• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
N
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A roleplaying story taking place in modern times that ties elements of fantasy, reality, and sci-fi together. Supernaturals, which have been part of human history and lore, thought to be nothing more than stories, are slowly beginning to come out from hiding, making more of their presence. As such, tension, casualty, and strange occurrences seem to be on the rise. Most of society remains unaware of their existence beyond mythology and stories; however, the conscious gap between reality and fantasy is slowly closing as people are having to explain occurrences and reconcile these incidents without much explanation.

How will this brave new world come about?

DarkNerd

The Heart yearns for what it cannot have.
Genre: Modern, Realism, Fantasy, Gore, Supernatural, Sci-Fi. (Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel/Charmed as far as the intersection of these elements.)

Background: The setting of this story takes place in a modern setting, in a downtown city-type setting with a combination of fantasy, realism, and sci-fi incorporated into the plot. The general population is largely aware of the existence of supernatural beings; however, they largely dismiss it as either theatrics and/or are largely unaffected by their presence. For most of these supernatural entities, they like to conduct themselves surreptitiously-- obfuscating their activities behind the guise of normal humans. There have been strange activities as of late, some of which has been making press but no official statements or explanations have been supplied. Tension is increasing and friction between the different contending beings is increasing.

There are organizations in place that hunt these types of entities. These organizations often employ high-tech 'solutions' to eradicate unwanted beings though it is unclear who they are and who funds them.

Here are the (current) selection of beings to choose from: (there will be more)

Normal Human No particularly special abilities, strengths, or weaknesses. Just a regular mortal.

Therianthropes (also known as Therians) Humans who have the ability to shift into beastly muscular bestial creatures of great power and ferocity. They were worshipped since ancient times by humans who mistaken their abilities as divine. The most famous of these is the lycanthrope or 'werewolf.' Thus far, the therians that are well known today are mammalians-- wolf, bear, hog, bull, bat, and leopard. There may be other non-mammalian therianthropes but so far they are either extinct or hidden. Therians are generally very tribal, territorial, and often prefer to exist in communal close to one another. Most are quite suspicious and usually have bad temperaments, particularly during the mating season and during full moons where they are known to go into a berserk state known as 'Lunacy'. Conversely, New Moons make them go into a state of suspended animation known as 'Torpor.' Rarely, some will copulate with members outside their species (such as with normal humans); however, in such cases where the individual is not a normal human or a related creature to Therian, the child will be born stillborn or not at all (such as cases between vampires and therians). Their society is often either matriarchal or patriarchal structures, depending on the species and tribe. Usually, the heads of their tribes are known as 'Alphas' while the weakest are 'Omegas.' It is thought they all abide by a single ruler known as ”Father”. Therians can smell vampires and daemons out from the crowd easily. The two are eternal rivals to one another and often kill one another ruthlessly.

Vampires A class of humans forever cursed to walk eternally in the night. Despite their popularization in folklore and pop culture as obligate hematophagists, they are a group of beings that vary in persona, disposition, and interest much like most humans-- however, they are all instinctively enchanters, seducers, but most of all, ravenous beings who thrive off of excitement and ecstasy. As such, they will seek out thrills in any way they please. Though it is not a well-known fact, many even were part of human royalty without the knowledge of those around. Generally, vampire society is highly aristocratic, age and rank are everything. As such, the whole of society operates in a feudal system with many disparate kings and queens, each with their own grouping of princes, princesses, dukes, duchesses, counts, and countesses (about 10% of overall vampires). It is thought the whole of vampire society is ruled by a single unknown entity known by only the very elite as "Mother." The remainder are commoners. For most vampires, humans are nothing more than either cattle or playthings to be toyed with; however, some do show great support, love, and empathy for their humans. They can immediately detect therians through crowds of other humans and will often pursue them to death.

Signet User Special humans imbued with latent abilities to conjure specific elements known as "Signets." They are born with a specific elemental characteristic (e.g. Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Steel, Ice, Light). The practice of this craft is known by quite a few names in different languages but the general terms known by most are Signetmancy, Heraldry, or Symbology. Each signet user is only born with one signet type. Physically, most users appear to look exactly the same as humans, although there are some who are known to exhibit strange brands on their bodies mistaken for birthmarks. or tattoos Others yet may have somewhat differently colored features (e.g. hair, skin, eye pigments) that make them distinct from most humans; however, in modern times, it's become incredibly difficult to tell them apart from one who has dyed their hair, wears contacts, or merely is from a different region. Unlike Therians and Vampires, there are no formal organizations of Signet Users; however, there are rumors of underground ‘magic schools’ for signet users-- ones that focus on specific elements and ones that provide general education. When put into highly stressful situations, threatening situations, or during times of great remorse, Signet Users sometimes enter a heightened state of being known as the ‘Quickening.’ In this state, their powers increase greatly both in capacity and destructive potential; however, they’re uncontrollable and can become extremely dangerous to those around them. Moreover, the incredible strain placed on their bodies often leaves them in a state of temporary comatose. Vampires and Therians cannot distinguish them by scent alone. Daemons can and will actively pursue them, even if they have not ‘Awakened’.

Daemons (also known as Demons) Thought to be the accursed beings who fell from grace during the Great Rebellion against the Heavenly Hosts. Their domain goes by many names but Hell is the most familiar. They are able to walk and live among humans as normal entities. Each Daemon is imbued with a special elemental craft, one which is tied to their Daemonic Crest-- often thought to be used by witches and conjurers to summon them (with the exception of Light). Unlike Signet Users, they suffer no strain from using their powers and can unleash their true form; however, they cannot maintain it for long due to the enormous amount of energy requirement. Physically, they can take on any shape though normally appear as normal humans, staying in it as long as they like. Their true forms; however, reveal a far more grotesque, nightmarish form-- corrupted by their even more macabre hearts. Each Daemon is usually dispossessed by one of the Seven Deadly Sins-- Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Envy, Wrath, and Pride. Nearly all of them have nothing but disdain for humans, including Therians and Vampires but especially so for Signet Users though their reasons are not clear. Unlike Therians and Vampires, Daemonkind is ruled in a militaristic system with the top 7 generals (e.g. Abaddon (Wrath), Amon (Greed), Ashtaroth (Sloth) , Asmodeus (Lust), Baal (Pride), Beelzebub (Gluttony), and Paimon (Envy) ) represented by each of the Seven Deadly Sins. It is unclear who these generals are. as they rarely make an appearance. When Daemons have children with humans, the child is imbued with the Signet of Darkness-- something Signet Users cannot gain through conventional means.

Original characters only, please. More details to follow. PM/DM for questions or interest.

Attachments

• NinthSeal.png
    NinthSeal.png
    313.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Yeah looks pretty good so why not.
Thank you! Give me a bit to put some things together on here.

I’ll provide a character registration template for others to use for character submissions and such.

I’m at work at the moment but shall return 2:00 CST. Glad to see the interest!

I'm putting out more content as we speak. Check the "extra pages." I'm also trying to learn the platform's quirks so bear some patience, haha.

Okay boys and gals, here are some links:

[Rules]

[Character Creation Template]

[Lore]

[Character Selection]

Please fill out the Character Template if you wish to partake after you've read the rules. Let me know if you have any questions via PM/DM.

Opp sorry. Work has been kind of kicking my ass over the last two days, But I have a character I'm working on. If I don't post it tonight, I will definitely do so on Saturday since I have nothing else going on.

Opp sorry. Work has been kind of kicking my ass over the last two days, But I have a character I'm working on. If I don't post it tonight, I will definitely do so on Saturday since I have nothing else going on.

No need to rush. Do so at your leisure.

Okay. I'm thinking of doing a regular Human, but THerinatropes look so cool.
You can create three characters in total. You just have to indicate which character is the 'main one.'

Functionally, they only vary in terms of uses, so, whichever type you'd wish to play more often, that'd be the 'main character.'

I suppose I will provide an update for the list of currently approved/accepted characters to the roster.

As of
[08-24-2019]:
1. Signet User Light (Student)
2. Daemon of Greed, Steel User (Underground Arms Dealer)
3. Normal Human (Butler to Vampires)
---
[Current Need]
We have no Therians yet. We still have openings for the other categories as well.

PM/DM me for more details if you have an interest in a role. Likewise, do the same if you have any questions; I will walk you through anything you are unsure of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back