active shooter.

She turned a corner, and her feet slipped from underneath her. Her legs and hips slammed against the floor, but she got up in a flash to continue. What she could see from one room before she even entered was blood sludging into the hall. Peggy could smell the blood, and it smelled rotten and strong, mixed with the stench of rotten flesh. Her breath was uneven as she slowly made her way to the door. Peggy wanted to help, wanted to see what was happening, but she heard one of her coworkers call from behind her. "Peg! C'mon, get over here!" They called.

Peg stopped and glanced behind her and back to the door; she knew she couldn't get in the way of the crossfire if that were what was happening, but she couldn't get shot herself. She had passed the nurse's station and knew that the phone was on the desk just as you made it beyond the door. Peggy didn't want to leave those people -whoever they were- be in danger but the coworker called back out. "Peggy, damn it, c'mon!"

Peggy started towards the nurse's station, and as she got to the phone, her fingers typed in the number to her brother's veterinarian office. Peggy's husband, Johnny, and little girl, Jenny, were home safe and surely Peg could make it back in time to reach them.

Last edited:
✞ V A L E N T I N ✞

LOCATION | hospital. MOOD | adrenaline high. WITH | peggy ( fandom-in-reverse fandom-in-reverse ), anyone near the waiting room or nurse's station.
✞✞✞

Bang. Dead. Bang. Dead. Bang... getting back up?

Valentin gritted his teeth. These... things, he couldn't be sure exactly what they were yet, seemed to go down easy with a direct headshot. Anything else however, even a perfect hit to the heart, only momentarily staggered them from the kickback.

His aim and hands were steady as always, but every corpse he brought down only allowed another to rise from the piles of supposedly dead or wounded. Patients, doctors, anyone lured into the madhouse was ripped apart with a level of ferocity Valentin had never seen in all his years of playing hired gun and double agent.

Purely animalistic. Carnal. Twisted in its raw simplicity.

He would've been impressed at the amount of damage these ill and unarmed human shells were capable of causing if the situation wasn't so dire.

Taking a momentary break to reload, the lack of echoing gunshots bouncing off the walls allowed Valentin to hear something else. A slight crashing somewhere outside of the room, and voices. Shit. More people deciding to idiotically play hero meant more of these creatures were about to be created. He wasn't sure of how it spread just yet, but the contagiousness of the condition was obvious.

"Get out of here if you don't wanna end up some cannibalistic freak's dinner, and let me do my job!" Valentin barked the command over his shoulder, a move that cost him dearly.

Two of the things pushed through a doorway, electing screams from whoever they encountered outside. By the time Valentin had reached the door to barricade the remaining infected inside, another one had already slipped through.

"Oh fuck it," he spat, emptying a few more bullets into the now-contained horde before slipping outside the steel and glass doorway to track down the escapees.

He could only hope no one was stupid enough to let them out.

It wasn't hard for Valentin to trace the path of smeared bloody footprints or ocassional blob of gore. Two of the things appeared to have gone towards the waiting area, while another had veered off and shambled its way to the cardiac unit he'd walked through only minutes ago.

Deciding the pair were more of an urgent threat, he picked up his pace only to see one approaching a hysterical nurse on a phone at her station.

Damn it once again.

"Lady! Watch it! That thing in the bloody scrubs with its intestines half out is craving your insides," Valentin half-shouted with a grimace, before taking it out with a shot to the head.

He was sure the nurse would absolutely flip at the fact he was carrying a gun in a hospital, even if he had just saved her life. It was only to prevent another infection and had nothing to do with goodwill on his part, but still, she ought to be grateful.

"Oh and before you arrest me, I'm just trying to do my job and stop more of these flesh-eaters from tearing up your colleagues."

Valentin turned on his heels and took a step in the direction of the other creature now entering the crowded waiting room, but not before glancing back one last time.

He had no idea who was on the phone with her, but somehow it reminded him of his own bond with Crimsyn... the very Crimsyn he would be calling for backup as soon as he'd eliminated these damn escapees.
code by spookie spookie

Augustus Fitzgerald

Gus heard the bell signaling the end of that period of classes. He had been stuck in Mathematics, so the bell was a very welcome sound indeed. Unfortunately, he couldn't waste this time he had now, he had a to go to the library and get his homework done otherwise his grandmother would make him do it instead of training, and the school sports carnival was just around the corner, so he had to build up his endurance.

The library was fairly empty, other than a familiar girl. She wasn't exactly a friend, but someone who respected his space and didn't talk to much that he sometimes studied with here. He approached her slowly and said "Hey Lia." With a small wave and a little smile "I was just gonna do some homework over there if you want to sit with me?" He asked, gesturing to the tables and chairs in the middle of the building.

Interacting: Thorn_Reaper Thorn_Reaper Lia

Lia | Location: Monroeville's Highschool | With: Augustus, Sook Sook

Lia was checking the bookshelves for an interesting book when someone called out to her from her side. She jerked lightly and nearly dropped the book she held on her hand, but managed to catch it. 'Chemistry 101' Was the cover of the book. Lia turned to face the speaker. "Hi..." She said, raising her hand to besides her head. It was Gus, a guy who she sometimes saw around.

She looked over at the tables and nodded. She walked to the tables and sat down, placing her backpack on the floor besides her chair and the book on the table, opening it. She stared at him for a second before immersing herself in reading.

Jackson Lennox

No new updates.

Tony Agnello
Interacting: Sook Sook , Lucy

Tony shot up immediately at the sound of more gunshots coming from inside the hospital. He turned to the woman he'd been sitting with, going to carefully grab her arm.

"We shouldn't go back there." He said, and Lucy could likely see him start to shake. He'd heard this sound before and he always froze when he did. He'd already been on the verge of tears before this.

But then he looked outside. Unmarked trucks and guys with guns everywhere. It didn't look like they would be getting out any time soon.

"...On second thought, maybe we should go find him." Tony said, his breathing starting to get out of control. What the hell was going on? This was stressing him out. "What room is he in?"

Moon "Bee" Areum

Bee froze dead in her tracks as she got closer to the hospital. Black trucks, military everywhere. She couldn't believe her eyes. She stepped only a little bit closer. She looked around for anybody outside the building, anybody at all. But she saw nobody. Not counting the military, everybody was gone. The streets were about to become a warzone, and she could see that.

"What the hell?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back