• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Ω | Mount Olympus Institute for the Chosen Hosts | Ω | not accepting

christy

𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙨
[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 550px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 70px; background: #D6C8BA;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #756056;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} about) (show tabsContentabout)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} lore) (show tabsContentlore)
if (eq ${currentTab} spots) (show tabsContentspots)
if (eq ${currentTab} links) (show tabsContentlinks)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]about
[div class=tab]rules
[div class=tab]lore[/div][div class=tab]spots[/div][div class=tab]links[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentabout"]
Welcome to Mount Olympus Institute for the Chosen Hosts
long ago, the gods of various pantheons and mythologies existed. greek gods, norse gods, egyptian, incan, irish, the entire lot of them. they thrived for a long time, till one by one, most of them grew extinct, defeated by the foes in the respective mythologies. eventually, those foes, without the balance of the gods, were forced to fade away from existence as well. the only gods that survived were the greeks and the norse, for there was balance between good and evil.

eventually, the gods figured out a way to banish the bad from the world, but in doing so, they were forced to forfeit their immortal bodies. as an alternative, the gods scoured the earth, finding suitable people to act as hosts to them. these people were trained at an academy that was built specifically for them, and upheld by other creatures of greek and norse mythology, those without godly spirits, such as chiron the centaur, and heimdall, the watchman of the norse gods.

this system continued for a long time, with human hosts having a majority of the control, while gaining powers of their hosted deity, as well as the ability to communicate with them mentally. but as time went on, the evil spirits began to rise from the depths of the world, and now they've found hosts too. it's only a matter of time before they band together to overthrow the gods once and for all.

are you prepared?
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
a set of rules to ensure that the roleplay thrives:
  • first up: please read through the lore tab, completely. i cannot, and will not, answer questions to which the answer has already been elaborated on. understanding everything is important for the roleplay to function. if you are confused about something from the lore, feel free to ask.
  • the typical: no mary su/gary stu characters. all your characters have weaknesses because they don't have the full intensity of the powers of their host god, so no overpowered characters. your host god may have multiple powers, but your character, as their host, may only have two, so pick wisely.
  • the characters: real celebrities/models as faceclaims please. nothing else shall be accepted. please also try to choose someone that looks like an eighteen-year-old since that is the age we'll be playing here. also, i would prefer if people took up two characters each, one of each gender, to keep things even. i hate having to turn people away when there's a surplus of one gender and someone else wants to make a character of that same gender. this is a compromise. you may make a maximum of four characters, only if you can handle them and uneven genders is only acceptable if someone makes three characters.
  • the writing: i want people with proper writing skills and a good grasp over the english language. people who know their grammar and punctuation and the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their'. please do not feel offended if i ask for a writing sample (no guarantee that i will ask, just putting it out there).
  • the length: a minimum of two - three paragraphs per character for this roleplay. quality over quantity, by all means, but we need something to respond to as well.
  • the activity: i understand that people have lives, so the minimum post frequency required is one post a week. by all means, post more, but if things get out of hand and the story progresses without anyone else getting to take part, then there will be a posting order.
  • the spots: there is nothing premade. if you have a god in mind, go ahead and claim using the form given in the 'spots' tab. first come first serve, but if you don't post a character sheet within a four days of claiming a character, your spot will be given away, unless you can inform me whether you'll be late in submitting.
  • the drama: by all means, stir up as much drama as you want in the roleplay, but i don't want to see any kind of it among the roleplayers in ooc. no bashing, discrimination, or anything of the sort please.
  • last up: please, please, please, for odin's sake, only join if you have the intention of roleplaying or if you know you can commit to a post a week. do not make your claims and then disappear. or, even worse, don't make your characters and then disappear.
  • additionally: please use the words 'i am a host' when you claim your characters, so i know you've read through all of this.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlore" style="display: none;"]
about hosting
people are chosen by the gods every fifty years, either because the gods deem you worthy, or because they find that your values or opinions align with them. there could be a number of reasons. all hosts are selected at the age of eighteen. for some, it is a privilege, if their families have been hosts to big gods for generations. for others, it comes as a total surprise because they never would have known what being a host entailed, or that the gods even existed, because the academy is only accessible by the chosen hosts. you attend the school for three years, till you turn twenty-one, by which your training is complete. after that, you must act as host till the next fifty year mark nears, at which point you will retain your human capabilities, but the god you host will chose another body. also please note that just because a god is a particular gender, doesn't mean that they will choose the same gender for their host. a god can choose a female host, and a goddess can choose a male host.

the academy
the academy is a large estate, and more grand than anything most people would have seen, with a blend of greek and indian architecture. classes take place indoors and outdoors, and though it is outlawed, there exists a kind of heirarchy within the walls of the academy. those that play hosts to the greater gods, like zeus, thor, poseidon, these hosts tend to remain among the 'popular' crowd, while there also exists and 'in between', as well as the 'outcasts'. the academy can only be reached through ship, and a specific ship, known as the argo. replicas of the argo are docked all around the world, in different countries for different hosts, and departs on time, which means you have to get on board or you don't get to the academy. the same ships take you back to your home country once the academic year is over.

the houses
I2vRTDn.jpg

house agonia

0iXLbVq.jpg

house physia

r5lclCR.jpg

house diakonia

ZSVRpMh.jpg

house hedonia
the four houses of the academy are each different much like their students. there is a criteria to be sorted into these houses, which is mainly based on the host god. the houses each have a building for them, which acts as the dormitories. a common room/game room is at the bottom floor of each building, before it branches off into two towers -- one for boys and one for girls. rooms are double sharing. at the start of this roleplay, your characters will not have their houses because that is dependent on the host god. these will be decided only once the roleplay begins.

familiars
though it is not a requirement, some students may bring along a familiar. this can be an animal that was once sacred to their host god, or another animal. just don't be ridiculous in your selection. you can't bring mountain lions and elephants into the academy. think outside the box (real animals only) and if something is wrong, i will let you know!
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentspots" style="display: none;"]
current claimed characters and status of sheets. for claiming a character, please comment below with your preferred host god/goddess from norse or greek mythology, and the faceclaim for your character.

males
host of Apollo | Shawn Mendes | played by @dogsbeforedudes | sheet completed
host of Dionysus | Ivan Vuckovick | played by tortellini tortellini | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Thor | James Kakonge | played by erzulie erzulie | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Hypnos | Nadar Kubem | played by slim slim | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Apate | Kim Han Bin | played by polkadot polkadot | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Hades | Matthew Daddario | played by xserendipitously xserendipitously | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Vídarr | Darin Wilkens | played by deianeira deianeira | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Hod | Lee Jong Suk | played by Komasan Komasan | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Poseidon | Diego Barrueco | played by nymphadora. nymphadora. | sheet completed
Host of Boreas | Brenton Thwaites | played by izayoiix izayoiix | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Zeus | Gregg Sulkin | played by ShadyAce ShadyAce | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Helios | Joshua Bering | played by erised erised | sheet in progress (3 days)
Host of Erebus | Cody Christian | played by iShyShy iShyShy | sheet in progress (3 days)

females
host of Loki | Liana Liberato | played by @dogsbeforedudes | sheet completed
host of Hermes | Alexis Mackenzie | played by tortellini tortellini | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Enyo | Akira Reid | played by erzulie erzulie | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Ares | Kia Aduni | played by slim slim | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Tyr | Chloe Arden | played by polkadot polkadot | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Artemis | Katherine Mcnamara | played by xserendipitously xserendipitously | sheet completed
Host of Freyja | Julia Adamenko | played by deianeira deianeira | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Nike | Billie Eilish | played by Komasan Komasan | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Circe | Naressa Valdez | played by nymphadora. nymphadora. | sheet completed
Host of Hecate | Courtney Eaton | played by izayoiix izayoiix | sheet completed
Host of Athena | Diana Silvers | played by ShadyAce ShadyAce | sheet in progress (2 days)
Host of Nyx [ Bridget Satterlee | played by erised erised | sheet in progress (3 days)
Host of Morpheus | Lili Reinhart | played by iShyShy iShyShy | sheet in progress (3 days)
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlinks" style="display: none;"]
when threads are made, the links will go here for ease of access.

character sheets | here
[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited by a moderator:
is this only major gods and goddesses? as in Zeus, Hades, etc..., instead of minors like Iris and Nike?

is this only major gods and goddesses? as in Zeus, Hades, etc..., instead of minors like Iris and Nike?
major and minor gods both! also you might want to take another read through because i've just updated the rules.

i am a host.

host of Hermes | female | alexis mackenzie

host of Dionysus | male | ivan vuckovick

Last edited by a moderator:
host of Hermes | female | alexis mackenzie

host of Dionysus | male | ivan vuckovick
added to the roster! i will post the CS later and from then on, you will have four days to complete your characters.

This seems really interesting!

I am a host.
Host of Enyo - Female - Akira Reid

Host of Thor - Male - James Kakonge

Last edited:
I am a host.

Host of Chaos-female-Kia Aduni
Host of Hypnos-male-Nadar Kubem

I am a host.

Host of Chaos-female-Kia Aduni
Host of Hypnos-male-Nadar Kubem
i can accept your host of hypnos but i am a little iffy about your host of chaos, mainly because i'm unsure of the power set there. could you elaborate on what they might be?

i can accept your host of hypnos but i am a little iffy about your host of chaos, mainly because i'm unsure of the power set there. could you elaborate on what they might be?
i was thinking more along the lines of like causing objects to break/fall apart when touched, maybe just pure destruction in a certain area. If you're not confident that it could work im perfectly fine with switching it to host of Ares.

i was thinking more along the lines of like causing objects to break/fall apart when touched, maybe just pure destruction in a certain area. If you're not confident that it could work im perfectly fine with switching it to host of Ares.
yeah, i think i would be more comfortable with ares!

hey! could you elaborate on what your powers would be for apate?

Sure! I was thinking the host for Apate would be able to tell when someone is lying, but not which part of a statement is a lie so people could get around it. Also, he'd be incapable of lying himself.

Ooh, this sounds fun! I am a host.

Host of Vídarr | Norse | Male | Darin Wilkens
Host of Freyja | Norse | Female | Bellamiie (instagram)

Last edited:
this seems really cool! i haven't decided on a male character just yet, but i figured i'd put a placement down for my female while she's still available!
i am a host

host of hecate | female | courtney eaton

Sure! I was thinking the host for Apate would be able to tell when someone is lying, but not which part of a statement is a lie so people could get around it. Also, he'd be incapable of lying himself.
sure, that sounds good! both your characters are added to the roster!

tortellini tortellini erzulie erzulie slim slim xserendipitously xserendipitously polkadot polkadot deianeira deianeira dimensional dimensional izayoiix izayoiix Komasan Komasan

the character sheet is up!

you all have four days to complete your sheets or your spot will be given up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back