• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ω | Mount Olympus Institute for the Chosen Hosts | Ω

Characters
Here

christy

𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙨
[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 600px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 110px; background: #D6C8BA;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #756056;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} about) (show tabsContentabout)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} lore) (show tabsContentlore)
if (eq ${currentTab} characters) (show tabsContentcharacters)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]about
[div class=tab]rules
[div class=tab]lore[/div][div class=tab]characters[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentabout"]
Welcome to Mount Olympus Institute for the Chosen Hosts
long ago, the gods of various pantheons and mythologies existed. greek gods, norse gods, egyptian, incan, irish, the entire lot of them. they thrived for a long time, till one by one, most of them grew extinct, defeated by the foes in the respective mythologies. eventually, those foes, without the balance of the gods, were forced to fade away from existence as well. the only gods that survived were the greeks and the norse, for there was balance between good and evil.

eventually, the gods figured out a way to banish the bad from the world, but in doing so, they were forced to forfeit their immortal bodies. as an alternative, the gods scoured the earth, finding suitable people to act as hosts to them. these people were trained at an academy that was built specifically for them, and upheld by other creatures of greek and norse mythology, those without godly spirits, such as chiron the centaur, and heimdall, the watchman of the norse gods.

this system continued for a long time, with human hosts having a majority of the control, while gaining powers of their hosted deity, as well as the ability to communicate with them mentally. but as time went on, the evil spirits began to rise from the depths of the world, and now they've found hosts too. it's only a matter of time before they band together to overthrow the gods once and for all.

are you prepared?
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
a set of rules to ensure that the roleplay thrives:
  • first up: please read through the lore tab, completely. i cannot, and will not, answer questions to which the answer has already been elaborated on. understanding everything is important for the roleplay to function. if you are confused about something from the lore, feel free to ask.
  • the typical: no mary su/gary stu characters. all your characters have weaknesses because they don't have the full intensity of the powers of their host god, so no overpowered characters. your host god may have multiple powers, but your character, as their host, may only have two, so pick wisely.
  • the characters: real celebrities/models as faceclaims please. nothing else shall be accepted. please also try to choose someone that looks like an eighteen-year-old since that is the age we'll be playing here. also, i would prefer if people took up two characters each, one of each gender, to keep things even. i hate having to turn people away when there's a surplus of one gender and someone else wants to make a character of that same gender. this is a compromise. you may make a maximum of four characters, only if you can handle them and uneven genders is only acceptable if someone makes three characters.
  • the writing: i want people with proper writing skills and a good grasp over the english language. people who know their grammar and punctuation and the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their'. please do not feel offended if i ask for a writing sample (no guarantee that i will ask, just putting it out there).
  • the length: a minimum of two - three paragraphs per character for this roleplay. quality over quantity, by all means, but we need something to respond to as well.
  • the activity: i understand that people have lives, so the minimum post frequency required is one post a week. by all means, post more, but if things get out of hand and the story progresses without anyone else getting to take part, then there will be a posting order.
  • the spots: there is nothing premade. if you have a god in mind, go ahead and claim using the form given in the 'spots' tab. first come first serve, but if you don't post a character sheet within a week of claiming a character, your spot will be given away, unless you can inform me whether you'll be late in submitting.
  • the drama: by all means, stir up as much drama as you want in the roleplay, but i don't want to see any kind of it among the roleplayers in ooc. no bashing, discrimination, or anything of the sort please.
  • last up: please, please, please, for odin's sake, only join if you have the intention of roleplaying or if you know you can commit to a post a week. do not make your claims and then disappear. or, even worse, don't make your characters and then disappear.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlore" style="display: none;"]
about hosting
people are chosen by the gods every fifty years, either because the gods deem you worthy, or because they find that your values or opinions align with them. there could be a number of reasons. all hosts are selected at the age of eighteen. for some, it is a privilege, if their families have been hosts to big gods for generations. for others, it comes as a total surprise because they never would have known what being a host entailed, or that the gods even existed, because the academy is only accessible by the chosen hosts. you attend the school for three years, till you turn twenty-one, by which your training is complete. after that, you must act as host till the next fifty year mark nears, at which point you will retain your human capabilities, but the god you host will chose another body. also please note that just because a god is a particular gender, doesn't mean that they will choose the same gender for their host. a god can choose a female host, and a goddess can choose a male host.

the academy
the academy is a large estate, and more grand than anything most people would have seen, with a blend of greek and indian architecture. classes take place indoors and outdoors, and though it is outlawed, there exists a kind of heirarchy within the walls of the academy. those that play hosts to the greater gods, like zeus, thor, poseidon, these hosts tend to remain among the 'popular' crowd, while there also exists and 'in between', as well as the 'outcasts'. the academy can only be reached through ship, and a specific ship, known as the argo. replicas of the argo are docked all around the world, in different countries for different hosts, and departs on time, which means you have to get on board or you don't get to the academy. the same ships take you back to your home country once the academic year is over.

the houses
I2vRTDn.jpg

house agonia

0iXLbVq.jpg

house physia

r5lclCR.jpg

house diakonia

ZSVRpMh.jpg

house hedonia
the four houses of the academy are each different much like their students. there is a criteria to be sorted into these houses, which is mainly based on the host god. the houses each have a building for them, which acts as the dormitories. a common room/game room is at the bottom floor of each building, before it branches off into two towers -- one for boys and one for girls. rooms are double sharing. at the start of this roleplay, your characters will not have their houses because that is dependent on the host god. these will be decided only once the roleplay begins.

familiars
though it is not a requirement, some students may bring along a familiar. this can be an animal that was once sacred to their host god, or another animal. just don't be ridiculous in your selection. you can't bring mountain lions and elephants into the academy. think outside the box (real animals only) and if something is wrong, i will let you know!
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentcharacters" style="display: none;"]
the current roster of characters based on the houses they are sorted into:

HOUSE AGONIA | "War and Sacrifice."
I2vRTDn.jpg
River Valkyn [F] | Host of Tyr | played by @polkadot
Annie Fitzgerald [F] | Host of Nyx | played by erised erised
Andrés Barbosa [M] | Host of Erebus | played by iShyShy iShyShy

HOUSE PHYSIA | "One with Nature."
0iXLbVq.jpg
Puck Wright [M] | Host of Poseidon | played by nymphadora. nymphadora.
Eli Ivanova [F] | Host of Loki | played by @dogsbeforedudes
Liam Thomas [M] | Host of Boreas | played by izayoiix izayoiix
Spencer Koval [M] | Host of Zeus | played by ShadyAce ShadyAce

HOUSE DIAKONIA | "Excellence and Service."
r5lclCR.jpg
Theta Jones [F] | Host of Hecate | played by izayoiix izayoiix
Cleo Gutiérrez [F] | Host of Circe | played by nymphadora. nymphadora.
Cordelia Langford [F] | Host of Athena | played by ShadyAce ShadyAce
Sunmi Kye [M] | Host of Apate | played by @polkadot
Victoria Hadley [F] | Host of Nike | played by @Komasan

HOUSE HEDONIA | "Live to Please."
ZSVRpMh.jpg
Gus Jordan [M] | Host of Apollo | played by @dogsbeforedudes
Jaechan Choi [M] | Host of Hod | played by @polkadot
Mack Hartley [M] | Host of Helios | played by erised erised
Ashlynn Bakker [F] | Host of Morpheus | played by iShyShy iShyShy
[/div][/div][/div]

THE SCENE HAS BEEN SET
It's your first day at the academy. you arrived the previous night, by ship. some of you may have gotten acquainted already. some might not have. all of that will change in a few moments, however, because the first item on the agenda today is an ice breaking session, shortly after the welcome greeting by headmaster chiron.

for now, all of you must assemble in the grand hall. just for the time being, you must sit with your houses. mingle a little -- or don't if you prefer -- till the headmaster makes his appearance.

welcome to the academy.

elijahivanova
host of loki
mood
curious

mentions
n/a

interactions
n/a

outfit
click

"you've got to be truly desperate to come to me for help."
It hadn't taken very long for Eli to unpack her things since she didn't have much to begin with. Just a few clothes, her art supplies, and the food for her snake, Argus. It was better, really, because when she arrived last night and stuffed whatever she had into the closet in her room, she had more time on her hands to explore the school grounds a bit. It was a beautiful place. Definitely bigger than any place she had ever stayed at -- not counting her mother's house.

Since being adopted into the family -- the family she should have been born into instead of being forced to track them down years later -- Eli had experienced a life other than homeless shelters and soup kitchens. It was a big change, and she had yet to decide if it was more good than bad. At least she didn't feel alone, or she would have left long ago. No, even if she had the acceptance of her step father and half brother, Eli would never stop feeling out of place as long as her mother was around.

But she was away from there now and this place was a good way to get a fresh start, so to speak. Eli had never been the best at making friends, though it wasn't for lack of trying. In fact, she was perhaps a bit too overbearing for most people's tastes. That, and the fact that trouble seemed to find her wherever she went, were probably large contributing factors. She never let it get to her though. And if she did, she was excellent at hiding it. Besides, ever since becoming a host to the trickster God, Eli didn't really feel that alone anymore.

Of course, Loki's voice in her head could sometimes be annoying as hell, but--

'Annoying as hell? We share the same thoughts, you know.'

Eli suppressed a groan as she walked down the hallway, hands shoved into the pockets of her jean shorts. "No," she corrected the voice in her head, speaking loud enough for people to think she was crazy for talking to herself. But this was a school full of hosts. Eli was confident she wasn't the only one who spoke out loud to her host God every once in a while. "You can read my thoughts, but I can't read yours, which I think is a little unfair."

Yes, while it was nice to have someone to talk to that wouldn't judge her, Eli also got a taste of her own medicine. She and Loki were very alike. That was, after all, why he chose her.

'As much as I enjoy scheming with you, you do need to speak to people your own age. At least here there might be a few like minded people. Just, for Odin's sake, don't go anywhere near the host of Thor.'

Eli grinned to herself as she entered the Grand Hall. The place was huge, and the architecture was beautiful, but Eli's distracted mind took all but five seconds to look at it before she was focused on other things. Like, for example, finding her row.

The hall had been divided into four parts, and chairs lined each section. They were all made of a dark wood, but the cushions were different in each section. It was based on houses. Eli recognised the Physia green in the second section so she made her way there but hung back. Close to the front, a few girls were in conversation. Eli had no idea what they were discussing, but one look at their wild hand movements and the fact that they were practically jumping up and down in excitement told Eli that she had no interest in going and joining them. She had never really been to high school but she'd seen her fair share of preppy girls and... well, Eli didn't want to end up punching someone on her first day.

So instead, she hung back, close to the last few rows which were slightly more empty. Argus, her green snake, was coiled around her arm and likely asleep. He only perked up to hide in her hair and spy when she was in conversation with people. For the time being, she took a seat, figuring she might come across someone interesting eventually. People were still only arriving, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
angusjordan
host of apollo
mood
excited

mentions
n/a

interactions
n/a

outfit
click

"i'm not lucky because i'm irish. i'm lucky because i'm me."
Gus could recall his mother's words as he boarded the ship to leave for a new term at a new school. Just be yourself. That would be easy to do, of course, but that was not his fear. His fear was being recognised and only befriended because of his image. That had happened to him enough times in the past which was what had turned him off to the whole concept of high school in the first place so maybe this would be different since this was no ordinary high school. Heck, there might be even more well known people than him. Some president's daughter, or maybe the son of a huge business tycoon. Gus had stepped onto the school ground with his eyes and mind open and he was honestly excited because this was a huge change from his every day life.

Of course, he knew he was also going to miss being on tour and making music, but the music went wherever he did. He just wouldn't be sharing it with the world till he went home for the holidays. Whenever that was. He still didn't know the whole school schedule and whether it was the same as normal schools. But that wasn't a worry at the moment because he was currently busy enjoying himself.

He'd been sorted the previous night, into house Hedonia, and after that, he'd been led to his dorm, which was decorated in the house colours -- and coincidentally, his favourite colour: blue. He'd met a few students from his house that seemed to recognise him, which was nice, but they weren't people he actually knew -- just people that had seen him in concert or on TV. Nevertheless, Gus at least knew he'd never experience loneliness so that was something.

He was definitely very excited for the icebreaking session, so needless to say, he was one of the first ones in the grand hall. He'd left his familiar, his little hummingbird Chord, back in his room since she was small and the last thing he wanted was for something to happen to her, even if she had already proved to be a very resilient, strong bird, multiple times since he had gotten her. But Gus also wasn't sure if they were allowed to take their familiars everywhere, so he didn't want to risk it.

Instead, he had taken his drum sticks, because he always felt better with them on hand. He wasn't going to bust out a set of drums and start a drum solo, but when he was nervous or restless, he tended to just tap them against his thigh, to bide time and keep himself occupied. So, with those sticking out of his back pocket, he was aimlessly roaming the grand hall, mainly trying to see if he could recognise anyone. Part of him looked to see if anyone was sitting alone so he could approach them because he liked to talk to people who seemed shy, to help get them out of their shells a little.

'You should totally break out in song.'

Ah. Gus was wondering when Apollo would make his entrance. The God talked nonstop the night before, talking about how beautiful the school was and how he hated it because they hadn't made a statue for him.

"I'm not going to break out in song. Some people already recognise me. I'm trying not to make it obvious." Gus wanted to make some genuine friends. Not fans.

'But if they recognise you, they'll all love you. You'll be popular. What could be better than that?'

As much as Gus enjoyed this new experience, sometimes his views did not align with his host God.

'Well at least serenade someone with a haiku or something.'

Gus wasn't going to do that either, but for the sake of his sanity, he merely nodded, whilst continuing to walk around. This was going to be a fun year.

Liam Thomas
| Location: the grand hall |
| With: eli |
| Mentions: @dogsbeforedudes |
"Bye LeeLee!" "Have fun Jakey!" "Promise you'll miss us lots?" "Stay safe Liam, try not to worry about us too much, alright?"

As he finished unpacking, four voices continued to ring through his mind, causing him to sigh. Liam was excited, he really was, this opportunity was a once in a lifetime type of thing and he was grateful he got to experience it....however. He hated the thought of leaving his sisters and mother all alone. His mother was a strong woman and would be able to take care of everything, he knew that, but he couldn't help but worry, despite what she told his before he boarded the ship.

At the nudge against his leg, he smiled softly, glancing down to see Nala peering up at him with her big eyes that always made him feel better. He shoved his bag back slightly so he had enough room to sit on the edge of his bed, Nala laying her head on his leg as he scratched behind her ears. "Thanks girl." he hummed.

Liam sighed once more before giving the large dog a final pat on her head and stood up. He had finished unpacking and there was some big ice breaker event going on in the Grand Hall. That ought to take his mind off things for a while, allow him to make some new friends. The thought made him smile, feeling a sense of optimism return to him. This was the kind of stuff he loved to do, meet new people and experience new things. He just needed to keep reminding himself that everything would be fine at home and enjoy himself while he was here.

'It's not like you won't see them for three years. You can still go home on holidays.' Boreas reminded him.

The god's voice reassured him somewhat, even if at times the input could be annoying. He tried not to think about it too much, at least he didn't have to listen in on the god's thoughts as well as deal with his own. Liam wasn't sure he'd be able handle having two lines of thought in his head. "Thanks, I needed that." he told him, leaving his room and heading towards the hall, Nala trotting beside him.

'Of course...LeeLee.'

Liam winced, immediately shaking his head as if the god was in front of him. "No...no just....don't. Only the triplet's call me that." he groaned, rolling his eyes as the god laughed at him. He huffed in response.

As he entered the Grand Hall, all he could do was look around in awe. He was so used to his simple home and simple town that the architecture and pure grandness of the room, hell, the entire area, was amazing to him. Catching sight of other teens sitting around in different groups, he spared them all a glance, stopping once he recognized the Physia green. Figuring he may as well try to meet someone in his own House, he started forward, offering any who looked over at him with a smile or a wave.

Stopping in front of his section, he looked at the few people already there, seeing them already in their own groups in the middle of conversations. Not wanting to interrupt, he kept looking up until he spotted a girl towards the back where there were more empty seats. He didn't like the idea of leaving anyone to sit alone without someone to talk to if they wished, he gave Nala a quick pat to bring her attention back to him and started up the stairs towards the lone girl.

"Hi, is this seat taken?" he asked, not wanting to assume she wanted company. "I'm Liam and this is Nala, by the way." he added, introducing both himself and the large doberman beside him.
code by RI.a

Althaia Jones
| Location: the grand hall |
| With: open |
| Mentions: n/a |
As she shut the last drawer of her dresser, Theta smiled to herself. This was it. She was finally here and she could finally be free from her family's madness. Once she'd been claimed by Hecate, things had only started to go right in Theta's life and she couldn't be more grateful to the goddess. She was so used to being talked down to and ordered around, just the thought of being able to explore life on her own with no one dictating her every action was a euphoric one. As a giggle escaped her lips, she turned so her back was facing her bed and let herself fall, landing on the mattress with an oomph!, her hair flying around her head.

At her actions, a small tongue flicked against her neck and she laughed again, finally able to allow herself to enjoy where she was at in life. "Thank you Hecate..." she whispered, staring up at her ceiling, imaging that she could almost see the goddess above her.

'You're welcome child.' she returned, causing the young girl to giggle again, still trying to get used to the fact that she'd been claimed by a goddess, and one of magic at that! 'It was your curiosity with my craft that drove me to you, you know. The more I saw of you, the more I knew my choice was correct.'

"That...that means a lot, Hecate, thank you...thank you so much." she whispered, her voice cracking at the end.

Feeling the smooth skin of Epsilon drag across her neck as the python searched for a new spot to hide on her body, Theta knew it was time to get up. While she was happy to just spend the day taking in her new room, there was a big greeting ceremony thing in the Great Hall that everyone had to attend. Normally she wouldn't mind, but the thought of meeting so many people at once was somewhat nerve-wracking. She'd been homeschooled when with her parents and wasn't used to meeting new people or even just starting a conversation with someone she didn't know.

She sighed and pushed herself up to a sitting position where she quickly finger combed her hair so it wasn't such a wild mess. Epsilon, who'd started making her way down her shirt, seeking the warmth of her body, switched directions and slid back up so she was looped gently around Theta's neck, acting as a type of choker, her head resting against the hollow of her throat.

"Alright Epsilon....let's do this." she spoke, trying to give herself confidence. She wasn't alone this time. She had Epsilon and now she had Hecate. She would never be alone again and that would give her strength. She nodded and with before that boost of confidence could fade, she made her way out of her room and started for the Great Hall.

Once inside, she recognized how each House was broken into four sections and she hummed at the sight of the organization. She spotted the Diakonia yellow in the third section and immediately made her way there, offering anyone who looked over at her a shy smile, not wanting to come off as unsocial. This was a new chance after all. She wanted friends and despite the fact that it terrified her, she knew she had to at least try and put herself out there.

She swallowed nervously as she climbed up the stairs of her section, choosing a seat towards the middle of the area. Seeing as there weren't too many of her House here yet, she hoped that as more people arrived there would be more of a chance for her to interact.
code by RI.a

[class=writing] font-size: 17px; color: white; margin-align: auto; left: 50px; width: 310px; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; transition: 1.0s [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class]
puck wright.
[div class=text][div class=writing]
when life gives you lemons,
at least they gave you something.
[/div]
Puck could tell in her abuela's tired, dark eyes that she was going to miss him.

His abeula Rosa was a woman of many things; emotional wasn't one of them. It became harder for the two of them to show any emotion, both were trying to stay strong in front of each other, keep a confidence facade, but both knew -- or at least aware -- they were lying. Puck stood in front of his new home, one duffel bag slung over his shoulder and another sitting at his feet. A bittersweet smile tugged at the corners of his lips, an outline of his dimples were showing just a little. It all felt rushed; one moment, he was working on his grandfather's car and now, he had the voice of Poseidon in his head and was attending university. Puck wasn't thrilled about leaving, especially for long periods. Call him ungrateful, selfish even, but he didn't feel ready.

"Now, have you got everything ready?" His abuela spoke in their mother tongue, studying her grandson once more with an uneasy nod. Her frail fingers tugged at the hem of his jacket, pulling it in different directions until it looked just right. Puck watched his abuela fiddled with his jacket, saying nothing until she released a long sigh and took a step back.

"I'll be fine, I promise," Puck reassured, slowly picking up his other bag with a tight grip. He didn't want to leave, Puck didn't want any association with the Gods or attend some pretentious university; he was perfectly fine. The male rose an eyebrow, "will you be okay?"

Puck already knew the answer, but he still chuckled at his abuela scoffing at his question. "I've been through wars and lived, I'll be fine, Puck." Her voice was husky and smooth, like tired velvet, yet her voice wavered as a tiny ripple would in water; it was almost unnoticeable. Puck nodded and gave his abuela a final hug goodbye, wrapping his giant arms around the tiny woman who raised him.

"Don't get into any trouble, please."

The school was grander than what Puck had expected. To be truthful, he wasn't sure what he was expecting once he arrived. The male had stayed quiet the entire time, which was perfectly fine, Poseidon was happy to do most of the talking for the both of them. Once his bags were strewn across his new room, Puck shoved his hands into his pockets and followed a small group of students who had a better clue of what was going on. He stuck out like a sore thumb, between the bright smiles and nervous giggles, Puck could only muster a thin line and a tired sigh.

"Could you try to lighten up a bit? You aren't walking to your death."

Poseidon's deep voice rang through Puck's mind, startling him a little as he headed towards the grand hall. His lips pursed as the host mused with a nod, pursing his lips as he bit back another sigh. "Right, while I'm at it, might as well get up on stage and tell everyone how grateful I am as well." Puck hummed, finding himself a nice seat far enough from any possible crowd. He only wanted to get through the day, not make any friends.

"Why not? It'll be nice to see you smile."

Puck rolled his eye and slumped in his chair, stretching his long legs underneath the chair in front of him and sighing, "Never gonna happen."
location the grand hall • with info • tags info • outfit here.
[/div]

Andrés Barbosa & Erebus
Outfit: Here | Location: Ship → Dorm → Grand Hall| Interactions: Open | Mentions: N/A

Just before getting on the VIP ship André said his farewells to his parents. With his backpack on and one suitcase in hand he did he best to console his mother and bring comfort to his father as he kissed each of them on the cheek. “Everything will be fine. I'll do my best and come back home stronger. Count on it.” He flashed his biggest confident smile at his parents as they held each other. “Vos amo.” Wait, child. You still haven't expressed my gratitude for raising a great host. I've asked for a few days! I'm not saying it! Stubborn... I told you that you are best suited for this and I guarantee you will enjoy what you shall go through. It's always a gr- André shook his head, turned around, and boarded the ship while trying his best to ignore the voice of Erebus.

Arriving at the school left a great impression on André. The sight was truly astounding and he was finally able to admit to himself, and Erebus, that he was excited to experience this rare opportunity. You're welcome. Yeah, thank you. The time on the ship was was spent bonding and it actually worked out better than expected. Everything was lavish at this academy and it was like nothing he had seen before. He made his way to his dorm so he could drop his belongings off. Strolling past the buildings and taking in the landscape, André couldn't wait to get started and see campus at night.

Relax. One thing at a time. Dorm then the grand hall for that boring speech...again. Apparently he had to make it to some ice breaker event later so he did not have too much time. “How boring? Can't we just skip it if you know it already?” No. This is for you and the other hosts. Seeing how the other hosts on the ship also spoke to their gods, André didn't mind seemingly talking to himself. Whoever was around would know what he's doing. Plus, he feels much more connected with Erebus now so these conversations felt great.

He arrived at his room and tossed his backpack on the bed farther from the window to claim it and emptied his suitcase onto it for good measure. He checked the time quickly and sighed. “So how fake is this event going to be?” It is not fake. You'll have to feel out the other hosts like any other human and the academy just tries to help make it easier on you all. André pulled open the drawers of the dresser on his side and filled them with his clothes while poking back at Erebus. “There is no way you guys don't have friendships or alliances that last for eternity.” That does not mean our hosts always get along...at first. “So give me the advantage! I don't know who I can trust or who is out to get me.” It wont work out how you think. “Fine.” He snapped back. “I don't trust anyone until they deserve it anyway.” Once he finished unpacking he checked the map and made his way toward the grand hall.

Once André arrived at the large doorway he froze for a moment. Why did you stop? What's wrong? “Are you sure I can do this?” I would not have chosen you otherwise. Stop with this absurd weakness of yours. You're better than it. “I can't he-” GO! With a start André threw the doors open to see a busy scene before him. There were four clearly decorated tables for each house. Evidently the table decorated in red is for the strong willed Agonia house. Now show your pride! A small breath escaped his lips and he assumed his usual confident posture and walked over to the table.

There weren't too many people here yet, just a couple groups talking about their excitement of being here or gossiping about whose host they were. André showed everyone who looked at him a smile and a quick head nod as he walked toward the center of the table. There were plenty of free spots between the groups and this seemed like a good place to keep an eye on everyone. There were a few shy people, a few really social people, and a few people who seemed like this was just another day at school. André took his seat, turned toward one group who was asking him where he was from, and laid his arm on the back of the chair as he made idle conversation while waiting for more people to flood into the hall.

Ashlynn Bakker & Morpheus
Outfit: Here | Location: Ship → Dorm → Commons → Grand Hall | Interactions: @dogsbeforedudes | Mentions:N/A

“See you guys during the holidays!” Ash hugged each member of her family as she ran out the car door. She was cutting it close to missing her ship but she couldn't decide what she wanted to bring. She had no idea what she would be able to do at the academy and wanted to be prepared for anything. Thankfully she ran on board the ship with her bags in hand with a full minute to spare. Panting, she stood on the deck hunched over to catch her breath. “Phew!” Her heart was racing from not only the rush but the excitement of being a host to such a wonderful god.

If you can manage to calm down enough to sleep on this ship I can show you a bit of the academy. “Don't you to spoil the surprise, mister!” Ever since Morpheus came to Ash to let her know of her host status, he has been feeding into her thrill seeking nature by giving her dreams with glimpses of some fun she will have. He explained to her that through the years he has become fond of living vicariously through his hosts. His responsibilities used to keep him very busy and with the advancing world he can ensure his duties are fulfilled while having time to do other things. Ash has expressed how grateful she is and promises to keep being her so he can see what else the world has to offer.

Ash's ship arrived a day prior to the ice breaker event. When she first laid eyes on the dock she could barely wait to explore campus. Is it better than your wildest dreams? She giggled. “Really? That's the best you can come up with?” Hey I just want credit when it's due. My dreams do this place justice!

Ash made her way to the dorms first. Hopefully she could meet her roommate and get situated. Maybe they could explore together and become great friends. You need to let that energy out. “I know. I'll never rest again if I stay like this.” Even more of a reason! She laughed lightly at their playfulness.

When she arrived at her room she emptied her bags and sorted them into the closet and dresser neatly. It seemed like her roommate wasn't there yet so Ash spent the night in the common room, introducing herself to her fellow house mates and playing games before being exhausted and going to bed.

It was the next day and Ash thought the ice breaker would be a fun way to get to know more of her fellow hosts. She had gotten to the table for Hedonia house earlier than expected since she thought she would see more of the campus beforehand. Instead, she walked the path directly to the grand hall and thought she would try to make a good first impression. It seemed other people had a similar idea. While taking in the sight, seeing how much care was taken in decorating the hall and how extravagant the furniture was when Morpheus cut in. I'm glad you find joy in this but I think we could both benefit from a little daydreaming during the headmaster's speech. “Appealing but I'll pass this time. I want to hear the speech.”

After a few more minutes Ash started getting restless. The majority of people in her house probably planned to come in a group since there were many empty seats. She started twirling her hair in one hand mindlessly when she heard footsteps approaching. She quickly stopped and turned to see a boy walking alongside the chairs of the Hedonia table. He's cute. Don't start. It's only the first day and you don't know who they are. Ignoring the voice she smiled and waved at the boy, not completely remembering if she met him the night prior in the common room but trying to be engaging. “Hey! You're early too! Isn't this place insane?”

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; [/class] [class=left] background-color: white; height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; color: #232323; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; background-color: white; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; color: #232323; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/e9091855654b087fbd71451efd42d5e0/tumblr_inline_p2nvv5YUPv1rbm3wd_500.gif')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/8a4cb62f9175e9d26014d9ac0a56913d/tumblr_inline_p2nvwc7n2H1rbm3wd_500.gif')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]CORDELIA L.[/div] [div class=tag]location[/div] the grand hall.
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] althaia.
[div class=tag]tags[/div] izayoiix izayoiix
[div class=tag]outfit[/div] here. [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Cordelia's farewells had been a scrawled note on a dirty kitchen bench. She'd told her mother, but with her drunken haze the brunette was sure the older woman would forget. The scent of cigarettes lay thick in the air of their apartment, embedded deep in the peeling wallpaper. The stench was mostly repulsing, but in a twisted way it was welcoming whenever she felt it. Maybe Cordelia may miss the little things. Maybe. But the hopefulness for the future that was embedded deep within her overshadowed any sense of nostalgia.

Her eyes lingered on her mother sprawled on the couch, her deep and raspy breaths causing the springs to eerily rattle with each rise of her chest. A slight and rare smile graced the female's lips, as she clutched her limited belongings and stepped out of that apartment for what she prayed would be the last time. She'd always intended to walk out that door one day, without glancing back, but Cordelia was forever grateful that she had a pathway provided to her and a purpose ahead - she was so frightened of being aimless. "I didn't choose you out of pity." came the voice she'd come to know well, Athena. Every word was perfectly articulated, and they always oozed the wisdom the goddess had become known for.

"Trust me, you have better places ahead of you."

Athena's simultaneously calm yet warm voice was the first time Cordelia had experienced support like this, and more importantly, the sense of being wanted. "Thank you." the girl muttered. There was also her father... but Cordelia shortly shook away the thought. He had a family, children. She wasn't going to ruin what they had simply because she never did. It was best to not let him know. Athena didn't comment. That irritated Cordelia, for when she felt in the most desperate need of the goddess' words, they never seemed to be there. No - Cordelia had made it this far, she could always survive on her own. She would not come to rely on Athena. Never. The remainder of the trip to Mount Olympus Institute was filled with comforting silence.

Cordelia had heard things about the university, but the seamless integration of both Greek and Indian architecture made for a grander appearance than she'd expected. Truthfully, it was gorgeous and her wide eyes couldn't seem to absorb every detail. She'd definitely be exploring later, which Athena encouraged. Once Cordelia arrived at her new room, her mouth was agape. The floor seemed to spread for miles and the air was light and silky to breathe.

After sorting her things away neatly, Cordelia attempted to sleep. But even though the bed was more comfortable than anything she'd slept on, it didn't feel like hers. The white sheets a little too perfect. Most of the night was restless.

The next morning held what Cordelia would call the worst, and Athena would call essential. An ice-breaking event and an introduction of sorts. "Let's go Houdini." Cordelia unlatched the lock allowing the owl to soar out. She would never understand her familiar's patterns - weren't owls supposed to be nocturnal? The female had her hands shoved in her pockets as she ambled down the echoing hallways towards the grand hall. Houdini, her owl, followed by gliding through the air. Upon entry, Cordelia let out an instinctive low whistle. Her dark brown eyes landed on the yellow of Diakonia, and her feet immediately began moving as she weaved towards the sparsely filled section and slowly moving up the stairs with wandering eyes. Most people already seated seemed to be already involved in vivacious conversations.

She sat near to a girl of warm brown tones, with a python curled around her throat. Houdini came landing on the back of the chair she was on. Cordelia bit her tongue apprehensively for a moment, before shuffling slightly closer. "Hey. I'm Cordelia. And you?" [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

Last edited:

• 3UmLiuA.jpg
    mack hartley
    with: xx
    mentions: n/a
    tags: n/a
    host of: helios
    where: the grand hall
    house: hedonia
    outfit: here

Mack couldn't have boarded that ship faster. While he was sad to leave behind his family and friends, he was ready to get away, ready to start the next big adventure. He knew Helios was ready to, the God rambling on and on non stop how this was the best thing ever and that he'd finally get to be with "his people". Mack had told him to shut up, more than once actually. The ship ride was kind of a blur to him. he didn't get a chance to socialize really. Not because he didn't want to, but because he well... fell asleep. When he arrived at the school, he was sorted into Hedonia and walked up with the rest of his house, collapsing in bed and falling asleep the second his head hit the pillow. He was awoken the next day by helios. Of course

"Wake up, idiot, or you're gonna be late," said the God.

"Good morning to you too," Mack grumbled, rolling over. It wasn't that he didn't want to meet his fellow classmates, it was just that he was really tired. But after Helios constant nagging, he got up and went through the motions of brushing his teeth, getting dressed, and then headed downstairs. "There. Happy?" Mack asked as he walked into the grand hall, seeing most students already there. Apparently he was later than he thought, but oh well.

"Very," Helios replied. "Now why don't you zip across the hall," He was referring to their super speed ability, "and back. That'll get their attention."

That was the dumbest thing Mack had heard in a while. "Do you ever shut up?" he snapped, causing Helios to, for once, shut up. Satisfied, Mack walked over to where the rest of the Hedonia's were sitting and sat down. They all seemed to be engaged in conversation and not wanting to interrupt, he began to trace the wood grains on the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back